Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Pasions 12/17/07 "With Death Comes Ducats"

Well we open with the poignant death of Don Tio Tim…I’m gonna miss you Tim. After much shrieking and running in circles, Anna Nichol, sorry I mean Cami figures out behind every cloud there lies a silver lining..Whooopeee she is free.

Move on to the funeral, lots of people dressed in black, incense..so on so forth. Go toward the light or at least keep that in mind after you finish what maybe a rather lengthy stint in purgatory.

Tia Fran & Lisabeta discuss what else? Ric, Fran mentions a letter from Ric. Oh look there he is, thru the miracle of TeleVista we are transported to the jungles of Africa, Hey look out of respect to his dead Tio he is dressed in black. Oh wait, never mind. Anyway he is sending a letter, he will soon be returning from his spring break.

Now back at the Casa de Cami, she asks servant guy, Ascanio, about his past. He has been a servant for 20 years. His mother and sister are dead. Cami invites him to toss away his powdered wig and come live in Mexico.
Cami is in the bedroom going through a chest, she finds a few ducats in some little pouches, look there are Tiny Tio Tim’s little hand canes lying on the bed. Just like that “Christmas Future” scene with the crutch in the corner.

Cami goes out into the countryside and finds Jimena, her friend from the ship. She buys Jimena’s freedom. Jimena is scoping Ascanio out and I think we may have the beginnings of a beautiful relationship here. Onward to Claudio, the boy from the ship. He sees Cami and starts to run toward her, when he is smacked down by the overseer. Ascanio puts a stop the that, the patrona is a lady & overseer guy will die. Anyway she buys Claudio’s freedom and they take Claudio with them, poor brother Angel died. This was a “Gone with the Wind Scene” with Red Haired woman dressed in Black, hugging a poor slave boy in the fields, well or it would have been had Scarlett not been a proud rich slave owner…but anyway the music swelled magnificently as we go to commercial.

Now time for the reading of the will. Three women dressed in black, Cami, Tia Francisca, and Lisabeta. Don Tio Tim, being of sound mind and body (well except for the crutches, bad heart and organ failure (yes that organ), leaves everything to his lil cupcake Cami. This allows Lisabeta and Francisca, to gnash their teeth, wail, and almost but not quite rip their elaborate wigs off. The lawyer, states that Lisabeta has been left some poor ass farm. The women accuse Cami of being a witch. She must have besotted the poor man with her wily ways. This term continues to be used in cases such as this even today, with only a slight variation on the spelling. Cami good and true offers to give some to the wailing women. Okay, hold on their lil missy, Don Tio Tim has written Part II, in the event that Cami tries to give any away, the entire fortune will go to the FreeMasons & Cami will remain a slave. Well personally that says it all for me. It is a done deal. This bothers Cami quit a bit, me not so much.

Crazy ass Mercedes, Ric’s ma is hanging around the street, her fingers are itching to clutch some golden ducats…The two crows tell her that Tim left it all to Cami except for that poor ass piece of land. “What about Ric?” queries his crazy ass mother. “Nada”. Dona Mercedes, faints in the street, Tia Fran runs off for help leaving blind Lis to wonder if Mercedes has injured her head. Please not with gi-normous spider’s nest perched on her head, she couldn’t have had more protection had she been encased in bubble wrap. Seriously, Don Tio Tim lived a life of regret that he didn’t marry this woman? I think he would have thanked his brother each and every day for taking a bullet for him.

Okay the four musketeers are packing up and getting ready to go back to Mexico, Cami asks each and everyone for their opinion. Claudio sums it up best with take your choice “Rich and Free” or “Poor and a Slave”. What is Cami not getting about this? We also get a brief lesson from Claudio on the FreeMasons, who knew Uncle Tim was a major Union Supporter?

She talks to Ascanio, asks him about Lisabetha & Tia Fran, were they nice to him? Seriously this girl has seen her finance speared, the town rich but flacid horndog try to nail her on pre wedding night, gang raped by pirates, sold in the town square, held prisoner by old guy & forced to marry. If it wasn’t for the fact that she apparently emits some form of pheromones that when mixed with element of gold from the dust on rich guys hands, and a chemical is rendered that makes them impotent; she would have been barin the Varon. So move on little Mary Sunshine.

Ascanio tells her they treated him like a servant. Next we see Ascanio lowering a chest down into a courtyard. Is he making off with the loot? Now Cami asks if anyone saw him? No he replies.
Lis & Fran find it the next morning. Praise be to Ric, he must have left a big ol heaping helping of pirate booty for them. Yeah that’s the answer.

Back in San Fernando, Dona Sofie is chatting up Pa Justo in the street, is Rita happy & is Santiago? We see a bride getting out of a coach. I guess Rita is jumping the broom with Santi.
Now you would think being a blacksmith, Santi would recognize the sound of a gigantic anvil falling. As John Donne would say, “For whom the Anvil Falls…it Falls for Thee”.

Our newly freed foursome boards a ship to carry them back to Mexico, smooth sailing ahead.

Creepy guy, Alberto LaFont, (personally I think it is great that Eddie Munster, has gotten work. Have you checked out that strange hair that grows down his forehead to his eyebrows?), comes in and talks to Don Jorge about the shipping of silver from the mines that will be absconded by pirates. Eddie asks if they have found a husband for Ursela yet? He is still interested. Pa Jorge says no, but she would like a newer model than Alberto LaFont.

Meanwhile, Ursela is being forced to look at lunch boxes with letters of recommendation & tiny portraits of suitors, some are dukes and so on. She is none too thrilled, she doesn’t want to marry now and has no interest in popping out a grandson for Don Jorge.

LaFont forces his daughter to tell him that Ursela is still doing the Vasco deed, Ursela is furious with her friend.

On the ship all is fine, Cami thinks of how wonderful it is going to be when she see Santi again. Was that a dolphin? A splash from that monster Moby Dick? No alas it was an anvil off portside.

Hey it is back to beach, Ric is home and the natives who thrive off of plunder and booty are lining up for a Conga Line. The pirates life for me. Mario, Ric and another pirate and drinking wine. I must say, nice beard braid Mario. Mario asks where the ship the La Camila is? Lazaro has taken it off on an adventure. Ooops, that’s not good. Other pirate says Lazaro left two letters and he leaves to get them.

On the ship of promises, Jimena, Cami & Claudio are snacking away. Ascanio brings something to the table. Cami tells him to sit with them, he is clearly uncomfortable, but she tells him no more servants, they are all family.

Now we see Cami & Jimena in a wagon with a light cover over it. Cami is dressed all in white. Is that a Wedding Dress? Did you save the receipt? Ahhhhh the drama, Cami wants to go see Pa, before she goes to see Santi. We see Santi & the doublemint twins coming out of the blacksmith shop to watch the wagon. Santi looks as if the tie that binds is still spiritually holding him to his True Love, but actually the twins look the same way.

Stay tuned for more reasons to be thankful you were born 200+ years later.

Tomorrow we see Santi reach for Cami’s hand, oooops he has a gold band on his left hand.
Cami wails…

We also see a scene of Ric crying, pirates do not cry.

My advice Cami, take a deep breath, Santi just married Jan Brady and has a bad limp, those cane hands would have made a thoughtful wedding present, but you are personally rich.

Labels:


Comments:
thanks beckster for the wonderful recap.

one correction though - "crazy ass Mercedes, Ric’s ma is hanging around the street" - actually Mercedes is in the courtyard patio of her own hacienda home when she gets the shocking news about the will and faints.

J.R. :)
 

Well the lights are certainly back on in Tulsa, Missy. Great recap. I laughed all the way through it. It does the story at least one better and especially on a night when there wasn't nearly enough Ric time in front of the camera.
 

Thanks so much for such a funny recap beckster. I needed a good laugh and your recap fit the bill.

I'm glad to see the anvils are still falling though poor Cami is going to have to sallow a bitter pill tomorrow.

And yes Ric needs much more screen time. Though I do like him as pirate Ric, I'm looking forward to him in his new threads.
 

HA HA that is me laughing, alone in my bed at 6 am, thanks. I agree it's hard to imagine Mercedes ever being anybody's babe. I'm glad Ascanio lost the nylon wig. The kid actor is not bad. (That's two in a row, Juanito in JQ is ok too, I will never forget that one in Mundo so awful they had to kill him off mid-run because everybody hated him so much.)
 

Melinama, oh the kid from Mundo..Lobster Boy after his mother tried to boil him in the therapy bath. Hee Hee Hee

Now check out this kid in the picture. He is my grandson (well step grandson). He is the mas bonito nino in Mexico City and greater surrounding area
 

Great recap beckster. Glad you got your 'power' back. Loved the 'Eddie Munster' comment - you are dead on.

I was glad to read in the comments to yesterday's episode that other people are having trouble understanding the accents or vocabulary on this novela. I took a novela break after Zorro ended (I think Zorro was infinitely superior to this novela, but I digress). I thought maybe I had lost a lot of my ability to understand Spanish. One problem is interest - I find the the economics of piracy really boring and I don't really pay attention when Ric & his confreres or Jorge and LaFonte discuss their business.

I also can't get past the ghastly hair on almost everyone. Ursula's wig gives 'beehive hairdo' a whole new meaning. The contrast between her wig and LaFonte's daughter's hair, which was mostly natural, was painfully obvious. I know it's heresy but I even hate Ric's pirate 'do rag' and greasy locks.

It was too bad that Twisted Tim had permanent coitus interruptus but his shtick was getting kind of old.
 

Good breakfast laughs, thanks Beckster.

Poor Santi, but not poor Camila. He's still got Rita and the anvils. She's got freedom and money, which is a much better pill to swallow. But, I'm guessing she'll still whine, why me, how come, oh no...
jb - iron jack cash
 

Yes, I'm still having trouble with the vocabulary too. The accents don't bother me, but even with captions I sometimes have trouble figuring out what they're saying.

Actually, it is getting better, or I am, but I'm finding it steep.
 

Welcome back Beckster! Your grandson is a cutie all right. Thank you for the hilarious recap.

I thought your crack about Tiny Timoteo's crutch in the corner was especially timely, this being the holiday season and all.

Ursula's hair reminds me of something you'd see in Beach Blanket Babylon. Is it historically accurate?

Thank goodnes Ascanio got to take his nasty old wig off. He's such a babe.
njmotmot, what was that you were saying about old Tim's stick, errr...schtick getting old?
More Ric!!!!
 

Great recap, Beckster...the lights are on and you are home. Your little grandson is muy guaypo. What a cutiepie. When I saw the Fab 4 set off together, I had a Wizard of Oz moment. I know that Camila says that they are all ''family'' now, but Ascanio seems to have become Camila's personal body guard/valet. I had my own vision of him following ME around the mall carrying all my purchases...sweet...we shared a cinnabon...then , I bought him a little something at Eddie Bauer. Ah, I digress. I get a big kick out of Camila's freewheeling, go-with-the-flow, laidback friend Jimena. And evidently big girls don't cry, but some pirates do. I guess this is the last we will see of the Rickster dressed in black with the great long, curly locks and the bandana...and no more casually hanging out on the ship's rigging. Que lastima...I love the look. As for Tiny TioTim...God bless us everyone. Thanks, Beckster..great to have you back.
 

P.S. Great title !!!
 

Cap'n Eve~~~I don't know if you watch ''Amar sin Limites'', but I had to let you know that Orlando is playing a gynecologist in that show now. Wow, I would not have cast him as a gynecologist. This guy is all over the place.
 

Excellent recap, Beckster, way beter that the show itself. This is the second time that I've tried to watch this thing, it's sooo bad. They should have spent fewer pesos on sets, costumes and HAIR, and more on the rest of the effort. Speaking of sets- were they really supposed to be sitting at a table on a tiny ship at sea while enjoying their tea party? Nice, spacious dining area, and what a smooth ride! Nothing on this TN is a bit beleivable, and I really can't stand it; didn't they cut it short in Mexico? Gawd, I hope so....
 

Hi Capn. Sylvia: Trust me - absolutely nothing about the women's hair/wigs or clothes is accurate for any historical period.
 

Enjoyed your recap beckster, very funny! I don't know what the hell is going on in Pasion (tried to watch it, but can't get into it), but I do miss the camaraderie of caray. I'll join you next novela, especially if it's with EY!


Lisa from Alpena
 

Wow there certainly is some hate out there for this show! Everyone is entitled to hate if they want to, of course. I am enjoying it, after the Heridas/Duelo/Amar trio over the last year I am loving the change of scenery and time period. There just better not be any amnesia.

I get that there was an ongoing joke about anvils, that must have been in the Destilando Amor crowd. Is a falling anvil in your comments supposed to signify beat you over the head foreshadowing? That's what it seems like to me. I even complained to my wife last night while watching how every single thing that anyone says ever in the presence of Camila prompts her to say something about Santo Santiago. OK we get it, she is setting up for a hard fall.

I also was pleased to see Ascanio turn out to be a good guy, I know you ladies in particular are happy that he will be around and smiling more. I wish there was some female version of the blacksmith's shop, where you ladies get to see the guys shirtless and manly, all the women are under 16 layers. Even at the beach.

That old Tim sure is a vindictive bastard, huh? It was pure evil to put that clause in his will that will screw Camila if she tries to give any money to Lis. I thought it was nice of her to dump the gold into Mercedes house and sooo typical of Lis to immediately think it was Ric who left it. I wonder what she will do when she finally realizes she isn't going to ever be Mrs. Captain Rick, because that's obvious. I'm also wondering how much of a beatdown Camila will put on her sister tonight or tomorrow, or later on when that note surely turns up again.
 

thank you beckster for a wonderful recap!

i might be wrong, but (at least some of) the costumes and hairdo's i've seen in the novela sofar seem pretty accurate. in the 18th century, before the french revolution, it was customary for men and women to wear wigs, LOTS of wigs, and the woman's fashion typically consisted of hoop skirs and very big hairdo's with flowers, feathers, and sometimes even artificial birds with nests and miniature ships (hehe...i would LOVE to see ursula with a nest and birds hiding in there!). i guess the hairdo would vary per person, but the ascanio, sofia and ursula hairdo's definitely do not seem uncommon.

i love ricky's long locks...sniff sniff...i'm going to miss them when they're gone :(
 

ps: i'm hoping cami will get in a fistfight with her sis and pull her wig out...

pps: yikes, that testament that the viejo timmy did is very dangerous...she's not free to do what she pleases after all. that was just plain mean.
 

bummer! fell asleep again & missed last night's action but I know it can't compare to the recap...too funny! muchas gracias for the laughs. glad to see I'm not the only one who's wondering where on God's green earth they bought those wigs...some where, someone is busting a gut that the fools on this show are actually wearing them. hopefully, tonight I can stay awake for some pirate beefcake! M from CT
 

Speaking of hair, I got a kick out of Ascanio's bedhead when he came to help Camila when Tim died. That was authentic.
 

I’m wearing black myself, still mourning the passing of Tim. Did anyone notice that Tim got the Chimes of Death when he had his heart attack, but all those pirate and combatant stabees didn’t get the same? And here’s Tim such a sinner – how did he rate chimes?

Hilarious recap!
 

Rich dudes get chimes. Poor pirate sailors and stab victims get doodly-squat. I guess chimes are muy expensive.
 

Great and funny recap, Beckster!!Hee Hee.......Timoteo's crutches, bad heart and "organ" failure!!! Too funny! Durn, got to go to work! Can't wait to see tonight's !!!!!
 

Great recap, Beckster. Very nice of Camilla to figure out a way around the evil will, so she could help out Fran, Lis, Mercedes. Ascanio looks much better minus the white nylon wig, although his face looks a lot like one of my hubby's cousins.
La Paloma
 

Thanks Beckster! Your grandson is definitely a cutie.

I'm slowly getting into this telenovela, especially with the knowledge that it only lasts a few months - I want to make sure and not miss anything. This episode moved along nicely - I'm looking forwarding to secrets being revealed!

I love the costumes, and love to make fun of the hair! Ursula's hair jewelry (or whatever the jeweled strand thing was) kind of fascinated me.

As far as the language comprehension, the first few episodes I understood remarkably well. Since then it's hit and miss for me - I assumed it was lack of focus/interest on my part, but maybe not if others are having problems!
 

I don't understand how those of you who hate everything about this novela hang in there everynight watching for something to whine about. With all the other novelas on, I don't have time to spend night after night watching something I dislike. There's a difference in humorous mocking and constant complaining. The later is very irritating to those of us who are enjoying it. So, give us a break and either pee or get off the pot. Enough already!
 

Thanks Beckster, I missed your grandsons picture. Where can I find the picture?
 

Great recap, Beckster! Things finally seem to be moving forward in the plot. Is there some clause in Colunga's contract that every woman who plays his mother must be a horrible beatch? Daniela Roma was Ma in Alborada and she was evil and now Mercedes the greedy hysteric. Although it was a bit trite, I sort of enjoyed Camila gathering up her buds and freeing them. And it WAS nice to see her smile and laugh. The sad awakening will be tonight.
 

To anon, 8:38, we're not whining about this novela.....we're having FUN!!!! As Ferro says..."We love to mock here, but don't mistake it for real hate"...or something to that effect. (I'm sleepy at the moment) Lighten up, for crying out loud! :)
 

Beckster – Thanks for the great recap! I’m so far behind it makes my head spin, but having Pasión with such diverting recaps is relaxing.

Well, Tim is history, but his legacy lives on. Heir, no, just his legacy.

Jeanne
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder