Friday, May 18, 2007

Duelo de Pasiones - Thursday, 05/17/07 -- Sleeping Beauty or Romeo and Juliet?

Since nobody has put up a parking spot for the Thursday recap while Carmel is away, I volunteer. My shift key is on the fritz so you'll have to bear with the occasional channeling of e.e. cummings.

This episode revolved around alina being dead. At the end of the episode she's still dead although luba, coral, gaspar and then later adela, [who tells soledad] believe she's just pining for the fjords. Or is she? After waiting for the funeral party to depart and then dispatching a tearful Emilio--luba mashes a bunch of leaves in his face that we are supposed to believe have soporific powers--they go to the trouble of digging her up, trying to wake her up at graveside and then failing that, refilling the grave and replacing all the flowers on top of it. They haul her lifeless body back to the cave. While luba is trying to wake her up, Adela comes in and luba tries to explain to her what's going on. Adela gets all weak kneed and luba mashes a bunch of leaves in her face to keep her from passing out. Adela rushes over to hacienda montillano to tell Soledad the good news. we left them on their way back to luba's cave. Soledad escaped during an altercation between hugo, who had been discovered while trying to strangle alfonsina, don loco and adela beans sergio on the head with a log. luba better hurry up with the wakey-wakey or Soledad is in for another dissapointment. I am guessing that sleeping beauty can only be woken with a kiss from the prince so Emilio will have to be found and told. Alina may have to pine for the fjords for another episode or two.

Emilio got all the best scenes in this epi. He cried some more at the funeral. He was a pallbearer at the magnificent funeral procession. [So was Angel. Somebody explain that to me. I thought he was supposed to be dying.] He stood, on horseback in a clump of trees from afar when the gravesite ceremony was taking place. He showed up there after everyone had left and cried some more until luba knocked him out. After they had replaced everything and gone, he woke up and cried some more. Then he went home and asked Thelma for a divorce. While they are arguing, he goes to the wardrobe to get the baby a blanket for some reason, out pops the whip that Thelma had said before that she had never had. BUSTED.

Don Loco is finally feeling the heat. He knows the military is probably on it's way to arrest him. He thinks Hugo his trusted employee was trying to blackmail him with a secret he himself doesn't know, he's about to kill the guy. He knows Mariana is back in Mexico City with Malena. He plans a locomania tour, first to Veracruz to deposit Alfonsina [and, until he shows up in se, to kill the traitor, Hugo]. Next, it's over to DF to grab up Mariana and bring her back to an empty house in SE. Maybe he's thinking Sergio can take care of her. Then, he plans to flee the country. He wants Soledad to go with him. She tells him she's not going anywhere. She'd rather he just kill her now and get it over with. DL is starting to realize that the jig is up and says then he will just stay there. This is looking like a shootout, fight to the finish.

The military is on it's way to arrest DL, we've seen the jeeps ascending the mountain.

Santos tries to intervene to rescue Don Braulio but both Don Braulio and Ifigenio turn him away.

The SA believes Vera's theory that Thelma paid Luba to poison Flor. Thelma actually accepted responsibility but said that she paid Luba not to do it, afterward. SA doesn't buy it. SA has also figured out that Max has gotten Don Braulio in a jam so that he can get into Rosita's pants. She has smartened up, that one.

That's all I can remember at the moment.

Labels:


Comments:
"Pining for the fjords"! Excellent, a Python fan, a Python fan (or is that "a spanking, a spanking)!!!

This is why I read this blog even though I don't watch this particular telenovela. You guys are hilarious and I can't start my day without you. Thanks!!!!!
Kim P.
 

Margaret, thank you for doing this. You're fantastic. Here's another fan for "pining for the fjords," he he, good one. You're so great for getting the details, I totally missed that Don Loco said he was going to leave the country.

How's that folks, two recaps for one episode? We're all getting our money's worth today.
 

Thank you for the great recapp I loved the pleasure of two diffrent views. I must say that Emilio is definitely becoming more of what we want to see from him. He no longer has one expression. I absolutely loved the last couple of days. It has turned alot of characters aroung like Emilio- asking for his divorce, Soledad-standing up for herself, and so many more. I am saddened to see Dr. Love revert back, I must say I liked him when he was breaking Elias out of Prison and paying off guards. I also have to give a round of applause for the SA for calling Thelmas out and putting Max into his place somewhat. She has definitely gotten to be better also. I am liking this novella like I used to now so I am happy. I am awaiting to see Thelma , Don Loco and Orlando bget some payback, the three of them were absolutely disresectable of Alinas death. Well I will give Don Loco credit for leaving Soledad alone to mourn Alina but he should have mourned her too, aside from a few comments he reallly did not feel anything so it seemed and he raised her even if he feels she is not his. I guess he will pay mor ewhen he knows the truth. Thanks once again to our two great recappers for Thursday.!!
 

I should have checked my spelling sorry everyone!
 

Alfonsina is amazing, not only with that body but Huge slaps her around multiple times and she doesn't have a mark on her.

Don Loco is in for some almighty shocks when Mariana tells him the truth and he realizes what he did to his happy family and then what ever is in THE BOX. I can see him in the end, alone, powerless and definitely friendless working in the fields with the other poor souls while whoever really owns all the property is living large in the big house.
 

Thanks, thanks for the double recaps!

Don Loco may be impactada, but I don't see him connecting his actions to all the pain & suffering. He'll just be mad that he didn't get what he wanted. After all that's the only thing that matters to him...
jb
 

TWO posts to comment on!

sylvia, i guess to be precise, he said he *may* have to leave the country. soledad knows that he tried to kill emilio so she probably realizes he didn't mean that they were going on a grand tour of europe.

anon, Mariana may be living in the big house. it would certainly explain why dl and she look so different. i remember that she is younger than he, but it may be that mama loco was done cheating by the time daddy loco found out. OR this may end in a double deception. Alvaro IS the legitimate son of daddy loco and mama loco NEVER cheated, just like Soledad. The cacique's son may have died for no reason. Maybe homicidal jealousy is what is inherited in this family. If so, Emilio better be careful or maybe he could end up like John Bobbit.

speaking of details and the cacique's son, did i miss something or did the cacique and his pal die before luba could explain what happened to the son to them? That seemed to happen rather abruptly.
 

Thank you for the recap! I am so glad because the new VCR/DVD didn't tape last night. I bet my husband didn't connect something in the back right. We will try again tonight! What a lot of stuff going on now!

I still can't wait for don Loco to find out the truth...whatever it may be!
 

Thank you, Margaret. I feel like I've won the lottery....2 recaps !!! I couldn't figure out why Orlando was not a pallbearer since he was about to marry Alina when she keeled over. He didn't even go to the graveside. Luba seemed to really enjoyed mushing those weeds into everybody's face. Ana Martin has really been chewing up the scenery lately. Also, I think that they could do a spinoff of this show like they did with ''CSI'' [how many spinoffs of ''CSI'' are on the air now????---60 ?...70 ?] Anyway, my title for the spinoff would be ''Dr. Rick Bowtie , International Man of Mystery.'' Or...maybe one called ''Cofre, Cofre, Who's Got the Cofre?'' Thanks for the recap, Margaret. I enjoyed your shout out to e.e. cummings. I must admit that I've been visiting another site that originally discussed ''Highlander: the Series'' for several years , and I always used e.e.'s style...because I can't type and also because.....i am lazy ! Also, after teaching grammar all day and correcting students' papers, I needed a BREAK from capitals. When I started coming here, I decided to mend my ways .
 

Margaret---Loved your title.
 

Margaret, I have no idea what's going to be on after this telenovela. I have to admit that with PIRATES on the horizon nothing else thrills me too much. Although with a title like Tropico maybe it will be an island setting. That would work for me. I imagine we will be seeing Ultimos Capitulos in a couple of weeks.

I believe that when the Cacique was beating Luba she tried to tell him that it wasn't that her potion failed, it was that the Cacique took too long to get his son to her. She kept yelling about "the time, the time" and I think that's what she meant.
 

Look ! On the horizon ! ...PIRATES !!!!***susanlynn, hyperventilating
 

ah, so luba just wasn't able to convince those guys. That makes sense. I thought maybe they thought he was dead and burned him or buried him alive or something.

in defense of doc rick, the bowtie he was wearing was smallish and black. more sean connery as james bond than dr. love puppet.
 

Yes Margaret, you are correct about the bowtie. It IS more James Bondish. OK, I like him again. Please, no more mention of the puppet.
 

Margaret, thank you for stepping in -- I felt guilty about not being here for two episodes, and it was great of you guys to fill in.
 

Margaret, thanks for the delightful recap, as usual! It was so cool to have two terrific versions for the same epi!

Jeanne
 

Oh yes, the show has been awesome this week!
Soledad standing up for herself--- and a new ponytail hairstyle to go along with her new attitude.
Emilio showing some emotion!
The pallbearer setup--- in the front, we have two brothers on opposite sides, then it's the father and son duo, Max and Min, then in the back Jaime and Ifigenio. Okayyyy then!
I liked the SE version of Ricardo, too, but he's still cool.
 

Elisabetta, I will be out of town for three weeks and unable to approve your comments. Sorry about that! Maybe save them up for after July 16...
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder