Wednesday, March 07, 2007

March 2, 2007…Zorro reveals himself to Esmeralda..again (Marycelis does "Zorro")

Marycelis writes:

For those of you who haven't seen the episodes, Diego told Esmeralda he is Zorro. She told him that she swears she won't reveal the truth. They agreed if they escaped the cannibals, they were going to meet at the chapel and as a sign of loyalty she was gonna swear that she wouldn't reveal the secret. They escape and when Diego tells Bernardo, they agree it wasn't a good idea, yadda yadda. When he & Esmeralda meet at the chapel, Diego basically says I lied, it was a stressful moment, etc. Then Bernardo dressed as Zorro rides up on Tornado as proof that Diego lied and she gets very angry at Diego for lying to her and all that…. anyway on to the medio recap.

Zorro sneaks into Esmeralda's bedroom through the window and removes his mask in front of his lady love. So much for Esmeralda's room being guarded against anybody coming in or out. "Diego?!" She is surprised but not sure if impactada would be the right word so it's a few grades lower than impactada. "You are first and only person I have ever revealed my secret to." She then questions him as to why didn't you tell me this at the chapel? It's a dangerous secret. Why didn't you trust me? I fear for those close to me, my friends, family, etc. Anyone who knows this secret pays the consequences. I imagine superheroes have had this discussion with their lady loves too. He then explains that while at the river (they were being chased cannibals) he had to act openly, remove his Diego de la Vega mask and act like who he really is because he didn't want to loose her. Esmeralda tells him she never would have given away his secret. Diego talks some more about how much he loves Esmeralda how he faces death everyday but the fear of losing her really scares him. They share a very steamy kiss with background music included.

At the church, are Alejandro de la Vega, Dolores and the Indian chick, Jumalai (sp?) wearing a nice white dress with beige trim and eyelets in the skirt part of it ready be baptized. Alejandro feels that getting Jumali baptized, given a Christian name and hired as a servant in his house she will be better protected and hidden from El Governador (I forgot his name so that's what I am gonna call him). She has tried to kill El Governador twice already (revenge for killing her brother and attacking her people) but Alejandro has been able to protect her and hide her whereabouts. She's upset because the dress isn't her and like a small child in a dress she lifts the dress and you can see the slip underneath. Dolores scolds her and smoothes the dress. Alejandro laughs and says that she will have to learn the customs of the white people (everyone here is Hispanic and with a tan/bronzy color, so I guess it's like a western style reference although for an Indian chick she has light skin and looks whiter than everybody else). In that getup, Jumalai looks very much like Regina when she was baptized says Father Tomas….

And that's all she wrote….I gave up at this point. I conceded defeat in the battle for the remote and this freaking keyboard keeps highlighting and removing things I type, aughh!!!!!

Labels:


Comments:
LOL...i can't believe it's here...cool.
 

Thanks so much Marycelis! I really, really wish I could get Telemundo!!

Carrie L.
 

your welcome Carrie...

that's why i wanted sooo much to give a good recap for the nontelemundo viewers. It is worthwhile and seeing Christian Meier isn't a bad treat either.
 

Good start Marycelis. Would you be interested in recapping some more? I let Melinama know that I'd be willing to do Zorro, either as a weekly thing or covering a night if she can get others interested in covering different nights.

There is so much that we can talk about regarding this show. I would love to hear what everyone else who's watching would say about some of the stuff that goes on this show.
 

Please, Please, Please recapp Zorro. If only a weekly catch-all - I wouldn't complain. I get the show, but not the English Captions.

I have so many questions

Why does the Indian Chica look like Don A's first wife?

Why is she trying to get him to bed ( except for the obvious - that he is muy guapo)?

What's MA and the Comandante (sp?) up to except alot of hanky panky?

Answers to any of the above is appreciated,

Thanks to all recappers,
Rhonda
 

Cathy, I am honestly thinking about it,

Anonymous 11:54:

Why does the Indian Chica look like Don A's first wife? - I think it's her, Alejandro had left for Spain when he had news that his wife (who was Indian but he baptized and made her his wife) died, only Diego was in the camp and he was a child. Maria Pia then took care of him thinking Regina died in a massacre. When Diego met Jumalai, he felt a strange tug (like he's known her from long ago) and Alejandro attributed it to the fact that Diego is part Indian.

Why is she trying to get him to bed ( except for the obvious - that he is muy guapo)?

What's MA and the Comandante (sp?) up to except alot of hanky panky? - She wants to work with Comandante to have Esmeraldo marry him and take Esmeraldo away and have Diego all to herself.
 

Great job Marycelis! Thank you for doing this.

I think it's a stretch that Jumalai (the Indian chica) would be Don A's wife only because she is so very young. (Not that the warping of the time and age continuum EVER happens in these shows! Just look at Diego's young daddy.) So far I think she is a holdover from Don A's wife's tribe, a long lost warrior cousin/sister/whatever.

I sincerely hope you, Cathy and whomever decide to recap Zorro on some sort of regular basis.
 

Thanks, Marycelis! Since I've only seen the first episode online [with no motion..only still shots] and Tuesday's episode until the golf channel was suddenly on ...''Now how did THAT happen??'' I asked myself as I snuggled in the canopy bed...''Is Zorro playing golf??? Anyway, is Alejandro Zorra's dad? He is my fav. Also, who is Dolores? And, Which mujere is putting the moves on Zorro's dad? Also, I saw Arturo [eyepatch guy] trying to put the moves on some woman in a white bonnet and blue dress [I guess that's the uniforms of the servant women]...who is she? Thanks. ~~~Susanlynn, out of the -------Z----
 

I'll try to put my 2 cents in next week when I catch up on my DVR'd episodes of Zorro. I thought maybe the Indian woman who looks so much like Don A's first wife is, in telenovela land logic, the daughter of Don A and the Indian woman and somehow Don A never found out about the daughter. And Don A has asked Esmerelda's aunt (can't think of her name) to marry him and the aunt has loved him for many many years so the aunt is extremely happy but I bet the Indian woman throws a monkey wrench into this romance.
 

Thanks, Marycelis! Since I've only seen the first episode online [with no motion..only still shots] and Tuesday's episode until the golf channel was suddenly on ...''Now how did THAT happen??'' I asked myself as I snuggled in the canopy bed...''Is Zorro playing golf??? Anyway, is Alejandro Zorra's dad? He is my fav. Also, who is Dolores? And, Which mujere is putting the moves on Zorro's dad? Also, I saw Arturo [eyepatch guy] trying to put the moves on some woman in a white bonnet and blue dress [I guess that's the uniforms of the servant women]...who is she? Thanks. ~~~Susanlynn, out of the -------Z----
 

i will try and write some responses later (around 4:30 ish)..i am at work and taking quick sneak peeks and really, really want to reply..you think i can get away with saying there is a zorro blog holiday?

:-)

-Marycelis (who doesn't have time to sign in officially)
 

Susanlynn, the women in the blue dresses and white bonnets are wanna-be nuns. They are a religious order waiting for the Pope or some important Bishop to grant them the status of a real convent so they can be real nuns. The Governor is madly madly in love with one of the "sisters", Maria Pia. Dolores is a servant in Alejandro's household and knew A's Indian wife, so I guess she knows lots of family secrets.
 

if yumalai/indian chick (correct spelling) is related to Regina, then Alejandro is putting the moves on his wife's daughter, they were really hot and steamy in yesterday's episode..and she mentioned something about the wedding with Esmeralda's aunt not going forward. Alejandro is engaged to marry Alumenda (sp?) Governador's sister/Esmeralda's aunt.

--Marycelis (quick break before lunch)
 

I wouldn't mind contributing to a Zorro recap. Look for my earlier 'Report on Zorro' post. Unfortunately, I'm going to Mexico for 11 days tomorrow so I can't do anything before then.
 

Jean, where are you going? Have a great time. Thanks for starting this whole Zorro recap business in the first place.
 

Yumalai and her brother Jaco came to Los Angeles to seek revenge on
the "hombre de un solo ojo" as he
killed their "hermana" and their
"padres" in a village attack. In the process Fernando killed Jaco and Yumalai fled, but not before she was injured by Fernando. Alejandro found her and took her to his home to recover. I would
say that Yumalai and Regina were
sisters, that's why she looks so much like her.
Hope that helps.
Lesa
 

thanks Lesa, that makes a lot of sense
 

2 questions : Is Arturo Peniche playing Fernando? Is Regina Diego's mother?
 

susanlynn, u got assmiliated? i really like your sign offs too.

2 questions : Is Arturo Peniche playing Fernando? (Yes, Fernardo Sanchez de Moncada to be specific)

Is Regina Diego's mother?, Yes. She died when Diego was small as posted earlier.
 

Thanks all for answering my questions. At first I thought the Indian Woman was Don A's daughter but after last nights bed scene I knew that couldn't be it.

Didn't you all think it was funny that in last nights episode everyone was in bed with someone accept the poor Gov. He was stalking MP and Peeping in windows. Maybe thats why he's so grumpy..

Have a safe and happy trip, Sylvia.

I guess my Spanish is getting better - while not getting every word some of my assumptions were correct.
Thanks again for answering,
Rhonda
 

Rhonda, did you see it tonite? It looks like el governardo was gonna get some but it appears all they did was kiss. him and Maria Pia i mean.
 

Hi Sylvia: I'm going birdwatching in Chiapas and Oaxaca. See you in a few.

Jean
 

Hi Sylvia: I'm going birdwatching in Chiapas and Oaxaca. See you in a few.

Jean
 

The girl who Gov is after, Maria Pia, ...is she an Indian , a servant???? These recaps will be like reading ''Zorro'' because I can't see it. On the positive side, in my imagination, I can cast whomever I want in these roles!!! Poor Arturo never seems to get any in these telenovelas. Pobrecito, no??? ~~~Susanlynn, who should be getting dressed to go out instead of being here talking about the Gov getting some
 

Maria Pia is Fernardo's ex fiance and Alejandro's sister. She is a nun in traning as someone posted earlier..

susanlynncita (hehehe) you read my comment, (grin),

--Marycelis, who should be working right instead of bloggin.
 

Fernardo's (a/k/a el governador) ex fiance

-Marycelis, correcting her typo
 

Fernardo's (a/k/a el governador) ex fiance

-Marycelis, correcting her typo
 

obviously, i can't blog on anonymous, so i am going to leave that to susanlynncita or carrie.

:-)
 

Marycelis, thanks so much for doing this, in case I hadn't thanked you before! Great recap here!

I really appreciate it that several of you have taken the initiative to do it. This telenovela is well-written and on my television it is captioned in English, so I'm enjoying it a lot.

Jeanne
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder