Thursday, September 17, 2026

TELEMUNDO Y MÁS (#2): El Señor de los Cielos, Lejos de Tí, Golden Boy y más: Week of September 14, 2026

TELEMUNDO WEEKEND EDITION (continuación)

Here's Page 2 for the week.  The current telenovelas are as follows (all times are Eastern Daylight Time).

  •  9-10PM     El Señor de los Cielos
  • 10-11PM    Lejos de Tí 
  • Yali Çapkini/Golden Boy

Everyone is welcome to join in the conversation.   Since discussions of all the Telemundo novelas share the same page, please remember to put the name of the telenovela you're referring to at the top of your post, so readers can easily find the conversations they're looking for.

By common agreement, this group DOES NOT DISCUSS previews, trailers, or any other plot information not found in a current or past episode of the current production.  Spoilers WILL be removed by the admin.  This includes references to earlier productions of the story, and even the original novel. Thanks for your cooperation! 

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
lejos

I don't get Ipek's role in Demir's manipulations, but I hope we find out soon.

But many thanks to Dondi for the detailed descriptions of Turkish and Muslim culture/traditions. It makes watching this so much more interesting.

And Fidan is still the best. I loved her telling Kaya that of course Zerrin is at school and stop calling every two seconds. She deserves better than Ecmel, and possibly Boran if he goes off the deep end and joins with his birth father. Kinda seem inevitable, right? Ugh.

K
 

"SENOR10"
I'll be posting my personal thoughts on this evening's episode sometime tomorrow.

 



lejos

Thanks, Anastasia. You got it all and in style!

Demir is just giving Zerrin more time. He has the trump card (aka Zerin's baby) but he insists on Kaya marrying Ipek AND Zerrin returning to him for Zerrin to have her child in her arms.

I think we understand why Zerrin doesn't tell Kaya what's going on. She's seen his impulsivity and fears Demir will spirit the baby away forever.

Sounds like Erol has a dirty trick up his sleeve that Cihan just authorized. The question is whether Alya takes up Sadakat on her offer first.

It's maddening to me how convinced everyone is that Alya would lose custody of Deniz.

And, yes, why did Kaya let Ipek come with? And what's wrong with this woman colluding with a nutcase like Demir? She came in second at the big university event, and she's convinced working with Demir will get her Kaya.


 

Lejos de Ti
Thursday, September 17

Part I

Alya and Nare run into one another at the hospital. Nare says Alya looks really down. When you’re not okay, Cihan isn’t okay. Alya goes to her office and anguishes over what Sadakat told her, No mother wants to lose her child. Take your child and go. If you pick Cihan you’ll lose your son. (This from the lady who constantly tried to get Alya to leave and leave Deniz behind with her.)

At his office Cihan is talking to Sahin. Sahin says the Nare thing is eating him up. Cihan: You just don’t like that Nare works. Get over it.

Car chase! Demir has Zerrin in the car and Kaya, with Ipek, is hot in pursuit. Ipek tells Kaya that she tried to dissuade Zerrin, but she got into the Demir’s car of her own volition. Kaya tries to call Zerrin but she doesn’t pick up. Slow down! says Ipek. I’ll kill him! says Kaya. Slow down she begs again. We watch, cringing, because in a TN whenever somebody says slow down, next thing there’s a car wreck.

But no, just sheep! What are sheep doing out there? There’s nothing to eat. Demir and Zerrin whiz by the approaching big flock, but by the time Kaya comes roaring up they’re blocking the road. Kaya screeches to a halt. He gets out and yells at the shepherd. No animals were injured in the filming of this TN.

Sahin is talking to Cihan in the office. There’s a chance there may be drugs slipped into the next shipment and he wants Cihan’s men to check the shipment. He offers to pay, but Cihan says no. Our lands are valuable and as long as you protect them we’ll support you.

Boran bursts into the office. The lands are mine! Why did you give some to Sihan? Cihan patiently explains all family members plus Sihan own a part of them and he runs it. I have the right to manage them. I have the last word. Soy el jefe de Albora. Boran is livid. I’ll get back what is mine! Others have tried, says Cihan, and they just ended up with a tombstone. We’ll see, says Boran and storms out. Alone at his desk, Cihan glares and looks all alpha male.

At the hospital Nare gets in an elevator that already has a lot of people in it. They get to the next floor and Yalcin is there. He hesitates, but then gets in. Everybody rides in silence. The doors open – will Sahin be out there? Nope, but everybody else gets out. Yalcin and Nare ride another floor without speaking and the doors open and there he is! There’s Sahin! He starts throwing accusations. Nare tells him he really needs to get some help. Cihan shows up. Yalcin says I give up. I quit. Cihan tells Sahin off and persuades Yalcin not to quit. Yalcin hopes he won’t regret it later. Sahin says to Nare that he’s sorry, he’s jealous. Nare tells him he went too far. Sahin promises he’ll do better.

At his office Ecmel is meeting with Nadim. He says he wants to get into polvo. Is that cocaine? No way, says Nadim. I want to get in with your contacts says Ecmel. I know your secret, you know. Nadim: What about Demir? Ecmel says if you don’t tell him he’ll never know.

Demir pulls up to a nice house out in the middle of nowhere that looks like a mini castle. Zerrin thought the baby was in the hospital. No, she’s here says Demir. He takes Zerrin in, but the house is empty. Has he tricked her? Nope, he opens a door and there is the baby in the arms of a nanny. Or maybe she’s a wetnurse. Zerrin melts at the sight of her. The nanny hands the baby (we find out her name is Zimal) to Zerrin. Zerrin asks for some time alone with her. Demir goes out of the room and sits sadly on the stairs.

 

lejos
Part II

In the hospital cafeteria Nare and Alya are talking about feeling sorry for Yalchin. Boran calls Alya. It’s his visitation day. He will come and get Deniz. Alya reminds him that the judge said only when she’s present and she’ll bring Deniz to him. You won’t be alone with him. Remember you kidnapped him. Nare is worried about Alya being alone with him.

Back to Demir at the little house. He’s still sitting sadly on the stairs. He checks his watch then goes into the room where Zerrin and the baby and the nanny are. I just nursed her, Zerrin says. (No mean feat! What a woman!) Demir says time to give her back. Zerrin says no, I smelled her and she smelled me. Demir says if you keep this up you’ll never see her. Zerrin promises she’ll be back. She asks if he has no feelings. He says his feelings are gone. In this life people with feelings lose. When Ipek gets the ring and you come back to me, you’ll get your child.

She goes out to the car. Demir, alone, looks very sad for someone who says he has no feelings.

At Ecmel’s house Kaya tells Nare and Fidan about Demir taking Zerrin. Sahin shows up. He and others have been looking, but no luck. Zerrin appears! Demir just wanted to talk about getting back together. Kaya: he killed our baby! He wants to know why she got in the car with him. He rants a bit. Why didn’t you answer your phone? Why didn’t you get out of the car? She says I was afraid he’d hurt you. Ecmel shows up and says how dare you talk to my daughter like that? She has a baby with him, they’re married. The matter is settled. The others tell Kaya he better go ahead and leave.

Ecmal rants that Zerrin will go back to Demir. The others go into the house and shut the door in Ecmel’s face. They knock on Zerrin’s bedroom door then decide to let her have some time alone. She cries and asks for a sign. What should she do?

Cihan and Kaya at the office. Kaya feels bad he yelled at Zerrin. After all, they lost their baby. Cihan thinks Demir is threatening Zerrin, but with what? Kaya thinks he has nothing.

Pakize is building legos with Deniz. She calls her mom and wants to know if Mussafer is still having that dream. Every night says her mom. Kadir despairs.

Alya arrives at the farmhouse. Kadir tells her that Boran is outside at the gate causing problems. Alya goes out. He’s there saying he can take his son whenever he wants. Some lawyer is there with him and says the judge said 4 hours a week with the mother present. We know that. Alya is complying.
What’s his point?

Cihan arrives. He tells Boran that Deniz is at the mansion. Boran grabs him by the lapels. The police show up. There’s a standoff. Sadakat shows up because of course she does. She tells Boran that Deniz is at the mansion -she took him there. He wants the police to look in the house. They do and nope, nobody there. The police leave. Sadakat tells Boran to come on home. She and Cihan give each other meaningful nods.

Back at the konak she tells Boran to never, ever have the police appear at an Albora property. Boran: I’ll do whatever I want, whatever’s necessary.

At the house Cihan is explaining he told Mussafer to sneak Deniz out the back then he called his mother and told her to come get Boran.

Maggie




 

"SENOR10"
Here's my super-short recap of last night's episode.
*Aurelio & Co., arrive in NY St & ambush several bodyguards of Turtleneck Dude. We see Aurelio & Co., getting the scantily clad women out if there.

*Cowgirl Redhead freaks out after watching Aurelio stab Turtleneck Dude to death via videophone.

*Aurelio removes the left hand of Turtleneck Dude & takes one of the fancy rings LOL.

*Felina suffers another health episode. The clock is ticking on Felina: Tick-Tock.

*Isidro showing jealousy over Amanda seeing one of the politicians at the casino LOL.

*Dalila has Alfaro on her large board of targets to go after.
 

lejos

Thank you, Anastasia and Maggie. My mind has been wandering lately during the episodes. I need these recaps. I’ll pay attention tonight.

“It's maddening to me how convinced everyone is that Alya would lose custody of Deniz.” Yes, it is maddening. Boran is unhinged, and doesn’t Alya have witnesses/character witnesses. I think she still has the video.

“Sadakat says that she, Sadakat, is the key to Alya's salvation”. Does anyone believe that? “Sadakat says, "We all choose our children. Decide soon." Clearly Sadakat chooses hers, even if she likes torturing them. She will never think of others before herself.

Killer song when Alya and Sada meet: Daha/More – Berrin Keskin
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veILgOyGCew
English CCs available.

Boran bursts into the office [sub: house, room, hospital, town square]. I am Boran Albora! The lands [sub or add: Alya, Deniz] are mine! This has become a joke.

“What are sheep doing out there?” lol, plot device sheep. “No animals were injured in the filming of this TN.” It says so in the closing credits.

Please stop with Nare and Yelcin looking guilty every time they see each other. The way they looked in the elevator, I’d be suspicious, too. Don’t ruin Sahin.

What should Zerrin do? She should tell Cihan, of course. He’s the only one who can help.

 

Lejos

I was yelling at Boran throwing the TV - "They got land because they were alive when the land was distributed. You were dead - at your own choosing." That being said, Boran no doubt has rights to some land. Cihan should recognize this.

Zerrin - I learned something new. I didn't know you can start lactation weeks after birth. She must have started preparing as soon as she knew her daughter was alive. (I don't want to go into descriptions here because I don't want to trip censors. It involves massage.)

Sheep - It's amazing where some breeds of sheep can live. Yes, at the edge of a desert. I saw sheep grazing in similar mostly barren countryside in the West Bank during a trip. I was surprised. (Note the land near Bethlehem was a little bit greener than where we were on the day I am thinking of.) We were there in spring.

 

Lejos

First off Anastasia, I want to thank you big time for your recap of Wednesday’s show which I didn’t read until just before yesterday’s started. I recall that I didn’t enjoy that episode much but I don’t remember exactly why. What did strike me is that when Deniz wanted a glass of water, the water they got him was yellow. I wonder what’s up with that.

Also – sheep! It didn’t look like there was enough grass for one, let alone a whole big flock. The land is so bare that I’ve been wondering why ancient towns like Midyat and Mardin are even there. What did people eat? When I look at the satellite images of the area, it’s all brown. When I look up the two cities they talk about their agriculture. Sesame, wheat, bulgar etc. Cotton. And even grapes! Where is it? There is a big patch of agriculture south of Mardin but it looks like it would take more than a day to get to it if you were traveling by foot or donkey. Why not build the city where the agriculture is? Maybe they picked a hillside for defense.

The vast emptiness of the landscape really astonishes me. Here near LA we have deserts. LA has a mountain range that runs east-west. I live tight against it and if I threw a rock north over the mountains I’d hit the high desert, so called because of its elevation. They can get snow. If I drive east I come to Palm Springs, low desert where in summer they think of 100 degrees as a cool day. Keep driving east and you have all the desert you want.

But it’s not empty! It’s characterized as “sage brush and jackrabbits.” Desert animals live there. It’s nothing like the desert Lawrence of Arabia wandered around in in the movie and nothing like the barren expanse in our dizi. I wonder what lives in the area we’re seeing. Just insects and lizards I bet. Maybe some snakes.

Maggie

 

lejos

The Friday midnight thank you to Anastasia was me. I again lost my identity somehow. Google hates me.
 

lejos

Thanks, Maggie, for another witty recap. I did not know until your post that you were also a Californian. I'm Bay Area.

Loved "no animals were harmed"!

I keep losing track of earlier dark secrets. Is Nadim's that he was the one who killed Azem?

I don't care how many sad faces Demir makes. I loathe him and would happily watch him in boiling oil or strung up from one of those high balconies.

Anastasia touched on the very late lactation. I was: What?

Dondi, you beat me to it. Of course what Zerrin needs to do is tell Cihan.

Bring back Coma Boran, please.
 

Lejos

Coma Boran! Love it!!

I find the Demir character interesting because he’s the only complex character in the batch. His aching desire for a family, a wife and child, is poignant. His way of going about it is completely nutso and he’s inflicting a lot of pain. And who wants a wife who detests you and won’t let you touch her?

Speaking of complexity, I’ve been wondering what Kaya sees in Zerrin, why he’s so in love with her. Yes, she’s pretty, but she has no discernible personality. She mostly just stares blankly.

Maggie
 

lejos

Before $%^& Ipek told Demir where Zerrin was hiding, we saw some a normal Zerrin, happy and smiling. She was seeing the young man she loved on a regular basis. Before she stayed with Demir for months so he wouldn't kill Kaya and did a lot of staring then. Now she's seemingly getting ready to tell Kaya that she doesn't love him anymore. The whole thing is nuts. Are the writers going with another wedding with Ipek, this time taking place?
 

Lejos - Not thrilled (at all) about Zerrin presumably going back to Demir. Maybe that's the drama for the third season.

 

"SENOR10"
Howdy from the Alamo City CarayCaray Family. Here's my super-short recap of last night's episode.
*Isturiz kicking Alfaro's Backup Buddy's ass during their fight. We also see flashbacks from several years ago about Isturiz getting roughed up in prison.

*The Mysterious Soviet at the casino & Amanda attempting to flirt with him. What could possibly go wrong?

*The clock still ticking on Felina: Just hurry up & kill her off already.

*Cowgirl Redhead secretly thinking about Aurelio LOL.

*Castillo, Romina & Dalila: Fast Forward LOL.

*We see the Italian mafia barging into the apartment complex in NY St.
 

lejos
S2 #47 part 1

Rewind: Sadakat tells Boran she doesn’t want cops or gendarmes showing up at Albora properties. Boran blows her off.

Another depressing Albora dinner scene. Deniz is the only one enjoying the food. He notes that everyone is quiet. Did something bad happen? [doesn’t it always?] Sada answers that everyone is tired from work. She tells the boy to go with Boran and play the new video game they bought for him. Deniz asks Alya for permission and she gives it.

Boran and Deniz leave and Sada takes the opportunity to scold the remaining family members about bringing the cops and dragging the Albora name through the mud. They are saved by Muzaffer entering the room and telling Cihan that there’s a land dispute that needs to be settled. Cihan and Kaya follow Muzaffer out. That leaves Alya with Sada. Sada asks her to come to her room to talk. It’s important.

Sada starts, today the gendarmes showed up at our door. We resolved it, but what will happen tomorrow? What will happen when Boran insists on seeing his son alone? I know you’re scared he will kidnap him. He could. Even if he doesn’t, he knows you want to divorce. When is your hearing? Boran hasn’t changed his statement. Do you know what your file says? You’re a dangerous mother.

Alya is uneasy but remains quiet. Sada continues, we’re talking about a boy you can’t leave alone with Boran for 4 hours. One of these days, he’s going to take him from you, Alya. When that day comes, what will you do? Cihan saved you today. What about tomorrow? It can’t go on like this. One brother will destroy the other. Either Cihan becomes his brother’s killer, or he’ll be the one to lose his life. You can save Cihan and your son by leaving the country. It’s what you ought to do. We have no other choice. Decide because the hearing is coming soon. Everything is ready. Just say the word. I’ll take care of everything. To save both, you must leave.

Alya turns and leaves without a word. She goes to the living room and agonizes over what to do. Boran comes to the room, alone. Where is Deniz, she asks. You’ve turned him against me so much, he replies, that he left after 10 minutes and ran to the kitchen. That’s not it, Alya fires back, ou know why, it’s because my son’s heart is pure. He’s sensitive. He can see the hearts of others. How can you make that false accusation against me? How could you tarnish your honor like that? Answer me! Withdraw your statement.

Boran answers, only if you don’t divorce. Alya tells him for the millionth time she doesn’t love him anymore. She wants to be with Cihan. She asks, why do you keep insisting? Boran says, I will do whatever it takes to keep you from being with Cihan. [the writers are doing a bang-up job of it, too.] He threatens to take Deniz. Then you will collapse at my feet and beg me to return to you and be your husband.

Alya slaps Boran! I think she surprised herself. Terbiyesiz! (Ill-mannered!) Boran grabs Alya’s arm—how dare you! Cihan and Kaya enter, followed by Sada. Boran, what are you doing? Cihan removes Boran’s hand from Alya. He takes Alya away. She briefly pauses to look at Sada before she exits.

 

lejos
S2 #47 part 2

Cihan and Alya are back at the farmhouse. Deniz is asleep. Cihan asks, why was Boran with you? What did he say? I asked him to withdraw his statement, Alya replies, he said no. Cihan asks, why do you still talk to him? Do you think he’ll change his statement? What do you suggest, Alya answers, do I wait for him to take my son? He advises her not to get ahead of herself. She can’t stand the idea of Deniz being alone with Boran for even a minute. She can’t stand the chance he will take her son. She can’t live without Deniz, and he can’t live without her.

Kusura bakma (sorry), Cihan says, when I got there, he was standing in front of you like a maniac. How did it get to that point? Alya explains, he grabbed me because I slapped him. Cihan is surprised. Alya says, he was talking nonsense and he deserved it. Notice Cihan’s slight smile when he admonishes her—that’s not right. They both sigh. She goes to her room.

Erol calls Cihan. Cihan asks, what did you do with the matter concerning Boran? Okay, tell him to come tomorrow, make it fast. See you. I guess we’ll see, too.

Alya looks at herself in the mirror. She’s ready to cry but holds back. She gets a call, we don’t see who it is. She looks surprised, then angry, and throws her phone down and walks away. Ah, the call is from Sada.

Alya cries in the shower. [I’m sure Cihan won’t come in because her clothes are off.] Flashback to Cihan stopping her at the airport: Alya, with you by my side I can take on the world. I can’t promise you a bed of roses, maybe it will be worse than before. Maybe they will plant landmines in our path. It doesn’t matter, we’ll fall and get back up. Or maybe we won’t, I don’t know. But I don’t want to lose you because I love you. [ha, they didn’t even bother to show us that lousy kiss.]

Cut to a flashback with Alya in the car with Sada telling her to leave or lose your son. You’ll be a casualty in the war between my sons. I’ll get you out of the country in secret. Blah, blah, blah. Alya sobs in the shower. Another flashback to Cihan, when they were separated. He tells her on the phone how hard it is for him when she’s not there.

Then Alya thinks back to Sada saying: I know how much my son [the good son, Cihan.] loves you. The depth of his love for you and how much you love him. These things can’t be denied. The separation will be difficult. I know Cihan will be devastated, but time heals all wounds. [we see the happy hay bale scene. When they stopped at the hotel and Alya got drunk. Cihan blowing out candles at his surprise party.] If you choose Cihan, you’ll lose your son. And no mother wants to lose her son. Alya continues to cry.

Cihan is asleep on the living room couch. Alya is out of the shower. She looks at her phone and sighs. She calls Sada. The words don’t come easy for her. I… she lowers the phone and whimpers for a few seconds. She regains composure and says—my son and I will leave. [They play the real theme song. To me, this is the theme of the show, not a love story. Women suffer. And everyone in this show suffers for love.] Sada tells Alya she’s doing the right thing. Alya whimpers.

Alya comes to the living room and sees Cihan sleeping. She gets a blanket, covers him, and snuggles up underneath next to him. Half asleep, Cihan puts his arm around her. He whispers, I though you were going to leave after covering me. She clings to him.

In the morning, Kadir rushes into the living room. Cihan is sleeping alone on the couch. Cihan! Cihan! Alya took her son and left! They got in Sadakat Hanim’s car and left. Cihan hurries outside and calls out for Alya.

 

lejos
S2 #47 part 3

Alya is at the airport with Deniz and Sada. There’s an announcement for a Frankfurt flight now boarding. Alya must be squeezing Deniz’ hand hard, he says she’s hurting him. Sada asks Deniz for a hug. She will miss him very much. Deniz says he will miss her, but they will be back in ten days. Right, mom? Alya sighs and doesn’t directly answer that. Alya presents the passports to the guard. Sada explains that she’s doing all this for her family. Forgive me. Alya says nothing and heads to the security area.

Here comes Cihan. Mom? Alya! Alya doesn’t respond. Deniz tells her, look, Dad is here. Cihan shouts at Alya not to leave. Sada tries to hold him back. Alya hurries Deniz through. Cihan calls out to Deniz—son, bring your mother back! They go through the metal detector. Deniz thinks they should go back.

Cihan tries to get through, but the guards stop him. My wife is there, he explains, just give me five minutes. Alya! We’ve overcome so many problems. Thousands! We thought we were done and managed to start over! Alya keeps walking. Cihan shouts, please don’t leave me! The guards ask Cihan to leave. He’s not leaving and continues to shout. Alya tells herself, don’t turn around… don’t turn around. Alya and Deniz go through the gate. Cihan continues to shout, don’t go! I love you!

No, not the Spanish song. Here’s the real song: Gidiyorum/I’m Leaving – Sezen Aksu
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWNAiru5wQc
Lyrics in the dropdown you can translate.

What? Alya is on the couch, in Cihan’s arms. Yes, folks, she’s having another upsetting dream. She’s talking in her sleep. Cihan… Cihan… she starts crying. He wakes up and comforts her. Don’t worry, everything is fine. It’s just a dream. He holds her. He asks her about the dream. Was it about Deniz? She nods, yes. Did they take Deniz from you? She whimpers, then answers, I was about to lose Cihan. [Cihan? Not Deniz? She didn’t say this in the Turkish, but you know she meant adult Cihan.] Cihan assures her no one will take Cihan (Deniz) away from her.

Alya gets up to wash her face. She replays Cihan at the airport stopping her from leaving [the real scene]. Cihan telling her he needs her by his side because she gives him strength. We see more scenes of Cihan telling her similar things. Alya continues to cry. Forgive me, Cihan. Affet beni… affet…

I guess she was taking too long because Cihan shows up at the bathroom door. It was just a bad dream, he says, come out. She dries her eyes and comes out. How about I make you an omelet, he says, it will help. Deniz helps Cihan make the omelet, while Alya sits and waits. She thinks about what Sada said: no mother wants to lose her son. If you choose Cihan, you’ll lose your son. Decide. You’re running out of time.

Deniz notices his mom isn’t happy. She says she was just thinking and watching. Cihan flips the omelet like a pro. He whispers a suggestion to Deniz. A surprise for Alya to cheer her up. They put a happy face on the omelet. [They lost me at the ketchup smile. No ketchup on eggs. I hardly use ketchup for anything. Feel free to agree or disagree.] Alya loves her happy omelet. They all take a piece.

Kaya shows up at the university. Ipek is out there having coffee and she greets him. Are you here for Zerrin? He nods. Ipek says hasn’t arrived yet. Sit and have breakfast. He doesn’t want to eat, but orders tea. Demir let Zerrin go, Ipek says, I was relieved nothing happened. Kaya answers, me too. She asks, why did Zerrin get in his car? He tells her she was trying to convince Demir to divorce. Ipek replies, but she knows that will never happen. Kaya just stares.

 

lejos
S2 #47 part 4

Zerrin arrives and Kaya approaches her. Good morning. I yelled at you yesterday. It was wrong and I’m sorry. But I did it out of fear. She says she knows that. Kaya notes that she still looks upset. She denies that and says she just needs time to pull herself together. She needs some space. He hands her the baby bootie she dropped. Zerrin, I haven’t forgotten what happened either. It still hurts, every day, every night. But we have to move past this, and we should do it together. She takes the bootie, wipes a tear and tells Kaya she’s got an important test to take. She looks over at Ipek as she walks away.

Ipek comes over to Kaya and puts her hand on his arm. Don’t worry. Things will get better. She just lost the baby. She needs time. Kaya nods, inshallah. In spite of all that’s happened, you’re still nice to me. Thank you. She smiles, I’m just thinking of you, Kaya. I told you, I just want you to be happy. Ipek says she has to go, but if he needs anything, she’ll be there.

Cihan wants to drive Alya to the hospital. She doesn’t want him to be late for work. I’m not going to the office, he says, I need to be at the field. It’s on the way, so I can take you. She has to give in. Cihan pulls up to the hospital. See you tonight. I’m working tonight, she replies. He jokes, I’ll have to take a look at your schedule. I can’t have my wife working like this all the time. [he should have stopped at “I can’t have my wife.”]

Alya gets a call from Sada. She tells Cihan it’s from a doctor, she has to go. She gets out of the car. They wave goodbye to each other. He drives away and Alya calls back Sada. She doesn’t immediately see that Nare has walked up behind her. Nare overhears Alya, “I was with Cihan and couldn’t answer, Sadakat Hanim”. We hear Sada, okay, don’t be late. Alya says she’s on her way. Nare is alarmed. She sees Alya get in a taxi.

Alya meets Sada in a warehouse. Sada was worried that Alya changed her mind and wouldn’t show up. I wish I could, Alya replies, I wish that was an option. Sada answers, you can’t, especially when you have a child. Everything you’ve done so far has been with your son in mind. Today it will be no different. Alya asks, how will we leave the country?

Sada explains, there’s a cargo truck going to Syria. You’ll be on it through the Nusaybin crossing. Once you cross the border, someone will take you to my people. From there, you’ll go to Lebanon. It’s the cleanest, safest route. The rest will be easy. You can go to any European country you choose. Alya holds back tears. She nods. Sada tells her, you’ll always have my moral and financial support. Alya asks, when? Sada replies, the truck leaves tonight.

And we are out.

 

lejos

Thanks, dondi! Really enjoyed your recap and pointed asides! I can probably write more later. Now I'm off to the city for a matinee performance of a new play, African Stew, dealing with the culture clashes between the parents of a Nigerian American and African American couple planning to marry.
 

Lejos

Thank you Dondi for the recap. I only watched a few bits last night because we watched the Brewers and switched to Lejos during commercials. And NBC Telemundo has not uploaded Friday's episode to internet yet.

 

Well, drat. I had written a long comment and then poof! It disappeared. This time it was my fault. I was typing it into my phone and I poked the wrong thing and closed the tab. I went off and did some chores, grumbling, and now I’m back but on my desktop where I can’t make that mistake again.

Anyway, thank you, Dondi, for an outstanding recap and I absolutely loved your fun asides.

Another oops it was just a dream bit? How annoying. Cheap shot, writers.

Alya tells Boran that Deniz is a sensitive child who really picks up on other people. All through this I’ve been amazed at how oblivious he is. The house just thrums with tension; dinners are agony with nobody speaking and sometimes with people stomping off. So much great-looking food left uneaten. But clueless Deniz is always bright and cheerful and when it’s suggested he go to his room and play (to get him away from drama that’s about to explode), he happily says sure and off he goes. It’s a very toxic environment for a child but he’s completely unfazed. And unaware.

Sadakat is going to smuggle Alya out! Handy that smuggling is the family business. She knows exactly how to go about it. I’m trying to remember – Deniz wasn’t there in the warehouse, right? I hope Sadakat isn’t planning to hang onto him. And what’s up with Alya picking any county in Europe she wants? What about Canada where she actually knows people?

I went to Google maps and looked up the town where Alya will cross the border. It’s not far from Mardin. While I was looking, I checked out Syria. It’s practically all desert! There’s some civilization along the Euphrates, and a lot over by the coast, but the vast majority of the land seems empty. Such a big country but not much usable land!

Maggie

 

lejos

I could only half watch and was very confused when Alya “left” the country and then was suddenly back. It’s good that it was a dream because she’s already half left through the airport a few times. Once more and they are going to ban her from the place.

But Syria? She can’t just drive through Turkey? It’s a weird plan. Not like Boran has much pull there anymore given he’s been dead for the last year- not compared to his mother- so why not use local roads?

I’m loving the real music links. I wish they’d use it in the show all the time, but thanks Dondi for filling in the gaps. It’s good music.

K
 

Back from the city. ITA, Maggie. This is not the first time dizi writers have come up with whole scenes that turn out to be dreams. I guess it's their schtick. I hate it.

I don't think Alya will manage to leave. Nare seeing her show up and work and then take off is probably the way the plan fails. It just isn't a TN or a dizi if the two protagonists are living in different countries. What's frustrating me is that Cihan and Erol have alluded to some kind of "play dirty" plan for Boran not to get custody. And they're not telling us what it is.

Yes, as dondi mentioned earlier, there have been witnesses to Boran's erratic behavior. Why does Alya believe he'd prevail and get custody? I can't tell if Sada believes what she's saying to Alya about Boran definitely winning in court or she's saying that so Alya will leave and one of her sons won't kill the other.

I gag every time they show Ipek. She's definitely in cahoots with Demir to break up Kaya and Zerrin, but she keeps approaching Zerrin and making nice.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder