Friday, May 30, 2008

Guapos Thursday, May 29, 2008: Luci coughs up a hairball

I see we’re back to the full title sequences, so I guess that now the episodes aren’t as morose we can go back to the comedic lead-in.

The padre is telling Connie that Connie won’t tell his daughter she’s his daughter, and won’t tell his son he’s not his son. And now here he is with that ring on his finger, shooting for political office and guess what he’s likely to get busted. The padre keeps telling him off and Connie tells him that he’ll keep sending donations, but don’t come around any more. The padre says the kids have a right to know, but Connie says Al’s dad is dead. Isn’t, says the padre. Is, says Connie. He died before my very eyes; he was a nutcase which is why it’s better Alex doesn’t know.

That’s not why you’re not telling, says the padre. It’s cowardice, egotism – the same reasons you’re not telling Mili the truth, which you should do as a good Catholic. Cut the criticism, says Connie and look at it in a more positive light. Since my mother adopted Mili, she’s part of the family and everything’s fine. You’re a helluva politician says the padre, but the truth is always the right thing, it sooths the conscience, though I’m doubting you even have one.

Mili, the gal pals and Socorro come into the kitchen, home from the Rodeo. The younguns comment on how happy Socorro looked with Horacio and she glows. She heads off to bed. Gloria tells Mili about how moving her song with Alex was, like in a movie. Mili looks sad and says she’s going to bed and leaves. The gal pals wonder what’s going on with her and have no idea how they can help.

Over at the tire shop, Morgan and Vale are buttoning up, having apparently bounced off all that rubber for a while. She says these moments are the happiest of her life and she’ll never forget them. The exchange sweet nothings and sweet kisses. Vale decides she’s going to get going on her career so they can marry and be together. She’s going to hit the modeling agencies tomorrow, headshots in hand.

Morgan says but I want to show your daddy I can do it alone. Vale says hey it’s the 21st century and women hold up half the sky, remember? Morgan is as surprised as we are to hear her talk that way. Since when do you feel that way? he asks. Since right now, she says, plus I read it in this really hot and happenin’ European mag.

Little Gamuza tells Gloria and Mili that he’s going to have to skip school due to no money, and Gloria says she doesn’t have any, but maybe Ms. Mili Gotrocks can help out. Mili says they say I’m rich but actually I don’t have a penny in my pocket, so let’s get money the way we always have – working! She has her button-covered thinking cap on and says she’s has an idea.

Andrea comes into Alex’s office where he is packing up his desk. She looks sad and asks him how he’s feeling. He says sarcastically thanks to my ma, great. What she did stunk, says Andrea – and how are things with your father? Rotten as usual, says Alex. Andrea says I don’t know why he treats you that way and Alex says I do, because I treat him the same. No, says Andrea, you are just responding to his attitude – sometimes it seems like he’s not your actual father. Alex says I wonder sometimes myself, but there’s no doubt I’m Luciana’s child. Andrea hopes all will go well for him and his marriage.

Hugo comes in and says great, you’re packing! Thank you for moving out of my office so quickly. He opens the door for Alex and hurries him out, adding Alex’s diploma to the boxes Alex is carrying. He sits down happily and he and Andrea gloat over being co-workers.

At the tire shop, Horacio and Morgan are telling Chamuco what his duties will be, namely greeting the customers, offering them coffee, keeping things clean and in between finding new clients. Chamuco wants to know what his pay will be and the other two say pay? Umm… we’ll start out with you on probation then we’ll decide. Chamuco says like how long and they say like maybe 2-3 years? Chamuco says then how will I make enough to get married?

Mili and Gamuza show up at the tire shop. The three guys ask about their girlfriends back at Casa Belmonte. Mili says Socorro is all aglow, Gloria would have come but had to work, and ohhhh, I’m betting Vale is one happy girl. Everybody razzes Morgan. Mili says she and Gamuza will help out today but they need to get a little cut of the days’ profit. Horacio notes they haven’t had one customer. Mili says she’ll find some.

Alex and Bobby are playing tennis and Alex is really whomping that ball. Wow, says Bobby, you could win the cup for Mexico. Alex says at least that way I’d win at something. Bobby says not a swift idea to quit off the family company, but Alex says you know my reasons. I don’t want to be my father’s slave. Bobby says next you’ll be Flo’s father’s slave. You know he’s not going to give you any power. Alex says I’m going to be…(he realizes how lame it sounds) the head of the Venezuelan branch.

Bobby says he’ll really miss Alex, but he says it’s best, so Alex will forget Mili. Why is that good? asks Alex. It’s obvious you two just aren’t happening, says Bobby. But when I see her, says Alex, I see the love in her eyes. I just don’t get what’s going on! Bobby advises him to get her out of his mind, his heart, but Alex says it’s impossible.

Uh oh, this is worse than the egg/windshield strategy. Mili and Gamuza are placing in the street a lot of nail-studded blocks, pointy side up. Gamuza is doubtful but Mili says who’ll see us? The abuela, says Gamuza. Our two-person crimewave waits and waits but no car comes, so Mili thinks up something else. She asks Gamuza if he can fake fainting.

At a busy intersection, Mili struts into the sidewalk and Gamuza, walking with her, suddenly fakes a faint right in front of an oncoming car. The driver, a man, gets out and wants to take Gamuza to the hospital, but Mili says call an ambulance, and the man says why? Mili says just drive around the boy, he’ll come to – go down that street. She and Gamuza watch the car drive down the nail-studded street annnnd… yeehaw! Success! They return to the intersection and repeat.

The guys at the tire shop are talking to the hard-of-hearing ex-owner and having some comedic misunderstandings. Here comes their first customer (the Good Samaritan from the intersection) and they spring into action. Let’s hope they know how to repair a tire. Careful with my mags, says the car owner. A rush of customers is descending, and Chamuco rushes to serve them coffee.

Karla comes into Connie’s office and mentions the bonus he promised for her and her mama. Connie says only if you find the watch, which you haven’t done yet. Voilá says Karla pulling it from her bosom. Ooooh, says Connie, where was it? In one of Luci’s purses, Karla lies – Luci probably had big plans for it. Oh yeah, says Connie, she’d try to ruin me. You get your money, Karla. Karla asks him to pretend like he doesn’t know anything, not to mention the raise to Luci, she might suspect. You got it, says Connie, but I will have to tell Braulio since he’s in charge of such things, oh, and Karla, what about those photos you were going to try to find? Karla says no luck yet, but don’t forget there’s a reward for those too.

Karla goes up and repeats the above scene with Luci, telling her she found the ring in Connie’s things and that it’s best not to mention anything. Luci is worried that Connie will talk to Nestor but Karla observes that no man wants to fess up to being a cuckold.

We’re at the tire shop, and I’m thinking Karla’s ethics are sterling compared to Mili and crew’s. They are exultant over their stack of bills and they want Mili to continue the next day. I couldn’t figure out if she and Gamuza said yes, but I do know she’s contributing to the delinquency of a minor.

I guess they did decide to keep it up, because there they are setting out their nail blocks when what do we see but a pair of uniformed legs next to them. They say the police in Mexico are corrupt, but there’s no doubt it’s our convent girl who’s in the wrong this time. Mili and Gamuza try to make a run for it, but are blocked by a police car driving up.
They try to fake that they were cleaning up blocks some bad person set out.

At the police station, Mili is trying to charm the officer to let them go, and when he says no, she says at least let the kid go, it’s not his fault. Gamuza says but I’m the one who hammered the nails into the blocks. Let me do the talking, says Mili. She tries her chin-up, defiant act on the policeman – she asserts her right to call her lawyer.

Mateo is talking to his friend who says Mat is just after Mili’s money. Mat says money helps, but ever since I saw her at the Rodeo, I was captivated. Don’t you think I could really fall in love with her? Har! says the friend. Mateo says you wound me. After I first saw her, I was searching for her. Yeah, I want the inheritance, but I’m starting to fall for her. The phone rings. Can Mateo come pick her up from the police station?

Gloria is whacking at a poor straggly bougainvillea with some huge hedge clippers, while her mama is trying to talk to her and wants to know what she can do to help Gloria. Gloria says you can start by explaining why you told Romulo that I’m his daughter. The mama says because it’s true, but it’s not my fault that you found out, I was talking to Padre Manuel and Gamuza overheard.

It’s my life says Gloria, I don’t like you blabbing my stuff around. Her mama says but you are my daughter, and she strokes Gloria’s face. Gloria softens and apologizes. Gloria says it’s weird to be an orphan and suddenly have a whole family and what’s next, and uncle? Maybe smiles her ma, and they hug happily.

Luci is having a big swig of the foyer booze and then hides her glass in the flower arrangement. Vale is coming in and Luci asks her where she was all day. Vale says she was hitting the ad agencies. That’s great says Luci, but Vale says don’t try to pretend you’re my friend, because you aren’t after what you did. I don’t want anything to do with you. Vale ascends the stairs.

Luci gets her glass back out of the flower arrangement but whoops has to put it right back because Alex is storming in. He starts up the stairs but Luci pleads don’t ignore me. You’re not going to freeze me for a stupid little goof-up? Alex says it wasn’t a little goof-up, you betrayed me and my sister. Luci says you’re starting a new life, you’re getting married, can’t you leave behind the anger?

Alex says I’m going far away because I want to get away from you and Hugo. But most of all from you because when I look at you I can’t believe I am your son. Luci is tearing up. Alex says I always wondered why my father hated me and I’ve been thinking maybe I’m adopted. Luci says you’re my son, I swear, I carried you in my belly. Alex says I know, too bad you didn’t carry me in your heart. You don’t love me, mama.

He runs upstairs. Luci slowly takes the glass from the flower arrangement and takes a long, deep swig.

We’re in Regina’s old bedroom that is now Mili’s. Mat has sprung Mili and she is glad to be free, she was afraid she’d end up in jail. Not for something that small, he says. She thanks him and he flirts with her. She reminds him that they’re just friends. He reminds her she told Alex that they were novios, but she says never mind that. He spots the big stuffed bear and she says another friend gave it to her. Mat says your boyfriend? and Mili says she doesn’t have one. Mat says okay, your friend here says goodbye and he crosses to give her a peck. She offers her cheek and he grabs her chin and steals a kiss. She waves her arms around and wouldn’t you know, in walks Alex. Am I interrupting?

Mili grabs Mat and pretends to be in an embrace with him. Yes! she says. Glares all around. Mili says you caught us in an intimate moment. So sorry says Alex coolly, that was not my intention. He leaves. Mili shoves Mat off and roughs him up and says what do you think you’re doing? He says you are the woman I’ve been searching for. Mili says kisses should not be stolen and she orders him out. He leaves, smiling.

Coming down the stairs, Mat encounters Alex in the landing. Alex tells him that Mili is just playing with him. Mat says he doesn’t want to get into a discussion with a person like him. Alex says Mili doesn’t, and never will have, anything with him. Really? says Mat. Her kisses sure tell me something else. Alex grabs Mat by the lapels, changes his mind, then leaves up the stairs. Luci has walked in. Mat bids her goodbye, but Luci says are you interested in Mili? Mat says I love her and I want to marry her. Her? says Luci, surprised. Okay, do it, marry her and get her as far away from here as possible.

Alex storms into Mili’s room where she is hugging her bear. He demands to know what’s up – first Hugo, now Mat, and she won’t give him the time of day. I can’t decide between the two she says – which do you recommend? Alex says I can’t stand seeing you kissing those guys when it used to be me you were kissing. Mili says oh, you were first and now you are claiming your territory? We have our lives, says Mili, and you are going to marry Flor, so leave me alone. That’s what you want? asks Alex. Mili opens the door to prove her point. Al kicks the bear and leaves; Mili sticks out her foot to trip him. She slams the door after him, then turns sad. Please pardon me, Alexandro, for what I just did. For having to break your heart.

Damien walks up to Andrea’s desk. She tells him that Hugo’s getting set up in his new office and is eager to be brought up to speed. Damien says great, and oh by the way, he has a proposition that could make a lot of money. (I’m not sure I have all this right, so please jump in with corrections) He says you know the utility bills that are paid by into a fake account owned by a fake company? Andrea says how do you know about that? I’ve been investigating says Damien. It’s a monetary paradise – lots of interest and only Connie knows how much. I’d like the name of the bank and the account number and you can get it for me.

Andrea says Connie wouldn’t tell me. Damien points out that she has her charms, but she says Connie’s not stupid. Damien says well then steal the numbers. Andrea is incensed: I’m not a common thief! Who are you kidding says Damien. Besides, you could end up with enough money to keep you the rest of your life if Connie dumps you. Look around in the computer. Damien leaves and Andrea contemplates his proposal.

Mat and his pal are in a pub and Mat is telling him that he kissed Mili. Whoo-hoo! Mat says he’s going to get Mili to fall for him, plus he has an ally in Luci. Sure says the pal, Mili was a servant and now she’s part of the family. Mat says now he has somebody on his team inside the house. The guys toast.

Luci in her bedroom is having a big swig. There’s a knock at the door and she ditches the bottle and quick grabs a breath mint. It’s Flor and Luci is delighted to see her. She tells Flor she’s really down about everything that’s happened with Alex and her. Flor says that’s what she came to talk about. She says that the bad move Luci pulled on Alex -she says we have to call it a bad move, no? … Luci tries to break in. Flor says I’m not reproaching you, you must’ve had powerful reasons for doing what you did. But he’s very upset and I don’t want to marry with a man in that state of mind. What can you do to mend fences? Luci says I don’t know. Flor says maybe I can help if you tell me why you did it. Luci says to save him.

In the girls’ dorm Mili tells Lina and Gloria that Mat kissed her by force. They say wow, you are a galan magnet. They bet she smacked him. No, she said Alex came in. The girls are a-twitter. They bet she loved seeing him jealous. Mili says n..n..no. Well, a little.

Back to Luci and Flor. Flor says she doesn’t get it. Luci says it’s my secret. Sometimes I think I’ll explode if I don’t tell someone. Flor pats her knee encouragingly. Luci says I gave Hugo the shares so Damien wouldn’t tell Alex the truth. What truth? asks Flor. Luci says Alex isn’t Constancio’s son. Flor is impactada at the news and I am impactada that not only did Luci tell, she told a near stranger and someone who is sure to blab.

At the office, Connie is messing around in his wall safe and Andrea has entered quietly and is watching him with her cat-eye look. He sees her and is startled. She says she just came in for a little kiss. He wants to finish up in the safe, but she distracts him by asking about the watch (got it!) and the photos (haven’t gotten them yet!) oh and isn’t he due for that big political meeting? His brain jumps gears and he heads for his briefcase on his desk. Smooches and he’s gone. Andrea heads for the open safe. Outside at the elevator, Connie waves off Damien and heads off.

Damien goes into Connie’s office where Andrea is just closing the safe and has an envelope in her hand. Damien says you’re fast – gimme. Andrea says in your dreams. And oh goody! Connie walks back in and wants to know what they’re doing in his office.

Avances: Mili asks Connie to help her find her father. A montage of a lot of scenes, a fistfight, secrets, tears, impactada gente, and my personal favorite which was Padre Manuel wearing a T-shirt that says GO GO. Should that be GO GOD? Lots of action, looks like. Stay tuned.

Labels:


Comments:
Hey Maggie...give me your e-mail. I'm going to write you when I'm stuck for a title for a Juan episode...you're the best!

Glad I missed this show...sounds like mostly more misery. Youngest daughter and I went to see Made of Honor (stupid) because it was the last movie Sydney Pollack was in and we've both loved him ever since Tootsie. Gone too soon.

However the romantic misunderstandings in Made of Honor were just like our telenovelas...except they were wrapped up and settled in an hour and a half rather than a year and a half!
 

I was really disturbed by Mili's return to vandalism and the guys' easy acceptance of her plan. But then I was pleased to see she got caught. Is this sort of thing a popular comic theme in Mexico?

I suppose the writers are making her move two steps forward and one step back in her march toward adulthood. But what happened to school?
 

Maggie: Thank you for the great recap.

From lower Ala
 

It's Official! Luci is BSC. What on earth possessed her to blab her dirty little secret to the MP? On the other hand I'm pretty sure that Flo will go to her grave before she ever says a word about it especially when Mili's truth comes out. Two witches - the perfect novela alliance, that along with the clueless galan they are "trying to protect". Too bad he isn't being protected from them.

Well as dim as he seems to be most of the time Al seems inching cloer to the truth about his parents unfortunately he remains clueless about why Mili switched gears so fast. As always BFF Bobby is trying to steer him away from the heartbreak that is coming.

Who knew Val had a few brains in that head of hers. She is certainly determined to have Rocky and is willing to work to do it. Two coronaries coming up from Connie and Luci who suddenly find themselves on the hating spiteful end of their children.

I too wonder about Mili's regression lately and blowing off school. She seems so out of control without Regina to guide her. Maybe when she sees her little sister actually doing a real day's worth she'll clean up her act.

It looks like Connie is going to get YET another chance to tell Mili the truth but I'm betting my house he won't take it. She is setting him up to tell her more outrageous lies just feeding her loathing and he still doesn't see it.

Mat the Rat and Hugo the Creep certainly showed their true colors last night. I wonder why the street smart Mili keeps missing it - not so much with Mat but always with Hugo.
 

I was on vacation for awhile in May and must have missed some things that were not cleared up for me even when I read the recaps and comments. (or my jet-lagged brain has forgotten). How did Mili find out that Constancio is her father? How did Bobby find out and why doesn't he tell Alejandro?
 

Wow, Anonymous, you missed the big bombshell. In a nutshell, Mili was about to have her secret marriage with Alejandro. Luci followed them to the church and took Mili aside and told her the truth to stop the wedding--once Mili thought Alex was her brother, they could not marry. Check out recaps from two weeks ago.
 

Anon

And Bobby found out because loose lips Luci was throwing a fit in the office thinking Mili had spilled the beans. Mili convinced Bobby not to say anything because it would hurt Al too much. So at this point only Bobby and Luci know why Mili is treating Al so bad in her belief that it will keep him from suffering worse pain.
 

Thanks Nina and Decie for your explanations. Im sorry I missed the 'bombshell" episode. NJ Sue
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder