Friday, February 09, 2007

I was just forced to "migrate" to "New Blogger"

Hello all,

I've been resisting the move for weeks because I thought it would inconvenience a lot of people, but finally blogger made me do it. Everybody who writes for Caray Caray! will now need a gmail address - you don't need it for anything else.

It's possible that some of our commenters will have to get gmail addresses too if they want to be un-anonymous.

YOU DO NOT NEED A GMAIL ACCOUNT TO READ THE BLOG OR COMMENT. I think you only need it if you want to keep your NAME attached to your comments.

GMAIL accounts are free and you don't need an "invitation" to get one any more. You can get one here.

Labels:


Comments:
Do we need an e-mail address if we only READ the daily recaps?
 

Hi Anonymous 9:25,

Sorry my original post was unclear - I've tried to clarify. The answer is, no you don't, and obviously (since you did it) you can still comment anonymously. You only need the gmail account if you want to be known to us by your name.
 

I just successfully migrated my author account on caray caray to the new blogger. I already had a gmail account and the three other blogs I particpate on already migrated awhile back. It was easy. I logged in with the username and password I used for old caray caray and it told me you'd switched and asked me to move my account. Then it asked me if I had a gmail account, which I did and I put that in. (If you don't it will help you create one then and there) It clicked over for a few seconds and then it was done. I got an email shortly there after confiming the switch.
 

I'm jealous Margaret! I had some "issues," but I have now officially migrated. Better not quit my day job.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder