Menu

Monday, July 20, 2026

TELEMUNDO Y MÁS (#1): El Señor de los Cielos, Lejos de Ti, Golden Boy y más: Week of July 20, 2026

Welcome to Page 1 (Monday edition) of the Telemundo y Más page, issued twice a week: Mondays and Thursdays at 8:00 PM.

Here are the current telenovelas (all times are Eastern Daylight Time):

  • El Señor de los Cielos
  • Lejos de Tí
  • Yali Çapkini/Golden Boy

Welcome to Page 1 (Monday edition) of the Telemundo y Más page, issued twice a week:  Mondays and Thursdays at 8:00 PM

Everyone is welcome to join in the conversation.  Since discussions of all the novelas share the same page, please remember to put the name of the telenovela you're referring to at the top of your post, so readers can easily find the conversations they're looking for.

By common agreement, this group DOES NOT discuss previews, trailers, or any other plot information not found in a current or past episode of the current production.  Spoilers WILL be removed by the admin.  This includes reference to earlier productions of the story, and even the original novel.  Thanks for your cooperation!

22 comments:

  1. Lejos

    I'm at a Milwaukee Brewers game tonight and won't be watching tonight's Lejos de Tí episode until tomorrow sometime. Anyone can jump in with a short paragraph with the high points of tonight's episode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "SENOR10"
    Howdy from the Alamo City CarayCaray Family. Here's my super-short recap of this evening's episode.

    *Dahlila gets scolded by Slippery Mauricio over the Computer Hacker Girl getting away LOL.

    *Daddy Starbucks suffers a health scare during the typical scolding of Dahlila & the Police Department.

    *Constanza resists Dahlila's attempts at going further than a hug & scolds her too; Dahlila leaves flustered by using the elevator.

    *Rutila still couldn't pull the trigger at Crazy Lucy when it mattered. Oh well!

    *Hothead Diana visits David at the hospital.

    *Rutila & Felina cooking up something against Crazy Lucy. What could possibly go wrong 🤔

    ReplyDelete
  3. lejos

    Lunes Anastasia, the Brewers won. I looked it up and also discovered they’re in first place. I wish I could say the same about the San Francisco Giants. I’ll do a quickie.

    This was another impactful episode. Yep, Mine was shot by Sadakat. Alya becomes hysterical and wants to save her while Sada burns the documents that prove Boran was Ecmel’s child. Alya shouts that Mine is a mother. Alya is dragged away by Sada’s henchies. Ecmel arrives and says that Cihan did it.

    Cihan arrives and Alya runs into his arms, sobbing, and telling him she was trying to convince Mine. Sada tells her sons what she did. Zero shame. Alya says she’ll tell the police. [Once again, I ask: how can Ecmel seize Alya’s child from her even if it is his grandchild?]

    Ecmel comes home to say what happened. We get lots more Fidan ranting and Demir chiming in that Cihan is a horrible person. Nare looks stricken and leaves the table. When they are in their room, she refuses to tell Sahin the big secret. [I believe clamming up is the wise thing to do. It’s going to affect their marriage, but Sahin is a total wimp around his father.]

    Don’t know if something was cut, but Alya and Cihan are away from Midyat. They speak of Mesopotamia. There’s another kiss, but they play that awful love theme. They sleep in the same bed, fully clothed but snuggled up.

    Alya and Cihan are there to observe Mine’s casket. Guess it’s her ex having made the arrangements. Mine’s daughter stares at them.

    When they come home, Alya tells Sada that, yes, she won’t go to the police. But Sada will be living with her own conscience.

    Cihan takes Alya to work at the hospital. But he and Kaya want to speak with the woman he saw by Boran’s grave. Bottom line she says that the body in the grave is her husband, Omer Bakir, not Boran Albora. Then she can’t breathe, the staff comes rushing in, and that’s that.

    Cihan’s lawyer gets some background. It was a bit confusing to me, but they learn the name of one Vurgun Celebi, who lives in Istanbul. He was in touch with the Bakirs.

    Cihan lies, saying he’s going to Syria for some urgent business matter. Cihan, Kadir and Muzaffer arrive in Istanbul. Vurgan appears to work on wrist watches or is a jeweler. He clams up. Cihan sees prayer beads in the drawer that belonged to Boran.

    Cihan and the guys stake out Vurgun’s shop and follow him home.

    Alya puts Cihan’s photo in her locket.

    Kadir and Muzaffer point guns at Vurgun, and Cihan enters the apartment. He looks horrified upon seeing a hospital bed and medical machines in a room. I suspect it’s Boran.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lejos

    Thank you for the summary, Novelera. I’m having trouble getting into this season, even though there’s lots of excitement. I think I just am tired of all the yelling, guns, etc.

    Sadakat did shoot Mine. No surprise there. She is cold-blooded. But she is probably right that to keep their secret it will be much easier now. She didn’t want her family to do it, but would have liked Alya to. I find her really awful.

    Hmmm. Maybe it is Boran! Wouldn’t that be a plot twist! I’m thinking back to the beginning and his funeral is where we started!

    As I said, I’m about to drop this. I have lots on my plate and it hasn’t worked for me. The summaries have been great, however.

    Bsbachita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lejos

    Thank you so much Novelera!! I had family visiting so couldn’t join in earlier.

    Wow what a plot twist!! Me, I’m hooked.

    I did think Sadakat’s conscience was a teeny bit troubled.

    Boy, are these two chaste! I mean, they’re married so they could strip down and have at it.

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lejos

    I don’t think Sadakat’s conscience will be much bothered by Mine’s death. It might be a bit of a shock to her, actually succeeding at murder after failing to shoot Alya, but she’ll justify the killing as protecting her grandson.

    A grandson who could be safe in Canada now! How many times has Alya been at the airport ready to leave? Three times? At least twice. Maybe if she gets another chance, she should get on the dang airplane.

    K

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lejos
    Season 2, ep 6
    Tuesday

    Very quick recap:

    The patient they found in Instanbul was Boran. He is in a coma. Cihan and co. brought him back to Midyat or Mardin. He will be in hiding to keep him safe from those who tried to kill him before.. The bodies were switched in Canada after the accident while Alya was unconscious. The guy from the store in Istanbul is Boran's caretaker. It's coming up on the one-year anniversary of his "death". Sorry to be so short on an important episode, but that's all I have time for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lejos

    Much appreciated Anastasia!!

    Nobody thanked the body guard!! He has loyally been taking care of Boran all this time and even got him safely away from the baddies and transported to Turkey. The guy deserves lavish thanks and also a stack of money.

    Also he said Alya didn’t know what he looked like. How could she not know what her husband’s body guard looked like?

    Boran had a neatly trimmed beard and now Cihan is shaving it to ugly stubble length. Bleh.

    Anyway, all this is a great plot turn.

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  9. "SENOR10"
    Anastasia, Maggie, Liz, Blue Lass, Dondi356, Kat in SC & Halimacandy: Here's my super-short recap of last night's episode.

    *Dahlila meeting with Castillo at DEA Mexico headquarters in Mexico City.

    *Constanza & Mauricio getting their freak on.

    *Aurelio & Crazy Lucy: Fast Forward.

    *Felina, Hothead Diana & Rutila discussing something that I hadn't comprehend.

    *Gomez Labrador speaking to Cifuentes on the phone discussing about a potential bloodbath, etc.,

    *Aurelio talking to some weird spirit 🤔

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lejos

    Maggie - I missed some of that. I know I want to watch the explanation scene with English subtitles online.

    Last spring, I caught a piece of discussion of the Turkish season 2 (Google translates Turkish Youtube comments) and knew Boran was not dead. I quickly stopped looking. I wanted to stay in the present romance. So I was not surprised that they quickly ended Mine's story and had Monday's episode emphasize Cihan's and Alys's togetherness. Cihan's dismay mixed with joy when Boran was found was well expressed by the actor. (I can't look up his name while I am in this blog. )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lejos

    Ozan Akbaba is the critically-acclaimed actor playing Cihan. He was just incredible last night portraying Cihan's shock, dismay and joy that Boran was found.

    ReplyDelete
  12. lejos

    I've finally caught up to the current episode. I intend to continue watching the second season. Once I'm finished with recapping KPA, (should be in mid August) I can pick up a Friday recap for this. I'll continue to do 1/wk for Golden until we finish it.

    No surprise that Boran is alive and that Sadakat killed Mine. Should we expect Cihan's first love, Meryem, to come back as well? They've mentioned her a few times.

    I hope they do not try to redeem Sada. I was so pissed when they redeemed Azize in Hercai. Some characters should not escape the anvil.

    ITA, Anastasia, Ozan did a good job with the Boran reveal. Let's see what Sinem Ünsal (Alya) can do with the reveal.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lejos Q for Novelera

    Novelera, if you see this, are you doing the recap for tonight's (Wednesday) episode or shall I? Perhaps I should, if you can do Friday's. I won't be able to watch Friday's episode until Monday or Tuesday.

    I'll take a few notes tonight just in case I don't see a Wednesday recap tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seńor

    Thanks Steve for keeping us up to date.

    ReplyDelete
  15. lejos

    Again, I want to mention that for future people on the blog who want to see our recaps, please only use the one label at the top of your comment.

    Tonight is not a good night for me, Anastasia, so I'd be grateful if you could do one. I can do Thursday.

    As we saw, Anastasia's couple of lines brought out comments. So anyone willing to put up short recaps, please think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. golden
    #74 part 1

    Ferit gives Seyran her ring and asks her to at least wear it for appearances.

    Ferit leaves the room and Gulgun stops him on his way out. She asks him what happened last night. How’s Seyran? Things got a little tense, he calmly replies, but I’ll fix it. He continues downstairs. Gulgun wonders if there’s something else that happened and doesn’t want to talk about. He just repeats that he’ll fix it. He passes Sultan on the stairs and he doesn’t acknowledge her.
    Seyran is dressed. She looks at her hand, still without the ring. She starts to cry and there’s a knock at the door. It’s Suna and she sees that Seyran is upset. What happened? Seyran hugs Suna tightly and sobs. Suna tries to calm her. They sit down.

    Suna asks, did something bad happen last night? Seyran nods. Then what’s wrong, Suna asks, you’re making me crazy. Seyran wipes her tears with her hand. Suna notices Seyran’s ring is missing. Seyran takes it out of her pocket and places it on the coffee table.

    Orhan is looking over financial documents that Sadik brought him. Sadik says, I brought them before your father came for you to review them. Orhan tells him it’s good he did this. If there’s a problem, I’ll bring them to Dad personally. He adds, this is one of Fuat’s jobs. It doesn’t seem to be very important. Sadik looks a bit concerned and starts to question something. Orhan shut end that saying, I’ll keep you informed. Sadik leaves.

    Orhan texts Defne: are you available for lunch? Defne: I’m feeling a little sick. Is everything okay?

    Seyran must have spilled to Suna. Tell me now, abla, how can I wear that ring again? Okay, I’ll tell you what I think, Suna says, but don’t get mad. Seyro rolls her eyes—I can’t believe you agree with him. Suna answers, listen, Pelin’s mother did what any mother would do for her daughter. Seyro scoffs.

    Suna continues, sure, she didn’t pick a great time, but think about what you would do in her situation. Imagine if you had a daughter who was dating someone they loved and that person is forced into marriage. The girl gets depressed, she’s suffering. Can you imagine it? Picture it happening to me and everyone reacting. I’m sure you would have gone to her house and unleashed your anger on them. You know that’s true. Since this is your reality, it’s not easy to accept. But you should try to see things from the outside.

    Seyran replies, I’m sure that Ferit and his family will find the solution that best suits them, even though I shouldn’t have to pay for it. At the end of the day, I see it clearly. Ferit is still lying to me, over and over again. Suna says, let’s not think of it as a lie. More like he left out some details. Seyran thinks there’s no difference. Leaving things out is lying, too. Some lies are spoken, others silent.

    Suna jokes that she’s beginning to feel sorry for Ferit. You are more stubborn than I thought. Let that woman come and make claims. She’ll get bored and leave on her own. She and her daughter won’t always be around [from your lips to Allah’s ears, Suna.] It will pass. Seyran says inshallah. She rubs her thumb over her ringless finger.

    Zerrin gets a call and takes it outside on the balcony so Pelin doesn’t hear. We only hear her side of the convo. I wouldn’t call if I didn’t need you, she says, I need more information on this girl, and fast. I wouldn’t say so. I’d say nothing has changed. I was waiting for your call. I’ll call back.

    ReplyDelete
  17. golden
    #74 part 2

    Pelin comes outside and asks her mom why she didn’t talk inside. Zerrin says she didn’t want to bother her. There’s an awkward silence. Then Pelin says, I’m scared. I’m scared of you, you’re still doing things behind my back. I have no idea how much damage you could do. How could you go to Ferit’s house? See what that visit has done? The connection we have has begun to deteriorate. At this rate you and I might never see each other again.

    Zerrin answers, I don’t know what you see in the mirror each morning, but I don’t like what I see. All I want is my happy, mischievous daughter back. The girl who never left my side. [that’s an idea, they can go back to London together.] I’ll do what it takes to bring that girl back. Even if you don’t like it. This convo is cut short by Burak arriving.

    Ifakat pleasantly notes Seyran’s unhappy demeanor at breakfast and asks if there’s a problem. Seyran looks up from her plate—pardon? I asked if everything is okay, Ifakat says, you seem distracted. Seyran says she’s fine. It’s not very convincing. Ifakat notices Seyran is not wearing her ring. She asks, does this mean you’ve made a decision?

    Seyran says she left the ring on the nightstand. Ifakat presses. Gulgun jumps in, what’s the big deal? Sometimes I forget my ring, too. Don’t overreact. Seyran answers back, if there is a problem with me sitting here without my ring, I can get up. Gulgun turns to Seyran and asks, are we a little tense? Seyran says no, should I be? We get a closeup on Seyran’s bare hand.

    Ifakat turns her nasty self to Suna. If you have any plans, you’ll have to cancel them. Suna asks why. There’s someone I’d like you to meet, Ifakat says. He’s the son in a well-connected family in Istanbul. He’s been in business for years. A successful young man. I organized a dinner for you to meet him. I know it’s sudden and I’m sorry I couldn’t give you more of a heads up. Sometimes good things happen suddenly.

    Suna is nervous. Well… I don’t know… Seyran tries to interject but Ifakat quickly says, I’m not speaking to you. Asuman speaks up, I don’t think it’s right that she’s the last one to find out about this dinner. Ifakat says it’s Suna’s decision. Asuman replies that it seems it’s already decided for Suna.

    Gulgun comments, it’s just a dinner. What’s wrong with that? Ifakat pressures Suna, give this kid a chance by having a quiet dinner before Ramadan. That’s the advantage of belonging to a family like this one. You should be grateful. Suna looks panicked. Gulgun asks to speak with Seyran alone after breakfast. Seyran agrees and excuses herself from the table.

    Seyran and Gulgun talk in Gulgun’s bedroom. Gulgun starts to speak and Seyran interrupts—how could you? When you came to ask my… well… ask for my sister’s hand, how could you promise that to Ferit? Even if it hadn’t been my sister or me, how could you hurt somebody like that? Gulgun sighs, the truth is I did it to keep Ferit from acting impulsively and running away… But it was a mistake.

    Gulgun tries not to cry. She asks Seyran for forgiveness. Seyran replies, it will take more than “I’m sorry” to forgive this. You treated whoever was marrying him like an object, so he wouldn’t throw a tantrum and as if that woman didn’t have feelings. What if that woman was your daughter? Think about that.

    Gulgun sits next to Seyran and reaches for her hand. Seyran pulls it away. You have the right to reproach me, Gulgun admits, just keep in mind as his mother, I was desperate. If you only knew what I’ve had to put up with to keep this house from destroying me. [Seyran’s been a quick learner on this account.] It’s hard. I’ve made mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  18. golden
    #74 part 3

    I want to believe you, Seyran says, and I wish I could trust Ferit one day. How can I? Gulgun puts her hand on Seyran’s back and can’t find an answer. Seyran says she expected that. Not even his own mother can tell me to trust him. Seyran leaves. Gulgun drinks water and throws the glass on the floor, shattering it. She laments, why did this woman come into our lives? Why did she show up at the worst possible moment?

    Ifakat calls Kazim. She tells him she has an interesting opportunity for him and Suna. He tells her that’s great but he’s busy right now. Fuat and I think the man who came to see Kazim at his apartment are in his office. He invites Ifakat to come to the office later to discuss.

    Suna and Abidin meet at their special spot on the side of the house. He takes her hand and notes it’s cold. She says she’s cold. He takes out a pair of gloves and gives them to her. I remembered what you said, these gloves will keep you warm when I’m not here to hold your hands. Suna starts to cry. He asks, did something bad happen? Suna composes herself and starts, Ifakat Hanim… she told me this morning she wants me to meet someone. She arranged a dinner tonight.

    Abidin is knocked for a loop. What are you trying to say, he asks, is it what I think? Suna nods. That’s her goal, not mine. All I want is to hold your hand. She grabs it. Abi realizes she didn’t plan this and asks if she will turn it down. Suna shakes her head and says she has no choice. I’m here, Suna, Abi replies, don’t say you have no choice. No one can force you to do something you don’t want to. [where has Abi been for the past 73 episodes?]

    Suna says, I need to keep acting normal, or it will be bad for us. Abi says he’s not scared. Suna says she’s scared. Very scared. A tear falls from Abi’s eye. She says, I’m scared for you and for me. You know how everyone here is. Halis Ağa, Ifakat Hanim. We are not ready to tell them about us yet. Until then, we have to keep quiet. There’s hand holding, tears, and a hug.

    Hattuc surprises Halis at the office. She hopes it’s not an interruption. He’s thrilled to see her. He tells her, I want all my time to be yours. Let’s sit. To what do I owe this pleasure? I have news, she replies, good news, I hope. There’s a knock at the door and Mehves enters to announce another visitor—Kazim. He corrects her, I’m not a visitor, my office is next door. Halis invites him to sit.

    Hattuc doesn’t look too pleased to see her nephew. Kazim calls her out on coming straight to Halis and not to him first. Hattuc makes an excuse—she thought he would be too busy with work. Kazim asks if she’s shared the news with Halis. Halis asks, what news? Kazim says that Ifakat is coming. She found a suitor for Suna and I’d like to know your opinion.

    Halis says he heard about it but he thinks Ifakat can explain it better. He doesn’t want to say something wrong. What matters is Suna’s happiness, he says. It’s her choice after all. Kazim replies, and what could she say? She’s blessed by being supported like this. She should be celebrating. She should be grateful. Halis and Hattuc don’t look so sure about that.

    ReplyDelete
  19. golden
    #74 part 4

    Seyran and Suna are out on the bedroom balcony. Suna asks, are you going to keep up this nonsense with the ring? That’s nothing compared to my problem. Spare me your impulsiveness and stubbornness. Seyro asks, what problem? You’re just going to dinner. You’re acting like you have a boyfriend that you don’t want to upset. Why aren’t you excited? Maybe he’s handsome. Could be the person of your dreams. My dreams aren’t the same anymore, Suna replies, my dream now is to be with a man who loves me as much as I love him. Don’t get ahead of yourself, Seyran answers, give this man a chance.

    A knock at the door. Dicle enters with an armful of gift boxes and a large colorful bouquet. The girls can’t even see that it’s Dicle behind all the stuff she’s carrying. These are from Ferit Bey, Dicle says, he also said he’d be calling you soon. Seyro thanks Dicle.

    Suna smiles and gives Seyran a nudge. Ah, the spoiled bride. Seyran replies, this is Ferit’s way of saying sorry, but it isn’t enough. As if you don’t like this, Suna says. Ferit calls. Suna advises, I’m not telling you do completely give in, just be a little nicer to him.

    Seyran answers—efendim. Ferit asks, did you get the flowers? Seyro: Yes. F: well? S: thanks. F: did you like the gifts? Meanwhile, Hattuc calls Suna and she steps away to take it. Seyran says she hasn’t opened anything yet and adds, maybe there will be something I like.

    Ferit goes into begging mode—Seyran, ya… please don’t be mad. What do you want, she asks, what more do you want? How about a thank you, he says. She notes she already thanked him but manages another lukewarm thanks. You’re welcome, he replies, I have to get back to work now. I’ll see you this evening. Ferit sends a kiss. End call. Seyran looks at the gifts and smiles.

    Suna finishes her call and heads back to the balcony. Seyran asks her about Hattuc’s call. Suna says she’s going shopping with Esme. Seyran says great, you can find something to wear for dinner. It will be fun to get some new clothes. The girls leave the balcony. They edited out that Seyran comes back to the balcony to collect her flowers and gifts. She’s smiling.

    Ifakat arrives at the company. The receptionist greets her right away and is ready to accompany her up. Ifakat says no need, she knows the way. The receptionist calls upstairs to announce her. Ifakat walks the hall and everyone stops, stands at attention and acknowledges her as she passes.
    Mehves is there to greet Ifakat and says she will let Halis know that she’s here. Ifakat replies, Mehves Hanim, there is no door here that I should wait behind. Mehves apologizes and Ifakat passes. Ifakat knocks and Halis says come in. It looks like we are having a big family meeting, he says.

    Ifakat greets Hattuc (formal), how are you, madam? Hattuc replies, I am doing well, my daughter. [lol, “my daughter”! She used the informal. That’s why Ifakat made that face. I think Halis enjoyed that tweak to Ifakat.] Kazim steps in—she’s fine. She is the source of power in our family. Whatever she wants, she keeps at it until she gets it. And how are you Ifakat Hanim? I’m doing well, too, she answers.

    Halis gets down to the issue at hand. Ifakat you mentioned something to Kazim this afternoon. Who is this new suitor? Perhaps I know the family. They’ve been interested for a while, Ifakat replies, but now they want to be more proactive. The family wanted the children to meet and have dinner before Ramadan, so I accepted the offer. The family is from Antep and they work in construction. The father is a contractor and his son is a civil engineer.

    ReplyDelete
  20. golden
    #74 part 5

    Kazim asks, what family from Antep? I might not know all the old families, but my aunt probably does. Ifakat says it’s the Ihsanli family. Saffet is the grandson of the Ihsanli. Hattuc and Halis look at each other. Seems like they know this family and it doesn’t sit well with them.

    Ifakat continues, I heard they were an important, respected family. They say when the name Ihsanli is mentioned, everything stops. Yep, Halis and Hattuc look like they have serious reservations. And we get the flashback to Antep and that meeting at the restaurant where guns were drawn and shots were fired.

    The flashback changes to young Hatice and Halis in a bedroom of a house (don’t know whose house). Halis was shot but it’s not serious. She asks him if he’s okay. He says he’s dealt with worse. This is nothing. However…

    She replies, don’t do anything, I’m begging you. Halis is furious—those who caused this will be punished tenfold! If I don’t make him vomit blood, then the name Halis Korhan will no longer be respected! The Ihsanli will be lucky to keep breathing! End flash.

    Ifakat has noticed that Halis has become distracted. She asks, are you okay? He regains his composure and answers that he’s fine. Just lost in thought for a moment, he replies, I suddenly found myself transported back in time. Kazim thinks. Hattuc looks alarmed. Halis says he remembers that family. Ifakat repeats that they are well respected family.

    Kazim says he knows about that family. They have many hotels in the hometown. So, my damat is a civil engineer? Look at that! Hattuc quickly cautions, don’t get ahead of yourself. He’s not your damat yet. I don’t want Suna having dinner with him alone. Ifakat says that’s not a problem, Ferit and Seyran can go with her. What do you think, Ağam?

    Halis answers, a well-known family from Antep. We can leave the past where it is—in the past. [This likely won’t be the case.] When you expect good things, bad things happen, and when you expect the worst, everything works out. Her aunt and her father will decide if it’s a good idea to meet this family. Then we’ll see what happens. Hattuc looks troubled.

    Kazim declares, may fate decide and may it be for the best. Who would have thought… a family from Antep that we’re meeting here in Istanbul. For now, we should respect the rules of this city. Allah is giving my daughter Suna an opportunity. We are truly blessed, Ağam. Hattuc shoots a look to Halis. Halis looks at Ifakat and answers, amen. [will this be a blessing or a curse?]

    Suna, Seyran, and Esme go shopping. Abidin has brought them to the mall. Suna looks at him sadly. Seyran and Esme are excited as they find items for Suna to try on. Suna claims she’s tired. She already has clothes. We’ve bought enough, she says, let’s go back. And just what we need—Zerrin enters the store and lurks nearby.

    Pelin unloads on Burak. I never know what my mother is going to do. I’m constantly on edge. You’re right, Burak replies, especially after what you just told me. It doesn’t sound good. I thought my aunt would have a more sensible plan. Pelin answers, she doesn’t understand she making everything worse. She’s going to make me lose Ferit [good grief!] Burak asks her, you still think you’re going to be with him? [can we second that?]

    ReplyDelete
  21. golden
    #74 part 6

    Pelo thinks Burak should stop with the advice. I took your advice last time and ended up with a psycho. Alright, he admits, but haven’t I apologized enough for that? Serter had never behaved like that. I was shocked. Whatever, Pelo answers, it’s not like I made things better. I’m to blame, too. If I’d just waited at home, sooner or later, Ferit would have come to me.

    Burak reminds Pelo that Ferit is married. It’s not like that, she replies, Ferit was forced to get married. The day will come when he gets tired of that marriage. If my mother doesn’t do anything crazy, I’m sure Ferit will come back to me. He’s just doing what he always does. If I give him his freedom, he’ll come back eventually. It’s because I don’t try to restrict him. I don’t judge him. I’ve loved him just the way he is. I’m sure he loves me, too.

    Burak tries to reason with Pelo. Listen to me, cousin. I want you to have a happy future. Please wake up. Your future isn’t with Ferit. He’ll never make you happy. I don’t want to be happy, Pelo replies, I want to be with Ferit. I’ll do whatever it takes to make that happen. If I have to wait here alone, that’s what I’ll do. If I have to take on my mother, I’ll do that too. But I won’t leave Ferit to that girl.

    Seyran and Esme hand the purchases over to Abidin to carry. Suna just looks sad. Esme apologizes to him for forcing him to follow them around while they shop. He says no worry, he wants to help. Seyran says they are going to get coffee and he can go rest in the car and not have to carry the bags around. [they could also buy him a coffee.] Abi and Suna exchange looks as the separate.

    Esme says to the girls, can I tell you something? I really like this guy (Abidin) very much. He is a real gentleman. Seyran agrees that Abi is a great person, one of a kind. Esme answers, mashallah. Suna smiles.

    The ladies enter the coffee shop. Esme notes Suna’s blue mood. Daughter, please stop sulking. If we were in Antep, would we be dancing with bells on? I don’t understand. The moment we got to this city, everything changed. I know, Suna replies, it’s just that this is quite sudden. Seyran laughs, sudden? Says the girl who’s been looking for a husband all her life.

    The ladies sit at a table. The harpy Zerrin approaches and greets them. Seyran returns the greeting. She flashes back to passing Zerrin when she arrived at the yali to speak to Gulgun. Zerrin asks Seyran if she’s available to talk. Seyran explains that Zerrin is a friend of Gulgun’s. I’ll speak to her while you order.

    Seyran walks away with Zerrin. Esme asks Suna, she’s a friend of Gulgun’s? Suna just shrugs.

    And we are out.

    ReplyDelete
  22. OT

    novelera, I've been following the Michigan bball players that were drafted. I watched some Summer League games. It looked more like travel team tryouts than NBA play. Even March Madness was more intense than this.

    Anyway, Yaxel Lendeborg had a good showing. Will he get playing time as a rookie? I know all about Draymond Green. I remember him from MSU, ugh. I might have to become a GSW fan.

    ReplyDelete