Friday, May 23, 2008

Guapos Thursday May 22, 2008: Luci finds out that if you drink down far enough, sure enough, there IS truth at the bottom of a bottle

It’s morning and the staff are getting food trays ready for the reading of the will. Karla is furious that Mili will be a millionaire.

The family is gathered, plus one, as Luci notes, meaning Mili. Mili is looking a bit goth in her little black dress and straight hair and her face so pale. Lawyer Robledo with Mateo at his side starts in with the reading of the will and he cuts right to the chase: Regina leaves everything to Mili. Luci takes a fit, but Constancio says those were his mother’s wishes, so that’s the way it’ll be.

Alex, who just last night was telling Flor how Mili is not that way, now with an evil smile says congratulations Mili. Everything worked out the way you hoped, and even better. Good job. He leaves and Vale runs out probably to talk to him. Mili is anguished. Where is everybody going? Robledo asks. I’m not done yet. Oh yeah you are says Luci, what else could there be, kisses for everyone? Carry on, says Connie.

Robledo says there are two conditions. The first is that Mili live in La Soledad mansion as part of the family. Luci stares at him agape. Second, Mili gets her money when she marries. Mateo glances up at Connie and Connie holds his gaze. In the meantime, says Robledo, Mili will get a stipend of 20,000 pesos a month.

Mili is shaking badly. I don’t want anything, she says. Connie puts his hand on her shoulder and says take it, it was her wish. It all belongs to you now. Mili runs out and Mateo bolts after her. Robledo, a little startled, leaves and says he’s going to catch up with his grandson.

Luci, Damien and Connie are left in the room. Luci is erupting: I didn’t marry you, she says to Connie, and get stuck with you all those years, for her to get what belongs to my children!

Vale is talking to Alex in another room. She wants to know why he treated Mili like that just now, after all the times he stood up for her against everyone saying she wasn’t a money grubber. I still want to believe she’s not, says Alex. Vale says then why? Are you upset that the abuela didn’t leave you anything? Alex says no, how ‘bout you? Vale says yeah, a little bit, but what she did leave me you can’t buy anywhere, namely her tremendous love for us, her wise words. What the hey, we’re still millionaires, but what I’m worried about is you. What is this attitude about Mili? Alex says he doesn’t want to talk about it, he’d like to just be alone a while.

Luci is still overflowing with rage. Connie says he’s glad her bastard son didn’t get anything, and as for Vale, she has him, she’ll get everything of his. Luci says she’ll contest the will but Connie says don’t even think about it. Damien asks why Connie is so heated about all this, a bad conscience maybe? Connie stomps out.

Damien tries to calm Luci down. He points out that Alex could get the money by marrying Mili. Luci realizes this is true and says that’s why Regina did it! She’s getting the last laugh. No way will I let Alex marry her! But why not, says Damien, it was a clever little trick. Luci replies because Regina was always throwing Connie’s little bastard girl in my face and I’m not going to let her keep doing it from beyond the grave. I won’t let him marry her – NUNCA!

Mateo is walking with Mili out by the fountain and counseling her not to make any decisions right now. She is distraught and says she didn’t want Regina’s money, she wanted Regina to be with her. And now this condition that she is to marry – why? She doesn’t want to marry – NUNCA! Mateo says but you’ll never get your inheritance if you don’t. I don’t care, says Mili, I don’t need an inheritance. Well, says Mateo, you have enough monthly money not to have to work and then when you marry…. I won’t says Mili. I fell in love once, deeply, and I don’t want to every let anyone in my heart again. He gives her a light hug and oops here comes Robledo.

Mili runs off. Robledo says tell me I’m not seeing what I think I’m seeing. What? says Mateo innocently. Robledo says I told you to stay away from her. Mat says I knew her from before, she was my student, I didn’t know she was the girl who was to inherit. Honest! You better watch yourself, says Robledo.

Karla asks an amused Damien what was in the will. He tells her and ay no ay no ay noooo!!! she takes a fit.

Vale and Morgan are walking outside and discussing the will and why Alex is acting so strange and why he and Mili have so many problems when they love each other so much.
Vale asks Morgan if Mili has shown any signs of money grubbing and he says no, she’d give up her dinner to give it to the poor. She’s nothing like that. Vale says something has happened between them and I’m going to find out what it is. They look around to make sure the coast is clear and share a sweet hug.

Gloria and Lina are telling Mili that she is rich and now Karla’s going to be sick to her stomach. Mili says all she can think of is all the problems it’s going to cause. Why did the abuela do it? You deserve it, say the girls, she was so happy with you. Lina says she really changed with you around. The girls say now you have a ton of money to hire detectives to look for your father. Mili shifts her eyes around. There is a knock at the door.

Speak of the devil! It’s Connie. He asks the girls to leave, then he says that Damien has called a meeting for an important discussion and now that Mili owns 20% of the shares, she should come. Mili says I don’t know anything about stuff like that. Connie says you need to appoint someone to vote your shares. Like who? asks Mili, looking like she knows the answer. Well, like me for instance, says Connie. She says now wasn’t it Alex who voted Regina’s shares? Things have changed, says Connie. I see that your relationship with him isn’t going well. Anybody but you, says Mili.

Connie says think it over. In the meantime, watch out for Mateo. Now that you have money, there will be a lot of men coming on to you with ulterior motives. Mili says like you are doing now? Please, says Connie, I’m just looking out for your best interests. The best thing is you continue with your studies. I’m going to watch over you, as my mother did. This rattles her a bit. I’ll think it over she says, but please go now, I want to be alone.

Damien is visiting Hugo in his room. Damien says it’s just as well Hugo wasn’t at the reading of the will. Hugo explains it had to do with Regina (I guess not his branch of the family). Damien says you like Mili, huh? Hugo corrects I love her. Well, guess what, says Damien, Regina left her everything. Hugo is amazed and wonders why nothing for Alex and Vale. Damien says Luci was plenty amazed too and he thinks that Regina knew she’d be dying soon. Damien tells about the conditions of the will and says I’m not one to tell you what to do, but if you could get her to love you, nobody would steal her from the altar this time. Hugo smiles.

Luci is talking to Alex in her room, having a fit over the will and telling him that he must contest the will and that there are no lengths to which that money-hungry girl will not go. Alex says he’s not in the mood, he doesn’t want to contest the will, and don’t talk that way about Milagros.

Luci goes into full serpent mode. She notes that guess what – Regina’s surgery was a success, the doctor expected her to go home within days, and then wouldn’t you know, somehow she’s dead after having been alone with Milagros. Alex says are you implying what I think you’re implying? He stomps over to the couch.

Well, I’m not really saying, it just seems odd says Luci. Alex jumps up and gets into her face, yelling. You may not like her, but she is not capable of what you’re implying – it’s monstrous. Luci says, but it’s a possibility, my love, you can’t deny it. Don’t yell at me!

I’m yelling because I’ve had it with your intriguing and with your venom! Leave me in peace! Luci says I’m just trying to open your eyes. Alex has her by the shoulders, his face is just inches from hers and he’s still yelling. He says have you been drinking, because I want to believe that all this stupidity is alcohol talking. You know I gave it up, she fudges. He throws her back onto the bed and rushes over to her dresser and starts going through the drawers like a madman. Then he goes to the bedside table and sure enough pulls out a big bottle of hooch. What’s this??? He demands, Luci just wags her head no and cries. Busted.

Hugo is telling Damien he would love to marry Mili, but not for money, be very clear about that. Oh of course, says Damien, but since she’s inherited, it would be good for us… Hugo says why are you talking “us’? Damien says well I’m your father! If you marry you can’t forget about me. Don’t forget I helped you – look at how I got Luci’s shares for you. Ah, says Hugo, everything is part of some kind of deal with you, isn’t it? Never mind that, says Damien, you’ll marry Mili, I promise you.

Luci is telling Alex to calm down. He is holding up the bottle in her face and says you are destroying yourself. I know your life is hell, but this is no solution. I just lost my grandmother, the only person in my life who listened to me, who understood what I felt, who supported me.

But I support you, pleads Luci. Then why shouts Alex, every time in my life that I need you, like now, you are drunk? Luci slaps him, then quickly apologizes. Get away from me, says Alex retreating from her. Luci says please, the one good thing I have done in my life is to protect you. Protect me? says Alex, you have tried to tear me from the one thing in my life that I truly love. I have lost Milagros, I have lost love. He tilts up the bottle and takes a lot of giant gulps.

What are you doing? says Luci. I’m trying to understand you, says Alex. Luci is sobbing. Alex says, you were never happy, and now I’m not, and this is your way to feel better. He goes to take another hit, but she pulls the bottle away. You are young, she says, you don’t understand. What you’re feeling now will pass.

Alex says despite all you’ve done, I know that Milagros loves me and that something happened, but I don’t know what it is. Your story that she is after me for money just doesn’t float. He takes her firmly by the chin: I swear, swear! that I am going to find out what happened. Don’t try to turn me against her, don’t try to turn me bitter, which is what you want. He offers the bottle – here, let’s get drunk together. Regina says I would give my life for you. But Alex says I don’t want your life, or your support. Because you and Regina, you are two very different people.

I’m all alone now, says Alex. I don’t want your life, I want mine. (They are almost nose to nose now.) I want to live my own life without you interfering. All I want from you is a little understanding. And leave me alone. He leaves.

Luci slowly melts onto her couch, and falls apart with grief. This is a nightmare day for her, no doubt about it. She takes a swig from the bottle. There’s not enough left in there to make this feel better.

I think we’re in the convent kitchen. Sor Cachete is telling Mili that Gamuza was really hurt and Mili says it was a bad day and she’ll look for him and make it all good. But the sor says no need, Gamuza is here! He comes in the sor leaves. Mili asks for his forgiveness and says something really bad happened, but she’s going to be better, she’s going to stay in the game. A tiny ray of hope for our little heroine. Gamuza gives her a hug and tells her he loves her. He asks if it’s true about Regina and Mili says yes, she’s in heaven with her mother. Mine’s there too, he says.

Mili says she heard he has something to tell her. He tells her that he found out he has a sister. Me too says Mili. Really? asks Gamuza, your sister is Gloria too? Mili is impactada.

Luci, chin on her vanity, hanging onto her bottle, looks like the wreck of the Hesperus. She is replaying in her mind the things that Alex shouted at her. She has another slug.

Mili is talking to Gloria’s mom who says that yes, Gloria has a brother. She’s glad because that means the family is growing. Mili suddenly looks sad. She says finding out that you have a brother should be a great thing, but it breaks her heart. Gloria’s mom asks if Mili thinks Gloria will take it hard. No, don’t pay attention to me, says Mili and asks how it all happened. Gloria’s mom says that when she came up pregnant, Romulo left her. Gamuza isn’t her child, but he is Romulo’s son.

The grocery guy and Gloria are walking hand in hand in the garden. He wants to meet her ma, but she is reluctant. He says he’ll tell a few jokes and her mother will like him – doesn’t she want him to meet her mother? Gloria says it’s just that she doesn’t know how to talk to her mother about such things. He says just talk to her like a friend.

Now it’s night and Mili is walking alone by the fountain. Braulio comes out of the house and says he was expecting her. He sits on the side of the fountain with her and says he has brought the photo of her mother. She asks why. He says remember how one side is torn? And remember the photo of Connie that she found in his office that was also torn on one side? Well, now the two can be united. He shows Mili the result. Braulio asks if she will tell Connie. She says never, she will live to get revenge, to make Connie pay for what he did to her mother.

You don’t need to, says Braulio. He looks up at the mansion – all this is now yours, he says with a sweep of his hand. (This is the same place where he said almost the same thing to the fake grandson.) I don’t care says Mili. Braulio says he too has lived with hate in his heart – for Connie and what he did to his sister, for all the pain over all the years. And for Regina having died without knowing the truth (Hold it – didn’t Braulio himself also withhold that truth on purpose because he was somewhat mad at Regina for having listened to her husband and not having insisted that Connie follow his heart?). Mili tells him that she told Regina. They are both weepy and lean together happily.

Luci looks worse and worse. She is still replaying scenes in her mind – the hospital waiting room when Mili told Alex she couldn’t ever marry him, the funeral when Nestor was giving Alex a hug and the padre asked how her conscience was doing. Her bottle is empty – she gets another from the bedside table. She is now remembering the padre asking if she doesn’t care about the happiness of her son. She says aloud I’ve never seen him so unhappy. She sees her reflection in her mirror. It’s your fault, she says. She backs up from the vanity and then throws the bottle at its big mirror, smashing it.

Braulio tells Mili that they need to be careful around the staff, and that she mustn’t call him uncle around them. She agrees. She asks him why he’s never married. He says he hasn’t had time, he’s always dedicated himself to his work. She says there’s always time for love. She gives the examples of the Gloria and the grocery boy, and Horacio and Socorro, all good, hard workers. Braulio says his situation is different. He says don’t ask and let’s go get some dinner in you and he’ll cook. They happily go into the house.

Alex shows up at Flor’s and says he just can’t be at home, can he stay with her? Of course, my love, she says, draping herself on him. She kisses him and suddenly it’s morning at Casa Belmonte and the staff are having breakfast. Mili comes in in a nice little dress, makeup on, hair up in a fashionable ponytail, and a smile on her face. No Carlitos outfit for her now, seems like. Braulio says she can eat with the family, but she says she likes to start the day with the people she loves most. Karla scoffs and says she can’t take it and leaves. They tell Mili never mind and ask about her studies – she’s missed a couple of days. She says she doesn’t feel comfortable at school. The girls say she can study days and then they can go out at night.

Braulio says no excuses, she is to return to school on Monday and nights are for studying and he’ll make sure of it. Lina says wow, who made you the dad? Mili and Braulio look a little uncomfortable.

Alex is at full-service Flo’s chowing down on a nice big breakfast. No wonder a guy would want to hang out there. Flor suggests they go to the lake where they met and throw pebbles in it, but Alex says there’s a meeting at work and he has to go home and change. She thanks him for coming back into her life. He is smiling but he says what he needs.. and Flor finishes for him what you need is time and I’ll give it to you. But she says she doesn’t want to get into a situation that isn’t clear. She fesses up that she adores him. She says she knows he doesn’t feel the same and that he’s in love with Mili but she wants to know what his intentions are with her. She says think it over and when you know the answer, tell me.

Mili says she likes helping in the kitchen. She tells Socorro and the gal pals that she wishes that Braulio wasn’t so alone. They think he’s not very handsome, but Mili says he’s okay. Soccorro tries to explain that he has different tastes. Look at how he does a facial mask at night, how concerned he is with his appearance. The sheltered girls aren’t getting her point. Finally Lina and Mili see where she is going, but Gloria has to be told that he is gay. Mili says they have to find him a boyfriend, then. Hip bumps all around.

Braulio comes in and says Gamuza is there and Mili says send him in. But Brauilio says her visitors now will be received in the sitting room, not in the kitchen.

Gamuza is sitting in a small couch in the foyer and Luci comes in and doesn’t see him. She is heading for some booze that is sitting out for guests and she is startled when she sees him. Alex comes in and says Gamuza is his friend. Luci takes a big slug, says she going to the office with him, and leaves. Gamuza tells Alex that he came to see Gloria to tell her that he is her brother. He doesn’t want Alex to tell, it’s a surprise. He says Mili just found out the same thing, that she has a brother. Of course Mili walks in just at that time. A brother? says Alex looking at her questioningly. She is doing some fast breathing, and freeze.

Avances: At the office, Luci is yelling at Mili that it’s her fault Alex hates her, that Mili told him he’s her brother. Bobby says que? and Mili looks like que? too. The next avances don’t have captions, but Alex is yelling at Luci looks like just before the first avance scene.

Labels:


Comments:
Couldn't watch this last night (and honestly, didn't want to..too much painful stuff going on) but enjoyed your recap, especially "full service Flo's".

Juan is at a very painful period also, with lots of hurt and needless misunderstandings. Don't we have enough of this in real life!? aaaaarrrggggh

Hope the comedy picks up in both shows soon.

You have a wicked way with words, Maggie.
 

Great recap, Full Service Flo, yep.
I love the well, I know you love someone else and you are docking your little ship in my port, uhhh any port in a storm. But seriously what are your intentions?

Well to boink you until something, anything else comes along.
Yes, Alex that indeed would be the truth.

I don't know and I don't care why Al is screaming at Luci in the previews, but I'm sure she deserves it.
 

Maggie: Great recap and way to start my day.

So, Alex actually has a spine and has found it. How shocking for Luci the Lush, the mean Lush. Like other novela villains, she's going for appearances, but in the process makes a mess out of many lives, including her own.

From lower Ala
 

JudyB, I'm glad you're still with us. This episode wasn't actually as bad as some others. It seems we are coming to the light at the end of the tunnel, so it was lighter in tone.

I loved the scene where Socorro was trying to convey that Braulio was gay. I'm glad to see that Al seems to realize something's up, but I'm not happy that he's just running to Flor's flophouse.
 

Thanks Maggie! I seriously think the secret of Mili's paternity can't last much longer. Then the next anguishing thing we have to deal with is how long it will take for everyone to find out Alejandro is not Constancio's son. There again I think Nestor will blab. There are several months left to drag this out though, so maybe the secrets will last longer than I think!

It should be fun to see the girls matchmaking for Braulio.

I loved this show in the beginning for the relative lightness and just fun entertainment. Now I'm hooked by the drama. However, I sympathize Judy B, I'm hoping we lighten up for awhile.
 

Thanks for the fun recap, Maggie. Yes, I think things are lightening up now, thank goodness. If Braulio is going to get more screentime that is bound to be entertaining, especially if the girls gang up to help him out. Now Al just needs to quit crying and taking up with skanky snakes and get back to what he does best, which is take showers and hang by the pool.

Who would have thought a few months ago that Val would turn out to be the mature one in the family? Not that it's a high bar to reach now that Regina is gone, but still. I like her more and more, and I think she'd have a good chance of turning out just fine if they could get Luci in a manicomio pronto.

I look forward to more wacky misunderstandings. Does everyone know Braulio is gay, or is Al going to think he and Mili have something going on since they're always talking and hugging and whatnot? Also, if Nestor keeps acting so attentive and affectionate, Al is certainly going to wonder what's up with that.
 

Bobby Que and Andra as well looked stunned at the lush blurting out secreto number one. I guess Andrea is shocked to realize that Mili knows the truth. It will be interesting to see who blabs first because there are consequences either way. I think Mili's secret will come out relatively soon but not Al, not for a long, long time and much misery for both Al and Mili. This segment is a lot like Maria Jose and it took months for the resolution but then these things always make it worthwhile

Meanwhile we have to find a guy for Brualio, one for Lina, resolve the Val Rocky situation, get rid of Mat the Rat, Hugo the Creep and Flo the MP etc, etc, etc.

I really enjoyed Al tearing into Luci. Everyone else around him is telling him Mili isn't capable of what Luci hints. I couldn't feel the least bit of pity for her and wanted more and more. If Luci thinks Al hates her now wait until he learns the full scope of her lies. Can not wait.

I love Mili being told she gets to accept her visitors in the foyer/confessional not in the kitchen That's got to be like a burr in Luci'a flesh everytime some naco comes looking for Connie's bastarda. How much fun is that.

It was good to see Mili acknowledge to Gamuza that she now has a sister. I wondered if she had forgotten that. She has so much to learn to handle family relationships and it should be fun to see. I suspect that Carlitos is gone forever.

I loved the little scene with Braulio and Mili by the fountain. He finally showed some guilt for not having told Regina the truth but was glad that Mili had done so.

Al purpose Flo's Flophouse- too funny. I just wish that Al would have just gone off to Bobby's instead of always running for the nearest warm psycho body.
 

Ah yes, our Alex was thinking with his little Al yet again. He's a little too shook up to think with his brain and the fact that he's actually been doing any real thinking lately has probably put some strain on it.

The only "secret" Luci has with Bobby is that he's to keep an eye on Al and help cheer him up for her. He refused to tell her what was bugging his bro, 'cause that's not what friends do. My money's on him telling Al he found out the "hermana" bit first. That's the brotherly thing to do. Alas, I suspect that Al will fall back on his old ways to get over Mili once he finds out he can't have her. MP Flo will be more than happy to console him and Andrea won't lift a finger 'cause she knows Al has no money. Luci and Connie will probably dance the jig at the possibility of the a nice merger with Domingo the mafioso with lil' Al as the confused sacrificial lamb.

I don't think everyone "knows" Braulio is gay, but I'm sure it's no secret. Between the gloves, the avocado mask, and his penchant for Luci's dresses, I'm sure they all suspect. I don't want to give anything away, I'll just say I hear there's some fun coming on that end. It occurs to me that Mili could get out of her marriage clause by marrying her tio. Not that it would be her style to do so, but it could certainly work, much in the style of some "green card marriages." They have different last names and in the eyes of the law, Mili has no biological relatives. Obviously nothing would "happen" between then - eeek!, but they'd continue to live in the same house and could eventually get themselves a little divorce (once all the checks have cleared and the property papers signed, etc) after conveniently realizing they are related. The church would even grant them an annulment if Mili ever wanted to marry someone for real.

I loved Al taking a few swigs from the bottle and showing mom exactly what kind of stuff she's been teaching her kids. After her throwing the bottle at the mirror and blaming herself (what a novel idea!) I was hoping she'd get over her BS and actually tell Mili the truth about Al's parentage (swearing her to secrecy of course). After seeing the previews though, I doubt this will come to be.

Yes, Al will probably continue to be creeped out by Nestor's touchy feely approach. I also imagine PM will start wanting in on his new sobrino's life. That should add some fodder. On a happy note though, once the truth is known Mili and Val may well have a relationship. Mili could even help Val with her secret wedding (esp since she can't have the one she wanted for herself). I propose a trip to Europe for Mili and Val to do some bonding (with Brau and Rocky as their valets).
 

Someone is posting that Fuego may be two hours tonight. Does that mean no Guapos? I am trying to find an on-line TV listing.
 

Update: Guapos is on at its usual time; Fuego is on from 9-11 for two hours. (eastern time)
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder