Thursday, May 11, 2006

Barrera de Amor - May 11 (lite)



I found this picture of the actress who plays Maite, Yadhira Carillo, on the Esmas web site. She looks an awful lot better as Maite than in her normal life.








I watched most of tonight's episode because I have to recap tomorrow and I knew it was going into the "next step." Actually, not a lot happened except for the passage of time.
The three young girls in the novela: Valeria, Veronica and Juanita - all get sent to a Catholic school in "Canada," city unspecified but it looked like Montreal. They appear to mostly study ballet and a little psychology. They grow up to be very nice looking girls, especially Veronica who was a very unattractive child.
Unibrow's boys: Daniel & Andres inherit their father's heavy brows. What a disappointment! One of them wants to be a bull fighter but Unibrow is against it. Gordo buys the land from Jacinta on which Adolfo had planted grapevines. Maite stops wearing a bandeau! She appears to still have a platonic relationship with Victor. I guess women who are holding the torch for their true loves don't get to have sex but their men do. Nice double standard.
Federico gets to sit down in the presence of Jacinta and live in the big house! Remedios is rather put out when Jacinta reminds her that she is still only a servant.
For her psychology project, either Valeria or Juanita is going to study multiple personality disorder. Just hearing about this, Veronica goes into a fugue state. Later we see her other two personalities: Vera, the slut and Violeta, the timid one. Finally, Maite finds the letter in one of Veronica's old dolls that Magdalena wrote to Adolfo about their child.

Labels:


Comments:
Thank you Jean! I saw the "multiple personalities" scene and I have to say: this novela is just getting worse and worse. I'm sort of despairing about it! But I'm on for blogging Monday.

Victor and Maite looked very chummy together. Don't you think we're supposed to think they are, like, shacked up together? In which case, are they going to have to kill Victor, too, in order for Maite to end up with Unibrow? Victor is better! Oh, it's all so dreary.
 

I'm curious about what course Victor and Maite's relationship will take? I'm confused by their relationship? Are they friends? More than friends? Does he have feelings for her? I'm right there with you Melinama, the outlook is becoming bleak for this one. Hopefully, the storyline will improve soon...*fingers crossed*
 

Victor and Maite looked like quite the old married couple. Hard to understand how they function as Veronica's parents if they don't cohabitate.

By the time Maite and Unibrow hook up it will be a senior citizen romance. Maybe it's not going to happen and we will be focusing now on the new batch of characters. I'd like to say this brings hope for the future, but unless new writers come with these new characters I'm not very optomistic.

-Lilian
 

At this point I am so confused about Maite and Victor that I don't know what to think. Do I even care? Jean I agree with you, that double standard stinks. Even more so because Unibrow is such a putz.
 

ooooh she looks mad in that photo! Maybe she's realized how bad this show is and her career is going down, man! She'll never work in this town again! She's SO pretty though. I wish I had those cheekbones.

Cat, who had too much caffiene again
 

Hi,
Very nice of you to recap Jean, Thanks!
I think last night they gave us a hint that Victor might be gay. Maite and Victor were at the table exchanging compliments,when Maite said she accepted him for who he was. Something fishy is going on there, was it a hint? Maybe. I'm still not sure. I forget who said Victor was gay earlier, but I think you are on the right track.

Jacinta and Federico are two peas in a pod, aren't they! It made me laugh when Janicita told Federico he could smoke then she waved her papers crazily as he tried to blow the smoke the other way. Funny scene.

I'm glad you guys are still plugging away, even though this novela is crap.
 

I keep wondering about those "mysterious" phone calls Victor gets every once in a while, like the one last night - what is going on? Another observation about last night - did you guys notice that the "nice" people were all wearing glasses - Maite, Victor, Unibrow, Nuria, etc., and all the "baddies" like Jacinta, Federico were not? What's the deal?
Nancy
 

Interesting observation about the glasses, Nancy. I noticed people seemed to have aged differently. Federico has salt and pepper hair while Nicolas, Manola's father doesn't seem to have aged a day.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder