Monday, September 10, 2007

Juan Q 9/7 Where Everybody wants to know how Paula is taking “it” and Nidia is finally getting married (or not)

I’m sorry this recap is so late. I had a very busy weekend, I knew it was going to be busy, but I thought I could handle it. What could go wrong? Well let me tell you. First I forgot to set up the recorder, so I asked my 13 year old to set it up for me. He knows how to do it and I thought I had explained that he could tape over the same tape. When I got home, (it was about 7:10) he said he couldn’t tape it because he could not find a new tape!! Thus I lost the beginning. I had decided I would do the recap on Saturday; I had lots of time after I came from work right? Well I had to cook for church and I overcooked the chicken. Have you ever overcooked chicken? It was a mess I almost cried. I had to run and get everything again thus no time to do the recap (on the other hand I have lots of overcooked chicken, I think I’ll make taquitos fritos y chiles rellenos ) Well the good thing about Friday’s recap is that you have two extra days to do it, but since Sunday is church day, and laundry day and make sure you have everything for school day, and last minute “mom I forgot to tell you I need 3 more notebooks for tomorrow” day well I was running all day long. I had to wait until my kids went to bed, but here I am, finally by myself, enjoying the sound of the crickets and writing this recap for you. Enjoy it.

Kike is talking to Julia and he invites her to Nidia’s wedding. In the hospital Juan tells Paula that he admires her for the way she is handling the situation with CL and Monica. –Somebody else in your place would have left. –Somebody else wouldn’t be in my place…right now I don’t know what my place is. Juan thought bubbles; I don’t know what my place is either because without you I’m as lost as a flyer without a pole. (Juan is talking about “Los voladores de papantla” you can find out about them thru this link http://www.vanilla.com/html/globe-voladores.html ) CL arrives and asks for Monica. Paula says she is leaving but CL would not let her. He asks Juan to leave him alone with Paula. Juan says to himself “otra vez la burra al trigo” The female donkey is going again to the wheat (It means CL is back to his old tricks) Juan complies and leaves. CL asks why they didn’t tell him immediately. –Monica did not want to. –Why do these things happen? It is your fault because you left her when she was expecting your child. Paula I wish that you and I could... –Worry about your wife, she needs you. Paula grows a spine and walks away (and I cheer!!)
CL enters Monica’s room. When she sees him she cries and tells him that she lost the baby and it’s her fault. He is at lost for words. She asks him to hug her, he does.

Outside Fernando and Juan are talking. Juan tells Fernando that Monica lost the baby and them (Juan and Paula) where in the middle of the whole “numerito” show. Fernando wants to know how Paula is taking it. Juan is not happy with the question. Paula approaches and asks to be taken to her mother’s house. Back in the hospital Monica is still blaming herself. –If I had not insisted in working, if I had rested instead… CL tells her not to chastise herself. He promises he’ll stay with her and won’t leave her. He is just going to get his clothes and come back. As he is leaving Monica asks for Paula’s telephone number. –I want to call her to let her know what happened. –No, I don’t have her phone number here, but I’ll get it for you. He leaves.

At Ana’s house Paula and Ana are talking –It was awful; it is horrible what is happening to that (poor) woman. –And you have to share this anguish with her. –It is like a bad hand from destiny (like if she was playing cards and she got dealt a bad hand) and I could not leave her. –Because you have a big heart. –No, it was because she was a woman that was suffering and needed me. –She is the wife of the man that you still love –I can’t hate her, I can’t. Right then the bell rings. Is the scam bag… I mean CL. Paula makes an impactada face and we got to commercials.

We come back to a screaming Paula. –Go away! –Paula, please, listen to me. –Aren’t you ashamed? This is my mother’s house! –Don CL Paula is right you shouldn’t be here. –Please Ana, I swear this is the last time I show up like this. Paula is very upset and reminds CL that his word is worth nothing. –All you have told me are lies! –That is not true, please Paula give me 5 minutes and I won’t bother you ever again. (I’m afraid we are going to see how Paula loses the spine she just grew up)

Marely and Juan are talking. Marely can’t believe what happened, she feels sorry for Mrs. Farell. She asks Juan for Paula –How is she taking it (This seems to be the questions of the night) Juan tells Marely that Paula is suffering and that he is almost sure this is the end of their relationship. Marely is not that sure. She tells Juan not to hope against hope. “no te hagas ilusiones” do not deceive yourself . Juan tells her he wishes he could order in his heart and stop feeling the way he does. –You have to protect yourself Juan. –Do you Marely?

CL and Paula are talking. CL is spewing lies and more lies. –I know is my responsibility blah, blah, blah. (I really get drained when I’m listening to him) --I did it because I did not want to lose you blah, blah. –You are the love of my life. –There are things that are more important than love. –Like what. –Like commitment! (You tell him Paula) --What were you going to do with your child? Where you going to share your time between your family and me? –Yes, if that’s what it would take, a child is not enough reason to maintain a bad marriage. –But you did not ask me if I was prepared for a situation like that! –I was afraid, afraid to lose you.

Marely and Juan are talking, I could not understand clearly, but I think Juan asked Marely if she believed in love. –All I know is that I don’t believe…Tomorrow my mother is marrying a man she doesn’t love, Paula is in love with a man that has to many compromises, and me, for a moment, I thought that you and I could have a relationship, and look at yourself you are still in love with a woman that doesn’t love you. –But that is different –Why? –Because I believe in love. –That is really sad Juan.

Paula and CL keep on arguing. Big yawn –I love you –you need to be the man you said you were. –I love you. –Our relationship is strictly work related. (I’m just skipping the rest of their argument is more of the same, once you have listen to a slime ball lying, you have listen to all)

Consuelo and Monica are talking. Monica doesn’t want to go back to the house. She’ll go to live with CL at his apartment.

Juan finds Nidia drinking. She says she is drinking in honor of her misfortune. –What misfortune? –Don’t you know what happens tomorrow? --You need to go to bed, tomorrow you’ll have a headache and you won’t stand it. –On the contraire, drunk is the only way I can make it tomorrow “Al quirofano y al matrimonio no hay que meterse sin anesthesia” To the operating room and to marriage you can’t enter without anesthesia. –Who is making you marry without love? –Destiny, the unavoidable destiny. Juan answers –The only thing that you can’t avoid is “La calaca” the riper, death. (I guess he doesn’t have to pay taxes ;))

We go to the groom. He is talking to Kike, I think he is thinking to much in Nidia, because he is channeling her. He wants to drink. Kike is no dummy he remembers exactly what happened the last time he drank with Alirio. He (Kike) reminds him that tomorrow is Alirio’s wedding (bodorrio). –I was resigned to finish my life more alone that a cactus, and look at me now ready to marry. Alirio confesses to Kike that he has loved Nidia for a long time. –I know that Nidia doesn’t love me, but she’ll love me with time.

Ana is trying to make Paula eat something. Ana tells Paula she should not mix the problems of the heart with the stomach. Paula took a decision, now she should stick to it and stop worrying. Paula is afraid that that is exactly the problem; she thinks she will not be able to stick to it. –I taught you well you’ll be fine –Mom, thank you for being with me.

The Next day

Monica informs CL she won’t be back to their house, she wants to live in his apartment, CL is not happy about it but he has to accept. Next we see them arriving at the apartment. Monica is happy, because she doesn’t like to be on the bed all day long. CL reminds her that Ricardo (the doctor) recommended bed rest. She agrees, but she doesn’t want to be treated as a sick person. Monica remembers that today is Nidia’s wedding she insists that CL go. He says he’ll go

At Ana’s house, Ana wants Paula to go with her. Paula doesn’t want to. She is not in the mood. Ana tells Paula to get up and get ready, she doesn’t want Paula to stay home and be depressed all day long. Finally Paula agrees to go.

I the Cachon residence, we see Nidia sleping. She is snoring very loudly. Juan, Marely and Yadira are trying to wake her up. They decide to throw water to her face to wake her up. It works.

On their way to the church Arilio is very nervous, is time for the wedding, and he is afraid Nidia won’t show up. Kike tries to reassure him that everything will be ok. He gets so worked up that he gets sick of his stomach. (We hear strange growling sounds, we are led to believe these sounds come from his stomach)

At the church Pastor is talking to his mother. Sra Pastora with the charm of a poisonous spider is complaining for everything. CL approaches, he says hi to pastor, and when he is trying to make small talk to Pastora “el tiro le sale por la culata” the pistol backfires, and she starts complaining about everything and is rude to him.

Nidia is fully dress in white. Marely is trying to comb her hair. Nidia complaints that Marely is not doing it “crefully enough” Marely tells her is her own fault, since she drunk like a construction worker on the day “de la Santa Cruz” (The day of the Saint Cross, is the day of the construction workers “albañiles” in Mexico, and they celebrate by making straw crosses, putting them in the construction sites so that God would bless them, and drinking).

Kike and Alirio arrive to church. Alirio goes straight to the bathroom. Kike explains that Alirio is very nervous. Everybody wants to know when the ceremony is starting. Kike calls the Cachon residence. Juan answers and tells him no to worry everything is A OK. The bride will be at church... eventually. Kike is worried since he has been informed the church has another ceremony after Nidia and Alirio’s. While Kike and Juan are talking, Nidia is getting cold feet. She is not sure if she should marry… no, she is sure now, she should not marry, and as of matter of fact she is not getting married today. The Wedding is off. Marely and Yadira just roll their eyes.

Juan is just getting off the phone when Marely comes down the stairs and then Yadi. Juan wants to know where Nidia is, they both inform him that the wedding is off. Juan can’t believe it. Next we see them (Juan, Yadi and Marely) sitting in the living room. Juan doesn’t understand why the girls aren’t upstairs convincing mom to go to the Wedding. They say that knowing their Prima Dona Mother, she will be coming out soon yelling to take her to the church. She can’t miss this chance to be the center of attention. Sure enough, here comes Nidia in all her splendor making her entrance yelling at them for not being ready. Then she trips and cames tumbling down the stairs. (We know she is ok, because we see in the previews that she makes it to the church). We are reminded that this doesn’t happen in real life, therefore any coincidence is just that, a coincidence

Maricruz

Labels:


Comments:
Hi Maricruz! Thanks for the recap, not only of the novela, but also of your weekend! Ah, yes, I remember my recapping days well... How crazy busy and chaotic they were. I feel your pain and appreciate the time you invested... and great recap, by the way!
 

Dear Maricruz, Thanks so much for that invaluable information about the "voladores" and all the "dicho" translations. You add so much when you do these recaps and it really benefits us gringas who are just beginning to learn about Mexican culture and the Spanish language.
Sorry about the chicken but I wish I had some taquitos and chile rellenos right now!...you made me hungry.

Judy B.
 

Oh, Maricruz, thank you so much for subbing for me when there was so much happening in your life! And to top it off, it’s a wonderful recap! Thanks for the dichos, too.

I was both amused and appalled for you about your weekend. That part of the recap was entertaining as well. Thanks for sharing that and now I see exactly what you meant in your e-mail about your weekend. ¡Ay, Caray!

“Paula grows a spine and walks away (and I cheer!!)” Yeeees, Paula! Attagirl! I feel so sorry for Paula even though she’s not on my A-list. She did pretty well in such an awkward situation, and she left CL where he should be—holding the bag at the hospital.

“The only thing that you can’t avoid is “La calaca” the riper, death. (I guess he doesn’t have to pay taxes☺)” ROTFL!!!! Great line, Maricruz!

“Sra Pastora with the charm of a poisonous spider is complaining for everything.” ROTFL!!! That’s the best description anyone’s come up with for Pastora.

“(The day of the Saint Cross, is the day of the construction workers “albañiles” in Mexico, and they celebrate by making straw crosses, putting them in the construction sites so that God would bless them, and drinking).” Gee, that’s an interesting combination of activities for the day. Getting a blessing and getting drunk?

Nidia and Alirio—will they really get married? They’re quite a pair.

Jeanne
 

Maricruz- Thanks for such a wonderful view into both your unbelievable life and the life of this wacko telenovela. I don't always catch this one so I appreciate the very able and thorough summary. I also appreciate the idiom translations which I don't always find in my dictionaries. I did know about and see the voladores de papantla last year in Mexico City in Chapultapec. Great image for the athletic Juan...
This wedding may span six or seven episodes, no? Will she or won't she. I also wonder if there is any money left when "Dilirio" meets her at the aisle.
 

Maricruz~~~God bless you ! They could make a telenovela about your hectic life ...but I guess it would be too ''real'' to fit the telenovela formula !!! Thank you for the recap.
 

Thank you for all your kind comments. My weekends are not usually this crazy. I guess I just tried to "chiflar y comer pinole" whistle and eat pinole (pinole is a sweat powder made out of pumpkin seed, very yummy) This is a saying my grandmother used to tell me it means you are trying to do to many incompatible things at the same time ;)

Maricruz
 

I want to thank whoever fixed my title. Was it you melinama? Thank you. I did not know how to do it.
MC
 

Hi Maricruz, yes, it was me. The title goes in the little space above the big text box. Look and you'll see it! Thanks so much for the recaps...
 

Maricruz, bless your heart for your fantastic recap in the midst of your crazy weekend! Wow, that is really going above and beyond. I second Judy B, your insights into the dichos and other cultural references add so much more to my understanding. Thank you for that and for the link to the Voladores...very cool!

I also very much like your grandmother's dicho. I know I will remember that one.
 

HELLO,
IS THERE ANYWAY TO SEE/DOWNLOAD/BUY A PAST EPISODE OF "YO AMO A JUAN QUERENDON" ??

I BELIEVE I AM NOT ALONE HERE WITH THIS QUESTION...

THANKS
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder