Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Barrera de Amor recap: September 27

  • Andres and Valeria work out their differences and realize Jacinta was behind the "misunderstanding" which parted them. "I can't live without you." Kissy Kissy. Andres gives her a ring, says they should marry in church soon, urges her to make up with her mother Maite (here he strikes out, however). Valeria says she'll stay at the convent in Aguascalientes for now. "Grandmother mustn't know we're reunited or she'll muck things up."

  • Manola: "I'll insure Rodrigo's inheritance - and hence my own future lap of luxury - by throwing him at that loca Veronica. Simultaneously, I must convince Federico there's no birth certificate and that he's not really a Vallodolid because I need time to get Rodrigo and Veronica married. If Federico knew he had a legitimate, provable claim as Pedro's son, he would kill Jacinta forthwith and spoil my plans!" OK, she didn't exactly say all that. I'm interpolating again.

  • Doc Monica explains to the perennially confused parents (Maite and Victor) that Vera has been in control for a long time. It's not that she hates MT & Vic, she's like a little girl, an egotist, full of envy. They decide to ask the nun Maria to go see V3 and see if Veronica can somehow be retrieved.

  • Oh, Federico is so aggravated. He comes upon Jacinta's lawyer, fresh from adding Veronica to the will - now Federico's share is down to 33.33333%. Jacinta tartly inquires: "You don't mind, do you?" "Of course not, I have been here at your side all these years for affection's sake, not money." Heh.

    Coming in with more documents, Federico later finds Jacinta and Jacintita sitting side by side listening to Pedro's record collection while Jacinta reminisces; he's told to "leave us alone."

    He grabs Veronica later and says: "I know your game!" She icily replies: "You don't have manners like grandma and me. You will always be a servant." He thought-bubbles: "I should have killed Magdalena when I had the chance, then Veronica wouldn't exist! Luis Antonio's offer may be my only hope to keep a healthy chunk of the Vallodolid dough."

  • Valeria shows up at the hacienda with baby and suitcase! "I'm here to stay! I have no interest in Andres and no further need to hide from him." She pretends to be surprised when she is told Veronica is her half-sister. She embraces her old friend Jacintita, a.k.a. Mini-Me.

    Andres bursts in, demanding to see Valeria. She comes down the stairs and hides behind Jacinta, telling him to scram. Jacinta is pleased.

  • Rodrigo is not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he's beginning to realize something's wrong with his grandfather Nicolas, who is once again freaking out over candy wrappers, waving his loaded gun around wildly, and washing his hands while muttering about blood stains. "The dead are after us. Gustavo wants vengeance on Manola and Omar wants vengeance on me." Rodrigo looks puzzled, but oh well.

  • Maite, Victor, and Doc Monica visit the dubious Dr. Pardo and ask why he helped Jacinta spirit Veronica away. Maite recognizes him as the doc who drugged her so long ago. "Jacinta will get me a lawyer!" "You'll need one." Later Doc Monica says she thinks she remembers Pardo losing his license long ago. "A fraud!??" Unibrow frowns gravely and says he'll look into it.

  • Jacinta and Mini-Me go off to dinner at the Linares place, but not before Jacinta signs one last batch of documents - these being the ones Unibrow gave Federico! Federico snickers.

    Andres and Valeria have a sneak meeting. She reassures him: "I have to pretend - I came back to help Veronica, I can't leave her here alone... I adore you completely, don't worry... "

    At the Linares luncheon, Manola coyly sends the youngsters off to "view the estate." It was hysterical to see Vera/Veronica/V3/Jacintita/Mini-Me - dressed as she invariably is these days in long, severe Victorian black dress and swept-up hair and pale, Kabuki-like makeup - well, she collars Rodrigo behind a column, unbuttons his shirt, and starts kissing him! HAH! HAH! He is surprised but not averse.

    While smooching they are interrupted by Jacaranda, who picks this moment to haul Vera off to see the tri-partite mirror of her childhood.

    Vera is left alone with her mirror. Before you know it, Violeta has escaped from the mirror and Vera (in blond wig) is back inside. Violeta crushes the glass - "I'll trap you as you once trapped me!" I'm glad because I was mighty tired of Vera and ready for a change.

Labels:


Comments:
Well, it won't be much longer now.
Maybe even dumbo Rodrigo will figure out what happened to his friend.
I was hoping that everything would end at the party, I could imagine
Gustavo coming out doing a wheely, while Manola and Nicolas fainted.
OH, well, we'll just have to wait and see.
As usual, your recaps put the icing on the cake, because now I know what they were all saying.
 

How about that stiff, forced kiss between Maite and Unibrow? She looked like she could barely stand to give him a peck. It hardly counted as a kiss. I know, I know, it's bad form to mention Unibrow kissing, isn't it? Sorry.

I finally got to see Veronica as Jacintita. They look exactly like each other...creepy!

Do you suppose Dr. Pardo ever gets called Don Pardo? (I couldn't resist.)

Great recap!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder