Thursday, July 16, 2026

TELEMUNDO Y MÁS (#2): Lejos de ti, El Señor de los Cielos, Golden Boy, y más: Week of July 13, 2026

TELEMUNDO WEEKEND EDITION (continuación)

Here's Page 2 for the week. The current telenovelas are as follows (all times are Eastern Daylight Time):

9 -10PM El Señor de los Cielos 10 (final season)
10-11PM Lejos de ti (season 2)
Yali Capkini/Golden Boy

Everyone is welcome to join in the conversation. Since discussions of all the novelas share the same page, please remember to put the name of the telenovela you're referring to at the top of your post, so readers can easily find the conversations they're looking for.

By common agreement, this group DOES NOT discuss previews, trailers, or any other plot information not found in a current or past episode of the current production. Spoilers WILL be removed by the admin. This includes reference to earlier productions of the story, and even the original novel. Thanks for your cooperation!

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
Lejos

Just to quickly say, I imagine we expected Alya and Cihan to get it on yesterday. But they are not lusty kids. They are working through guilt towards Boran. They are working through hating and hurting each other. And they are working through not having touched each other in a romantic way before. So I liked the one kiss when they were done talking. Give them a little time, then they will produce the legitimate Cihan heir.

I don't think we know who the mysterious woman in the graveyard is.

I will do the recap for tonight's episode.

 

Lejos

Mine's daughter is in the USA with her father. I don't remember if Mine gave up custody willingly to advance her own career, or if the father sensed mental health problems on Mine's part and took the girl away.

I imagine the father's name and girl's name is known, and Sadakat got someone in the Turkish diaspora to track her down and get a photo Could have been done awhile ago.

 

golden

Terrific recap, Babachita. Finally able to watch #73 tonight. This dizi is starting to remind me of Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown. We keep seeing these two stumbling around and never properly connecting. So in #73 Suna eggs Seyran on to flat out tell Ferit she's "ready". We get our hopes up, and then Gulgun waylays Ferit on the stairway and bam, Ferit is back in the doghouse.

What Ferit was telling her made sense. Yes, he told Pelin his marriage was just going to be a sham. But a lot has changed since then. Even when he wrote that he loves her, she just can't let herself be vulnerable.

I agree with what Ferit said. I'm tired of Pelin and her mother. It's just stupid that Pelin and her mother think of her as such a tragic figure. She's a lovely young woman. Surely not everyone in Turkey knows what happened with Ferit. She needs to pull up her socks. Of course, her mother is grasping and trying to get her daughter into the Korhan family. Thus she's not trying to get Pelin to let this go.

I am noticing that Kazim has had a major personality change. And Esme as well. Kazim was horrible and abusive when he was introduced. His daughters ate leftovers in the kitchen. Esme looked practically suicidal. Now she's flirting with Kazim. He's a buffoon but seems to be kinder.

Why is Halis automatically down on Asuman and Fuat's adoption plans? Is his blood supposed to be sacred and a child who doesn't have it would be inferior?

I also enjoyed Sadik's big smile at Ferit's salute. I also think Ferit is doing a good job, despite all the distractions. Charm wouldn't work on that guy unless Ferit shows promise in his work..

I found the "bring him back to the yali" thing confusing. Halis is still living with his family, just going to work every day. That phrasing seemed odd to me.

I don't think they'll divorce, but this one step forward and two steps back is wearing on me.
 

"SENOR10"
Anastasia, Novelera, Babachita, Halimacandy, Dondi356, SpanProf & Co: Howdy from the Alamo City CarayCaray Family. Here's my super-short recap of last night's episode.

*Hothead Diana & Felina inform Aurelio on the plans to take down Cifuentes.

*We see Slippery David talking to Cifuentes on the phone, while Isturiz & Co., are following his every moves.

*The Computer Hackers get outfoxed again LOL.

*Constanza tells Dahlila & the federal law enforcement officers about the latest developments.

*Interested to see if the federal law enforcement officers can catch the computer hackers ASAP.

*When Rutila asked about Ismael, we see Felina, Hothead Diana & Isidro looking down before Aurelio comes in to carefully inform Rutila that Ismael was killed.
 

Lejos

My afternoon got hijacked by other people. I will do the Thursday recap later.

 

lejos

Not to worry, Anastasia. I watched Golden Boy last night and then got hooked on a movie on Netflix. Then I realized I hadn't watched the novela. I'll watch it sometime this afternoon.
 

golden

Thanks, Babachita. Great recap as usual.

It’s always something with Seyfer. Lol, novelera, “Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown.” And the crowd will go wild when Ferit finally gets to score that field goal!

I guess they are trying to wash Kazim a little. But the saying goes, “a wolf changes its coat, but not its nature.”

Song when Seyran is getting ready: Aşk Yok Olmaktır/Love is to Disappear - Mabel Matiz
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTm114iMCVI
You can get English CCs or there are Turkish lyrics in the drop down you can Google Translate

Song when Ferit is on the balcony: İçimde Fırtına/A Storm Within Me – Mert Ramazan Demir (Ferit)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhnFRzug9Qo
Turkish lyrics are in the drop down you can Google Translate

This song was written specially for MRD to sing. There is also an instrumental version of the song.
“The road is long, let the end be you.”

I’ll take #74. If not up on the weekend, then on the new Monday page.

 

Lejos de ti (Uzak Sehir)
Season 2, episode 3
July 16, 2026 Thursday
Part 1

This was an impactful episode. (Sorry.)

Ecmel, home from prison, wants the town's men to meet him in the town square to kiss his hand and pay tribute to him. He wants his whole family with him to support him. This now includes Nare. Sahin has to convince Nare to go for love of Sahin. She knows this would look like she was betraying the family of her birth. Cihan, Kaya and Sadakat show up. They face off with Ecmel. Cihan says Ecmel is a traitor. Ecmel says Cihan usurped Ecmel's right as leader of the Alboras. The crowd pulls guns on Cihan. Sadakat is not happy to see Nare supporting the Ecmel branch of the family, but when Nare gets Sahin to get the guns lowered, Sadakat nods to Nare in approval. Nare then faints, probably as a technique to break up the argument. Demir watched all this at a slight distance from his car.

Cihan sees the cemetery mystery woman on the street. He stops her and asks her why she put flowers on Boran's grave. She says that she was the wife of Boran! Later, at the hospital (why they were there explained below), this woman shows up there. Her name is Emel? Cihan asks her again why she was at the grave. She faints. I think her doctor said she had lung cancer, and perhaps something about her sanity? ("Cordura"?) I didn't have a chance to rewatch this scene with English subtitles online.

{Okay - Full recap got Comment too long. I hope I can split it here, and copy back in what I wrote.}

 

Lejos de ti
Season 2, episode 3
July 16, 2026, Thursday
Part 2

Mine has been locked in her apartment. She tells the henchmen guarding her that she is ill, her baby is in danger, and she needs to go to the hospital. When they all get to the car, she climbs into the drivers' seat and drives off, leaving the henchies behind.

Mine drives to the mansion and wants to see Cihan. Mine confronts Sadakat, Alya and Cihan. Cihan offers to take her to see Ecmel to tell him the family secret of Boran being Ecmel's son. Alya follows in a second car. Cihan tells Mine she has a choice. If she tells Ecmel, she will lose his support (presumably familial and financial). He does tell Mine that her daughter in the US will be safe from Sadakat.

Alya comes to talk to Mine. Mine is so jealous that she starts to drive the car towards Alya, who is standing in front of the car (and does not try to move sideways). Cihan sitting in the pickup truck sees Mine driving to hit Alya, and he drives the truck to ram Mine's car. Unfortunately, the truck hits Mine's car at the driver's seat. Mine is injured badly. And there is concern about her baby. Cihan calls an ambulance, but Sadakat didn't want him to.

This was near Ecmel's house. Ecmel in a car shows up. Mine says Cihan sacrificed Mine and the baby to save Alya. Ecmel knows that Mine was coming to tell him something (she called Ecmel last episode), and he thinks Mine was injured to stop her from telling him something.

They get to the hospital. Besides superficial cuts to Mine, the collision caused significant injury to the baby's placenta. Mine and the baby is rushed into surgery. Dr. Alya informs everyone that in these situations, the priority is the mother. Several people try to get Alya and team to switch the priority to the baby, but she insists the protocol is the mother has priority.

Ecmel declares that he is going to denouce Cihan for ramming into Mine.

The doctor team and Alya come out of surgery. Unfortunately, the baby could not be saved, with the placenta so damaged and bleeding out. Mine, however, was saved. Cihan, although having lost his baby son, says that he would crash his vehicle into Mine's again to save Alya. Cihan wanted to be the one to tell Mine when she woke up after surgery that she had lost her baby, but Sadakat got to Mine first, and told her in a hateful way. (The writers have Sadakat say exactly the wrong thing in every situation.)

Mine accuses Cihan and Alya of killing the baby (by ramming her car), although Alya tried to save the baby, and Mine tried to run over Alya in the first place.

Ecmel declares he will go to the hospital to ask Mine why she wanted to see him.

Sadakat puts henchmen by Mine's door to keep unwanted visitors out (like Ecmel). Sadakat wants the documents about Boran's parentage recovered. And I think she threatened to kill Mine.

End episode.
I believe Babachita is doing the Friday episode recap.


 

lejos

Anastasia, just a reminder. The word we put at the top so future viewers can find the recaps is just one word, actually just a series of letters. For Lejos de Tí it's lejos, all lower case. I believe you or someone may have wondered if Lejos with upper case L is OK. I really don't know. When Juanita and I create labels for a telenovela prior to its premiere, we follow the custom we've known for decades and always make all the letters lower case. Maybe it's fine with the upper case first letter. I don't really know.

Thanks so much for the fine recap. I liked the way you condensed things. Yep, a whole lot happened.

When Season 1 ended, Sadakat very sadly asked Alya to take Cihan/Deniz with her to protect him. It seemed to me to herald a softening in her stance toward Alya. Boy was I wrong!

It seemed to me that Cihan was fairly effective in his denunciation of Ecmel and his demand for fealty. Cihan told everyone that no one had ever done such a thing before. In my view this put Ecmel in a bad light. I thought I heard some murmuring of agreement.

Geez! Introduce a new character that might have been Boran's wife, perhaps making Alya's marriage into bigamy. And then give her a terminal illness and drag things out.

Mine is truly delusional. She rants from her hospital bed about everything being Alya's fault. [I agree Alya should have jumped clear, but that's the way the writers wanted it to go. I assume that's so the complication of where her baby would live and how they'd work out custody is resolved.] Did Mine expect Cihan to let her run over Alya? And, if Alya hadn't rushed to Mine right after Cihan hit the car and noticed her condition, she wouldn't be alive to be dishing out recriminations.

I am disappointed in Sahin. He's still under Evil Papí's thumb. He should have sided with his wife when she didn't want to go to Ecmel's extravaganza and betray her brother.
 

lejos

Ftiday’s Episode 4 summary will be up Saturday afternoon.

I also think Ecmel lost some respect. Cihan always seems to get more respect from the crowd and from the leaders. That must make Ecmel crazy!

Mine has never been a favorite of mine! She’s so jealous that she’s now a very loose cannon.

Thanks for getting us started!

Babachita
 

"SENOR10"
Howdy from the Alamo City CarayCaray Family. Here's my super-short recap of last night's episode.

*Cifuentes gets shot & he's triggered by the fact that he cannot bring down Los Casillas.

*Hurricane Rutila in 84, 83.....

*Slippery Dave also gets shot & Hothead Diana drops him off at the hospital.

*Dahlila gets cornered by Felina, Skinny & Co., it appears Computer Hacker Girl got backup.


 

Lejos
Wow, I didn't realize There was a second season . When did it start? What time is it on Telemundo? Susan
 

Lejos de tí

The second season started just this past week on July 14, so you have only missed four episodes. It runs at 9pm Central, 10pm Eastern.

 

Lejos
Anatasia, thank you ..it seems the craziness continues . Susan
 

lejos
Lejos de Ti – Uzak Zehir – Far from Home
Episode 2.4 #1 of 10
“Una drastica solucion” “A Drastic Solution”

Note: I wanted to differentiate between lejos episode 4 season 2 from lejos episode 4 season 1. So, I am using this system to help me keep my records straight, the first number being the season and the second number the episode. Episode 2.4 means episode 4 from season 2.

We start with a recap of last episode, with Mine trying to crush Alya against a wall with her car. She is only stopped when Cihan rams her car with his SUV. Mine is hurt by the collision.
This happened outside Ecmel’s home. He watches Mine being placed in an ambulance and comments that she was going to tell him something. Sahin asks Ecmel what she was going to tell him. Ecmel tells him he will find out.
Cihan is very impactado, and Kaya tells him that sometimes, doing the right thing is what hurts the most. Kaya tells him he did the right thing, no matter what happens.
Ecmel, meanwhile, tells his group that he is going to file charges against Cihan. He says that he can get lots of recordings of the crash and he can put Cihan in jail.
Back at the konak, Sadakat threatens Alya about keeping Mine’s baby alive. She assures Sadakat that is what she hopes for. Then Sadakat says what she’s really thinking: If Mine survives, She’ll talk to Ecmel. Alya emphasizes again that the mother must be the priority, that is the law. Sadakat continues to harp at Mine while the group is accompanying Mine in the hospital on the way to a procedure. Sadakat spits at Mine that none of this would have happened if she hadn’t insisted on going to his door, none of this would have happened.
Ecmel is watching this and asks where they are taking Mine. Cihan asks why it matters to Ecmel and tells him to care instead for his wife and children.
Cihan: Leave us in peace.
Ecmel: This woman was coming to my place and it’s obvious she must have something important to tell me.
Sadakat: What could she say? Get out of the hospital. [As if she is in command of the hospital!]
Fidan: Shut up. My husband isn’t talking to you!
Sahin tries to calm his mother down.
Alya: Ma’am, we are in a hospital, please.
Ecmel, wagging his forefinger threateningly: Listen, Alya. You’d better not be thinking of ending her life only to keep her from talking.
[I’m appalled that Sadakat is indeed thinking of that, and that Ecmel suspects it. What kind of people expect someone to be murdered in the hospital! Yet it also shows us that these people know one another very well.]
Alya comes out of the room and tells Cihan that Mine is alive and out of danger but that despite their best efforts, the baby died.
Mine points at Cihan and accuses him of ramming her car. She says that Cihan and Alya murdered her baby. Alya shakes her head. Cihan tells her to calm down, that this isn’t the time.
Mine: You want me to calm down. I just lost my baby! And you dug its grave. You’re shoveling dirt on it, and you tell me to calm down?
Cihan: You were the priority for Mine. She had to save your life and that’s what she did. That’s why the baby died. There’s no other reason. So, stop saying stupid things.
Mine: And who was your priority? It was always Alya. You sacrificed your own child’s life to save her.
Cihan sighs heavily.

Babachita
 

lejos
Episode 2.4 #2 of 10

The family is eating a joyless dinner in the konak.
Sadakat: Cihan, I want those documents before Mine is discharged from the hospital.
Cihan nods.
Kaya: Well, if you hadn’t attacked her, maybe she would have given them to you. Now you need to wait. She won’t give them to you.
Sadakat: We’ll retrieve those documents and be done with this.
Alya reacts to this: Ma’am, what do you mean? Be done with what?
Sadakat: It means I’ll finish the job that you couldn’t do.
Alya reacts in horror. Cihan: Mother, that’s enough. We are talking about a woman’s life.
Sadakat: She is not a woman. She is a harpy. A poisonous snake.
Alya: I can’t believe this.
Sadakat: If she gives Ecmel those documents, we’d be ruined.
Cihan: A demon and a serpent? Was it not you who brought that woman to the konak? And conspired with her in the living room? How quickly you forget what you did. If she’s a demon, why move her into the house? You seemed to greatly appreciate her.
Alya looks at Sadakat.
Cihan: What changed, Mom? You went from moving her into the konak to sending her to her grave. Why? I’m so tired, and you have no limits. You’re not to harm a hair on her head, you hear me? Don’t you dare hurt anyone. I’m warning you.
Cihan and Alya stand to leave. Kaya also gets up and says he will finish his dinner in his room.
Sadakat yells after them: Great. Keep treating your mother like a murderer. Ecmel is lying in wait, and if that harpy gives him the documents, they’ll ruin all of us this time.

Up in their suite, Alya joins Cihan where he is sitting on his sofa. He appears lost in thought. Deniz hasn’t yet fallen asleep; he is drawing. Alya tells him she is worried about Cihan. He tells her he is OK. Cihan: It’s a comfort having you here.
He motions her to join him on the sofa.
Alya: If it had been anyone else, I’d think they were carried away by their anger. I’m talking about what your mother said. But knowing its Sadakat Albora…. She already shot me, Cihan. Should I show Mine the scar from the bullet wound? She needs to see that your mother’s not lying. Maybe then she’ll understand and give us the papers.
Cihan tells her not to do anything more, to stay out of it. I’ll handle it.
Cihan: Look, the day I took Mine’s hand and took her to Ecmel so she could tell him everything, you showed up and tried to lower the temperature. And what happened?
Alya: Wait, are you blaming me?
Cihan: You’re not to blame for what happened. But, you almost died, Alya.
Alya: Well, I didn’t but your child did. You lost your child.
Cihan: You did what you could. Don’t blame yourself. Don’t feel bad about what happened. In fact, I should face Ecmel and tell him everything.
Alya: No, don’t do that. Just the thought of what could happen is terrifying.
Cihan: The more we hide it, run away from it, it will just get worse.
Alya: I don’t want your mother to be right in the end. I agreed to stay in this konak, I agreed to fight. I accepted everything, you know that. But if I ever lose my son, then I’d be losing everything. I couldn’t take it.
Cihan: No! We’re not going to lose him. Don’t think of that.
He embraces her and tells her nothing bad will happen.
Deniz comes bursting in. He asks what they were doing. They tell him they were talking and he wants to join them. Alya reminds him that it’s bedtime. She slips and calls him Deniz once and he corrects her. Then he agrees to go to bed. He jumps in the bed and says he will sleep between them. All three climb in. He tells them he likes to stand on the balcony with his hands behind him, just like Cihan, and look at all Albora. Cihan laughs and says that Kaya will have to put him on the board of directors. Alya tells him he needs to concentrate on school first. She tells him he needs his sleep.

Babachita
 

lejos
Episode 2.4 #3 of 10
Cihan is surprised how quickly the boy fell asleep. Then the adults discuss their conversation. Alya really doesn’t want Deniz [I’m going to call him Deniz, even though they now say Little Cihan, just for clarity.] to follow in the family business. Cihan says he won’t push it, but if Deniz decides that’s what he wants. Alya says it’s way to early to discuss.
[I’m enjoying the happy couple against the world this season. They support one another well. It was nice to see Alya talking with Cihan after which he was able to relax a bit. He has needed a helpmate.]
Cihan asks if she remembers him asking if he wanted to have a child. He tells her he promised Cihan he wouldn’t have any siblings, but when Mine told him she was pregnant, I felt different.
Alya tells him she understands. He tells her that’s why if he ever had a child of my own, I want it to be with you. He tells her Mine knew he wanted a baby with Alya, not with Mine, and that’s why she went crazy. That’s why I feel responsible somehow. Alya reassures him that he is not responsible for what happened.
Cihan continues: Alya, I didn’t fall in love with you when things were going well. I fell when things were at their lowest. That’s what makes this love so important to me.
Alya looks like she’s about to fall asleep, but he continues.
Cihan: Alya, if you ever let go of my hand, if life ever separates us, remember me.
They smile at each other.

We see a bright sunny day. Cihan is at his office with Erol and Kaya. Erol is making a report: Emel Bakir, 42 years old, born in Bursa.
Cihan is surprised the mystery woman isn’t from Mardin. Erol says she hasn’t ties to any family. She lived in Toronto for ten years.
Coihan: Was she ever married? Does she have kids?
Erol: There’s no record of a marriage in Canada, but we couldn’t find any details of her life there. She lived in different neighborhoods and moved frequently. I’m afraid that’s all.
It’s as if her life in Canada were erased.
Kaya: Could it have been done on purpose?
Erol: She arrived in Turkiye approximately two years ago. In Istanbul, she was diagnosed with cancer, but she rejected the treatment and went to Mardin.
Cihan: Do we know if she has relatives or acquaintances here?
Erol: No, but she began the cancer treatment in Mardin, and her condition is very serious. That’s why I think it’s likely she visited Boran’s resting place perhaps for one last time. That’s all I can think that makes any sense.
Cihan: She said he was her husband.
Erol: Cihan, there’s no official marriage certificate. It could have been a ceremony, a promise, or some sort of oath taking.
Cihan: Boran? He would never have done that. Keep investigating. If the woman does anything, let me know.

At the YONCA hospital, two henchies are outside Mine’s door. A nurse enters, and Mine tells her no, thinking Sadakat has sent her to give her a shot, but she is just delivering a note from…Ecmel. She calls him. He tells her that the unfortunate accident happened on the same day they were going to be in contact. He promises that everyone responsible will get what they deserve.
Ecmel: But if you’d tell me what you know, it would greatly help. Feel free to talk.
Mine starts to speak: Look, Ecmel…
Just then Alya walks in. Alya: Mine! What are you doing? Give me that.

Babachita
 

lejos
Episode 2.4 #4 of 10
Alya grabs the phone just as Sadakat walks in.
Alya says that Mine was having breathing problems. Meanwhile, Ecmel is trying to talk with her on the phone.

At Ecmel’s home, he is saying “Hello” over and over, trying to get Mine to answer. In walks Sahin, who asks Ecmel who he was talking to. Ecmel looks at Sahin but doesn’t answer.

Back at YONCA, Alya tells Sadakat that she came at a bad time and that it’s not appropriate4 for her to be there. Mine is in no condition for visitors.
Sadakat: Be quiet. You’re talking too much. Where are the documents, Mine?
Alya repeats that this is inappropriate and that Sadakat needs to leave.
Mine says she can’t breathe.
Sadakat: Enough. Your tricks can’t deceive me. You might fool her, but you don’t fool me. Where are the documents?
Alya again tells her to stop and leave.
Sadakat: I won’t leave.
Mine says she can’t breathe through clenched teeth, not very convincing, but at least she’s trying to back up Alya.
Alya calls for a nurse.
Sadakat, forefinger making exclamation points: Don’t bother. But, Mine, if you don’t give me the documents, I might walk out of that door, but your next stop will be the morgue! You know I mean it.
Alya again insists that Sadakat leave as a nurse enters. One she has left, Alya tells the nurse she can handle it, and finally, they are alone again.

Ecmel and Sahin are talking.
Ecmel: Ms. Mine was about to speak, but the call was cut off. She has something important to tell me. She knows something, but she’s scared.
Sahin: Maybe it’s none of our business, Dad.
Ecmel: Stop talking like your wife! I have evidence.
Just then, Cihan walks in. Kadir, Muzzafer and Kaya follow.
Cihan shakes hands all around: How is everyone?
Ecmel: How dare you walk in like that. Who let you in? This is my home and rats like you aren’t allowed in. Get out!
Cihan: At least say hello back. How rude. I came once, but don’t worry I won’t be back.
Sahin: What do you want?
Cihan: We had a license to increase capacity, but somebody revoked it. Ask your father who did it and why.
Sahin: Did you have something to do with that, Dad?
Ecmel: Yes, I revoked it. Why, what’s the problem?
Cihan: Listen, Sahin. You mentioned justice, giving an honest fight.
Ecmel: Look, just when you mention justice, here’s the snitch and the traitor who kept me locked up.
Ecmel rushes toward the traitor, but he is restrained by Sahin.
There are insults back and forth.
Ecmel tells Cihan that the traitor, whose name I can’t recall, is wrong. Ecmel says he’s a ware with Cihan and his family. He is the one who canceled the license, and “if I could, I’d do it again.
Get out of my sight!”

Babachita
 

lejos
Episode 2.4 #5 of 10
Cihan: Whoever revoked that license, reestablish it! Or I’ll obtain that license, the files, and those signatures myself. Ecmel, don’t provoke me. Same for you, Sahin. Don’t do it.
Sahin turns to leave.
Kaya has to get in a last word: Mistakes come at a cost, and you will pay.
Ecmel: Wow. Ms. Sadakat raised her students well.
Sahin: Atsiz, come here. Go revoke that prohibition right now.
Ecmel: Sahin!
Sahin: If you impede it, I’ll report what you did, Dad.
Ecmel: Are you crazy, son?
Sahin: Do what I said, quickly, Atsiz.
Ecmel: Calm down and keep your cool. Cihan is expanding his factories, and we’ve cornered the market. We have the tribe on our side but we’re still in the red. If we don’t stop Cihan, we’ll be squashed like bugs. We need to fortify ourselves. If we need to poison the salt and remain sitting at the table, understood?
Sahin: Over my dead body, Dad. A person claiming to be a leader doesn’t act like that.
Ecmel: If a sentimental man like you attempts to take over that position, sooner or later, Aziret will end up in Cihan’s hands. That’s what will happen.
Sahin: I’d rather have honor than power, Dad.
Ecmel is left swearing at his executive desk.

Back at the YONCA, Alya asks Mine if she gives the documents to Ecmel, what does she think will happen.
Alya: Sadakat will kill you. She means it. That woman isn’t joking. She’ll finish you off. Do you think Ecmel can protect you? He will take what he needs from you and abandon you without looking back. What do you think this is? It’s revenge. You still have revenge on your mind, but in the end, you’ll destroy only yourself. You have a daughter. Think of her. Think of you and your daughter.
Mine cries pitifully.
Mine: I loved Cihan. So much. But not once did he ever look at me the way he looks at you. It really hurt me, Alya.
Alya: I know.
Mine: The pain is so strong that it tore me up inside. I couldn’t take it anymore. I hated you so much.
Alya: I understand. I’m a woman and I understand. You’ll meet someone who truly loves you, Mine. Somebody to take care of you, if you let them. Let it happen. I’m going to tell you something. Do you want to save yourself? Now’s the time. You still have time and I can help you. Don’t you miss your daughter? She must miss you, don’t you think? You can take your daughter with you and go where you want. Cihan would support you financially and nobody would ever find you. You and your daughter would finally be free. Just give me those documents.
Mine: Alya, can you get me out of this hell?
Alya: If I do, will you give me the documents?
Mine: Sadakat won’t let me leave.
Alya: I’ll hide you. I’d find a safe place. I’d buy the tickets and you could leave. Will you give them to me?
Mine: First, get me out of here and I’ll give them to you afterward. I can’t give them to you right now because I don’t have them here.
[Although this is probably a good plan, I’m thinking that this is never going to work. Mine is crazy and will never manage this. IMHO.]
Alya looks hard at Mine: I want to trust you. And I will. Have faith, everything will be fine. Just choose the right side. I’m going to trust you.
The women continue to stare at one another for a long time.

Babachita
 

lejos
Episode 2.4 #6 of 10

Kaya drives up to the university. Ipek walks up.
Ipek: I thought you’d gotten lost, Mr. Kaya. I waited for you. I was there, phone in hand, thinking you’d apologize. But no, then I thought, what if I were engaged to someone else and you didn’t even know it?
Kaya: I’m really sorry, Ipek. Your right. But we had some family problems we were dealing with. That’s why I couldn’t come. What kind of problems? Family problems. I can’t’ say more.
Ipek: Kaya, what is there that we can talk about?
Kaya: Ipek, can we not stretch this out? Talk to me. I’m here, at your side. We’re together.
She holds out both hands, for him to take.
Just then we see Zerrin approach. She stops when she sees them holding hands. [I was just thinking this might have been by accident, but no, she must have known Zerrin was coming their way!] Then Ipek embraces Kaya, who responds.
Zerrin is impactada and turns away to go to the coffee truck. Kaya has yet to see her. Ipek has a triumphant expression as she watches Zerrin.
Ipek: Oh, Zerrin! Did you know she’s going to have a baby?
Kaya nods.
Ipek: Let me ask you a question. If we have a baby, would you want a boy or girl?
Kaya: It doesn’t matter, as long as they are healthy.
Ipek continues to flirt, saying she hopes the baby would have his eyes. Kaya is not into this conversation, and says it’s time for them to go.
Ipek, never missing a trick, asks if they can get coffee and drink it in the car.
Kaya is surprised: From here, Ipek? Doo they have good coffee?
She tells him he will love it. A classmate of Zerrin’s smiles (might be a little bit leering) at Zerrin as Kaya and Ipek approach. Zerrin is sitting at a separate table.
Ipek: Hi Zerrin, how are you?
They go order coffee.

Back at the YONCA, Alya is supervising Mine being wheeled out of her room for a procedure. Apparently the “Rescue Mine Caper” has begun. The henchies ask her what is happening. Alya tells them she is going to Intensive Care because her pulse is falling. The henchies look concerned, but they can’t follow her into the ICU. When they get to the ICU, Alya tells the orderlies to take her inside and she will handle the rest. They leave as Alya thanks them.
Once alone, Alya tells Mine to change into clothes that are waiting there for her. Alya paces around.

Sadakat comes running out of the konak, talking with Seyhmus on the phone: What are you talking about? Where was she taken?
Seyhmus: I don’t know much. Her pulse dropped and she was taken to Intensive Care.
Sadakat: I hope the harpy dies.

Alya brings Mine out and shows her the car. Alya gets in and drives.

At the university, we see that it was indeed a leering look the guy gave Zerrin. He gets up and walks over, sitting at her table. “Good morning, beautiful.” She frowns at him: Don’t talk to me and walk away!
Guy: Hey, don’t be mad. I just think you’re pretty.
Kaya is now watching this.
Zerrin: You’re probably not from here. If you don’t leave, you’ll be in big trouble.
Guy: Relax, it’s not illegal to call you pretty.

Babachita

 

lejos
Episode 2.4 # 7 of 10
He reaches out to touch her hand. She slaps him away: Don’t touch me!
Kaya comes over: What is your problem? I will break his hands. Didn’t you hear her?
Zerrin gets in the middle to prevent bloodshed, and Kaya suddenly is holding her close.
Kaya: Did he hurt you?
Zerrin: I’m OK. How about you?
Kaya: I’m fine. Relax.
They hold hands and then guess who shows up. Not Ipek, but Demir!!! He runs up and pushes Kaya away: Get away from my wife.
Kaya pushes him back: Don’t mess with me!
Ipek pulls Demir aside. She tells him someone was bothering Zerrin, and Kaya defended his cousin.
Demir: What are you talking about? Don’t be stupid. This idiot wants Zerrin. Open your eyes, Ipek. You really can’t see it?
Ipek looks impactada.
Demir: Your fiancé is in love with my wife. Don’t be naïve.
Ipek to Kaya: Is that true? Tell me, is it true?
Zerrin: It’s true.
[I’m so confused! This suggests that Ipek was unaware until just then of the relationship between Kaya and Zerrin. But why then was Ipek setting up situations to show Zerrin that she and Kaya were now together? I must have missed something, but these seem to contradict each other.
Zerrin: We were in love once. But that’s in the past now. It’s over, Ipek.
Ipek: Answer me, Kaya. Were you really in love with Zerrin?
Kaya: It’s true, but that’s in the past. Nothing remains of that love.
However, throughout this Zerrin and Kaya stare at each other with great longing.
Zerrin: You heard him. It’s over.
She gets her things and tries to take Demir with her.
Demir: Just a second. You really expect me to believe that lie?
Zerrin finally pulls him away. Kaya is impactado.
Kaya (to Ipek): What’s the problem? I said it was over, OK? Did you hear? We’re not in love anymore.

Alya has taken Mine to a hotel that belongs to a patient. She says that no one will find her there. Alya opens the room with a key. [I love all these buildings built with rock!!!]. Alya gives her some medicine and tells her she should take another every hour.
Mine: Thank you, Doctor.
Alya: Good. Now give me the documents, Mine.
Mine tells her she doesn’t have them with her. Her friend Cenk has them. She says she will call and he will bring them.
Alya: Mine, does he know what’s in them?
Mine: I’m not stupid. I keep them locked away.
Alya: And when can he bring them?
Mine: As soon as I ask him. I’ll call and he’ll bring them.
Alya gives her a cell phone: Call him.
Mine: Hello Cenk. How are you? it’s Mine. [Blah blah blah, I can see Alya thinking as Mine delays with small talk.]. She finally asks him to bring the box to the hotel. She thanks him and says she will be waiting.
Alya asks when, and Mine tells her it will be that evening after he’s through with his rounds.

Babachita
 

lejos
Episode 2.4 #8 of 10
Alya: I really do want to trust you, Mine. She tells her to keep the cell phone. Now I need to get back to the hospital. I’ll be back tonight to pick up the documents, and we’ll sit down and discuss everything else. You need to rest.
Mine prepares to rest and Alya reminds her again to take her meds. She tells her she can lock the door with the key if she wants.
Alya walks out to the hallway. She looks exhausted. Her phone rings.
Cihan: Hello!
Alya: Cihan?
Cihan: What is it, Alya?
Alya: I have something important to tell you.
Cihan: Go for it. You raised your eyebrow, which means you’re worried.
Alya: Where are you?
Cihan: Why don’t you guess.
She finds three friendly faces looking at her from the stairs: Cihan, Muzzafer, and Kadir.
Alya: What are you doing? Why am I surprised?
Cihan: I knew you’d do something like this, so I sent Kadir and Muzzafer to look after you. Old habits are hard to break, right, Alya?
Alya tells M & K she appreciates them, and they decide to give them some space.
Mine is, unfortunately, looking out her window and watching all of this. Her crazy face is visible as she watches the couple together.
Cihan asks where Mine is, and Alya indicates the room but pulls him back from going there. She tells him she was going to call and tell him about all this. He reminds her that she does this over and over.
Cihan: Is this how it will always be?
Alya: Are we going to have a fight here?
Cihan: If you want.
Alya: I talked to Mine. She wants to do the right thing, and I want to believe that she will give me the documents. She just wants to be with her daughter now. She’s willing to start over. I told her we’d financially support her so she and her daughter can relax.
Cihan: Alya, not everyone is like you think. Why can’t you understand that?
Alya: I want to believe her. It’s the best result we could hope for.
Cihan: Does she have the documents?
Alya: She gave them to a doctor friend, but he doesn’t know what they are. He will bring them tonight and I’ll take them from her.
Cihan: OK, I’ll join you tonight.
Alya agrees.
Cihan: I don’t trust her. I trust you.
Alya: I know. We have to have faith. And, by the way, thank you.
She reaches out and embraces Cihan: Thank you very much, Cihan.
We see that crazy Mine is watching their affectionate interaction.
Cihan smiles: There you go again. It’s always the same thing with you. You go full steam ahead, listening to everyone except me.
Alya: Why should I listen to you?
Cihan: That’s just you. What can we do about it? The truth is I like that in you. Well, a little bit.
Mine is impactada and grabs the cell phone: I’ll show them.
We see Ecmel’s phone ring as Mine calls him.
Ecmel: Mine?
Mine: Mr. Ecmel. I need to give you the documents as soon as possible. Just tell me where and when.
Ecmel: On the outskirts of Midyat. I’ll send you the location. How about 8PM?
Sahin just happens to overhear this.

Babachita
 

lejos
Episode 2.4 #9 of 10

At Demir’s house, he and Zerrin are arguing. Zerrin asks him why he keeps bothering her about Kaya. Demir tells her he doesn’t want Kaya touching her. Zerrin replies that he didn’t touch her. Zerrin: Didn’t you see him with his fiancée?
Demir: He’d better not dare!
Nadim, Demir’s father, leaves his room to see what all the fuss is about. He is bandaged and has many wounds.
Demir: Father, how are you?
Zerrin: Get well soon.
Nadim: Shut up! Is she still here? If she doesn’t leave, I’m going to deal with Cihan, Demir.
Demir: What’s wrong with you? Don’t mention that idiot’s name in my house.
Nadim: You know very well who caused all this! Ecmel. And you’re lying under the same roof with his daughter!
Zerrin: My father didn’t do anything!
Nadim: Then who, who did it? I’m not responsible. This is indefensible. Get out of this house (to Zerrin).
Zerrin bows: With pleasure. I’ve had it up to here.
Demir stops her: You’re not going anywhere.
Nadim: I want her to leave! She needs to leave.
Demir: She isn’t leaving. She’s staying here, don’t you understand? She stays. Go to your room (he tells Zerrin). Demir follows her.
Nadim shakes his head in frustration.

It’s evening. Alya is at her hospital desk, finishing up. She checks her watch and takes off her lab coat. She tries to call someone, but gets the unavailable message. It must have been Cihan, because she says: Come on, Cihan! She sits briefly and then gets up to leave.

There is a big roadblock on the highway. The commander says the road will be closed for an hour when Kadir asks. Kadir thanks him, but knows this is not good news. He walks back to join Cihan, Muzzafer and Kaya in the car. Cihan is furious about the hour delay and tells him to talk to them again. Tell them it’s an emergency. Kadir tells them there’s nothing they can do. No one is getting through.
Cihan is thinking hard.

On the balcony of Ecmel’s konak, we see this Albora family enjoying dinner al fresco. Well, perhaps not enjoying. Fidan has prepared a nice meal, but everyone is picking at their food. Ecmel keeps checking his watch. Fidan asks him if Ecmel liked the food they prepared. He tells her it’s too salty. [He sure is being a jerk, after being in jail so long!].
Ecmel gets up: Enjoy.
Fidan: Where are you off to so late?
Ecmel: I have work.
Fidan explodes: You’re exasperating! Leave your plates there. Get up so I can clear the table! Didn’t you hear me? Unbelievable.
Sahin and Nare look at one another sadly.
Sahin: You recently told me I don’t trust you. I’m going to tell you something to prove that I do. Don’t forget this. After I tell you, you’ll have to trust me too and be patient. Are you ready?
Nare: Sahin, don’t scare me. What’s going on?
Sahin: My father is meeting with Mine soon. She called him, and I didn’t interfere. Let’s let them meet. If she really has nothing to say, it will be over and this matter will be resolved in a way that’s best for everyone. Unless you have something to tell me.
Nare: N-No.

Babachita
 

lejos
Episode 2.4 Episode #10 of 10
Sahin seems doubtful. He takes her hands.
Sahin: Then we won’t tell anyone. Everything will be revealed tonight.
Nare is very impactada. She knows that what Mine has will destroy her whole family, because it will reveal Sadakat’s deep secret.

Alya walks to Mine’s room in the hotel. Inside, Mine and Cenk are talking. He tells her he came as fast as he could. She tells him she is OK.
Alya enters: Good evening.
Mine: Here’s the box. Cenk was just leaving.
Cenk hands her a key and tells her the car is outside. Mine thanks him. See you later.
Cenk: Take care. He leaves, wishing them both good evening.
Alya: Are those the documents?
Mine looks really crazy. She shows Alya the key to the box.
Alya: let’s get this over, OK? Give them to me and then we can talk about what we can do for you.
Mine sits down and opens the box. The documents are in a plastic bag. Alya opens the bag and starts to look over the contents. Mine loses control and hits her over the head with the box that has sharp metal corners.
Mine: Are you crazy? What you two feel is too much for me to take! I can’t stand that you’re in love!
Alya tries to get hold of the documents while holding her head. Mine grabs the documents and leaves the room.
Alya runs after her, yelling Mine over and over! But Mine has a head start. Both women are wounded. Mine makes it to the car and drives off. Alya gets in her car and follows her.
There’s a full moon. Alya honks and honks as she drives after Mine. Mine keeps an eye on her pursuer and keeps driving.
Back at the hotel, Cihan is walking to the room. He can see that furniture is strewn about, the box is open, and no documents are there. No Mine nor Alya either. He tries to call Alya.
Cihan: Alya! Are you OK? What’s going on?
Alya: Mine got away, but I’m following her. I’m OK.
Cihan: Where are you?
Alya: I don’t know, but she’s leaving Midyat.
Cihan: Don’t go anywhere and stop following her. I’m on my way.
Alya: I won’t wait. She’s got the documents and she’s taking them to Ecmel and my son will be in danger. Sorry, but I can’t wait.
Cihan: Alya, for once listen to me! (She has hung up.). I knew that this would happen.

Ecmel is checking his watch as he waits for Mine. He is in a clearing overlooking the city. He sees two cars approaching. Alya is finally able to do a maneuver and blocks Mine.
Mine: What are you doing?
Alya: Mine! Mine!
Mine: Are you crazy? Do you want to die?
Alya: I just want you to listen for a minute. You’re putting yourself in danger, Mine.
Mine waves the documents: Ecmel will see these documents and find out that your son is his grandson. That way you will suffer, too.
Alya: Don’t you dare, Mine!
Mine: I will destroy your love, destroy your beautiful mansion. I will destroy all the Alboras.
All of a sudden, there is a gunshot! It looks like Mine was hit. My money would be on Sadakat. It appears that Ecmel hears the gunshot, too.

End of Season 2, Episode 4

Babachita
 

lejos

Thanks so much, Babachita. They have doubled down on Sadakat being bad to the bone. After the finale of Season 1, I was wondering if we were going for an Azize Aslanbey redemption for Sadakat (a character in Hercai). But she's a tad worse in Season 2 than Season 1. Alya mentioned that Sadakat shot her. I had forgotten that.

Ecmel is a complete scumbag, but he was framed by Sadakat's brother who, IIRC, joined Ecmel's company and did something at his sister's request to get Ecmel in the slammer for all of Season 1.

Mine says that Cihan sacrificed his child for Alya. As if he thought through that the result of saving his wife would result in a miscarriage of his child.

I am once again baffled by Turkish culture, at least those in Mardin. Why would Ecmel have any right to take Alya's child from her simply because the deceased Boran was his biological child?

Perhaps you saw something, Babachita, that I missed. To me Ipek seemed dense and completely unaware of anything between Zerrin and Kaya. OTOH, for most people, instinct tells them when "he's not that into you." She didn't seem to ever get that. Of course, the nutcase Demir couldn't keep his trap shut and revealed everything.

So, Babachita, you thought Mine was shot by Sadakat? Of course, I immediately stop my recording when it there's a cliffhanger, lest I see any of those previews. It seems more likely that it was Mine than Alya being shot. But the scene left plenty of doubts.
 

lejos

I agree, Novelera, that an Asize redemtion is unlikely here. Sadakat is so awful. I hate how she gets to be so hateful. The family makes ineffective efforts to stop her. Grrrr.

My guess at the shooting is just that. I have no evidence. I haven’t seen any previews. She just seemed the one with the most to gain. And she’d not bat an eye at a firearm!!!

Babachita
 

Golden

Just checking in to say I still read the recaps but am so far into season 2 because this train wreck of a show needs some resolution for me, I can't stop watching it. As a result I've skipped the Univision shows all week.

Unfortunately, or fortunately as the case may be, it is not dubbed in Spanish so I'm listening to it in Turkish with not so great captions by Turkish123.com. I now know Pelin in Turkish is wormwood, lol. Abi is to, etc. I'm not getting my Spanish fix as a result. I miss interacting with you all, I'll see you on the other side of this disaster if a show...(On episode 65 of the Turkish series. I think there are a total of 101 episodes). Reddit reviews say not to bother with seasons 2 and 3. Dondi, have you watched ahead?
 

golden

FYI. There are some of us who have watched ahead and others doing it along with us, and some like me doing both. We plan to continue in some way after the ending of the first season. But we’re still a few months out. We’ll try to have summaries if possible.

Babachita
 

golden

Kat, I watched all 101 episodes as they originally aired weekly in Turkiye. I thought the first season was excellent. It broke rating records and had a worldwide fanbase. It was sold to over 120 countries.

Second season went downhill quickly, but it still had some moments. I agree, the third season was a total trainwreck. The ratings crashed and it didn't even make it to the end of the season.

The fanbase felt betrayed by how the series was handled. Many thought they should have finished the show at the end of the first season (#36). And actually, the first season was supposed to end with #37 but they decided to hold it for the second season. Hindsight is 20/20.

I suppose that Telemundo was smart to end it where they did, but I think they should have edited it to include some of #37. Those who know, know what I mean.

Neyse... I was hooked on Seyfer as played by Afra and Mert. They had chemistry off the charts. I had to see how it would end. All this said, I don't regret watching to the end. Seyfer will always be a beautiful memory for me.

I am willing to continue some sort of review/recap/discussion of the dizi if others are interested. We can figure it out after we get to the end of our Telemundo season. I don't want to spoil anything for those watching here.

Vamos Argentina!

 

Golden

Dondi, I thought maybe you had finished it. There are definitely interesting characters in season 2 which has kept me interested. I'm watching 67 currently in Turkish and am really lost. (Couldn't even find it on daily motion so I'm watching on YouTube, no English CC's). Now I know how some of our caray family feel only understanding a word or two. I've got the names down so those are some of the words, lol.
 

OT -

I'm sorry that Argentina lost, but Spain proved it was the better team.

 

Lejos Monday

I will not be watching Lejos Monday night. We are going to the Brewers game unless the smoke is still bad. I could possibly watch the episode Tuesday morning, if I remember, and do a quick recap if someone else hasn't jumped in first.
Thanks Babachita for the Friday recap. I didn't see most of Friday's episode, because Dear Husband wanted to watch the exciting Brewers game on TV.

 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder