Friday, December 01, 2006

La Fea Más Bella #157 11/30/06 The Aftermath

In her bedroom, Irmita tells the cuartel, Saimon, and Luigi about her daughter Rebeca, who moved to Boston, works as a nurse, married a gringo, and has a daughter. Irma laments that she has never met her granddaughter. But she is happy that both of her kids are fine, even though they are so far away. She’s been on her own for 18 years now, “You’re born into this world alone, and you die alone.” Everyone is sobbing. Luigi says the party is over. They argue over who gets to stay to take care of Irma. PM says she will stay and Saimon says he will stay to take care of PM and Irma. Luigi protests that he knows that as soon Irma nods off, PMS will sneak off to reproduce like rabbits.

In the swiggle-mobile, Tomas is excited about Alicia offering to nurse his wounds. Lety warns him again about taking Alicia seriously, and about giving her money. She also warns him that the story he gave Alicia about a bunch of thugs jumping him will fall apart tomorrow when the whole company hears the gossip about what really happened.

It’s decided; Luigi will stay the night with Irmita, and in the morning the cuartel will do a lottery to decide who will miss work to watch her.

The doorman calls Alicia to tell her Tomas has arrived. She squeals with delight, dances around, and sprays herself and her apartment with about half a bottle of perfume.

Tomas, all beat up, has to drag himself to get to Alicia’s door. He gargles. Remembering he has the Filmo Imagen checkbook, decides he can’t take it into Alicia’s apartment because it will be too tempting. He hides it in under a table right outside Alicia’s door. Alicia lets him in. She gives him and excited "Ay Tommy!" She pretends to be concerned about Tomas’s bloody state and leads him to the couch, but Tomas makes a beeline for the bed. Alicia purrs into Tomas’s ear that she will go get the first aid stuff. As Alicia walks away, Tomas gets comfy on the bed. He takes off his shoes and taps his feet together, and a cloud of talcum powder rises from his socks. Alicia comes back and asks who he got into a fight with. Tomas says that he will tell her the truth, because she is going to find out anyway; it was Fernando Mendiola. Alicia offers a surprised “Aaaaay Tommy!” He goes on to explain that Fern showed up at Irma’s house, where he got into a work-related argument with Lety. Tomas defended her and that's how he got in a fight with Fern. He adds that he almost killed Ferm. Alicia says that Fern almost killed Tommy, too. She stuffs a big piece of cotton up Tommy’s nose. Ich! Tomas puckers up for a kiss. Gross! Alicia moves away. She gives a sympathetic “Ay Tommy! You poor baby… Oh yeah, where’s my money?” Tomas says that he has secured a loan for her. She rewards him by bringing his face to rest on her overstuffed gozangas.

Luigi tucks Irmita in and says he will wake her up when it’s time for her meds. Irmita is on cloud nine. She lies back in bed with the same contented look my kids get when I let them sleep in my room. Luigi sits in a chair and watches her sleep.

Tomas tells Alicia that the loan will be ready maybe next week. Alicia cries that it will be too late. She says this bad news has spoiled the evening. Tomas offers to lend her the money himself. Alicia joyfully accepts and wants the check right now. Tomas says he does have his checkbook. Alicia searches all his pockets and finally accepts that the checkbook is not there.

Lety is home, thanking her mom for the great dinner. She wants to take Moty for a walk. Mom wants to come along. Lety prefers to go alone; she has stuff to think about.

Alicia, realizing there’s no salvation for her car tonight, suddenly feels ill. She wants to be alone. She rushes Tomas out of her apartment, but not before asking if he will get her the check tomorrow. Tomas agrees. He exits the apartment and remarks that his date almost cost him $500,000, and that Alicia’s kisses are very expensive. He pulls the checkbook from its hiding place and tells it that, just as he predicted, it would have been a bad idea to take it with him into Alicia’s place.

Lety is out on the street and carrying Moty [Hey, isn’t the point of walking a dog to let the dog walk?]. She remembers how she slapped Fern and thinks aloud that it’s ironic that, after loving him so much, today she just wanted to strangle him. Suddenly, a there's voice calling her “Woman!” It’s the Psychic Guy! He continues “So because of that you don’t believe you love him anymore?” Lety remembers that this is the same PG who warned her about The Letter. The PG confirms that, yes, it is him. She says the letter told the story of a great treason, and it changed her life. It sent her from heaven to hell in an instant. He says that yes, he already knows that. He raises a single brow for effect and says that they have met again because he has something to tell her. Lety is scared. She starts to walk away, but the PG stops her. He says that she wanted revenge against that man caused her so much pain, but her plan did nothing but intensify that pain. Lety nods yes. PG says he can see the two of them tangled in a web of confusion and lies. That’s why they do not understand each other, and that’s why they have not been able clarify this situation. [Very insightful… He must watch a lot of novelas and Three’s Company] Lety says that everything is clear; He (Fern) is using her to secure his company. PG thinks that that company is the trap that unites them, and at the same time divides them. Lety says that she’s leaving the company. He says "You’re going to lose yourself. Everything that kept you going will disappear, and then your fight to survive will really begin." Lety says “What does it all mean?” PG tells Lety that, throughout the difficult phase that is waiting for her, she must remember that the solution to her problems is within herself, and she will not succeed until she discovers her inner strength. He says that her desperation and “his” are the same, and if they don’t accept that, then they both will always suffer. He promises to see her again “after the storm” and walks away. Lety is left alone, and she asks herself “My desperation is the same as Fern’s? Why?”

Next morning. Fern arrives at work. In the main lobby, Omar wants to know why Fern asked him to come in early. Fern enunciates “CA-TAS-TRO-PHE!” Just then, the elevator opens just in time for the guys to hear Lola, Juana, and Sarah gossiping about the fight. They realize they are busted, and Lola pretends they were talking about a movie. Fern and Omar go into the office for the daily rehash. Omar chastises Fern. Of course Tomas was going to defend Lety against a drunken lunatic. Fern denies that he got into the fight because he was jealous. He says he knows he went overboard, but it felt so good to hit that Tomas that before he could stop himself, he was hitting him over and over. But when Lety slapped him, he froze.

Lety arrives and PM wants the scoop. Lety evades the topic.

Omar says that Fern has officially hit rock-bottom. He offers to murder Lety. Fern sarcastically says that would be great, because then Lety’s family would inherit the company. Omar says Fern must publicly and profusely apologize. He hands Fern a blank card of the day.

Lety makes her way up to the executive lobby, where the cuartel corner her for gossip. Lety says is was a misunderstanding. Juana points out that Lety slapped her boss; doesn’t she remember? Lety causally turns away from them so that they don’t see the GIGANTIC grin that spreads across her face as Juana says this. They want to know what happened. Lety turns back and explains that Fern wanted to go discuss some business stuff, but Tomas took offense because he was waiting for her. She says that things got out of hand because of the alcohol involved. She asks them to be discreet about the whole thing.

Irmita wakes up before Luigi. As he wakes up in his chair, she brings him a cup tea. She wants to shower, he doesn’t let her. She says if she’s going to feel better, she needs to shower and change. He jokingly offers to shower with her.

The cuartel ask Lety how she will face her boss. They think he will fire her. She says if he fires her that’s fine with her.

Fern is done writing in the card but won’t let Omar read it. Omar asks if Fern brought his kneepads.

In the lobby, Fern runs into Alicia. He mockingly thanks her for showing up early. Alicia asks about the bruises on his face. He says he beat up an Oxi last night because she wouldn’t mind her own business. Fern heads for his office.

Marcia arrives, and it takes 5 seconds before Alicia gives her the gossip. Marcia is impactada “Lety’s boyfriend?” Alicia reminds her “He’s my boyfriend too!”

Fern enters Lety’s office. He is so, so sorry. Lety says he has nothing to apologize for. Tomas and her dad are putting together a full accounting of Filmo Imagen’s expenses. Fern says that’s not necessary. Lety says that he thought differently last night. Fern says his behavior was not due to the expenses, but rather to his jealousy. He wants her to please, please believe him and forgive him. Lety says he shouldn’t worry about her, he should worry about the gossip. She asks whether he is willing to announce to everyone that he was jealous because of her or that he's upset about Tomas’s management of Filmo Imagen. Fern says he has a hard time expressing himself and gives Lety the card. Lety reads:

"Don’t fault me for what I did, don’t fault me for what I am, because I don’t even know who I am anymore. I am full of anguish, and it’s because you have rejected me. You don’t seem to hear my desperate scream. My love for you does not move you. Nothing matters to you. But don’t ask me to be indifferent when I see you with him, and don’t ask me to suppress my rage when someone is snatching you away from me. I won’t stand for it. I still consider you mine, despite your detachment. Don’t fault me, because you have thrown me into a dark and deep tunnel and you won’t tell me how to get out. Give me back your kisses. Say that you are mine again. Give me peace. I love you.”

Fernando paces back and forth as she reads. The look on his face is … well, he really needs a hug. Lety’s face is somewhere between unbelieving and hopeful. She asks, “Does this mean you will tell everyone that the fight was due to your jealousy, and that you are in love with me?”

Labels:


Comments:
Great recap, Alma. How come you haven't sent me a picture to put up in the sidebar? It's gotten so I have to turn the sound off when Alicia is cooing, it's intolerable. She looked kind of gross in that red dress last night. I like the way Tomas is learning - that he can "love" Alicia even while realizing she's out for his money - it's sad he doesn't even realize how badly she's treating him.
 

Thanks so much Alma! It was a very interesting recap!
I guess Alicia is held in quite a bit in her work clothes? Either that, or the tight red dress just makes her look larger?
Fern is breaking my heart! I am not enjoying seeing him suffer. I want Lety to forgive him and smother him with kisses!!!!!!
Carrie L.
 

Alicia wears a corset under her work clothes (as we discovered when she changed her clothes in the van at the country club). But at home, when trying to coax money out of Tomas, she just lets it all hang out. :)

In the Colombian show, the Alicia character (Patricia) was nicknamed Peliteñida, which (like Oxigenada) means bleach-blonde.
 

That was a good recap, Alma. I love Omar asking Fernando if he has his kneepads. I didn't pick that up while wathcing and it is funny. Poor Fernando. I feel so bad for him. Even more so than for Lety at the moment. At least she has her anger to buffer the sadness while Fernando seems to have mostly the pain.

Connie
 

In Latin countries, men appreciate a woman with a little 'extra' going on - you go on with your curvy self - alicia!
 

I couldn't believe it when Omar handed Fern yet another card. Is'nt this action becoming a little old?

I feel bad for Fern. But honestly it's as easy as the PG states: he needs to walk away from his business and towards Lety. He asks Lety not to blame him for so much, when really it was his actions that landed him into this mess.

BTW, I understand Lety's fear of PG. Now he's telling her her life is going to get a lot worse than the hell she's been in. Oh, poor, poor Lety! If I were her, I would be shaking in my boots.
 

Great recap! I just discovered this website. I love how detailed you are and the best part is that it's in english! Thank you so much. I missed last night's episode, so this was perfect!
 

Fern could end all of this by calling off the wedding right now instead of waiting till after the meeting. Oh, it'd create some grief, but he and Lety could be happy together.

On the other hand, I don't think there is anything Lety could do that would solve the problem for both of them. She should really tell him she read the letter, but I doubt that he'd be able to convince her that it was all a misunderstanding then, since that's what he'd say if he was evil, too.

So, I'm still feeling more sorry for Lety than for Fern. Lety may have the upper hand financially, but he's the one who needs to prove his good intentions. I'm not saying it's easy, I'm just saying, he's in a better position than she is and is still choosing not to do the right thing.
 

You're right, of course, Julie. It is Fernando that needs to make his intentions toward Lety clear and calling off his upcoming wedding would be the first step there. I forget this when I see him in such misery. As far as Fernando's just walking away from the Company, that is much easier said than done. Remember this is his livihood and his family. That would be tough to walk away from, even though that is what he should do. His fear of losing Lety might push him to do it but I think it would take something that major to make it happen.

Connie
 

Well I have come to the conclusion that Fer is having a mini-break down...kinda like when the British go on a mini-break (vacation), only one is way more fun than the other. Two thumbs up for Fer's attempt to self medicate.

I think maybe Fer coulda handled the junta, the Tomas/Lety & the Wedding from Hell, but just not all at the same time.
 

I wish they would spend more time on Fern and Letty than on the whiney Oxi and snorting Tomas. Enough with the "comic relief" already. I really feel sorry for Fern as he is in so far over his head he doesn't know which way to turn and Omar sure isn't helping. Oddly enough Letty is starting to get on my nerves because she seems to be irrationally holding onto a grudge. Someone should just lock the two of them in a closet for a couple of days and they might sort things out.
 

Thanks for the recaps. I understand about 75%, but it it fun to re-read everything in English. I found you a couple weeks ago and it's great when I miss an episode.

Last night I was waiting for Fern to show up at Lety's house while she was out "walking" Moty. I wanted him to breakdown in her arms and beg for forgiveness. But instead, we got the resident Psychic Guy.

I like that Tomas is starting to get in the game with Alicia. He knows she just wants his money, but just enjoys being around her. I'm glad that he didn't give her any money and had a flashback to his promise to Lety.

Fern can cancel his wedding and still have the company. He may not stay the President, because he obliviously doesn't have the experience necessary. But, his parents aren't going to throw him out completely. Anyway, isn't Lety the "real" owner now. The whole executive committee meeting is a front and Lety has the real power.

JC
 

I love Alicia and Tomy together! They are hysterical - they are really comically well aligned. when she ripped that tie from his neck and gave him a near neck-burn, when she opened the door to him the day before and while she was all 'posando' he was waving that bouquet of twigs at her and saying "para ti, baby!" too much! and i was right about Irmita! I knew she was practically going to have a stroke!
 

To me, Thomas and Alicia deserve each other. She wants money and he wants someone good-looking. Both shallow in their own ways = a perfect pair. I want to see the two of them end up together. It would seem like cosmic justice to me.

I kinda thought Alicia looked good in that red dress last night. Not quite as uncomfortable w/o the majorly cinched in waist.

And the "Fern and Lety in a closet to work it out" idea is great. As long as it will happen really soon. My heart is breaking for these two.

Again, thanks for the recap. Jorge Flores's dialogue is difficult for me to translate because it is so multilayered in meaning. I am so thankful I found this website to help me out.
 

Thanks SO much for the recap I missed all but the last ten minutes. Thanks also for translating the what the card said, I got the jist of it but it's always great to read the translation so I know I'm on the right track. My heart is SO breaking for Lety and Fer right now. Fer more than Lety. I SO hope on today's ep Lety kisses him senseless but I'm not getting my hopes up. I don't like seeing Fer suffer. Lety needs to be honest with Fer that she knows about the letter instead of keeping him in the dark. But it's wierd because when I think about it I understand why Lety is doing what she's doing and I can't say that I wouldn't be any different. I just want the truth to come out for some pure drama and excitement!!! I am very excited about today's episode!!
 

I think Alicia is doing a phenomenal job in this role. I know she may not have gotten rave reviews in the latin magazines, but this flirtatious, conniving- bordering-on-evil role is actually more complex than we realize.
Though both Alicia and Tomas are profoundly pathetic, there is just enough realism here to be almost scary. There are men who are totally seduced by very sexy ladies and ladies that will go to any lengths at all (ana nicole) for money. Most of them pay their dues over and over again!!
 

This is way late, but thanks to however translated the show's theme song. I would have never known such beautiful words belonged to the music. The music is so happy and bouncy-like I just imagined it was a tongue-in-cheek or funny song.

All the actors do a fabulous job in this show. Sigh, it's just some of their characters get on ones nerve. I wonder what will happen tonight. I am also wondering if the board meeting will happen on Monday's show.

Have a nice weekend everybody.
 

Like everyone else I was waiting for Fern to show up at Lety Just love those two.
 

SPOILER--KIND OF...

I just visited the official website for La Fea and they have announced that in two weeks Lety's new look will be revealed. So, that would be around mid-December. I am dying to see what they have chosen it to be!
Stacey
 

But that must mean 2 weeks on the Mexican episodes right? In our time it would probably be longer.
 

I’ve seen the intro for the Mexican version. She still looks the same. They must be gearing up for the finale in Feb.

We still have to get through one more day before the big meeting, plus the party for the Cannes win! So, it will probably be another week until the meeting day???

It should be an exciting December for us!
 

Omg, I am in LOVE with this show Angelica(Lety) and Jamie(Fernando) do a great job. I hope that lety doesn't decide to leave with Carolina but, i guess she is the one that is going to help her change into a beautiful woman outside just as she is inside. Which means if she leaves then does that mean Fernando marries Marcia??Oh Gosh i hope not..Fernando needs to learn to stop running from his problems and Confess his love for Lety if he ever wants to be happy with lety. If not franando will learn a big lesson when lety comes back and she is beautiful!!!!or well in my eyes even more beautiful!!
 

The character of Marcia is such an obnoxious bitch..Lety's been going thru hell since the day she was hired..She's endured insults to her face & behind her back time and time again. If there's a wedding of Fern & Marcia,I will never watch another show by R. Ocampo,or whatever her name is..Lety has something the character of Marcia and the other vultures will never have..It's beauty of the heart.Maureen
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder