Welcome to Page 1 (Monday edition) of the Telemundo y Más page, issued twice a week: Mondays and Thursdays at 8:00 PM.
Here are the current telenovelas (all times are Eastern Daylight Time):
- Yali Capkini/Golden Boy
Welcome to Page 1 (Monday edition) of the Telemundo y Más page, issued twice a week: Mondays and Thursdays at 8:00 PM
Everyone is welcome to join in the conversation. Since discussions of all the novelas share the same page, please remember to put the name of the telenovela you're referring to at the top of your post, so readers can easily find the conversations they're looking for.
By common agreement, this group DOES NOT discuss previews, trailers, or any other plot information not found in a current or past episode of the current production. Spoilers WILL be removed by the admin. This includes reference to earlier productions of the story, and even the original novel. Thanks for your cooperation!
"SENOR"
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing the 10th & final season.
golden
ReplyDeleteThanks, Babachita, for another terrific recap. This dizi feels to me like one step forward and then two steps back. I didn't even have a 1% belief that Ferit would consummate his marriage with Seyran. This whole thing is maddening. Ferit has knocked himself out for quite a while now trying to seduce Seyran. And, when she's won over, he goes through the Zerrin fiasco and seems too disheartened to pick up on her signals.
I was also disgusted with the scene where Ferit continues to lie to his grandfather about everything being all right. I would have written another scene. Ferit tells Halis the truth. He and Pelin were an item, but he doesn't want that anymore. He loves his wife, and Zerrin is threatening him to divorce her.
I just can't with this Zerrin thing. Why can't Ferit just tell her to go fly a kite? He loves his wife, and he's not getting a divorce. It seems to me there's a Grand Canyon between the way Turkish people approach things and the way I do.
And the family's reception of the news about Fuat and Asuman wanting to adopt a child. Zero support. Well, a bit from Ferit and Seyran. Asuman is back to feeling miserable in this family.
golden
ReplyDeleteI agree, Novelera, that the Turkish attitudes are confusing. Some of it is just these characters, too. Ferit often makes me laugh and it’s fun watching him try to fix things for his friends. But, he basically still can’t quite cut the cord with Pelin. Now that her mother is involved, it’s really a mess. That woman is really forceful!!!
I was sad for Seyran that her night didn’t work. But it’s probably too early as this tale is a long one!
Babachita
golden
ReplyDeleteDo you think Halis knows Ferit is lying, Novelera? I do. He seems to know everything!!!
We have adopted members in our family and the cold reception to that idea bothered me. However, it’s not an unusual outlook. :(
Babachita
golden
ReplyDeleteYes! Babachita, I also felt Halis knew Ferit wasn't being straight with him. He was somewhat insistent in trying to find out why Ferit was troubled.
"SENOR"
ReplyDeleteKat in SC, Liz, Novelera, Babachita, Halimacandy & Co: Did they just kill off Ismael? 😲
Upcoming Turkish series on Telemundo:
ReplyDeleteLejos de Ti season 2 premieres on Tuesday July 14th at 10pm/9c
Ada Masalı (Island Tale) is scheduled to premiere on Monday July 20/Tuesday July 21 at 12:30am/11:30c with the title Eres mi luz.
golden
ReplyDeleteThanks for the recap of 71, Babachita. Well done as usual. No edits to this episode.
Yes, Kazım Şanlı with an “Ş”. lol, what a jerk.
Ferit probably made another mistake in not telling grandpa about Zerrin’s threats. Halis was fishing for more info from Ferit. He’d have to be blind not to notice Ferit was upset, especially after the good news about Fuat and Asu. Maybe Halis is concerned because of the Nukhet revelation as well. So Zerrin’s got dirt on Halis. Zerrin will cause a scandal and we know how scandal averse the Korhan’s are.
Wow, Seyran is sick at the thought of losing her virginity to her husband. When he came home, Ferit was still upset over what happened on vacation and add Zerrin on to that. Wonder what would have happened if Seyran said no divorce, and let him know she was “ready”? I think Ferit would have immediately canceled dinner with the family.
"[I love seeing some Istanbul cats walking behind them.]" Ditto! Those cats also had a speaking part: "miyav"!
I can recap #72, I just don’t know how soon.
señor 10
ReplyDeleteHi Steve, I only saw the first half of this last night. I'll watch the rest tonight.
I bet that Ismael is not dead. Maybe they killed a body double. Anyway, this is going to be bloody. Glad Felina is back. I wish they'd bring back Monica for the final season.
Telemundo
ReplyDeleteLejos returns. I plan to continue watching. What should we do about recapping? We still have Golden, and Babachita and I are also doing KPA on the weekends. Suggestions?
I've seen Ada Masalı. It's a summer series, aka rom-com with dramatic elements. Only 25 Turkish episodes. It started off interesting but lost it's way in the last several eps. Suna from Golden is in it. I can't give it a hearty recommend but if you want to try a summer series, go ahead.
Then there's Can Yaman in El Turco. To me, Yaman is the king of Turkish rom-coms. I was curious to see this because it was a departure from his usual roles, so I started this when it was first released. I wasn't impressed so I didn't continue. But if you like beefcake, who cares about the script? Can Yaman is your guy! I might watch the rest of it now, since it's on Telemundo.
Lejos
ReplyDeleteI can help with recapping. Hopefully I will remember to watch next Tuesday. Otherwise hopefully I catch online Wednesday afternoon.
Turco
ReplyDeleteI watched last night and it was good enough for now. Just seeing Can Yaman is a treat! It seemed rushed, as if there had been previous episodes that explained the back story, but maybe it's a fast out of the gate novela.
I hope there's more to it than gory violence. Brutal times, those days
Beth S
"SENOR"
ReplyDeleteDondi356: You're doing the recap of this evening's episode? 🤔
lejos
ReplyDeleteI am enjoying doing stories that have already aired and are available online so it’s not a rushed overnight job! (KPA and Golden). But, I do like Lejos. So, I could probably do one a week. After KPA finishes, it will be easier.
Babachita
"SENOR"
ReplyDeleteHowdy from the Alamo City CarayCaray Family. Here's my super-short recap of last night's episode.
*OMG Crazy Lucy is back. Diana should've finished the job last season.
*Cifuentes shoots Ruti multiple times. Of course, Aurelio runs to find her & has Vitaminas driving her to the hospital.
*Aurelio threatens to OJ one of the surgeons.
*Former President Gomez Labrador meets with Cifuentes to discuss taking down all of the Casillas family.
*Another person portraying Isidro? 🤔
*Isturiz, Diana, Isidro & Co., arrive to see Ismael's casket. We see Skinny picking up the gun & telling Aurelio to shoot him 🤔
Lejos
ReplyDeleteWouldn't you know the novela I bailed on early is doing a second season! I'll continue watching the second season of golden with the not so great English interpretations I guess.
golden
ReplyDeleteKat, I think we will continue doing Golden after the TM ending. Just fyi. Have to get there first. It will be with the not so great captions I’m thinking. Any chance you could catch up with Lejos and watch with us and then do golden with us when we start next season?
Just suggesting! We are always glad when you are able to join us!
Babachita
Babachita, if Lejos was the rather violent one with the Dr from Canada and her son I'm not sure it interests me. I only watched a few weeks of it and I'm pretty sure I deleted it from my library so I would have to find it elsewhere.
ReplyDeletelejos
ReplyDeleteI will recap next week, probably Wednesday. I'd prefer not to recap the first episode. I saved the finale in February on my DVR and will probably watch it again prior to seeing Tuesday's premiere of Season 2.
lejos
ReplyDeleteYes, Kat, there was violence in Lejos. I usually don’t like violent shows, but I got really into this dizi. I think it’s on Peacock. The culture in that part of Turkiye is quite different from Istanbul. I really like the male lead.
Did your Spectrum get fixed?
Babachita
Yes, got it back Monday evening. I'm catching up on the Univision TN's after out mini vacation, not vacation (as I spent most of my time cutting brush and got a nice case of poison ivy for my troubles).
Deletelejos
ReplyDeleteI’d like to do next Friday’s episode. I’m not able to do the first one.
Babachita