Monday, August 03, 2026

TELEMUNDO Y MÁS (#1): El Señor de los Cielos, Lejos de ti, Golden Boy y Más: Week of August 3, 2026

Welcome to Page 1 (Monday edition) of the Telemundo y Más page, issued twice a week: Mondays and Thursdays at 8:00 PM.

Here are the current telenovelas (all times are Eastern Daylight Time):

9 -10PM El Señor de los Cielos 10 (final season)
10-11PM Lejos de ti (season 2)
Yali Capkini/Golden Boy

Everyone is welcome to join in the conversation. Since discussions of all the novelas share the same page, please remember to put the name of the telenovela you're referring to at the top of your post, so readers can easily find the conversations they're looking for.

By common agreement, this group DOES NOT discuss previews, trailers, or any other plot information not found in a current or past episode of the current production. Spoilers WILL be removed by the admin. This includes reference to earlier productions of the story, and even the original novel. Thanks for your cooperation!

Labels: , , ,


Comments:
"SENOR10"
Howdy from the Alamo City CarayCaray Family. Here's my super-short recap of last night's episode.

*Isidro & Nina engaged into a steamy sex escapade.

*Crazy Lucy placed a tracking device on the passenger seat of Vitaminas's automobile giving Cifuentes & Alfaro the perfect opening to ambush Los Casillas.

*Slick Mauricio instigated his father's fatal heart attack & we see him threatening Constanza. He also deletes the incriminating video.

*Percentage odds that Constanza makes it alive in the Series Finale? 🤔

*Aurelio, Felina & Consuelo tracking Primero Banco, etc.,

*While Los Casillas are busy with other strategies, Cifuentes & Alfaro begin their plot to ambush them.



 

Lejos - I will recap Monday later on today. I have an appointment this afternoon.

 

Lejos de Ti (Uzak Sehir)
Monday, 8/3/2026, part 1
Series 2, Episode 15

Sadakat is in prison for causing harm to a patient, in an attempt to get Alya in trouble. But a witness, Vurgun, heard her plotting, and there is a video tape besides. So Alya denounced (accused) her.

Nare and Kaya want Alya to drop the charges. Alya's ONLY condition for Sadakat's release is that Sadakat does not take young Deniz (Little Cihan) to see Boran unless and until Boran recuperates. Sadakat promises this, and Cihan the elder witnesses this promise. Alya feels she went back on her own principles, because Sadakat did plan to harm a patient. (Luckily, that plot was caught in time.) (I am sure we all agree that Alya should have demanded more from Sadakat. Like sit down, shut up, and behave.)

Zerrin was kidnapped in a prior episode by the father of Hamada (who was involved in Boran's "death"). Zerrin and HamaPapa are riding in a pickup, Zerrin tied up in the back seat. She has managed to untie herself, reaches forward to choke the guy with the rope while he is driving, and they crash into a cement wall. The HamaPapa is injured, knocked out, possibly dead. Zerrin uses his phone to call Sahin (who was with Cihan and Kaya). She is in a boonie area called Savar. Oops, HamaPapa is alive and puts a gun to her head.

Sahin calls Ecmel - Zerrin has been found! Ecmel is the only one who knows that Z's kidnapper is Hamada's papa, and Ecmel wants to get to him first.

HamaPapa takes Zerrin to an abandoned cottage, ties her up, and rigs the door so that if someone opens it, a gun will shoot Zerrin. Kaya goes to open the door, without regard to the possiblity of a trap. Cihan realizes that there may be a trap and yells to Kaya not to open the door. Kaya hesitates, and then starts to open the door. But Demir, also on the scene, enters the cabin through the roof just then, ends up in front of Zerrin, and takes the bullet in the shoulder. Cihan goes to chase HamaPapa, while the rest of the crew take care of Zerrin and Demir. (Dr. Alya is also there.) HamaPapa jumps into his own vehicle. A gun fight ensues, and Cihan's vehicle is damaged. Actually, it was Ecmel's men in the gun battle, so Cihan would not find HamaPapa, who escaped. (They didn't dwell on it, and I hope Kaya never realizes that he almost killed Zerrin.)

Zerrin and her baby are in the hospital and they are doing well. Demir stops in to see her before his own surgery to remove the bullet from his shoulder. Zerrin and Kaya also exchange meaningful glances. Zerrin is asked what she knows. She knows only that the man was Syrian by his accent. Ecmel immediately blames the kidnapping on Sadakat, to shift blame.

Kaya, outside in the courtyard with Cihan, realizes that Demir loves Zerrin. Demir first married Zerrin for revenge on the Alboras, but has grown to love Zerrin. Demir stepped in to save Zerrin without thinking about a trap. Kaya cries on Cihan's shoulder. Kaya knows he has lost Zerrin forever. There will be no divorce. Ipek happens to have stopped by the hospital for some reason and overhears Kaya talking to Cihan about his love for Zerrin. Eventually, she greets Kaya and Cihan. Alya comes out to the courtyard and says Demir got out of surgery and is doing well. Ipek comments to Kaya (rubs it in) that Demir loves Zerrin and her child.


 

Lejos de Ti
Monday, 8/3/2026, part 2

Sadakat is back at the konak mansion, sitting with Boran. Zurgun tells Sada that he is the one who told on her. Sadakat is angry (can I say "pissed"?) and tries to kick Zurgun out. Zurgun tells her that he made a promise that he would not leave Boran. Dr. Yalcin arrives to talk about the test results for Boran's kidneys. Sadakat is upset with Zurgun and about Boran's kidney situation and she is back to her usual heightened sense of entitlement and anger.

Dr. Yalcin waits to tell the test results until Cihan, Alya, Kaya and Nare can hear them altogether with Sadakat and Zurgun. Boran has only one kidney, for some reason I don't know. He does need a kidney transplant soon. Luckily the Alboras own the hospital, so they can keep the operation a secret. Cihan is told by Dr. Yalcin that he cannot donate due to a small unruptured aneurysm he has in his brain. He could die due to the anesthesia or surgery complications. Cihan still insists on doing the compatibility matching test. Cihan does not want Alya to take the test because she is a mother (implying that she might die in the operation). The tests will be done anonymously. Everyone goes to the hospital to get the tests done - the family, the servant family, and Sahin.

Dr. Yalcin tells Cihan privately that he is a match, so now they have to consider his aneurysm. Cihan tells Dr. Yalcin not to tell Alya about the aneurysm. (I am yelling at the tv, wondering how Dr. Yalcin can keep Dr. Alya from looking at Cihan's chart.)

Yep, Alya got ahold of Cihan's file and read it. She comes back to the mansion and yells at Cihan and Dr. Yalcin for considering having Cihan donate. He would have only a 50/50 chance of surviving the surgery. The family is in despair. Alya announces that she will be the donor. She is also compatible. (Oh, the irony.) End episode.

 

golden
#79 part 1

Defne calls Orhan at work and he’s put off by it. She asks, are you busy? I called you yesterday, but you didn’t answer. You didn’t call me back either. Orhan explains, Seyran’s family came to the house for dinner, and I didn’t have the chance. Defne says, please don’t run away from me. What shouldn’t I run from, Orhan asks, it’s only…

Defne interrupts—only the things we couldn’t experience in the past. I’m sure you remember it the same as me. Admit it. You felt the same way. I know. Orhan says they shouldn’t discuss this over the phone. I’d love to see you so we could talk, she replies. Orhan doesn’t answer. She asks, do you think you can stop by? Orhan sighs and taps the phone against his forehead. Defne begs, please don’t break my heart. Come see me. He gives in. She smiles, see you soon.

Ferit is lounging in the boat at the dock. He calls out to Abidin who is lost in his thoughts. Abi… Abi… Hey! Abidin! I’m telling you the weather is nice. Look, if you have a problem, you can talk to me. Abi doesn’t even have the chance to answer, the girls come out to the dock.

Suna looks as sad as Abidin. She freezes when she sees Abi. Seyran advises her, don’t let them know you are scared. Then Ferit will start making mean jokes. Don’t worry, I’m by your side. I was scared at the boat at first, too, but I got over it quickly. Do you hear me? Suna nods.

Ferit gets up to greet the girls. Seyran greets Abi and quietly says, we need your help. Don’t let Ferit make fun of us. Ferit reaches out to Seyran. Enough… come my wife. She takes Ferit’s hand and he pulls her on board. He calls Suna, come on… don’t keep your damat waiting, otherwise he could change his mind.

Abi and Suna look tortured. Ferit tells Abi, what are you waiting for? Help her. Abi says, allow me to help you, Suna Hanim. He gets on the boat and holds out his hand to her. Suna notes, it’s moving so much. Seyran tries to be encouraging, Suna, remember what I said…come on. Ferit starts laughing at her.

Suna takes hold of Abi’s hand. Avoiding her eyes, he helps her board. Then he gets off the boat. Ferit calls him back. Abi tells Ferit his mother needs him to drive her somewhere. Ferit says he’ll call Latif and get someone else to drive. Come on, Abi, we’ll be late. Get in. Abi gets in and sits. He tries not to look at Suna. Suna tries not to look at him. The boat leaves the dock. Both Suna and Abi look hopeless. Ferit throws a pillow at Abi to snap him out of his funk. He gets Abi to give a weak smile.

The boat reaches its destination. Saffet, with backpack, is at the dock to meet them. Ferit tells him to toss it. I can’t, Saffet says, my laptop and phones are in here. Ferit asks Abi to help Saffet with his backpack. Abi gives Saffet a quick look over as he takes the pack. Saffet has also brought a folding scooter along. He gets on the boat and they set off.

Saffet starts a conversation. Hello, Suna. She nods at him. And how are you, Seyran? She answers, fine, thanks, and you? Fine, Saffet replies, I’m excited. This is my first time. What? Ferit asks, this is your first time on a boat? Saffet says no, what I’m experiencing now is something else entirely.

Ferit laughs, did you hear that, Seyran? So innocent. He tells Saffet, bacanak, (wife’s sister’s husband), don’t go out of your way to be so polite. These sisters don’t understand politeness. [ha, Seyran’s annoyed look.] Saffet explains, this is my first time going out with a group of friends at this hour on a weekday.

 

golden
#79 part 2

Ferit sidles up to Saffet and advises, BIL, don’t show your feelings so much. Saffet listens intently. Calm down, nothing’s wrong, Ferit says, I’ll give you some advice. Think of it like a video game. Okay? Saffet gets it.

Saffet takes some snacks out of his backpack. Ferit laughs. Saffet explains he was too excited to eat breakfast and starts eating. Ferit asks him if he would like something to drink with his snack. Saffet asks, do you have soda? Ferit laughs again—how sweet! He asks Abi to get a soda for Saffet.

Ferit looks over at Suna, who has been staring down practically this entire time. Hey… Suna… join the conversation. You haven’t said anything. We’ve come all this way. Relax, take a deep breath, enjoy it! Look, my BIL is here, too.

Saffet looks ahead and points out excitedly, look, if we get past that headland, I’ll show you the place where my current project is located. It’s a huge construction! Ferit leans over to Seyran. I think your father will like him. I’m jealous. Seyran ignores Ferit and moves next to Suna. Come on, Suna. Smile, it’s getting a little embarrassing. Suna looks over at Abi. He’s got a sour look.

Kazim is in the office with that potential partner, Hamdi. He reviews some documents and mutters, 13 points, 13 points. Beautiful, beautiful. Thirteen is a lucky number, he says, I’ll sign it. Hamdi smiles, nods, and says, congratulations! Kazim signs.

Fuat knocks at the door and Kazim tells him to come in. Kazim is ticked at Betul for not announcing him. He says she’s not very good at her job. Fuat answers, I’m not like other guests. I’d like to believe your door will always be open to me. Kazim says he was just joking, have a seat.

Kazim asks the men, did you come to an agreement? Fuat and Hamdi look at each other. Hamdi quickly says, I have to go. I’ll leave so you can talk. We’re set for now, Kazim Bey? Kazim answers, if you two aren’t okay, that’s fine. With you by my side, I know I’ll never stumble. Hamdi takes the papers and leaves. [I’m not sure what the issue is here.]

Ferit comments on Saffet’s project site. It’s massive. He’s impressed. Are you building a hotel? No, Saffet replies, not just a hotel. A residential building. And there will be a shopping center. It will be like a small city. Ferit turns to Suna, that’s great…did you hear that? Maybe you could both live there.

Suna doesn’t look up. Abi looks depressed. Saffet says the project will take years to complete. Besides, my father shared his plans with me. See that large mansion over there. The largest one. It belongs to my grandfather. It’s been empty for a long time. He’ll give it to us after we are married. Ferit thinks that’s great. He tells Suna to lift her head up and take a look. Seyran tries to get Suna’s attention. Ferit congratulates Saffet.

Suna gets a phone call. It’s Kazim. The sisters wonder why he is calling. Seyran asks Ferit to check if Kazim called him first. Ferit says no. Saffet asks, aren’t you going to answer? He makes that weird little giggle sound and says, your ringtone is unpleasant. Ferit thinks that’s a bit rude. Suna answers. Kazim wants to know how things are going with Saffet. Have you talked about your future? Suna says not yet. Kazim is ticked. He compares Suna to her mother, someone incapable of making the most of an opportunity.

 

golden
#79 part 3

Kazim gives Suna advice. Listen, daughter, don’t let anyone think you’re alone and helpless. You have a father who is as strong as a rock. He can’t think we sent you to your sister’s house because you’d end up alone, understand? Suna understands. Final advice from Kazim: don’t mumble when you speak. Keep your head high, but don’t overdo it. And don’t embarrass us again with your clumsiness. It’s all about balance. Suna says she understands. End call.

Ferit asks, what did your father say? Suna says he was checking on us. He was curious. Ferit turns to Saffet. Wait until you meet their father. He can be very funny. He’s special. I’m sure he’ll like you. Seyran moves close to Suna. She asks, is it what I think it is? Suna says she was telling the truth. Dad was just curious about what’s happening.

Saffet says he doesn’t want the outing to end, but he has to get back to work. Ferit offers to find a good spot to drop him off. Seyran tells Ferit they have to bring Suna back home. Ferit asks Abi to tell the captain to dock wherever there’s a space. Abi will have a car sent over when they dock.

Ferit whispers to Seyran, tell me do you know what’s wrong with Abidin? She has no idea. Ferit asks Suna, Abidin always takes you home, do you know if something is bothering him? Why does he look so sad? Seyran interjects—why would she know? Ferit sits back and thinks as he watches Abi.

Gulgun’s car arrives at the company. Her driver spots Orhan leaving the building and getting into a car. She asks him to follow. Don’t let him see and we won’t tell anyone.

Car ride home. Ferit tells Seyran, we’ll take Suna home. You shouldn’t tell them anything. Let’s go to the company together and I can introduce you to Sadik Bey. Seyran answers, we already talked about this. The matter is closed. That woman is crazy enough to take me to court, Ferit says, instead of talking to your mother, listen to me. Seyro insists she’ll handle it. Ferit gives up, do what you want.

Esme is reading the Quran and praying. She finishes and the doorbell rings. Suna must be back. I hope she likes this guy, Esme says. Hattuc answers, that really doesn’t matter because she doesn’t get a say. Esme opens the door and is surprised to see Seyran with Suna. She wonders if something is wrong. Nothing wrong, Seyro says, I’m just here to visit.

How are you, Seyran asks. Esme replies, I’m fine. I said “subhanallah” (Glory be to Allah" or "How perfect Allah is") exactly 444 times since this morning. May Allah accept your prayers, Suna answers. Is Aunt Hattuc here? Esme says she’s sitting in the living room.

Everyone sits in the living room. Suna tells her sister, if you are going to tell everything, Aunt Hattuc needs to hear it too. Hattuc asks, what do you have to tell us? What are you girls hiding? Seyran grabs Esme’s hand and asks, did Dad hurt you because of the woman who came last night? Hattuc answers, he didn’t but he almost did. Who is that woman? Why did she come? Do you know her? Esme says, don’t worry, I’m fine. Your father got angry, but he didn’t do anything else. Tell us what’s worrying you. We see Seyran recounting what happened, but we don’t hear what she says. Esme and Hattuc are affected. Esme starts to cry. Hattuc’s jaw drops. Suna holds her sister’s hand as she starts to sob.

 

golden
#79 part 4

Orhan arrives at Defne’s. He tells her she’s looking better. Yes, she replies, I’m feeling better because you came to help me. They sit inside. Orhan asks, have you been busy? She answers, I thought I could handle my affairs in Germany from here, but it’s taking up all my time. I’ll have to make a decision on where I’ll live. It sounds like you miss Germany, he says, you could come back here to visit from time to time.

I’m actually thinking of leaving Germany, Defne says. I’ve already started arranging things. I was serious about what I told you, but you know I have no expectations. I don’t want to pressure you into anything. I don’t want you to feel like I’m forcing you. She reaches out to touch his face and he moves back.

Orhan says, don’t do this, Defne. I can’t do this. We can’t do this. She asks why. Are you sure you don’t feel anything for me? Can’t you see what we have? Orhan answers, I love my wife. [recent development, I guess.] Defne sits back and laughs. This isn’t the time for jokes. You were so sad when I arrived in Istanbul.

Orhan nods, that’s true. Talking to you helped a lot. Acting like the people we used to be. It was good to remember the old times. I thought we could overcome our past and continue to be friends, but that’s not possible. I didn’t want to tell you over the phone so that’s why came. Our relationship is heading in a very wrong direction. I think we shouldn’t see each other anymore.

Defne jumps up—coward! You were a coward years ago, too. You’re still a coward. Orhan stands up. I’m very sorry, Defne. But this is the right thing to do. Orhan walks to the door. Defne follows and says, what a shame. You have willingly imprisoned yourself in darkness. I reach out my hand to pull you out of that darkness, but you refuse.

Orhan has his hand on the door handle. Defne continues, your decision to marry Gulgun, your acceptance of the marriage, was a mistake. We could have been happy together. He turns to look at her and says, I didn’t marry her just to be happy. I also married a woman with whom I can share my unhappiness. That day was the best thing that ever happened to me in my life. You can say whatever you want about me, but don’t insult my wife. Orhan opens the door and Gulgun is standing there!

Gulgun looks at Orhan, then stares at Defne. She asks Orhan to wait for her in the car. I have a couple of things to say to Defne. This isn’t what it looks like, Orhan replies. I heard what I needed to hear, Gulgun answers. Orhan doesn’t move. What are you waiting for? Orhan leaves the house. Gulgun glares at Defne and makes her way inside.

Esme is very upset and sobbing. Hattuc has a very stern look. Seyran asks, aren’t you going to say anything? Esme answer, you kept this all to yourself and I never noticed it. Forgive me. She hugs Seyran. Hattuc asks, does Halis Ağa know about this? Seyran says he doesn’t know everything. That woman hasn’t yet revealed her true intentions. [not to Seyran anyway.]

Hattuc jumps up—I never liked that boy. I knew he’d be trouble. We’ve condemned you to a life of shame! Seyran assures them she’s doing okay right now. That’s in the past. Ferit and I are working on it. Suna interjects, they really care about each other now. Ferit is a good man. Hattuc worries, if your father finds out about this, he’ll definitely go back to how things used to be.

That’s why I wanted to talk to you, Seyran says, if that woman shows up, I want you to be prepared. Esme wonders, what if she decides to stop by today like she did yesterday? If she wants to talk to me, take me to her. Whatever she has to say, let her say it to my face.

 

golden
#79 part 5

Suna agrees. Since the woman has made up her mind, she’ll definitely talk. Mom should go and talk to her, maybe she will change her mind. And that way Dad won’t find out. Esme asks for Hattuc’s advice. Hattuc asks, do you have her address? Yes. Good, Hattuc replies, Esme get ready. You will go with Seyran. Suna, get dinner ready. That way, Kazim won’t know. This is very important. If we don’t do this right, the three of us will be sent back to Antep.

Seyran asks her mom if she’s sure about this. Esme nods, I’m sure. I’d rather face her than wait for her to show up. If she has something to say, I’ll hear her out. Seyran smiles and hugs Esme. Hattuc is angry. I’ll definitely hold that damat accountable for this! He’ll have to answer! Seyro looks a bit worried about that.

Gulgun asks Defne, years have passed, and you still haven’t gotten over it, have you? Defne gives her a “what are you’re talking about” look. Gulgun notes, you were traumatized after Orhan broke up with you and married me. I can tell. Orhan married you because his family made him, Defne responds, that’s obvious too. I suppose you remember that it was Halis Ağa who decided it.

Looking at you from here now, I think he made the correct decision, Gulgun says. Defne nods. Since you followed Orhan here, it’s obvious you’re afraid that Orhan will leave you. Isn’t that so? Maybe he won’t leave you today, but yes, he will leave you. Because you are dull and obedient. He won’t put up with that, Gulgun. As long as you remain silent, you will always be unhappy. Thankfully your DIL is nothing like you. I’m happy for her. She’ll be happy because she doesn’t obey the Korhans.

Gulgun says, Orhan’s family is my family, too. Leave us alone. If you meddle with my family again, I won’t stay silent. You’ll face the consequences. Defne mocks, that was scary. Was that a threat? Gulgun says it’s a promise. Defne laughs and says, relax, I called Orhan to say goodbye. I have a lot to do in Germany. That’s why I’m leaving. Gulgun replies, then I won’t keep you. My husband is expecting me. She looks satisfied as she leaves the house.
Suna prepares the meal. She picks up her phone and checks for messages from Abidin. There are none. Ferit calls. Suna moves to the terrace to take the call. Ferit asks if everything is okay. Suna replies, what do you think? He asks, did Seyran talk to your mother? She did.

Ferit’s not happy. He asks Abidin to turn the car around. He tells Suna he’s coming over, he wants to talk to Esme, too. Come if you want, she says, but my mom isn’t home. But Aunt Hattuc is here and she’s very upset. She knows too. Ferit is distressed. Where did your mother go? Suna hesitates. Ferit presses for an answer. She and Seyran went to see Pelin’s mother.

You’re joking, Ferit says. I’m not, Suna replies, they must be with her now. Ferit is ticked at Seyran. He hangs up. Abi asks what happened. Ferit tells him they went to see Zerrin. Abi is alarmed, too. Ferit tells him to go to Pelin’s.

Pelin opens the door. Seyran asks, where is your mother? Zerrin appears at the door, looking smug. Esme asks, may we come in? Zerrin turns to Pelo, don’t leave the guests standing outside. I see you heard about my visit yesterday. Esme nods and she and Seyran look at each other. They walk into the lion’s den.

 

golden
#79 part 6

Zerrin asks them if they would like a drink. No thank you, Esme replies, we’re fasting. Esme begins, before we get started let me introduce myself. I’m Esme Sanli, Seyran’s mother. You came to see us last night, but we were spending iftar with my SIL. Nice to meet you, Esme Hanim, Zerrin answers, you and your shameless daughter have decided to come see me. I suppose you know my name. Pelin tries to interject.

Esme answers, I know. I’m also aware of the situation with my SIL and your daughter. She doesn’t take her eyes off Pelin. We came unannounced, but we’re not ashamed. Look at her, my daughter holds her head high. Seyran gives us a demo. Esme continues, look at your daughter. Pelo looks down and away. Why does she bow her head? If that’s not the look of someone who’s ashamed, I don’t know what is.

Zerrin answers, her head is down because your daughter married Ferit. Her self-esteem has been shattered. That disgusting kid strung my daughter along for years. He deceived her. He convinced her they would get married someday. I’d like to ask you a question. I know you have two daughters. How did you come to terms with all of this?

Esme answers, Seyran and Ferit are married both in the eyes of the law and in the eyes of Allah. It is not forbidden. It is not a sin. Why wouldn’t we be able to accept it? How on earth could you tolerate your daughter being with a married man? Were you aware of this? Zerrin scoffs, I really underestimated the shamelessness of your family. Seyran springs from her seat—Zerrin Hanim! Esme holds her back. Seyran, sit.

Zerrin continues, I don’t know why I’m surprised. Instead of giving Suna to the Korhans, you gave them Seyran. Sorry… I meant you sold her. Did they give your family land? What was the price? Whatever the price, that was your compensation. And with what little shame you had left, you almost sold Suna to an older, rich man as a last resort. And Seyran had her ex-boyfriend follow her to Istanbul and she got him a job at the yali after she married. Why did she keep it a secret? To make money. That’s what opportunistic people do. They’ll do anything for money and they’re not ashamed. [looking at you, Zerrin.]

Zerrin’s not done yet. I have the perfect solution for people like you, she says. I’ll offer you more land if your daughter divorces Ferit. I’m sure Kazim Bey won’t hesitate to agree. One way or another, Ferit and Seyran will get divorced. And Ferit will keep his promise to marry Pelin.

And we are out!

 

golden

I’ll start #80. Might be up Thursday.

Babachita
 

Lejos S2, e16 Tuesday recap will be up late afternoon or early evening Wednesday.

 

"SENOR10"
Anastasia: RIP Nina. We hardly knew ya, but I KNEW the second she figured it out that Crazy Lucy is still conniving with Cifuentes. However, Crazy Lucy made damn sure Nina wouldn't open her big mouth by shooting her dead.

*Los Casillas escapes the ambush & fled to Felina's mansion.

*Castillo is still one triggered stuck-up asshole LOL.

*Slippery Mauricio determined to kill Constanza & Dalila. The clock is ticking on both Constanza & Dalila.

*Isidro demands answers about who killed Nina.

*Babachita: Interesting to see who kills Crazy Lucy in the Series Finale: Aurelio? Isidro? Rutila? Hothead Diana? I have to think Hothead Diana will take another crack at finishing the job & kill Crazy Lucy.
 

Lejos

Anastasia – Great recap! Loved HamaPapa – what a hoot.

I wanted to ask you all about Vergun the bodyguard. When I did Friday’s recap I didn’t include a peripheral scene which I wanted to contemplate later and discuss here. That scene was Alya in the basement with Vergun (and comatose Boran, natch). She asks Vergun why he called her to tell her Sadakat’s plan to sabotage the lady’s surgery. Vergun says “You didn’t think a man like me would do something like that.” Alya gives a gesture kind of like a gallic shrug, which seems to mean “Well…”

Now I would have said “Of course, you’re a very good man! A saint, in fact!” Why does she equivocate? He says he just couldn’t let an innocent person suffer. Then he goes on to say it benefited him only a very little. It alleviated the pain he feels just a little. What pain? The fact that the baddies got to Boran? What’s up with him?

Now Monday night he’s alone with Sadakat (again, Boran is of course there) and he tells her he’s the one who tipped Alya off. Sadakat is of course furious. She says she’s welcomed into her home, fed him. And who is he to talk – doesn’t he feel guilty about beating Boran’s attacker with a stick to the face? This from a lady who tried to kill Alya and did indeed kill Mine and would have maybe brought about the death of an innocent patient.

Just whut??? First off I don’t think Sadakat invited him as she didn’t know Boran was being brought there. But the main thing is here is a guy who managed to get Boran from the attack scene, somehow got him medical help, then transported him from Canada (in a comatose state!) apparently without the baddies knowing, kept him in his own apartment and took care of him. He now had to leave his little shop and his home and here he is watching over Boran with the intensity of a border collie watching its sheep. Nobody thanked him for any of this (except Sadakat once). They don’t even give him a Reader’s Digest to pass the time. When does he get to see the light of day?

From where I sit the guy looks like a saint. Why did Alya seem to have not-so-great opinion of him? Where does Sadakat get off criticizing him for neutralizing Boran’s attacker? Isn’t that basically a bodyguard’s job description?

Do any of you understand all of this?

Maggie

 

Lejos - reply to Maggie

Alya would not the best opinion of Vurgun because she knows he killed the man buried in Boran's supposed grave. Also, she is not really happy that Boran is alive.

Sadakat is just rude to everyone. Her opinions, motives and actions change with the wind.

Vurgun promised Boran that he would stay with him. I am filling in the huge plot hole of what happened to Vurgun's shop and home by mentally giving him an associate who is taking care of these things in Vurgun's absence. The associate's name is Fred.

 

Lejos de Ti (Uzak Sehir)
August 4, 2026 - Part 1
Series 2, episode 16 - "Me Marcho" (I am leaving)

Dr. Yalcin says for Cihan to have the surgery to be the kidney donor for Boran is craziness. But Cihan doesn't like the idea of Alya having the surgery (she is also compatible). Cihan insists on donating the needed kidney.

Alya mocks Cihan that he has to be in charge of everyone and everything. She figures that Cihan is feeling guilt about Boran. She says she knows Cihan would give his life, but how would Alya live if Cihan died? Alya doesn't want to watch Cihan die, so she prepares to leave the konak mansion with Deniz and go to Umu's country house.

Now Sadakat doesn't want Alya to leave! Since Alya has the better chance of giving Boran a kidney. EVERYONE understands the irony of Sadakat insisting that Alya stay. Cihan talks to little Deniz, hoping he would object to leaving, but Deniz is excited to see all the animals on Umu's farm. Alya says she will not return to Cihan if Cihan goes through with the surgery. Alya and Deniz leave for the country house with Kadir and Pakize. Kaya scolds his mother for adding to Cihan's stress.

That night, Alya and Deniz look at the stars in the sky together out in the country. Cihan is out on the konak terrace looking at the same stars. Cihan tells his men that he will transport Boran to the hospital the next day in secrecy.

Demir and Ecmel are talking. Demir wants to find Zerrin's kidnapper. Ecmel insists that Sadakat is to blame. Zerrin says that it wasn't Sadakat. That night, Zerrin is having PTSD flashback dreams of the kidnapping. Demir goes to her and embraces her. Zerrin clings to him, but then calls Demir "Kaya". She wakes up quite startled to see Demir. Demir reminds Zerrin that he was the one who risked his life for her. Zerrin is obviously not happy to wake up in the arms of Demir. Demir calls himself "the idiot Demir" for thinking she was clinging to him on purpose.

The next day, Demir and Ecmel meet out in the barren countryside to plot. They want to destroy Cihan, Kaya and Nadim (Demir's father). With the next shipment, they will instigate a gunfight with the military and Ecmel will say it was started by Cihan. They will also get Sahin compromised. ( I am not sure this plot would makes sense even if I were to have viewed English subtitles with the episode online today.)




 

Lejos de Ti
August 4, 2026 Tuesday, S2, E16 - Part 2

The next morning, little Deniz calls Cihan, excited about the animals. He talks Cihan into coming out to the farm. Before he leaves for the farm, Cihan meets with his gang about an upcoming shipment. He is wary of trouble and concerned about a possible mole or spy. Then Cihan arrives at the farm, visits with Deniz, and offers to take Alya to work.

Sadakat visits Boran, argues with Vurgun, then faints. Vurgun helps her get her pills, then feels her wrist to check her pulse. Nare comes in and sees Vurgun holding Sadakat's arm. The show lingers on this action for some reason.

Ipek and her family arrive at the mansion to do some wedding planning and to discuss the dowry. Ipek asks for a tour of the mansion. She wants to see Kaya's room, and is told that Kaya is not home. She is shown to Kaya''s room. She is imagining herself there and her future life. She snoops into a bedside table and finds the wedding ring Kaya would have used if married to Zerrin. It is engraved with Zerrin's name in it. Kaya arrives home and finds Ipek with Zerrin's ring. Kaya claims he forgot to return it to the store. He admits that he can't forget Zerrin. Ipek begs Kaya to give the new relationship of Kaya and Ipek a chance. Sadakat comes into the room and takes the ring from Ipek (and thus from Kaya).

Cihan had offered to take Alya to work. But once in the SUV, he takes her to a hilltop to talk. Cihan says to Alya that they have always faced the impossible and overcome it. He insists on giving Boran his kidney. Alya repeats that she will not return to the mansion if Cihan goes through with the donation. (She had said earlier that she would stay in Umu's house temporarily, then find a place for Deniz and herself.) - End episode.

 

Lejos

Fred! Love it! He sure is nicer to Vergun than this pack of ingrates..

But wait! The man in the grave - where was he when he was killed? Is he the man whose face Vergun smashed in? That was in Canada.

Maggie
 

The man in the grave was killed in Canada. After the accident, while Alya was still unconscious, Vurgun bashed this fellow's face and killed him to provide a body to be buried as Boran. I forget the man's name, and how exactly he was there, sorry. I'd have to go back through the recaps or episodes when Boran was found in Instanbul. As the body was deemed to be Boran's, it was able to be repatriated back to Turkiye under Boran's name.


 

golden

Great summary, Dondi. I finally watched the episode. The scene on the boat was sad and funny. Watching Abidin and Suna breaks my heart. But Saffet is funny to watch. I can’t understand why they don’t think he’s a terrible match. I guess he’s loaded and Suna can avoid being married to an old widower this way.

Defne’s house looks familiar. It looks like Kemal’s place in Kara Sevda across the road from Nihan’s family mansion.

Thanks for the summary!

Babachita
 

"SENOR10"
Howdy from the Alamo City CarayCaray Family. Here's my super-short recap of last night's episode.

*DEA agents & law enforcement officers arrived at the obvious shot-up down residence of Los Casillas; they find Nina's body.

*Slippery Mauricio going full BPN with his dangerous sinister plans. David: You're going down with him unless you cut the freak loose.

*Clock ticking on Constanza: I'll be amazed if she makes it alive in the Gran Final.

*Romina: You think you're slick but Isturiz & Co., have you right where they want you.

*Castillo visits Dalila's residence & brings some documents for her to identify some folks associated with Los Casillas & Co.,

*Aurelio looking to make out with Hothead Diana? LOL 😲
 

Lejos
Anastasia, thanks for the great recap. That Ecmel is truly evil, involving Sahin in the shipment where he (Sahin) could be killed.
Demir is demented and doesn't have far to go to fall off the deep end. What happened to his former fiancee, Zeyda (?) ?

Vergun seems like a decent person and I wonder what he thinks about Cihan and Alya. If Boran has another critical medical emergency would Vergun choose to not help so Cihan and Alya could stay together?

Speaking of Alya, she acts like she doesn't even know Boran. I haven't seen her show any tenderness towards him or stay at his bedside. That's cold!

Beth S


 

Lejos - Reply to Beth

Zeyda was married off to Cihan, got sick and died.

I have been aware that we don't know anything about Alya's married life with Boran. Boran never told her about why he left Turkiye or the kind of business his family was in.

I am also aware that we don't know anything about Sadakat's life with her husband - except that he was willing to marry her after she was pregnant with Boran. She made the comment recently that she became cold when Boran left Turkiye.

Vurgun gives the appearance of being decent, except he did kill a man in Canada by bashing him. His loyalty is with Boran first.


 

Lejos de Ti
Wednesday, 8/6/2026
Series 2, Episode 1

This will have to be a quick recap today. We are heading out to the Wisconsin State Fair soon. "Don't miss it, don't even be late." (Oops, that's the Iowa Fair - iykyk.).

Cihan and Alya continue on to the hospital. The transplant will take place the following morning. Alya reminds Cihan that she won't be there, as she doesn't want to see him die.

Cihan gets pre-op tests and procedures done. His family comes to see him before surgery. Alya does not come. Dr. Yalcin and the surgery team give Cihan the anesthesia. He falls asleep.

Cihan wakes up from surgery. He feels fine (except groggy), which is an odd feeling to have after abdominal surgery. He touches his belly and realizes he wasn't operated on. Cihan asks what is happening.

They tell Cihan that Alya was the donor. That Alya was always going to be the donor. They had to trick Cihan to keep him from donating with his aneurysm situation. Most of the family was in on it, except Sadakat (of course). [I suspected after Tuesday's episode that this would be the plan. No way was Cihan going to have the surgery.]

Alya is still in surgery. Her heart stops but is restarted. Cihan says this is what he was afraid of if Alya donated. But she came though it fine. (Of course, because we are not at the series finale).

Cihan tells Sadakat that Alya has saved the life of two of her sons, Boran and Cihan, even to the point of possibly giving up her own life. Can Sadakat now be nice to Alya and treat her like a daughter?

Boran's transplant went well.

Alya had told Deniz that she was going to have surgery.

Cihan and Alya talk (gently) about how he was tricked out of surgery. He doesn't know how to repay her. Sadakat comes to thank Alya.

Alya goes back to the mansion and Deniz is cautioned against hugging her hard. Boran is brought back by medical transport, and Sadakat helps keep Deniz from seeing him (per her jailhouse agreement with Alya). Surgery has had no apparent effects on Boran.

Sadakat later brings some soup to Alya while Alya is recuperating in bed. (This show could get boring if there are no more conflicts between Sadakat and Alya!) (Shh - what am I wishing? I wish peace for Alya.)

Cihan changes Alya's bandages under supervision of Dr. Alya, instead of Dr. Yalcin. He puts her wedding ring back on her, and her necklace with the photos of Deniz and Cihan. They kiss - the first time they had touched each other since Boran was found.

There are knocks on their suite door. Muzaffir says that Dr. Yalcin is looking for Cihan. Cihan leaves to go down to Boran's "cave" room. Alya gets out of bed, wraps up, and follows gingerly. Turns out that Boran's eyes are open! And he is blinking! But he is still just staring at the ceiling, presumably unseeing. So the surgery, or the pain from his anesthesia wearing off, is waking up something inside him. - End episode.




 

Lejos Thursday - I won't be watching this episode until Friday sometime. Someone else could jump in with a recap. Remember to put it on Page 2 of this week - available 8pm Eastern. (This is a reminder to me as much as anybody.)

 

Lejos - Correction - Wednesday's episode is Episode 17, Series 2, "Un Gran Milagro"

 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder