Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Barrera de Amor synopsis: September 5

  • Again, no sign of Unibrow.

  • You recall we last saw Valeria at the convent, holding her squalling baby, mouth hanging open as her serial-killer granny stormed up demanding to know what she was doing with that child!

    Well, Remedios swept in, plucked the baby from her arms, said, "this is the child of one of my charges," and took him away! Quick thinking! Jacinta: "Remedios, tell nobody that Valeria is here, so she won't be, uh, bothered with pesky questions." Later: "Valeria, you cannot leave the convent except with me." Valeria feebly protests this house arrest.

  • Dr. Monica asks Maite and Victor to bring in the dolls, Violeta and Vera, which Veronica played with when she was little. Veronica is shocked to see the dolls again. Monica calls to Veronica's alter ego Vera! Who finally appears! Explaining: "I didn't show myself before because I thought you'd try to get rid of me. I am the daring one, the one who knows how to attract a man." She denies the existence of alter-ego Violeta and suggests it should be she, Vera, who gets domination of Valeria's body.

  • Manola and Federico have a nice snuggle in bed. Him (out loud): "I could have you and your dad putrefying in jail. There's no such thing as a perfect crime." Her (thought-bubble): "I'll get rid of you."

  • Maite gets more anonymous flowers. The village ladies, and Rodrigo, are still trying to figure out who bought Las Barricas.

  • It turns out yesterday's teaser was a fake! Nicolas, nervous as a witch, merely IMAGINES he is shot in the chest. He conjures the same scene twice - the second time, when he reaches for the gun on his desk, it's missing! He starts shouting and Rodrigo brings the gun back - he had recently been using it for target practice, as the defunct OMAR had suggested. "Grandfather, you seem a little strange."

  • Valeria asks for help from the nuns and the padre. First she gets a nun to show her where the Secret Tunnel out of the nunnery is, and the whereabouts of the key. Next, she confesses to Padre Raul and gets him to participate in an elaborate plan. He goes to the hacienda and butters Jacinta up shamelessly for hours as she preens. Then, just as he is about to leave, a baby is found on the doorstep! A foundling! Wearing a medal that says "Pedro!"

    "Oh Jacinta, merciful and generous as you are, I'm sure you will take good care of this baby."

    Valeria's plan: Jacinta will become fond of the baby and THEN Valeria can say it's hers. What a lame idea! Jacinta snarls to Federico: "I want to be rid of this mocoso (I love that word, it's like snot-nose) but since the Padre witnessed this, I couldn't just "disappear" the brat." He suggests they wait till people forget about it and then take the baby off to an orphanage somewhere.

    The preview for tomorrow, though, has Jacinta opening all the windows wide on a windy day, perhaps in hopes the baby will get pneumonia and die. And of course there's probably a goodly supply of poison powder still stashed in the basement...

  • Andres muses, with Gordo, about an early memory of a pretty woman rescuing him from a giant bull. "I remember because Daniel and I drew it." At the end of the episode, this very drawing shows up by stupid coincidence and is given to Maite, who puts it on a table, so by yet another stupid coincidence, it is sitting on that very table next to Maite when Andres shows up, newly arrived from Spain! He sees it and says: "YOU were my father's girlfriend!"

Labels:


Comments:
I record Barrera when I can, but hardly ever watch it. However I HAD to go back and watch the scene of Manola and Federico in bad after reading your post. Too funny!

My friends at work who watch Barrera now that it's in its "Ultimo Capitulos" have a nickname for Vera; it's Vera la perra. I agree, mocoso is a great word. I recall Manola calling little Rodrigo that when he was an infant.

Great recap! Absolutely hilarious.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder