Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Cuidado con el Angel - Monday, April 27 - Pat and JM are at each other's throats and AJ grins like a cat that ate the canary
* JM sits on MC's bed and they talk about AJ's news over her blindness being permanent. She doesn't want him to be with her out of pity. She forgives him for the harm he caused her but now she wants him to leave her alone.
* AJ waits patiently in the lobby area and see Pat walk down the hallway.
* JM cries and tells MC how much he still loves her and that will never change. She doesn't believe him. He explains how deeply he loves her. She fights her feelings. They cry together as he continues to talk about their love. He leans in and... THEY KISS!!! (AY!)
* AJ stops Pat in the hallway and they talk about MC in her room by herself with a friend. Pat is unnerved.
* Pat opens the door and breaks up the romantic kiss between JM and MC. He is furious that JM dared to even enter the room and demands that JM leave the room and MC's life forever. AJ smiles as she stands in the hallway and thought bubbles about her plan to get JM all to herself. Pat and JM argue about JM's love for MC and his right to be there. Pat threatens to make JM pay for all the damage he's done to MC.
* Ceci, Cande and Juanito are having a picnic at the outdoor gazebo at the mansion. Ceci is worried about Pat and his temper at the hospital. She calls him but there's no answer. Cande doesn't think there is anything to worry about. Ceci is concerned about MC and tries to call AJ for an update.
* MC cries from her bed as Pat and JM continue to argue and fight in the room. Pat throws JM out. JM stands his ground and fights back. MC cries and shouts for them to stop.
* AJ talks with someone in the hallway when her cell phone rings. She answers and talks with Ceci; she says that MC is fine but there's a huge argument happening now in the room between Pat and JM.
* Inside the room, Pat and JM continue their fight. MC cries, yells and gets out of bed only to fall to the floor. JM and Pat are stunned and go to her aid.
* Cande cries as Ceci relays AJ's inforrmation to her about Pat and JM's fight in MC's room. AJ explains to Ceci why she's outside the room. Ceci asks her to go inside. AJ assures her that everything will be fine. Ceci wants to go to the hospital. AJ assures her that's not necessary. When Ceci hangs up, she and Cande discuss the fight between JM and Pat. Cande gives her curious opinions about AJ.
* Pat tells JM not to touch MC and to leave them alone forever. JM tries to stay put. MC cries and convinces him to leave. Pat grimaces and glares as JM leaves the room. Pat kneels down to MC on the floor.
* In the hallway, JM talks with AJ about what happened in the room with him and Pat. AJ acts shocked and horrified, and tries to flirt and console him. JM tells her it isn't needed. (curses AJ's foiled again.)
* MC cries over feeling scared and useless. Pat tries to cheer her up. MC tells him to stop - she knows the truth about her blindness being permanent.
* AJ tries to convince JM to leave with her now. He can return later when Ceci arrives.
* MC tells Pat that AJ told her the truth. He's impactado (stunned).
* In fantasyland decorated with christmas trees and snow falling, Granny M and Mayita have their playtime chat. Granny M tells Mayita the final part of "The Christmas Carol" (with animation). At the end, they exchange holiday greetings and hugs.
* Pat can't believe that AJ told her. MC cries and wants to know why he didn't have the courage to tell it to her; that he let her continue to have hope that her sight would return? She scolds him for always blaming JM for her tragedy but he is also at fault for leading her on with false hopes and promises. Pat is stunned silent.
* In the car, JM is driving and talking with AJ about MC at the hospital. JM knows that MC indeed still loves him, he still loves her. AJ reminds him that she has her family, Cande, her son, and that soon she may even find a new man in her life.
* Pat tells MC there is an operation that could be done but it is very dangerous. MC wants to know what the operation is. Pat nervously tells her.
* Black and white flashbacks of MC and JM, MC at church, MC finding out she pregnant, MC and Juanito on the balcony. Pat words about the life and death risks of the surgery for her resonate through MC's thought bubbles.
* JM stops the car. He explains to AJ how he knows he and MC will always be connected. JM tells her that he kissed MC at the hospital before Pat rudely interrupted them - and that MC responded to him. AJ promises to keep his secret and starts to try to flirt but stops when JM looks at her suspiciously.
* MC tells Pat that she wants to risk her life and her mental status and have the surgery. Pat is impactado (stunned).
* JM wants to know what she's talking about. AJ tells him to forget it - just know that she will always be a loyal friend to him. JM loves MC; he asks AJ to stay with and care for MC. AJ happily agrees.
* MC wants to have the surgery. Pat is beside himself and tries to convince her not to do it. MC yells at him for trying to keep her helpless and blind.
* JM tells AJ see you soon. AJ reminds him of her support and friend and climbs out of the car.
* MC cries and tells her dad that she would rather risk everything for the surgery and a chance to see again. Pat cries and doesn't want to lose her. He leaves. She sits in bed and cries.
* AJ smiles in the hallway. (what did they do, just drive around the parking lot?) She finds Pat, who just walked out to the hallway. He scolds her for telling MC the truth.
* JM has a flashback of him and MC in the hospital room, and Pat getting angry and throwing him out. JM vows to never leave MC's life. They belong together forever.
* AJ explains why she did it, because MC had a right to know the truth. Pat thinks AJ had ulterior motives. AJ has to work to convince him her motives were true and fair. He's still angry. She asks him to trust her and be patient. Pat then attacks her about JM being in MC's room. AJ thought bubbles about the handsome JM. Pat asks her again about JM.
* Mayita runs to the living room and asks Balbina where her dad is. Balbina says in his office and he is busy. Mayita says he'll see her and leaves.
* JM and Mayita hug. She tells him about the lovely conversation she just had with Granny M. JM tries to tell her Granny M is an angel, but Mayita doesn't listen so JM lets her continue to believe what she wants. Mayita says she wishes MC and Juanito could spend the holidays with them at the castle. JM smiles and sighs.
* Pat continues to argue with AJ. AJ works at convincing him to calm down and not cause any scandals at the hospital. She mentions the argue and pleads her case - to think about MC and what she needs. AJ tells Pat that she spoke with JM after he left the room. They walk down the hallway.
* JM talks with Mayita as she eats her cookie and drinks her milk. JM explains to her that MC had a terrible accident and to have patience. MC is at the hospital right now. Mayita wants to go visit her and help her. JM explains why MC, Juanito and Cande can't come to visit them now. JM then tells her that he is working on a special surprise that may change their lives forever. Mayita is excited.
* Pat and AJ watch MC sleep in her hospital bed. Nurse enters and tells Pat that the doctor wants to see him. Pat leaves.
* Doctor meets with Pat in the office to discuss MC's condition and treatment status. Dr., Israel and another doctor all agree that performing surgery on MC will put her life in jeopardy and are advising against it. Pat is worried. Dr. tells him that MC is well enough to be released and return home.
ADVANCE: As AJ works to split JM and MC up for good, JM works at finding a miracle for MC to regain her eyesight and them getting back together again.
Lawd... not many people can kiss an actress like Levy can. There ought to be a law against that kind of hotness. But then we'd all be in jail, ladies. And happy about it, too. Mmmmmmm, mm-mm.
All the time Prat was scolding JM about being so bad for MC, I kept remembering how JM used to beg Prat just to give MC the time of day, to no avail. My, how quickly we forget our own asshattery, Prat. And there he was lying to MC about her condition, because that's okay, it's for her own good, he can lie but no one else in Mexico can lie, uh-uh. MC needs to continue to press her case. She might end up dead or mental, but it's her decision and no one else's. She ain't a minor!
Merry Christmas, Granny and Mayita! Now, if the outside world will get in sync with the right clothing and weather, that would be swell.
Hey... has anyone seen the Velarde deer on the lawn lately? I haven't, for a while. Maybe they should ride out to the hacienda and check Omar's big game hunter room in case he's snuck and mounted it on his wall or something.
Okay, AJ. You're getting repetitive with your scheming. Come up with something new, or give it up. Either crap, or get off the pot.
Y'all, I cracked up when JM started to tell Mayita about MC having yet another crisis. Mayita threw him a crazy look and said something to the effect of "Huh? NOW what's happened to her?" Our thoughts exactly, my dear. When will it ever stop? ROFL
Have a great day, all.
I didn't watch last night's episode, so the recap really help me catch up. I can't stand Ana Julia. She takes up a lot of time on the scene now. I wish the writers would concentrate on other characters in the show.
Ana Julia, she should remember what happened to Estefania and Isabela for what they did to Marichuy. Also look what happened to Amador when he tried to take his son - now he is in hospital hanging on to life.
One of the best scenes was when Mari: "...scolds him for always blaming JM for her tragedy but he is also at fault for leading her on with false hopes and promises. Pat is stunned silent." Great to see the judge chastised, wasn't it??
I could not believe Mari fell out of bed. Basta! No more accidents please!
It's interesting that aside from Mari, the women either infatuated with or professing to be in love with JM - Stefi, Viv, Ivette and AJ are consummate liars and borderline sociopaths.
We haven't seen much of the Stefi who DOES talk to roses :)
I think it's Violet who's been commenting that JM jr always wears a hat but not shoes. Violet, he did have some on last night so it must really be chilly.
Diana in MA
The deer is missing..what about the dove, is it still at the hacienda? Oh, I forgot, it flew in through the window at Ceci's when Mari held little JM in her arms after JM brought him back from the orphanage! Chuckle-chuckle.
Thank you Jody for the recap.
Remember when there used to be other characters on this show, and sometimes they did stuff? Sometimes it was even fun? Yeah, it's been awhile...no wonder all Marichuy's memories have now turned to fuzzy crackly old films.
I, too, thought Mayita was funny: "What's happened to her NOW? How can so many things happen to one person?" Indeed, Mayita. At least the fall out of bed was only pre-commercial drama and didn't cause any more damage.
Mayita is adorable and Granny Mariana so warm and wise. But, I just don't know how much more of Twinnkleland I can stand. I need action!
Mostly I am just reading the recaps and comments, and you guys rock.
A big hello to all my old friends here and bienvenidos to the new folks. And un milion de gracias to the recappers. Life intervenes sometimes and blogging takes a backseat.
Stephe – I totally agree. Mari is no longer a minor, so why aren’t the doctors discussing her situation with her rather than Pat, and why are Pat and others making decisions for her? She is in the dark in more ways than one.
Alison – I loved Viv too. She was the only person on this show who was having a great time and loving life. Except those lives she wiped out, of course, but she was loving her own life.
Too bad JM can’t slip Mari a love letter but oh, yeah, she’s BLIND.
I do give the writers credit for actually allowing JM and MC to kiss. It reminds us why we watch this show.
I'm not understanding the logic of removing the other characters when the writers essentially have our poor couple going in circles (and not with one another). It makes the novela seem even LONGER when the couple is not together and the only plot point is keeping them apart. Basta!
Stephe - I too noticed I had not seen the pet deer. I hope he's OK.
Welcome back Agnes.
I need action, too! Keeping JM and Marichuy apart is just getting unbelievably tedious. They should just get together already, and then something else could happen. Like, they could happen upon a ring of jewel thieves, and discover some long-lost cousins, and go on a camping trip during which a lot of mishaps occurs and JM is totally hopeless at dealing with them but Mayita is a total McGuyver and saves the day, and take tango lessons.
I can't stand hearing Mari say to JuanMi - I'm suffering for all the damage you did to me. How many times do we have to hear that. It's mostly not true either. Mari has gotten into a lot of trouble because she was naive or just plan stubborn.