Monday, July 31, 2006

La Fea Más Bella recaps resume...

Hola! I will be doing my best to keep you updated with weekly (if not more frequent) updates for La Fea Mas Bella.

Before I post any recaps, let me explain a few things. First, much like Chris before me, I learned Spanish in high school, more than 20 years ago. Unlike Chris, I don't have a spouse or even a close friend whose Spanish is better than mine, who's willing to watch this show with me.

Therefore, while I usually get the gist of what's going on during this show, I often miss a lot of the subtleties; worse, any time two people (usually Omar and Fernando) are simply having a conversation, with very little accompanying action, the most I can figure out is "they're talking about business" or "they're talking about their scheme on Lety again."

So, I'm not sure how much help these recaps will be to fans of La Fea, but let's try it and see. What I'm hoping is that I'll give the best recap I can, and if I've missed something or gotten it wrong, someone will use the Comments link below each post to correct me or fill in the blanks.

And if it turns out that my recaps STINK and are of no use to anyone, I'll just stop doing 'em. Okay? Okay!

Ah, and another piece of business. First, if you are good at reading Spanish (rather than listening to it), or if you have patience with Google's "Language Tools" translations, you might have some luck with this web page, which gives full recaps of all the episodes so far. Note that the show in Mexico is way ahead of the show on Univision, so there's a risk you'll get spoiled, plus I'm not sure how far ahead of Univision they actually are.

Also, you can read detailed English recaps of the original, Colombian Yo Soy Betty La Fea on this website. Up to this point, they've been almost exactly like the Mexican show, so this is another good way to get caught up, and maybe stay ahead, although I don't think the shows are going to stay completely parallel indefinitely.

I don't think it's hard to figure out who's who, but just in case it's confusing, here's a little cheat-sheet to help you with the names that are different in the Colombian version:

  • Armando is Fernando
  • Aura Maria is Paula Maria
  • Berta is Marta
  • Betty is Lety
  • Daniel is Ariel
  • Freddy is Saimon
  • Gutierrez is Lopez
  • Hermes is RoboPapa
  • Hugo is Luigi
  • Jenny is Yazmin
  • Julia is Mom
  • Marcela is Marcia
  • Mario is Omar
  • Nicolas is Tomas
  • Patricia is Alicia
  • Sofia is Lola

Labels:


Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder