Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Juan Wed. May 28 '08 Ana and Juanito Get Lucky-- But Not Your Recapper

No closed captions on Juan tonight! Diablos had 'em, even the ads for Juan had them but no captions for the actual show so I'm flying blind this evening. Please correct any major goofs or omissions.

We start with the usual rehash..Ivonne, looking very dejected tells Ana and Paula that Fernando has broken up with her but she doesn't want to talk about it. And she's not going to shed one more tear about it either.

Ana applauds her take-charge attitude and Ivonne makes an early night of it, heading off to bed. Paula, pensive, notes that love can really hurt.

Are you talking about Ivonne or yourself? probes Ana. Paula tells her it's obvious Juan no longer cares, he's leaving Farrell, getting away from her, and clearly ready to start a new life with Hillary Paris. Paula's affection, her tenderness (Lordy, when have we seen that?!) mean nothing to him, much less her love.

Ana points out, quite reasonably, that they need to talk honestly, face to face (frente a frente) and clear things up. Obviously Ms. Ana doesn't know telenovela rules...you NEVER TALK HONESTLY...if you did, the show would wrap up in a few weeks rather than a few years. Sigh.

In the meantime, Juan and Juanito are getting ready to attend the grand opening of Ana's gallery and exhibition. He's bought Juanito a new shirt and tie and now the little cadger wants to know if he can invite Flor.

Have you asked her to be your girlfriend? queries Dad. Nah, he's been too shy so we have a funny little scene where Juan gives coaching on how to be cock of the walk...stick out your chest, swagger in, close your eyes and make the jump! And as we see, Juanito is a very good pupil.

Our not so macho Kike is being consoled by none other than Remolacho. The boss played you dirty, he sympathizes. Well, the worst of it is, I can't quit no matter how Angarita treats me...I need the money, laments Kike.

Switch now to Alirio's office, Nidia still piping up when she should be quiet. (Well, what's new?) and Yadira's very expensive lawyer is concluding the meeting by saying "this will all be decided by the courts".

Shall I see you to the door? coos Nidia. You can count on me for whatever. YOU STAY! bellows Alirio. You're the worst secretary and worst wife ever! The lawyer hastily exits, noting that he knows the way to the door.

Yadira was with Topete first, now she's with Angarita! Reason enough for any judge to give Enrique custody! continues Alirio, but you refuse to help us. From now on I'm not your wife, I'm the "widow Cachon" sniffs Nidia, as usual, completely unfazed by anything Alirio says, even when it makes sense....especially when it makes sense! Still she's a loyal mama...got to give her that.

Wuf! things just got warmer in here. Paula is remembering Juan's seduction (or was it Paula's seduction?) Well, whatever. I missed this the first time around and I have to admit, pretty steamy stuff. Bra straps loosening, belt buckles being tugged...I may have to take a break here.

Okay, I'm back. And it's grim reality again. Alirio has given up on Nidia and is chastising Kike. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!!!!???? You had a good chance of getting custody but now, with the kidnapping...Don't yell at me, Kike pleads. I did it without thinking. I was holding her, looking into her little eyes, the door was nearby....Nevertheless, the case is going to be very tough now, chides Alirio.

You're my last hope, cries Enrique. If they take my child, I'll kill myself! Don't talk rubbish, snaps Perafan, but you will need to get Nidia on our side.

And that's just what Kike tries to do, with no more success than Alirio. I miss my daughter, he pleads, I'm the papa. And I'm the grandmother, she snaps. But I'm not going to tattle on my daughter "la ropa sucia se lave en casa" (we wash out dirty laundry at home) No way am I going to testify against my daughter. What I say, I say between these four walls. But forget about me helping you.

And now we're at the lush, Hawaiian themed, art gallery exhibit of Ana's paintings.
There are palm trees, leis, undulating navels and hips, bare-chested, muscular waiters...there may even be some paintings but who can see them with all the
tropical hoohah going on!?

Ana looks ready to faint and even unflappable Willy looks worried. I wanted something simple and formal, Ana squeaks but Nidia blows that off and instead hastens over to Hillary and her cranky dad who have just arrived.

Nidia introduces herself...and as an afterthought Ana...and moves in, chest front and center, to make acquaintance with Señor Paris. She thanks Hillary for bringing all her wealthy friends and reminds them that the art is for sale.

Papa Paris is"muy offendido" and thinks Nidia is about the most vulgar woman he's ever met! And he's also grumpy because Juan hasn't arrived yet..Lack of punctuality is lack of manners, he grouses.

Just then our bright-shirt, short-tied, long-haired galan arrives with Flor and Juanito in tow. Hillary introduces him and Juan gives Papa a handshake so vigorous it ruffles his hair (Papa's not Juan's) and Juanito does the same.

At Yadira's apartment, another papa is basking in his daughter's company. She's thinking of going to the gallery, she knows her mother is expecting her and asks Angarita to come along. He says he wasn't invited. Well, hey, she doesn't want to go anyway. How about staying for dinner? He happily accepts.

In the meantime, our ever lecherous Nidia is checking out the buns of a distinguished looking hombre who's studying a painting. Like it? it would look good in your office, your home..or for your girlfriend, she probes. She moves her hands along his shoulders and arms (Good Lord Nidia, hold your fire!) and he turns away. Well if you want to buy it, make your move, she adds, there are other people interested in it. And the painter is an intimate friend of Hillary Paris, she adds for good measure.

Flor and Juanito are also studying the pictures, remarking on the lack of clothing for one thing. Good time for Juanito to make his move and he does, exactly as his dad taught him. Once Flor gets him to open his eyes, she happily agrees to be his "novia" and he squinches up his eyes in bliss.

We get another shot of the undulating hula dancers, flanking the life sized portrait of Juan "au naturel" and our dear Juan is being grilled by Hillary's father. Are those his kids? Is he married, divorced, widower?

Juan manages to get in that he's a single father before the discussion moves on to his business dealings. And here I pretty much got lost, but Dad seemed to be quizzing Juan about how long he'd been with Farrell, what his business background was, his investments etc. Hillary was upset that her father kept up the third degree while Juan smilingly protested that it was quite all right. Then...ta dah..in walks "Sandro" and makes straight for Paula, all charm and smiles.

He jokes with Ana about the ukelele music, tells her not to worry, the party's great and he PROMISES to buy a painting. She protests that he shouldn't do any such thing if he doesn't like any.

Off in a corner, Gaytan and Ivonne are chatting and Pastor wheezes, Whatever gave them the idea of hiring Nidia!? Well, Ivonne laughs, for one thing she needed the money. Well, Pastor thinks the tropical theme is outlandish but the waiters(bare-chested and muscular, remember?) are great.

Herbierto arrives...paws the ground and snorts when he sees Ivonne but then complains about the skimpy food. They're called "canapés" sniffs Pastor. Fine, but let's go somewhere else and eat, replies Herbi. Ivonne declines but Pastor replies "de mil amores" (I'd love to!) and off they go.

Now Willy explains to Nidia that the man she was groping earlier is an art critic. She's incensed. Don't come here and criticize my friend Ana, she yowls. Willy pulls her away and explains carefully than an art critic evaluates art rather than attacking it.

Nidia switches the discussion to a topic she's more familiar with...passion! She advises Willy to make his move now...her friend needs it and wants it and times a'wasting.

Back to cranky Dad Paris. He wants to go. He hates the music, he hates the whole thing. Hillary wants to stay, things are just starting up. Let's just enjoy it. Impossible, he retorts.

At this point, the ukelele stops and some hot dance music comes on, thanks to Nidia. "Sandro" leads a protesting Paula out on the dance floor and Juan meets the challenge by asking Hillary to dance but Dad insists they're going home NOW.

A reporter noses up, asks if Juan is Hillary's boyfriend (or fiancé.."novio" can mean either) and Dad snaps that "NO, he's just a friend of the family" and Hasta luego and adios!

Juan muses that with a bitter dad like that, who suspects all men of wanting to use his daughter, that he's isolating Hillary from others.

Still crestfallen, Juan watches Paula dancing with Sandro and turns and asks Marely to dance with him. But she's not interested in being his "fall-back position" and snippily turns him down. He reasons that he really should be fighting for the one true love in his life but is not.

Things are going better for Angarita though. He tells Yadira that other than having Pastor's company, he's eaten alone 99 % of the time. His life has changed completely with Yadira.

She's happy to do whatever she can to pay him back for all he's done for her. But I don't want it to be an obligation, he protests. Are you a sheep in wolf's clothing or a wolf in sheep's clothing, she smiles. Just a wolf. No, I think you've got a big heart. But why are you doing this?

Your mother was the love of my life. You're her daughter, Nidia Michaela is her granddaughter. Other than Pastor, this is the closest I can come to family, he explains. Helping you has been my greatest happiness, he adds.

Hmmm...didn't look that way when you saw the lawyer's bills, Yadira quips.

Things are better financially at the gallery...in fact every painting has sold! Willy and Ana are over the moon, not to mention Nidia. Ever flirtatious though, she asks Willy if he has a twin brother, since she'd love to trade in her husband (can't fault her there).

And she adds, If things don't work out with you and Ana...well, call me! Nidia, growls Ana...Oh don't worry, Nidia replies, I always respect other people's property.

Now we move to a shot of Juan in bed...with Juanito...musing over the lost women in his life, while the only woman he has ever really loved is now in the arms of another. Well, not exactly Juan. She's hugging the teddy bear you gave her, while a tear trickles down her cheek.

Oh my, will these two adorable star-crossed lovers ever get together? You bet your sweet bippy they will but probably not until the last 15 minutes of the last show.

Now it's the next morning at Ana's house and Willy is reading the reviews which are great. Paula's on the phone with Nidia, congratulating her for her part in the success; and after Ana reads the glowing reviews as well, she calls out to Paula that she and Willy are going out to breakfast.

Nidia gives Paula some song and dance about how Ana's going to be spending the weekend off with her which confuses Paula but it's all a white lie so Paula won't worry when Mom doesn't come home that night. Alirio's fuming in the background thinking Nidia's cooking up something naughty but it's strictly her arrangement of a honeymoon for Willy and Ana.

And besides, she fires back, I'm working day and night (de sol a sol) to pay the mortgage on this house so belt up! I'm working too...and on a very important case! replies Alirio. (well, really, you can't shut either of them up)

Now we see a plane flying, obviously breakfast is going to be far far away...Vancouver perhaps. Yes, Nidia has packed Ana's clothes and a passport and booked a suite for them. One room!? dithers Ana. Okay, two, sighs Willy. No, one, she hesitates, no, two...no, one. Whew.

I didn't think you'd ever decide, adds Willy. I'm dying to be with you but I'm scared, she explains. I love you and I want to share my life with you, he replies. Good answer Mr. willy!

Now they're walking through a lovely park (have they gone to bed yet? curious minds want to know) and she's exclaiming what a marvelous place it is. Only what you deserve, he replies.

And tadah, he takes out that well-known little ring box and asks her to marry him. I never thought I'd hear something like that, she gasps. Should I say it a thousand times. Well, once more would be good. And so he does and she says "YES!" I'll compress the rest of the scene...they're walking by the water, she's musing how she never thought she would ever marry. Resigned herself to always being unwed.

Same thing for him. He thought he'd always be alone, but then he met her...and came back to Mexico determined to win her. Why now, why so late in life? she wonders. Maybe the best was saved for last, he replies.

And now the big smooch scene. Wanted to like it but goshdarnit, they both just looked really uncomfortable. Reminded me of the first time I kissed a guy who had braces. Not good. Sorry folks. On the other hand, Juan and Paula, I must say, do the job right.

Still, the conversation is good. Willy continues that he wants Ana to be his wife, traveling companion, friend, colleague. Is that all? she teases. And lover, he adds. More tight-lipped uncomfortable kissing. Oh well, guess there's a reason Muñoz usually plays the bad guy.

And speaking of uncomfortable, cranky Dad Paris is chewing out Juan big-time. Telling him his daughter is not a prize to be plucked off the shelf and if she ends up with Juan, don't get your hopes up! I'm not giving you a penney!

To Papa's surprise, Juan fires back just as big-time. I don't know if we'll end up together, he bellows, but if we do, it's certainly not for your filthy money.

And we end with Papa looking "muy pero muy impactado".

Labels:


Comments:
Yep, no captions here, either. Boy, was I ticked off! Must have been a national broadcast goof--they didn't flip the caption broadcast switch at headquarters.

I'll have read the recap later, though--and thanks for posting so fast. I have an eight-hour round trip drive for a two hour meeting but it's important to be face to face.

Jeanne
 

Wow, no captions? Very well done! I had CC (though they have been garbled for the past two weeks) but I never have them for the ads. Interesting.

It was kind of cute how Flor didn't even see Juanito's posturing and he didn't see her not seeing it because his eyes were closed.

"Bet your sweet bippy"...another Laugh-In reference!

I thought Nidia said that Willy was taking Ana to Cuernavaca which makes more sense than Vancouver (closer), but why would they fly there? On the other hand, what about the commercial lead-ins that show a smiling Willy obviously in the Vancouver location. Well, wherever they are it doesn't look like Vancouver to me.

My favorite scene was when Ana couldn't make up her mind between one hotel room or two. It was a very realistic scene and I thought Ana and Willy were sweet.

"Tight-lipped uncomfortable" kissing...not really the most romantic scene was it? I shut my eyes and pretended Ana was having more fun.

Marely, you go girl! Finally she gives Juan the brush-off, it's about time.

Thanks JudyB. You did a great job! I noticed a lot of the sayings they used last night are already on our vocabulary list which, by the way, has almost 650 entries! I wonder what would be the best way to post it to the blog. Any ideas anyone?
 

Well, I heard Nidia saying they were going to Cuernavaca but I thought that was just for Alirio and Paula's benefit.
And the British flag was flying and she needed her passport, so I figured they were using up the Vancouver budget. Who knows?

Then it occurred the me that while there, they might discover some clues (that the police missed...yeah, right) about Cesar Luis' pseudo death.

Stay tuned folks!

PS Wish I had some advice on how to post our marvelous vocab list that you put together, Sylvia...but as you know, my only computer skill is typing.
 

JudyB I think you're sleuthing may be on target. It really doesn't make sense to need a passport for Cuernavaca. The cast probably got a group trip to Vancouver where they filmed all their scenes in one fell swoop. I'm sure in between their romance Willy and Ana will have plenty of time to help crack the CL identity case. Ha!

Regarding the vocab list, I was poking around in gmail documents and I think there is a way to post the spreadsheet to the Caray blog. I'll practice somewhere else and see how it turns out. I think our list will be a great finale to all our hard work, don't you?
 

Haven't seen the show yet, so can't comment really, but thanks Judy B for switching with me, and sorry about the CC. We had them, so I'm sure it depended on the time zone of broadcast. I still can't imagine watching this in central time at 6pm! You all are dedicated.
 

Ooooh actually, I have a comment I can make. Guys might find this interesting as well. We are allowed to comment on surgical enhancements so I'm going share what I happened to catch last night. I've seen Mayrin Villanueva in telenovelas for years. In fact the very first time I saw her in only a bit role, I was so struck by her beauty, I thought to myself, yep, she'll go far. But what I couldn't reconcile was that I had always recalled her as not having an outstanding figure (not horribly unflattering, just not bikini model caliber); that her face was really her prize. When she came up in Juan I thought, hmm, didn't remember her being so "sexy", how about that.

Well I figured out what I was subconsciously confused about and now found an explanation for the proud displays of "milkshakes" to borrow Anon #1 term. If you haven't done so, and get the chance, set a tape for 1 am to record Nina Amada Mia on the Grandes Exitos slot. Our Pau is a lead actress in that, and I watched on it's first go around but seeing it again was an "AHA!" for me. Dare I say it? Nope, I'll leave it to your imagination or confirmation.
 

Yes, Fuego...I read about Mayrin's enhancements somewhere also...as well as Ivonne's.

Evidently there's no future for Hispanic actresses..or even female news anchors!!! without surgical improvement.

And actually, us folks here in Ohio watch Juan at 7 pm. And this is the first time it's ever come through without closed captions!!!! wouldn't you know it would be my time at bat.

Oh well, feel like I've earned some kind of merit badge, now...or at least "flown up" from Brownie to Girl Scout.
 

Willy and Ana are on Vancouver Island--Victoria. They walked through Butchert Gardens (I may have misspelled that) and are apparently staying at the Empress Hotel, which is one of my dreams.

Nidia said Cuernavaca to Paula to throw her off, according to what Nidia told Delirio. The totem pole is the Vancouver Island natives' work. I think I saw that one and the deafblind guy I was interpreting for "looked" at the bottom tiers. It was very familiar. We talked into the Empress to see if we could get tea, but our timeline before the ferry left again was too short.

Jeanne (been there for only five hours on a ferry tour)
 

JudyB, now I have time to read, and what a terrific recap with the obstacle of no captions when you’re used to them! Thanks! Love those asides, too!

“Paula's affection, her tenderness (Lordy, when have we seen that?!)” ROTFL! Never, ever!

“Nidia, as usual, completely unfazed by anything Alirio says, even when it makes sense....especially when it makes sense! Still she's a loyal mama...got to give her that.” LOL! That’s our Nidia. Why listen to logic when there’s….uh….something better. Illogic.

“Wuf! things just got warmer in here. Paula is remembering Juan's seduction (or was it Paula's seduction?) Well, whatever. I missed this the first time around” LOL! It was totally mutual and at least they gave you a second shot at it.

“I may have to take a break here.” Did you cool off with ice cream or something delightful like that?

“And now we're at the lush, Hawaiian themed, art gallery exhibit” I thought I was going to choke when I saw this mess. She thought of everything.

“Papa Paris is"muy offendido" and thinks Nidia is about the most vulgar woman he’s ever met!” Yeah, but hang around, sir, she grows on you. When she’s not hanging on you.

“She moves her hands along his shoulders and arms (Good Lord Nidia, hold your fire!)” ROTFL! I was worried there that the art critic would pan the exhibit just on account of this.

K, it's not so bad watching Juan in Central time if you set it to watch it later. ;-)

Jeanne
 

One more thing about Vancouver Island--it's off the coast of Canada, so you usually go by ferry--the same one CL was supposedly drowned on. I went on one like that from Seattle to Victoria, VI, BC.

Jeanne
 

Hope our lovebirds find a clue so they can blow Cesar's cover! Thanks for the Vancouver info, Schoolmarm..
 

Thanks, judyb for the recap, especially w/o subtitles. I had them, but they were pretty poor quality. (Also, judyb, I'm glad to know that i'm not the only one that detests Guapos. I actually turn the channel, even if I'm not going to be watching the tube til Fuego comes on at 9. That continual shreeking!) Just a quick note- yes, it's not Vancouver, but Victoria, the provincial capital of B.C. where Ana and Willy are now. Butchart Gardens is where the fountain scene was shot, both the town and the gardens are a must-see. Hmm, maybe Ana will find out something while there, but I think that Sandro will blow his cover, and go to Madrid with Marely, and who knows what will become of the wise businesssman CL (buying back 1/2 of Farell)I just hope that they don't pair Juan with Harpy-on-jet-fuel at the end...
 

Thanks for the location info y'all, it's very interesting. BC sure is a long way to fly for lunch, luckily telenovela time is in a time warp!
 

Dorado Dave, were you as enchanted, then, as I was with Victoria? What a lovely little city. I wish I had more time there and have always planned to go back one day and stay at the Empress. Tonight you could actually see the name of it on the screen, but it's so distinctive, I think I would recognize it even in the dark. The lovely large government building is absolutely phenomenal when it is lit up at night. (I made the most of the few hours we were there with 250 deafblind folks! The customs agents didn't know what the heck to do with us, since signing into a deafblind person's hands is slower than simply asking direct questions, they began shoving us through and didn't want us declaring stuff--both at Victoria and again at Seattle that night when we got back.)

Jeanne
 

Ugh. Well at least they did a good job on hers. I mean I thought they were awful round, but it never occured to me that they weren't real. Duh. Ivonne too? Oh well. Yeah, I know Ohio is Eastern but Jeanne and other folks watch at 6 so it reminded me. I had to do that before and it felt so odd for me. I would not even be home from work yet! I definitely would have to tape and watch later!!
 

Oh my gosh! Jeanne I'll bet that was interesting. Customs took forever without those communication difficulties I can't imagine swirling around in that line with 250 folks. You are a trouper. Just from tonight's I figured it was Victoria right off the bat because of the waterway, that one condo building and then no mountains or tall buildings like Vancouver City. It was confirmed when I saw the Empress. Very romantic place indeed. Still have to watch last night's, but why exactly did they go there???
 

Kris, it was the first time I had gone to the large meeting of deafblind folks, and it was an eye opener for me. I loved it! I didn't personally have to interpret for everyone, but each delegate to the meeting has a volunteer individual interpreter/guide as needed. This was nearly a quarter century ago. Nowadays I am unable to attend the meetings due to my work schedule, but it was always such a pleasure to go to them--hard work, yes, but a pleasure. And I got to see some interesting things in the process, like Victoria.

Jeanne
 

Ooops, forgot, Kris--they went for a romantic getaway, and Nidia had sneaked around and gotten a suitcase for Ana (don't ask me how since Paula had no idea, but we all know Nidia has her ways of getting things done), and Willy just whisked her off, telling her they were going for breakfast. He didn't tell her they were going to breakfast in Canada until later, apparently. Uh, and how did he get her passport without her knowing? Maybe Ivonne helped.

Jeanne
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder