Monday, March 30, 2009
Cuidado con el Angel - March 30, 2009 - the party's over for Steffie and Isabel
* Pat tells Ceci and Cande about MC being in recovery from her operation. Ceci is so anxious that she wants to go to the hospital to be with her daughter. Pat has to convince her to stay home and sleep - there will be plenty of time to go tomorrow morning. Cande has blessed dreams of MC recovering. Cande goes to her room to sleep. Pat and Ceci sit on the sofa and talk. She thanks him for everything he is doing to support MC. Pat says he has to, MC is his daughter. Ceci smiles and hugs Pat.
* Isa wakes Steffie up in their hotel room. Isa is paranoid and worried about what could go wrong with Steffie's plot. Steffie is frustrated and tells her auntie to go back to sleep - they will have great news in the morning.
* Ceci asks Pat what's wrong? Pat is concerned about MC - wonders about her survival and health after surgery.
* JM talks with Blanca in the reception lobby. They wait and wonder about MC.
* MC lays in her hospital bed. She starts to wake up. Omar is at her side and excited. He asks if she knows him. She says his name. He's really excited now. She asks questions. He tells her about the operation and to relax.
* Isa is furious when she finds out the news about MC in the morning papers. She yells at Steffie that her plan to kill MC failed miserably - MC is alive and recovering from surgery at the hospital. Isa blasts her concerns and worries at Steffie. Steffie is still confident that they won't be caught.
* JM calls the castle and lets Nellie know that MC is still alive and recovering.
* Steffie and Isa argue in their hotel room. Steffie is still overconfident about no suspecting their participation in the murder plot. Isa is overly concerned. Steffie says that they are both in this together.
* Ramon meets with investigating detective at the police station (Victor Camara Jr. - judge in Amor Real). Investigator asks Ramon what he remembers happened before and during the shooting. Ramon explains that he and MC had a wonderful close friendship - he would never want to shoot or kill her.
* Nellie talks with Mayita about JM's phone call, tells Mayita that MC is sick. Mayita is concerned for MC and her baby brother. Nellie cheers Mayita up and sends her off to school. Mayita leaves. Balbina enters and Nellie talks with her - Nellie is still paranoid about Blanca living in the house.
* As the investigator talks with Ramon, Ramon starts to recall a lady backstage (flashback to Steffie poking around the prop area). Investigator asks Ramon questions about the mystery lady - Ramon says that he could pick her out of a line-up. Ramon then gives him a brief description - she's tall, dark hair and a beauty. Ramon then says that Amador's assistant was one of the main people who had access to the prop area. Investigator is happy with the information.
* Amador talks with someone about MC.
* Omar tells JM that MC woke up and recognized him. JM is happy for the news - that means the operation was indeed successful.
* At a picnic breakfast, Ceci and Cande discuss their worries about MC. Martirio finishes serving the breakfast. Before she leaves, Ceci tells her to let Patricio sleep - Ceci tells her and Cande that she's worried about MC and will call and visit the hospital. Cande is hopeful about MC's recovery. Cande asks Martirio for a plate of tortillas and food to take back to her house. Martirio leaves. Cande babbles to Ceci about Padre's prayers for MC. Ceci leaves Cande babbling alone at the table.
* AJ meets with the investigator about MC's shooting. AJ calls it an accident. Investigator asks her very pointed questions about her involvement.
* Steffie tells Isa that they will stick to the story about being on vacation. Isa is worried about all the news reports and suspicions. Steffie is still overconfident and says they will claim that they were on vacation with no contact with any newspapers, radio stations or television stations (in other words, they will lie.)
* AJ explains to the investigator that when she examined the pistol in the prop area, the chambers were empty. Investigator asks who put the bullets in the pistol. AJ is clueless - she explains all the various individuals with the production, besides her, that had access to the props. Investigator wonders about any mystery lady being there also.
* Nellie walks into reception area and presents herself to the secretary.
* AJ and investigator discuss the mystery lady - AJ recalls something really important.
* Steffie still isn't worried -- Isa on the other hand is totally paranoid about the plan falling apart. Steffie still dreams about marrying a millionaire and tells Isa to stay calm, nothing will happen.
* JM sits beside MC's bed and holds her hand.
* AJ tells the investigator about collecting all the props for the production, including the pistol. She remembers there was a lady backstage, asking for Amador and about the props. The lady walked away (we note in the flashback the lady is Steffie). AJ remembers a phone call that came in for Amador. AJ is puzzled about any connection between Amador and this lady.
* Blanca answers the phone at the castle. Ed asks her about JM and MC - Blanca tells him that JM brought her back to the castle then went and spent the night with MC at the hospital. Blanca gives him the news that MC woke up this morning.
* JM is at MC's bedside - he watches her sleep, holds her hand, kisses her bandaged head.
* Steffie, in bikini and sarong, walks through the lobby and out the door - an elderly gent pulls up in his fancy car. He gets out of his car and is very interested in Steffie's beauty.
* Investigator yells over the phone to another detective his orders for the investigation.
* Nellie meets with another detective about her daughter's murder case. Nellie plays paranoid mother who wants justice and can't live in limbo and uncertainty anymore.
* Omar and JM change shifts in MC's room. JM leaves to see JM Jr.
* Steffie flirts with this elder gent at his car. He asks her to have dinner with him tonight. She plays hard to get and isn't sure about accepting.
* Ceci visits MC and talks with Omar about MC's condition. He tells Ceci that when MC wakes up again, she should recover completely.
* Elder gent and Steffie continue to flirt. Steffie plays hard to get; she says that she needs to ask her auntie for permission to accept the dinner invitation.
* JM brings Cande and JM Jr. into the room. Ceci takes over holding Jr in her arms and she and Cande laugh about seeing MC's reaction to her son. Omar and JM are concerned beside the bed as they check on MC.
* Steffie goes back to the hotel room to tell Isa her good fortune about flirting with the elder gent. Isa is half-excited by the prospect but also still very worried and concerned. Steffie isn't worried - she's enchanted and more confident than ever before.
* MC wakes up. Omar tells her that she's out of danger. MC asks for her son. Ceci tells her that Cande dressed him so handsomely for her as she brings him to the bedside. MC starts to freak ou - SHE CAN'T SEE ANYTHING!!! JM leans in to try and calm MC.
* Outside at the pool, Steffie and Isa are on their walk and talking about the gent and the dinner invitation. They spot him lounging at the pool. Isa notes his age. Steffie has no problem with it. Steffie thinks he is their savior. Isa has huge doubts this plan will work. Steffie plans to go to dinner with him and prod him for information. Isa is told that she needs to give permission. They continue their walk.
* JM examines MC eyes. MC is still in a panic and crying "I CAN'T SEE! MAMA! I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING!"
* Pat is awake and wandering around the mansion looking for Ceci. The maid tells him that Ceci, Cande, JM and JM Jr. are at the hospital visiting MC. Pat asks if there's any news about MC. The maid says no one has called the mansion with news.
* Omar argues with JM in front of MC about the blindness -- Omar blames JM for the operation and this. Ceci tells them to stop and take it outside. Ceci stays with MC to try and calm and console her. MC cries for Cande. Omar and JM stomp out the door.
* In the hallway, Omar and JM continue their argument about MC - who's to blame for her blindness and who is the better man to be with her.
* Rainstorm in Fantasyland - Mayita cries to Granny M about MC's accident and being at the hospital - Mayita is extremely worried. Granny has to console and helps Mayita to pray for MC's health and survival. The sun starts to shine but it's still raining and Mayita is still crying and scared.
* JM and Omar continue their argument over MC. JM has the last word - that he still loves MC and will be there at her side to support her in this crisis and forever. JM leaves. Omar is frustrated.
ADVANCE: MC's blind; the investigator tells Patricio that he has a suspect in the case, Estefania Velarde!
So Faffy Cuenca (can't the actor's name, but that's the name of the character he played in QE) is making a comeback as the same character as he played last time. Wonder if he'll make Estafa dress up as well.
There was a discussion as to whether Amadork is redemable, and my vote is for no way. He's still a tool and deserves a big anvil to fall on him. My vote for the villain that gets redeemed goes to Onelia. I suspect that once she finds out without a doubt what a piece of work Viv was, she'll be nicer to Blanca, or at least to Mari.
I hope the blindness doesn't last long. She seemed to be able to see when she spoke to Omar, so maybe it's a temporary thing.
By the way, the old dude that Steffie is schmoozing is wearing a pretty bad suit. Didn't he press it before he hauled it out of his closet for his bit role?
Thanks JR, your recaps are always so clear and easy to follow. As a Querida Enemiga regular I loved seeing Fafy show up again, minus the toupee. Estefania is an evil wench but she certainly looked fetching in that outfit. Haven't had a waist like that since my last child was born. Sigh.
I've watched the whole thing on the mexican station that we can't get here in the states and know how it ends and stuff, they just kinda made stuff up to add more chapters. Don't get me wrong, I love this telenovela. But it definetly isn't as good as the beginning was.
I want to punch Ratajulia in the nose that little sneek!
Anyway, I go on univision.com to check out William Levy's forum and see what all the gossip is. And believe me, it's all just gossip.
Poor MC!! At least she has lots of people who will take care of her and we all know it will not last, but I'm sure will be drawn.....out.
Yes, Margarita, I have said a few times I think Onelia will turn good. It started with her worrying about Mayita and you see a hand stroking her head while she is asleep and it's Onelia. I have hopes for abuela.
Great recap, as always.
Violet, I believe Ana J. gave the inspector the clue when she said that the unknown woman in the prop room was a friend of Amadour's. She didn't remember her name, but the other actor had already given a detailed description of Stefi. The inspector is then seen shouting into his phone to have Amadour brought back to the station for more questioning, so he'll probably worm it out of him.
i grow tired of this. thank god for the recaps so i can just skim through the episode on yt while reading the recap as i go along
and yeah steffie does have one hell of a body and a glowing complexion!
they should add some side stories if they need some fillers, i mean where the heck did everybody go? we need some action not the draggy hospital scenes where everybody's crying a river
I liked her character in the beginning, but now i just can't help but roll my eyes at her being injured and wanting the same ppl she pushed away to be with her now. blanca could've drowned in self-pity after everything that happened, but she pulled herself together so good for her!
lol yes i know i'm rambling and ppl may disagree but it is just a novela and i was getting fed up of Marichuy's character.
I've been thinking for months that Onelia will turn good, but she's sure dragging it out. I guess it's more believable than if it happened suddenly, the way it does on a lot of shows.
Omar is a jerk. Even if the operation did cause the blindness, would you rather have her blind or dead? Sheesh.
Great recap, Jody.
Margarita, thank you for spotting Faffy! I would never have recognized him (which I'm embarrassed to admit it as I loved QE!) Judy noted he didn't have his toupee - perhaps that may account for my oversight? :) Speaking of QE, if anyone needs a Chef Hawt fix, he is a guest judge on the beauty pagent Univision is running on Sunday nights.
Some of your comments have me thinking I missed something on AJ. She's ambitious and self-serving but seemed to be genuinely upset for Mari (despite a lapse to flirt with Amador). Do we know for certain she's rotten to the core? Just wondering what I missed or didn't pick up on...Diana in MA
Yes, Omar is an idiot, never could stand him from the get go. I hope he just leaves town. PLEASE!
I was on Team Omar originally due to his kindness and protectiveness toward Mari. Unfortunately, those qualities quickly vanished. His present obsessive, jealous behavior bears no resemblance to his original character. He never gained Mari's affection, let alone her love. I agree he should leave, but take Blanca with him! :) Diana in MA
Good to have you back, Diana. That Judy is a gem!
Besides, in this particular novela, it's kind of mostly about the looks, isn't it? Or is it just me?
The only thing more trite than having MC going blind would be having her have amnesia.
Maybe Cande goes over to the Institute on Tontas as comes back as the new Christina?
I hope Fafy turns out to be a houseboy who just drove over to the hotel to deliver his boss' car!
I know its not the right era, but sure would like to see Steffie run over by an ox cart!
In the side bar photos, I'm Jody.