Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Juan Q 4-9-08- To jump or not to jump- that is the UNANSWERED question....

Amigos, a quickie tonight because I'm stuck working on a project, luckily from home...feel free to fill in gaps....

Tonights recap is dedicated to Captain Jenny Cash.....


CL – Cesar Luis Farell
Ivy – Ivonne
Pasty - Pastor Gaytan
Pau – Paula Davila
Jito – Juanito Junior
Teach/Pompous – Pomposo, Juan’s teacher
Mar – Marely
Nid – Nidia Cachon
Fer - Fernando
Heri - Heriberto

Cl is about to jump. Oh but we have to do all this stupid filler crap first…..

Juan tells Yadi, fine she can be the consultant to the president. She likes the sound of it. Juan says he doesn’t even know how to use the phone.

Pastor begs Pau to help them out with this train wreck, she says no, let Juan see what happens when he plays with his money. Pastor says he’s going to take us straight to Bankruptcy.

Pastor says he’s not moving on buying the business and he’s going around nominating his friends to various posts. Pau is the only person who can save them.

Teach Pompous knows the three jerks are beating up Jito.

CL must have jumped by now. Can we yell Man Overboard now?


Pastor wants to go in with Pau to see Juan. Ivy doesn’t want to let them pass. Pau bites her head off and says soon she might be the pres and guess what the first thing she’d do, get rid of Ivy.

Once inside Yadi now doesn’t want to budge. Juan yells at them for their disrespect of barging in. Pastor tries to talk him into putting aside personal issues and think of the business.

He asks Pastor to leave them alone then.

Teach doesn’t like to punish but he keeps the thugs 2 hours after school to reflect on their actions.

Juan gets an apology from Pau, but he’s not really convinced. Yeah, I agree, pretty sorry sorry. She wants to talk business really. She tries to convince him to buy Campeoni, it’s a gold mine. He’s not so sure. She tells him she’s researched this up & down so give her a reason why not to buy it.

CL must be flailing around in the boat wake by now?

Julia and Yadi hiss at each other.

Juan goes on a tirade that he doesn’t have degrees and schooling in the states, but he has his heart that tells when to go forward or back.

Pau asks who nominated you president anyway. He needs more time to think. He doesn’t want a ton of money dumped on a quick decision. They get really close.

Nid thanks Kike for taking her. Kike drives away and Ana appears

They agree he will give her reasons by the day after tomorrow. They shake and there is a “moment” Juan tells her if she wants to be pres just tell him.

Nid whines to Ana about being sorry. Ana gives her some words, that the worst she did was letting her think that Samuel abandoned her. Nid says she sought refuge in the drink.

Both Nid and Ana still want this friendship, so of course this is why this hurts so much. Nid begs her pardon, she will go to jail, but she wants her pardon.

Pau tells Pastor about the conversation, and how indignant Juan is about these decisions.

Ana forgives Nid and says she won’t denounce her to the law.

Juan and Fer why am I president if no one respects that.



Pau complains to Marely how full of himself Juan was. She tells Marely this is a good deal and it needs to be sealed. She decides that the ridiculous conversation has convinced her she needs to come back to Farell. Mar tells her to eat.

Juan says he’s not going to tolerate Pau telling him what to do.

Pau tells Mar that she won’t denounce Nid. It was a hard decision but she has enough complications without messing with this legal problem too. Mar is pleased. Oooh there’s a catch, Pau says, but your Mom has to pay every dime back, even it it’s with the house. Mar is impactada.

How about now? Is he swimming with the fishes yet?

Ivy yells at someone who wants to talk to Juan. Turns out it’s Laura. She sweettalks him and wants to ask him out to eat. He can’t today but agrees for tomorrow. Lau is beside herself with glee.

Fer wants to know who she is. He tells him prima. Juan thinks she’s ok. He suddenly realizes he is late to pick up Juan. At school Juan waits, teach says bye, thugs stroll up.

Rainbow man (Heriberto today in orange) shows up to Pastor complaining about his post and Pastor tells him everyone starts at the bottom. They go to Pasty's office to have a chat. [I don't know if I missed this, but is Pasty still lusty over him?]

The three goons say they are making a piñata out of Juan. He starts running away.

Heri says to Pastorhis Pa put up money to buy. Pastor then says he’s as much an associate as Juan then, so he should be in a better office then, but he has to wait for Juan’s approval.
It’s time to make yourself count for something. He asks if he can get Ivonne as his secretary. Pastor is stumped, why? Creamsicle (Heri) responds because she’s weeeeeooouuuuu!!

Juli and Ivy are chatting about Yadi’s marriage, about Juan, eating lunch and hmmm, Ivy feels nauseus. She thinks the food might be bad. Me thinks otherwise.....Wonder where this is going.....savior to CL perhaps....??????

Pastor says to Heri that Ivy is machiavellian, plays with guys like toys, etc. He says she's a friend but only because he feels sorry for her because no one else likes her. He is trying to talk Heri out of his pursuit. [I guess maybe he is still lusty then.]


Ana talks to Pau and tells her she talked to Nid and she’s very sorry. Pau tells her don’t worry I’m not going to report her.

Juan runs up to the school, but Jito is gone, he asks the garbage man if he saw him and says yes, but he left. We next see Juanito running up a path on a hill. He gets to the top, and yikes he finds himself teetering over the edge of a high cliff. And we are left wondering if another guy is going to fall to death. Que the heck?????

I’m sure CL has been lunch for a shark by now….

And after his displays in the drinking establishments there I don't think the Canadians will be super quick to send the mounties to save him.......

Labels:


Comments:
K, You are hysterically funny. I loved the blue CL fate lines interspersed. Just a quick note to say thanks so much, great work for someone on another project. Guess being too busy to breath is a fever in the Juan recapper crew. Hope you get some sleep. Tahtah for now.
 

Thanks, I figured I'll be swamped tomorrow too, so the best is to just bare bones it quickly and get it out there for you since I've dragged so much lately. I'm glad you also found the humor I did in the hanging plot line. Wonder if Sylvia will have to improvise his fate as well....didn't see any previews for CL so who knows!! I'm thankful I have Caray Caray for a diversion from this project....ugh!!!
 

Hey Ms. K...count me in as another fan. You are fast and funny. I'm in a rush this morning but will read and savor the recap more at length when I get back home from work... (unless my daughter really is in labor in which case...well..)
 

CL ain't sharkbait until I say he's sharkbait! (Maybe)

Yo Keel-Hauler, you had me completely cracking up this a.m. Sometimes fast is funnier because the humor is distilled. Creamsicle...you're killing me here!

Fer forgot Cliff Note #4 for Juan: One can command respect but never demand it.

Nidia and Ana's scene was nice and I'm glad they made up. Sisterhood is powerful.

With our 'sweet' Paula there is always a catch, no? She's fine as long as she gets ALL the money? Bah.

Wait a minute, Ivonne had a stomach cramp at the end of the show. We all know that will be significant, but what does it mean? I adore Ivonne, I hope it's not a serious disease in retribution for her having CL operated on unnecessarily.

Wheeeee, JudyB, I'll be thinking of you today, fun on the horizon! Keep us posted.

Kris, I'm so glad you powered through and posted your "rapidito".

Note to commenter Robyn: Keep watching, I hope one day you jump on board as a substitute recapper and then you'll be hooked like the rest of us!
 

Hi again Keel-haulin...by the way I tagged your recap. Now that I've finally learned how to do it, I can't stop myself!
So far the doctor says daughter not in labor...so I may be around for a few more days.
More time to enjoy you folks' company...love the recaps and the comments.
 

Just a quick line to say thank you for the recap (since I missed last night's show) and you are just to funny.
 

FYI - before I read the comments I reread this and realized I left unfinished stuff at the end, like Ivy's, to me significant, ill. I filled out the end a little better so you can read that again. Off to more work.....thanks for taggin' JB
 

Anon # 1 , Please refer to yesterdays comments (April 8, 2008)

Export Red please accept this as a concession to your senor status on this blog...I will reframe from any future comments here, as it seems this is set aside for only certain folks of social status to participate. I have enjoyed the last few months, and will continue to read the re-caps.

This comes at a time when by accident, I came across some You-Tube clips of Juan Q shows that have not aired on Univision, but have been shown in Mexico..Some of the suspense is now over for me, I think you all will be surprised as to how this thing takes a twist..

I have enjoyed sharing my "urban" metropolitan views here, but it is time for me to move on.

PEACE
 

Dear Anon #1, Oh please don't leave and please don't think this is a snooty group. There is no social hierarchy that I am aware of and would not acknowledge it I was. Everyone's view point is welcome. Our Blog Mom Melinama has set up very few rules but they are terribly sensible and aimed at preserving everyone's enjoyment and everyone's right to be surprised and not be skunked by people revealing the future. We have to deal with the advanced episodes if we look at Youtube or travel to Mexico since the best telenovelas that I know of come from there and are released first in Mexico then get picked up by Univision or Telemundo about 6 to 8 weeks later for the US channels and I think even later for Canadian channels.
We also observe the rule of not discussing the actor's private lives although appearance changing surgery or dental work that we visually see on the telenovela are fair game.

Please let us all get along. And enjoy the PEACE Anon #1 wished us in his/her posting at 3:11. Speaking for myself, I just want to have fun!
 

Huh?
 

Ok, I see now. Honestly, I like Pau's figure, including her thighs, which I think was mentioned, that the men really appreciate as well. One of the things I love about the telenovelas is that all types of body shapes are featured. Compare Yadi, Ivy, Pau, Mar, Nid. None of them have the same shape but they are all attractive. Try doing that with US shows, say, Desperate Housewives, or Friends, or 90210, or Sex in the City. To me the women all have mostly the same basic body shape, and well, to me it's boring. You know, por abajo reigns supreme para los latinos, y mas es lo mejor!
 

I agree that not all "sexy" women are necessarily physically beautiful and that not all "beautiful" women are necessarily sexy.

Beauty, as they say, is in the eye of the beholder. Some people find the blonde-haired, blue-eyed, butter-milk skin look attractive. Me, I prefer the raven-haired, chocolate-eyed, coffee au lait skin look. But then, most men's image of beauty is the first woman they loved, their mother, and I'm no exception.

In terms of beauty, Paula has it in spades, despite her ugly feet and slight thigh bulge.

In terms of who is sexy, maybe I am too far over the hill for that kind of reaction to register any more. I know who is not, however, and that includes Ivonne and Laura.

Even though she is blonde (not real, right?) Marely is very vivacious and beautiful in her own, little people way. She is short, but very well proportioned!
 

Well, I'll weigh in on this (no pun intended) with this thought. I think Paula's thighs may look heavy because she has a nicely defined quadriceps muscle.
In my classes I have several dancers or former ice skaters and their thighs are large because they are very well muscled and strong...and hey, for me, strength rocks!
Paula, probably, like many aspiring actresses, took a lot of dance classes, hence those hammer toes (dancers almost always have ugly feet) and noticeable thighs.
And I must say, this topic has generated a lot of discussion. Which is good as long as no one feels targeted or offended.
Peace. And Love.
 

PS Ribera Joe, you are definitely not too" over the hill"....in fact your picture looks way too young to have a daughter who's 45. But hey, whatever you're doing..keep it up. You're looking good, my friend.
 

Well, here I am again. Didn't realize there had been more blogs left on my recap from the night before.
Maureen/Export Red...so glad to know the background on your blogger name. I thought Export Red was perhaps the name of a beer, and I have to admit I kept lusting after a swig of Killian's Red every time I read one of your comments. Good thing you're not named Cupcake.
Other than that, I echo Cheryl's comment that we hope no one will feel unwelcome or disrespected on this blog line. That was not anyone's intention I'm sure.
I can remember though when I first started writing in, I didn't feel "part of the group". Everyone seemed to know each other and chat back and forth and I felt a little bit lost. Quite like entering a new (for me) established social group in real life.
But as in real life, the longer your presence, the greater the trust level and the easier it is to avoid misunderstandings in communication.
At least I hope it is.
Once again. Peace. And Love.
 

K, that was so lovely to dedicate this to me. Thanks. I am pretty numb at the moment, but took a little time to read this. Am catching up all the actual video but will depend on all your recaps for the next ten days while we go to my parents' home for the memorial service and to help Mama. Thanks, too, for the great recap. It was clear and concise, just what I needed at the moment now that I have a little bit of time.

Anon #1, I hope you check back in anyway. We all have moments of disagreement and sometimes are slightly put out by others' comments, so we hope you can hang in there. Most commenters and certainly the recappers enjoy the interchanges as long as they remain respectful and productive. It's all only television, after all.

Losing my Dad abruptly last Friday reminded me that none of this matters a grain of cumin (Nidia's favorite, "I don't give a grain of cumin/I don't give a rip"). What does matter is stating one's opinions and thoughts respectfully. So, we watch what we say and try not to be offensive, while commenting and giving our thoughts. A number of us have also lost parents, siblings, children during our long or short time on this blog-we all find a sense of community and belonging here that helps through those times as well as just the everyday "stuff" of life (extreme projects and overtime work, pressure from a variety of sources at home or work, etc.). C2 and particularly Yo Amo a Juan which has such a small and tightly connected group. Still, everyone is welcome.

With aloha to everyone and thanks to you who have sent warm, comforting messages.

Jeanne
 

Oops, that was supposed to be a comma and not a period after that parenthetical set of examples. Tsk, I'm slipping.

Jeanne (slipping Schoolmarm)
 

Anon#1, I will feel sad if you never comment again. Now that I know you as Anon#1 I hope you keep signing in as such. I care about your opinion and I hope you continue to weigh in.

RiberaJoe, as always thank you for the male perspective.
 

Anon # 1 ... I feel the love here, and I don't ever remember commenting in a dis-tasteful way. My observations, are from a different perspective than many who gather to comment on this blog...

Most of my comments are directed at the charaters, Juan and Paula, who I feel the show centers around.

To set the record straight, I started watching this show because of Paula's sex appeal. Last summer, after I had purchased a plasma TV, I discovered that Univision broad cast its signal in 1080p, while most US stations still broadcast their digital signal in 720i...the clarity of Univision over most of the other "regular" cable channels, got me where I am today with Juan Q.,having taken Spanish in high school, 35 years ago, I was guessing at the words until I found this site...

I will continue to comment, but will no longer make predictions, since viewing many advance clips, on You-Tube. I will comment on the social aspects of this show, as I am amazed that a show this fictional, has many real life events that come out of no where, to hit you in the face.

Lastly, the commenter who said, this is just television, is so right, that's all it is. Even the real life situations are made up by the writers....so lets watch and comment, and enjoy our little moment away from the real world, watching Juan Q.

Life is too short, lets live like tomorrow may never come.
 

Thanks, Anon #1. It sounds like you are like many of us; many have joined the novelas to refresh HS Spanish (like you, mine was more than 35 years ago). We find the characters engaging enough to comment on, too (in most cases, though there have been some who merited no discussion, I suppose--there are plenty to keep us busy anyway). I personally appreciate your vow not to give away future surprises. Sometimes I have looked ahead for other novelas and realized that threw me off quite a lot--it jarred my sense of sequence. So thanks for that!

Jeanne
 

And one more thing, lots of us gals watch for Juan's appeal, too! No denying that!

Jeanne
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder