Thursday, October 01, 2026
TELEMUNDO Y MÁS (#2): El Señor de los Cielos, Lejos de Tí, Golden Boy y más: Week of September 28, 2026
TELEMUNDO WEEKEND EDITION (continuación)
Here's Page 2 for the week. The current telenovelas are as follows (all times are Eastern Daylight Time).
- 9-10PM El Señor de los Cielos
- 10-11PM Lejos de Tí
- Yali Çapkini/Golden Boy
Everyone is welcome to join in the conversation. Since discussions of all the Telemundo novelas share the same page, please remember to put the name of the telenovela you're referring to at the top of your post, so readers can easily find the conversations they're looking for.
By common agreement, this group DOES NOT DISCUSS previews, trailers, or any other plot information not found in a current or past episode of the current production. Spoilers WILL be removed by the admin. This includes references to earlier productions of the story, and even the original novel. Thanks for your cooperation!
Labels: golden, lejos, senor10, telemundo
I'll be posting my personal thoughts on this evening's episode sometime later this evening.
Finally getting around to the recap! I get that the fire was also a distraction, but it seems like a wee bit over the top. There are other people living in that house! With their stuff! Also, why would they expect Boran to go see the fire when Deniz is there with him in the hospital? He had no reason to leave, except that he’s Frankenstein’s monster and goes where he’s told.
And Boran’s latest move may have gotten him a new dad, but he may have lost mom and she is way scarier.
K
Cihan did tell Sahin he would pay for any damage. But this was a ridiculous amount of damage.
Thursday, October 1st
Part I
Rewind: It’s night. Boran runs into the hospital and finds Deniz’s bed is empty. Out on the highway, Cihan has Alya and Deniz in the car.
At the hospital, Boran demands to know where his son is. A staff member tells him Cihan is going to bring charges against him for kidnapping. But I have custody! protests Boran. Sadakat: You didn’t watch over him. You went to see the fire. You should have stayed here. Boran: You all planned this didn’t, you? Sadakt: You said you’d bring your son to the mansion. But no, you went to the home of that snake. Now you’ve lost your home and your son. Get it together. That’s my last warning.
She calls Cihan to check in. She tells Nare, who is with her, that they are leaving Midyat. Nare swears she didn’t know anything about all this and asks if she can go to the mansion. Sadakat says no, the farm.
On the highway, they meet up with a dark van. Turns out it’s driven by Kadir and Pazike is in the back. Alya and Deniz get in. Cihan tells her he has a hotel all set in Izmel and that just in case there’s a hospital nearby. He knows the owner there. Alya says they wrecked so many lives, Fidan’s all the others’. I’ll fix it, says Cihan. We have a lot of obligations, says Alya, who seems to have a flair for understatement. They look at each other tenderly.
Fidan is crouching and crying outside her burning home. Firemen are there wielding their hoses. Sahin shows up and helps her up. Kaya: Sorry! Fidan:. Sorry? Really? Sahin: What else were we supposed to do? The boy was crying for his mother. Fidan laments. Some men run by with big plastic jugs of water, like that would help. They might as well spit on the fire. Kaya loads Fidan and Zerrin into his car. Ecmel glares at Sahin.
Kaya calls Cihan to let him know they’re at the farm. Nare tells Fidan Cihan didn’t do it to hurt her; he had no other option. Kaya locks eyes with Zerrin. They all go in. Alya calls Nare who wants to know where they are. Alya just says they’re on the road. We’ve wrecked so many lives she says. Nare: your son is with you; that’s the most important thing.
They arrive at a beautiful hotel on a rise outside the city.
Daytime. Ecmel along with Boran and Sahin is looking at the burned wreckage in his patio which is littered with charred furniture. We don’t know if the inside has burned – that place has thick stone walls. The guy with him (Fireman? Official? Insurance agent?) says nothing is salvageable. Even the floor is cracked. Ecmel says to Sahin: you don’t look upset. Sahin: I felt it burning clear inside me, but you caused this.
Demir arrives with his dad. They are savages, he says. I’m with you – I have scores to settle. You can use my men, says his dad.
The smoke this time is coming out of Ecmel’s ears. To the Albora mansion! he growls. Together we can do it!
Part II
Sahin grabs Boran by the arm. Alya is married to Cihan. Accept it. This man (Ecmel) used me and now he’s using you to get revenge against the Alboras. Boran: that’s doesn’t change my mind. Sihan: You shame me! And then he tells Ecmel off: You managed to be a father but you never acted like one.
It’s almost battle time! The Alboras haven’t done anything sensible like putting a couple of heavy cars tight against the big front gate so it can’t be opened. Instead they’ve made a flimsy barricade way down the drive, near the house. It looks like it’s made from some tables. Gurgon says he wants to fight too. Cihan gets a henchie to give him a gun. Sahin is magically present and warns that his father won’t come alone. Cihan wants to send Sadakat to the farm, but she says no, this is my home. I always told you Alya would be a problem. I told you Boran would take the child. I told you Ecmel would get Boran to work for him. Nobody listened to me. She asks if Sahin will fight. He will.
Cihan calls the hotel. Deniz is still sleeping. Alya feels like she’s doing nothing while Cihan is in the middle of the fire, an apt choice of words. It’s my job, says Cihan. Alya wakes Deniz up. He’s hungry, and he also begs her never to leave him with that man again, presumably referring to Ecmel.
Now it’s battle time! Ecmel has brought a lot of men! They scatter near the mansion like ants over the rises and down in the lower areas among the rubble of ancient masonry. Ecmel, Demir and his dad and Boran are up on a higher hill to observe, in the time-honored tradition of generals safely avoiding the line of fire. Snipers are at the ready. Inside, Sadakat squints down her rifle barrel. Ummu lifts hers nervously.
Oh look! Cihan and Sahin (who really gets around) are at Ecmel’s warehouse! The giant doors are open and there are big stacks of pallets out front. Cihan and Sahin dart among them thinking that even though they’re in black and it’s bright daytime if they squat a bit while running nobody will see them. Nobody does at first. Cars of henchies pull in and suddenly it’s a gun battle.
Ecmel raises his hand – it’s the signal. Gunfire everywhere, his men wasting bullets shooting at the walls and the gate of the mansion. Sadakat looking down her rifle, says Bring it! Boran on the hill looks a little sad. Demir looks amused. Ecmal swears he’ll destroy the mansion stone by stone.
Back to the warehouse: Many workmen have been shot and the rest run off. Victory! Cihan flips a box open and sure enough there’s a rifle packed for shipping. Time for the big gas cans to do their thing again. Gas is sloshed all over the warehouse boxes. Cihan lights a gas trail and when the boxes start to burn. Sahin shoots his gun into them and boom! Cihan watches it burn with a hooded look.
Ecmel and his men are right at the gate. They have a couple of cars pulled up to it that they’re going to use for cover. He has his men shoot the lock out. Give me the kid!! Someone calls Ecmel to tell him about the warehouse.
The men breach the mansion gate and have to run half a league half a league onward to get to the barricade. Of course many get shot. Sadakat hollers at Boran if he was smart he wouldn’t have lost his wife and child. I’m so ashamed she says to herself.
Ecmel arrives at the smoking warehouse. He rants at a worker. Cihan calls to him and we see Cihan and Sahin approaching.
Erol has a helluva job ahead of him defending all this arson.
Maggie
Back to Wednesday night’s episode. I read the recap too late to comment. Great job, Anastasia! I really appreciated all the detail.
I was impressed with Cihan’s bloodshot eyes. I wonder what they put in them to get that effect. It gave him a great air of menace. A little less menacing was that he looked like he could pass out at any time.
But no, he powered through everything. He even had the strength to go set Ecmel’s place on fire. That was a very impressive fire! I wonder how they did it without damaging the building.
But really? Burning the home of characters we love? As for Kaya, nothing says true love like burning the childhood home of your beloved. Couldn’t they have taken some other revenge? There’s that saying “don’t burn down the house just to get rid of a rat.”
It was de trop. And then the three instead of running off and hiding stood defiantly in the street side by side like Yeah we did it. So what?
Maggie
Howdy from the Alamo City CarayCaray Family. Here's my super-short recap of last night's episode.
*Bratty Amanda still smoozing with Almendariz.
*Reynaldo & Leo at the big fancy office discussing campaign strategies for Almendariz's presidential campaign.
*Aurelio notices that Felina is acting all weird & strange.
Thank you, novelera, Anastasia, and Maggie for your excellent recaps. I fell behind because of a lack of time, but I’m slowly losing desire to keep up. I haven’t even looked for edits or music in this week’s eps.
Where are we headed with this? Does anyone have the moral high ground in this dizi? Who am I supposed to root for? Cihan burning down a konak and warehouse? His family thinks it’s great. Wasn’t sure if I was watching El Señor or Lejos. Not much of a difference between this aşiret and that cartel. So, no drug trafficking (just weapons), and people don’t have sex in the aşiret.
Alya has become very annoying to me again. She fell in love with Cihan and left her values behind. It's all about him, oh and, yeah, she’ll do anything for her son. I can’t take the faces the actress is making either.
I’ve watched a lot of dizis with outstanding child actors, but unfortunately, and I know this sounds mean, this kid isn’t one of them. Is anyone giving him directions? It doesn’t help they write him horribly.
I’m so tired of “Granny get your gun” Sadakat and her rotten counterpart Ecmel. Right now, I’m leaning more towards wanting Ecmel to take out Granny. Maybe Boran will take out Ecmel. Ah, I know it’s never gonna happen.
I’m fed up with Zerrin’s lack of initiative. Thank goodness for Fidan.
Nare will always choose her family over her husband. But she does have beautiful hair and nice clothes.
Boran…ugh… still waiting for the Bulgarians.
I have sympathy for Sahin, Fidan (especially her), Pakize, and Kadir. Muzaffer, please let your daughter marry Kadir. I did get a kick out of seeing Ummu with a rifle.
End rant. No worries, I’ll have the Friday recap up over the weekend.
Great job on the recap, Maggie. Your snark was working overtime! Enjoyed Alya's "flair for understatement" tidbit.
I didn't realize until Sahin said "What else are we supposed to do?" that he was aware of the plan to burn Ecmel's mansion.
So the straw that broke the camel's back for Sadakat was Boran taking Deniz to live with Ecmel. I enjoyed her verbal dressing down of him.
Sahin actually called Boran brother as he tried to reason with him. But the Boran character is not budging a bit on being a total jerk. I'm with dondi, give us those Bulgarians and soon.
The Cihan actor speaks volumes with his eyes. The way he looked at Boran with pure hate in his eyes was impressive. And he looked into Vurgun's soul and had a gun given to him.
I liked Sadakat a bit more this episode. She planned to defend her home with her life and she stopped making excuses for Boran.
Oh how I enjoyed Demir's shocked face when he saw his big payday going up in flames. We're in for some ranting and raving as Ecmel realizes he's taken a massive loss...his home and his illicit funds from running guns.
ITA, dondi, about being tired of Zerrin's "lack of initiative" or cowardice. Cihan would get her baby out of Demir's clutches in a NY minute.
Maggie, Anastasia, Dondi356, Kirby, Jarifa, Halimacandy & Co: Here's my super-short recap of last night's episode.
*Castillo, Dalila, Romina including DEA & Mexican DHS agents arriving at Primero Banco HQ. We later see Castillo & Dalila speaking with Constanza inside her office.
*Hothead Diana, Rutila & Consuelo noticing that Felina acting all strange & weird; wondering how long before they figure out that the Mysterious Soviet is the one poisoning Felina?
*Aurelio, Isturiz, Chattarero & Vitaminas flying to Austin, TX or another destination.
I’ve run into a delay for 94. I will post it on the new page Monday evening. Just fyi
Babachita
Just watched #93. I am frankly astonished that this is such a hit in Turkey. I don't usually express such sentiments here on Caray, Caray. I've been on this site for a very, very long time. And there've been telenovelas that I totally despised while other people loved them.
But this show verges on sadism. Kazim walks around with his prayer beads and says, over and over, that his family are forcing him to do bad things. He's even hinted he might be driven to kill one of them. But he clearly enjoys harming his daughters.
Seyran wouldn't listen to Ferit. I'm beginning to think she deserves marrying Tarik. Ferit has lots of faults, but he's tried and tried to get through to her. Instead of listening to him, she falls right into Zerrin's trap with the skeezy reporter. He told her this was the last time he'd try, but she just kept on being stubborn. And then she collapses in tears. Boo hoo.
novelera, thanks for your comments. Believe me, I won’t try to change your opinion. A lot of dizi dramas are like this. Maybe you haven’t seen enough of them yet!
There were a lot of viewers who were turned off by the toxicity in golden. Believe it or not, many hated Ferit, even more than Kazim or Ifakat, and wished him dead! What bothered them was his lies and his "cheating" on Seyran. As I've said before, this was a hit all over the world. I think it's mainly because of how Afra and Mert brought Seyran, Ferit, and Seyfer to life. Viewers fell in love with them, despite the toxicity. I admit I loved them, too.
ITA, Seyran annoys me to no end. What a fool she is. She gets in trouble and then expects Ferit to come and save her after she's ripped him apart. We’ll see what happens.
Kazim is an abuser for sure, but I began to sense his threats to kill were a lot of bluster, and he'd never really go through with it. It doesn’t excuse anything.
I find the asiret dizis especially upsetting, but they are wildly popular in Turkiye and all over the world as well. Lejos isn't the worst I’ve seen but it’s bad enough with Sada, Ecmel, Demir, Boran. Viewers continue to love the lead couple, CihAl, and the portrayals by Sinem and Ozan. We’ll see if it wins the International Emmy this year.
IMHO, we haven't seen the “worst” on Telemundo. Has anyone watched Kara Sevda/Amor Eterno when it was on Uni? I watched that in Turkish. That was traumatic, but it was another worldwide success. It was the first dizi to win an International Emmy. Once again, it was the lead couple that people adored and found unforgettable.
S2 #57 part 1
Slight rewind: Ecmel and the Baybars arrive at the burning warehouse. Cihaaan! And speak of the devil, Cihan comes forward with Sahin at his side.
Ecmel asks Sahin, did you help him do this? You are not my son anymore. That’s right, Sahin replies, your son (Boran) is by your side now. [Ha, not the response Ecmel expected]. Boran shouts—you’ve got my son, Cihan! You burned and destroyed everything! This isn’t over, I’ll make you pay for what you’ve done!
Cihan states, the boy is going back to his mother. You will give custody of her son back to her. Because if you don’t do what I ask, I’ll burn down your house, your workplace, your properties, your warehouses. A few seconds of silence to let that sink in and Cihan continues, I’ll make a hell of wherever you set your foot. Don’t forget my words. Boran, if you keep joining forces with these lowlifes, your end will be no different. Cihan and co leave the site. Ecmel takes out his gun and fires a couple of shots in the air out of frustration.
Cihan returns to the konak. Everyone is outside and everyone is fine. Kaya asks, abi, smoke was seen coming from Batman (city 1 hr away from Midyat), is it true? Yes, Cihan replies, we did that. Sadakat asks, where’s Alya? Cihan doesn’t answer. Sada says, are you afraid I’ll tell Boran? Do you think I’d tell someone who came to threaten me in my own home? Cihan tells her it’s for her own safety, it’s best she doesn’t know.
Alya calls Cihan. She heard the news from Kadir but wanted to hear it from him. Are you okay? I’m better now that I hear your voice, doctor, he replies. He asks about Deniz. The boy is doing better. He’s playing with Kadir and Pakize. She asks about the people at the konak. Was anyone hurt? He snarks, if I said yes, you’d probably rush over here. She wants a straight answer, and he says everyone is fine. He adds, relax, they won’t try to take your son from you again. I’ll never let that happen. I taught them a lesson. If they learned the lesson, great, if not, they know what will happen.
I spoke to Nare, Alya says, they’re fine, but I’m not with you or with them either. I wish I could be there. You will be, Cihan replies, I’ll check on them with Kaya and then come to see you. Don’t leave the hotel until I get there, okay? I love you. Alya answers, I love you, too.
Kaya and Muzaffer tell Cihan to go to Alya and they’ll go to the farmhouse.
Sahin comes to the farmhouse. Fidan is chopping up large heads of cabbage. Nare gives Sahin a worried look. He asks Fidan, who will eat all of this? I’ll eat it, she answers. [slight edit here.] She shouts at Nare to bring another tray, this one is full. Sahin asks, mom, what’s going on? I can’t calm down, she replies, I’m going to go crazy. I’ll lose my mind! Nare brings the tray.
You’re right, Sahin says, absolutely right. We just lost our home, but you know why. And Cihan is starting the renovation of the konak. We’ll return home soon. And what about Boran, Fidan asks, what will happen with Ecmel? When they find the child and take him back, will they burn down the house again? At least let us know so we’ll be prepared. Sahin says they won’t come back to the konak.
Sahin is told that Ecmel has come to the farmhouse. Sahin goes out to meet him. Ecmel is shouting. What’s this shouting, Sahin asks, why are you here? What a disgrace, Ecmel states, was what you did not enough? You had to bring your mother and sister here? The ladies come out to join the convo. Ecmel gives an order—Zerrin, Fidan, come here right now! Sahin says they’re staying. Take your men and leave.
S2 #57 part 2
Do you think I’d leave them in the hands of the man who burned down my house and all I own? You stay where you want. It’s clear Cihan has built you a small cage. Where is your leash? Fidan and Zerrin are coming with me, you hear? Fidan! Fidan tells him she’s not going. All our problems lead back to you. I am not walking this path with you anymore! I swear I’d rather be buried alive!
Kaya and Muzaffer arrive. Kaya shouts—what are you doing here? Haven’t you learned your lesson? Sahin holds Kaya back. Ecmel derides, you’re nothing but Sadakat’s little puppy. Go bark somewhere else. Ecmel insists that Fidan and Zerrin come with him. Sahin refuses to let them go. And here come the Baybars with Boran. Kaya points, look your puppy has arrived. Go with him.
Demir calls out, Ecmel Albora, come with us. You’re going to live in our konak. You’re going to stay with those scoundrels, Sahin asks. And you’re staying with these scoundrels, Ecmel replies, what’s wrong with me staying with them? Kaya pipes up, go with them, take your older son with you and sleep side by side on their bed. And Zerrin will stay at her husband’s house, Ecmel answers, and Fidan will stay with me. Sahin shouts at them all to leave. Kaya stands next to Zerrin and dares them to come get her. There’s more back and forth and finally Ecmel’s group leaves without the ladies. [all that for nothing.]
Kaya calls Cihan and informs him. Ecmel and Boran are staying with the Baybars. Cihan tells him to increase security. Be mindful of the warehouses. Gather the men in the morning and let’s talk.
Cihan comes to the hotel hideout. Deniz is feeling better and is playing with Kadir. He’s happy to see Cihan. Cihan asks Deniz if he likes it there and if he would like to make this a vacation. The kid says yes, but notes that his mother has to work at the hospital. Alya says she has permission to make it a vacation. Yay! Everyone has eaten dinner except Alya. Deniz snitches on her, he even says his mom has lost weight. He encourages Cihan to take Alya to dinner.
Cihal go to dinner. She notes he told her not to leave the room, but he’s the one taking her out. He says it’s okay when she’s with him. Nothing will happen. Ah, you’re our superhero, she says. Cihan tells her they cleared out one of the hotel’s restaurants for them. I wouldn’t normally do things like this, he says, but when you’re in such danger, my level of romance rises out of necessity. She asks, out of necessity? Out of necessity, he replies, it will be just the two of us. It has its advantages. I don’t have to worry about who’s staring at you either.
Servers are waiting for Cihal. Cihan pulls out the chair for Alya. He asks, so, how are you, Alya Smith? I don’t know how we’ll be tomorrow, she answers with a smile, but if you’re asking right now… Cihan Albora, I’m doing fine. How about you? I’m fine, too, he replies, sitting here across from you makes me appreciate this moment even more. There’s so much destruction out there, there’s war, but here we’re face to face, as if none of that existed. Cihan gets emotional for a moment, then says, and I realize that the value of love is… hidden in the price you pay. Alya agrees.
S2 #57 part 3
Cihan takes a wedding ring out of his pocket and holds it out to Alya. The day you put this ring in my palm, I understood the enormity of the fire inside me. This ring shattered me from the place where I had fallen silent. I know, Alya responds, it was very difficult. It was difficult for me, too. He says, I know you won’t marry me before you get custody of your son. I understand that. But no matter what happens, even if there’s no piece of paper, you are my wife, Alya. He holds up the ring. This ring is our story. So I ask that you wear it.
Song: İşte Bizim Hikayemiz/This is Our Story - Ferdi Özbeğen
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwEtebM21Zk&list=RDRwEtebM21Zk&start_radio=1
CCs and lyrics in the dropdown.
Cihan places the ring on her finger. I love you, and I’ll love you until the day I die. [foreshadow?] They hold hands. Alya says, this used to be a city I wanted to escape. But I gave my heart to a wonderful man who lives in Mardin [and would burn down the enemy’s konak for me.] And now it’s become my world. I love you, too. And I always will. The food arrives and the romantic moment is interrupted.
Boran is ready to go out on the warpath. He wants his son back. Ecmel vows to find them even if they are hiding underground. Cihan can burn, destroy, and threaten all he wants. Should we be scared of that? We’ll cause double the damage. They have a shipment next week. We have an infiltrator in their ranks. That shipment will explode in their faces. Don’t worry.
Alya has stopped eating and looks upset. She worries that they will find her son. Cihan tells her he’s doing all he can to prevent that. She asks, but how much longer can we go on like this? Cihan says it’s until she gets custody. What if I don’t, she replies, do you know what Deniz told me? “Mom, please don’t let me be with that bad man again.”
Cihan assures her that won’t happen. Your son won’t be separated from you. I didn’t allow it and I won’t. He tries to lighten the mood. Let’s put the worries off until tomorrow. We are sitting at a lovely table, eating face to face. Two people in love. Let’s try to enjoy it. You’re Alya Smith and I’m Cihan Albora. Alya laughs.
Seymus tells Sadakat that Boran and Ecmel are staying with the Baybars. She quickly sends him away so she can moan a little over her crappy son.
Alya thinks up a little game they can play. Let’s pretend we just met and this is our first dinner together. This is where I use my recapper’s prerogative FF>>. I thought it was cringe. [do people still say cringe?] Cihan from Mardin seemed a bit reluctant with the scenario, too. Discuss this if you want.
Back to Sadakat upset over her crappy son. She’s in Boran/Deniz’s bedroom looking at the photos on the corkboard. Vurgun enters. You called for me? She starts, you saved my son from that horrible accident, managed to hide him under a different identity, and brought him to Istanbul without anyone knowing. I want you to do this again.
S2 #57 part 4
Vurgun doesn’t get it. Sada explains, just like you brought Boran here, I want you to get him out of the country. I don’t think you realize what you’re saying, he replies. She says she does. I’m aware, she says, very aware. The moment I thought I lost him, a fire burned inside me. I haven’t forgotten, and I haven’t forgotten the joy of finding out he was alive. I was so grateful. But he has to leave. Because the man I raised with all my [so called] love, is clearly not my son anymore. He’s a different person. He’s just like Ecmel. [I think he’s got a bit of mom in him, too.] He’s a cruel and thoughtless man [yep, mom.] and I don’t recognize him anymore [look in the mirror, hon.] He’s capable of destroying his own family and I’m afraid one day, Cihan will have no choice but to kill him. That’s why he must leave.
What do you want me to do, Vurgun asks. Sada says, take him to the border at Nusaybin. I wasn’t successful with Alya, but I will be with Boran. Let’s say I can force him to do that, Vurgun answers, what then? How do I keep him there? He’d come back. Sada says the truck will be loaded with contraband. It will be full of weapons. The moment he crosses the border, they’ll arrest him.
Vurgun is surprised. You want him to go to prison? It’s better than death, she says. When the time comes, I’ll get him out and you’ll be there to look after him. There’s no other way. I’ll talk to Hasan. Vurgun takes a moment then responds, I’ll take care of it. Sada cries… ah, Boran…
Kaya is leaving the farmhouse. He tells Sahin, if your father or Demir arrive, my men will inform me, and I will come right away. I don’t think they’ll come back, Sahin replies. Nobody is taking anyone anywhere, Nare says, we have men here, don’t worry. Kaya assures Zerrin that things will get better. She says nothing. Fidan looks at them both and speaks up. Yes, things will get better. Go now, don’t keep your mother waiting.
Edit: Muzaffer and Ummu are in the kitchen. I don’t understand it, she says, what does it mean to attack one’s family… your mother… your siblings? Muzaffer warns, look, I’m already on edge. Don’t add fuel to the fire. What should I do, Ummu replies, bottle this up and get cancer? He exclaims, tövbe, estağfirullah! What kind of cancer? What do you mean? She answers, what will Alya do? Little Cihan? How will they return to the konak?
Pakize (Kadir is with her) calls Ummu to check in. Are you okay? We were terrified when we heard they raided the konak. Ummu tells her they are all fine. She adds, but what are we going to do with Boran? He’s the kind of man the earth itself wouldn’t accept if he died.
Ha, they are incorporating an advert for a brand of Boşnak mantısı. Ummu doesn’t always cook from scratch?
Kadir starts motioning and mumbling to Pakize. She proceeds cautiously. Mom, I’m going to say something again. Does Dad still dream? Ummu glances at Muza then turns to put the pastry in the oven. Uh, he’s with me right now, we’re having dinner together. Pakize understands that Mom can’t talk freely. Ummu prepares a dish of pastries for Muza. Kadir is very frustrated.
Muza catches on that something is up and he takes the phone from Ummu. Pakize, daughter, tell that idiot Kadir not to keep making you call me all the time. If he's got guts, let him call me himself! And don’t hang such ridiculous things in my room anymore! Muza hangs up. Kadir mocks Muza’s ranting. Ummu is ticket at Muza. Pakize and Kadir are discouraged. Deniz comes into the room and asks Pakize to take him to bed. End edit.
S2 #57 part 5
Sada, Vurgun, and Hasan meet in the man cave. Hasan cautions his sister. Abla, if you do this, he’ll go to jail. There’s no turning back. Don’t do something you’ll regret later. Did you think carefully about this? Ah, Hasan, Sada replies, don’t press on my wound. If you told me there was another solution, I’d carry it out. If you have another idea, please tell me. He doesn’t have one. He says he’ll handle everything with the truck. Sada tells him to hurry and not to tell anyone else. Sada cries over a picture of her young sons. Boran… I’m so sorry, son.
Kaya returns to the konak and meets Hasan on his way out. He asks, Uncle, what are you doing here? Did something happen? Hasan says, no, I just came to see my sister. When I found out what happened, I had to do something. I came right away. Thankfully, you settled the score with Ecmel and his dogs.
Kaya asks, and how are you doing? Hasan says he’s fine. Sometimes his back hurts. I can’t believe that of all the men in Midyat, I’m the one that Fidan hit with her car. I swear she’s a very dangerous woman. Kaya laughs and agrees. Where did this happen, Kaya asks. Hasan says it was by the old warehouse in the industrial district. Kaya wonders what Fidan was doing there.
Hasan says he couldn’t even ask her. He thinks back. First, he saw Zerrin drive by. He tells Kaya that Fidan was following her. He’s sure of it. He saw Zerrin and then Fidan hit him. He doesn’t remember anything after that. Kaya wonders where Zerrin was going.
Cihal head back to their rooms, holding hands. They stand in front of their respective doors and bid each other goodnight. It’s a little awkward. Cihan asks her to give little Cihan a kiss from him. She says will do. He walks over to her and says, you should also kiss the other Cihan. I will, she replies and gives him a kiss on the cheek. He walks back to his door.
Alya calls out, Cihan? Come inside.
Ay, me está doliendo… no, not Cihal… me. And we are out.
This is great Dondi! So many details I’d already forgotten. Thank you so much!!
I’m wondering if the farm is a good place to stash people. It’s not defensible like the konak which is more of a fortress. And why did Ecmel bring so few men? You’d think he’d want to make a big threatening impression.
Poor Vurgun. He apparently has no personal life. Sadakat is sending him on another elaborate errand. Great plot twist though! I wonder how he’s going to get hold of Boran who now knows he’s on the side of the Alboras. Could he somehow put him into another coma? There’s not much difference between coma Boran and awake Boran and maybe nobody would notice.
The dinner table scene: I was thinking I wished it was my recap night because it could be completely skipped over. Yeah, very cringe.
Maggie
Great “rant” you did! So many things to think about!
Deniz: Yeah. The kid is perpetually sunny and oblivious. It’s particularly noticeable when his mother showers kisses and tenderness on him and he just keeps playing or whatever. It’s a real one-way street. Can’t the director help with this? The result for me is that here the story revolves around her keeping custody of him and I really don’t give a hoot. And just to show I’m meaner than you: yeah he can’t act but I also don’t find him cute. Great hair but that’s about it. Not an appealing child.
Yes to all that building burning! How will Cihan avoid big jail time? Okay maybe the warehouse to hit Ecmel in the finances, but the house? I live right adjacent to where one of the big LA fires hit and I know people who lost their homes. Yeah, they’re devastated about the homes but the main thing is their stuff! A whole lifetime of photos, all their beloved things.
Maggie
Thanks, dondi! Another excellent recap. I laughed out loud at "me está doliendo" being personal for you.
I enjoyed Fidan, heretofore only grimacing at her awful husband, telling Ecmel she'd rather burn up than live with him.
I know they're just making us suffer, but wouldn't marrying Cihan improve Alya's chances of regaining custody of Deniz? Married, professional couple vs guy proven in open court to have faked his own death.
BTW, in the very beginning Cihan was on the lam for something and could not be in certain parts of Mardin lest he be taken into custody. That seems to have just faded away with no resolution that I can remember.
Boran, to me, seems to want Deniz as a trophy. I still wonder if Deniz is referring to Boran or Ecmel as that "awful man". He's resisted Ecmel as his grandfather because he kidnapped him unaware of the relationship. But I wonder if he's now completely sour on his bio dad.
Sigh. Why couldn't they just let our loving couple have their very nice dinner without Alya bringing up the worries.
dondi, you went after Sadakat with a scalpel with your asides when she's touting her own mothering!
Um...won't Vurgun also have to go to prison if Boran is seized at the border? They'd both be in a truck with the contraband. His consistent self-sacrifice verges on being weird. OTOH a mention was made of Boran somehow threatening Vurgun's relative in prison (daughter, wife?).
At first I thought Sada was saying she wanted. Vurgun/Gurgun to kill Boran. But jail works. From Dondi’s recap, maybe the idea to take Boran into Syria. Then when he wakes up or gets free, he’ll go back to Turkey alone and THEN get arrested? So Sada can do whatever she has planned at a Turkish prison. Still doesn’t sound great but maybe better than Syria? Boran threatened VGurgun with his daughter, who I believe was in prison somewhere (if I remembered right), but VGurgun kinda rejected that threat when he took up arms against Boran. I hope his kid is ok.
I was annoyed that CihAl ordered soooo much food and AGAIN no was eating. So much waste. But at least they’ll have leftovers for a week. Ummu could use a break.
K
<< Home
© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.


