Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Pasión 12/19: a chicken comes home to roost but the perch is occupied.

  • As we saw yesterday, Camila looked great in her widow's weeds, love the dress. Soon she's in white and she and her musketeers are eating in a nice tent which I'm informed is on a ship -- must be a very placid sea. They toast their future life. That kid is really good looking.

  • Cap'n Ric goes to visit his mom, pursuant to her two hysterical letters. This time she's dying for real.

    Evidently her mind has been going, she's quite obsessed with Camila and what she says again and again is: "That whore shouldn't end up with your father's money, you have to get it back," and he says, "but I'm rich now, I don't need that money," and she says, "it's a question of honor," and I'm thinking, "Oh no, not a deathbed promise," and a few scenes later she says, "You better get it back, find her! Or what am I going to tell your dad when I meet him in heaven, that you're a coward?"

    Ric succombs to the pressure and promises; Mercedes croaks. I will not miss her.

    Lisa tells Ric a twisted anti-Camila version of the saga and thanks him for the treasure chest. "What chest?" She and her aunt can't decide if he's just being coy or if somebody else did it - it was really a lot of moolah.

  • Cami & Co. have crossed the sea and reached the village. As Santiago watches from his blacksmithing shop (maybe he smells Cami's pheremones), a mystery coach glides by. Unveiled, it proves to be the Rolls Royce of carriages and our musketeers, dressed very nicely, disembark at Camila's house. She asks the others to go find a couple hotel rooms in town, she'll sleep, of course, at her own house here. She wants to go in alone.

  • Camila's daddy Justo dabs awkwardly with a mattock in a pristine garden. [There are no weeds so I don't know what he's chopping. Those fake cabbages got planted there by the props guys five minutes ago. --Ed.]

    Embraces, emotions, what's happenin', we thought you were dead, etc. Everybody is fine. The maids are happy to see her. Paquito is now Paquote (ie he's gotten all big). Your brother is fine. And my sweetie Santiago? Uh, he's recovered nicely. Rita? Uh, she's fine too. At the mention of Rita everybody looks awkward and flees.

    Camila starts telling her long adventure to her dad. I sent a letter, we didn't get it, oops you can't trust the postal service.

    Finally the dad has to tell her - Rita and Saintly are married. Camila vents vigorously for the rest of the episode thusly: "I went through so much to come back to him, four years, but he and Rita just cried a little and then found consolation with each other, they didn't wait even one year, they betrayed me."

    There's lots of crying, dad feels guilty, he tells Camila not to look at her sister Rita with snake eyes because (all in unison now) "we thought you were dead." She says she's going back to the hotel where her friends are. She smiles a bit when her sweet daddy says "the sun has returned to my life."

  • Meanwhile Saintly tells his ma he feels strange, between shame and joy. "Must be something you ate," she suggests.

    She tries to distract him: "We need to find your sister a husband, how about Vasco?" "Not that dog! I love him but he's a tarambana (scatterbrain) and he's still boning Ursula."

  • Ursula tells Vasco - who's slipped in the back way as usual - that somebody's ratted them out and they better not meet for a while, and she also tells him her ma and pa are trying to get her hitched. He doesn't like that idea, she says "Well, I certainly can't marry you," he doesn't like that either. They kiss and make up.

    Next morning on the way out he's spotted by a serving lady, but no problem, ogling him she's like, "Ooh, chomi chomi" and assumes he's been making an early morning delivery of clothes for the charity giveaway.

  • At night, Saintly has been taking a whiz outside. (Shades of Alborada.) Rita mentions his promise to get an indoor bathroom arrangement of some kind. They've just been at a baptism, so she asks him if he wants kids. "I always wanted children," he says looking off sadly into space. He gets in bed, she touches him tenderly, they make love. He has his eyes closed.

  • In the square, Ines and the kid gape at the rich strangers. Ascanio (is that his name? He previously of the white nylon wig?) is struck by Cupid's Arrow when he gazes upon Ines. Cami's musketeers settle into the hotel. The guys will share a room and the money chest will stay with them.

    Later, Jimena (I really like her, she's quite the modern girl) is making the bed when Camila drips in the door sobbing. "That's just how men are," Jimena responds to the dismal news but even this practical girl is speechless to hear Saintly tied the knot with Camila's own sister!

    After the commercial Jimena consoles her soggy friend: "OK, suffer and cry, but with your dough you can have any man you want. He can't have loved you that much." "Maybe he did it out of desperation." "Don't make excuses for him. You could have gotten home by boning that chomi chomi Antillano but you didn't, you stayed true to your man." "That's true, I did." "But he didn't." "That's true, he didn't, but I've loved him since childhood, hablabla..." "Try hate, it's a good remedy!" "Nooooooo.....!!!" (cries more)

    Jimena suggests that they take off for Spain, but Camila says she wants to stay in her village, her home. She says they'll buy the nicest house in the village. Jimena is babbling about that, Camila is not listening.

  • Justo comes to see Ofelia and we are treated to a gratuitous mirror-boob shot of the shapely matron. [Those might even be real ones.] She is impactada into the commercial. Then Ofelia and Ines do a rehash. "Oh, my brother never forgot Camila, this is a real tragedy," Ines informs us helpfully.

  • Ofelia asks Ines to take Rita home and impart the good news: sister Camila, former true love of Rita's husband, is alive... Meanwhile Ofelia will break The News to Saintly.

    So it goes. Rita sinks to the ground crying in misery and saying Noooo Noooo Nooo. Way to welcome your sister home. "How did she take The News?" she asks Ines. "Well, she was surprised and angry." "She has nothing to reproach me for!" is Rita's defensive response. (By the way - Vasco, on hearing the news, references Judas betraying Jesus.)

  • Meanwhile Ma takes Saintly herb-gathering. In the bushes, he points out those are some useless weeds she's collecting, what's really on her mind? "I just wanted to know how you're doing." "Ma, we live in the same house, you know how I'm doing." "I mean, inside, for instance." "I feel at peace with myself and God." "Well, how do you feel about Camila?" "That God took her."

    "And what if he didn't? What if she's back? What would you do about Rita?" It all starts to penetrate. And we have another tearful extravaganza.

    Saintly commences stomping/limping into town, wearing his unflattering red apron, his mom hangs on his arm begging, "Don't do this, you're married!" "Well, she was married too, Justo told me she's a rich widow." "But that was different..." "She didn't call, she didn't write..." He's mad and defensive.

    He goes to the hotel and stomps up to the room wherein Jimena is still babbling about the future casota and Camila is still not listening. Jimena tries to keep him out but Camila sez let him in and gives the "how could you betray me" speech and he gives the "I thought you were dead" speech. "I SHOULD have died." They hug and cry. His wedding ring is displayed prominently. "Forgive me," he sobs.

Labels:


Comments:
Wow Melinama, you are fast! Thanks so much.

Okay, this episode sealed the deal for me, I loved it. The angst between Camila and Santiago was palpable. And add me to Jimena's fan club - she cracked me up when she sniffed herself for freshness after getting out of the carriage. Rita is on my list - but I guess she will be punished every day knowing her husband is pining for her sister.
 

Well, now I may be hooked but it did take awhile. Still waiting for F.C. to be a bit more exciting per his reputation. Hopefully, we will not be disappointed but I hope it's soon cuz I'm not feeling it yet.

Luv the clever recaps. Thank you.
 

Thanks Melinama, this was a great recap. I'm liking the blacksmith shop with Santi and the twins in their aprons. This trio could be the February or March Chippendale calendar.

I thought Mercedes hair all spread out was kind of pretty and except for color reminded me of my grandmother years ago, but I won't miss Mercedes one bit. It was too hard to believe that two men had ever wanted her. She wasn't lovely or gracious and instead seemed embittered by the greed for lost money. Is it our fault she put her faith in the wrong brother? At least Ric played the loving son whether she deserved it or not. Ric can be January and December.

Rita isn't one bit lovely or gracious either. Her anvil ought to be really big somewhere down the road. But this story is getting more fun every night. I'm liking Vasco, he seems like an ardent lover if not a very reliable business man. Somebody has to have fun!
 

Love the Chippendale calendar, I'm in for one. Quite a few of those pirates would qualify! Somebody requested Ascanio - sans wig. I want February (the worst month) to feature Jorge and Timoteo, wouldn't that be sumpn?
 

Thanks for the quick post! I had to miss last night, and of course it had to be the episode when things really start to get interesting. Hopefully we'll get to see Fernando all dressed up like a real gentleman soon (though I can't complain about how he looks as a scruffy pirate).
 

Thanks Melinama, it's nice to read the recaps first thing in the am. As for the calendar, let's not waste paper on Jorge or Timoteo. There are plenty of other lookers for February.

I'm looking forward to Ric cutting off those greasy locks--at least they'll be short & greasy...
jb-iron jack cash
 

Thanks, Melinama . Gee, were Saintly and Rita making love in that scene ?? I thought that he had broken down and was giving her a mercy snuggle. If they were doing it...it was sin pasion. And here we go with the bathroom references and the whizzing outdoors. Ascannnioooo did seem to give Ines the eye, didn't he? These two would make a goodlooking couple who would produce adorable babies, so I am in on that match. Marcelo is looking good with the ponytail. As for the Chippandales' calendar, isn't the computer great...we can make our very own calendars!!! I think mine will be 6 months of Ascannniooo and 6 of Ricarrrdooo ....probably the carefree spring and summer with Ascannniooo and the cold fall and winter months with Ric. I like to focus. I fear that Ric's long hair and bandana are going to be history soon...que lastima....I will miss Cap'n Ric in the rigging. By the way, isn't the young guy Camila rescued Carla Estrada's son ? By the way, when Rita got the news from Ines, did she fall down at the very same tree where she buried THE LETTER. P.S. During the episode where Ascannniooo drops the cofre over the wall, did anyone else have a Duelo moment ???...THE COFRE...or maybe a Justin Timberlake/ SNL moment ???
 

According to someone on TW that is Carla's son. Also, the actress who plays Francisca (Tim's sister) is his grandmother (Carla's mom).
 

Yeah, Rita and Saintly were totally doing it. At first I thought he was just giving her a mercy snuggle, but from the way she dug her fingers contentedly into his back and the way he seemed to be suffering, I think he was grudgingly performing his husbandly duty. Also, by the look on her face, she knew he wasn't happy about it, but she was taking what she could get.
 

BTW, as much as it pains me to see Rita and Santi together, it's refreshing that someone can do the deed with someone other than his One True Love. I'd hate for impotence to become a required plot cliche in every novela.
 

Hey, did anyone catch the bod on Saint Santiago??? Fabuloso!!!!!! He was morosely climbing into bed with Sneaky Rita and WOW...all-too-brief display of some really nice eye candy. Made the whole episode for me. The buckets of tears at the end, with Cami & Santi, just can't compare. M from CT
 

I agree! Santi is teh hotness! Until he starts crying.
 

Well, that was tooooo much crying, already! Camila had better get over it soon....

A calendar would be nice...is it possible to make one??? Just wondering....
 

thanks melinama!! that was fast and superb.

i loved this episode; cried with snot at everything when santi came to see camila. when they showed his hand with the wedding band slowly going over her hand...priceless. i don't know why i'm getting more sentimntal with the years; i've cried quite a bit already in this novela.

i also like how santi did the husband's duty with rita even though he doesn't love her. i can't wait for THE LETTER to be found.

madd mary, thanks for the info! i now notice that fracisca does look like carla estrada!

besides sofia and jimena, i am realy liking ines as well. she's just so fresh and lively; it brings a fresh twist to the novela. i like jorge too...he's a funny villian.

i like the calendar idea too! ric of course would top the list with a (preferably shirtless) picture of him hanging off the ship. the twins HAVE to be there too... :) and santi with his blacksmith apron and no shirt. i would even manage to throw mario and vasco, and ascanio in there too. am i being greedy? :(
 

Hey Tash, there are 12 months every year. That's not greedy at all.

I would think the letter would be decomposed by now, but maybe not. I noticed that when Rita had her little hissy fit, she threw herself at a tree. Was that the same tree where she left the torn pieces?

So... if Santi is married and has consummated his marriage, does that mean that Rita has to die if Cami and Santi want to get married in the Church?

Of course, I think we're supposed to expect Cami to get together with Ric instead, so I'm really just looking for an excuse to kill Rita off. :-) Maybe Santi will die instead, and that will be Rita's punishment.

Or perhaps knowing that Santi still loves Cami, and that Cami's now rich, will be punishment enough for Rita. I just loved the way she reacted to Cami's return. She didn't even try to pretend to be happy or surprised that her sister was still alive.
 

Excellent recap Melinama, and what a fantastic idea about the calendar. Sign me up for one! If we have Timoteo for February can we have a close-up of his face on his last moment on earth? It could be the telenovela version of Munch's 'The Scream'.

Mad Bess, good call about Rita sliding down the tree that hides her treachery. Nice juxtaposition that. And The Cofre...I definitely had a Duelo moment.
 

Thanks Melinama for your fast recap. I am really enjoying this novela and the comment from you all! It's enabling me to enjoy my holiday all the more.

I like the calendar idea as well. It makes me chuckle just thinking about.

So (I realize its a bit late to make this comment) is Cami kryptonite to old men (neither Jorge nor Tim could perform) whereas the young ones only smell her phermones?
 

Yes! Santi's bod climbing into bed was hawt! He needs very little clothing for the calendar. Can we have the blond pirate, forgot his name, on the calender too? I thought that was the tree of the buried letter too. Maybe some one will give Santi a puppy--one that likes to dig and bring presents to his master. It would be good for him to find it. I usually tire of the crying but the Cami/Santi scene was good. What else could they do?
 

This recap was a hoot!

What I was noticing in last night’s show is that Cami has freed a boy, a servant, and her pal, but that somehow they have to stay with her and live where she does. That doesn’t seem very free to me, though of course all seem thrilled.
 

Hey Maggie, I noticed that too! It didn't take long for Camila to start throwing her weight around and making decisions for all four at once...
 

I see your point about the freed servants now all living with Camila, but really, they don't have any money and aren't likely prospects for marrying into any. If she just freed them and said adios, they would be destitute.
 

Thanks for the concise yet info-packed recap, Melinama. Love the calendar idea. If people don't want Timoteo for Feb., how about Oct. and Halloween? I wish there was a video of German Robles as Cyrano DeBergerac. He has the nose for it.
At least Cami didn't have very many lines to learn for this episode. Just endless wailing and crying. Yeah, Saniago made his bed and now he has to lie in it. Rita can SUFFER seeing Cami all wealthy and Santiago all yearning for Cami.
La Paloma
 

PS Great title for this recap.
 

I got the feeling that Cami and her "clan" want to be one big happy family. After all, they went through some awfully hard times together and they all need each other emotionally at this point. It's not that they are obligated to her. If they told her they wanted some money to go off and live on their own, I think she would readily oblige.
I think Rita will suffer one way or the other but I don't get the feeling it will because Cami is wealthy. I just think she was always obsessed with Santi, period. Money doesn't seem to be a big factor with any of them.
 

Thanks for the good recap, Melinama.

one question: In addition to Ric's dying madre telling him to get his father's money back, was she more specific vis=a-vis Camila. I thought so, but with my spanish, who knows?

Also, it occured to me that the mercy sex between Santi and Rita could produce a varon, which would be another terrible complication.
 

I think Ric's dying madre was specific about Cami. I also think the whole reason for the mercy sex was to thicken the plot w/a new verano. Otherwise, I don't think Santi is above parting with "the right thing" and Rita to be w/Cami. He is badly smitten. We need a whole season's worth of obstacles to the love we know will win in the end--at least according to my telanovela experience.
 

Yes, she was specific about Cami. It's in the recap.
 

Melinama, thanks for the great recap! I depend on them to help me keep sane when the holiday rush is so intense!

Jeanne
 

Susanlynn said "P.S. During the episode where Ascannniooo drops the cofre over the wall, did anyone else have a Duelo moment ???...THE COFRE...or maybe a Justin Timberlake/ SNL moment ???"

I totally did. Any mention of the word COFRE sends me into a time warp and I see Ana Martin screaming at me about a box that glows green, even though it just has a piece of paper in it.

Thanks for the recap Melinama, it was an important episode of course, but I have to say that the endless weeping wears me out. It doesn't aggravate me quite to the level of amnesia, but it's still tiring.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder