Monday, August 06, 2007

La Fea Más Bella Cristina Special (Part 2) from 7/2/07

Ok, this part is finally done except for the extra conversations from the special. I'll repost when that is done.

*Again photos courtesy of Cristina Online


Cristina greets the audience and says she promised that she was going to continue. Serg says it’s been 8 days. They all wake up and ask if they can go on the air now. They tell Jaime he’s got some sleep crud hanging out of his eye. Angie says she went to the restroom and changed. C re-announces everyone and mentions that Angelica Maria came with her galan, and she says Moty came with his tie on. Ser holds up his hand with the ring from the fea club. Cristina says the public has also been here for 7 days, and we’re ready for our first couple.

She says that Paty is a woman who is cowardly, but knows how to use her beauty, and in real life is an excellent actress and singer, and she announces Luis Manuel as having 25 years of experience as a comedian and he captured us as an ugly guy but very witty. She announces Tomy and Alicia! Paty comes on and says she’s been walking in circles for a week now.

The audience cheers for Tomas, and I think Serg makes a joke that they are saying “tomas” or “you take” probably meaning he should take Paty. Cristina thanks them for waiting a week and says that she saw him in Elvis’s bed. She continues that she hasn’t seen all of the novela, but she asks what did that rooster do with this lady in the bed kissing her repeatedly all over, and that he had an Elvis hairdo.

Paty says now they have changed their look. It’s very difficult to be blond because the whole world envys you, no? So yes, now we are chestnut (brunettes). LM pipes in “and about the bed…” he says how do I explain. We did many things..Ser interject “in bed” and LM continues where we should and we enjoyed ourselves a lot Ser again “in bed” and when we were “in bed” we were very happy “in bed.” Paty says there was a lot that you didn’t see.. C says “in bed.” Ser says on the tv.

C says how did this couple so mismatched come about? During the taping they cut here to adjust the chairs of Paty and Luis Manuel, you can see how they moved them over to the left. I think it was because of the lighting. Cristina reread the question, and they continued. This was the only interruption during the whole taping.

LM says really it was the producer because she was the one who suddenly decided to put us together, and besides he had seen already a little how the casting would go and right from the start he played with Angelica and they had just met at the beginning of the novela and had never seen each other before the novella, but the chemistry started right away.

Ang inserts, “yes, it was something really magical because I remember my first scene I taped with the club of feas, but I only walked into the restroom and said a few things and that was it, that was the first day, but the second day I had some scenes with LM and it was instantaneous, we saw each other and started to act and we started to play a little with el Profe and at that moment I identified with him as my brother, as my best friend, and to this date it has stayed that way. LM continues and after that, playing with “La Vale” and to suddenly be with two of my idols Angelica Maria and Jose Jose, was something just marvelous. Everything was flowing together very nicely and then suddenly they told me that my character was going to grow a little more, and that I would be acting with this beauty by my side, so I said to myself, wow what is going to happen! And Paty inserts, and it did happen! He says yes it did.




C asks so then what happened? Paty says well many things happened. “But, really, believe me also, from the first moment that Luis and I had done our first scene we knew that very beautiful and entertaining things would come out of it.” She said TV has had many personalities that were very opposite but still very much the same at times, and so we put them together and made witty scenes and we enjoyed it a lot and people received it very well, so to have these personalities together in scenes really was a pleasure for me, it was a pleasure to work with everyone, but especially in the scenes with Luis we enjoyed them we’d plan them, and read them, and we’d talk and ask each other what the other thought, and that’s how we got it.
C – In bed. P- Yes, of course in bed.

C-Asks what percent of you is in, well I know that that tone of accent is from where you come from. P – Yes, that’s where I got it. In Culiacan I have many friends and they speak in this manner, “ Hey, grouuuup, leeeeet’s geeettttt gooooing, come onnnnn…like this…and so then that’s where I got Ayy Maaaarcia!!!! From my friends, in Sinaloa from Culiacan.”

C turns to Ser and says he was telling her off camera that he put into his character a lot of shades and colors of his personal life, the way the character looked. How much did they let you decide and do?

He says that was Rosy, a great assurance that she gave us. This novella allowed all of us to contribute and decide, for me I was allowed to the chance to choose the look, and choose the outfits for Luigi, and his manner of speech, and stick in lots of things that weren’t in the script, and I enjoyed this form of improvisation, playing with my colleagues, meddling in many things, including mentioning other television colleaugues, and even all the way to the Televisa executives, even politcians and political jokes and others. Paty interjects that was the freedom that we were all given and that was the base of the success the things that we all contributed. Ser continues, see, look what they got with the Ay Marcia or the famous mimisqui, that everything gave me a mimisqui, el Guapitsimo, Ange interjects the "Hoooolaaa!" and "Adios" and Ser says yes all those things, see how great! So at the time we were making the scenes suddenly there were things that I didn't want to say that I was going to say or do and suddenly were improvised, and then there were others that they cut me on and would say nooo, noo. C- says too much in English, and he says yes, they were too much , but it would make me laugh to do it!

C says talk to me a minute about the event in Monterrey. Luis looks up at the ceiling and says wow and Cristina says the whole world look, wow. Ser says those girls were there and he points to the Fea club. C continues how many people were there, like 300,000 people? In the actual event yes, but in the streets about a million. Jaime starts well, the governor said, and these are the gov's words not ours, that they don't want to alarm us but there are as many people or maybe more as there were when the Pope came. We didn't believe him we thought he was making a joke. Ser says imagine that comparison! Jaime continues yeah, that's a great joke, Gov., and suddenly there were a million people and at the concert over 250,000.
We arrived after we finished with the parade in the cars and we all turned around to each other and without saying a thing, looked at each other's faces like, you saw what I saw, right? We lived that right? You were there too, right, I'm not crazy? I didn't imagine that right? OK we all saw the same thing, yes? Ok.
Luis Manuel says yes to see the faces of the people light up when they see you, trembling and Paty continues and the kids grabbing your hand and crying, it makes you cry too. It was quite an emotional exercise. Ange continues that she ended up with her voice hoarse because she was always saying Hooolaaaa, as if anyone could hear her anyway with all the screaming going on. Obviously no one could hear her, but yes, it was really emotional.

Ser said yes and for the governor to make that comparison as to when the Pope came for his parade and his route, and to see the people in every little spot along the route, what an impression to see something so beautiful like that, you saw it in the final last week, it really was just impressive.

Cristina continues so because of that, it's important to understand when you have such an unprecendented success like this and in this moment when you are under the lights with the microphone in your hands, the messege that you leave is really important. She turns to Luis Manuel and says that he told her production staff that his character's teaching was very beautiful, would you like to comment more on that?

LM says well, yes, Tomas showed that you can get something that appears impossible like getting close to Alicia, but he finally got it because of hard work and perserverance and if you are very very patient. Paty interjects, yeah and if you have money. :)

The foundation that stands out of those values that we all have but are sort of hidden, was that Tomas had that patience, that calm to say that one day I will get close to my chiquita, and she did give in. That's wonderful.

C continues, Paty you have risked a lot, you do everything, including even coming and co-presenting my show, you've done it all. At the begining, you were one of the first people that they put in the cast. Paty said I never auditioned, she says she's not sure what they saw in me that told them this, but I was always Alicia from the beginning. C continues, and there were a lot of naysayers that said this wasn't going to go anywhere, what did they make you want to say to them.

Paty says, it was a pleasure for me, actually I saw part of the original novela and of course I knew about it's success and I was enchanted with the story, and with this character so I told them right away that I'd do it. But yes there were those people, colleagues, that said those poor failures, they are in a novela that nobody is even going to watch, not even their Mom. But what a surprise. Angelicia says my Mom watched, and Jaime says mine too. Paty continues yes and to feel that change when you go into the office and every one comes and says wow, how did they do that.

C turns to Luis Manuel and asks him how this will reflect on his career, for example, because he's been doing comedy for years, with Derbez, los Peluche, his tours, you have your club, how will the success affect you? Will you charge more, be in more magazines? What...

Luis says well the reflections stand out, one never really imagines something like this, I used to work in a bar and maybe there were 30 people, and that was a huge entrance for me, less than what's here now even, and suddenly there are millions seeing me, yes at first the responsibility is great, as we were saying, many people are listening to you and know what you say, and the message that you send is very important, like that you have to have your feet on the ground. We are sure that our careers are going to succeed, and the foundation of that has been cemented for quite a while, so you have to see this as a change that you are going through, just like any chapter in life, enjoy it now, but...Paty interrupts and says yes, see this as just one more step in your career take it positively, but there are still many more and that the best is still yet to come.

Ser says here is something important, we are always fighting for success with our projects and we always hope that our projects go well, but this isn't all there is to life. It's very short lived, suddenly you are there thanks to the public of course, that's logical, but tomorrow there will be another novela, and we won't be the ones sitting here, there will be other artists, and we'll be looking at them on TV saying wow, I was in that moment too, so simply enjoy it, but don't suppose or believe in it because when you suppose it, that's when you lose it, and later when you put your feet back on the ground that's reality.

C says she has two proofs in this studio of exactly what you are talking about, Senor Jose Jose and she holds up the CD of Jose Jose's duets, and Angelica Maria, and she holds up the book about her career and says she's read it, and marvels at what a career she's had. C says it may not be that difficult to get here, but the key is knowing how to stay here, and she thanks them because this event has been a Gala simply by virtue of their presence with us today. She announces that Saimon and Paula Maria are coming up. She mentions they will talk about why all the girls that get on his Moto have a hard time and about Niurkas photos taken as God brought her into this world.

They are a couple that are "de ampanga" as said in her country (Cuba) and they are happy, dancing, wisecrackers and don't mince their words, (pelos en la lengua), well maybe we'll leave that on the tongue (leave it unsaid). In real life Julio Mannino is an actor chameleon-like, who brings intensity to every role that he portrays, and Niurka Marcos is a consecrated vedette gradually stepping into the acting world and giving us faith in the characters she played in Salome, Velo de Novia, and now La Fea Mas Bella.

Of course they come out and Julio is dancing behind her holding on to her skirt. Niurka says she told him to hold it so he wouldn't step on it. C says off camera your new boyfriend isn't Mannino is it? He's Cuban no? She says in a strong Cuban accent, sorry but no, yes, it's the Mulato who fills my tank!

C says that's what I like to hear. Ok, so tell me about this novela that is filling us up, we've done two weeks in a row, we've been waiting here 7 days for this...

Julio starts that he's very content and happy to be working with people so talented (Paty says thanks and they all laugh) to find myself after 8 years again with Paty Navidad my friend I hadn't seen for 8 years, Jose Jose whom I admire, Angelica Maria, la Vale (Angelica hija), Camil, people very talented from whom I've learned so much and had so much fun. Niurka says and me? He says you are another thing altogether my precious. They all laugh.

Niurka says no it was really a team, I heard my colleaugues back stage on the monitor and we all speak the same words, with one voice and this is going to sound repetitive but it was really marvelous. I got into a cast, and this is really important to me, but this was a cast in which not even the leads felt or acted in front of us like leads, they were like our siblings and they helped us to act, they helped us participate, none of this, don't touch me, or don't come into my dressing room or nothing like that... there were some times when Jaime was carrying his uh...C says Vodka, Jaime says Chai, no Ron, Niurka contnues his chai and I would stand in front of him with my mouth like this (open) looking at the cup, she turns to the public, only the cup, and he would ask if I wanted some, and I would say thank you.

Niurka continues, people so humble and for me it was really a rich experience to work with such beautiful people and this galan that they put with me (pointing to Julio) this man is dynamic, active...C says Mannino is very sexy...Niurka says no besides even how he dances and his acrobatics and his means (they way he did things), it was such a marvelous team with the Profe (may he rest in peace and wherever he is, he's listening to us with pride) but this novela didn't just give the public happiness and crack them up, but it did it to us too!

C says they say you fell one time on your back with your feet up in the air, Niurka says yes with my feet up in the air. Paty says yes we both fell one time. Niurka says, that was another time, and then they all sort of begin talking at once and Niurka says he threw me off the Moto, Paty says another time Tomy and I fell and not in the bed, and Jaime pipes in who gave you driving lesson anyway (he did), and Ange turns to him and says well they didn't work very well because I fell once too and hurt my thumb. C says let's talk about the Moto. He says yes, I was terrified every time I had a scene with the Moto because I didn't know how to drive it!!

He continues the first day of taping was a scene with Niurka where I had to take her home and I started it up, grabbed it, revved it and shattered it in pieces with a tree, and I went flying and Niurka grabbed hold and fell just this way. She says she could see the tree was coming in front of them so before it gave us a blow she jumped and hurled Mannino with the moto and everything and I fell just like this stopped (standing with feet apart). They then start talking about when Ange fell and Paty says he broke your back, no? Julio says no I didn't break her back. Ange says no, my finger, I hurt my finger and I have problems with it, and well, now I won't be able to imitate you any more Cristina, she says saying good luck and bending her finger like Cristina's signature move. Cristina laughs and smacks her on the back with her cue cards.

Julio says Jaime gave me lessons. C says but you never rode one before this? Julio said not in years, since I was 14, and C says ok that doesn't count. There are two things to say about Julio Mannino, one is that he's never done a comedy. He says no I never had. She says he's a virgin of two things then, of comedy and of Motos. Double viginity.

Julio says yes I had come from a trip to Europe I was living for four months in Spain, Madrid, and I came back and went to Televisa one day and Rosy Ocampo saw me and said I have an idea I'd like you for a character, and he said ok, great, and she said it's a comedy, and he said pardon? Cristina says Excuse Me and he says yes, excuse me in English and he continues well, I told her no I'm a serious actor....and everyone busts out laughing. He says well at least I thought so, and Niurka says you thought wrong. C says well this shows you besides being a serious actor you are also versatile. He says, yes. She says ok, but you are still a monkey (silly, and also a saying about being the same underneath even if you gild it).

She says for all the ladies that are watching, he's going to Italy to take Gourmet cooking classes. He says yes, I love to cook, I'm going to Florence to take some cooking lessons, he said he'll put on the side Simon and acting but in a little while when I get back then I'll invite all of you to dinner. C asks if he has a partner, he says no, he's single, but he'll improve his character he swears. C says well all that's missing is that after you learn how to cook that you find a great partner that let's you stay in the character that you have tonight! She says when we come back we'll meet the woman who never adjusted to an ugly girl taking her boyfriend and the greatest womanizer in the plot, well next to Jaime, Omar.

Cristina introduces Elizabeth as the person for whom the saying "the luck of the ugly girl desires the pretty girl" came true and Agustin as another role quilted in the fabric of this novela as the womanizer Omar.

They come out and as he greets everyone she says to Agustin what do you have that all the men are coming to blows with you and he says that's because they all want to be like me. I think she is refering to macho greetings he is getting from his colleagues. Jaime tells Cristina to ask them if they've ever been on the show before. Cristina says they have never been? She turns to Liz and Ag and says in all these years you never came on the Cristina show before? Liz says no, never, this is our first time. I think Cristina says that was her weakness. She says and what did they tell you? Liz says nothing really, as you said this is our first time here and I am very happy, I am very proud to have worked with a super cast in such an excellent novela and with such a marvelous audience like all of you.

Cristina says that Elizabeth said that they called your studio, the studio of laughs because even though you worked 18 -20 hours a day it was still like depraived fun on a bicycle (lewd sort of entertaining. Liz says yes it was like a party, completely a party. Ag continues what we did behind the curtains, believe me... Ange chimes in "pichiti un bombito" and Ag repeats the cheer, and says really what we did behind the scenes was much worse than anything you all saw on the screen. Ange says yes, it was much more entertaining. Ag says yes and there were times when people would come from outside of the project to visit us and they would say you people are crazy and Paty adds it's a mental ward, Ag continues crazy, between the shouts of the cuartel, setting up trinkets or ...

Ange says what they don't know is what the cuartel's dressing room had. Yes, my friend, and she points to Niurka. She continues all the guys of the cast gave to the cuartel, well, in the dressing room of Rosita Pelayo and Niurka, posters, like this big, enormous, Sergio gave an enormous poster in this kind of a muscle pose, (Niurka says nude) nude, and Jaime too, nude, and Niurka says like this we asked, nude, and Camil was in such a nude pose with a divine profile and I would sit like this, looking at it like this, and she leans her head all the way back. Jaime says, yes but you could see anything on the bottom half. Niurka tells him to make the pose, he says no, no, and everyone chants do it! So he gets up and pretends to start taking off his belt and then he doesn't. {I think this is the same pose that we've seen the picture of where he is standing sideways}

Niurka continues, imagine that is how I relaxed. All I had to do was this (and she leans back again) and looked up and down. C says meditating you were meditating. She says yes, meditating. Ag continues yes really we entertained ourselves too much. It was incredible to be a part of this beautiful group, I was just listening already, that we all said the same thing that we shared these moments together and they are going to be a wonderful memory that we will all carry with us in each of our lives, and that there has been a lot of time that we haven't seen each other, some of us, well others of us are still seeing each other of course, but others not and for me it is such a pleasure to see my colleagues, and I really enjoyed every moment that I lived during this telenovela.

C asks if they will ever have an experience just like this one? Everyone says no! Paty says never and Elizabeth says it would have to be the same exact cast.

C thens says that I have here that your character was cynical, manipulating, but nice, does this sound something like you? Paty says exactly. Elizabeth jokes that he is the same, he's not acting, he's just the same. Agustin continues that yes, that's why I was so lucky to get to play that I meet so many chicks in the novela. He says no, the only thing I can say is yes, I have a lot of Omar Carjaval , Elizabeth says, nah, he continues and I think that all of us in the end as the novela was stretched out and we conformed to that, each character came closer to what we each really are in person, and in this case, without being a womanizer....C interrupts, are you a womanizer? You have been in a couple for 12 years now. He says no...C looks toward the audience and I think Ange says ask his girlfriend if she knows any of this.

He says well if not, you know what my girlfriend will say... On the sidelines Ser starts saying something and Jaime shouts out no, not you precious, his other girlfriend, the one in blue, and Ser says oh, that got past me again. Agustin continues in a whiny voice, later she'll take me by the ears and tell me "what you said made me look like the biggest fool." Someone asks what happened to him? C looks at his girlfriend and asks her he's imitating you like that to your face? She says no, he's still being Omar Carjaval, I have nothing to do with that, he's not Agustin Arana. C says if my husband did that to me I would attack him with my bag. He tells Cristina, she attacks me worse, don't worry about that. Angelica Maria says she's high class. He says, really I can't speak about people unless I'm imitating them, that happens with me all the time, that's just how I am.

Cristina continues seriously that it says in her cards that he has a business breeding and raising dogs, German Shepards. Agustin continues that from them he learned his growling snort.

Behind her talking, Ange and Jaime are still laughing, I think about what Agustin said and something related that Sergio was doing on the side there. I'm not certain, it may have been here, but Jaime and Angelica once could not stop laughing for the longest time, you could tell they were trying to not make any noise, but they didn't seem to be able to help themselves from cracking up while the show was still going and of course the camera didn't go to them.

C says that Juan Soler and his family also breed dogs in Argentina, labradors and they gave Omar a female named Pampa and me a male that's named Max, he's already three years old and he's beautiful. She says Juan we miss you, because you too haved married into our family. Everyone yells yes! Cristina says Luis Manuel will do something special for his chica when we come back.

During this break is when I think Jaime and Agustin walked around to the audience and I got to say hello to them!

When they come back Luis Manuel sings to Paty a song he also sang at the Monterrey concert about Alicia to the tune of Elvis Presley Don't be cruel. he says it's a world hit even though he just wrote it a few minutes ago.

The words to the song are as follows:

In a photo I saw you,
and my heart skipped a beat,
I knew nothing more,
but your face captivated me,
What a woman,
I am your admirer.

Later came that one day,
I showed up at Conceptos
and there you were in front of me,
like a passionate dream,
what a woman,
heaven sent you.

When we got to the altar,
the whole world was surprised,
and on the wedding night,
because the bride went to sleep,
what a woman,
that snores and snores.

no matter how much it's feigned,
her bad girl's heart,
is totally a bluff,
What a woman,
heaven sent you,
My chiquita and me.

She who has denied my love,
until now when I wooed her,
What a woman,
My chiquita and me,
Chiquita!








C says it's very good and asks if Paty is happy, and she is. She says, huh and he just sang to someone who fell asleep on their wedding night.




C says they now have a surprise for Niurka, Ana Pardo, the manager of Playboy Mexico, is here with us to recognize Niurka, and she's going to tell us why and what for.

Ana gives her a plaque of three Playboy covers and proceeds to explain that the three issues are first the edition from Mexico, and then when the other countries licensed found out, they said they wanted Niurka too, so they did an edition in Venezuela, and later they did a special edition with unedited photos of her and with that they got the highest sales record. Cristina picks it up and says this one broke all the sales records for Playboy in Spanish.

Niurka says this is just as important for her as it was for Playboy, it was really a challenge for her to do this project and she was really nervous at the beginning, but one puts themself in God's hands, that everything will turn out ok for me when I started, and I never thought that it would go as far as Venezuela, Puerto Rico, even here in the US via internet, and that you would choose this program to recognize me. Thank you.

C says in the next segment we are going to have some music, Niurka is going to change and sing from her new disc La Emperadora (The Empress). She says that both Niurka and Sergio did a music video with Ivy Queen. Niurka says that Ivy is a wonderful lady and she invited Ser and I to do her video and she wasn't sure we would be able to come because we were so busy, but I'm really pleased with our collaboration, it was wonderful and she tells the camera as if it were Ivy Queen that when she finishes her tour and Ivy finishes hers they'll get together and create a wonderful fusion. Ser says and he'll join as menage a trois. Niurka says yes, that's it, you can rap, I've heard you, he says yes I rap.
During this break, the guys, notably Jaime and Agustin and Ser rushed up to the stage and were paging through those issues of Playboy that Ms. Pardo brought and making animated comments to each other about the photos etc. It was quite funny.


Before Niurka jiggles all over the stage in her thong, C mentions that Paty is doing a project with Juan Soler, and Paty mentions that in this he is like the half brother of Luigi, and Ser smiles and makes a funny Luigi face.




Labels:


Comments:
Thanks so much K! We will be looking forward to your recap.
I loved seeing the actors. Alicia was beautiful and Tomas didn't look so bad either!
Omar was really cute, just like on the show.
Watching it made me realize how little I can understand and how dependent I am on all of you to tell me what was being said!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for all your hard work,
Carrie L.
 

Didn't "Omar" look great? It was totally surprising to see how good "Tomas" can look in his normal attire and persona. Sorry folks but I don't know these actors real names and they'll probably always be the characters they played on LFMB to me. Patti Navidad (Alicia) is just gorgeous and seems to be such a nice person.

One thing I wasn't prepared for was how much I disliked Niurka. I remember someone a long time ago commenting on this blog how they don't usually like Niurka and I was surprised. On LFMB I didn't dislike her character, although the cuartel got on my nerves, but on this Christina show I really didn't care the real Niurka at all. Maybe it was when I noticed her dragon lady nails were really her own. They were even longer and more gross than they were on La Fea. I just thought those were fake nails on La Fea to make her look more in character and low class. I didn't like Niurka's dance or her costume/hat but everyone else that came on Christina was even better in real life than than I would have imagined. They all had such energy and sparkling personalities. I wish they had shown more close ups of Jaime Camil's face.

Who was the woman sitting next to Luigi?
 

ending the program with Niurka!! What a bummer!! Whose bright idea was that? Christina's?? I will never be a fan of either joker! Pushing her Playboy mag! This minor character humiliated the whole show, the fans, the everyone last nite. Trash!
 

Niurka was annoying in hogging the show, out of proportion to her role in LFMB, but will need to read the recap before I understand the magnitude/significance of the framed poster with her PLAYBOY appearances. Was it supposed to be something Christina would hang in her dining room? The way she kept running her freaky nails, nervously through her over-treated hair was bizarre.

Although it was fun for the actors to ham it up, and do some silly bits from their roles on the show, it was most interesting to me to see what they are REALLY like. When I first starting watching the LFMB series, I suspected Luigi was a straight guy, gaying it up for the role. Yet, I thought "Saimon" was probably gay in real life, and the impression he gave on Christina did nothing to conflict with my initial feeling.
 

Actually Niurka was very subdued compared to the other times I have seen her on Christina...at least they didn't have to bleep every other word & digatize her bust. I certainly could have lived without the song..but Cristina has always given Niurka lots of time..maybe the Cuban thing?

That said I found the Luigi guy surprising funny, everyone looked good. I think Angelica Vale should fire whoever picked out that dress, but hey that is just me.
 

I loved seeing the cast again.(EXCEPT NIURKA!!) I thought Alicia and Tomas were cute together. I wanted to see more of Angelica and Jaime. I was totally grossed out and disgusted with Niuka!!!! I think she ruined the whole show!! How did it get to be about her and her playboy crapola!!?? I have never been to a strip club, but i think the only thing missing was the pole!
 

ANOTHER CRISTINA TOMORROW!!!

I read on a forum board that on the Fourth of July, there is a special Cristina episode that includes Jaime and Angie singing together and their kiss at the end. I think it starts at 11 am, so set your tivos!

YTSSD
 

Thanks for the info about the Cristina extra episode. I think I've seen ads on Univision for a Jose Jose show on July 4th, too. Maybe at 1 pm? I liked Alicia and Tomas' comments, hated Niurka. She seems to me a total skank and Shakira wannabe in her performance. Would love to clip her claws. Sorry to be so mean about her, but she always annoyed me.
 

YTSSD yes, looks like you are right, my listings show "Fiesta de la Fea Mas Bella" at 11am to 1pm so yippeee!!!!!

Yes, having been there, they did cut out alot it seems including that wonderful song, and they did put a lot of time on Niurka, and I noticed it at the show, but it wasn't as disproportional as to what aired. Anyway, thanks for the heads up!!
 

Jose Jose El Homenaje airs at 8pm in the West...
 

I've got nothing against Playboy nor against Niurka, but if Cristina wanted to do a Niurka show, I wish it hadn't been in the guise of a LFMB reunion. I would have happily skipped it. :)
 

I loved seeing all the cast that were there, but I myself was a little disappointed about how little Jaime Camil there was. While he did get to talk a bit in the first episode (and Jose Jose and Angelica Marie [is that her name?]), it seemed to me it was mostly about Angelica Vale and she did most of the talking (I'll have to go back and time it, maybe I just would have preferred all Jaime all the time ;o}). Then he hardly talked or got shown at all in the 2nd episode, and yes, it did somehow become all about Niurka. I would so much have rather heard more from Jaime and Agustine, and even poor whats-her-name who played Marcia, she hardly got to talk at all. Still, I'm glad I got it on tape and I'll probably watch it again a couple of times. I agree the guy who played Tomas was actually rather cute when not in Mondo Geek mode.

Speaking of "all Jaime, all the itme", I think I need to start a petition. Anyone remember the movie EdTV? I think we need to get a JaimeTV going! Hmmm??? Any takers??? Yummy!!!!! Ok, just joking... or not... ;o}

Take your time with the recap K. I'm going through massive LFMB withdrawals so getting updates in little bits stretches it out and makes it much less painful. We all really appreciate you taking the time to do it!

I do have one question, at the end Angelica and Jaime were sitting in the audience, right? How did the women behind him manage to refrain from just grabbing him and hauling him off??? I'd be in jail for sure!!!! No self-control, that's me ;o)'

Kim P.
 

I'm sorry but Niurka looked like a fool. I thought she ruined the show. I was watching the audience and it looked like some of them were cringing LOL during her song. I certainly was. I wanted to see Jaime and Angelica sing. Not a strip club act LOL. Thanks for the info about the show tomorrow. I think I'll tape over last nights show LOL.
 

I wonder if the LFMB special will be the two parts combined of the Cristina's show.
By the way, when the finale LFMB was on it was the most watched program in New York area.
(http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/new%20york%20spanish-language%20station%20wins%20monday%20night_1035462)
Eve
 

How funny Eve, it was also the most watched here in the Sacramento, California area.
Kim P.
 

I thought I was the only one who dislikes Niurka..Actually I turned off the tv when she came on. She's long since past being a "skank" as someone noted. I read that she is a former porn star who masquerades at being a legitimate actress. It was reported that she was boinking Omar (Agustin) during the filming of LFMB. Surely, his taste has graduated beyond that gutter trash..Niurka got on Mexican television some years ago and announced to the whole country that she divorcing her husband number 3-4 because she didn't get enough sex from him. Well, enough said about her. All others are great performers,but not that one.
 

Niurka...Ick. I never had a problem with the Cuartel on the show, but man! What a tramp! And I wanted to strap her down, put some clothes on her, and clip those gourdawful Dragonlady nails! *shudder* What a cualquiera.

I really doubt that Julio Mannino is gay IRL, because he totally doesn't give off that vibe in person. Hyper, absolutely-- the "cricket" nickname for Saimon is dead on for Julio. But I don't think he's gay; in fact, the night I met him, he was flirting with the girls like there was no tomorrow. In a classy way, though, charming rather than sleazy.

Personally, I thought Luis Manuel Avila (Tomas) looked really cute, both on Cristina and at the beginning of the final, when they were in the apartment and Alicia was giving him back everything. The tall hair just wasn't right for him.

And of course, the JC-love goes without saying. He's beautiful, man. And I squealed when he gestured like he was going to undo his pants. Squealed like a schoolgirl. *swoon*

Stephy
 

I didn't like the Niurka performance either but having at sometime been called a prude by my own family, I hesitated to mention it!
I'm sure a lot of the people in the audience felt as uncomfortable with her as we did.
I would bet a male only audience might appreciate her a little bit more.
I would guess she is a favorite of Christina and that was why she gave her all the play time?

I would have fallen out of my chair if Jaime had been near me.
One look at those luscious lips and gorgeous eyes and I would have been drooling!!!!!!!!

Kim and everyone else who like me has been in the "sad and depressed and can't get over missing La Fea" club, I hope you are feeling better.
I'm guessing it's going to take a long time for the sadness to go away!

Carrie L.
 

Check the next Cristina show on Monday, July 12th - it will feature Angelica Maria.
Eve
 

I have not watched part 2 yet, now I am in no rush. I did have it on for about 2 minutes. I noticed Niurka had a lot of body-glitter on. Those claws are quite scary.

Just saw this regarding countrywide
ratings for last week:

http://entertainment.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=267775&affid=100055
 

Everyone I know who saw the Cristina Show, Part 2 for LFMB hated that it ended with Niurka and her bawdy dancing! The show was going great up until the time she was given the balance of showtime. Maybe its a compatriot thing, but I always thought that Cristina was a class act and would not have given that much attention to this slut - even if she is a paisano! Not only did the audience seem uncomfortable, but the cast of LFMB appeared to be as well. Patty who always had her attributes accentuated, was sedate, friendly and just downright NICE!! The whole cast except for Niurka was a treat and I hope that these specials just keep going on - perhaps as I mentioned before to a SPINOFF!!
 

Wow, the second showing of Christina was MUCH better than the first one! Lots more JC, and a lot more talking by others besides just Angelica Vale and Niurka. I really enjoyed this one much more. Glad I went ahead and taped it even though I wound up watching it (didn't think I'd be home). They sure looked like they all like each other, the way they were laughing and stuff. Anyway, glad I was able to see it!
Kim P.
 

Kris, thanks so much for doing both of these! It's even better because you really have the inside story. I found this interesting short video bio of Cristina. She's a fascinating person. Y'all may have to cut and paste this one:

http://www.biography.com/broadband/main.do?video=bio-cristina-saralegui&category=Biography


Jeanne
 

Now that Niurka has been in all our faces, what IS her story? Niurka is a Russian name, no? Maybe her mother or father was Russian but left with the Soviets in 92 or thereabouts. Do you ever think she'd like any of us to know the truth about her life? She sure wants attention! And maybe she should see a dentist about those gums and such. How long has it been since she had good oral hygiene. Must be hard brushing with those claws without cutting off an earlobe.
 

http://www.biosstars-mx.com/n/niurka_marcos.html

It's in Spanish, but it says she had a boob job...nah, ya think?

And she moved to Mexico to become a dancer in a club...i.e., a stripper.
 

ATTENTION!!! "7 Dias" will open August 17th in limited release. Check your local listings & check the youtube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9eLHt7Bixc

Subtitled DVD release should follow shortly after. If you haven't seen this film, do yourself a favor & do what you have to do get the chance; it's good stuff.
 

Check out this site for some nice goodies: www.7dias.com. Enjoy!
 

i want to thank all who did the translation on lfmb it was great! also watched the christina shows and i also thought "niurka" came across as a slut! i saw her on a "telemundo" station on a show that featured wrestling (in Mexaco), she was in the ring with some guy and lost one of her fangs. i didn't like her in lfmb either. also, this is very late, thanks to all who translated for Alborada. What a show! is fernando going to do another novela? can't find anything on his movie.
 

Did anyone see Sergio Mayer on Don Francisco presents last night?
He talked about the kidnapping of his brother in Mexico. He was very emotional with tears in his eyes. His brother was finally released after 60 days.
 

Thank you for this, Kris!

I was awestruck by that parade at the end of the finale. I could not believe my eyes at the size of the crowd and the joy on everyone's faces. The actors' recollections of it make it that much more special. (Was this part of the Cristina show only in the 4th of July special? I don't remember them talking about the parade in the Monday nite version... but I was distracted in a chat room at the time... ;)
 

Wooo! This was totally worth the wait. Thank you!
 

Thank you for all the details. I watched the original broadcast, and I missed a lot of what they were saying. Great job.
 

Thanks for this recap, Kris. It was definitely worth the wait. Thanks so much.

Karen
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder