Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Guapos: Monday 9/15/08- The end is near....

Mili had words with Rosela (Rosario) and decides she’s had enough. Mili heads home and comes upon Luci with the baby. She takes notice of the necklace little Rosario is wearing and reflects back on what Rosela told her about giving a gift to her daughter and giving the same gift to Mili’s daughter. Mili just can’t grasp the idea that this woman could be her mother…..even though Luci asks her if she’s sure her mother died. Mili can’t believe the people at the convent would lie to her. Luci, following the adage, you can lead a horse to water, doesn’t tell all to Mili. She’s leaving it to her to process it out. (Oh yeah, earlier, right when the show started, Luci tells Nestor that Rosela is really Mili’s mother---and yet another person knows the truth before Mili).

Rocky is upset that he and Val broke up and he bemoans to Horacio that there is no way Connie will let him in the mansion. Horacio says he’ll help.

Hugo goes to visit Bobby and asks for use of Bobby’s guitar playing ability in his ever complicated plot to find out if Karla will fall in love when money isn’t involved (I’m betting for a yes, because we only have so much time left in this novela).
Al talks to Padre Manuel, who encourages him to make amends with Nestor. PM tells Al that Nestor’s his brother, so Al’s his nephew.

Damian and Andrea scheme and plan to take flight the next day.

Val talks to Ramses II and finds out that he had a hand in getting Rocky and the girls together. Val is angry and tells Ramses that even though he’s good looking, she wouldn’t fall for him, even if he were the last man on earth---she loves Rocky and he’s the only one for her.

Mili goes to Padre Manuel and asks for the truth about what happened with her mother. PM doesn’t tell her, but in his not telling, he tells her. Mili goes to the chapel to pray. She doesn’t want this woman to be her mother, because if her mother didn’t die when she was born, then she abandoned her for many years. Al finds Mili in the chapel and alls well between the two of them.

Horacio sneaks Rocky into the mansion, but Connie catches them. Rocky tries to plead his case to Val. She’s willing to listen, but Connie insists on being privy to whatever conversation they have. Rocky doesn’t mind. He tells Val that he was drunk and she says that’s no excuse. He reminds her that after he’s had a few copas, what happens. Val remembers that he passes out, and she flings her arms around him---all is forgiven. Connie is incensed. He threatens Val, he’s going to take her credit cards away and disinherit her. She doesn’t care, she has all she needs in Rocky. They leave and Connie is once again steaming that his daughter is with the chauffer. He goes up to his room to pout. Andrea comes in and tries to play the proper part of a concerned lover, but her heart’s not into it….oh, that would be because she doesn’t have a heart. Connie goes on about how he’s still got Mili and he’ll tell her the truth, that he’s her dad. That’ll make everything better.

Rosela decides that she’s got to leave town. Paolo scolds her for fleeing from her problems once again, but she’s not listening. She decides to go take a gander at the soccer field prior to leaving….that’s where she saw Mili happy.

Mili tells Al that she thinks Rosela is her mother. Al says they need to talk and they head out to Rosela’s hotel. When they get there they find out, unlike the Hotel California, she’s checked out and left. Mili is distraught, she’s been abandoned all over again.

Connie finds out from the lawyer with the icky grandson (can’t remember his name, is it something like Robledo?---well you know who I’m talking about)….where was I, oh yeah, Connie finds out that Damian took Mili’s shares of the company, using that document he had Mili sign. AND, Damian has sold those, along with another 40% of the company shares (I think Luci’s and Al’s/ Hugo’s? can’t remember) to Rosela. Connie is incensed again----this woman has a majority share in his company all to the likes of Damian. He calls home and finds out from Andrea that Damian is home, he tells Andrea not to forewarn Damian, but Connie’s coming home to kick some butt. Unbeknownst to Connie, Andrea and Damian were in the middle of packing when the call came in, they throw the rest of the things in bags and head out…..leaving behind some 100 odd pair of Andrea’s shoes.

Bobby and Lina are disguised as hippies and they meet Hugo (in his bum clothes) in the park. They are waiting for Karla. Lina says she wishes that she could tell Socorrito that Karla is okay, but Hugo says that Karla has her pride (or something along those lines, as I truly doubt that Karla has pride, but this is after all the new kinder gentler Karla, so perhaps she does have some pride now….. I still doubt it, but I’ll just go along for the sake of it). Bobby and Lina compliment Hugo on looking out for Karla every night at the club.

Al suggests to Mili that Braulio might know where Rosela’s gone to. Mili shows some shock that Braulio knew her mom was back in town and not dead. Al tells Mili that not only did he know, but so did Al and Luci, oh yeah and Padre Manuel. They didn’t tell her because they thought it should come from Rosela and PM was sworn to secrecy under the rules of Confession.

Paolo calls Braulio and tells him that Rosela’s about to fly the coop, leave DF. Braulio is impactado. END OF EPISODE

Labels:


Comments:
So sorry this was late. I thought I would have a chance to get it posted during the day, but alas work got in the way of fun while I was at work. I hate when that happens.

It is once again a brief recap, so please, please, please fill in spots I missed or clear up areas were I'm confused.

I know I missed a bit of interplay between Hugo and Karla and also the whole rushed make-up between Al and Mili. Also, Mili's finding out Rosela is her mother was a kind of weird process. Anyone want to shed some light on that whole deal? Because, I'm a little lost....only thing I can figure is shock and denial.
 

Something really good was when Val was responding to Connie's threats to take away her credit cards, etc., she said something like, "I'm not like you, I won't throw away true love for money." THEN the kicker was he said "If you leave this house, forget you have a dad!" And she says, "Well, I could say the same to you, but it wouldn't matter since you've already forgotten a daughter once." OUCH!
 

Thanks so much, Cathy. I also hate it when work gets in the way of my life during work hours!

I can't clear anything up, because those are the same things I was confused about. I wonder if maybe it wasn't us, but some rushed action and messy editing. It was kind of weird...Al gets the choir kids to help him serenade Mili, she forgives him (it helps that she now realizes he is not having an affair), and then suddenly they're waking up together and Al says they should fight more often, because the making up is so excellent. Mili is all blushing, and says she doesn't want to fight, then gets up to check on the baby (who is looking totally sweet, as usual) and then commences the "THAT woman is MY MOTHER!?!?!!" freakout. Umm....okay. Miss Sanchez's eighth graders haven't gotten to the chapter on character and mood continuity.
 

I'll reiterate what I said on the other post--I was also baffled by the Al/Mili makeup followed by weird screaming session by Mili. But I think the writers are just needing to squeeze in an ending now.

Love when Hugo came over and Lina raced the maid to open the door. Lina as a pregnant hippie is also cute.

Thanks again for the recap, Cathy!
 

P.S. I'm still not sure how Mili knew Al was not having an affair--was it what Luci said to her?
 

Nina, I think it was just the combination of Ros is her mom/Al knew this...therefore that is the reason they have been meeting, not because there was anything torrid going on. Although I don't know why she isn't more mad that Al knew about Ros and didn't tell her. I would have given him hell--his loyalty should be to her, not to psycho future MIL.
 

Nina, just saw your comment on the other list...had I been Mili, I would have just stayed in bed to snuggle with Al. Why ruin that?
 

That was indeed a good parting shot that Val got in at Connie. He so deserves it.

I forgot about the kids serenading Mili and then she and Al going into a duet. They both have such lovely voices. I can honestly say, my former novios and I never broke out in song and harmonized so well together. Perhaps that is why I am single today---I'm still looking for the perfect harmony when I'm in a duet.
 

Damien and Andrea also left Consti a video to watch, of them in bed & naked(?) telling Consti that he's pretty much been hoodwinked, se puso los cuernos, etc. etc. etc.
Consti is watching this while D & A are making their getaway. While driving, (and I think I have this right because I was sewing and not watching every single minute) D & A started to kiss while driving and they crashed into a Very Large Truck.
I think (see disclaimer above) that Damien survived but maybe not Andrea.

doris
 

Well . . . I don't know why I thought this was the Tuesday recap. Aaaauuuuggghhhh!!! Major senior moment.

doris
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder