Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Dinero March 9: "Nobody makes my mother cry." Aww.

From yesterday: Rafa spits the too-sweet coffee in the janitor's face, ugh. He goes home and sees the funereal faces - finds out Marco called, crowing that tomorrow they'll be out on the street. "You haven't complied, he said, so you'll go to jail." Vicki squeals: "We'll NEVER get married!"
  • Rafa, betrayed, tells Jaime about the lovely apology Ale made this very same night: "She touched me - right here - I can still smell her - she congratulated me - her pearly smile..." he flashes back to the great time they had at the wedding... He tells Jaime how close he came to kissing her, but he didn't dare... "I thought she'd stopped hating me, but I'm an imbecile! But she'll hear from me tomorrow!"

  • Marco's night out on the town with Ale is tepid at best. She's mad at him. She will only drink water, and since she says it's bad luck to toast with water, there will be no toasts. He gets crabby about her drinking with Medina - she says it was business-related and points out: he, Marco, gets drunk with the uber-important Urdiales all the time and calls it business.

    And speak of the devil, in walks Urdiales himself. Marco is mortified and hides behind his menu. He wants to leave. Ale is surprised he doesn't say hello - and asks him, several times, to introduce her to Urdiales.

    Marco wants the check, but Ale wants dessert! He has another whiskey. She stares at him. He goes to the cloak room where Urdiales is getting ready to leave and makes like a starry-eyed fan asking for an autograph. "It would mean so much to me if you'd come by our table and say hi!" Urdiales does so but very perfunctorily and walks away.

    Ale: "He wasn't very friendly." Marco: "I've told him he must respect my private space." Suddenly she wants to go home.

  • Ale fell asleep in the car and dreamed of the fiesta. When Marco stops the car at her house, she tells him not to get out and gives him a cool peck of a kiss. In her bedroom, she grins at her bouquet (from the wedding) and hugs it as she goes to sleep and she dreams...

    ... that she (in a really hot scarlet dress and no neck brace) is helped out of a limousine by Rafa and taken into a very expensive restaurant and he is all urbane and orders expensive wine, and tells her he loves her, and he loves her dad too, and they kiss... Ale smiles in her sleep...

  • Rafa tosses in his bed, furious, calling her a witch, a false friend, but then sleeps and dreams...

    ... that she (in an apron) is cooking nice greasy comida tipica for him and his mother and sister, and they kiss... he smiles in his sleep.

  • The phone rings and wakes up Rafa's mother - it's Alejandra! "He's not here, he left for the office."

  • Rafa is cleaning out his cubicle, he doesn't want to leave anything behind. Ale is close behind. She can't get a word in edgewise, he is furious and shouting. "What did you do? Where will my family go? Will the police come for me in front of them, for the whole world to see? Nobody has the right to make my mother cry! How would your mother like that?" "My mother is dead." This slows him down for a minute, but his ire returns, he tells he has to get home to spend a few hours with his family before he's taken to jail.

  • Ale calls Marco and rips him a new one. "How could you call his mother and torture her? I would never have permitted that!" He is eating in bed and doesn't think much of her complaints - he's on top of it and "doesn't feel the need to tell her every detail." Ale: "Leave Rafa's family in peace!" "You are defending this animal?" "In future, you must consult me first!"

    Marco tells Chavez, who is really pissed, because he had a client ready to pounce on the property.

  • Rafa painstakingly writes his letter of renunciation, which veers from austere to poetic: "I was like a bird shattered against a window..."

    He takes the letter to Ale who calmly says she will not accept a hand-written letter, he must quit correctly! it must be typed, and in Arial not Times Roman. He has never used a computer so it takes him a mighty long time to type out the first few words, using just one finger... He gets a call from Vicki, who is happy, she has discovered they can get married BEFORE he goes to jail!

  • All the salespeople come in. Marino has had his henchman (Moustache) complain to Susana that he already has all the microwaves, televisions, and miniature refrigerators he can use (these are the prizes for "Salesman of the Month") so can't she come up with something different?

    So Susanna shows up with a bicycle. Marino calls his son, who reports that school is going well, and he gave the bribe to his math teacher as Marino had proposed. "Son, I have a brand new bike as Salesman of the Month and I'm giving it to you!" "Great, dad, I already have a client for it, a guy who's menso (is this like from MENSA the organization for nerdy smart people? does it really mean dumb?) and has lots of money. "I sold him my sandwich, I told him it was ham and cheese but it was really pork, hahaha! I'll make him give me a cash advance for the bike!" Marino: "Make sure you get a 50% premium." He hangs up and says "my boy is such a genius!"

  • So Ale calls the sales meeting. Rafa says he's not coming, he has nothing to do with this now, but Ale says until he comes up with an acceptable letter of resignation he is still her employee. Long story short, she gives the figures for the month: The professor in last/ninth place (applause); Rosaura in 8th place; Moustache in 7th place; Claudia in 6th place; Dandy is #5, Jimenez is #4 ("4th place? they'll kick me out of the house, dios mio!") and the Marxist is #3.

    Marino is ready to receive his customary accolades, but no, Medina is Salesman of the Month. Hugs and congratulations all round. His face says he doesn't know what to think.

Labels:


Comments:
Melinama,
Thanks for the great and quick recap. Funny title.

It's always a treat to read your recaps before I go to bed while the show is fresh in my mind.

Really enjoyed tonights episode. Even though Ale was a little sadistic with Rafa, it was fun to watch her little game with him regarding his resignation. She is so in love with him!!

Their duel dreams were the best. Kind of humerous though to see Ales' high-style date vs Rafas' down to home idea of a good time.

And Marco's face when Urdiales showed up at the restauraunt. You could just see his brain start spinning to come up with a plan to get out of that pickle.

This show is the best fun wrapped up in an hour I have seen on TV in a long time.
 

Thanks for getting the fantastic recap up so fast Melinama. Indeed Pata, Ale was definitely having some sadistic fun at Rafa's expense. He's going to melt like butter once he finds out that Ale did not order Marco to evict his family AND that she's ordered Marco not to bother his family again (a least, I hope she tells him).

Those dreams really were funny. Ale was all blinged out and sexy in hers (yes, like a movie star) and Rafa was elegant and in charge. And in his dream, she basically morphed into his mama. Lol!

The kid who played Marino's son was the kid who played Juan del Diablo's adopted older brother Remi in Corazon Salvage- the one that found baby Juan. I swear, there are like 10 kids that Televisa uses for all their telenovelas. Some of the same little tikes are making an appearance in Mi Pecado right now in the flashback years.

The novela on the tv in the background of Rafa's house looked like FELS. I noticed EY again, and another one of the brothers and what looked like the top of Sofia's head.
 

Pata- I caught your last comment late on the last Dinero post. I posted this response. :)
-----
Ah! I see. I thought you meant jealousy about him making such a great sale. Yes, totally, jealousy about the girls. I agree.
 

Very sweet how Rafa stood up for his family. The dream scenes were great proof of how smitten Rafa and Ale are with each other. Her dress in Rafa's dream was muy caliente! Estoy un poco celosa. ;-)

Marino pulled a face like he ate a bug when Rafa won. Haha! I'm so proud of our galan for pulling it off.
 

Thanks for the complete rundown on tonight's show, Melinama. I cannot believe how quickly you are able to post it for our reading pleasure. Without a doubt you are the speedmeister!
I enjoyed tonight's episode. I do like the plot device they use of parallel storylines in each of their lives. I did think it was pretty unbelievable though that in a small business such as Auto Siglo, everyone wouldn't know who was going to be first, second, third, etc. in sales.
Also thanks to Pata for filling me in on Monday's episode. I appreciate the double duty. I would have missed quite a bit if you hadn't filled me in.
 

Thank you Melinama for the excellent recap.

I was out last night and forgot to set the DVR. I was laughing so hard reading about the dreams of Ale and Rafa. I hope those two find some middle ground when they end up together.
 

Vivi - it was actually me who said that about Ale being celosa yesterday.

Another fun episode - this show is so cute! I, too, thought the parallel fantasies/dreams of Ale and Rafa about each other were great. So true, too, that people do that when they are in love! Imagining the other person will be just what you want.

Sorry to see Vicky again, I find her nearly intolerable and she has been not as present in the last couple of episodes. Jaime, though, is sweet, and even though Rafa missed it, it was good that he pointed out it was Ale's novio, not her, who did the calling.

Ivy
 

Thanks for the recap Melinama. Great for Rafa to fight back. Someone just has to tell him the battle has been won for now, but the war continues.

I don't think I can see Ale making like mama for Rafa. Can't see her doing that. I can more see Rafa like she imagined, but perhaps a bit too much polish.

Great to see Marino and Marco get a comeuppance tonight. Glad to see that. Can't win them all.
Word verification is 'fetid'. Describes Marino and Marco. :)

What is Rafa going to do with a bicycle? I guess he can get back and forth to work with it. Doesn't look like he will get an acceptable resignation note.

Moustache in 7th place, he's going to have to listen to his own tapes. Surprisingly good job (at least to me) by Jimenez in 4th place. Claudia must spend too much time flirting.

And Marino's son, just like him. He's going to be upset not getting that bicycle to sell. Marino is goint to have to buy one out of his own pocket. :)
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder