Thursday, August 13, 2026

TELEMUNDO Y MÁS (#2): El Señor de los Cielos, Lejos de ti, Golden Boy, y más: Week of August 10, 2026

TELEMUNDO WEEKEND EDITION (continuación)

Here's Page 2 for the week. The current telenovelas are as follows (all times are Eastern Daylight Time):

9 -10PM El Señor de los Cielos 10 (final season)
10-11PM Lejos de ti (season 2)
Yali Capkini/Golden Boy

Everyone is welcome to join in the conversation. Since discussions of all the novelas share the same page, please remember to put the name of the telenovela you're referring to at the top of your post, so readers can easily find the conversations they're looking for.

By common agreement, this group DOES NOT discuss previews, trailers, or any other plot information not found in a current or past episode of the current production. Spoilers WILL be removed by the admin. This includes reference to earlier productions of the story, and even the original novel. Thanks for your cooperation!

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
golden
Golden Boy – Yali Capkini – Poder y traicion
Episode 82 #1 of 7
“Trapped”

Halis is listening to Kazim’s apologies on the phone while he is at the dinner table with the family. Kazim tries to tell him his daughter is a little ill, which, of course, she is after the beating Kazim gave her. He promises that he will be at the yali the next day to leave Seyran in Halis’s care. Halis tells him he shouldn’t spoil the girl. [No chance of that!]. Halis continues to goad Kazim, asking if the money they paid him wasn’t enough. Kazim wonders how to answer that, when Halis asks if he is trying to get more land and calls him ambitious. We see that the family is not enjoying listening to this. I can’t tell, but I suspect they have to hold off eating while Halis is on the phone.
Halis: Tell her nobody will cry for her in this house, and if they dare cry for your daughter, I swear I’ll gouge their eyes out with my own hands.
We see Ferit on the point of tears. He probably knows that Seyran has received a beating.
Halis ends the call by handing the phone to Latif.
Halis asks if Ferit heard him, as Ferit is blinking back tears.
Halis: You shouldn’t cry over any woman ever again. I won’t allow it. Did you hear me?
[I’m wondering if Halis has shed any tears over Hattice in the past.]
Ferit wipes his tears and looks at his angry grandfather, replying that he did hear him.

At the Sanli home, Hattice says she warned Kazim that Halis would be upset. Kazim says he didn’t say anything. He tells her the only guilty one is Seyran. He heads back to hurt Seyran more, and Hattice tells him to stop because they are in iftar. The three women in the room can hear Kazim and Hattice arguing outside their door. Kazim opens the door, with Hattice telling him he won’t hit his daughter again.
Kazim stands in front of Seyran: Look at me. Only for the love of the Quran am I not beating you in the face right now. So tomorrow, when you return to the yali, they can recognize your beautiful face. But if after all this, you insist on not going, I swear on the Quran, that if I don’t beat you and leave your face unrecognizable, then I’ll no longer be the son of Mr. Sali from Antep, Mr. Kazim. Do you hear me?
Seyran: I won’t go back, Dad.
Kazim lunges at her, and Hattice and Esme stop him. Hattice tells him to stop it. She tells him to let Seyran sleep, that she’s confused.
Kazim: I was confused and made a mistake. What I should have done with her is to drag her back to Mr. Halis. I made a mistake. Do you know the insults I’ve received because of you? Stupid. You’re a dam ingrate. I won’t touch you from now on, I won’t. But every one of you will pay for what she did. All of you.
Kazim and Hattice leave the room. Esme holds her daughters, begging Allah to not let this end in tragedy. She leaves them alone and closes the door.
Suna kisses Seyran’s forehead. They hold each other, crying.

Ifakat looks so very pleased with herself, still at the dinner table. She asks Sultan to take the staff back so the family can talk. Halis wants to know what’s going on. She tells him it has to do with the employees. Halis wants to know what the rush is and tells her to come to his room after dinner. Ifakat tells him it is a family matter and that everyone needs to hear it. She says she could have kept it to herself, but it’s very serious. Latif looks concerned. Ifakat tells them that Abidin attacked Sultan out of nowhere.


Babachita
 

golden
Episode 82 #2 of 7
Orhan: What?
Asuman: It must be a misunderstanding.
Ifakat: I’m sure Sultan couldn’t misunderstand it. He was about to choke her. Then, he just left. No one knows why or where he is.
Halis: Latif, why didn’t I know any of this?
Latif: I had no idea. It must have happened just before the iftar.
Ifakat, finally getting to her real goal: Well, Mr. Latif, it seems running the household isn’t just giving the stuff money out of your own pocket.
Halis: What do you mean by that?
Ifakat: This month, Mr. Latif paid them a bonus from his own salary. I noticed when the accounting department sent the household account statements. The money didn’t leave those accounts, but I’m aware of the bonuses.
Latif: If you’ll allow me, sir, we could speak in your room.
Halis gives a frustrated sigh: Is what Ifakat said true?
Orhan is shaking his head, and the others are also impactados.
Halis asks again, and Latif tells him it’s true.
Latif: They complained they were tired. I wanted to handle it personally to not bother you.
There’s quite a contrast between Latif’s concerned expression and Ifakat’s smug expression.
Halis: Since when do you think you’re in the position to pay my own employees, Latif? What am I not giving them that you’ve tried to compensate with your own money?
Latif tries to answer, and Halis tells him to be quiet.
Halis: Who do you think you are to think you can go over me? Do you think you can dictate the rules, that you’re the master of the house because I gave you power? [There’s that word again: power.]
Halis: Get out of my sight.
Latif leaves.
Ifakat is eating with gusto while everyone else is sitting, stunned.

Pelin is sitting in a café waiting for Gulsah. She arrives but doesn’t look thrilled at being there. Pelin thanks her for coming. Gulsah says Pelin kept sending her texts, and she thought something was happening.
Pelin: I’m sorry, but I had to see you. It’s about Ferit. He’s not well.

Back at the yali, Ifakat strides into her room and takes a seat, looking very satisfied. She thinks for a minute and calls someone. This person inhabits a dark home full of dead animals, stuffed and mounted, and other frightening things. When the phone rings, the person has to use a wheelchair to reach the desk where the phone is. When he answers, we find out it’s Saffet, disabled in that gunfight years before with Halis and Hattice’s brother. We only hear her side of the conversation.
Ifakat: Good evening, Mr. Saffet. I’m calling because I think it’s time to handle the issue of Mr. Kazim. He’s no longer of use. Don’t mention it. There’s no need to thank me. Good night.

Ferit walks into his suite, very conflicted. He wanders around a bit and then calls Seyran, but the phone rings and rings. He thinks she is being petty. He grabs a jacket and heads out.

Back to Pelin and Gulsah. Pelin asks about how Ferit was in New York. I guess this is his old girlfriend. Pelin says he always spoke well of her.
Pelin: I know you don’t see each other now, but I know you wouldn’t want anything bad to happen to Ferit.
Gulsah: Of course not, Pelin.
Pelin: That’s why I wanted to see you personally. He’s not well and no one’s on his side.

Babachita
 

golden
Episode 82 #3 of 7
Gulsah: I understand.
Pelin: I’m sure if you call him, pretending you’re thinking of him, he’ll meet with you. And then you can tell me, just so I can relax. I know him. He’ll want to see you.
Gulsah: Fine, I’ll call him. I didn’t know it was so serious.
Pelin: That’s why I’d appreciate if it stayed between us. [Now I’m sure this is part of the Zerrin-Ifakat plot.] There’s no need to let Ferit know about this.
Gulsah: Why? Besides, I don’t hide anything. It’s best if he knows it. I don’t care what happens, you’re very worried about him. He’ll feel better if he knows.
Pelin: Whatever you decide. I just want to know if he’s OK.
Gulsah: Don’t worry, I’ll let you know. You can relax now.
Gulsah notices an expensive bracelet that Pelin has been showing off and asks where Pelin bought it. She tells her she has been looking for one all over town. Pelin tells her that her mother bought it in London. Pelin takes off the bracelet and offers it to Gulsah. Gulsah tells her it’s too expensive and she can’t take it.
Pelin: I’d love for you to accept it.
Gulsah declines. This back and forth goes on for some time, and finally Gulsah accepts the bribe, er, bracelet.
Pelin: Gulsah, remember that all I needed to know was if he is OK? It would be enough for me to see him from afar. Could you text me when you see him?
Gulsah doesn’t answer and Pelin tells her it doesn’t matter. They stand to leave.
Gulsah: Something you need to know is that I’m Ferit’s friend, not yours. So, don’t expect me to do something that’s bad for him or betray his trust in me, understood?
Pelin: I don’t expect any of that, Gulsah. Don’t worry.
They say goodbye.

Ifakat saunters down the hall toward Halis’ rooms. Orhan tells her he really admires her. She asks him why.
Orhan: For how you crushed Latif.
Ifakat: I didn’t do anything. He’s the only one responsible for this.
Orhan: I don’t know. I should fear you. Do you have a moment to talk?
Ifakat: Why?
Orhan: Because if you’re going to talk to my father, I’d like us to evaluate the situation first.
Ifakat: Orhan, your situation is the least important to me right now. Right now, I’m the most important one in this house.
She walks away.
Orhan is very unsettled.

Halis is settling into his bed and looks fragile. Ifakat knocks on the door. He tells her to enter.
Halis appears to have something like heartburn or palpitations.
Ifakat: I was worried about you. I know you chose Mr. Latif for this task, and you didn’t ask for my help. Allow me to serve you.
Halis: My pains are increasing. On the contrary, I would do it myself. Can you get me a glass of water? I should take my medicines.
Ifakat goes to get the water.
Halis gets up and walks to look out his window. She takes him a glass of water and his meds, which she places on the table. She walks over and starts going through his clothing.
Halis: Leave that. Don’t do it. That type of work isn’t for you.
She ignores him.

Babachita
 

golden
Episode 82 #4 of 7
Halis: You don’t have to do it.
Ifakat: Serving you will always be my job. I’m sure Mr. Latif will regret the mistake he’s made. If you don’t want him to serve you, Sultan and I will assist you in his place.
Halis nods his head: Thank you Ifakat.
She sits next to him and puts her arm partly around his shoulder. He is a little slow to respond but finally turns so that she can massage his shoulder. She asks where he feels pain. He tells her it extends everywhere.
Ifakat: You’ve been overworking yourself, sir. You get mad at us, but you punish yourself. If you value my opinion, don’t work tomorrow. Rest for a day. Besides, if Seyran returns home, you could talk to her. She never listens to us.
Halis tells her to stop.
Halis: What do you think will happen with those kids, Ifakat?
Ifakat: You have more experience than anyone, sir. Tell me, because at this point, I don’t think things will work. If a woman can’t respect her husband, and uses any excuse to run from home, especially if she’s always running to her father’s house, what kind of marriage is that? I think, if they at least had kids, but maybe that’s for the better. Now, I won’t hide what I’m feeling, sir. If I had known then, I would never have allowed us to be related to that family.

At the Sanli home, Seyran and Suna are still in their room when their mother enters with something to drink. She tells them their father is bathing, so she made this milk and honey in secret. She hopes they will like it and it will make them feel better. She extends one to Seyran. Seyran: I don’t want any, Mom.
Esme: That’s not right, honey. You haven’t eaten anything. At least drink that. Don’t make me worry.
Suna: Thank you, Mom.
Seyran starts to drink and agrees to finish it. She winces in pain from her beating. She tells Suna her stomach hurts, so she doesn’t want to finish the drink: Dad hit me too hard. I don’t want to eat, sis.
Suna: Seyran, listen, it doesn’t matter, we at least tried. You tried to defend yourself from what Ferit did. When you return, you’ll make him suffer.
Seyran: I’m not going back, sister. What else are they going to do to me? Lock me up by force? I’d rather die.
Suna: Seyran, I understand. I’m also furious with Ferit but listen. That wasn’t a normal day. Our mother spat in his face.
Seyran: He’s probably dumb enough to think it was raining. Which of his mistakes should I forgive? I can’t forgive any of them.
Seyran’s phone rings. It’s Ferit. She shuts it off.
Suna: I wonder if anything happened at dinner.
Seyran: I hope they suffer. If he wanted to call, he should have done it earlier. Answering’s a different question.
A message comes through to Suna.
Suna: Seyran, Ferit send a message. He’s in the parking garage. He says to come down.
“I’m in the parking. If she doesn’t come, I’m going up. It’s her decision.”
Seyran: What nonsense! Dad is here.
Suna tells her he will come up if she doesn’t meet him. It would only take her two minutes.
Seyran says they will catch her. She can’t go down.
Suna: Mom said Dad was showering. You can talk to Ferit and come back. No one will notice, Seyran.

Babachita
 

golden
Episode 82 #5 of 7

We see her walking to the parking from the elevator.
Seyran: What are you doing here? Didn’t I tell you not to follow me?
Ferit: I’m not following you. I came to speak frankly with you. What are you doing? Just tell me.
Seyran: What didn’t you understand, Ferit? I’m here, don’t you see? At home with my father.
Ferit: What are you trying to do? How could you hang up on Grandpa?
Seyran: I didn’t do that to your grandpa. Ferit, understand.
Ferit: I don’t understand how you could do it. My grandpa loves you and always defends you.
Seyran: There’s no point in continuing this conversation.
Ferit: Exactly. You’re right, it’s done. Tonight, at dinner, I saw clearly that this is done. How could you? I know you’re mad but take it out on me. Why didn’t you come back? Seyran, my grandfather called your house. Why do you do this? Have you gone crazy?
Seyran: I haven’t, but they have. We’re in this disaster because of the decisions they made for us. They should suffer the consequences, because I’ve suffered too much.
Ferit: Yeah, what have you suffered, Seyran? Drop the dramatics. What are you saying? Anyone who hears you would think I torture you every day.
Seyran: You always misunderstand everything, Ferit.
Ferit: You or me? Tell me the truth, Seyran. Tell me what you’re doing here. What are you doing in your father’s house? Did you have a nice chat with him? Did you open your heart to your father? Let me ask you something. Was what you did really worth it? How will you look me in the eye when you go home?
Seyran: I won’t, because I’m not going back.
Ferit laughs: You’re really funny. You said you’re not coming back. Are you trying to mess with me? Do you think this is a game? I suppose the Istanbul air’s making you ill. Grandpa says you’re coming back. Your father says you’re coming back. And you think you won’t? Where are you getting that from, Seyran?
Seyran: We’ll see. Will I or won’t I come back?
Ferit: You’ll be dragged back, Seyran. You’ll do it happily. And I’ll say something else. Then you’ll say I’m right, but it’ll be too late.
Seyran: Like you coming here, right? I already told you not to follow me. And look where you are now. Go. Get out of here!
Ferit: Seyran. Look. This time, there’s something weird here. You’re making a grave error. [For a second, I thought if he was thinking something “weird” was going on, that Ferit might be figuring out that there is a plot. But apparently not.] Don’t do it. You have to be reasonable.
Seyran: I am, Ferit. Don’t worry.
She walks off quickly.
Suna is holding the front door open and tells her to hurry. Suna asks what happened. Seyran tells her she had to put him in his place. Suna hurries her away from the front door.

Ferit is driving through Istanbul. His phone is ringing. It’s Gulsah. He looks pleasantly thoughtful.
Ferit: Hello, Gulsah?
Gulsah: How are you, Ferit?
Ferit: And you, what’s up? Did something happen?
Gulsah: I’m going home, I bought stuffed pasta and thought of you. (Ferit smiles.) One of those nights in New York, you were hungry for manti (Turkish dumplings) and we were looking everywhere. I remembered that.
Ferit laughs out loud: That’s true. It was incredible. I remember. But tell me, what did we do that day? We ate something horrible. What was it?
Gulsah: Chicken pizza.
Ferit: Chicken pizza! (He continues laughing.) I miss those days a lot, you know?
Gulsah: If you’re not busy, we could meet up tomorrow. I’ll be here a few days. I miss you.
Ferit: Sounds good. I miss you too. Besides, I think it’ll do me good.
They agree and he tells her he will text her the next day. They hang up.

Babachita
 

golden
Episode 82 #6 of 7
His phone rings again. It’s a message from Ifakat: I spoke with Mr. Halis. If you’d like, you can take a few days off work. Your grandfather’s not going to work tomorrow.
Ferit texts back: Is Grandfather OK?
Ifakat writes back: I hope we all will be OK soon.
Ferit thinks hard as he drives.

In his room at the yali, Latif is reading the Quran. He is very unsettled.
There’s a knock. It’s Abidin.
Abidin: We have to talk, Mr. Latif. Today in the kitchen, there was a situation between Sultan and me. If you found out, I want to apologize.
Latif: Aren’t you ashamed about what you did in front of everyone?
Abidin: That’s how it happened. I didn’t come to apologize to Sultan. I’m resigning from my job.
Latif is surprised.
Latif: Have you thought it over well? Are you sure?
Abidin: I am.
Latif: Fine. As you wish. If that’s your decision, go to the accountant and ask him to pay you. Don’t expect me to ask you to stay.
Abidin: I don’t expect anything from anyone. I just want your blessing.
Abidin leaves Latif’s room. Shortly after he walks down the halls and looks at his phone. He types a message to Suna that he has quit, but then he erases it. He looks up and sees Ifakat at the top of the stairs, looking down at him (in both senses). He takes his bag and leaves.
We see his haunted expression as he walks away from the yali.

Later, Ferit comes in. His father is waiting. Orhan asks where he’s been. He tells him he went out for some air. Orhan asks if they can talk for a moment. They go into Orhan’s room.
Ferit: Actually, I didn’t go to get air. I went to see Seyran.
Orhan: If you came back alone, then I take it things didn’t work out?
Ferit: How else would it have gone, Dad? What does Seyran want? I don’t understand what she’s trying to do. This isn’t working. Once again, she reacts so dam foolishly.
Orhan: I thought her father would convince her to the contrary. Dad was very hard on him. I’m sure she understood the gravity of the situation.
Ferit: Yeah, I suppose. Grandfather got involved in this, but Seyran won’t change her mind. I don’t understand it.
Orhan: Don’t worry about it. Somehow, we’ll resolve it. But it’s not your fault. We’re the ones at blame here.
Ferit looks at Orhan: What are you saying?
Orhan: Making you marry a girl from Gaziantep wasn’t a good idea. Was all this worth it? All these problems? Son, they say there’s hope in everything. Maybe the best thing for you is to get divorced before it’s too late.
Ferit sits forward: You think the same? (He starts playing with his wedding band.)
Orhan: Son, look at the situation. You know Kazim. We gave him land worth millions of dollars, and he still won’t cooperate. He’s a strange, uneducated, ambitious, impertinent man and you know it. Anyone, including you, would hesitate to invite him to dinner. No one knows what a man like him is capable of. Be careful, Ferit.
Ferit: But Seyran and Suna are very different. It’s obvious they’re not like him, but you’re right. At the end of the day, Kazim is their father.

Babachita
 

golden
Episode 82 #7 of 7
Orhan: Son, when you get married, you don’t just get a wife, you get her family, and you have to accept them. You’re very young, but someday you’ll have a son. And when he grows up, those people will still be part of your life. You’d have to share all of their problems, even the slightest thing. You’d have to learn to deal with it.
Ferit: What are you saying? What should I do?
Orhan: I’m trying to show you the situation. Does the idea of that future make you happy? You don’t have kids. I think divorce is the best option.
Ferit stands up.
Orhan: But you have the final word on it.
Ferit: Thanks, Dad. I understand. Good night.
Orhan: I’ll rest before Suhur. Your grandfather’s not coming down. If you don’t want to go, don’t go.
Orhan: By the way, what happened to Abidin? What happened with Sultan?
Ferit: I have no idea. I assume he’s not here now. When he comes back, we’ll know. He made a mistake. There’s nothing to say.
Orhan: Sure. Anyway, you don’t have to worry about that. We’ll fix it quickly. Be well, son.
Ferit: I will.

Saffet is cleaning a gun. His room looks less threatening in the daylight. Saffet Jr is talking to him about Suna: Her eyes are so beautiful I never tire of seeing them. She’s so innocent and shy. I know she’d be the perfect bride. She seems so defenseless, one naturally wants to protect her. It’s as if a gust of wind could hurt her. I wouldn’t want anyone to see her or touch her. I wish only my hands could touch her skin.
Saffet: So, you’re really in love with that girl?
Junior: Grandfather, please. I beg you.
There’s a knock at the door.
A woman enters: I just wanted to see if you needed anything, sir.
Junior, angrily: Mother, don’t you see we’re talking about something private? Get out of here!
Mother: Forgive me, son. I didn’t know. If you need anything…
Saffet: My grandson said something. Didn’t you hear him?
Mother: Excuse me, sir. Forgive me, son.
Saffet: Where is his brother? Isn’t he back yet?
Mother: He said he’d be a bit late. Do you need anything? I can call him and tell him.
Saffet: When he gets here, tell him to see me. I have things to discuss with him.
He motions for her to leave.
Saffet to Junior: Now, give me the phone and go.
Junior: Yes. (He takes a phone from the table to Saffet.) Thank you, Grandfather. I’ll be outside.
Saffet: Go on, get out!
Saffet reaches in a drawer and takes out a photograph. It looks like young Hattice. His eyes get very big as he remembers something.


At the Sanli home, Kazim’s phone is ringing. He’s drinking coffee. He wonders who is calling.
Kazim: (We only hear Kazim’s side of the conversation.) Hello. Who? Saffet who? Ahhh, Mr. Saffet from Ilsan. Tell me, sir. I hear you. At your command, sir. Good evening. Tell me.
Kazim listens: Sir, we’ve heard a lot about your grandson, but we haven’t met him. (He nods). Of course, sir, we’d love to. (Listens some more.) I hope as soon as possible. I do, but sir you know, I have an aunt and I respect her opinion, so I’d like to talk to her first so she doesn’t get mad at me. (Listens.) Of course, sir. As soon as possible, like you said. My respects, sir. Goodbye.
Kazim, to himself, Allah Allah, I’d die for you, my Allah. When one door closes, another one opens.

End of Episode 82

Babachita
 

"SENOR10"
Howdy from the Alamo City CarayCaray Family. Here's my super-short recap of last night's episode.

*Babachita, Kat in SC, Darcy, Jarifa Halimacandy, Dondi356 & Co: I see that Constanza is getting suckered by the AI sequence LOL.

*The Bodyguard with the goatee is back with Los Casillas.

*Vitaminas, Skinny & Co., getting their weapons ready for something big: presumably against Primer Banco.

*Slippery Mauricio & Gullible David: Fast Forward.

*Felina & Consuelo crack me up.

*Cifuentes & Alfaro will die painful deaths whenever the time comes.
 

golden

Thank you, Babachita. Once again, you captured it all with style.

Very funny how the big issue became Seyran hanging up on Halis.

I wondered about Gulsah. Pelin noted that Gulsah and Ferit were “very close” in NY. IDK, platonic or not? Whatever the relationship was, they left it on good terms. Can’t tell if this is part of the Zerrin-Ifakat plot. For now, it seems Pelin just wants to know how Ferit is doing and what he’s thinking. She misses him and is worried. Should we be suspicious that she wants to be texted when Gulsah meets him?

It’s not difficult to find manti in NYC, although maybe not at 3am if that’s what they wanted. But there are 24 hr markets where you can buy frozen if you want to cook. Who the hell eats “chicken pizza” when there are thousands of better choices in the city 24/7. If it’s late night after drinking, NYC dollar slice, lol. Or go to a diner for breakfast.

Ha, ha, they edited out an advert for a facial moisturizer. Asuman comes to Gulgun while she’s doing her nightly beauty treatment. Yes, even in trying times, one must not neglect self-care! Neyse, it also included a nice MIL/DIL moment. Gulgun gave her full support to Asuman and Fuat if they still wanted to adopt.

Orhan and Ifakat are working separately towards the same thing for different reasons. He told Ferit, “There is good in every evil. Maybe the best thing is to separate.” He wants to get rid of Kazim, she wants to regain power in the yali.

Kazim is already counting on Saffet Ağa’s money.

The Ihsanlis don’t treat their women any better than the Sanlis do. Saffet still thinks of Hattuc. Those two old bulls are gonna fight over the heifer.

I'll post #82, probably on the Monday page.

 

golden

Thanks for the comments. I think you’ll be working on #83, not 82. But you’ll know that.

Interesting that manti is easily found in NYC. Sounds tasty! I can’t tell if Gulsah was a gf or platonic friend, but I assumed gf. He holds her in high esteem, so maybe platonic as he’s hard on gf’s.

I was also sure it’s part of the plot. Firstly, the complexity fits Ifakat-Zerrin. Hard to imagine Pelin thinking of it. The bracelet seemed like a bribe, but that could just be Pelin’s plan. And needing to be informed when they meet. I will drop from 100% sure to 95% and can’t wait to see what happens. Gulsah is astute and might not be a pliable pawn. (Are pawns ever not pliable, I ask!). So, just “a pawn” fits better.

Speaking of complexity, now we have the Ihsanli connection. I can see Ifakat and Zerrin sketching a flow chart of this far-reaching plot. I hope it goes down in flames. But Ishanlis are dangerous. Not a good fam to marry into.

Do the plotters both know the whole plan or is some of this just Ifakat’s side-plan?

Seyfer have to get back together soon. Lots of exciting episodes ahead!!!

Babachita
 

golden

Also, I loved that Gulgun and Asuman had a nice moment. Thanks, as always, for giving us that cut scene.

Babachita
 

Lejos

I went back and looked again at the comments from before. I had forgotten Anastasia that you said somebody could cover the Thursday episode. Oops! I didn’t take notes.

So I won’t be recapping it but I do have questions

Can people in comas get up and walk? Also wouldn’t Boran’s legs to too atrophied to hold him up? Yeah, he was walking kind of like Frankenstein , but he got pretty far.

Wouldn’t a bullet direct in the gut blast out the other side?

The townsmen showing up just to hang their heads and say sorry was kinda funny.

Are we nearing the end? I hope not! But now the townsmen understand about Ecmel and even worse for him so do his wife and kids. And now Cihan has blurted out the Terrible Secret. That leaves us with just Boran to sort out.

Maggie
 

Golden

I’m not watching this one but I sure noticed your giant recap Babachita! I salute your hard work!

Maggie
 

lejos

I'm doing a recap of #23. I'll post it in a little while.

 

golden lejos

Thanks Maggie. I’m still catching lejos when I can and you raise some good points. I wondered if Boran wouldn’t be too weak to do all this walking around. Perhaps he gets massages but I still think his jumping up and walking requires our beanies to accept!

The abashed townsfolk scene was funny. They should know who Cihan is by now!

The great reveal was stressful. Now all sorts of things are out in the open. Only Cihan could have done it. Sadakat could have, but didn’t not even to save her beloved grandson. Everyone else could have but protected her secret. I’m glad Cihan did it.

Babachita

 

lejos

Before I post my recap, I have some comments.

To clarify, Sahin gave the Hamada video to Ecmel in return for Ecmel getting his men to confess to clear Cihan. Sahin told Cihan and family this before he passed out.

Saklambaç is hide and seek in Turkish.

There have been quite a few edits in the last few episodes. Sorry I haven’t been able to keep up with them. They’re not critical but they would have helped to put some things into context and make some scenes and transitions look less choppy. They especially like to cut scenes with the help—Muzzafer and his family and Kadir. Too bad, they add a little light into the heaviness of the storyline.

Song when Sahin shot himself: Var Git Ölüm /Go Away Death- Karacaoğlan
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXBwebW6s_c&t=10s
There are English auto translate CCs available and Turkish lyrics in the drop down that can be translated.

 

lejos
S2 #23 part 1

Yalcin and Cihan fib and tell Sadakat there’s no change in Boran. They’ll continue to do all they can to help him get better. She’s sure that will happen. He will call me “Mom” again. Cihan goes to the balcony and asks Allah for patience. [Ask for me too, I’m getting tired of this.]

Deniz and Cihan are reunited after this absence. The boy asks about Kaya Amca. Alya explains in a gentle way. Deniz grabs his mother’s laptop and tells Cihan he made something nice he wants to show him. The three go to the bedroom and Deniz asks, can you guess what tomorrow is? Cihan knows but Alya doesn’t. It’s their wedding anniversary. Deniz shows them their wedding video. Cihan shuts it before it’s over. Deniz complains.

Then the kid insists that Dad takes Mom out to dinner and buy her a diamond ring. Cihan says they’ll talk later. Deniz insists and insists and insists. I guess Allah did not accept Cihan’s prayer for patience because he snaps at Deniz. [I can’t blame him since this kid is hella annoying…increasingly so.] Cihan immediately tries to apologize. Alya takes Deniz to his room.

Zerrin comes across Ecmel and Demir vowing revenge against Cihan and co. She rips into her dad and gets so worked up that she faints.

Cihan feels terrible about snapping at Deniz. Alya’s feelings are hurt too. She also shares her frustration and exhaustion over continually trying to protect Deniz from harm. Cihan explains his frustration over not being able to have a fulfilling relationship with her out in the open. Yeah, yeah, yeah, they love each other.

Edit: Muzzafer, Kadir, and Nare are with Kaya. He wants one of them to call Zerrin. He wants to hear her voice. Meanwhile, a doctor has come to check Zerrin. Fidan notices the call coming in and turns over the phone. Doc says Zerrin and baby are okay. Demir lets Zerrin stay. Ecmel sees him out.

Zerrin gets upset with Fidan. She saw the incriminating video, she saw what Ecmel did. Fidan says she’s not staying quiet out of loyalty, but that Ecmel is a hot blooded madman who would desecrate the Quran. Besides this is all Sadakat’s fault that Ecmel killed Boran. Zerrin recounts all Ecmel’s sins. What crime hasn’t he committed?

Fidan says think of your baby. Kaya hasn’t even contacted you. Zerrin grabs her phone to look but Ecmel returns. Once her parents leave the room, ahe looks at the phone. She decides not to call Kaya back. End edits.

Cihan meets with villagers outside the Albora konak. He explains what really happened and that Ecmel misled them. He warns them about going against him like this again. They ask for forgiveness.

The others return to the Albora konak. Muzzafer, Kadir, Hasan. They get ready to go to the hospital for Kaya. Cihan worries about Kaya’s sight returning.

Nadim returns home and he’s not happy with Demir. He didn’t even come to the jail to bring a change of clothes for him. Nadim says he put up with Demir because he’s his son but no more.

Doesn’t look like there’s a change in Sahin’s condition. Cihan comes to get Nare at the ICU. They cross paths with Ecmel, Fidan and Zerrin. It’s tense but there’s no blow up. Afterwards, Ecmel mumbles about showing Cihan what it’s like to lose a son.

 

lejos
S2 #23 part 2

Time to take the bandages off Kaya. The doc says his vision will be blurry at first. Ipek is present and Zerrin is watching from the doorway. The bandages come off and of course, the first thing Kaya sees is Zerrin. He calls her name. She quickly disappears. Sada says no, no, it’s not Zerrin, it’s Ipek. Ipek is devastated. The doc says it must have been the expected blurriness. He examines Kaya and says that otherwise all is well. Kaya apologizes to Ipek.

Sada wants Nare to come back to the konak. She wants to stay at the hospital with Sahin. Cihan insists, too. She goes with them. We see Zerrin lurking in the hallway. Cihan and Nare notice her but keep walking. Fidan comes and takes her away.

Edit: Zerrin has a mini meltdown in a waiting area. Same old stuff going over what’s happening. The baby is the only thing she has left. So don’t tell it’s Kaya’s. Yada yada yada. Demir and Ecmel come and they wonder why Zerrin looks upset. Fidan says that Zerrin was upset about Sahin, and she tells the two they are to blame for Sahin’s condition. end edit

Cihan and Deniz make peace. Sweet little scene. Deniz reunites with Kaya. More sweetness.

The family lets Kaya and Ipek have some alone time. She prayed he would be okay and she’s grateful. That’s all that matters. She realizes that even though he’s here, his mind is elsewhere. She says she made a promise that no matter what, she wouldn’t abandon him. She loves him so much. He tells her she’s a good person, a brave person. But he admits he’s stuck in the past. He knows this hurts her. He’s sorry and asks for forgiveness. She tells him she accepts the situation as it is. She’s stubborn.

Muzzafer tells Cihan there’s a charity bazaar (kermes) for an education foundation today. They forgot about it amid all the recent chaos. Cihan was supposed to give a speech. Cihan says they’ll go. Alya explains to Deniz what a kermes is. Cihan explains they are doing it to help orphaned children get an education. [what about Deniz’s education?] Deniz wants to go. It looks like Ayla and Cihan have misgivings about it.

Anyway, the whole family goes. There’s a spy outside the Albora konak that reports this to Ecmel. He notes that Deniz went with them. Ecmel gives orders we don’t hear.

The Alboras arrive at the kermes, and everyone greets them. Deniz asks Cihan, is that because you’re the leader? Sadakat proudly confirms it. Deniz stops at a table and picks out a bracelet. Muzzafer gives the woman a wad of bills. Take what we owe and give the rest for the children. Very generous. We see Ecmel’s henchies following them.

It’s time for Cihan’s speech. The family sits. Deniz whispers to Nare that he wants to get his parents an anniversary present. She tells him they can do it later. The kid complains as usual.

Cihan finishes his speech. A woman in the audience faints. Alya goes to help and everyone’s attention goes over there. Deniz takes the opportunity to make his escape to look for gifts. Nare realizes Deniz is gone. Panic sets in.
Deniz goes back to the table with the crafts. He’s snatched up by a henchie and starts shouting. The family runs after them, but the bad guys get away in their car. Car chase ensues. And of course, there’s shooting involved. [these people don’t do anything without shooting.] Our guys lose track of the baddies.

In the middle of this, Zerrin calls Nare, who worries that something happened to Sahin. Nope, Zerrin just wanted to know about Kaya. Nare responds that Deniz has been kidnapped.

 

lejos
S2 #23 part 3

The baddies bring Deniz to the appointed spot. IIRC, someone on the patio referred to these places as “rock number 348” or something like that. Ecmel and Deniz give each other dirty looks, lol.

Zerrin calls Demir to ask about the kidnapping. Is it true my dad did this? Are you with him? Did you do this together? She swears to kill him. He’s just a boy! Demir says, I don’t care if he’s a boy or a man. This is not my business. Ask your father what he’s going to do. He’s got the kid.

Zerrin demands to know where they are. Right, Demir replies, so you can go that tell that maggot Kaya and he and Cihan can figure out how to settle the score? Zerrin begs. Demir says no. He reminds her about her baby, and she shouldn’t see what’s going to happen. She threatens never to return home to him. He tells her they are in the hills. Zerrin tells her mother that they kidnapped Deniz and they’re going to kill him. They head to the site.

Ecmel gets his gun ready. The Alboras manage to find them. Of course, everyone has their guns out. Ecmel says the boy is in the car. They are awaiting his signal to kill him. There are shouts from both sides to put the guns down. No one does.

The women arrive on the scene. Alya is frantic. Cihan has to hold her back. Ecmel threatens to shoot Deniz again. Cihan blinks. He tells his guys to lower the guns. Alya begs Ecmel to let her son go. Sada begs too.

Ecmel starts shouting that they are trying to end his bloodline with what they did to Sahin. This is his revenge. Zerrin and Fidan arrive. Fidan starts pleading. Ecmel waves his gun at her to step aside.

Cihan tells Ecmel, Sahin did this because of you! Ecmel calls him a liar. Fidan speaks up—I saw the video! Sahin showed it. You had Boran killed! Admit it! Everyone is stunned.

Ecmel admits it. Yes, I had Boran killed. I’m responsible! Sada shouts—may Allah take your life, you monster! Ecmel points his gun in her direction and responds, you are the monster!

Alya shouts out to Deniz—don’t be scared. She begs again to let her son go.

Ecmel recounts, you put me in prison to rot for years! You took all that was mine! I did everything I could to protect my son, but he still chose you. I couldn’t keep him away from you! And now you’ve destroyed my bloodline. I had a son and you stole him from me! I’m going to hit you where it hurts most. You will find out what it feels like to lose a son, Cihan.

Ecmel raises his hand to signal. Cihan blurts—that boy is your grandson! Ecmel turns around, what did you say?

And we are out!!

 

lejos

Many thanks, dondi356 , for the recap. I missed the first part of the episode and didn't know if Sahin was alive until your recap.
I'm not liking Deniz as much now. He's spoiled, demanding and disobedient. Too much coddling!
Come on, Ipek, Kaya's just not that into you, avoid heartbreak and leave him alone. Why doesn't he break it off?
Can't wait to watch the fallout from the bombshell about Boran's parentage. Wow!

Beth S


 

lejos

Sorry I jumped the gun and commented before your great summary! As usual, you got it all. I agree they should give us the staff interactions. We could use some lightness! Tonight will be must-see now that Ecmel knows.

Thank you!

Babachita
 

Lejos

Excellent as always, Dondi!

Ecmel says it’s Sadakat’s fault he killed Boran. Refresh me: why is that? Or is he just throwing blame?

I think Cihan asking Allah to give him patience is the first time I’ve seen religion in a dizi. Compare to the Spanish-language TNs where they’re always praying to Jesus or La virgen or their favorite santo.

That Ipek is a nice girl. Somebody would be very lucky to have her for a wife.

It’s amazing how they’re always meeting up out in the wide open spaces to do something secret. They can be easily seen from really far away. And sure enough Cihan spotted them.

In these circumstances a little kid would be bawling. I bet the director didn’t want to put a child actor through that.

Maggie
 

Golden Boy -

I agree - Salute to Babachita and Dondi for the recaps! I don't watch often, but I have been "reading" the show.

I am disgusted that Kazim beat Seyran. That, and the extremely slow pace makes want to say goodbye to the show.


 

"SENOR10"
I'll post my personal thoughts on this evening's episode sometime later this evening.

 

Lejos - Comments

Thanks, Dondi, for the Lejos recap.

I don't know if people in comas can walk. Dr. Yalcin said some medical jargon about Boran walking. It does make for a good plot.

Sahin, with the close shot, most probably does have an exit wound. The surgery would be to see what all organs were damaged and to start the repairs.

Dondi - thanks for clarifying that Sahin gave the video to Ecmel and not the police. I saw the scene but didn't understand enough. That explains why the police haven't come after Ecmel. I was wondering. I will try to find the scene and watch again with English subtitles.

Thanks for the edit scene explaining why Fidan is still living with Ecmel.

I don't know why, or recall why, Ecmel is blaming Sadakat for Boran's death. IIRC Boran killed somebody, I forget who. That is why Boran was to be killed. I do not recall any Sadakat involvement in the feud between men. I think Ecmel was just going crazy.

I liked the scene in which Cihan and Deniz made funny faces at each other. But then I thought, uh oh. Often when they show a relationship scene, something bad happens to one of the people in the scene.

 

Lejos - Sahin talking about the Ecmel-Boran video would be near the beginning of S2 E22. I'll have to watch again later.

 

Lejos recaps reminder - I will not be watching Tues 8/18 thru Fri 8/21 until the following week due to an out-of-town family wedding. I am hoping that if people want timely recaps, someone else can do a day or two. Thanks.

 

lejos

They should have let Ecmel keep Deniz as punishment. That boy is very spoiled. But at least they’re making him walk on his own now.

That’s gotta hurt Zerrin that Ecmel is talking about the end of his bloodline while she’s pregnant. We all know she’s better off without him, but still.

K
 

"SENOR10"
Anastasia, Maggie, Babachita, Kirby, Dondi356 & Halimacandy: Howdy from the Alamo City CarayCaray Family. Here's my super-short recap of this evening's episode.

*Slippery Mauricio goes unhinged & takes out on one of the wooden figures on the desk when he goes off on Gullible David.

*Constanza meets with Dalila at the DF Metropolitan Police Department.

*Romina fantasizing about Isturiz. We see Romina having a flashback featuring Castillo explaining her mission to infiltrate the casino.

*Earlier, we see Hothead Diana calling Gullible David & using coded threats regarding Primer Banco.

*Crazy Lucy: Your Karma anvil is coming 😉

*We see Aurelio showing Cifuentes a video at one of the fancy hotel rooms or penthouse apartments when Aurelio shoots Cifuentes's daughter to death: Headshot right in the face BANG!

Cifuentes falls to pieces while Alfaro is shocked. I want to feel sorry for Cifuentes, but I cannot after he shot Rutila.
 

Lejos de Ti (Uzak Sehir)
Friday, August 14, 2026
Series 2, Episode 24
"Dos Maridos"

Ecmel has kidnapped Deniz, and is preparing to have him killed. Cihan tells Ecmel that Deniz is Ecmel's grandson. Ecmel pauses "You said what?". Alya confirms and Sadakat confirms. Deniz is your grandson because Boran was your son. "I was pregnant when you threw me down the incline" (and went off to marry a woman from a family with money). They tell him this was the secret Mine was going to tell him, and they direct him to the medical records at the hospital. They tell him "You killed your own son". Deniz is freed.

Back at the mansion, Vurgun comes in to the living room and says that Boran has woken up. Alya is shocked. The family goes down and is all over Boran. But Boran asks "Where am I?" and doesn't remember his family members. (Besides not remembering, he hasn't seen them in six-seven-eight years while he was in Syria and Canada.) He gets up out of bed.

Alya appears. Boran does remember Alya. He says "Alya" and faints. Alya is stunned. Boran is taken back to his bed.

The next time Boran wakes up, he recognizes his family and remembers his traffic accident. Alya tells him she followed his will and brought him back to Midyat to be buried. She is polite to him. She tells him that she won't bring son Deniz down to see him yet because Deniz thinks he is dead. They mention Omer Bakir, the man who was buried in his place. Then Boran remembers the additional clause in his video will. Cihan says, "Yes, I married Alya. Alya is now my wife". Now Boran is a little stunned and becomes quiet. The family leaves his room.

Upstairs, Sadakat is insistent that they bring Deniz to Boran. They say no. She starts to badger them about the marriage situation. Alya tells Sadakat that the marriage situation is between Alya, Cihan and Boran. Sadakat is not to interfere. Kaya and Nare support Alya and Cihan being together. (Interesting - I suppose it's been so many years since Boran was in their lives.)

On the other hand, Sadakat doesn't want to tell Boran that he is Ecmel's son, not her husband Azem's son. (So when the matter concerns her, she doesn't want Boran told.) Cihan says that sooner or later, Boran will go to court and get his identity back (from Omer Bakir).

Nare gets a call that Sahin is to be woken up. The family all rush to the hospital. Sahin wakes up at the hospital from his induced coma. He is responding to stimuli and breathing on his own. He is happy to see everyone.

Cihan has a business meeting with his gang. He wants them to make sure that Ecmel does not do a shipment. And he reminds them that when the Albora land was split between the two branches (last season), the land was given to Sahin, not Ecmel.

Sadakat goes to pray at a shrine. Ecmel shows up. Ecmel now has seen the medical records and acknowledges that Boran is his on. Sadakat and Ecmel have it out and get into a physical fight. Ecmel says that Deniz is part of his family. Sadakat says that Ecmel will never get Deniz. Finally Ecmel leaves. - End episode.











 

lejos

I'm back and caught up. Thanks a million, Anastasia, for your terrific recaps. I didn't read them until I'd seen the respective episode. That's the way I've always done it. And thanks also to Maggie, dondi and, IIRC K.

Hmmm. I am the mother of a son, so maybe Deniz doesn't annoy me as much as he does some of you. But in that one scene where Cihan loses his temper a bit I was also tired of the kid's insistence on the anniversary dinner and diamond ring.

I am SO tired of Ipek. Time after time she's seen Kaya's love for Zerrin. In the most recent instance, she saw his face light up at the sight of Zerrin. She's presented as an educated young woman. Yet she's willing to marry a man who doesn't love her because she loves him. Marriage is hard enough between people who DO love each other. I'm tired of the writers belaboring her continual insistence on marrying Kaya.

I have been noticing Sadakat's better behavior toward Alya since she gave Boran a kidney. And she jumped in front of a bullet for her.

It's nuts that Ecmel won't admit that Sahin shot himself.

IIRC that's Deniz's second kidnapping. I seem to remember Demir kidnapping him early on. I suppose the Demir actor is doing a good job. I just loathe him and that he appears in nearly every confrontational scene between the two branches of the Albora family.

I am SO relived Sahin survived. He's a big favorite of mine.
 

golden

I am NOT caught up on this one. Believe the last one I saw was #81. Could be wrong about the episode number.

But I AM pretty close to jumping ship on this one. I have mostly liked watching and doing recaps for one TN/dizi at a time. I did some recaps for Golden Boy but feel reluctant about recapping two of them.

And the latest development I saw of Ifakat and Zerrin teaming up to ruin Seyran's marriage is driving me nuts.

Yes, Ferit raised his hand. But that awful, long diatribe Seyran laid on him was way too much. Yes, I get that she thinks he told Pelin about her family, but still. And she categorically refused to listen to his denials.

This dizi has a bit too much patriarchy for me. Kazim beats his wife, mistreated his daughters when children, and just recently beat his adult, married daughter with the belt buckle end of his belt. Not to mention Halis's completely turning against Seyran for not turning up for Iftar.

I don't expect dizis to have an easy path to happiness for the main couple, but I'm running out of patience with the arc of Seyfer.
 

Lejos

Thank you Anastasia! You caught some details I missed, which clarified some things.

Novelera - so glad to have you back! You were missed!!

My tin beanie took such a beating from this episode that I had to make a new one. So Boran wakes up and doesn’t recognize anybody. Ah ha, I thought, an amnesia story. But no! Seeing Alya apparently kicked his brain into gear. Then he recognized everybody, then remembers his accident, which a person knocked unconscious wouldn’t be able to, and then he jumps right away to his testament. That boy went from 0 to 60 in just a few minutes after being a coma a whole year.

And then he’s moving all around. I actually looked up whether a person could walk after a coma and definitely not. It would take tons of physical therapy. I also looked up if a person in a coma could walk like he did before and they said no, an unconscious brain can’t send signals to the limbs.

Loved when Demir passing Kaya in the hospital said How many fingers do you see? A real card, that guy.

Ecmel is the king of denial. Really enjoyed his tussle with Sadakat. That was fun to watch.

Maggie
 

OT

On Tuesday I was once again rewarded for my years of learning Spanish. I had another minor surgical procedure that day. I took a Lyft ride to the facility, and my friend of 40 years was picking me up.

The Lyft driver smiled and said: No English. Well, I replied in Spanish and we were off. He immigrated from Nicaragua. We had a fascinating conversation about conditions there. And how Daniel Ortega, the Sandinista leader who used to be a revolutionary hero, has turned into an autocratic dictator. He told me he was a widower, raising two children alone. He also works as a janitor, in addition to driving for Lyft. It's the typical, hardworking immigrant story. He also told me he's in recovery from alcohol abuse. The miles flew by.
 

lejos

I will do a recap of Tuesday's episode.
 

OT

Novelera, that was an interesting story of using your Spanish with the Lyft driver. In regards to Golden Boy I am in agreement with your opinions of this show. I persevered through it, watched season 2 and am now in season 3 and I'm only finding it in Turkish so I'm really lost. I never thought I would jump on the AI boat, but if I ask about the episode and what is happening it fills me in. Occasionally I get a reddit thread to read and one person summed up season 3 in about the length of one of our recaps here. I'm about ready to skip 20 episodes and just watch the last 3. Some shows I just walk away from but for some reason this one I just want to know what happens to everyone.
 

Lejos - I will recap Monday night's episode sometime Tuesday.

 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder