Friday, October 24, 2008

Doña Bárbara - Thurs., Oct. 23- DB hatches a new plan to get Santos; Pernalete hatches a new plan to get Antonio to marry Federica

I'm having real trouble keeping up with DB posts and I think Novelera and I are the only ones reading them. But some stuff happened in last night's episode so I do that one and fill in from previous episodes as necessary.

DB and Santos both end up in San Fernando - she to buy a wedding dress as part of her plan to make Santos jealous by marrying Quita-Dolores (QD). Santos is in Fernando to complain to the Governor about Pernalete's treatment of Antonio. Pernalete had him arrested and savagely beaten. Pernalete sends DB a telegram asking her to help him against Santos' accusations. While Santos is talking to a judge (played by the guy who was Calixto on PdG), DB has gone to the Governor and given him a bribe. Santos sees DB leaving when he goes to see the Governor. He gets no satisfaction out of the Governor who is holding DB's bag of money.

DB and Santos are both sleepless that night in adjacent rooms in the hotel. Finally, Santos goes to DB and once again he can't resist his desire for her and they have a night of pasion. The next morning DB finds the telegram that Pernalete sent and he is furious. DB blames the way she turned out on having had to live in the rough world of the Arauca while Santos had it easy in the big city. Santos says that the city has bad people too. He says that he realizes that DB will never change and that there is a great chasm between them that sexual desire alone cannot bridge.

Meanwhile Federica is at Altamira taking care of Antonio who Santos managed to get out of prison and who is recovering at Altamira. Federica does nothing but talk about her pregnancy and suggest that Cecilia is menopausal. Furious, Marisela brings the experienced Casilda to look at Federica while she is taking a bath. Casilda can see right away by the condition of Federica's breasts and nipples that she isn't pregnant.

Marisela throws her out of Altamira.

Mujiquita discovers Pernalete in bed with Josefa and now he knows that the whispers were true.

Santos has met Nestor, a journalist in San Fernando, and he is bringing him to Altamira to expose the evildoings of Pernalete and DB. Does the actor look familiar? It took me a while but that is the actor who played Leandro in PdG! Here is a picture of the actor as Nestor in DB
and as Leandro in PdG.
Josefa tells Federica that she will take care of discrediting Casilsa's opinion on Federica's pregnancy. Federica must have sex with every guy she can to actually get pregnant.

Cecilia says that she believes that Antonio didn't get Federica pregnant.

Mujiquita is now secretly working against Pernalete. He starts to tell Santos and Nestor things that Pernalete has done.

Balbino Paiba tells QD that DB has money hidden in the walls. QD goes into the witchcraft room and sees the picture of the rapists and recognizes Chepo, now a fake religious healer. He gets caught searching in DB's room. When DB gets back, she expresses her displeasure until she finds out that he knows Chepo. Then she gives him a second chance.

Marisela's mare has a colt and that prompts Marisela to contrast the way the horse takes care of the foal with the way her mother abandoned her. Santos tells Marisela that it was DB who was the loser since she didn't get to know her beautiful, intelligent daughter. Marisela is moved that Santos thinks of her that way.

Pajarito tells the terneras that the well of sighs is a magical place where DB swims to keep herself looking young. The terneras go there to swim and the Altamira vaqueros get an eyeful.
DB comes to the school to see Marisela and convinces her that she is sorry for the way she has treated her since she was born. She asks Marisela to forgive her. Marisela is overcome that her mother finally shows her some affection and is ready to forgive her. DB is just putting on act to get Santos, though.
Meanwhile, Pernalete has a plan to get Antonio back in jail.

Labels:


Comments:
Dear Jean; Thanks for the recap --although people are not writing in, some --like myself--are watching and appreciative of your effort. I switched from FELS to this and was disappointed when it switched to 8:00 Pm because I was beginning to get into CUIDADO. DB is such an interesting character and I think Edyth gonzalez is great in making her multi-dimensional. NJ Sue
 

Just to show my appreciation. I read your summaries even though I don't comment often.
 

i'm here.
i read your blog on a regular basis.
you keep it real.
and it brings lots of laughter.
keep up the good work
 

Same here Jean , I regularly read your blog. Thank you for all your
input- very much appreciated indeed.
 

Thanks, Jean. Now that DB has moved to 8.00 , I get to watch it more frequently since it is sandwiched in between QE and Fuego on Univision. I appreciate your screen caps and recap since I still can't understand much Spanish.
 

Thanks Jean, I appreciate the recap and great photos!

I always watch DB and read the summaries/comments, even when I have to travel and don't write in. This is one of the best novelas I've seen so far...
jb
 

Jean, I really appreciate your efforts. Although I must confess, I am mostly in it for the really sexy pictures. That one the other day of Mario Cimarro "au naturel" added a glow to my whole day. Keep up the fine efforts, please, please.
 

Hello Jean,
I just want to let you know that I rarely comment, but I do read your re-caps, and I appreciate all your work. DB is currently my favorite novela; I also watch QE and Abrazame Muy Fuerte on Telefutura. I used to watch FEL, but I could no longer take the tedium of it. Thank you for your hard work. You make DB all the more enjoyable.

MC,in CA
 

I read this blog everyday at work while I drink my coffee. I work really long hours but if you need help posting, I write a little and send it to one of you guys. I don't know how to do the pictures though.
 

So good to have another post, Jean, and don't feel guilty if real life interferes with posting about telenovelas! Although I did feel a bit sad that you were posting El Cuerpo del Deseo and not Doña Bárbara. I watched El Cuerpo when it was on the first time and felt about it sort of the way I feel about Fuego en la Sangre. I've invested time, so I'm suffering until the end. I don't know why, but I just can't get into Mario Cimarro. I acknowledge that he's handsome, but he seems to me an even worse actor than Yáñez.

In contrast, I think Christian Meier is absolutely adorable and believable as whatever character he portrays. I was enchanted with him in Zorro and am enjoying his portrayal of Santos. DB is the novela I'm enjoying the most since Pasión. I don't think it's only because I'm reading the book at the same time. The thing just roars along in plotting and pace. I even like the music more than any other novela!
 

Couldn't agree with you more Novelera! Christian is yummy and believable. Zorro was fun and I like the two lead characters in DB much better than Pasion. Each night is full of new interesting stuff...
jb
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder