Menu

Thursday, September 03, 2026

TELEMUNDO Y MÁS (#2): El Señor de los Cielos, Lejos de Tí, Golden Boy y más: Week of August 31, 2026

TELEMUNDO WEEKEND EDITION (continuación)

Here's Page 2 for the week.  The current telenovelas are as follows (all times are Eastern Daylight Time).

  •  9-10PM    El Señor de los Cielos
  • 10-11PM    Lejos de Tí 
  • Yali Çapkini/Golden Boy

Everyone is welcome to join in the conversation.   Since discussions of all the Telemundo novelas share the same page, please remember to put the name of the telenovela you're referring to at the top of your post, so readers can easily find the conversations they're looking for.

By common agreement, this group DOES NOT DISCUSS previews, trailers, or any other plot information not found in a current or past episode of the current production.  Spoilers WILL be removed by the admin.  This includes references to earlier productions of the story, and even the original novel. Thanks for your cooperation! 

26 comments:

  1. lejos

    Thanks, Anastasia. Appreciated your well-written recap.

    Deniz doesn't seem to have processed what Ecmel was saying to him about being his grandfather. I expected him to ask Alya and Cihan about that.

    Ipek is an idiot. When Demir cornered her at that outside table, he told her she might get Kaya back. When and if Kaya finds out who revealed the hideout, he'll be furious.

    For once Sadakat lit into her eldest. Exposing Deniz to her nemesis was a bridge too far for her.

    Deniz said something to Boran about that photo. Did Deniz somehow create that photograph and frame of the three of them? I have a vague memory of that.

    I hadn't thought of Kaya simply telling Demir that Zerrin was in labor and avoiding all those shots. I was hoping against hope that he'd get away. Please, writers, kill off Demir before you begin Season 3.

    Boran's ego is a big problem for Boran himself. He wanted to show up at the plaza with Deniz to emphasize that the kid (and incidentally the boy's mother) belongs to him. And he didn't have the cojones to ward off Ecmel, thus traumatizing his own child. The fact that he allowed Ecmel to wheedle him into approaching Deniz is one more signal that he'll eventually unite with him, at least to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lejos

    Anyone up for a recap tonight? A quickie would be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "SENOR10"
    I'll post my personal thoughts on this evening's episode sometime later this evening.

    Gut feeling that the Body Count will be increasing soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "SENOR10"
    Howdy from the Alamo City CarayCaray Family. Here's my super-short recap of this evening's episode.

    *The clock is ticking on Felina, who stupidly keeps smelling the damn flowers.

    *Cifuentes planning the biggest sinister plot ever.

    *Crazy Lucy gets surprised by Aurelio, who then has Vitaminas & Co., drag her out of the hotel.

    *Isturiz is torn between having to kill Romina. His weakness is pissing off Hothead Diana.


    *Slippery Mauricio is plotting something sinister & deadly against Constanza, who needs to flee to Canada ASAP.

    *Hothead Diana beats the shit out of Crazy Lucy in the special torture chamber; we also see Bald Muscle Dude getting his ass kicked by Rutila's crew.

    We see Crazy Lucy getting dosed with gasoline & Aurelio smirking as he lights the match.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lejos - I can do a quick recap if no one else does. Novelera, I appreciate you doing Tuesdays. It would be great if someone else could pick a day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lejos

    I could help out with recaps- except wednesdays- but will be away from tv next week so couldn’t start until the following week.

    Thanks in advance for all the recaps that will keep with up with whatever nonsense Sadakat is almost certainly going to be up to. Team Fidan!

    K

    ReplyDelete
  7. golden
    Golden Boy – Yali Capkini – Poder y traicion
    Episode 88 #1 of 9
    “Question of Honor” “Cuestion de honor”

    At the Sanli home, Suna is talking with Seyran earnestly about what is happening with the Ihsanlis. The sisters hug and cry in frustration.

    At the yali, Ferit receives a text from Suna saying they need to talk about Seyran and that it’s very important. Ferit sighs and trudges up the stairs to his attic suite. He sees that all of Seyran’s clothing, etc., is gone. He has a flashback to Seyran trying on different dresses and flirting a little. He looks sad. Sad music plays as he walks slowly in the closet, remembering. Then he erupts and flings her empty hangers, etc., to the ground.

    At the Sanli home, the doorbell rings. Kazim wonders what it is about. Seyran answers the door, joined by Esme, Suna, and Kazim. It is Mustaffa with Seyran’s things in three suitcases. Mustaffa is apologetic, telling her it is his job, but he is not enjoying it. Kazim appears and wants to know what all this is about. He yells at Mustaffa: Who are you to be bringing my daughter’s things? Can’t we go get them? Who sent this? Who would dare touch my daughter’s intimates?
    Kazim launches himself toward Mustaffa. The girls follow, trying to restrain him.
    Kazim wants to know who touched them. Mustaffa finally escapes, as Kazim continues to yell: He’s a degenerate! That’s how they end a marriage. (Hattice has now joined him.) If I’d left it to that family, they would finish with her too, but no! But no! I’ll talk to Mr. Saffet and we’ll speed things up! A quick wedding. Look at those imbeciles! In this house, we’ll make our daughters get married as soon as possible! They should know it!
    The sisters take the suitcases into Seyran’s room and start unloading. Suna says they should be ashamed. Seyran says that all they did was pack all the things. She is sure they told Sultan to do it, and she was no doubt happy to do it.
    Suna cautions Seyran to slow down and calm down. She offers to bring her some water. Seyran continues to unload, making an angry face while doing so.

    Back at the yali, Ifakat walks up the stairs followed by Sultan, telling her to clean everything very thoroughly. Ifakat asks Sultan if there has been any news from Abidin. She tells her no, but that something did happen, and tells her that Ferit wants Sultan to withdraw her accusation. Ifakat tells her emphatically not to do it. Ferit walks in. Ifakat wishes him good morning, noting that he is up early. She asks him where he is going.
    Ferit: Out.
    Ifakat: Ferit, where are you going? Everything’s very complicated.
    Ferit turns, angrily and walks back up the stairs toward Ifakat and Sultan. He draws up right in front of Ifakat, and she starts to back up.
    Ferit: Did I ask your opinion? I asked you to help me, but don’t think you’re my mother. Understood? You won’t ask me where I’m going. Don’t get involved in my life, OK?
    Ifakat, almost spitting the words: I understand. I see that you’re upset. Go wherever you want, but clear your head before you come back, because in this house, no one will tolerate your attitude.
    Ferit: Tell me, who’s responsible for this attitude?
    Ifakat: Your wife is, no one else.
    Ferit glowers at Ifakat and Sultan and then goes down the stairs.

    Babachita

    ReplyDelete
  8. golden
    Episode 88 #2 of 9
    Ifakat lets loose to Sultan: That witch! She’s responsible for all of this! And you, get out of here! Go clean everything, doors, windows, moldings, railings.
    Ifakat exhales and then walks to her room.

    Kazim is having coffee/tea with Zerrin in a nice restaurant. He is all dressed up and puffed up with pride. She tells him they shouldn’t waste more time, and that he should start the process at once.
    Kazim shrugs: Well, Ms. Zerrin, we’ve discussed lawyers, but we have yet to see what they’re capable of. We’ll have to see what they can get us.
    Zerrin wants to move things along: Mr. Kazim, you have to recognize the power you have in your hands, please. The Korhans, especially Halis, are like a giant balloon. People that know them know that too well. They’re just scared to say it. But now things have changed. Now they will fear you, because the balloon might pop. Believe me.
    Kazim, sitting up straight and still posing as a big shot: Yes, you’re right. We didn’t say anything because our daughter was there. You know, we’ve become a great family, but we stayed quiet out of respect for the family.
    Zerrin: Was it worth it? You respected them, I understand, but them? If things get ugly, they’ll talk badly about your daughter. They’re capable of inventing anything about her, and they will do it to get back at you. I repeat, burning bridges is the first thing you need to do. When they see what you’re willing to do, they’ll fear you.
    Kazim eyes dart back and forth as he considers this, always looking for the best deal.

    In a nice park, we see Ferit approaching some benches. He talks to himself: I can’t believe she’s still pretending she is innocent.
    He walks to where Suna is sitting. She is crying.
    Suna: My father’s forcing me to marry Saffet!
    She hugs Ferit, and he somewhat reluctantly hugs her back. He sighs.
    Ferit: Suna, calm down. Come with me. Let’s sit down.
    Suna: How can I be calm if they force me to get married like Seyran?
    Ferit: Maybe this will be different. You might be happy. You never know.
    Suna: Ferit, I don’t love him.
    Ferit: Go on, tell me. Confess. Tell me you’re in love with Abidin. That you were going out behind our backs. Congratulations, really, what a good idea, right? Why don’t you admit it? Now what? What can I say, Suna? You fell in love and thought you could trick us. You made us all look like idiots. Bravo for that. What else?
    Suna: Abidin didn’t do anything. He wanted to tell you, but I asked him not to. Well, it’s fine now. It doesn’t matter.
    Ferit: Did you really want me to come here for this? Seriously? What do you want from me?
    Suna: Nothing. (She takes a deep breath.) Ferit, my father spoke with Mr. Saffet. After Seyran gets divorced, they’ll force her to marry Saffet’s brother.
    Ferit is finally impactado: What? (He stands up.) I’m not understanding anything, Suna. What brother? Who is he? What nonsense is this?
    Suna: Saffet has an older brother. He was there yesterday. And from the moment they got here, he didn’t take his eyes off Seyran. They’re all very weird, but that pervert didn’t stop staring at her all night. Later, we heard them talking and we were close enough to hear everything about their plans.
    Ferit: Is she still there? With them? After everything she heard, she’s still at home? How is that possible, Suna? I don’t understand anything. Do you want me to lose my mind? Seyran is my wife! She is still my wife!
    Suna: Ferit!
    Ferit: How could they do something like this?
    Suna: Ferit, this isn’t our fault! What can we do? Don’t you see we have no other option?

    Babachita

    ReplyDelete
  9. golden
    Episode 88 #3 of 9
    Ferit: Well, I was there, Suna. I was always there! I was there after everything! You know that. What did you do? Nothing. If your idiot sister had a little common sense, a little, if she loved me a little, none of this would be happening now! Why? Why do you act like this? I told Seyran! I told her something weird was happening with Saffet. I warned her. I don’t understand why you do this. I went because I wanted to help.
    Suna: I just know everything’s out of control. What can we do?
    Ferit: Then nothing was out of control. It’s now that everything is out of control. I’ll meet Saffet and his family and ask their accounts first. And then, your father will go too.
    Suna grabs him: Ferit! Wait! I just told you so we could think of something together.
    Ferit throws her arms back: How do you expect me to calm down now? Do you hear what you’re saying? I won’t allow anyone to come and play with my wife’s honor. And whoever dares will pay! You hear me, Suna?
    Ferit walks off with purpose, ignoring Suna’s pleas.
    She pulls out her phone.
    We see Abidin coming out of a real estate office when Suna’s call comes through.
    Suna: Abidin, something really bad happened. You have to stop Ferit! She tells him the details.

    At the Sanli home, Hattice comes down from upstairs. She calls for Seyran. Esme comes from the kitchen, followed by Seyran. Hattice: Where is Suna? Is she out of the bathroom yet?
    Esme: The bathroom? I just changed the towels.
    Seyran tells Hattice that Suna is asleep upstairs. She didn’t want to wake her.
    Hattice: Why didn’t you want to wake her? She’s engaged now. We have a lot to do. Do you want people to speak poorly about us? I’m going to wake her.
    Seyran stops her from going upstairs: She’s not there.
    Hattice is horrified.
    Seyran reassures her: She was just a little bored, so she went to the park to distract herself. I didn’t tell you because you wouldn’t allow it, but she didn’t leave. Relax, Auntie.
    Hattice: But what are you saying? Your father went out to handle an issue. He’ll be back soon! Where is Suna? Now because of her I’ll have to deal with your father’s complaints at my age! You’ll have to face your father when he gets back!
    Seyran: It’s fine, Aunt. I’ll call her. You can talk to her, but she hasn’t left.
    Suna answers and tells Seyran she is in front of the building. She tells Hattice she’s coming.
    Hattice: If your father had gotten here before her, he would have hit you. It seems you don’t understand.
    Seyran sighs deeply.

    Downstairs, Kazim is standing waiting for the elevator. He is strutting around, all dressed up from his visit with Zerrin, looking like the great aga he wishes he were.

    Hattice is on a roll: You should understand you can’t go out whenever you want. If you were a little smarter, you’d know that by now. (Seyran rolls her eyes.) I’ve always wanted to support you, but every time, you show me that your father is right. Don’t expect anything from me anymore.
    Seyran finds courage, speaking truth to power: The reality is that you’ve never wanted to support us, Aunt. If you wanted to, if you really wanted to support us, we wouldn’t have suffered so much! But we have! We’ve always done what you wanted! We’ve respected you at every moment. Do we deserve what’s happening? Do my father’s words offend you? What can we do? What can my mother do? As if my father wasn’t enough, you’ve forced my mother to do all the work for years! You’ve treated her like a servant while my father beat her! What else did you do besides staying in a safe corner, telling him not to do it? Just once. If you only supported us once, we wouldn’t have had to suffer so much.

    Babachita

    ReplyDelete
  10. golden
    Episode 88 # 4 of 9
    Hattice stands up, having heard enough: Silence! You’re ungrateful. Now that you’re married, you talk too much, but you should know I can rip your tongue out!
    Seyran: You would. How else would you keep me silent? That’s how people like you are. But I’ll tell you something, Aunt. The tears my mother had shed are also your fault.
    The front door opens, as Kazim returns.
    Kazim: What’s going on? Why are you all standing there?
    Hattice: Nothing, we were just discussing things you wouldn’t understand.
    Kazim: Auntie, don’t tell me you’re answering for them now. (He tosses his coat on the sofa.) Where’s Suna?
    Seyran: Upstairs, Dad. She’s sleeping.
    Kazim: Really, at this hour? I’ll check on her. I want to see how she is.
    Hattice: Kazim, don’t go. You and I have to talk urgently.
    Kazim: Tell me here. What’s going on?
    Hattice: I won’t talk in front of them. Let’s go to the terrace.
    Kazim looks back and forth at everyone, sensing that something is going on that he doesn’t understand.
    He starts calling for Suna. Esme is in a panic.
    Kazim goes to Suna’s room to see if she’s in her room or not. He throws open the door.
    Kazim: They think they can trick me! They said she was sleeping in here. Do you really think you can trick me?
    Kazim starts to take off his belt. He comes out of the room in a fury, slapping the wall with the belt: I swear I’ll kill her this time! I swear on the Quran! I swear I’ll become a killer. Where is she? [This always seems odd to me when Kazim connects his faith and Allah with his abuse. Talk about blasphemy.]
    Suna comes down the stairs: I’m here, Dad.
    Hattice: I told you she was sleeping. She was sleeping in my room. We were up early, preparing the dowry. It’s your fault we had to hurry. What’s wrong with you?
    Kazim: Doesn’t she have a room? Why was she sleeping there?
    Hattice: I told you, we were preparing the dowry.
    Seyran reaches for Suna’s hand, and they walk away to Suna’s room. Esme thanks Hattice.
    Seyran: Were you able to talk to Abidin?
    Suna: Seyran, I swear I’m so sorry.
    Seyran tells her it’s OK. Auntie had surprised them. But it’s all OK.
    Suna: I didn’t go to see Abidin. I saw Ferit!
    Seyran: What? Why’d you do that? I didn’t want Ferit to find out! You knew that!
    Suna: Wait, I thought it was what I should do! I was thinking about you! I did it for you!
    Seyran: And he didn’t care, right? Do you have any doubts left?
    Suna: No, it wasn’t like that. The opposite happened. Ferit got furious and lost his mind when he found out what is about to happen. He’s going to Saffet’s house.
    Seyran: What?
    Suna: Sister, forgive me. I’m so sorry. I never thought this would happen.

    At the Ihsanli mansion, Tarik is target shooting. Ferit drives up and punches the guard who greets him at the gate. As he enters their compound, other henchies take their turn. Tarik holds up his automatic rifle and hands the gun to a henchie, and he and Ferit have a staring contest. Ferit continues to walk toward Tarik.
    Ferit: Are you Saffet’s brother?
    Tarik: Yes, why?
    Ferit: I’m Ferit Korhan. Pleasure to meet you.

    Babachita

    ReplyDelete
  11. golden
    Episode 88 # 5 of 9
    Ferit then punches Tarik hard. Tarik starts to laugh.
    Tarik: Here’s where the real fun begins.
    Ferit punches him again and again: Listen to me! Do you want me to kill you? If you look at Seyran again, I’ll tear your eyes out of your head! Did you hear me? Answer! I asked if you heard me.
    Saffet Aga is wheeled up: Tarik?
    Saffet Junior recognizes Ferit: Ferit? Buddy, why didn’t you tell us you were visiting? Welcome!
    Ferit pushes him aside: Get away! What are you doing?
    Saffet Aga approaches them and Tarik introduces them: Grandfather, Ferit Korhan.
    Saffet Aga laughs: He dared to come alone?
    Ferit: Do you really think I’m scared of some dogs?
    Just then, Abidin calls out to Ferit from the entrance, where he is restrained by some henchies.
    Saffet Aga tells them to let Abidin enter: I see your dog followed you here. Even if you leave them in the forest, they always find the way back to you. Now tell me, what do you want?
    Ferit: Don’t you dare lay eyes on my wife ever again, or I’ll make you regret it. Understand?
    Tarik stares at Ferit with that crooked, evil look.
    Ferit also attacks Junior, shoving him and telling him to stay away from Suna. He tells him it’s over. From now on, stay away from that family. Because if you do, I swear on my own life, you’ll regret it. Do you hear me, Mr. Saffet?
    Abidin is closely watching the escalating conflict.
    Junior: Buddy, what did I do?
    Ferit: Shut up, you!
    Saffet Aga: Hey! If we wanted to, we could bury you and your dog here and no one would ever find you. What you did was a blunder. The actions of an idiot. Don’t you see? Didn’t your grandfather teach you anything?
    Ferit: Keep my grandfather out of your filthy mouth. I’m in front of you. Do whatever you want. I’m being serious. But if you decide to do nothing, trust that I will do something, sir. And you’ll remember it for the rest of your life. That’s a promise.
    Abidin closes his eyes in frustration. They are very outnumbered. He goes over to Ferit and tells him they should leave.
    Saffet Aga: Go on, son, leave. That’s enough. Get out of here. If you won’t do anything, I will. You’re very young. Go. Leave now.
    Junior is watching Saffet Aga closely. Several henchies show their weapons. Then Saffet Aga pulls out a handgun, pointing it at Ferit. He shoots two rounds into the air. Tarik has a smirk on his face now.
    Ferit turns to leave, and Tarik winks to provoke him, but Abidin already has Ferit under control.
    Saffet Aga: Tell your grandfather I said hi and ask him why he is so scared to face me, he sends his grandson.
    Ferit starts laughing at this: I’m tired.
    He walks back toward Saffet Aga.
    Ferit: You have the audacity to compare yourself to my grandfather. My grandfather isn’t a coward like you.
    Saffet Aga: Oh, yeah.
    Ferit: In our house we don’t have big walls, or armed guards at the doors.
    Saffet Aga nods.
    Ferit continues: Because we’re not scared of anyone. My grandfather never carries a gun or keeps one on his belt. Because, like I said, we’re not scared of anyone.
    Abidin takes a deep breath.
    Ferit: The only one you should fear is Allah and no one else. OK?
    Saffet Aga smiles, Tarik does his head turning stare, and Abidin reaches out to take Ferit out of this place.

    Babachita

    ReplyDelete
  12. "SENOR10"
    Howdy from the Alamo City CarayCaray Family. Here's my super-short recap of last night's episode.
    * Isidro & Consuelo see the videos of Crazy Lucy shooting Nina to death.

    *We see Isidro confronting Crazy Lucy while she's in the cage.

    *Felina having respiratory problems. Because she stupidly keeps smelling the deadly bouquet of flowers OMG.

    *Hothead Diana beats Crazy Lucy again as we flashbacks of Hothead Diana getting tortured.

    *That uppity Russian walking into the casino & Isturiz notices, while walking with Amanda.

    *Hothead Diana & Rutila speaking with Felina. If I'm Felina's bodyguards, I might want to get in contact with several doctors to find out what's wrong with her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. golden
    Episode 88 # 6 of 9
    Ferit: I’m leaving.
    Saffet Aga: Poor you.
    Abidin and Ferit walk out of the compound.
    Junior is annoyed because Ferit wasn’t friendly.
    Outside the compound, Ferit and Abidin get in the G-Wagon, with Ferit driving.

    At the Korhan yali, Halis is enjoying his view of the water. There’s a knock. It’s Ifakat.
    Halis: Ifakat, come here. There’s an important issue. Sit down. For now, this will stay between us. Soon, we’ll have guests in this house from London. My other grandson, Nukhet’s son. Please prepare him a room just in case.
    Ifakat: Very good, sir.
    Halis: You don’t seem very happy.
    Ifakat: As you know, running a household is complicated. I’m thinking of the hundreds of things I have to do.
    Halis: It’s not strange that he’s coming. He’s my grandson. Fortunately, we don’t have to hide anything from anyone. Let him come. Maybe he’ll learn something. Of those who have to learn something will do it here. We can’t know that.
    Ifakat: I’ll be in charge of everything, sir.
    Halis: Where is Ferit? He’s not still crying over her, is he?
    Ifakat: He left very early. I asked him where he was going, but he didn’t answer. He’s very upset. I don’t think he feels well.
    Halis: But I think he’ll be fine later. You’ll see.
    Ifakat: I just hope he doesn’t get into any problems, sir. Because we can expect anything from that family. As long as that girl has our last name, I won’t feel at ease. I wouldn’t want to think she could ruin our good name. Without a doubt, that would affect everyone.

    Abidin and Ferit are in the G-Wagon. Abidin asks Ferit what’s going on.
    Ferit: They are forcing Suna to marry Saffet. And they want his brother to marry Seyran later. Is that clear?
    Abidin: What nonsense are you saying? Seyran is married. That hasn’t changed. What do they want?
    Ferit: That’s what they want. To get her married again. Are you surprised? Don’t you think Kazim is capable of this?
    Abidin: He’s determined to get Suna married?
    Ferit: There’s no question about it. They’ll get married as soon as they can, don’t you see? Didn’t she tell you?
    Abidin: She has to give me an answer, and it seems I have it.
    Ferit: If you were so in love with Suna, why didn’t you tell me?
    Abidin: You are my brother. I was embarrassed. I didn’t know how you’d react. Forgive me.
    Ferit stops the car.
    Abidin: What’s going on? What are you doing?
    Ferit reaches over and embraces Abidin. Abidin finally pulls away: It’s OK. Thanks, that’s enough. Don’t make me cry. Now what are we going to do?
    Ferit: We’ll take charge of everything.

    Babachita

    ReplyDelete
  14. golden
    Episode 88 # 7 of 9

    Inside the Ihsanli home, Saffet Aga is looking out the window with both sons.
    Tarik: Grandfather, I can’t stay like this. At least let me do something. That idiot came here to insult us. He needs to pay for everything he did.
    Saffet Aga: They shot him in two places. [I’m not sure what this refers to, but probably a previous encounter.] First, in his body and then in his soul. Don’t worry. I assure you we’ll shoot him in the same places. Be patient.
    Tarik: You tell me to be patient, Grandfather, but you’ve been sitting in the same spot for an hour. At least tell me what I should do.
    Junior stands up and looks out the window.
    Tarik: Grandfather, we will keep both girls, right?
    Saffet Aga: Give me the phone.
    Tarik slaps Junior and orders him to get the telephone. [Tarik appears to be a total jerk to everyone!]
    Saffet Aga: Don’t hit your brother.
    Junior brings the phone to his grandfather.
    Saffet Aga makes a call to … Ifakat!
    Saffet Age: How are you? I need to speak with you about something very important.

    Seyran is energetically cleaning windows at the Sanli home. Suna appears and tells her she needs to tell her something.
    Suna: Everything is OK. I was talking with Abidin. Aren’t you going to say something?
    Seyran: What can I say, sister? Since yesterday, I asked you not to say anything. If you wanted to talk about yourself, fine. Why did you have to talk about me?
    Suna: Seyran, if I spoke to him, it’s because I saw how you were.
    Seyran: In this life, I can only show how I am with you. And you went to tell him? Bravo, bravo. What can we do now that everyone knows? And if Dad asks Ferit how he found about this? What will we say?
    Suna tells her she hasn’t thought of that yet, and Seyran tells her not to do things without thinking because something will always happen.

    Ifakat is agreeing with Saffet on the phone. She tells him she will talk to Halis.
    They hang up just as Gulgun approaches.
    Ifakat: I’m sick of your son’s insanity. This is all your fault, Gulgun. He went to Mr. Saffet’s house.
    Gulgun: What do I have to do with it? I know nothing.
    Ifakat: If you want, you can ask Halis.
    Gulgun: You won’t tell my father-in-law, right?
    Ifakat: You have lost your mind! We may never hear from Ferit again!
    Gugun: Don’t say that!
    She follows Ifakat onto the patio where Halis and Latif are.
    Ifakat: Mr. Halis, may we talk? It’s important.
    He indicates for her to go ahead.

    Ferit and Abidin enter the yali parking area. So often Sultan is out there, lurking, but she doesn’t seem to be this time. No, there she is, just leaving the building. Ferit grabs her.
    Sultan: What are you doing?
    Ferit: We already talked about this. You’ll withdraw the accusation, Sultan. You hear me? You’ll make peace with Abidin. It was just a misunderstanding.
    Sultan: A misunderstanding? He was going to strangle me, Ferit.
    He yanks on her arm: Pick, Sultan. I could strangle you this time.
    Sultan: Look, Ferit, I already told you what I had to. If you want something else from me, you have to give me something in exchange. You decide. Abidin’s freedom is in your hands.
    Ferit: Listen to me.
    Just then, Latif comes walking out of the yali. Ferit tells her they will talk later.

    Babachita

    ReplyDelete
  15. golden
    Episode 88 # 8 of 9
    Ferit: Mr. Latif, Abidin is back to work. He made peace with Sultan. He’s been warned.
    Latif: Mr. Ferit, the master is waiting for you in the living room. It’s very important.
    Ferit enters the living room where Halis, Ifakat, and Gulgun are waiting.
    Gulgun: Thank goodness!
    Ferit: Grandfather?
    Halis: Where did you come from?
    Ferit: From Saffet’s house.
    Halis: Did they hit you?
    Ferit: No, Grandfather. I gave them what they deserved.
    Halis turns and looks at Ferit: You hit him first?
    Ferit: Yes.
    Halis: Why did you go? What did I tell you?
    Ferit: Saffet wants my wife to marry his oldest grandson after we get divorced.
    Halis is surprised at this: What?
    Gulgun is shocked; Ifakat is pleased.
    Ferit: They want to marry Suna and now Seyran, too. They’ve exchanged a lot of money. Kazim accepted the deal. I went to see them as soon as I heard. I told them to see reason.
    Halis: What are you saying, boy?
    Ferit: This morning Suna came to see me. She was the one that told me, and I couldn’t control myself.
    Halis: Latif, gather your men. Prepare yourselves!
    Ferit: Grandfather, allow me to come with you. Don’t go alone. There are a lot of men there.
    Halis: Be quiet! Don’t get involved. Now I will handle it. And don’t you dare do something without telling me, boy! Do you hear me?
    After Halis and Latif have left, Ifakat tells Ferit: Ms. Seyran knows what to say when she’s upset. Why doesn’t she get upset with her father? Perhaps it’s not convenient for her. I pray that nothing happens to Mr. Halis.
    Gulgun: Nothing will happen to him. Calm down. I’ll call your father. He’ll come handle this.
    Ferit: These people live in a fortress. There are armed guards outside. What do you think my father could do? What has he done so far that makes you think he can handle this? You shouldn’t trust in him so much.
    Gulgun tells Ferit to calm down as she calls Orhan. She tells Orhan he needs to come home right away.
    Ifakat is looking very smug.

    Babachita

    ReplyDelete
  16. golden
    Episode 88 #9 of 9

    Later, Ferit is looking out the window. He tells Fuat he can’t let Halis go alone, and Fuat tells him he can’t go alone so he will also go.
    Asuman: For the love of Allah, enough!
    Asuman is worried they might get hurt if they both go. Gulgun tells them she won’t let both of them go. Orhan joins them.
    Gulgun: I won’t let you leave. If necessary, Orhan will go with your grandfather.
    Orhan: I couldn’t convince him. He won’t say anything. I’m going to lose my mind.
    Ferit: Dad, I’ll try to talk to him.
    Orhan, angrily: Stop interfering! Isn’t the damage you’ve done enough? Do you do all this on purpose? Are you trying to avenge yourself on us? What are you doing, Ferit? Why do you do these things?
    Fuat: Calm down, Dad.
    Gulgun: Why would he do it on purpose? Can’t you see how he is?
    Latif comes in, dressed to leave with his coat and hat.
    Latif: Mr. Orhan, we’re leaving.
    Orhan catches Halis as he is leaving his quarters: Dad, I beg you, please don’t go. I’ll do whatever’s necessary to anyone.
    Halis: Step aside, Orhan!
    Ferit: Grandfather, this is my problem. I’ll go with you.
    Fuat: I’m going, too, Grandfather.
    Halis: In this moment, you’d all just be a hindrance to me. Not even the three of you together make a whole man! If you did, I wouldn’t have to deal with those men at my age. Until I return, no one will set a single foot outside the yali. Is that clear?
    Halis and Latif leave, and Ifakat pivots to stand guard at the door, enforcing Halis’s order.
    Several vehicles leave in a caravan as Ferit watches from the balcony.

    End of Episode 88.

    Babachita

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was not able to post anything yesterday Friday. I reached out to Caray people. There is or was a comment on the general Caray page about it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. lejos

    I had trouble posting yesterday, too. I’ve committed to Friday recaps that will be up over the weekend. That’s all I can commit to since I’m also doing one weekly for Golden. Maybe I can fill in here and there on Lejos if I have time. I will continue to look for edits and songs for our episodes.

    Thank you, novelera, for taking Tuesday. And thank you, Anastasia, for graciously doing multiple days, but it would be nice if others could commit to one of the open days, so we can create a schedule. Like we’ve said, a recap can be brief just to start a conversation.

    I’m traveling over this holiday weekend so watching eps have been delayed. I’ll have this Friday’s recap up late today or early Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lejos Thursday

    I have Thursday's recap stored in Word and should be able to copy it back over to here (after breakfast).

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lejos de ti (Uzak Sehir)
    Thursday, September 3, 2026
    Series 2, episode 37
    "Manipulacion sin limites"

    Yes, this will have to be a "quickie" recap. Sorry about that.

    Episode opens with Kaya having crashed into a boulder with a laboring Zerrin in the back seat. Demir takes Zerrin to the hospital and leaves Kaya to be found by Cihan. All the Alboras rush to the hospital - Demir used a different one than the hospital owned by the Alboras. The Alboras and Demir and Ecmel argue and fight in the hallway. Demir and Ecmel must have then left, because they are not in the rest of the hospital scenes.

    Zerrin wakes up in the hospital, and Kaya goes to see her first. (So her husband Demir is gone.) Zerrin expects to hear good news about her baby, but Kaya has to tell her that the 7-month little girl fetus did not survive. The family is devasted along with the parents.

    At the mansion, heartless Boran says this is what happens when you desire the spouse of another. Boran has a surprise for little Deniz, who wants to go see Firfir at the ranch. Boran produces a big carton - crate size. It's a little car that a kid can ride in and operate. Now Deniz wants to stay at the mansion and play with the car. Talk about manipulation. Alya and Cihan say they are going to the hospital, but they really go up into the hills and talk about this manipulation. Alya is afraid of losing Deniz.

    Boran asks Sadakat if she thinks Cihan "slept" with Alya. Sadakat lies and says no. Sada asks Boran if he would still want Alya if Cihan had slept with her. Then she changes the subject.

    Deniz wants to sleep with Boran that night, so Cihan and Alya also stay at the mansion. They go down to the kitchen that evening and make a snack of menemen, a Turkish egg dish with tomatoes and green peppers. They banter about adding onions. Boran sees them in the kitchen and gets jealous. He clenches his fist and wants to beat up someone.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lejos de Ti
    Thursday, 9/3/26, S2 E37 - continued

    Next day, Boran announces that he has his legal identification back. The next hearing will be in two weeks. (I think this would be the hearing that annuls Cihan and Alya's marriage.) Gurgun reminds Boran that the Bulgarians will know that Boran is alive. Boran is so intent on getting Alya back that he isn't going to worry about the Bulgarians until he needs to.

    Next, we are at the cemetery. A graveside service is being held for the little girl. Kaya consoles Zerrin. Demir comes, but he stands apart and watches. Ipek comes and walks up to Zerrin and hugs her. Ipek says she is sorry. (Of course, doesn't let on that the baby died because Ipek called Demir.) Demir hurries over to Ipek and says she has some nerve to be there. Ipek says she wouldn't have called Demir if she knew the baby would die. She says Kaya would hate her forever if he ever found out. Demir says he won't, and starts to plot something about getting Kaya back with Ipek.

    At the graveside, it is made known that Zerrin will go stay with Fidan, Sahin and Nare for the time being. Kaya and Cihan exchange meaningful glances when they see Demir. They are plotting something. - End episode.

    Comment - Someone wondered why Firfir always has his saddle on. I'm guessing the Deniz actor gets to ride Firfir everytime they go out to the ranch. And to save (rental) time, he is saddled up and ready to go.

    Scheduling note: Lejos de Ti will be pre-empted next Wednesday, September 9, for a special Wednesday NFL game, broadcast on Telemundo in Spanish.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lejos - recapping

    Is Thursday taken? I can do Thursdays. Sorry, Anastasia, I thought you were having a big old time recapping and wanted to do all days! Now we’ve overloaded you. Your recapping is hugely appreciated!

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lejos

    Im wondering how Zerrin lost her baby due to the accident. She didn’t even fall off the seat plus she had already passed out which means something was going wrong.

    I just love the scenes where everybody’s there, often many henchies too, and they all go off like a pan of popcorn, everybody yelling and often tussling. Those scenes are so well done and I got to wondering how the director brought them off. No time in a busy shooting schedule to practice dispute choreography or to practice lines for a very complex situation with everybody throwing insults. I bet the actors are improvising a lot. Anyway, those are great scenes.

    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  24. lejos
    S2 #37 comments and edits part 1

    Great recap, Anastasia. Thank you. It was a good thing you were able to save it for later.

    I’m very curious about the Bulgarians. Is it mean to hope they eliminate Boran from the series? Maggie, Zerrin said that regardless of the accident, she was in preterm labor. Can’t remember if that was in our ep or not. It’s too bad, if she got to the hospital sooner, they might have stopped it.

    The Kaya actor was fabulous in the Turkish episode.

    A lot of edits in this episode. These were the most interesting.

    They edited the reactions after the doctor delivered the news that the baby died. The scenes were very powerful. Fidan faints. Kaya chokes Demir, Cihan pulls him away. Ecmel and Sahin get into it. I really felt Kaya’s grief. He wails, how can I tell Zerrin! How can I tell Zerrin! Security had to intervene to keep peace. They wheeled Zerrin out of the delivery room, past everyone in the hall.

    Everyone waits outside Zerrin’s room. A nurse comes out to say Zerrin regained consciousness. Kaya asks if Zerrin knows about the baby. Nurse says no. Kaya starts crying again, how will I tell her? How will I look her in the eyes? How? She threw herself into the fire, next to Demir, so this child would live. She was silent before every pain. How will I tell her? How can I hide this in my heart? Alya and Cihan give him some support. Then we see Ipek lurking and watching this. She cries and whispers, I’m sorry, Kaya, I’m very sorry.

    Here is what really played through the hospital scenes.
    Türkü: Gayrı Dayanamam Ben Bu Hasrete/I Can't Bear This Longing Any Longer - Muhlis Berberoğlu · Fatma Aydoğan
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Iq7kdY8WMM
    Translation: https://lyricstranslate.com/en/gayr%C4%B1-dayanamam-ben-bu-hasrete-i-cant-bear-longing-no-more.html

    Edit: Ecmel is disgusting beyond belief. He walks out of the hospital with Demir. He says, was I supposed to have a grandchild fathered by Kaya? It’s very good that it died. Demir says nothing. Ecmel asks him why he’s silent. Demir snaps, what should I say? In the end you got what you wanted. You did too, Ecmel replies, thank God the child is gone. You still have a marriage certificate. Even if Zerrin wants, she won’t be able to leave you. I’ve got your back. Don’t show your face in public right now. When it quiets down, take your wife back. Demir looks shell shocked. He leaves without responding to Ecmel.

    They edited Deniz driving around in his red jeep. Chasing after Kadir. Cute.

    Kitchen talk edit: Kadir tells Muzaffer and Ummu he saw it with his own eyes, Boran handed the child to Ecmel with his own hands. Muza replies, I don’t understand how a father can do that to his child. Kadir chalks it up to jealousy. Boran’s mind is clouded because of this.

    Pakize enters and slaps Kadir’s hand because he’s sticking his fingers in a pot of food. She complains that Boran took Deniz away from her. She admits Boran’s the father, but it bothers her that he’s constantly hiding behind the child and upsetting Alya’s life. Is it right to use a child like this? I feel sorry for Alya Hanim. Ummu tells her she doesn’t understand because she doesn’t have children yet. Everything stops when it come to children. Look at why Alya came from Canada. For the child. She endured so much. And why did she marry Cihan Bey? For the child.

    Kadir chimes in. And look, what was born from these trials? Love. What does this mean? Will Alya Yenge go to Boran for the sake of the child? Ummu says reason comes to a halt for the sake of the child. Kadir replies, I believe in Cihan Abi and Alya Yenge. I believe in their love. There is such a love that there aren’t enough novels [or dizis?] to describe it. Pakize looks impressed by this.

    ReplyDelete
  25. lejos
    S2 #37 comments and edits part 2

    Kadir continues, even if they made a movie, people would immediately go. It would explode! They don’t just have two hearts. They have two fires, two embers. Ummu hands him a plate of food and he pauses for a second. Kadir resumes, when these fires meet, they become a massive ember standing against the world. They stand tall! That’s to say, they have such love that anyone who sees it becomes envious.

    Pakize is getting emotional listening to this, it looks like she wipes a tear, while preparing food. They will eclipse enemies, Kadir states, the stars will be jealous, something will happen to the moon, to the earth… They love each other so. And for the sake of this love, they would die if necessary. He looks Pakize directly in the eyes when he says this. And you realize he has been talking about his love for Pakize as well. She nods and another tear falls from her eye.

    Muza gets bent out of shape and mocks, so what does the poet say about this, Kadir Efendi? He shouts at Kadir—what does he say?! Kadir is subdued and starts to eat. Muza asks Pakize, what is wrong with you? Why are your eyes filled with tears? Kadir waits for Pakize’s response. Ummu interjects, she was cutting onions. Kadir speaks up. She was moved by what I said, she was impressed and felt it. I was speaking in verse.

    Muza replies angrily, in verse? You were speaking in verse? Is that so, Kadir? You were telling this to Pakize in verse? Kadir denies it. Pakize finally speaks, he was telling it with such feeling, and besides, I was cutting onions. My eyes have become very sensitive lately. Muza may or may not be buying this, but he says, let’s go to the doctor and ask, we’ll see what it is, daughter.

    Kadir looks at Pakize and says, yes, go, have them examined. We’ll see what’s behind those eyes. There is a lingering look between the two and Muza throws down his utensils. Ummu tells Pakize to put the food in the oven. The spell is broken…

    They cut some of the hospital scenes. Zerrin will be discharged in the morning. Nare empathizes with Zerrin about losing the baby. Sahin comforts Kaya. Kaya and Zerrin talk about divorcing Demir. A nurse comes in and says there’s too many people. Kaya wants to stay in case Demir comes. Fidan says she can take care of Demir and worries that Kaya will only cause trouble. They argue a little. Sahin steps in and says he will leave people at the door, so no one bothers them. Let Kaya stay. Fidan gives in and tells Kaya to take good care of Zerrin.

    Edits to the menemen scene. Alya had no clothes left at the konak, so she took something of Cihan’s. He remembers. It was something she wore before in an early episode. We see a flashback to her sleeping on the green chair and Cihan covering her with a blanket. Alya watches Cihan prepare the menemen. He warns her not to interfere. There’s a grand debate on whether onions belong in menemen. He’s pro, she’s con. [this is serious debate IRL.] He asks if they make it with onions at the hospital cafeteria. They do not. He threatens to fire the staff. We see Cihan making the menemen. Then it continues with what we saw in our ep.

    After menemen there’s a song with montage of Alya and Cihan in their rooms, reflecting on their impossible love. She touches her locket and he looks at the birthday present bracelet.

    Song: Herkes Yaralı/Everyone is Wounded – Sezen Aksu
    YouTube with CCs available: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apnBxPlq-0I

    I’ll probably have the Friday ep up tomorrow. Thanks again, Anastasia.

    ReplyDelete