Friday, November 21, 2008

Doña Bárbara, Thurs., Nov. 20 - DB and Luisana exchange insults; Marisela reacts badly to the news of Cecilia & Lorenzo's wedding

Luisana, looking good with her two studly bodyguards, tells DB how bad she looks. DB comes back with, "Santos is mine, mine, mine." Lusisana suggests that Santos is with DB for pity; the same reason he almost married her. Luisana gives back the curse that DB put on her and brags on her riches and power. Melquiades tries to get into the room to tell DB that Santos has been arrested by what they refer to as the "political police." Once Luisana hears that, she rushes of there to use her influence to get Santos released.

Meanwhile Santos is getting beat up by Melendez and his henchman when he won't confess to being part of the rebel group. All of a sudden, Melendez gets order from above to let Santos go.

DB is crazy with worry about Santos. She leaves the hospital against medical advice and heads to the building where Santos is being held to get him released herself.

Santos is sent to an office where he finds Luisana. Santos apologizes to her for the way he treated her. She tells him that she made the right decision to marry the super rich Tony. She tells him that he should leave DB before it's too late and that DB is a killer and evil. Luisana says that she had wanted to spit in Santos' face when she saw him again but not anymore. She says goodbye to him forever.

DB is out of her area of influence and is making a futile effort to bribe the guard in front of the building where Santos is being held. Melquiades tries to get her to leave before Chepo or Melendez sees her. Luisana breezes out and insults DB's pathetic efforts. Then Santos appears. He is upset that she left the hospital and wants to know how she found out he had been arrested. DB evades answering.

Back at Altamira, Cecilia and Lorenzo decide to go to San Fernando and get married right away. Marisela makes a futile effort to convince them that this is a mistake and says that she won't participate in the ceremony. Then she goes to tell Antonio what is happening.

Meanwhile, Maria Nieves has a quickie and gets the warning from Federica. Casilda sees MN coming out of Federica's house and passes this information on to Marisela.

DB and Santos make love. DB says that she isn't looking for vengeance on Chepo. DB also tells Santos that she wants to have his baby. She says that maybe this time she will be a good mother.

Melquiades kidnaps Chepo.

The next day Santos has a business meeting that will last all day. DB says that she will go out shopping and even promises to get a nice gift for Marisela to try and heal their relationship. Where she actually goes, however, is to where Melquiades is holding Chepo and promises him a long agonizing death.

Gonzalo finds Santos coming out of the hotel.

Melendez receives a report on Santos. He is interesed in the woman with whom Santos is staying at the hotel. He wants to send Chepo to check her out but he is told that Chepo has shown up for work yet.

Labels:


Comments:
I know I'm being selfish but I miss the pics! I enjoy my daily dose of Marisela even though I have no idea what's happening in this show. From my glimpses I know that Marisela is DB's daughter and for some reason DB is a bitch to her, and that they both want to have sex with Zorro. How far off am I?
 

Not too far off, Chris. DB has already had sex with Zorro while Marisela just wants to. DB hates her daughter Marisela apparently because she hates the girl's father.
I'll do pictures when I have time or something especially photogenic occurs.
 

Thanks for the reply - I'm sure the pics take forever, like I said I'm just being selfish. Do you have a regular group of people watching/commenting on this show? I might watch but one show keeps me too busy already. I've never tried to watch two.
 

I haven't been watching from the beginning, but yesterday's comments made me think that I am wrong about Santos being in love with dona B. The comments suggested he is in "lust" with her.
But I think the caring way he treats her, and his understanding her reality but going ahead with the relationship in spite of his doubts and what everyone else says suggests more than lust to me. Thanks Jean --with or without pictures.
NJ Sue
 

Ferro, Doña Bárbara is by far the best telenovela on TV right now, in my opinion. And I speak as someone who's watched them for six years now. I love the ones by Carla Estrada with Fernando Colunga, but DB is right up there with those novelas.
 

Ferro~~~I never saw Zorro because I did not get Telemundo when it was on. I did not realize that Santos was Zorro. At first, I thought he looked a little like a silverbacked gorilla when he scowled, but the guy is beginning to look pretty good to me. He is now fourth in line of my telenovios [1 Fernando 2]Eduardo 3] Marcelo. I started getting Telemundo a few months ago [big surprise to me] and surfed into Edith Gonzalos on a horse looking fierce [Edith was looking fierce..not the horse]. I am intrigued by the short darkhaired psychotic-looking guy who is constantly by her side and who reminds me of the woman on Mad Tv . I am watching more regularly now that DB is on at 8 and not competing with Fuego [which just keeps getting weirder and weirder but Eduardo keeps me watching]. I think you'd like the show. Besides Marisela, there are several other hotties.
 

Sysanlynn, just curious, who is Marcelo? I guessed both Fernando and Eduardo, are Colunga and Yanez respectively right? I think Christian Meier is weird looking but attractive, he grows on you. Zorro was really bad though, at least IMO. If Telemundo ever repeats La Tormenta I recommend it. It is by far CM's best role and performance. I am ver much into DB, it is a strange novela but higly entertaining ;)

Sue: I do believe Santos feels a combination of lust and compassion for DB. And I think he truly believes he is in love with her, because he has never been in love, so his feelings could be easily mistaken for love. Or one could say, they are part of it, so in a way he does love her.

Thanks for the recaps Jean
 

Thanks Jean, glad you haven't given up on us.

Ferro, this one is worth watching! I agree Novelera, this is an excellent novela. probably because they seem to be basically following the book. Lot's of eye candy for both sides, beautiful scenery, action, drama, intrigue, etc. A lot happens every day and there is very little repeat, except for Cecilia and Antonio.

I suppose there are many different types of love. Santos being such a good person, is treating her in a loving/compasionate way, but he's battling with what he knows to be true inside. Which is that DB is bad, very bad and he can't love that...
jb
 

Hi Jean - Thanks for your posts
they are so good & to the point.
I agree with the last comment by Anonymous- Santos is battling his feelings for DB`s dark side. But his other battle which he keeps hidden & undercover i think, is Marisela. Didn`t he just have some uncomfortable twitch when Gonzalos asked for M`s hand to Santos ? what was their exact conversation & did G say he would go to
Altemira ?? Santos seemed so annoyed with G at first, referring to la ninia, then parted as fiends with G... Sorry I unfortunately do not speak Spanish & miss out on so many details. Yet I love this
novela & follow it thanks to your great posts !
 

Anonymous 11:37~~~Marcelo is Marcelo Cordoba who was Marco Luis's bodyguard in Alborado , and he was also in Pasion and Amar sin Limites. He is muy guaypo.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder