Thursday, September 10, 2026

TELEMUNDO Y MÁS (#2): El Señor de los Cielos, Lejos de ti, Golden Boy, y más: Week of September 7, 2026

TELEMUNDO WEEKEND EDITION (continuación)

Here's Page 2 for the week. The current telenovelas are as follows (all times are Eastern Daylight Time):

9-10PM El Señor de los Cielos 10 (final season)
10-11PM Lejos de ti (season 2)
Yali Capkini/Golden Boy

Everyone is welcome to join in the conversation. Since discussions of all the novelas share the same page, please remember to put the name of the telenovela you're referring to at the top of your post, so readers can easily find the conversations they're looking for.

By common agreement, this group DOES NOT discuss previews, trailers, or any other plot information not found in a current or past episode of the current production. Spoilers WILL be removed by the admin. This includes reference to earlier productions of the story, and even the original novel. Thanks for your cooperation!

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
"SENOR10"
Howdy from the Alamo City CarayCaray Family. Here's my super-short recap of this evening's episode.

*RIP Armando & Julieta 😭

*I feel awful for Dalila, who's completely devastated. Later in the episode, we see Dalila speaking with President Serrano on the phone & it looks like she'll be back working with the government.

*Rutila making plans for the future. Felina still looks like crap due to the deadly bouquet of flowers.

*Gullible David cannot stop his addiction to Hothead Diana.

*Castillo & Constanza still breathing for the moment. Senora Garcia still shell-shocked about Fernando's death.

*Aurelio shoots 2 of the thugs, who kidnapped Leo.
 

Lejos de Ti
Thursday September 10

Part I
Boran waits by the helicopter and Alya throws Sadakat a pleading look then goes to him. Sadakat, watching her, weeps.

Alya goes to get in and …Cihan is in the helicopter with Deniz on his lap! Whoa! Boran peers in and stares. Sadakat wonders what’s happening, then is stunned when Cihan gets out. Kadir and Kaya arrive in a car. Kadir grabs onto Boran. Sueltame! Sadakat weeps some more. The helicopter takes off. Boran falls to his knees.

We get to see a lot of scenery! They set down in Mardin. Deniz thinks the helicopter ride was so cool and now he wants some ice cream. In this weather? Alya asks. Next we see them in a really nice restaurant with a stupendous view. Deniz sees some girls running by with marshmallows on sticks. He wants some. Cihan takes him over to the fireplace that has marshmallow sticks available, heats one for about 2 seconds and hands it to Deniz. You gotta let them get some black bits so they’re melty, Cihan! He leaves Deniz there and goes back to Alya and asks her if she’s okay. She’s not. Boran has gone nuts. Did he think he could hold on to her using Deniz? She felt so impotent. What if you hadn’t been there? How did you know? (Yes, how? We all want to know! Do tell!)

He tells. He had that nightmare and woke up and went out onto the terrace to calm down. He overheard his mother and Boran plotting. Which of course people do in TNs, right out in the open where others can overhear. He didn’t hear much, but he did hear a helicopter mentioned.

Deniz comes back. He wants another helicopter ride! Cihan says maybe later, but right now we’re going someplace else fun. His cellphone buzzes. It’s Boran. He doesn’t answer. They go to a nice indoor sports facility where kids are practicing soccer. Cihan said he used to train there. The coach spots him and comes over. Deniz wants to play. Once he’s out there on the field with the other kids he seems to really know what he’s doing. How did he learn that? He’s just been in the konak riding his tricycle. But there he is, his little legs pumping away. Cihan’s cell buzzes. (The soccer bit was in two different places in our story, but I lumped them together here.)

Boran, now back at the konak, rants that Cihan kidnapped his wife and kid. Kaya: you kidnapped them. He tells Boran off. Sadakat tells Boran to just drop it and asks Kaya if he knows where they went. He doesn’t. She says you wouldn’t tell me if you knew. Of course not, says Kaya. She sees the staff standing around down in the courtyard and yells at them to get back to work.

Kitchen scene they didn’t cut! The ladies are cooking. Kadir is razzing Mustaffer that Cihan not only saved Alya, he saved Mustaffer’s bacon too. If he’d been at the farm, Sadakat wouldn’t have tricked him by telling him his wife is sick. Because he doesn’t have a wife! He cuts his eyes merrily at Pazike and sparkles. Mustaffer is mad and chases him out of the kitchen.

 

Lejos
Part II

Kaya calls Zerrin. We see her out of town a bit, meeting up with Demir. He shows her the photo of the baby (alive!) being lifted away just after it was born. Zerrin cries. He shows her photos of the baby all thin in the incubator and then we see her later plump. Mi niña! Desgraciado! How could you do this to me? You’re not even human! Demir says I told you if you left me, you’d pay. Zerrin begs to be taken to her. What do I have to do so I can see her?

Demir lays it out: You come back home. Kaya marries Ipek. Then you can see her. You have to pretend to Kaya that you don’t like him anymore, that you’re coming back to me because you want to. You don’t say a word. It’ll be just our secret. Otherwise, you’ll never see the baby. He drives off. Zerrin rages.

Demir comes home. A staff member is boxing up the stuff in the baby’s room. Demir wants to know what’s going on. His dad tells him, well there’s no baby, so time to pack all this up. Demir tells them both to leave and starts putting things back, starting with putting a pink stuffed elephant in the crib.

Nare comes home. Fidan brings up the doctor who gave her the big bouquet. Sahin arrives and wants to know why that guy has to always be the subject of discussion. Kaya calls her – where is Zerrin? Nare says she went to the cemetery alone. She wants to know where Cihan and Alya are. Kaya tells about the kidnapping attempt and how Boran was going to take them out of the country. Ecmel overhears! Sahin says good thing Cihan showed up. Why? Says Ecmel. She’s Boran’s wife. It’s terrible you think like that.

Cihan shows up at home. Sadakat and Boran want to know where Deniz and Alya are. He asks our two guys to get his stuff for him and announces he will be staying at the farm with Alya. Boran protests and says he’ll talk to his lawyer. Say hi to him, says Cihan.

Kaya, Sahin and Nare worry about Zerrin having gone to the cemetery alone. Just then she arrives, looking spaced out. They show us what she’s seeing – everyone is in soft focus and their voices muffled. Kaya asks If Demir was there and Zerrin says no. Kaya tells she doesn’t look right. She says she’s okay and just needs to lie down. He says he’ll call her tonight and she says okay.

Back at the konak Sadakat asks Cihan what the heck he’s doing. He says he’s going to personally protect Alya and Deniz. Boran protests that he can’t. Cihan tells him if he tries anything like that again, he will personally take him off somewhere where nobody will ever find him.

Cihan tells Sadakat off. Why did you do this? You know Alya and I are together. Then he gives Boran a good telling off too, She gave you her kidney! Back to telling Sadakat off: He’s your son, but so am I. Why are you doing this? Do you have no compassion for me? And why would you do this to Alya?

Boran will go with Ecmel. Ecmel is evil! He will take Deniz. I am thinking of all of you. Cihan: Do you think she would stay with Boran? Alya is with me. Then he says to Gurgon/Vurgon I’m not forgetting you, your betrayal. Poor Vurgon has too many masters.

Cihan leaves. Sadakat weeps. Boran looks mad, which is to say he looks like he always looks.

Maggie

 

lejos

Thanks, Maggie! Terrific recap. I really enjoyed your critique of Cihan's marshmallow roasting technique.

And, yes, at least 70% of telenovela and dizi plotting is overheard.

Maybe it's because of Telemundo cuts, but I'm not quite understanding Muzaffer's resistance to Kadir as a possible son in law. Through all of Season 1 and quite a bit of this one, his relationship with Kadir seemed like a friendly one.

I want Demir dead and soon. They made a point of mentioning that Demir took Zerrin to a different hospital than the one owned by the Alboras when she was in labor. So, I suppose this is how he bribed and/or threatened some obstetrician to let him have the preemie. Are we to assume Zerrin and Kaya never asked to see their infant? Or that some ghastly substitution was made. Are these writers going through with it; i.e., Zerrin behaves coldly and rebuffs Zaya. Zaya becomes the stereotypical scorned lover and marries Ipek?

So, the core reason Sadakat betrayed Cihan is her visceral hatred of Ecmel? What she did probably has ruined her relationship with her other children.
 

lejos

The above comment was from me, novelera. I don't know why Blogger sometimes doesn't know about me. Maggie, I've noticed that somehow your comments have not shown up. Thank you for persisting. I think you have better results with having an account with Blogger. Can't remember how I initiated mine, but maybe someone else knows.
 

Lejos - I am also confused by Muzaffer in recent episodes disliking Kadir as a potential son-in-law. In the first season, they were buddies.

I agree Sadakat's hatred and fear of Ecmel is off the charts. Cihan has been trying to square his culturally required respect for his mother with what she has been doing for awhile. It's another issue tearing him up (besides Alta, Deniz and Boran). What she did is unconscionable.

To set up an account, start to write a comment A triangle will appear at upper right of your comment. It's a menu which gives you the choice of setting up an account.

 

lejos

Well done, Maggie! Thanks.

I screamed for joy when we saw smiling Cihan in the helicopter- what a relief!

Yes, the marshmallow was a bust; it's got to be brown- black crusty and gooey. Poor Deniz.

Sadakat should just off Ecmel and be done with it. I don't think his family would mind.

I hate plots where a child is used for blackmail, extortion, all that nasty stuff.
I hope Zerrin tells Cihan ( much cooler head than Kaya!) about Demir and Cihan foils him.

Crazy Boran. Sadakat's yelling at him to "detente" reminded me of Dr. Frankenstein trying to control the monster he created.

Beth S


 

lejos

Beth, IIRC Sadakat tried to kill Ecmel once. I have a vague memory of it being because he was in a hospital. I don't expect him to die until the last week because both TNs and dizis enjoy keeping their villains around for "long-term antagonists". Fingers crossed they'll see Demir as more expendable.
 

lejos

Maggie, great recap! An entertaining read! And finally, no big edits to the episode!

I was kind of surprised to see marshmallows, not surprised that they didn’t know what to do with them. Cihan left the kid alone by the fire with just a “don’t get too close”. I thought that was strange.

Why does Zerrin allow herself to be blackmailed by Demir? novelera, I also think Demir is expendable. But I’ll be sort of sorry to see him go if that’s the case. He is an interesting villain to me, as opposed to the repetitive Sadakat-Ecmel feud that’s destroying their families and neither one gives a crap. Not looking forward to much more of this since there’s a third season starting in Türkiye.

A totally uncut kitchen scene! Yes, you would have understood the Muzaffer-Kadir-Pakize issue better if we didn’t get the edits. It took Muzaffer a while to catch on, and now he’s very vocal about his opposition to Kadir getting close to Pakize. Ummu understood right away.

I mentioned in one of the edits that Muza said he didn’t approve because Kadir and Pakize were like brother and sister. Muza and Ummu consider Kadir like a son. In the earlier episodes, Pakize was very nasty to him. So that suited Muza. Pakize’s been softening on him little by little as the dizi progresses. How can she not soften? Kadir is so sweet. He’s great with Deniz.

That might not be the only reason Muza is like this. Seems like most of the fathers in this region, he’s very protective and he doesn’t want any pre marriage hanky panky. He probably thinks no man is good enough for his daughter anyway.

 

lejos

novelera, I'd forgotten about Sadakat's attempt on Ecmel. He and Boran probably will be around a long time.

I'm getting more impatient ( as I gracefully age, lol) with TNs and dizis dragging things out and relying on overheard conversations and improbable coincidences to move the plot along.

The long, hot, hot summer and now, hotumn, here has made me cranky! End of rant. :)

Beth S
 

OT
Beth: These annoying Turkish shows need to be BANNED forever. Nobody wants them.

"SENOR10"
Howdy from the Alamo City CarayCaray Family. Here's my super-short recap of tonight's episode.

*Aurelio gets Leo back & Cifuentes gets Muscle Dude back.

*Castillo gets Crazy Lucy handcuffed & arrested, plus getting interrogated at DEA Mexico Headquarters.

*Aurelio phones Ulysses to let him know about Ismael's death; we see flashbacks of Ismael's death.

*Something tells me Tata is going to find out soon enough.

*Hothead Diana, Isturiz & Amanda meeting in the kitchen. What could possibly go wrong?

*Constanza gets wasted by drinking tequila inside her penthouse apartment.

*Dalila going full revenge mode. Slippery Mauricio better watch his back ASAP!
 

Lejos - Zerrin is being blackmailed by Demir because she realizes that Demir is capable of killing her baby or giving the baby away. She is protecting her daughter.

 

lejos

Yes, Anastasia, Zerrin is afraid of what Demir might do. Although I don't believe he would kill or give away the baby since he desperately wants a family of his own.

What frustrates me is why Zerrin doesn't tell Cihan, like Beth S said. She can't tell Kaya because he'd go off like rocket and do something stupid. This is such an annoying trope in TNs and dizis.

 

golden
#89 part 1

There’s a replay of Halis getting ready to pay a visit to the Sanlis.

Esme brings soup to Seyran. Seyro isn’t hungry. Esme sits on the bed for a talk. She tells Seyran, all you have to do is say you changed your mind. Be brave, talk to your husband. Maybe you will find a solution. It’s clear you still love one another. Please don’t worry about me. I’m on your side. I’ll forgive him.

But I can’t, Seyran replies, I can’t. I don’t believe in him anymore. No matter how hard he tries, I have no hope. I can’t trust him and love shouldn’t be like that. it should feel good. What hurts most is that he raised his hand to me.

Esme nods. Seyran continues, the man I love almost hit me. This is worse than my father’s beatings. Esme says she understands. This is your decision, she says, but you’ll have to prepare for this end. What can I say when you know what I had to live through with your father. She kisses Seyran’s head and leaves. Seyran wipes her tears.

Pelin is looking at wedding dresses on her phone. Zerrin tells her she will make a beautiful bride. It’s going to happen. Your mother has worked hard to make it happen. Pelo asks, what will we do? Wait for Halis to marry his grandson to a woman he doesn’t love? But this time, I’m that woman.

He will love you, Zerrin replies, Ferit will never leave your side. From your perspective, it might seem like a lie, but if you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes true. Pelo asks how. We’ll make Ferit’s family believe that he loves you, Zerrin answers, and you’ll see how Ferit ends up believing it too. I called that reporter who did you a favor. We’ll see how upset he still is with that family.

Pelo is shocked. No, mom, wait. That’s not a good idea. They could discover what I’ve done. Zerrin says that won’t happen. All you need to do is play dumb, which shouldn’t be hard. [LOL, she knows her daughter well!] Don’t interfere in my business.

Ihsanli house. Tarik wants to take action. Saffet says in due time. Be patient. Leave it to me. Tarik gripes, but all you’ve done is complain to his auntie. Saffet shuts him down—be quiet or pay the consequences. Halis Ağa’s grandson burst into our home and insulted us. I could have killed him right there and then. But I spared his life, which means that the great Halis owes me.

Flashback to earlier days in Antep. Looks like Halis has gone to Saffet in the hospital. Halis warns Saffet, if I see you in Antep again, anywhere near Hatice, the last thing you see will be my face. Do you understand me, you idiot?! Saffet answers, if I were you, I’d finish it right here, otherwise, I won’t leave you alone until my last breath. Halis responds, I’m sparing your life to send a message for all to hear, you are indebted to me. Halis walks away and we hear Saffet’s inner voice: my name is Saffet, and I will surely repay this debt I owe to Halis Korhan. Present day Saffet is thinking.

Esme and Suna clean the kitchen. Hattuc asks where is Seyran? In her room, Suna replies, she’s upset, maybe she’s sleeping. Hattuc answers, listen, I know those tricks to escape the house. Just because your father doesn’t punish you how he used to doesn’t mean he won’t do it now. Esme confirms that Seyran is in her room, resting. Go check if you want. She doesn’t.

Kazim gets a call from Saffet. After the greetings, Kazim says, my aunt has told me a lot about you, about the past. Hattuc rolls her eyes at this. Saffet says he called because he has something very important to say. Your idiot SIL came to my house to confront and attack us. I don’t understand how he knew about the agreement we made last night concerning your daughters.

 

golden
#89 part 2

Kazim is stunned. He turns to look at the ladies. He asks Saffet, what did he know? What did he say to you? Saffet says, please answer me, do you want the Korhans to be your family and set aside our other arrangements? If that’s the case, say so and we’ll leave your other daughter alone. Of course not, Kazim replies, you and I have an understanding. Next to you, the Korhans are nothing. I gave you my word.

I trust your word, Saffet says, and you must keep it. But if you make a mistake, you will have to personally pay. Kazim holds the phone away from him and makes a sour face. Saffet asks if that’s clear. It’s clear, Kazim answers, it will be fine, don’t worry. My family and I will follow through on the promise we made.

Saffet wants Suna’s wedding preparations to start immediately. If we take care of your other daughter’s divorce, perhaps we can have a double wedding. Kazim thinks that’s a great idea. A double wedding will keep the costs down. Suna hears this, drops a glass and is unsteady on her feet. Kazim tells Saffet that Hattuc sends her regards and closes the call.

Kazim immediately goes on the warpath. There’s a rat in this house who revealed what was discussed. Suna looks terrified. He continues, that stupid Ferit is aware of our plans for Seyran. Kazim explains, Saffet warned me if anything happens, it will be my fault. That stupid girl and her stubbornness is going to get me killed! [no loss there.] He takes off towards Seyran’s room and continues to rant. I asked her if she wanted to divorce and she said yes! Now she betrays me like a rat. They are still meeting!

Kazim enters Seyran’s room. Get up! I’m going to give you one chance. Tell me, are you still seeing that scumbag husband of yours? Seyran denies it. Kazim asks, so how does he know what I talked about with Saffet in the house last night? He slaps Seyran and she falls. I’m sick of you all! The scene shifts to the others in the apartment, worrying for Seyran. Suna is especially upset.

Halis, Latif, and some of their men arrive at Kazim’s building.

Suna goes to Seyran, who is curled up on the bed. Suna asks for her sister’s forgiveness. I didn’t have the nerve to tell him it was me. Did he hurt you bad? Don’t blame yourself, Seyran answers, he would have hit me regardless. It had nothing to do with you. It’s better you didn’t tell him. Suna says, Dad spoke to Saffet. They said they were going to marry both of us soon. Suna sobs. Esme enters the room. She sits on the bed between her girls and puts her arms around them.

The concierge lets Halis and crew into the Sanli’s apartment. One man immediately goes upstairs. Halis signals for Mustafa to get Kazim, where he’s sitting with Hattuc. Kazim is shocked. What are you doing in my home?! Kazim is stunned to see Halis. Well, look who’s here, he tells auntie, your friend came to visit. What are you doing here?

Halis takes his time answering. Kazim asks, why are you bothering us so late? Halis delivers a very satisfying Ottoman slap to Kazim that knocks him down. Hattuc gasps. Mustafa holds Kazim down. Halis places his cane on Kazim’s hand and says, tell me, with which of your hands did you use to strike my grandson? Tell me! Which hand?!

Halis pressed his cane hard into Kazim’s hand. Or would you rather both your hands were rendered useless? Kazim bangs his other hand on the ground in pain. Hattuc glares at Halis. He finally lets Kazim go. Get up! Look at me, you dog!

 

golden
#89 part 3

Kazim scowls and sees he’s outnumbered. Halis says, all of this happened because we deemed you worthy of our family. We gave our last name to your daughter. Despite your ignorance and backwardness, we held you in high regard. But we haven’t seen any charitable acts from you since the day you joined our family. It’s sad that your family’s name has been reduced to what it is.

Kazim is ready to blow, but Hattuc pushes him back. Tüh! I spit on your grandson and your family! I am ashamed of you! When did your heart become so dark that it affects how you express yourself? You don’t deserve to be a part of my family, and you will not insult my father and my family’s name!

Halis softens. He’s a little teary at the rebuke. I… just wanted the children to be happy. I accepted Seyran as my granddaughter… but you are just hungry dogs. You’ve tried to sell her even before her last name was changed. Shame on you… Halis turns and orders his men—take the girl!

Kazim shouts, leave my daughter alone! Men hold him back. Others go to get Seyran from her room. Seyran fights against them. Suna and Esme try to stop them. Esme runs to Kazim, why are they doing this? Latif holds her back. Halis shouts—take her by force! Halis and crew leave with Seyran.

Kazim vows that Halis will pay for this humiliation. I’ll call everyone I know! I’ll call the police! The fire department! I’ll raise hell with the coast guard! As if that would do any good, Hattuc replies, Halis is much more powerful than you are. We can’t win this battle. Kazim admits that’s true. He thinks, then he asks Suna to bring his phone. I might not have much power but thankfully Allah sent us an influential family.

Suna brings the phone. Kazim tells her, thanks to you, we’ll be a part of Saffet Ağa’s family. Our problem will become his problem. Hattuc warns, don’t you dare. Don’t drag them into this. Why not, Kazim asks, do you have the nerve to defend Halis Korhan? Don’t interfere.

Kazim calls Saffet. Ağam, after Ferit forced his way into your home, they still weren’t satisfied, and forced their way into mine, too. They took Seyran. You didn’t stop them, Saffet asks. What could I do, Kazim replies, don’t you know how powerful Halis Korhan is? He showed up with armed men and snuck into my home. Tell me what could I have done?

Saffet answers, you can’t put anything past those people. They are feral animals that would bite their own mothers when they don’t produce milk. You are my elder, Kazim replies, I need help urgently. I’m powerless and I don’t know what to do. I’ve been humiliated. As my elder, I could use your advice. Tell me what to do and I’ll follow your exact orders, but I would need some backup. Saffet says, wait for us, we will fix everything. End call. Saffet tells Tarik to gather all the men. The time for talk is over.

The Korhans come out to meet Halis on his return. Ferit asks Halis if he’s okay. Halis just looks at Ferit. Ferit looks at the second car. A smile breaks across his face. You brought Seyran? He walks towards her. Seyran… Halis shouts, silence! Don’t speak to her! He gives an order to lock Seyran in a room near the entrance. The men grab Seyran. She shouts to let her go, she can walk on her own.

A confused and disappointed Ferit stares at Halis. Halis stares back and warns, no one had better interfere. Halis walks towards the house. Orhan tries to ask a question. Halis shuts him down and orders everyone go to the living room. Nobody is to try to help her (Seyran). You are forbidden from speaking to her unless I allow it. I want men watching her around the clock.

 

golden
#89 part 4

Seyran continues to shout. Ferit cries. She’s placed in a room just inside the entrance. The Korhans enter the house. Halis states, she will not leave this house as long as she has our surname. Call the lawyers immediately and have them prepare the official documents. Let’s see if it’s so easy for her to give up the name and money I’ve given her family. Ferit is in a state of shock.

The Korhans wait in the living room. Ferit paces back and forth. Latif tells Ifakat that Halis is waiting for her. Orhan asks Latif, what is he planning? Latif replies, he asked the lawyers to prepare divorce papers. Seyran can leave once she’s signed. Ferit looks devastated.

Seyran has a flashback to when her father locked her in the storage room before her wedding. She has a total meltdown and starts to trash the room. She shouts to be let out. She shatters a mirror. Ferit starts shouting for Seyran. He has to be restrained and Fuat and Orhan eventually manage to take him away.

Kazim looks at the hand Halis injured. It hurts. [good!] He complains to Hattuc that his head hurts, too. May Allah punish them, Hattuc cries out, I curse that family. Ah, Halis, ah. He’s a devil with the face of an angel. This is a tragedy.

Yes, you’re just realizing this, Kazim says, you should have made sure what kind of man he was before you became his friend. Look at what your dear friend did to my hand. [he should have done more.] Kazim rubs his neck from the pain in his head. He says he’s sweaty and smells like a wet dog. He shouts at Esme to prepare the bathroom.

Kazim warns Hattuc not to let Suna make the same mistake as her sister. [no, you’ll make that for her, Kazim.] She better not be stupid like last time. I should go remind her. He marches to the room. Hattuc follows and says, no Kazim. Stop. She’s going to get married. He tells her to stay out of it.

Suna gets a call from Abidin. Suna asks how’s Seyran? Kazim is listening outside the door. We see that Abi is calling from the parking garage. I’m here, he says, and she’s fine. They’re keeping her in the house. Suna worries, Abidin, you have to leave, you can’t be here.

Abi says he’s not leaving. Not until he knows she’s alright. She begs, please listen, my father is in the house. You need to leave. [Not sure how much Kazim and/or Hattuc can hear at this point]. Abidin tells Suna he’ll wait until she can come down. It doesn’t matter when, I’ll wait for you. Suna says okay, I’ll let you know when I can.

Kazim quietly opens the door. Suna still has the phone to her ear. She turns. Kazim asks, who are you speaking with so late? What are you going to tell him? Give me your phone! He grabs it from Suna. He shouts at her to open it. Kazim sees the last call was from Abidin. His jaw drops. Abidin… Abidin?

Suna whimpers. Kazim asks, why is Abidin calling you? Why do you have that driver’s number saved in your phone? No, Dad, Suna cries, please don’t do this. Kazim flies into a rage and slaps Suna. You… you… shameless! Ungrateful! He’s ready to continue beating her but Hattuc grabs Kazim’s arm. Don’t bruise her before the wedding! She pulls him away.

 

golden
#89 part 5

Kazim thinks that Ferit must have told Abidin to spy for him. My stupid older daughter must’ve given him all the info he needed. She’s a traitor! Look, Auntie, the stupid traitor is working behind my back! She won’t get her phone back until I say so. He growls at Suna, you know why I haven’t killed you? Know why I won’t break your legs? Because you are getting married. Pray you get married so I don’t have to break your legs! Suna is hysterical. He tells Hattuc to have Suna wash her face and get ready. Make her presentable. Cover up any marks. He goes off to shower and takes the phone.

Hattuc asks Suna, how could you be so stupid? Why are you cooperating with Ferit? You’re making things worse. Your father has spoken. What ever you feel you must hide it for your own good. Pull yourself together. Wash your face and put on some make-up. Suna can’t stop crying.

Ifakat gives Halis a shoulder massage. He asks, am I being punished for my past transgressions, Ifakat? Why can’t I just sit peacefully in my corner? You may be right, she answers, but your decisions will restore peace to us. Inshallah.

Halis replies, even though you made a mistake, you did it to protect this family. I was very upset, but I’m aware of your noble intentions. [her intention is to help herself first.] Please make sure nobody helps that girl. Nobody is to go near her room or speak to her. If she’s hungry, Sefika can bring her food. And especially, Ferit must be kept away from her. Not even you can see her, understand? Ifakat says she understands.

Suna makes it down to the parking garage. She asks Abidin, why did you come? My father caught me talking to you and took my phone. Abi asks, did he hurt you? Suna lies no. He didn’t do anything but he will if he sees you. Abi asks her to be honest with him. She replies, don’t worry, he wants me to get married so he won’t hit me. He’ll just yell. Leave, I don’t want you to get in trouble.

Abi notices she’s wearing a ring other than his. You come here with that ring and you ask me to leave? Please, Suna. Run away with me. [do it Suna, do it!] You need to be strong. She shakes her head no. I can’t. Even if I wanted to, I can’t. All I can do is keep this ring near my heart. She’s wearing his ring on a chain around her neck. Abi pulls her into a hug.

Ferit and his family are in his parents’ bedroom. It’s a depressing scene. Ferit is a wreck. He gets up, I have to see my wife. Orhan tells him to sit. I can’t just sit here, Ferit snaps back, they’ve got my wife locked up in there! Can you believe this? I’m going to lose my mind!

Fuat goes over to Ferit and suggests they get some fresh air. Ferit replies, fresh air? Shall we go order at the coffee shop, bro? We’ll go have a good drink? Ifakat enters the room. Ferit continues, oh yes, you’re all accomplices, just sitting here and doing nothing! Is this a joke? How does this not bother you?!

Asuman speaks up. Ferit, instead of blaming us, you could accept responsibility. He shouts, are you saying this is my fault, Asuman? He walks towards her and Fuat grabs him. What are you insinuating?! Fuat pushes Ferit away—stop it, Ferit! That’s enough! Ferit pushes Fuat—what, have I insulted your wife? Fuat gives Ferit another push, and answers, yes! Well, my wife is locked up downstairs, Ferit replies, and none of you are doing anything! The brothers start pushing each other around.

 

golden
#89 part 6

Ferit dares his bro to hit him. He picks up something and throws it against the wall. I’m going to see my wife right now. Nobody better try and stop me, is that clear? Who’s going to try? No one answers but Ifakat stands in his way. Fine, if it means hat much to you, she says, you can go see your wife. Promise me that you’ll calm down first.

Orhan tells Ifakat that Ferit can’t go. Dad was clear. Ifakat replies, I spoke to him in his room. Yes, he’s very upset, but he’s not cruel. I will assume responsibility so that you can see your wife. Ferit and Ifakat leave the room. [this is a surprise!]

Seyran gets up from the floor in her trashed-out room. She looks out the window and there’s a guard posted. The door opens, it’s Ferit. He sees the mess. He looks at Seyran. He sits on the rest at the foot of the bed, his head down. Seyran sits next to him. Silence.

A van pulls into the parking garage and Suna and Abi break apart. It’s the Ihsanlis. Saffet jr spots Suna running from Abidin. Abi gets in his car and leaves. Junior is upset.

Suna sneaks back into the apartment and goes to her room.

And we are out.

 

golden

Great summary, Dondi! I’ll start on #90 for Tues-Wed.

The main thing I noticed from this episode was the look of absolute delight on Ferit’s face when Halis returns with Seyran. Ferit is so obviously in love with his wife and for a brief moment he thought his grandfather had fixed things for him. Then, his delight is crushed when he realizes she will be kept away from him and that she’s only there to sign the divorce.

I’m worried about Junior seeing Suna with Abidin. It’s also dangerous for Kazim to know about Abidin.

I loved Halis giving Kazim some of his own medicine. Kazim can sure dish it out but he’s a big baby if he’s hurt.

Things feel very ominous. Odd that Ifakat helped Ferit see Seyran against Halis’s orders. Something must be in it for her, but it looked almost like a kind gesture!

Thanks again!

Babachita
 

golden

Thanks, Babachita. I'll cosign your post. ITA with everything! Especially odd about Ifakat. Very out of character. Things are heating up.

 

lejos
S2 #42 part 1

Rewind: Sadakat and her BS excuses for plotting to send Alya and Deniz away with Boran. Cihan leaves the konak for the farmhouse.

Deniz rides Firfir while Alya watches. Cihan arrives at the farmhouse. Muza, Pakize, and Kadir walk up. Deniz is happy to see Kadir. You came to replace him (Muzaffer)? Why don’t you stay the night? We can have a pasta party. Kadir is up for it. Grouchy Muza tells Kadir, yeah, sure, pasta party. Let’s go take care of the bags.

Deniz asks, whose bags are those? Mine, Cihan replies. Are you staying with us, Deniz asks. Yes, Cihan answers, I really missed your mom, you, and Firfir. The boy wants to have a movie night. Cihan says, ah, this never ends… he wants a pasta party, a movie night… okay, let’s do it. Deniz isn’t finished yet, he wants a barbecue too. Cihan is good with that. And Deniz adds that PJs are required for the movie night. Pakize takes Deniz inside. He asks Pakize to make popcorn (patlamış mısır, exploded/burst corn) for movie night.

Cihan and Alya talk outside. She asks, did the people at the konak raise hell about you staying here? So what if they did, Cihan replies, what would change? I still would come. Alya says she’s afraid Boran will use it against her in court. [I think so too.] Cihan admits it could complicate things. He takes her hand and says, but if I can’t support you at a time like this, when can I?

Alya says, part of me wants to report him for kidnapping my son… but I get it. You have the right, Cihan answers, but Boran is also his father. He’ll say they were out having fun. That’s what he told Deniz. It wouldn’t end well. Cihan says he spoke to Erol about custody. It’s possible for you to get custody of Deniz. It’s legally indicated. Inshallah. I’m with you, Alya, I always will be. She goes inside to check on Deniz.

Cihan calls Muzaffer over to sit. Kadir asks if he can come, too. Cihan asks Muzaffer if that’s okay. Muza frowns and doesn’t answer. Cihan tells Kadir to come. Muza tells Cihan, I’m so ashamed… I couldn’t take care of the child or Alya Yenge. Forgive me. Cihan replies, estağfurullah (he’s forgiving Muza), you’re like an older brother to me, but you let me down. You had something to do, and you didn’t. So now you’ll go back to the konak and Kadir will stay here.

It’s a surprise to both Muzaffer and Kadir. Muza begs Cihan to let him stay. Cihan repeats, you’ll go back to the konak and Kadir will stay. And we’ll talk about the problem between you two. Muza says there’s nothing to talk about. There’s no problem. Cihan asks Kadir, is there a problem? Kadir says yes, there is.

Cihan asks Kadir to sit. He says, I know you two are fighting, so I’ll fix it. Muza is resistant, how will you fix it? Cihan snaps, I’ll fix it however I have to. When I say I’ll fix it, I’ll fix it! That’s why you’ll go to the konak and he’ll stay here. It’s finished.

Muzaffer is not pleased but he has to accept this. He asks Cihan to promise something. Don’t let this jerk go near my daughter. Kadir rises from his seat. When have I ever gone near your daughter? Muza answers, and don’t even look at her. Kadir appeals to Cihan.

Cihan tells Muza, okay, he won’t go near her or look at her. Anything else? Yes, Muza replies, I don’t want them sharing a table. Cihan says okay. Anything else? Yes, Muza adds, he stays outside to sleep. Cihan says that’s enough. Go to the konak and don’t come back until I say so. Go. Muza reluctantly leaves.

 

lejos
S2 #42 part 2

Kadir says, have you ever seen someone so stubborn? Cihan throws up his hand and responds, like you’re not? Cihan walks and Kadir follows. Cihan Abi, you said you’d handle everything… how? You know how, Cihan replies, I’ll tie Pakize to a rocket and launch her into space. Then we can all relax. Cihan quickly walks away. Kadir says he’ll tie himself to a rocket and go after Pakize.

It’s movie night! First, a short wrestling match between Deniz and Cihan. Cihan starts the movie, but Alya gets a call from Boran. Deniz tells her not to answer, so she doesn’t. Boran calls Cihan. Deniz tells him not to answer. Cihan explains that Daddy Boran is calling, it might be important.

Boran asks, where is Alya? Why didn’t she answer her phone? Blah, blah, blah… Cihan threatens to hang up. Boran asks to speak with Deniz. Cihan gives the phone over. Deniz complains he can’t talk now because they’re watching a movie. Cihan tells him to talk. Deniz tells Boran to make it quick so he can watch the movie. Boran’s not pleased. He tells Deniz that he’s coming tomorrow to see him. Deniz relays this to Alya.

Alya takes the phone. She tells Boran that she’s going to the hospital tomorrow. He can’t come to see Deniz if she’s not there. Boran objects. Alya gets angry. You tried to kidnap my son, and before that, you brought him to see Ecmel. You’re not seeing him if I’m not here! I’ll bring him to the konak after work. Cihan takes the phone from Alya—you heard her, Boran. He hangs up. We see Sadakat watching Boran from a window. And then, we see Ecmel out in the distance looking at the konak with binoculars.

Zerrin thinks about what Demir told her: you can see your daughter after Kaya and Ipek get married. Ipek calls Zerrin to check up on her and tell her she spoke to the school about keeping her registered. They approved, so she can come back and not lose any time. Zerrin gives her an obligatory thank you.

We’re back to movie night. Sweet family time. Awful Spanish song.

The real song: Küçük Bir Aşk Masalı/A Little Love Story - Sezen Aksu & Özdemir Erdoğan
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgenzpB7hJ0
English CCs are available.

After the movie, Cihan carries sleeping Deniz into bed. Alya tells him, a day that started out like a nightmare could only become this wonderful thanks to a miracle like this. He’s sleeping so peacefully. This was one of the best days of his life. And for me, too.

Cihan looks surprised. Alya continues, we weathered so many storms today, despite that, tonight was the night I felt safest, thanks to you. She gives Cihan a hug. He hugs her back and says, if the night is beautiful, it’s because of you. The hug lingers. Alya finally says, you should go to the other room. I’m sleeping with Deniz tonight. They break apart. Cihan answers, you go to the other room. If you don’t mind, I’d like to sleep with him. Alya agrees to it. Cihan says there’s one more matter that needs to be resolved. He tells her to come.

There are slight edits to the dialog in this scene. I’ll give you the original. Pakize and Kadir are cleaning up in the living room. She scolds him for eating the leftovers. He doesn’t want the food to go to waste. They snap to attention when CihAl enter the room. Kadir starts to talk with his mouth full. Cihan tells him to swallow first. Kadir explains he was just helping Pakize clean up, so don’t get the wrong idea. Like we agreed, I’m not anywhere near her. They both hold out their arms at length.

 

lejos
S2 #42 part 3

Cihan says okay, you’re at a safe distance. Stop cleaning and sit down. Pakize hopes this isn’t anything bad. Alya says it’s not. Cihan asks Pakize, do you want this boy? This is a shock. Pakize takes a sharp inhale. Kadir mumbles, you’re asking her this question? He turns to Pakize and hopes—my girl, you want this, don’t you? Cihan asks Kadir, son, haven’t you even asked this girl if she wants you?

Kadir stammers, I… I… didn’t ask… Cihan asks, you don’t know whether this girl has feelings for you or not? We did talk about some things, Kadir explains, but it always got left up in the air, you know, we have so many problems on our hands. We couldn’t discuss it properly. He looks at Pakize, say something, girl. I swear I’ll kill myself. I’ll throw myself to the ground…

Cihan tells Kadir to be quiet. Don’t pressure the girl. Cihan asks Pakize, do you have feelings for him? Pakize exhales and nods… yes. Kadir explodes—Allah! Allah! Cihan throws a couch pillow at him. Shhh! Deniz is sleeping! Okay, okay, Kadir answers, I forgot. Shhh… You know, when it comes to Pakize, my heart pounds like this. He places his hand inside his shirt and moves it to indicate a heartbeat. Everyone smiles. Cihan playfully threatens to knock him out. Just be quiet.

Kadir takes some calming breaths. Cihan continues, so what should we do? He doesn’t have parents. Okay, here’s what we’ll do. I’ll ask for the girl’s hand in their place. Pakize, I will ask your father for your hand. Is that okay? She nods yes. Kadir feels faint and falls back on the couch. For God’s sake, Pakize says, get up Kadir. He says his blood pressure is fluctuating. It’s going through the roof. He tells Pakize, remember I said that Cihan Abi is both my older brother and a father to me?

Pakize says that’s true. But she notes that her father and Kadir haven’t been getting along. How will this work? Kadir says, it will work. If Cihan accepts it, so will he. Inshallah. Cihan knows it won’t be easy. Muzaffer is very stubborn. Kadir has an idea. How about we bring everyone together here… Kaya, Nare, Sahin… well, maybe except for Sadakat Hanim and Boran Bey, if that’s okay with you. Don’t misunderstand, but everything has been tense lately.

Cihan has no problem with that. Kadir continues, if everyone meets here, it will put pressure on my father Muzaffer. Cihan answers, your father Muzaffer? You’ve already claimed the victory and now he’s your father? Alya speaks up. He’s saying this might work. Invite everyone over.

Kadir is hopeful it will work. You’ll see, Cihan Abi, you’ll see. I want Muzaffer to be my father… and Pakize to be my wife. He gets emotional. Because… that way… I can have a family. It’s what I want most. It will work if you do this. Ağlama (don’t cry), Cihan says, hold your tears. Kadir sniffles. This is what we’ll do, Cihan proposes, we’ll have everyone over tomorrow. We’ll invite Muzaffer and Ummu and if all goes well, we’ll resolve this once and for all. Inshallah!

Pakize and Kadir laugh. He’s thrilled that he’s asking for her hand tomorrow. He leans on her and she reminds him to keep his distance. Time to get some sleep. Kadir tries to kiss Cihan’s hand. Cihan doesn’t let him. He tells Kadir that Pakize will go to her room, but he can’t go. Didn’t you promise the old man? Yes, yes, Kadir remembers. He puts on his coat and says he’ll go sleep by the pool. Cihan stops him, wait, I was only kidding. You have a separate room.

 

lejos
S2 #42 part 4

Alya admires Cihan. You fix everyone’s problems. He replies, you’re next. Let’s go to our room. It gets very flirty. She asks, what did you say? He answers, I’ll take you to your room. They laugh. They are at her door. Thanks for accompanying me, she says, that’s very kind. I love you very much, Cihan says. I love you very much, too, Alya responds. It looks like they don’t want it to end up in the hallway but in the bedroom [resist, resist.] Alya finally says good night. Otherwise, we’ll just stand here all night, staring at each other. Cihan wouldn’t mind that.

Next morning, Sadakat bursts into Alya’s bedroom. [what the hell?] Sada says, thank God you’re sleeping alone. Alya bolts upright in bed. What’s going on?! In the meantime, Boran bursts into the other room where Cihan is sleeping with Deniz. He tells Cihan, you can’t sleep with my son. Get up! Cihan quickly gets up. Sleepy Deniz asks, what’s happening? Sada and Alya rush into the room.

Alya pushes Boran away from Deniz. Cihan orders Boran to get out. Sada tries to calm her sons. Cihan shouts at both of them to get out. Deniz asks again, what’s happening? Cihan shouts at the boy and he starts to cry. Alya gets angry and takes Deniz out of the room. Kadir comes out of his room. Shouting continues. Sada pleads with Boran, your wife doesn’t want you. Stop doing this! They didn’t even sleep in the same bed! You saw it yourself. Boran repeats the same old she’s my wife, he’s my son stuff.

Cihan finally gets his mom and bro to leave. He turns his anger on Kadir. How did they get in? Kadir fumbles to answer… Sadakat Hanim forced them… Cihan is livid and keeps shouting. What were you doing? Why were you the last to show up? Kadir explains, I was asleep when the guys called… I got up to stop them, but Sadakat forced the door open. She got a locksmith. Cihan is incredulous—a locksmith?! He orders Kadir to go outside to talk to everyone.

Sada and Boran return home and before the front gate closes, another car speeds in behind them. It’s Ecmel. The guns are drawn all around. And here comes Muzaffer with his gun drawn, too. Sada orders Ecmel to leave. Ecmel tells her not to interfere. He’s there to talk to his son. Over my dead body, she replies. [I wish.]

Ecmel tells Boran, this konak is a scorpion’s nest. It’s poisonous. Let’s speak somewhere else. He opens the car door for Boran. Sada warns Boran, don’t you dare. Boran stares down his mom and looks at Ecmel, who encourages him to come. Boran gets in the car. He wants to talk to Ecmel. Sada shouts for Boran to get out. She grabs a henchie’s gun and shoots at the car tires. She points the gun at Ecmel—I’ll put one right between your eyes! She opens the car door. Get out, Boran! He doesn’t move. She repeats, get out!

Boran gets out of the car. Ecmel says, Boran, you were unable to escape with your wife. If I’d been with you, I promise you would have made it abroad. This damn woman seems to be on her side. Ecmel fearlessly walks towards Sada, her gun is pointed at his head. Who do you think told Cihan that you were leaving with them, Ecmel asks, she’s digging your grave! That’s what kind of a mother she is! She acts like she’s on your side, but she’s destroying you, son!

Sada calls Ecmel a liar. She shouts at him—I’m tired of you! She fires at Ecmel but Boran intervenes and her shot misses the mark. Ecmel catches his breath from the close call, and he seems surprised that Boran saved him. Boran demands the gun from Sada. She won’t give it and points it at Ecmel again. Ecmel says, you saved me, son. But understand this. Sadakat will never protect you. She’ll only protect Cihan. She’s the one who prevented you from escaping. Never trust her.

 

lejos
S2 #42 part 5

Once again, Sada orders Ecmel and his snakes to leave. Henchies start pushing the car out of the konak. Ecmel stays put. Sada reminds Ecmel, I told you to stay away from my children or you’d be sorry. Ecmel replies, we’ll see. Son, don’t trust this damn woman. Sada threatens to kill Ecmel [*yawn*]. Ecmel turns and leaves. Sada and Boran glare at each other. Boran walks away.

Cihan drops Alya off at the hospital. She’s still angry over Cihan’s outburst at Deniz. She tells him that Deniz was really upset over what happened. Cihan apologizes for acting impulsively. He says, seeing them in the house, I didn’t know what to do. I went crazy. But you’re right, I’m sorry. She frowns at him. Erol calls Cihan with good news. The judge decided that Alya will have custody of Deniz until the end of court proceedings. That changes the mood.

Yalcin meets up with Alya and Cihan. He apologizes to them about yesterday’s incident. Cihan doesn’t understand. Alya explains about the flowers. Cihan wonders why Yalcin gave Nare flowers. Yalcin claims he was just being polite since Nare is Cihan’s sister. It became a big problem, he says, that man almost beat me up.

And speaking of Sahin, he comes driving up with Nare. Yalcin asks Cihan to speak with Sahin and explain that it was a misunderstanding. Yalcin leaves. Sahin and Nare walk over. Cihan asks Sahin, why are you looking at that man like you want to kill him? How should I look, Sahin replies. Can’t you see the man is scared of you, Cihan says. Let him be scared, Sahin answers, the guy came with a huge bouquet.

Cihan explains, Nare is family and she started working at our hospital. He was being polite and brought her flowers. What’s the problem? So why can’t he tell me that, Sahin says, why does he turn and run away? Don’t you have enough problems, Cihan asks, you get obsessed over strange things. Nare speaks up, did you hear him? Sahin says he heard. So he was polite because she’s your sister? Cihan says yes.

Sahin is okay with it. Change of subject. Sahin says Nare told him what happened with Boran. Let it be in the past. You did the right thing by staying with them at the farmhouse. What else could I do, Cihan replies. And he invites Sahin and Nare to the farmhouse. I’ll tell Kaya too, he says. Sahin asks if everything is okay. I hope so, Cihan answers with a smile, Kadir is asking for Pakize’s hand. Kadir wants you there for support. Nare and Sahin are happy to come. Everyone goes their separate ways to start the day.

Kaya calls Zerrin with the invitation to the farmhouse. God willing, we will marry off Kadir and hopefully, we’ll be next. Zerrin can hardly keep her sadmess in check. Please come, he says, Nare and Sahin will be there, we will see each other there. Zerrin begs off. She needs more time to recover. Kaya is disappointed but understands. Get some rest, we’ll talk later. Zerrin cries.

 

lejos
S2 #42 part 6

Sadakat storms into Boran’s room. He doesn’t appreciate her barging in. She states, in this konak, I go where I want, when I want. If you’ve forgotten who I am in this house, I’ll make you remember! You’re not stupid enough to believe that devil, are you? Boran ignores her and turns away. Sada turns him around, I’m talking to you. Answer me! Don’t you dare say you’re going to rely on that snake. I wouldn’t even cling to that snake if I was drowning. He’ll strangle you and dump your body somewhere. Don’t do it!

Boran glares at his mother and walks out of the room. She calls after him, did you hear me? Boran’s phone on the bed. It pings and Sada picks it up. Ecmel sent a text: son, come to Beydağı tomorrow at 8a so we can talk. Don’t let anyone see you. Sada texts back: I’ll be there. She deletes the messages.

Granny get your gun! Sada goes to her room and loads her pistol. This is for you, Ecmel. Go to your meeting, filthy bastard. Wherever you go… I’ll be there, to lead you straight to your death. Come to me, I’ll give you what you deserve.

And we are out.

 

Lejos - I was amused by sleep the old bedcheck routine done by Sadakat and Boran. But I was not amused that they got past the guards to do it. And Cihan can sleep with his nephew.

 

Lejos - Sorry, the app slipped an extra word in.
 

lejos

Thanks for another great recap, dondi! Your descriptions are always so vivid.

Deniz chimed in about Kadir replacing Muzaffer for the "changing of the guard". I can't even fathom growing up with guards everywhere one lives, but it seems to be as normal in wealthy Turkish families as nannies. Do they work cheap?

Why does Muzaffer call Alya "yenge"? My Reverso dictionary says either sister-in-law or aunt. He's not related to the Alboras.

Yep. Sweet family time...awful Spanish song. I have found it easy to mute it. I watch with Spanish subtitles, and the song lyrics are in italics, so I can see just when to unmute. Ever since NBC bought Telemundo it's been one cheapskate move after another. I assume one has to pay for the rights to songs.

What the hell is right! For a minute there I thought Alya or Cihan was having a nightmare when Sada and Boran burst in. Just so outrageous I can't even believe they did it. Sada told Boran that his wife doesn't want him. Why couldn't she have told him that at the konak and spare Deniz an awful scene. Boran is a malignant narcissist. Deniz is a possession that belongs to him, and he's willing to let the boy suffer to emphasize his possession. If Alya had not headed for the helicopter, I believe he'd have left with Deniz.

"...over her dead body. (I wish). Me too. I have zero expectation Sadakat will be able to kill Ecmel.
 

golden

Still watching but still finding this dizi very upsetting.

I thought Halis was going to the Ihsanli's when he marched out with reinforcements, leaving his son and Ferit behind. I was surprised it was to get Seyran.

I thoroughly enjoyed Halis bullying Kazim. But he's too much of a tyrant lately for me to admire him. He's turned on Seyran and been vicious. She's being an idiot in not accepting Ferit back; she's seen Tarik, after all. But Halis supposedly loves Ferit, but he's willing to yank away the woman he loves for, I suppose, family pride.

I wish they'd get it over with and show us exactly what happened with the Saffet/Hattuc/Halis triangle from long ago
 

Lejos - I think Muzaffer is close enough to Cihan to call Alya sister or SIL. It's an honorific . Cihan has already called both Kadir and Muzaffer brother. (I would have thought he would call Muzaffer uncle. ) I assume in this that Turkiye culture is similar to Pakistani culture. I call my brother's in-laws auntie and uncle. And same with another older relative on that side of the family - I say Uncle, may I clear your plate?. I do know his name.

 

lejos

Thanks for the comments, Anastasia and novelera.

It’s terrible that Telemundo cheats us on the original soundtracks for dizis. We are lucky that they’re giving us the original soundtrack for Golden. Univision must have a bigger budget. Dizis I’ve watched there have the original soundtrack. But they also have maddening edits.

Anastasia is correct. Yenge is a SIL or uncle’s wife. It is also used sometimes for the wife/girlfriend of a friend, especially a close friend in a casual setting. Muzaffer and Kadir are more than just employees. I’ve mentioned that Cihan always calls Muzaffer “ihtiyar”, old man, out of respect for his age and experience. Little Deniz calls him that too. In turn they call Cihan “abi”, older brother. Turks will use family member terms to address non-relatives or even strangers out of respect: abi, abla (older sister), teyze (aunt), amca (uncle). My family isn’t Turkish, but in our ethnic group, we will call some non-relatives aunt, uncle, or cousin.

 

golden

Thanks for commenting, novelera, and sticking with us.

We know that Halis and Saffet were rivals for Hattuc. There was a gunfight, both Halis and Saffet were shot, and Saffet became disabled. Hattuc never married. We find out more in the Turkish second season but it’s not critical to the current storyline.

novelera, do you find Golden more upsetting than Lejos? Aşiret dizis like Lejos and Hercai have heavy themes. At times, I find the brutality difficult to watch. I wonder what people in Southeast Türkiye think about being portrayed like this.

 

Lejos

This is great, Dondi! Hugely appreciate all the detail. Somehow I’d already forgotten some bits.

Wow, breaking into someone’s house and then actually barging into bedrooms?? And why did Sadakat decide to be part of it? She did have pangs about helping with the kidnapping. But this is okay?

Maggie
 

Lejos

Thinking about the actor playing Boran and wondering what’s up with his performance. I noticed he uses his body very little. He brings wooden to a whole other level. He wouldn’t be a good candidate for Dancing With the Stars. I also noticed that when he stands with his arms to his sides he holds them out a bit. It is very unnatural and adds to his Frankenstein vibe.

It’s so stiff that I bet I could do a better Boran and I’ve never acted in my life and I’m sure I have zero talent.

So im thinking this is the director’s choice. If so, he just blew the guy’s acting career. Exactly no casting director is going to say I’m looking for a Boran type. The portrayal is wierd in the extreme.

Maggie
 

Lejos - Recap scheduling. I have K down for Mondays, except K was traveling or otherwise away from the TV last week. I can recap this Monday 9-14 to give K time to catch up, unless I hear otherwise from K.

 

golden

Dondi, yes, I find Golden more disturbing than Lejos. I notice much more misogyny in Golden. I find Kazim's brutalizing of his daughters very upsetting. And I assume Seyran is throwing away the young man who loves her because she's so damaged. They're going on and on seemingly forever with Ifakat and Zerrin scheming and winning every round. They keep torturing me with Suna being too spineless to run away with Abidin. In Lejos the main protagonists are together, and we get happy moments between them. In Lejos Nare managed to marry the man she loves. The only fairly happy couple I can think of now in Golden seems to be Orhan and Gulgun, who've patched things up.
 

Golden - From reading the recaps only, I think Golden is moving at a glacial pace. No one on the show is interesting. There is no good romance. Kazim is brutal and I can't watch a show that thinks it's okay. I expected Ferit to rescue Seyran and report Kazim when he heard about the beating. But the show just ignored it. I don't know why someone said this was a good dizi. There isn't even good Turkish scenery. It suffers mightily compared to Lejos.

 

lejos

Hi there! I was in the mountains but now I’m back and should be awake recap Monday. It was really nice being disconnected for a bit, and reading the recaps was the first thing I got to before any real news.

I think I got the big events. Baby Zerrin is alive because Demir is even worse than we knew. Nadim is right to not like his son. And Zerrin is wrong to not tell anyone about the blackmail. And Ipek is just dumb if she’s going along with this. (Not sure if she is in on it or not- she did t seem that bad).

And the whole kidnapping nonsense. Eye roll emoji. But yay for Pakize and Kadir. At least someone can be happy. Anyone else fake dead that I missed? I’ll put the captions on English for Monday in case I missed something else, like and explanation of why Sadakat didn’t just shoot Ecmel. She shot at Alya, killed Mine, so why not shoot this guy?

K
 

lejos

Maggie, Sada and Boran marching into Alya and Cihan's bedrooms was even weirder. Sadakat brought along a locksmith to open the door to Cihan's new home. I find that somehow worse than breaking in.
 

OT golden, lejos hercai, kpa, etc

I have watched both golden and lejos from the beginning. All dizis move slowly, so that’s no surprise. If you get hooked on some of the characters, it’s usually worth watching. Both Lejos and Hercai showed the Mardin area feudal society, with powerful men and women who are left to acquiesce or manipulate. I still watch Lejos, but I tired of the constant guns, fights, and the smuggling business. These feuds have lasted more than lifetimes. Sadakat really annoys me, and I want to hit the stop button when she shows up. Borhan is almost as bad, and so wooden. I do like Cihan- Alya, sahin-Nare, Kadir-Pakise. I feel for Zerrin, but Kaya seems like a loose cannon, acting too fast and never thinking.

Golden still holds my interest. Perhaps we can skip some of the future seasons, but I do like watching Suna and Seyran try to find their way out of a nightmare. I wish Suna had run with Abi, but he has nothing. They would live impoverished. She is smart and i have long-term hopes for them.

Seyran has PTSD that gets triggered. She loves Ferit but he lies constantly and raised his hand.
Ferit has been allowed to do anything he wants. He is charming, unlike Fuat, and even Halis forgives him easily. He has never been in love until now. He doesn’t know how to forge a trusting relationship with Seyran. He may not know it’s even possible, based on those he sees.

I respond to Ferit-Seyran and want them to defeat the patriarchal system that keeps them down. I loved the New Years scene at the cabin, with all the shopping in Istanbul. I have liked Halis and Hattice and want them to vanquish their pasts. I’ve seen joy in both Ferit and Seyran and want that for this charismatic couple.

I find Kazim repulsive, but he seems to have been raised that way. He is astute schemer. I want him to find that he loves his family.

There is feudal, mob-style stuff from Antep also in Golden. Big groups of henchies with guns. It doesn’t seem much different than Lejos. It was implied somewhere that Ihsanlis were in illegal business, unlike Halis. But Halis can get a posse together with ease.

All dizis are very very long. Golden doesn’t need two more seasons, but I like the good guys enough to want them to prevail. Lejos is similar. I have learned so much about the different parts of Turkiye from these. I do also wonder if folks from Mardin like their portrayal. If they are Kurds, i wonder about this, too.

If such appalling domestic abuse can be hidden from view in Istanbul, that’s very sad. Perhaps some of this is to inform viewers that stuff like this happens, like Fatmagul did.

All in all, these are from Turkiye. They have different expectations for the length of the stories, watching only a couple of hours once a week. They expect it to drag out. I guess that’s why doing the slow walk through KPA was nice. Dondi and I are also doing this now with Golden.

I appreciate all the commenters and recappers! They reveal so much that I miss! I still personally will continue to watch these, mainly hoping for satisfaction in the end.

Babachita



 

OT

Thanks, Babachita. I appreciated your comments about the two dizis we're currently watching. And also the mention of Fatmagul. That Mukkades gave Sadakat a run for her money in the evil-woman sweepstakes!

Thanks for reminding me of the New Years party. That was indeed a happy event.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder