Welcome to page 2 of Daytime TNs! This page is to give those who are watching daytime TNs on any channel a place to discuss the TNs aired prior to 7Pm. If you would like to contribute a recap of just some highlights for a daytime TN, I’m sure there are those who watch the same TNs that would appreciate it.
11-1:00 PM: Carita de Angel (Unimas)
11:30-12:00 PM Reina de Corazones (Telemundo)
1-2:00 PM: La Duena
2-3:00 PM: La Mentira
3-4:00 PM: Que Bonito Amor
4-5:00 PM: La Herencia, un legado de Amor
5-6:00 PM: Nuevo Rico, Nuevo Pobre
Kara Para Ask - YouTube
kpa
ReplyDeleteFinal Weekend Schedule
Episodes 162-164
Friday Episode 162 Babachita
Saturday Episode 163 Dondi
Sunday Episodes 164 Darcy
Babachita
I accidentally posted this Monday instead of scheduling for Thursday but since we already have comments I'll leave it instead of deleting it.
ReplyDeleteDarcy, you can delete it and I’ll repost if you like. Either way!
DeleteBabachita
kpa
ReplyDeleteThank you everyone for your comments on #160. And thank you, Darcy for your wonderful recap of #161!
When I realized my weekend assignment (#160), I said out loud, “oh no”. This ep will always stick with me, too, Babachita. I was stunned after watching it the first time. I feel the same way even after multiple viewings.
Until then, I think Omer had an idealized idea of police work. His eyes were opened.
Yes, Darcy, I also wondered if that was the end of Tayyar. He seemed indestructible. Fatih inherited that trait from dad. Remember his escapades immediately after the kidney transplant? Lol. Turns out the only one with enough power to eliminate Tayyar was Tayyar himself!
Elif’s misgivings about Omer’s profession kicked in after he was shot. She should take Asli’s advice. How can she give up now?
Arda lacks a romance gene. And this is his second marriage so it’s less of a big deal for him I guess. Come on, Arda, do it for Pelo!
Engin looked quite handsome in this episode. He looks good in black.
kpa
ReplyDeleteKara Para Ask – Black Money Love – Amor de contraband – Amor y dinero negro
Episode 162 #1 of 8
At Arda and Pelin’s wedding Nilufer and Asli are talking, but Nilufer says she feels ill and will need to leave. She gives Asli her gift to give the couple. Elif walks by dressed elegantly in what is almost a dress. She talks with Elvan and family. Arda is fussing to Pelin that they seem to be kissing everyone except each other. Tolga comes up and tells Arda that the marriage judge is waiting and that he’s in a hurry. Arda says to let him wait. Then Arda asks Pelin how he can get married without his best friend. Tolga tells him that the judge has to leave for another ceremony and can’t wait. Arda says he still has to wait for Omer. Elif joins them and asks if everything is OK. Arda speaks up that Omer hasn’t arrived and the judge needs to leave. Fortunately, just then, Omer walks in, not dressed for a wedding. Elif says she will speak with him, but he probably should get another witness. Omer comes up and says he’s there. The couple asks where he was. He tells them something came up (understatement of the year) and he was delayed. Arda looks him in the eye and says this wasn’t just any meeting. What happened? Omer jokes that if he’s also a policeman, surely he’s also been late. Tolga tells them to have a seat, and he will start the music.
Omer tells Elif she is beautiful. He asks why she doesn’t greet him. She somewhat frostily asks him how he is. Then we hear wedding music. They are seated at the table, and the judge begins the ceremony. As they are signing the book, Omer reminds Pelin to step on Arda’s foot, which she does. Elif and Omer laugh, but Elif looks somewhat subdued.
In the prison, we see Husseyn talking to Fatih: You know what hurts me the most? I really thought they would come to my sentencing. But who would come to see a wretch like me? No one who carries my blood will be proud of it. I looked into the judge’s eyes, and I told myself that I deserve all this. It’s not my turn to die, it’s my turn to suffer day by day. Every hour, forever, every minute, every second, for all the rest of my life.
Fatih: You are way too sensitive, don’t think that way. If you do, you’ll end up on a path of no return towards madness.
Husseyn: He said it so lightly, life imprisonment, I’m going to see these four walls for the rest of my life. How, how?
Fatih: What do I know?
Husseyn: What don’t you know? Tomorrow it’s your turn to be convicted. All we can do is entrust ourselves to Allah and ask for strength.
Fatih: It’s not in my plans to spend life inside these walls. I must meet my son and I must raise him. So, I need you to help me. I need you.
Husseyn looks around: What are you saying? Are you crazy? All your men fled. Stop thinking stupid things, worry more about getting out of the bathroom alive every time you go.
Fatih: Let’s do this together. If you help me, we’ll manage to escape. Help me. Let’s get out of here.
Back at the wedding, the couples are dancing. Elif is looking intently at Omer.
Omer: Every time you look at me like that, I melt and then I’m reborn. You know why? When your eyes touch mine, you captivate me.
Elif: It seems like an exaggeration, Captain. Your actions don’t show it.
Omer: Look, what a shame. I thought you were smiling at me, but I was wrong. Hey, let’s set a date tomorrow. Let’s get married before the month ends.
Elif looks at him seriously and then walks away. Omer, realizing something is wrong, looks after her briefly before following her. She walks out on the porch of the hotel, with Omer running to catch her.
Babachita
kpa
ReplyDeleteEpisode 162 #2 of 8
Omer: Elif? What’s wrong?
Elif: I asked you to do something for me, just one thing, Omer. But you don’t even care to tell me what you think. You act like we’ve never talked about it. Even worse, you just avoid the subject.
Omer: It’s not the time to talk about it.
Elif: And when is the time? Answer me. I think it’s now.
Omer: Elif, I promise we’ll talk about it.
Elif: So, let’s talk about it now. We don’t have to keep waiting. Have you thought about it? Will you quit your job?
Omer sighs: Today I received a very clear sign that reminded me why I chose this profession.
Elif snaps her fingers: You remembered why you like being a police officer, but you forgot about us, right?
Omer: Elif, you don’t understand. Do you realize you’re asking me for something I can’t do? I can’t give up my calling. We fell in love this way, and now you’re asking me to give up my essence? I’m not going to do it.
Elif: I wouldn’t care if you were a…I don’t know. Anything but a policeman. Why do you have to keep being one? There are so many options in the world. I know I’m asking you for something very difficult, but as long as you’re a policeman, we’ll never be happy.
Omer looks at her, impactado.
Elif: Every time you’re frustrated about something work-related, something changes in you. And I’m the one who has to endure it. Omer, one day you’re going to stop being the man I love. I want to leave behind every one of our problems, for all the suffering to be in the past, to start over without fear. Omer, you and I could be happy.
Omer: We finally have worked everything out, and it turns out that my profession is the problem. Now, because of me, I have to pay the price. Why should I leave the profession I love and value?
Elif: Omer, don’t do this, please.
Omer: You don’t do this! You’re being impulsive and controlling. You want to have the last word. You said something, and you want me to obey you? What am I supposed to do now? What are your plans for me? What the hell do you want me to work as? Because you already have everything, right? Your job, you company, your profession.
Elif: I…
Omer: You, Elif, you what? Would you give up your profession? Would you leave the house to your sister? Would you leave your job? I don’t think so.
Elif: You’ve never asked me. So how do you know?
Omer: I’m asking you now. Would you stop designing and leave everything you’ve achieved to your sister? Of course not.
Elif is speechless.
Demet comes running up: Uncle Omer. You’re needed. Where have you been? Come quick.
Omer: OK, I’m coming.
Demet: Elif, you come quick, too.
Elif stands still, stunned, and Omer follows Demet.
Elif is thinking hard and then follows.
Inside, they are cutting the cake. Omer walks in and looks back to see if Elif is following. Arda and Pelin call him over. Omer smiles, claps, and joins the festivities.
Elif walks in and sees Omer being his usual funny, charismatic self, teasing the waiter, and working with his police “family” to cut the cake. His antics even made me smile!
Elif misses none of this and is thinking very seriously.
Babachita
kpa
ReplyDeleteEpisode 162 #3 of 8
Back at the prison, Husseyn is washing his face and Fatih enters the bathroom.
Fatih: You were on the street, and everything you had was taken from you, everything you had. But you can start over. What do you say?
Husseyn: Sure, let’s do it. Let’s open and shop and sell watermelons. We work in the summer and rest in the winter.
Fatih: Listen, Grandpa, you won’t be able to see your children ever again, but my son will need a grandpa. Isn’t that better than rotting in jail?
Husseyn: You’re dreaming big, Fatih, you’re letting your emotions get the better of you, but you know it’s impossible. I’m not going with you, if you decide to go. Don’t count on me. My destiny is to die inside, period. I’ve had enough. Seriously, I’m going to spend the rest of my life inside. I’m tired of running away, rookie. This is what I deserve, this is what I sowed.
Fatih: OK, then don’t come. But I will go with my mother, with Nilufer. We’ll start a new life.
He leaves Husseyn to look at himself in the mirror and reflect. [Sorry, couldn’t resist the pun!]
Back at the wedding reception, Omer is still life of the party, but he’s looking for Elif. Pelin says she hasn’t seen her. He tells Arda he needs to go look for Elif and asks Elvan if she knows where she is. Elvan and Tolga haven’t seen her. He tries calling her and gets the message that the phone is unavailable.
Now Omer is getting a bad feeling, remembering their recent conversation. He’s also thinking of Elif saying: Love is a very powerful feeling, it fades quickly. Nobody can control it. Because love flies free, it has no borders, and there are no words to describe it. They say that love needs closeness, so it doesn’t slowly weaken, but I believe that if two hearts are meant for each other, love becomes eternal. When they embrace, it’s infinite. Love can carry the weight of the world on its shoulders, but if you turn your back on the one you love, suddenly everything crumbles. One of the greatest tests we must face is leaving, living without love. I’m one step from facing that. Omer, you are the poison and the antidote. Please stop me. Don’t let me go. If you do, I won’t look back.
[I have to admit I don’t remember when she said this. It could have been during the recent argument at the reception or from the past. They have had serious challenges in the past. I’m sure I would have remembered the poison and antidote phrase.]
While revisiting this speech from Elif in his mind, Omer turns round and round, looking for her and remembering. His face becomes more and more serious as he realizes what has happened.
Omer: Elif, where are you?
He goes out to the hotel patio. He asks someone if he remembers her.
FLASHBACK to Elif’s story after they argue on the hotel patio:
Omer: Would you stop designing and everything you’ve achieved? Would you leave that to your sister? Of course not.
Demet comes to bring him back to the reception. He follows Demet, but Elif follows more slowly. She watches him interact with his friends for a while and then turns and walks out. Asli notices and follows. Elif gets into a taxi which drives off just as Asli gets to the patio. Asli takes another cab and follows. She gets to the pink house and finds Elif packing a bag.
Asli: What are you doing? What’s going on? Why are you packing? Did you break up with Columbo?
Elif: I don’t know. Something happened between us. All I know is I can’t go on like this. I can’t. I really can’t. I can’t keep seeing him.
Asli: What are you talking about?
Elif: I need to leave for a while.
Babachita
kpa
ReplyDeleteEpisode 162 #4 of 8
Asli: Why are you running away?
Asli follows her out the door.
Asli: Elif, we can work this out together. Please don’t go. Don’t be so stubborn. You’ll regret everything you’re doing. Think it over.
Elif: That’s all I’ve done these past days to try and understand. It’s all over. It’s better if I go.
Elif takes a long look at the pink house and then gets in her car. She drives off, as Asli tries to get her to stop.
Omer drives up after she has left. He looks and sees that most lights aren’t on. Inside, he sees that she has packed a suitcase with clothes and has left.
Omer: But what did you do? What did you do, Elif?
He holds his hands to his head. He wanders into the dining room and finally sees a note.
Elif writes (we hear her voice): Omer, my love, I’m asking you for something you can never do for me. I’m sorry if I hurt you, but I need to end this burden. I can’t live feeling every second that I’m going to lose you. That terrifies me. I know it’s your job, and I also know that you love it, you love life just the way it is. And even though it hurts to tell you, I don’t want to share a life like this with you. I have that freedom. Because love should make us happy. Love is a foundation for two people to build a world on, but you and I couldn’t do it, that’s why I’m leaving. I never wanted you to give up who you are; I couldn’t ask you for that, but I was willing to give up everything around me. Saying goodbye is hard, heartbreaking, but I have to do it. You’ll be in the place where I treasure my most beautiful memories. Take care, my love.
Omer finishes reading the letter and looks about the room in shock.
He calls Asli. He asks where she is and she replies she’s on the beach near the house.
Omer: You already know what happened, right?
Asli: Yes.
Omer: Why didn’t you tell me before the she was thinking of leaving?
Asli: I tried to stop her, but she didn’t listen to me.
Omer tells her he will be right there and walks out of the pink house.
Asli walks up to him along the water.
Omer: Where is Elif?
Asli: I don’t know, Omer.
Omer: Are you sure she didn’t tell you where she was going? I swear she didn’t want to tell me anything. She just said she’d call me later. I don’t think even she knew what she was going to do.
Omer: And what did she tell you?
Asli: She said she couldn’t go on like this anymore. Believe me, I tried to talk to her, but she didn’t want to listen, and then she left.
Omer: Yes, it’s that easy. She just left. That’s all. She abandoned me.
Asli: You know very well it wasn’t easy. You are being unfair to my sister.
Omer: She’s being unfair to me. She’s being unfair. How could she do something like this to me? How could she abandon me? She left me and didn’t even say a single word.
Asli: You’re being very selfish, thinking only of yourself because you don’t want to be alone, Omer. She left you because you hurt her.
Omer is stunned.
Later we see him walking alone.
Babachita
kpa
ReplyDeleteEpisode 162 #5 of 8
FLASHBACK:
This may have been before she was going to spend some time in prison.
He recalls telling Elif: You are wonderful. Don’t forget me.
He recalls her answer: You are my hope.
Omer: I love you so much. Engrave that in your heart. I already did. Don’t get tired my love. Everything is going to be alright.
Elif: I don’t care if I die in your arms.
Omer: You won’t be able to escape, my lady. We’re going to travel together. We’ll have children together.
Elif: I love you.
Omer is still sitting beside the water many hours later. He is thinking hard.
MORE FLASHBACK:
Omer: Love is mutual trust. You can’t give up the fight to achieve the impossible. Love is to resist. If necessary, it will fight against yourself. You have to understand love and accept it. It’s not an “I”, it’s a “we.”
He walks along the water.
Elif is also having some memories:
FLASHBACK:
Omer: Love is giving yourself no matter what. I’d rather be unhappy by your side than far from you. If you leave, your eyes won’t see mine, Signorina. If you leave, you can’t take my love with you. You’ll feel incomplete. Every decision is a surrender.
We see Elif round a corner and then drive toward an attractive village separated from the mainland by a bridge. There is a mosque and many little houses topped with red tile. It looks like a place that tourists would enjoy, like similar towns on the coast of Greece and Italy. She pulls up at a light green house with white trim. As she starts to walk in, she collides with a man. They apologize to each other. She asks if he knows where the owner of the hostel is. He tells her he is the owner and welcomes her.
Landlord (LL): What can I do for you?
She tells him she’d like to rent a room. He tells her they have lots of rooms. She can go in and look at them and let him know which she likes.
LL: I imagine you’re another one of those people who left the city behind, just like me. This place will make you feel very good. I say this from experience. Come in.
Back in Istanbul, at the pink house.
Pelin: We checked the security cameras. We saw her car leaving the city.
Arda: We informed customs; they’ll tell us if she’s in Rome or another country.
Pelin: I think we should call all the hotels near Istanbul. Maybe she’ll be there. Back in a couple of days.
Omer is making tea.
Omer, bitterly: No need to bother the lady, let her enjoy.
Pelin: Omer, are you sure?
Arda: Then you aren’t going to go looking for her?
Omer: No. She made a decision, a decision that I’m not a part of. She left me alone, left me like nothing happened, without saying a single word. I’m not going to look for her; I won’t go after her either. You guys, neither. Let her live her own life if she wants.
Pelin: Omer, you’re angry, we know your pride is badly hurt, but you will regret not going to look for her.
Babachita
kpa
ReplyDeleteEpisode 162 #6 of 8
Arda: Omer, listen, Pelin is right. You’re going to regret it. When you decide to go looking for her, maybe it will be too late. I mean, what if she lets someone into her life and her heart?
Omer stares at Arda and then laughs out of frustration: That means I’m right. It was a fairy tale, and I’m the only one who believed it.
THREE MONTHS LATER
I’m thinking that a lot can happen in three months!
Omer is on a police maneuver, running with a drawn pistol near an old building. He nods to backup of several policemen. Inside the building we see henchies cataloguing jewelry. They have a briefcase full of money.
Suddenly the door opens and Omer yells: Don’t move, down, down. Now!
They capture the henchies. Omer asks one where Rivki is. He says he has no idea.
Omer: Always the same story. No, you’re going to talk, you fool. (To his guys) Go through everything. Search the whole place.
Under that big, tall bridge we sometimes see in dizis, Rifki is asking who Omer Demir is. Now that Tayyar is gone, it’s my turn. We have to finish him off. We’ll kill him first.
Henchie: Mr. Rifki, Omer will receive an award tomorrow. We should kill him in front of thousands of police officers. We’ll teach them a good lesson.
Rifki laughs. He likes that idea. He praises the henchie who brought it up. He tells him he has to kill Omer himself. The henchie nods.
At the prison, Fatih and Husseyn are meeting in a small room.
Husseyn: You really are amazing. You made the warden believe that Neco is a lawyer. You’re the master.
Fatih: Listen, my only way out of here is Neco. It’s all arranged with the guards. It’s a great plan. My mom sold her house.
Husseyn: Come on, rookie, we already talked about this. I’ll stay here. I came only because Neco wanted to see me.
Fatih, holding an ultrasound photo: I have to do it for my son. He won’t grow up waiting for his father to get out of jail.
Husseyn: Show me. (He looks at the photo.) He’s grown a lot. Thanks to you, I know something more about babies. Look at his face, he looks like you, but you’re uglier.
Fatih: I already told you, you know I’m going to do it.
The door opens and Neco is shown in, telling the guard he can manage them alone.
Husseyn: Where have you been? We’ve been waiting for a while.
Neco: The lawyer Neco is very busy these days. A pair of shoes for the guard and money for the warden. I had to talk to forty people before coming.
Fatih: I hope your plan doesn’t fail. So, it will be tonight.
Neco nods: Yes. You will leave tonight, with Allah’s help. But I want to warn you that Rifki, Tayyar’s second-in-command, is now in charge. When Tayyar died, he immediately became the new boss. He’s doing his own thing. There are some people who respect Tayyar, and he wants to win their favor by taking revenge.
Husseyn: We helped the police, and so Fatih and I are at the top of the list.
Neco: That’s right. Omer Dundar and you two are at the top of the list. He’s planning to kill you in jail after he kills Omer.
Fatih: Don’t worry, we will leave. You won’t find us.
He turns to Husseyn: Now what do you say?
Babachita
kpa
ReplyDeleteEpisode 162 # 7 of 8
Husseyn: Why does he want to kill Omer first? Do you know anything about that?
Neco: Omer will receive an award tomorrow for trapping you and all of Tayyar’s men. They say he will try to kill Omer.
Husseyn finally looks ready to go with Fatih.
The sign at the police station says: Captain-in-Chief Omer Demir.
Omer walks in the room: Good morning, comrades.
Top Cop comes in: Captain-in-Chief Omer put Rifki’s men in jail and completely ruined his business. Tomorrow he will receive an award.
Omer: Sir, I don’t deserve that award because I haven’t arrested Rifki.
Top Cop: Sooner or later you will, Omer. You have worked hard day and night for months. You deserve much more than an award.
He probably refers to some time off. Omer laughs.
One of Omer’s men is ready to leave and wishes him a good evening. Top Cop comes in and asks Omer if he isn’t leaving yet.
Omer: No, Sir, Rifki keeps saying he’s going to get revenge. I’m finding out more about him by reading his statements.
Top Cop: You need protection. [Actually, they used the word that the AI censors don’t like here: es*ort. I find that funny, because when we use that word, which is a perfectly good word, our entries disappear within minutes!] We should call Captains Arda and Pelin in case they set a trap for you.
Omer smiles at this: Oh, sir, a lot of people have threatened me so far, and well, here I am. Don’t worry, a barking dog doesn’t bite.
Top Cop: Good luck!
Omer’s phone rings.
Melike: Omer, remember that tonight they’re going to ask for Demet’s hand in marriage, so don’t be late.
Omer: Yes, I’m leaving right now.
At the cottage by the sea, we see Elif inside by a window overlooking the sea. She is designing and making jewelry again. It looks like she’s been doing some painting as well, as there are some canvases. In walks her landlord (LL) with an offering. It looks like food.
LL: You made me feel sorry for you, and I’m a good person. So, I’m going to share half of my “money” with you. (That is what the captions say, but it looks more like he’s going to share his meal with her.)
Elif: I don’t know why you bother. I’m not hungry.
LL: Elif, you don’t eat anything. You look thinner every day. I’m going to force you to eat this.
Elif: Don’t worry, I’ll eat when I’m hungry.
LL: But you’re not eating anything. At least have some of this smoothie. I made it with lots of love for you. And like I said, with my own hands. I used the fruit from the neighbor’s garden.
Elif finally relents and takes the smoothie and drinks.
LL then shows her some borek. He tells her the borek is crying and saying: Elif, why won’t you eat me, please?
Elif finally takes a bite of the borek.
LL tells her he hopes she’ll take another bite.
Elif: You can’t take no for an answer, can you?
LL: That’s because you have before you the best salesman in the world. No one can resist my charms. [Uh oh! Hurry up, Omer!]
Babachita
kpa
ReplyDeleteEpisode 162 #8 of 8
A man calls from outside. LL tells Kutlu he’ll be right there.
LL: Have you finished with the orders?
Elif: Of course.
LL: Elif, people simply fall in love with your artwork. People bought all the accessories you sent to Istanbul. We’ve received new requests. That means I’ll send this box to Istanbul again.
Elif stops him: No, I said no. We already talked about this. Besides, last time it was the same thing. I want them sold in small towns to tourists, please.
LL: Elif, with Istanbul, you can earn more. You can barely make ends meet.
Elif: I don’t need more money. I’m fine like this. I know that you care for me, but I don’t want to.
LL: OK, do what you want. You’re in charge.
Elif: Maybe Kutlu wants some borek.
LL: He won’t. Bye Elif!
End of Episode 162
Babachita
KPA
ReplyDeleteThanks Babachita!!! Fantastic!
Only 2 more episodes, I'm both excited to finish and sad to see it end.
I can't believe Elif has been gone for three months! And all of a sudden Tayyar has a second in command who we never heard of for 160 episodes?? Unless this is who Nedret was talking to when Tayyar was in jail.
Will Fatih escape? Will Huso go with him? I can't wait to find out!
kpa
ReplyDeleteYou’re welcome!
I’m happy/sad too about reaching the end. What a great dizi! The chemistry of Elmer is so real!
Lots more to find out in just two episodes!!!
Babachita
kpa
ReplyDeleteThanks, Babachita! You had an upsetting episode to cover and handled it so well. I can't believe we are at the end I echo yours and Darcy's sentiments mixed feelings about reaching the end.
I was really annoyed with Elif's selfishness in this ep. She chooses to do this in the middle of Pelo and Arda's wedding. It's their day and she's supposed to be supporting them. Omer at least tried to do the right thing. He wanted to talk. We don't know if they would have solved it that night but they owed it to each other after everything that happened. Omer was so crushed.
kpa
ReplyDelete#163 part 1
Sneaky Ege [pansiyon owner] tells Kutlu to take Elif’s creations to Istanbul, against Elif’s wishes.
Omer rushes to a jewelry store that’s about to close. He tells the owner someone is asking for his niece’s hand tonight and he needs a gift. The owner obliges. Omer says his niece likes simple things, maybe a bracelet or necklace. Omer looks in the display case. Something catches his eye, an elaborate necklace. We saw Elif sketching this in a previous episode. This must be hers. We get a brief flashback. Omer is packing up things that Elif left behind. He finds a sketch. It’s the necklace. Omer sadly studies it. end flash.
The jeweler notices Omer staring at Elif’s necklace. He takes it out of the case. Ah, it seems you like this one. It’s handmade. Your niece will be the only one wearing a necklace like this. Omer touches the necklace then suddenly puts it down—I don’t want it. He chooses something else. But Elif’s necklace makes him very uneasy.
Elif sits out on the patio of her house, listening to music on her headphones. She looks up at the night sky. We see that Omer is in his yard, looking up at the same night sky. Both look wistful.
We hear Omer’s inner voice. Who left? Who stayed? Is the one who leaves the guilty one? When do separations begin? When do friendships end? Each passing day takes another piece of us. Nothing remained the same for us, we ourselves changed it.
Elif’s inner voice: it had unraveled spontaneously. Our hands were separated, our hearts divided. One of us had to make a decision. Who left? Who stayed? Actually, it’s not the one who leaves, but the one who stays that abandons, and that’s why the one who leaves has left. When do separations begin? When do friendships end?
Omer comes inside and gives Demet a kiss. He tells her she looks beautiful and gives her the bracelet he bought. The doorbell tweets. Melike opens the door and it’s her “nemesis” Asli. She looks surprised. I don’t know why, Mert really doesn’t have anyone else. [what do you think of Asli’s new hairstyle?] Asli says good evening as she pushes her way inside. Mert follows.
Omer is affected by Asli’s arrival. Elvan manages to welcome her. Asli greets Demet—you look very beautiful. She hands her the chocolates. Mert gives Demet a beautiful bouquet. Ha, ha, very tall Mert knocks into the hanging chandelier.
Everyone sits and it’s a bit awkward. Elvan tells Asli, the last time I saw you we were at the house packing things, I’m glad everything is okay. Yes, Asli replies, thank God, since then my sisters and I are doing very well. So, how are you Colombo? How’s work going? I’m very curious, are you happy with your work? I’m fine, Omer answers, everything is as you expect. Mert speaks up, I think to address some of the awkwardness. Since I don’t have any family, I came with Asli, who’s like a sister to me. Melike asks Demet to come to the kitchen with her to make the coffee.
Melike scolds Demet, why didn’t you tell me Asli was coming? Demet says she didn’t know. Melike says this will be very tense. Demet says if she knew she would have told Mert not to bring her. Melike says this reminds Omer of what he had tried to forget for months. Demet asks, what will we do? Melike replies, we’ll sit and pray tonight ends as soon as possible.
Omer asks Mert how he’s been doing. Fine thanks, Mert answers, I just graduated. My workload has increased, I just got a promotion. Omer says he heard and congratulates him. There’s another awkward silence before Mert says, I’m sorry, Omer, I was going to come visit you earlier, but first I wanted to leave my past behind and everything that happened to you and your family.
kpa
ReplyDelete#163 part 2
Mert searches his pocket and hands something to Omer. It’s his updated ID. The court case took a while, he says, I’m not in the past anymore. I carry my mother’s father’s last name and I’m very proud of it. Now there’s nothing in my life that remains of Dundar. Demet and Melike smile. Mert admits, it was very hard starting from scratch. I had nothing, not even hope. I thought I couldn’t do it, but love opened a path for me. He looks at Demet—being with you has given me strength.
Omer thinks back to Arda and Pelo’s wedding when he had that final argument with Elif.
Mert continues, I’ve already talked too much. But building a life from scratch, creating a past from scratch, was very difficult. I made some progress thanks to Asli. Asli doesn’t accept the credit. It wasn’t thanks to me, it was thanks to Elif. My sister is a person who beautifies everything she touches. She touched and beautified Mert’s life too. And you were so brave, Mert. Elif is truly an angel, Elvan says, we all miss her so much. Omer looks sad. Asli rolls her eyes.
I want Demet to finish university, Mert says, if you think we shouldn’t get married now, we can wait. But I do want to get engaged if you’ll allow. Asli gives Mert a tap. What are you doing? Why did you bring me? I’ll ask for permission first, please. Melike steps in—what if we have coffee first?
Asli says they’ll have the coffee later. The reason for our visit is clear. We ask for your daughter Demet for our son Mert, with the command of Allah and the word of the Prophet. Omer turns to Demet—what do you say? What should I say, she answers, whatever you say is appropriate, Amca. Omer replies, well, you see the young ones have made their decisions, it’s up to us to say yes. Get up, damat!
Omer puts his hand on Mert’s shoulder. Whatever you want to do, however you want to do it, I will always be behind you. But I have one condition, Demet must finish school. Of course, Mert replies, we will bring you Demet’s Architecture diploma. Omer signals it’s time to kiss hands, etc.
The prison break is underway. A guard peeks into the cell in the middle of the night. Fatih taps Huseyin. Let’s go.
The engagement ceremony starts. The rings connect with a red ribbon are on. Omer takes the scissors. Mert said something very valuable today. Sometimes a man has to start all over again to be with the one he loves, and you did it together. I’m both envious and so proud. Omer puts his arm around Elvan—as mother would say, may no stone touch your feet, may you look at each other like this until the end of your lives. Amen. Omer snips the ribbon. Applause. Mert kisses Demet’s forehead. Hasan comments to little Burhan. Who is this? Why is he doing this? Burhan answers, should we beat him up together? Omer flashes back to his engagement ceremony with Elif and smiles at the memory.
Asli has advice for Demet. She gives a side glance to Omer. I’ll tell you something now. Your family has a habit of giving up. Don’t follow your genes, okay. Because this man will do anything for you. Poor Omer squirms.
The guard leads the rookie and grandpa through the halls and unlocks a room. Your things are inside. Get ready and wait here. I’ll come back to pick you up.
Asli and Mert leave the Demirs. She complains about the steps, and he carefully guides her down. Burhan says, I’ll throw a stone so they don’t come back. Hasan says they won’t realize it was us. We’ll get them when they come again. Omer gathers the boys around the shoulders. What are you up to, you jackals? No stones! He grabs them—go inside! Come! Melike tells them to put on PJs and go straight to bed.
kpa
ReplyDelete#163 part 3
Demet thanks Omer. I’m so happy, she says, I promise I’ll finish school. You’ll be proud of me. I’m already proud, Omer replies and he gives her a hug. She answers, I hope you and Elif will be even happier than we are. I hope you’ll get together again. Omer says, Elif won’t be with me. Melike calls Demet inside. The boys want to tell her something.
Melike takes this chance to speak with Omer alone. She sees how sad he is. She starts, I’m your older sister, right? Omer says yes. You grew up in my hands, she says. Omer laughs, yes, yenge, but what’s happening? She replies, what’s happening? You don’t realize it but you’re dead. For months, you’ve been a ghost going to and from work to home. You think you decided not to go after Elif, but you went with Elif. You went just now, I know. While you were looking at Demet and Mert, all you could think about was Elif.
Omer tries to reply but Melike continues, Omer you can’t escape me. You’ll listen since I’m your sister. You were afraid to start a new life, but Elif wasn’t afraid. She created a life out of nothing and look, she’s not coming back. You’re missing both her and your chance to be happy. For what? Why did your brother leave me, Omer? For money? Why did you leave? For work? My dear brother Omer, haven’t you understood yet? Work, power, position, money, wealth… these are worldly things. You can always find a morsel of bread to satisfy your hunger.
Elif didn’t leave me a choice, Omer says, she just left. Melike replies, if you had followed her, would it have been worth it? Was it worth the Elif-lessness you’re experiencing now? A person only comes to this world once, only gets one chance to be happy. You missed that train right before your eyes. You hurt yourself and that girl. There’s nothing in this life more important than love. I didn’t know love or romance. My fate was to have your brother. Think about it. if I were in your place, I wouldn’t have let her go. Go, Omer, find her. Pray that you won’t be late. Run to your beloved Elif because every second it gets later. Melike leaves Omer with a lot of thinking to do. Do we see a slight smile on his face?
The guard came back for our inmates. They are disguised as guards. Huso has shaved. The guard says, we’re changing shifts. Everyone is leaving. From now on, you’re on your own. If they don’t catch you at the checkpoint, you made it. But if they discover you, you’re dead. Is that clear? Hayırlı olsun. The guard lets them outside. They hide until the others come out for the shift change. Fatih looks at his baby’s sonogram for luck or courage.
Huso gets past the checkpoint easily. Nilufer is waiting there in a car. She touches her stomach. Here comes my love. Finally we will be together. Huso gets in the car. Nilu asks, where’s Fatih? Huso says he’s coming. It looks like Fatih clears the checkpoint, but a gendarme gives him a second look as he passes. Fatih comes out and Nilu smiles as she sees him.
The gendarme stops Fatih from going further. Panic sets in. He asks for Fatih’s ID again. The gendarme gives it a good long look and looks at Fatih. He finally lets him go. Fatih gets in the car and he kisses Nilu. Huso interjects, time for that later. We have to go now.
Omer shows up at the Denizer house. Asli is not happy. What are you doing here? He asks, where is Elif? Did you just think of this now, Asli replies. I miss her very much, he answers. You don’t miss Elif, she says, forget her. Omer stops her from closing the door on him. Where is Elif? I need to see her. Asli asks, don’t you think it’s a little late? She’s waited all this time, and you don’t know how much she’s cried. She’s built a life for herself. I will never tell you where she is! I won’t let you upset my sister again!
kpa
ReplyDelete#163 part 4
Asli tries to shut the door again and Omer stops her—I need to see Elif. She tells him to get out. Elif has forgotten you. You forget her, too. She’s built a new life for herself. You have a life ahead of you too, build it! Don’t ever bother my sister again. This time Asli manages to close the door. [I guess Omer will have to rely on his detective skills to find Elif.] Panicked Asli calls Ege.
Huso prepares to make his own way in the world and bids Fatih goodbye. Fatih stops him, don’t be silly, grandpa. Where are you going? My dear son, Huso answers, our paths are separate. You will start a family, you will build a new life. And I will go to save the life entrusted to me. Fatih asks, what will you save? Grandpa, you escaped from prison and you’re going into the middle of 100 police officers. Fatih seems genuinely concerned and sad.
You underestimate me, Huso laughs, I may be old and lame but I can still escape trouble. He grabs Fatih by the arms. You know, I can’t imagine how that psycho Tayyar had a son like you. Look, it had to be this way. Your beloved is waiting for you with that little one she carries. That family will be the most wonderful thing you’ll ever do in this life. And if we ever had even a little bit of brotherly love, if I have even a little right over you, swear to me that no forbidden thing will touch your hand again and you won’t harbor anger in your heart.
Fatih jokes, a convict’s words. No, Huso replies, it’s an older brother’s advice to a younger brother. Don’t forget what I said. If Rifki wants revenge, he’ll go after you. You and Nilufer need to be careful. Fatih tells him to take care. A brotherly hug goodbye and Huso says, see you in the next life. An honor, Fatih replies. Huso limps away. One quick look back. Fatih watches and puts his arm around Nilu. With a final salute, Huso disappears into the night. A car pulls up and it’s Fatih’s mother.
Elif has fallen asleep out on her patio. She wakes to Ege knocking at her door. He apologizes for the late hour but he needs to speak with her. She asks if something is wrong. He tells her he spoke to Asli. Elif is alarmed. He says it’s nothing to worry about. It’s about that man who caused you to run here, Omer. He visited Asli today and was asking about you. Elif is stunned. Ege says, look, you suffered a lot. You worked so hard to build a new life. You wouldn’t want to face this man again and go back to the old one. You know what’s best for you. If you want, we can leave here together.
Omer is on the phone. Let me know if you find out anything. Yes, I’ll wait. Arda and Pelo are with him. Pelo looks at a laptop. Omer tells them she hasn’t used her credit card or opened another account either. Arda and Pelo smile at him. Omer asks, what are you smiling about? We won’t be able to find her using the card. Arda answers, ah, brother, you finally opened your eyes. We have been waiting for this day for months. You’re doing the right thing. We’re happy for you. Omer says, hopefully, as my SIL said, I’m not too late.
Pelo offers an inshallah. Arda notes if Elif is talking with Asli, maybe we should get the phone records. Omer says, if Asli wanted to tell us, she would have. It would be a violation of her privacy. There’s no crime involved. But there’s love, Arda replies. I’ll find her myself, Omer answers, just as I lost her. Maybe there’s a traffic infraction, something the DMV might have. Let’s try that.
kpa
ReplyDelete#163 part 5
Arda says, you wanted to forget Elif but we didn’t. We tried that a couple of months ago. She sold her car somewhere near Izmir, but she didn’t deposit the money in the bank. There are no money transfers from the company either. Omer says Elif sold all her shares in the company. Mert told him. Pelo says they’re sure she’s still in Türkiye. Omer says there are 81 provinces in the country, how will we find her? Arda is sure they will. Omer has a sudden thought that might help.
Next morning, Omer goes back to the jewelry store where he bought Demet’s gift. The necklace is still in the case. Omer asks the jeweler if he has information on who made it. The jeweler doesn’t know. We bought it from a distributor who travels around the country looking for unique pieces to sell. It’s very beautiful. It caught your attention the other day. You couldn’t hide it. Omer asks if the jeweler can put him in touch with the distributor. The jeweler agrees to call him.
Meanwhile, Omer gets a call from his boss and steps outside. His boss tells him that Huso and Fatih escaped from prison. All divisions have been alerted. Omer thinks they might have left the country. The boss says let’s talk in person. The ceremony is starting, your family has already arrived. Omer says he’s on his way.
The jeweler tells Omer the distributor isn’t sure but he’ll check his list and get back. Omer hands over his card and says to let him know. It’s a matter of life and death. The jeweler is happy to help.
Ege speaks with, Halil, landlord of Elif’s house. This is Elif’s last payment. Halil worries about finding another renter. Ege thinks that won’t be a problem. [it’s a great place in a beautiful location.] Halil says he couldn’t force her to stay anyway. May Allah bless her journey.
Ege tells Elif he handled everything. Elif says, it seems you and Asli have decided for me, am I right? I thought we decided together, Ege replies, are you regretting it? She asks him if he wants coffee. He begs off saying he has something to do at the pansiyon. Elif seems unsettled as she looks out over the water.
Rifki and henchies are waiting outside the ceremony. Omer arrives. Henchie says, we can kill him right now if you want. Rifki says that would ruin the big show. The henchie says it would be easier if they did it now. Rifki pulls a gun on the henchie—we’ll do it my way. If you don’t want to, I’ll kill you and find someone else to do it.
Omer gets out of his car and into the building. He shows his badge to the guard. The guard asks him to hand over his weapon. Omer doesn’t want to give it up. The guard says it’s regulations, you know how this works. Omer tells the guard, at this moment, my life is in danger, so I hope you do the same with everyone else who enters. Don’t worry, the guard answers. [that’s the signal to worry.] Omer hands over his gun. Another guard calls Omer to come, everyone is waiting for him.
Disguised Huso limps up the stairs and into the building for the ceremony.
The ceremony starts. I’m now honored to introduce to you one of the valiant members of our police force, Omer Demir. We see Omer’s family and friends applauding in the audience. Omer comes out on the stage. The host continues, Captain Demir, with the collaboration of his team, dismantled one of the largest money laundering and organ trafficking criminal organizations in our history, demonstrating admirable strength and courage. He brought all its members to justice, including police and justice department infiltrators. Each and every one of those criminals is in prison thanks to our captain.
kpa
ReplyDelete#163 part 6
Applause. Omer is presented with the award and shows it to the crowd. We see the henchie in the audience pretending to be a photographer. The host says, Captain Omer along with his colleagues, acted with honor and patience, making them worthy of their badges. They never abandoned their professional ethics, adhering to the values that represent us even when it meant making difficult decisions. [how about assisting Tayyar’s suicide? Neyse…] I am proud to have this opportunity to present this well-deserved award.
Omer gets a standing O from his family and friends. We see Huso peeking from a stage doorway looking proud. Omer is asked to say a few words, and he steps to the podium. We see the henchie in the crowd again. He pulls out his gun. Omer spots him and shouts for everyone to get down. He pushes the host out of the way.
Huso runs out from his hiding place and pushes Omer down. The henchie fires and hits Huso. Looks like he gets him in back of the ear. The guards shoot and take down the henchie. Omer is floored, literally and figuratively. Abi? Elvan peeks up from the row in shock. Omer checks Huso and looks up.
And we are out and on to the gran final!!
KPA
ReplyDeleteExcellent as always, Dondi!
This was an interesting episode. Asli sure went from thinking Elif should stay to be pissed at Omer - but I guess I can see how she'd be mad at him for giving up. When she walked into the house with Mert, my first thought was 'where's Nilu?' but then I remembered Nilu is Mert's ex and realized that might not be appropriate.
Besides, Nilu was busy being a getaway driver to a prison break! One more bad decision in a long line of them. I might have officially lost sympathy for this woman who couldn't find her own best interest if her life depended on it! And considering the company she keeps, it probably will one day. That said, I still say she suffered from being ignored and dismissed since episode 1 - which probably means her whole life. Her family loved her, but they didn't pay attention to her or take care of her emotionally, she was ripe for the picking of this crazy relationship.
I don't particularly like Asli's new hair, but it fits her in a way, she pulls it off.
I really can't stand this 'Omer is a villain and Elif is the victim' narrative because I think Elif was very selfish and even childish running away like she did, but I have to admit Melike made some good points...Elif did show a willingness to start over. Omer said she wouldn't/couldn't but she did. She even sold her shares in her company??? She's serious about severing herself from her old life. But I also think her outlook is naive and unrealistic - so Omer leaves the police force and what? Bad things stop happening? There's never another black cloud? Every day is rainbows and sunshine? This outlook doesn't even seem all that consistent with the Elif we've come to know. The one who is constantly teased about joining the police academy herself. She cares as much about injustice as Omer does.
Well, we'll see where we go from here!!! I really hope Fatih and Nilu don't just get to fade off into the sunset. I have some sympathy for Fatih because his childhood was horrific - but he's still a murderer, their relationship is still unhealthy, and I still believe they have 0 percent chance of a 'normal life'. That poor kid! Not to mention, Tayyar 2.0 is still trying to kill them!
KPA
ReplyDeleteI'm getting ready to post the finale recap but before I do, I wanted to comment on something I forgot to yesterday. It was weird that they had a ceremony to honor just Omer. Arda, Pelo and Tolga worked just as hard to bring down Tayyar and they get relegated to the background 'team' and don't seem to mind but the recognition should have been for all of them, and Ipek too!
KPA 164 part 1 of 8
ReplyDeleteElif is packing up her house and she looks like she’s doubting herself. She should…
Tayyar 2.0 (aka Rifiki or whatever his name is) is celebrating his win?? I mean it seemed pretty clear that Huso was hit and not Omer but maybe these henchies are not so bright because they seem to think Omer is dead and Huso disappeared. They do say it’s a shame one of their own had to die in the struggle, but you know, cost of doing business and all that. Henchie also figured out where Fatih is hiding and who Neco is – Tayyar 2.0 seems a little far behind if he’s just figuring this out. He wants Fatih and Huso DEAD! Henchies say they are on it, but I’m doubting it.
Huso arrives at the hospital with a bullet in the head, he has to be operated on, stat. Omer is with his family in the hospital but Arda comes and informs him that Tayyar 2.0 was right there at the building, they got to go get him!!! NOW! Omer is off and running.
Nilu and Fatih arrive at their hide out and meet up with Neco. Nilu isn’t thrilled with her new palace and there’s no hiding it.
There’s a little chase but then Omer and co trap Tayyar 2.0 in the middle of the street and he gives up easily enough and starts spilling all the tea. No, pretending he’s an honest business man, no denials, no ‘I don’t know what you’re talking abouts’. Just starts yapping, this Tayyar is a definite downgrade.
Fatih is cleaning up the place and Nilu is just worried and sitting with her hands on her belly. Fatih thinks they just need warmth, love and attention not luxuries! Nilu wants to call Elif and Asli to get upgraded but Fatih says they’ll turn him in for sure (as they should). The henchie who’s name I don’t care about enough to remember has located Nilu and Fatih and is sitting right outside in his car. He’s ready to take Fatih out, but waiting for 2.0’s orders, that might take a minute since he’s under arrest.
Arda brings in 2.0 and Handsome Jefe tells him to take him to the interrogation room, Arda says ‘of course, boss’ which is odd since Jefe is Omer’s new boss in the new area away from Arda – but that was last episode, so I’ll go with it. Handsome Jefe wants to talk to Omer and he starts out all concerned about the family and assuring Omer that he can go be with them if he chooses. Omer gets a phone call before he can respond and steps away to answer. Handsome Jefe changes his mind in the short minutes Omer is on the phone and goes from ‘you should go to the hospital’ to ‘you better interrogate 2.0 immediately’ the second he hangs up!!!
But Jefe is one phone call too late, because that was the jewelry dude on the phone and he found Elif!!! Omer is OUT!!! He quits!!! He’s going to run off into the sunset and live on love….and he has no idea what else, but he’ll figure it out, I’m sure. He waxes all poetic and actually throws in a good point or two about how he’s given this job everything for 17 years and it’s cost him too much. Which as much as I hate this whole ‘Elif makes Omer quit and WINS’ turn of events I acknowledge Omer has earned the right. Handsome Jefe is shaken and wondering if Omer is losing it, but Omer walks away free as a bird to go find his love.
Now in the car, Omer is talking to Melike. It sounds more like a permanent goodbye then a I’m going on a trip to rescue my love, call. He passes on the responsibility for caring for mama and the kids to Melike. She says go, live your best life, find happiness!!! This isn’t ridiculous at all…
Meanwhile Elif is finishing up the packing with Ege, who’s a too close neighbor/landlord and he even says that tomorrow THEY will be on a plane to Rome. Elif doesn’t know how to thank him and he only needs to see her smile…. yuck. Is Omer going to get there before they leave?
KPA 164 part 2 of 8
ReplyDeleteOne day later
Omer drives thinking of Elif’s voice: ‘passion is almost indestructible, but time is stronger. They say that it heals everything, that it erases everything in its path, even that passion that burns us so much inside, and also pain. But there is something it cannot do: erase love.’ Omer drives and drives, it looks like the same town he’s arrived in and IT IS! There’s Elif on a bike, Omer didn’t see her.
Elif is thinking of Omer too: ‘Miss, love and passion are different things. But between us they go hand in hand and are stronger than time.’ Elif arrives at a stand and asks for a pastry, Ege arrives and says make it two. He and Elif will be in Rome tomorrow! Can you believe it, he asks Elif. She wonders if he’s really willing to change his life for her but he says Of course!! We are a family! He tells Elif not to look at him oddly, it doesn’t sound so bad. Besides it’s not new for them to live together(?). It’s time to turn the page. Let’s go have breakfast at Jalil’s for the last time. Elif smiles and agrees. They race on their bikes to the restaurant.
Fatih fixes up a room for the baby and Nilu loves it! She says that he is the sun that lights up her life, just like their daughter (she should tell her face). Fatih agrees, they are going to be happy. They kiss. Henchie is still outside waiting for orders, I guess phones aren’t as easy to get in prison for Tayyar 2.0 as they were for the original.
Elif is still packing…is this reluctance? It doesn’t feel like they have that much stuff. She and Ege are going to have coffee but he can’t find the cups. He comes back in the room to find Elif removing a picture from the wall – of the Denizer sisters. He takes it from her and asks why she’s so stubborn. She has to do everything herself and doesn’t let him help. Elif looks sadder and sadder and he tells her that if she wants to cry, he’ll understand. It’s normal. She made a very difficult decision, but she should remember, he’s with her no matter what happens. Elif breaks down and he hugs her. Omer arrives of course, and walks up to the house. He sees Elif hugging another man! Will he do the novela troupe and just leave assuming she’s moved on without even asking? Cause I’m not buying she has; she and her roomie/neighbor are oddly close but there’s been no kisses.
Oh, Omer has grown! He isn’t going to just leave! He gets back to the door as Elif and Ege get back to looking for cups for coffee. Omer knocks, he asks for Elif. Elif hears his voice and drops the coveted coffee cup – it smashes. Elif walks into the hall and Elmer do the patented stare. Omer asks to talk to her and she doesn’t think it’s a good idea, but he insists. Ege tries to tell Omer to leave but we know that won’t work. Omer drags Elif outside to talk. It doesn’t go well. (We are going all-in on this whole Omer is completely wrong and Elif was right narrative.) Omer has to beg for forgiveness and try to explain he didn’t wait so long because of a lack of love but he was a little lost. Elif says she doesn’t buy it, if he ever loved her, he wouldn’t have gotten lost! (But it’s okay that she got lost??) Elif asks if there’s anything else but Omer says he realizes he’s too late and out of options. Elif is like – so that whole scene was for nothing??? Which is a valid point… Omer is giving up so Elif says, whatever you want and walks away again. Is Omer going to let her go??? Dude, you did the whole ‘I quit, take care of mom and the kids’ exit, you need to go all in now!
KPA 164 part 3 of 8
ReplyDeleteElif makes it back inside crying and runs into Ege’s arms. She laments that Omer came back just to hurt her again. Omer watches them hug and starts to cry. Ege wants Elif to buck up since she’s made her decision – not very sensitive but since Elif is only hurting herself, I’ll allow it. Elif can’t though. She was not prepared to see Omer again. Now the only thing she will do is think about him. She has lived through this before. Her heart begins to dominate every one of her thoughts, and she’s invaded by love and also hatred. No matter how much she tries, she can't control it. Her heart, her mind, and Omer become one. (So go back to him!) Elif can’t calm down and needs to be alone.
Ege does something stupid but helpful – he goes outside to get in Omer’s way before he can leave!! He wants to forbid Omer to come near Elif again, but that goes as good as you would imagine. This is the typical tough guy stand-off fueled by jealousy but I just can’t bring myself to type up all this yada yada yada. Omer hits him and Elif runs outside…. Let’s get to the important part. Is this dude Elif’s roommate? Nope. Her landlord? Still maybe, I guess… Her boyfriend? Her husband? Nope. He’s her BROTHER-IN-LAW! That’s right, ladies and gentleman crazy Asli has got three men to marry her!! She met this wonderful human specimen while visiting her sister and they are married! Now, Asli is living back in Istanbul and her husband and sister are moving to Rome together – that’s not weird, you’re weird.
Meanwhile, back in Istanbul the doctor gives Huso’s family the news. Huso is paralyzed. He will never be able to speak or move again. They’ll be able to speak to him but he won’t respond. He’s basically dead but alive. Melike says they know, so for mom’s sake please stop explaining this. The doctor needs to tell them that in a couple of weeks the doctor will discharge Huso. He’s still a prisoner but there’s a possibility he can go home with them – you know, since he’s just going to lie in the bed until he dies. But if he doesn’t go home with them, he’ll be sent to lay around the prison infirmary. Arda says the family needs time to think and he’ll let the doctor know what they decide.
BIL (Brother-in-Law aka Ege) is now perfectly happy to bike off and leave Elif and Omer alone together?? He says he’s off to talk to his wife, who will surely want to sue Omer. How is he going to tell her that Columbo himself hit him? Omer apologizes, and says he actually saw Asli recently and she didn’t tell him she was married. BIL isn’t surprised, Asli is furious with him and he knows why.
Omer wants to talk but Elif runs – well bikes – away again! It’s good thing Omer steals some poor kid’s bike and rushes after her so he can’t be accused of waiting too long. Elif makes it to a veggie stand and looks around, yep Omer is there!
Omer: Hi, here I am. Were you waiting for me? I am not leaving here until you listen to me.
Elif (to the veggie stand guy): Excuse me, could you hold this for me?
Omer to the stand dude: Ah, and an apple for later, in case I tempt her.
KPA 164 part 4 of 8
ReplyDeleteHe runs after Elif: You're furious with me, and I understand that perfectly. I know you wonder why I did not look for you before.
Elif: And how do you know what I am asking myself if we haven't spoken?
Omer: But now I am here, please listen to me.
Elif: Why now?
Omer: Because I feel an emptiness.
Elif: I have felt the same this whole time, and at some point, I wanted to see you again. But you get used to it.
Omer: I can't and I don't want to. You taught me the lesson of my life. While I was busy being selfish, you started a new life from scratch. Elif, I cannot live without you. It is the only certainty I have. I tried to continue my life without you for months. I tried to get used to that infinite emptiness, but it was impossible. The sun went out and I could not breathe. Every morning was a dagger in my soul. Elif, I have not given up on you, my love, but I did give up my profession. I am no longer a police officer. I know why you got angry and also why you left my side. What drove us apart was the death of that man. That man had to die. If I had known that he was going to be convicted, he never would have died. I could not allow them to declare him innocent once again. You were right. A man cannot caress his children with blood on his hands. Elif, if our love is bound by time and space, then it does not exist. But I am convinced that our destiny is to be together.
Elif: Once you asked me how many times a heart can break. I know that mine no longer can. I'm sorry.
She walks away – AGAIN!!!
Omer follows again though and the chase continues.
Omer: I was an idiot. I didn't realize it before, but here I am now.
Elif: No, and we cannot be together again. It will not be like before. The past separates us. I want us to move away from that.
Omer: Let's start everything over again. But this time it will be different, because we will never separate.
Elif: You can’t start again.
Omer: Just trust me.
Elif: Where would we live?
Omer: I don't know, you decide.
Elif: I don't know what you will work at.
Omer: I don't know either, we'll decide it together.
Elif: And your family? Your friends? You can't be far from them; you've never been able to.
Omer: Just believe me, I am here as always.
Elif: You will get tired. And how do you know that? After a while you will be upset with me because you will blame me for taking you away from your life.
Omer: Maybe, but perhaps you might also charge me for your freedom, don't you think?
Elif: With so many doubts we will never be happy.
Omer is frustrated for a second but unwilling to give up, he goes down on one knee.
Omer: Please, seriously, this story is full of buts and questions. We have written the pages of a book of an impossible love. Don't you realize it? Every time we separate, our love grows. I can't give you a perfect love, but I promise it will be yours forever. Elif, our destiny is a great mystery, but if there is one thing I know, it is that I can build a home even at the end of the world. I can work at anything for that to happen. I am going to dry every tear with my love. I only have one dream: to see your face every morning and to fill our bed with little feet. While we are in the middle of that happiness, life will surely make us stumble, and it may be that the fall causes us to stop believing in our love. But that will not kill it, because an unconditional love is so perfect that it does not depend on what happens around it. It is about loving the other person's soul. You taught me that, Elif. I love your soul. So, no circumstance matters, only your heart. I am going to love you unconditionally until my death. I will never let you go. If there is still a place inside you for me, accept it. Let us fill a new beginning with hope.
Elif stands frozen for a minute but then finally smiles: I would have said yes as soon as I saw you again. You had to suffer a little, Captain.
Omer embraces her and the crowd cheers.
Omer: I love you so much.
KPA 164 part 5 of 8
ReplyDeleteTwo days later
We have having Elmer’s wedding NOW! I guess there’s no time to wait. Asli is there, Arda and Perlo are there, I don’t see the rest of the families.
Asli gives a lovely speech; I guess she’s forgiven Columbo!
Asli: Let us make a toast. And Miss and Columbo, now you are going to listen to me. I and some of these people have learned a great deal from you. Two people can live inside a single heart. I accompanied you on your path, so don't envy me for being an accomplice. Until now, you have set aside your happiness for us, but that has to end now. It has already been enough. Seriously, stop worrying about us, all right? This has to end here. We no longer need you to take care of us all the time. Love each other forever and hug each other every day. I am not going to cry, I will not do it. I love you both.
Elif: I want to make a toast to my husband, Omer, and to those who are with us today. We do not choose our family when we are born, but as time passes, with much love we choose new members for it. It makes us very happy that you are our family. Thank you for coming.
Asli: Columbo, now it's your turn.
Omer: I toast for…. well, my wife. She already said everything. I don't know what else to add, but I will only ask that you let us dance, please.
Elif: But we do not have music. How will we do it?
Arda: Relax, it's already solved. We did it for you, now...
Omer and Elmer begin their first dance as man and wife. They hold each other close and smile.
Elif: It seems we got married.
Omer: We have a certificate that says so.
Elif: But don't get too comfortable, Omer, because marriage is not being someone's property. Each one must have their own space, and I think we must never stop being lovers because...
Omer silences her with a kiss and the crowd roars in approval!
Later Omer carries Elif into a beautiful decorated bathroom.
Elif: When did you do all this?
Omer: Earlier you told me you were going to the bathroom, don't you remember? As you can see, I will always surprise you, my love.
Elif: I do not need much. The only thing I want in this world is for us to have a peaceful life
Omer: and this is only the beginning. We have joined our destiny, miss.
A couple days later? Maybe the next day but if so, they certainly got that store quickly! Omer is getting ready to do some painting at a storefront when they local thugs show up to intimidate one of the older men in a shop a couple doors down. Omer hears it and is about to intervene when Ege shows up and says to stay out of it! He explains what’s going on but Omer is not to get involved. Apparently, if you aren’t a cop, you also can’t be a decent human being or a good neighbor? Elif arrives with food and Omer guiltily tries to put the incident out of his mind and go back to painting guy…and Elif clears up the storefront matter. They are opening a bookstore. Because why not? His life’s work is crime stopping – she’s a designer, why wouldn’t they open a bookstore?
Nilu is in her new house, cutting out a pattern to make clothes, I guess. Fatih arrives disgruntled.
Nilu: How did it go?
Fatih: As long as we live in Turkey, I will always be unemployed. We will have to leave, although we will need fake passports. They are very expensive. I don't know what to do.
Nilu comes to him and lays his hand on her belly: Look, listen to our daughter. She is telling you not to worry, please. Everything will be wonderful in the future.
Fatih: Huso once told me that the harm you do will return to you.
Nilu: Everything is going to get better. Now I live for you so does our daughter.
Fatih: I'd better go for a walk and clear my mind.
Sir thug is still waiting outside for 2.0’s order to kill which made me think it was only a day later, but Elmer’s wedding took two days and now they own a store; Nilu’s all settled in and making clothes, surely, it’s been several days at least. This thug really knows how to wait for orders!! And he finally gets it, kill Fatih ASAP.
KPA 164 part 6 of 8
ReplyDeleteThe newlyweds have lunch and talk about the design of their bookstore. Omer wonders if their daughter will be happy among so many books? They aren’t pregnant just dreaming of the future. It’s sweet and peaceful and full of promise for the future.
Arda and Pelo have been following Neco for too many days. Is he going to visit Fatih, or are they going to wait forever? Arda is optimistic, Pelo is grumpy but she changes the subject and tells Arda she has news. The way she’s holding her stomach gave it away to the audience before Arda but she tells him she’s pregnant! Pelo is concerned it’s too soon and Yagiz will be jealous but Arda is thrilled and Yaz is getting a brother! Their celebration is interrupted by a call from Tolga, they’ll never believe it Fatih is at the cemetery visiting Tayyar’s grave!!! Arda says not to let him out of his sight, they are on the way!
Some kid approaches Fatih with a ‘Sir, I am sorry for your loss.’ But he’s really trying to sell water to people watering flowers at their love one’s gravesites to make money for school. Fatih takes pity on him but he’s not interested in watering the flowers at Tayyar’s grave and basically throws the water around instead. He yells at daddy.
Fatih: You were so miserable that the only thing you left in this life was a gravestone. I am still here; you are already nothing. And I don't know if there will ever exist someone as despicable as you again. I will never be happy because you shattered my life, and that is something I will always carry inside me. I will never make my wife happy. It is your fault. All I wanted was a father, and you destroyed me.
Back to Elmer painting, in bad form, and joking about the color of the walls. They hear the neighbor crying out and rush out the door in time to see the thugs leaving. They rush in the other store and find the owner is unconscious on the floor.
The scene at Elvan’s is both funny and sad. Demet comes back from the park with too many kids! She says she’s never taking the kids to the park again by herself, it’s too hard. Melike says they have to. Melike is going to get more toys for home as soon as she can. They have to make it fun so all the kids want to be here. Yes, this is how they are making money now without the support of Huso or Omer, they are creating a daycare for ends meet. She goes to cater to the kids and make sure they are happy!
Arda and Pelo have made it to the cemetery and Fatih is still there. It is time for them to catch that bastard, Arda proclaims. They creep up behind him and say to freeze, but Fatih runs and when they all start to run after him Arda tells Pelo to stay put and Tolga to stay with her and take care of her. Arda takes off after Fatih.
Elmer carefully help the now awake store owner out to the table outside his store. Elif goes for water and Omer asks the guy what happened.
Omer: What happened? Why did they do this to you?
Owner: For money. They are mafiosos. They come here every month to demand money from me, and if I don't give it to them, they beat me. They want me to hand over my shop. They tell me to leave so they can make their own business.
Omer: Do you know where I can find them?
Elif walks up on this question and Omer’s interrogation is ended. Elif looks worried.
Fatih has 99 problems and Arda is just one of them. Sir thug is here to kill him too! He tells Fatih to pray for his own soul now cause Tayyar 2.0 wants him dead! The look on Fatih’s face in this moment is hilarious; he looks mildly amused and not at all scared – I actually wondered if he found the actor’s delivery of the line funny and was trying not to laugh. Arda arrives and says ‘Police, drop the gun!’ Dude is startled and Fatih decks him and takes the gun. The dude just walks away and Fatih lets him. Arda insists Fatih drop the gun and put his hands on his hands, he reluctantly does.
KPA 164 part 7 of 8
ReplyDeleteFatih: Arda, please let me go.
Arda: Could you have a little dignity? Your little jail friends must be missing you
Fatih: In any minute they will kill me. You already saw it. If they don't kill me, they are going to kill my wife.
Speaking of the senseless, Nilu arrives to beg with Fatih: Arda, stop, don't do it, please, I beg you.
Fatih: What are you doing here?
Nilu: I was worried.
Fatih: Fine. Now go away.
Arda: She is coming with us. You both know why.
Nilu: Wait a second, Arda, it doesn't matter where a man who escaped from prison goes, because he can never free himself from it.
Fatih: The game is over, Nilufer. Now go away.
Nilu: No, it is not over. We have suffered too much, and we are still suffering. Look, we barely have enough to eat, and our future does not look any better, but we have a wonderful dream: to watch our daughter grow up together. Do not take her father away from her, please.
Fatih: Look, the only thing we want is to have a peaceful life far from our dark past, and believe me, we still keep paying for everything. We carry our own sentence. Nilufer is innocent, Arda, and she carries a life inside her. I know you will be able to understand it even though you are not yet a father. Please let her go. I will owe you my life if you do.
NO NO NO NO NO!!! Arda lets Fatih go! We’re supposed to believe this is his compassion as a father??? What is wrong with these people! Do that child a favor and arrest them both! But no, Fatih is free to go with Nilu and they better hurry before Arda returns to his senses.
Fatih and Nilu take off and Arda goes back to Tolga and Pelo pretending Fatih got away, they have questions but Arda distracts them with the news that Tolga is going to be an uncle! Fatih is forgotten as they discuss how happy they are all going to be in the future. Nilu and Fatih are seen walking off, into the sunset I suppose for at least until the next thug comes to kill Fatih.
The kids are outside playing and Melike brings them food, she calls out to Elvan, Burhan likes spicy food just like his uncle! Elvan looks outside and when she’s back in the room we see she’s caring for vegetable Huso! Huso can’t speak or move but he looks peaceful living with the sound of children playing and his mommy doting on him – I guess no one gets an anvil they deserve in this.
Elif gets back to the store and Omer is gone. He returns quickly but Elif wants to know why he went to the police station – she knows he did! Omer just wanted to find out if the police were doing the job! He found out the police can’t get anything done because they don’t have a picture of what these guys look like, but Elif can help because she’s an artist. Elif won’t because she doesn’t want to get involved! If they get involved the guys will come after them, she just wants to live in peace!!! This is an argument that will happen again and again I’m thinking but for not Omer caves, again. He tells Elif that she’s right and they go back to painting. Elif says Now let's finish painting this place, Omer Demir. And Omer says, all right, Elif Demir. Elif corrects to Elif Denizer-Demir and Omer says sure, we are a modern, feminist couple, I have no problem with that!
KPA 164 part 8 of 8
ReplyDeleteOmer goes back to work but Elif notices the noise outside. The thugs are back, how can that be? The police were supposed to have taken care of those men, but they are here again. It is incredible. Who is behind them? What? But they are hurting the store owner. Omer, Omer, come, they are forcing him into their car. Omer, what happened? Where are the police? They are kidnapping him.
Reality dawns on Elif and she realizes they can’t just do nothing. The man has grandchildren! Omer has paused all this time waiting for Elif to give him permission, but it’s time for them both to take action. Elif is a detective at heart and as they join hands and run off to intervene, we hear their voiceover.
‘What else can we do, let injustice win? That is what we are. We cannot allow them to hurt the weak. We may not be able to avoid it, but together we are strong. We will not allow them to hurt innocents. There are many cowards loose in the world and few brave people to stop them. We cannot give up. Then get ready, Captain, our adventure is not over yet. It does not have to end, miss. Beside you, any adventure will have a happy ending.’
The theme song plays and we see more scenes from the wedding.
El Fin
KPA
ReplyDeleteThank you again Babachita and Dondi!!! It was a pleasure watching this dizi and recapping with you! I enjoyed this show immensely, though I mostly hate the ending!!! I've heard it's pretty common to dislike dizi endings. I can see some poetic beauty in parts of it, but many parts I just didn't like.
I didn't like Tayyar's anvil - too easy and not emotionally satisfying. Same with Nedret... all those episodes of building up our hatred all to a sort of shrug almost aside death. I guess it was sort of interesting in the whole good cop vs. corruption dynamic that Omer ended up facilitating Tayyar's suicide, but it wasn't painful enough! That man deserved to be eating alive by something.
I don't like Huso's end - yes, the taking a bullet for Omer and living as a vegetable thing has a certain flair, but he ended up at home being cared for by mommy! How is that justice?
I HATE that Arda let Fatih go!!!!!
And I don't like that Elmer went through three months apart because Elif made him choose between her and being a cop!!! Though I do admit there were some fascinating points made about the importance of love vs everything else and they somewhat redeemed it at the end with having Elif realize it wasn't ever going to be that simple.
I still really hate that they killed off Ipek!!!! I was hoping she'd find HEA with Tolga, who deserved that as well.
I did like the sudden Asli marriage - it was quirky and odd and totally fit! I sort of like the Melike daycare development; it would have been a great solution if portrayed a little less manic, instead it seems over the top and desperate.
kpa
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful walk through this great dizi with you two! We each have strengths that made each week’s summaries such fun! I have read both of your last ones, but still need to rewatch the final before commenting. I laughed so many times while reading yours just now, Darcy! I’ll comment later but wanted to share a virtual group hug at completing this monumental task! We did it and did it well!!! Hooray for us!
Babachita
kpa
ReplyDeleteFinal comments
It was fun to see the last episodes again. I enjoyed seeing Mert and Demet engaged, watching the Demir family still holding their own. Demet is so pretty when she looks at Mert. It’s been this way since she first saw him. I’m glad they made it.
Melike’s day care is funny. She spoils those kids so! Where is her sharp tongue? I figure the kids will be covered in mud on rainy days! They need a patio.
I liked seeing Huso enjoy the sights and sounds. He was so bad for most of it, but I liked that he saved his brother and helped Fatih. His Tom Sawyer scene was fun way back when they faked his death.
Fatih and Nilufer. I was surprised. Funny how she was put off at first by the humble home but came to love it. Fatih’s picture helped. I wonder where they’ll end up. I guess they could stay there. But they truly live each other.
Do we know about Neco? I kind of liked him, even though a henchie. Lawyer Neco was funny!
I couldn’t believe Elif was with that guy, but I was worried. She did make Omer work for it before she gave in. I was briefly mad at her grim faced rejection. The wedding was perfect for them. I liked that they might be co-detectives! The island is so idyllic that mafiosi shouldn’t succeed. Hoping the town and they chase them off.
Absolutely that award should have gone to the whole team! Ipek should have a memorial. I really enjoyed Omer’s team. They were very good at their job and their personalities were complementary!
I’ll miss my kpa weekends! Such a great story. Thanks for sharing a special journey!
Babachita
kpa
ReplyDeleteTebrikler arkadaşlarım! Congratulations my friends! We made it to the end. Now Kara Para Aşk recaps will be here for future viewers to enjoy. Glad I got to share this with you both. Darcy, you took us out in your own special, humorous way. It was nice to watch this through a new pair of eyes.
Original viewers were divided on the ending. I was thankful that Elif and Omer made it to the end with a seemingly HEA. So much for unconditional love, though. The Signorina gets hers, but the Komiser gets a bookstore instead. I guess those last moments were supposed to mitigate Omer’s ending. Maybe Elmer could open a husband and wife combo detective agency/bookstore.
Those thugs were kidnapping Halil, Elif’s landlord. Only a matter of time before they target Elmer’s bookstore. Ok, Elif so much for a peaceful life…
I will forever be ticked that they killed Ipek. If anyone deserved an HEA after so much suffering it was her. Ipek and Tolga would have made a nice couple, and Yagiz would grow up with his mother.
I’ve come to terms with Tayyar’s end. But you’re right Darcy, it would have been better if he was eaten alive! Lol. Nedret died knowing her daughter rejected her.
I thought Nilu and Fatih were a ridiculous couple all the way through the dizi but, strangely, I didn’t mind Arda letting Fatih go at the end. Go figure.
Asli’s whirlwind marriage was done just to mislead us and Omer. Hazal Türesan gave an outstanding performance as Asli.
FYI, Elmer relocated to Mudanya in the Bursa province. They cheated us out of the entire credit scene at the end. You can see it at the end of the episode on the ATV production site:
https://www.atv.com.tr/kara-para-ask/54-bolum/izle
If you are interested in seeing Engin Akyürek as a villain, YouTube has all episodes of Bir Bulut Olsam/If I Were a Cloud dubbed into Spanish as Más Allá de las Nubes. This was Engin’s first lead role, way back in 2009, and some fans think this is his best work. It’s only 29 episodes approximately an hour and a half each. I have to warn you, it takes place in Mardin province (same area as Hercai and Lejos) and the subject matter is very heavy.
Playlist here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLyKNRiKaavP2IoShdivORfK55bJwh1jAA
I would be willing to take on a task like this again if an interesting opportunity arises. Maybe with a shorter dizi. And maybe we could get more people on board.
Teşekkürler, Babachita and Darcy! It was an honor to complete this massive project with you. We should be proud of our work.