Monday, September 22, 2008

Querida Enemiga Monday Sep 22 - Who are you and what have you done with Ivan?

I know this is up super early, but I did it from Youtube as I have obligations around the house tonight that don’t leave me time to recap after the broadcast of the show. I think posting it just a couple hours before the show airs doesn’t count as a spoiler. If it does, please let me know and I’ll hold off next time.

OK I won’t make this post all about ME but I mentioned in Friday’s comments so the secret is out – I have a baby girl on the way, due between Christmas and New Year’s. Yay! My son has been asking for a little brother since he could talk (he’s almost nine now so that has been quite a while) but has accepted having a sister. I guess having 476 friends living within two blocks has softened his “it has to be a brother” stance. On with the show –

Alonso’s Lorena look-alike patient dies. Alonso tries to emote sadness and anger but it doesn’t really work.

Monica tries to tell Ern that he did the right thing with the kids, he’s not so sure. He mentions Lorena and Monica gets all jealous/bitchy about it. Ern tells her to shut off the lights when she leaves, peace out.

Alonso and his boss discuss the girl that died, she says he did all he could and shouldn’t feel bad. He cries anyway.

Maruja gets a phone call from Jaime that has a romantic tone, she gets off the phone when Rosy starts listening in. Rosy reproaches her but Lorena tells them to knock it off.

Ern’s sister calls him to complain that Alex is hitting her son. Ern tries to say maybe the other kid started it, the woman gets all mad about it. The nerve to suggest that her perfect little brats could possibly do anything wrong! Surely in the 12 hours he was taking care of the kids he turned them into hoodlums.

Maruja gets a text from Jaime and sighs happily, Rosy mocks her. Maruja admits to being ‘something’ with Jaime, Rosy is pissed. She can’t believe it after what ‘that man’ did to Julian’s family. There is about to be a huge rift between Maruja and Rosy here, I think. I suppose it is time for a couple new plotlines anyway, this beats amnesia. Please Hortensia don’t have amnesia, I’d like to see the end of this show to see what happens, don’t make me quit.

Vasco comes to see Jaime, he doesn’t know why Jaime is so happy if he’s getting divorced. Jaime tells him about Maruja, Vasco is happy for him. Vasco wants to have lunch together, but Jaime has to go see his novia.

Rosy jumps all over Lorena for knowing about Jaime and Maruja and not telling her. Lorena actually defends Jaime and says it’s Maruja’s business. Rosy isn’t at all ready to back down yet. She waves her hands around a lot, her nails look like claws.

Ern’s sister, who the other day knew so much more than him, who couldn’t believe he had the nerve to try and take care of the kids, etc etc, is now trying to dump the kids back on him. Some nerve. She makes excuses about the kids being difficult and her husband giving her an ultimatum to get the kids out of the house. I suppose her precious little angels are perfect and these normal kids are screwing it up. Sorry I guess you can tell I hate it when parents think their own kids are above reproach. I’ll always defend my kid(s), but I’ll be the first one to admit that they screw up and do stupid stuff just as much as other kids do. They’re kids! Sister says if Ern won’t take them, she’s taking them to an orphanage. These same kids that the other day didn’t belong anywhere in the world but with her. Hypocrite. Ern says he’ll take them back right away.

Jaime arrives at Maruja’s house and gives her a kiss. Things certainly have moved along in two weeks! They talk business, she will be the chef, he’ll be the business man, they think they are going to be a big hit. They hug and Rosy walks out and sees it, scowling. She drops about 1,000 pounds of attitude on them as she leaves.

Dario is being really stupid. He’s whining to Paula that if she won’t move to is apartment (she refuses to sleep where that slut Jackie slept and I agree with her) then why won’t she invite him back to the house? She says divorce first, then we’ll talk. Yeah sheesh. I can’t believe him. She wants him to be patient and he is being bull headed and won’t listen. I guess if you’re a cheater maybe you don’t understand these things the way you would if you were on the other end of it. He wants her to have confidence in him. Uh yeah, like before when you were screwing that whore?

The kids all return to Ern’s house. The kids, understandably, want to know what’s the deal with all the moving around and wet blanket Ivan says they’re headed for an orphanage soon enough. Ern says no, they can stay here forever. The little kids have a happy reunion with the housekeeper. She takes them off so Ern can talk to Ivan. Ivan is as rude as ever. Ern wants to have peace, but Ivan doesn’t cooperate.

The little kids tell the housekeeper that it was crappy living with Gladys. The kids think Ern is a bad guy but housekeeper defends him.

Bettina shows Toribio some more of the workings of the dating site and the internet. He wants privacy so she leaves. Toribio makes an internet call to some lady and chats with her.

Paula visits Alonso at work. He tells about the girl dying from leukemia. She tells him that Dario wants to come back to the house.

The poor little girl (can’t remember her name) thinks Ern is going to send her away again for eating a cookie outside of the kitchen. Ern says no and talks nice to the kids, Ivan is grosero like always. They make the sleeping arrangements. Ivan acts like he’s playing his PSP (handheld video game), but I have one too and you can’t play it while leaning on one elbow on a bed. You can’t move around right that way.

Sara arrives at clinic #23 looking for Alonso. Bruno happily tells her that the patient died.

At the restaurant in the kitchen, Lorena tells Maruja that Ern isn’t coming to work but she doesn’t know why and no she won’t call him. Maruja thinks that them fighting is stupid.

Alonso tries to push out a dump. No wait, he’s not constipated, he’s sad. Sara tries to say that she’s sorry for Florencia dying but Alonso isn’t biting. She tries to use this as a pretense to seduce Alonso again, since he is stupid he accepts her kiss and kisses her back. Then finally after the commercial breaks away. He gets his head straight again and tells her to get lost. Sara huffs and puffs and leaves.

Ern’s housekeeper is cleaning the carpet, Ern tells her not to worry about it. She thinks he has been reprogrammed by aliens. Ern says with kids around he’s going to have to be more practical about this sort of thing. In general I agree with him, but I still have a no shoes/no food rule in my own house for carpeted areas. I don’t get into a tizzy like Ern, but my son isn’t allowed to eat nacho Doritos on the couch in front of the tv either. And so you don’t think I’m an ogre, my huge TV is easily visible from the kitchen, where he can gorge on chips to his heart’s delight. The housekeeper wants to know if he told Lorena yet, but he says no, he doesn’t want her to think he brought the kids back just to get her back, because that isn’t why anyway.

Paula, wearing a wonderfully tight sweater (whoever said the other day about her shirt being good for me to see was right), meets Dario for lunch and says he can move back to the house and she’ll do everything she can do to make it work. Her “live for today” talk with Alonso has inspired her I guess. Dario says he isn’t the same idiot that failed her before, he has seen the light. Paula doesn’t look like she’s so sure of what she just said, like “oh crap what did I just do.”

Alonso’s boss tries to cheer him up, this is something doctors have to deal with. She says this might help – she tells him that he’s the top candidate for a scholarship to some medical course in Quebec. I’m sure it’s some advanced medical thing that is a big deal, but with my regular people Spanish skills, I didn’t understand all the medical terminology she used. I’m also watching on Youtube with no captions. Someone will have to help me out here. If he wants to go, he has to decide right now because he’d have to leave tomorrow. For some reason he is actually waiting and thinking about it. Let me give you a hint you dumbass – YES. Some free way to travel AND advance your career? AND get away from the crazy woman who won’t leave you alone? What’s to think about?

Ern tries to serve breakfast. Like anyone with kids knows, it’s complicated. Who sits where, what to eat, etc. Somehow Ivan even isn’t his usual ass self and even cracks a joke.

Lorena and Rosy start talking about Rosy’s wedding. Rosy wants Lorena in charge of food of course, but there isn’t a lot of money to go around.

After a happy breakfast, the little kids run off and Ern gives Ivan his own set of keys and tells him that he loves him, and gives him a hug. I guess this works, because Ivan says he loves Ern too and apologizes, he’s angry at life and about his parents, etc. Basically all the stuff we all knew but Ivan finally fesses up to it. They have another hug.

Paula tells Bettina that Dario is moving back home. Toribio doesn’t like it, but it’s Paula’s decision and he will honor it. Too bad in real life this doesn’t really ever happen, if any kids are watching this show they will think that if they nag enough daddy will come back home. Dario arrives, he couldn’t wait. Toribio smiles, because at least Bettina is happy.

Alonso comes into his office, Lorena is sitting there waiting for him. I suspect dream sequence, we go to commercial. Nope, I was wrong. She is returning the money he gave her school for her ‘beca’. He doesn’t want it. She thanks him anyway, since it allowed her to begin her studies. She wants to leave, he wants to talk about ‘us’. She says no, sorry, nothing to talk about, then she leaves.

Ivan asks Fanny where Lorena is. Fanny doesn’t answer, Ivan says did Ern choose the other, Monica? No no no. Fanny hopes that Ern gets back together with her. She makes it sound like Lorena broke up with Ern because he got rid of the kids and that he got the kids back just for her. So Ivan is sure to go back to his sullen ways.

Alonso goes over to Paula’s house, she is still wearing that great sweater. Everyone else is busy, so he just tells her – he’s going to Canada to study. He’d be happier but the whole Lorena thing…. Paula hopes he finds some Canadian hottie to help him forget.

Black Widow neighbor lady finds Toribio on the elevator and cries, he says he can’t forgive her for what she did.

Chalo and Barbara enter some room at the mansion and make out. Chalo makes me crazy with the way he talks. They hear footsteps and Chalo hides behind some furniture. It’s Sara, looking for Chalo. She wants to fire him and find someone else for his job. Barbara says no, he needs the work and “he’s a good driver.” Yeah Barbara, I know what you’re talking about. She runs Chalo down to Sara to cover her tracks, which Chalos doesn’t like. After Sara leaves he acts offended, he’ll only be mollified by her calling him ‘mi Rey’, which she does. Barf. This kid is a good actor but all scenes with Chalo make me feel slimy. They make out some more. Chalo says he’ll straighten things out with Sara.

Ivan shows up at the restaurant kitchen looking for Lorena. He wants to apologize for being mean and rude to her. He says he and his brother and sister are with Ern again, and that Ern didn’t tell her so it didn’t look like he was doing it to try and get her back. I’m surprised – I thought after the housekeeper ran her mouth before that Ivan would get cynical again and think Ern was doing all this for Lorena and his ‘I love you’ talk was for show. I guess I was wrong. So here is Ivan trying to help Ern out.

Chalo goes to see Sara, she has already figured out that Chalo and Barbara are getting it on. She teases him, Chalo tells her to watch it.

Lorena accepts Ivan’s apology. He says Ern loves her, then ducks out. Lorena tells Maruja and Rosy the good news, that the kids are back with Ern. They all get happy about a potential reconciliation between Lorena and Ern.

Toribio has returned to Alonso’s house, Alonso is happy about that. Alonso tells him about his trip to Canada.

Lorena brings something to Ern in the kitchen, he starts to say something, then says something kitchen related. Lorena is sad, she was hoping for some kind of apology or something.

Paula is wearing nice nightclothes, revealing t-shirt and pajama pants, but Dario is wearing old man pajamas. Nobody dresses for bed like that for real, do they? I haven’t owned a proper pair of pajamas since I was ten years old. Is it just me? Do people have the full on button shirt pajamas still, as grownups? Anyway Paula is nervous, so she claims to not be ready for bed yet, but Dario is obviously horny. He tries to be nice and say that nothing will happen that she doesn’t want, but doesn’t she want it to happen? He carries her to bed, she complains about his cold feet, and they start making out. Bettina barges in without knocking, good thing Dario still has the old man pajamas on and was under the covers. She wants to sleep with them, Paula says she isn’t two years old any more! Bettina says she wants them to hold her and promise that they’ll never be separated again. Dario says ok, but just for tonight. All three of them climb into their barely bigger than a twin size bed.

Alonso stares at a picture of Lorena and tries to emote again. Doesn’t work.

After work Ern finds Lorena, who just smiles at him and starts kissing him. I guess she is ready for more Ern. Ern, who is much smarter than Alonso, doesn’t ask why she changed her mind, he just goes with the flow.

Tomorrow – no idea. I did this recap from Youtube so there was no preview. I hope we get some scenes with Arturo, Jackie, and other assorted slimy people, often what the bad guys are doing is more interesting than the wooden faced lead actor and his angst. Oops did I say that out loud?

Labels:


Comments:
Congratulations Ferro!!! I'm happy for you and Mrs. Ferro. The recap was great as always. I also like Chalo's acting, but I love Hortensia the most. She is one of those characters that you love to hate. I'm wondering if the writers have noticed that the audience likes Ernesto better that Alonslow and that is why they are sending him away…One can always hope.
 

FYI, you can delay the recap's publication by entering a different "post date and time" under Post Options.

But people on the west coast see "early" recaps all the time, so I don't think it's a big deal?

Anyway, I'm kinda glad you posted this early, because I wasn't sure if I wanted to see this one (fallout from child's death), but now it sounds like I don't want to miss it.
 

Yes, I like the early recap idea too...and I loved you "dropped a 1000 pounds of attitude" quip. In fact I totally enjoy your shoot from the hip style.

Have you and Señora Ferro picked out a name yet? Not that it's any of my business but I'm baby crazy and knew from the getgo that if my kids had a boy second time around they were naming it Jack. So it wasn't a secret. All of Charlotte knew (and half of Columbus)
 

Thanks, Ferro for the earlybird special recap...early, late, whatever,,,As long as I can read a recap, I'm happy. Congrats on the upcoming baby girl. As the mother op0f daughters, I can highly recommend them. Little girls have their daddies wrapped around their tiny fingers the moment they arrive , and hub can tell you that you will never be unwrapped. He continues to be our daughters' hero. So, looks like Alonslo is headed north. Canada is a BIG country. They could have been a little more specific, no????...Tornto, Quebec, Montreal, Ottawa, Vancouver ????...no...just Canada. Gladys must be quite a pill. She made that big protest about having the kids live with her, and now, a few days later, she's changed her mind. I know people like her. And, how old is Bettina???...You'd think that she'd be old enough to realize that if she really wants daddy back home that she should give the folks a little private time. As for pjs, I think that Ozzie Nelson was the last guy I saw wearing them.
 

CONGRATS, CHRIS!!!!
 

Congrats, Chris. I'm not even watching this, but I saw your news.
 

Thanks for the recap Ferro and congrats on your daughter. If its any comfort for your son, I had hoped my younger sister would be a brother. All I can say is I'm so glad I got a sister because she's the best sibling in the world.

It's amusing to me that the writers are sending Alonslow away. We already like Ern better so how is sending our dumb doctor away going to help the story line. It's not like absence will make our hearts fonder of the poor doctor.
 

Thank you all for your congrats, I'm so excited.

Julie (and everyone else) - the death scene was at the very beginning, the only other extremely uncomfortable part was seeing Chalo make out with Barbara. Yuck.

Susanlynn - Boss Lady did tell Alonso he was going to Quebec the first time she talked to him, after that though they all just said 'Canada'. I'm not in love with Ern like the rest of you, but from a logical perspective he is obviously the right choice for Lorena. I would love for Alonso to just disappear.
 

Am I going nuts, Ferro, or didn't you already mention the baby a few months ago?

The thing in Quebec is a bariatric surgery course. I don't imagine he'll be gone very long. Unfortunately.
 

The joke before breakfast: the kids pretend to hate what he's planning to serve for breakfast, then they all pretend to hate where he wants them to sit, and then Ivan tells Ernesto that they always pray before breakfast. Ha, ha, ha!! Those little scamps.

That sounds like something my sister and I would have done. We're lucky nobody abandoned us at an orphanage.
 

And the reason Ivan wasn't upset about what the housekeeper said is because she also told him that Ernesto didn't want Lorena to know that he got the kids back. He didn't want her to think that he only did it because of her.
 

I am happy that Alonslow is going away, even if it makes no sense that he is interested in biariatric surgery. Maybe in the end, he will do a stomach by-pass on Zulema. (Just joking). From trying to cure leukemia to bariatric surgery-- for someone who seems so dumb, he certainly has a wide range of medical interests...

I liked the way Lorena handled both Alonslow and Ernesto. She is really becoming quite a woman lately.

I think the fact that Don Toribio is against Paula's going back with Dario makes me feel it's not going to last.Although he was foolish with the Merry Widow, he as a therapist usually has shown good judgement about people and relationships.
 

I thought bariatric surgery seemed pretty strange too, but there was an offer to send one person to this course, and Dr. Lady thought he was the perfect candidate.

Even though he has a position of responsibility? Is she going to give his job away when he's gone too? ;-)
 

No problem posting early. Definitely doesn't count as a spoiler if it's on the same day as the show.

If Snorty turns out to have amnesia I'm sure she will be faking it. Something tells me she is already planning Sara's "reward" for pushing her down the stairs.

Ivan surprised me too, I kept waiting for him to self-destruct as he usually does. He reminds me of myself at his age. My limit for self pity was about three days. After that I grew weary of myself and usually snapped out of whatever funk I was in. I would never want to be a teenager ever ever again, not even to be able to eat a cow and not gain a pound. I much prefer being a shrewd, crusty old broad.

I've noticed Alonslow seems a better actor next to his boss. She is even more wooden than he is. Weird because the secondary actors are often quite good, they just get pigeon-holed because of the way they look.

Excellent recap Ferro and great translation from youtube. Thanks!!
 

I can't let your comment about [re. Toribio] mental-health providers, e.g. therapists, usually having pretty good sense about character judgment, go without response. I am one so I can tell you we have no immunity to stupidity. There are as many of us making poor judgments as are making healthy ones.

Emily
 

Thanks for that insight, Emily. We have a tendency to make gods of our doctors and therapists, so your disclaimer was much appreciated.

Look forward to hearing from you again.
 

Thanks Sylvia.
Julie - I caught all that about Ern not saying anything etc etc but I thought for sure Ivan would latch on to the part about not telling Lorena and twist it to mean that Lorena was EXACTLY why he got the kids back and isn't telling her in order to appear noble. Doesn't that sounds like Ivan-think to you? But I should have realized that in the black and white novela world Ivan had been re-written earlier this same episode as "Nice kid" Ivan so he wouldn't do that. I keep expecting characters to act like real people! What am I thinking.

Also, it's entirely possible that I let slip some mention of my upcoming baby a while back. If my wife is to be believed, I have no control over what I say at any given moment and my memory is zero. So it's possible.
 

You probably mentioned the baby in emails when we were all trying to work out the Fuego recap schedule. Well, congratulations again!

I was taken aback by Ivan's behavior last night too - it's like he got hit on the head between scenes. I remember having some mood swings as a teenager, but I don't think they ever swung that fast!
 

Sincere congratulations Ferro. I wish you and your growing family all the best. Your recap was great. I really loved this episode - Lorena and Ernesto reunited and Sara is once again out in the cold. Perhaps Alonso will return from Canada with more than 2 facial expressions? We can only hope. Diana in MA
 

Excellent recap. I enjoyed this episode a lot. There were many happy moments, with Jaime and Maruja, Ernesto and Ivan, Dario and Paula, Ernesto and Lorena, Barbara and Chalo (well, I don't know about that one). Ferro, you didn't see the previews, but it looks as if Sara's messing with the cooking contest entries, maybe putting something malo in Lorena's. So bye-bye happy stuff!
 

Ferro, how exciting that you found out your baby is a girl. Now you can pick names and purchase things that aren't green or yellow. And girl's baby clothes are always so much cuter than boy's clothing. I usually read the recaps but catch QE now & then. You are always entertaining. G in CA
 

The real reason I needed to know if we were having a boy or a girl was to know if I needed to buy Cubs, Bears, and NIU Huskies apparel in team colors or in pink. Pink it is. My baby girl has to be decked out properly on game day. Yes I already have the proper gear for my son, of course. He has better gear than I do.
 

Congratulations, another Ferro!!! How exciting for you both!!

Nice job on the miniscreen youtube no captions recap! Full snark and all!

Thanks for taking the time to post early. I'll try that next time if I can...I don't like to see them early, but I can just ignore them, that hasn't been too hard for me with this novela.;0

I'm sure other people who don't get as much out of the dialog do appreciate having it before airing time to know what they are seeing.

Syl I'm with you, I noticed a year or so ago that I turned a corner and definitely fall into the crusty old broad category right along with ya, I'm not sure if I like it or not. No need for teen days, but the misty eyed, innocent ignorant, not afraid to do anything 20's early 30's weren't sooo bad.... :)
 

Well realy exciting for everyone, brother included!!!
 

Thanks for the re-cap and congrats from me too Chris!

I think Zulema will be getting the bariatric surgery, anyone else think she's got a fat suit on? Maybe we'll see a miraculous transformation.

Okay, I was totally loving the sweet scenes with the kids, and if I didn't like Ernesto before, which I did, I really like him now. Ivan became very sympathetic, and his skin even looked like it cleared up from his pool hall days.

This episode was almost all good stuff, the evil people are taking a break....
randy, sea.
 

Ferro, recapping from YouTube is just fine with us! It’s a great recap and your snark always makes my day! Plus, a couple of hours early can’t make it a spoiler, anyway—just as you say. I howled with laughter at a couple of places no proper schoolmarm would dare backquote, but trust me, they hit me.

Wow, will your son have an interesting Christmas with a new baby sister. It’s a good age difference, but your pobrecita daughter better look out when she comes of an age to date—protective older brothers are worse than protective Papas. I know this from watching my nephew with his 6 year younger sister.

“Alonso and his boss discuss the girl that died, she says he did all he could and shouldn’t feel bad. He cries anyway.” I wondered how many onions he had to peel first.

“Ern’s sister, who the other day knew so much more than him, who couldn’t believe he had the nerve to try and take care of the kids, etc etc, is now trying to dump the kids back on him.” Gladys is his brother-in-law’s (may he rest in peace) sister, not Ern’s. That doesn’t explain why she’s such a pill, though.

“They hug and Rosy walks out and sees it, scowling. She drops about 1,000 pounds of attitude on them as she leaves.” LOL! She’s a pill, too, lately.

“Ivan acts like he’s playing his PSP (handheld video game), but I have one too and you can’t play it while leaning on one elbow on a bed.” LOL! Who KNEW accountants actually do fun things?

“(whoever said the other day about her shirt being good for me to see was right)” That was me, probably. I was very tasteful about how I stated it, though. ;-)

“often what the bad guys are doing is more interesting than the wooden faced lead actor and his angst. Oops did I say that out loud?” ROTFL!

Randy in Seattle, I think you've got it--I was thinking the bariatric surgery would be for Zulema, too.

Jeanne
 

LOVE that title!

Jeanne
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder