Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Barrera de Amor recap: September 19

  • According to ESMAS, there are seventeen episodes following tonight. But according to a starting date of October 3 for Mundo de Fieras, there are only nine slots left for the 17 episodes. What do you think?

  • We left Veronica last night with her mouth open in horror that "her" mother Maite is actually Valeria's "real" mother. "Valeria gets everything and now she has my mother too." She becomes Vera, bares her fangs, blames everybody, and stomps around. Juanita ruefully tells Valeria she can't stay and chat - she'll have to chase after Veronica, since she promised Victor and Maite to watch over her.

    So Valeria goes back to the hacienda where the maid was hyperventilating about her absence, luckily beating Jacinta home.

  • Jacinta was occupied elsewhere, trying to kill Andres. The promising young toreador Marcos was supposed to be showing off his skills against a cow, but Jacinta sidled around back and with the help of an accomplice opened the gate of an evil bull with very pointy horns instead. When Andres realizes the youth is in the ring with an evil bull, he jumps in and tries to control the situation but gets gored. They rush him to the hospital. Jacinta smiles.

  • Jacaranda and Rafael get the keys to Victor's apartment. Their plan is to get Magdalena's letter and sell it to Jacinta, who will be mortified to discover the "loco" Veronica is her grand-daughter.

    Rafael overhears Guillermo and Mommy being subjected to a tirade from the brutal husband/father. "When are you coming home? The other children and our friends have been asking!" The shouting gets very heated and Mommy says "You are pathetic and ridiculous, you are a caricature of a macho man. I'll be filing for divorce."

    As the dad stomps off, Mommy says to Guillermo: "I felt safe and protected at your side. You are a real man!" Rafael then sidles up to the dad and says "I'm on your side. If you pay me well, I'll see to it that Victor and your son Guillermo are separated forever."

  • Jacinta: "I felt the presence of God at my side when I opened the bull's door. He guided my hand, I was a divine instrument, just as when I sicced the bull on my husband and killed him." She's not so complacent when she gets home and finds Valeria has run to the hospital to see her wounded husband Andres. She sends Federico to fetch her back.

  • All over town phones ring with the news that Andres has been hurt and may (of course) be dying. Valeria rushes in, Juanita comes, and Unibrow - who, dressed in an extra-large labcoat which is not at all flattering, had been at the lab analyzing Jacinta's drug stash - all join Dionisius and Maite and Victor in the hospital waiting room.

    The doctor says Andres will be ok. Unibrow goes in and reconciles with him (with Andres, not with the doctor). In the hallway, Valeria overhears the sobbing Bon-bon saying Andres is the love of her life and that when he recovers the two of them will go back to Spain. Valeria, despondent, is then willing to go back to the hacienda with Federico. Maite tries to talk to her but Valeria screams and rejects her.

  • Jacinta: "Lord, I never ask for anything unjust. Don't let that wretch leave the hospital alive." She is so disappointed to hear, later, that he is out of danger. She yells at Valeria: "You're a mujerzuela just like your mother, the seed of sin is in your soul, you owe me everything and if I wanted to, I could take your life away." She also mutters: "He is alive - but not for long."

  • The Maldonados get a minute or two of airtime, talking about a bracelet in an old picture (I think it's the one Jacinta had taken of herself and Adolfo). Sergio says "every time that bracelet was mentioned, my sister Jacinta got very nervous. And Remedios ended up with the bracelet."

  • Since Andres is ok, Victor says he's got to go to Veronica - it turns out she fled back to Mexico City. She burst into his apartment, surprised Guillermo and Mommy, and locked herself in her room where she had a screaming match among her personalities. Vera triumphed and says, "I'm the strongest, it's only I who decide what happens, I'm not going to let that lousy Veronica come back." When Victor arrives she lets him in and sobs hysterically: "You're all that's left to me, I don't have to share you, nobody is going to come between us, I swear." No doubt thinking of Guillermo, Victor consternates.

Labels:


Comments:
I dislike these Veronica/Vera issues! Besides that I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your recaps and catching an occasional episode. Thank you.

Scary to think of 17 episodes being condensced into 9. But then again the problem with this novela has always been non-progress with the story line. Maybe the fast forwarding will help the show out.
 

My guess is that they will double-up the time slots for a week or two and run it from 9 to 11. But that's only a guess. It's also possible that the last episodes will be so filler-laden that they will have no trouble cutting them down.

However, Amanda and I have noticed that the Esmas recaps for La Fea Mas Bella are often horribly, terribly, bafflingly wrong - and I don't just mean for the episodes as they're shown on Univision. Amanda says she's watched some of the Mexican episodes and the Esmas recaps don't even match those. One time they even posted a big surprise in a recap that hadn't actually happened yet in that day's episode.

So it's possible that the information you got from the Esmas site was just plain wrong.
 

I loved Jacinta in this episode, she's an absolute nut case.

I sure hope they don't do 2-hour episodes at the end. I can barely stand to fast-forward through one hour. Thank you for recapping so I don't have to watch the whole hour!!! Anyway your recaps are way better scripted than the novela itself.
 

Thanks So Much for the recaps! The reason Esmas shows 17 episodes is that this was originally a half-hour novela! The hour you watch is actually 2 episodes! So, no more than nine more shows.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder