Saturday, April 24, 2010

Dinero #70, 4/23/10: You’ve got to have friends.

Buenos dias a todos! We've had a busy week so let's get to it.

Rafa walks in the front door just as Vicky pries her lips off Jaime. He greets Rafa and leaves in a hurry. Vicky hugs close to Rafa; she just missed him so much. Rafa pulls away because the last time they talked, their relationship was over. Vicky says there is no way they could be broken up; she forgives him and now they’re going to be married. Rafa tries to get Vicky to understand that it isn’t that simple.

Marco pushes Ale to get Rafa to pay off his debt as soon as possible. Ale is short with him but apologizes. Marco notices Rafa’s shirt in Ale’s suitcase and asks where it came from. Ale evades the truth but has to own up to it; she must have accidentally picked up Rafa’s shirt while she was packing. Marco says since Ale and Rafa have done so much traveling together, they must be great friends by now. Ale tells him to cut it out; the deal will be official the following day and Rafa will be leaving the Siglo.

Marco leaves and takes the shirt so he can burn it. Ale tries to stop him but chickens out.

Vicky’s hermanos stop by Rafa’s and pull out their knives. They’re ready to annihilate Rafa for breaking up with their sister. Vicky says as long as Rafa is her novio, her brothers have no right to kill him. They are back together and better than ever. Rafa hesitates, but since he would rather not see the business end of a knife, he agrees. The hermanos threaten Rafa as usual and drag Vicky home.

Rafa unpacks in his room when Leonor gives him a big hug to welcome him home. She’s thrilled to hear Rafa has nearly closed the deal; if he hadn’t, he would have ended up in jail again. Leonor asks if he’ll still work at the Siglo but he says no, it would be impossible. He digs through his suitcase and can’t find his favorite shirt. Rafa figures it must have been mixed in with Ale’s things.

Ale admires a picture from the famous wedding reception when Azucena interrupts to ask what she should do with Rafa’s shirt. Ale takes the shirt and says she’ll take care of it. She tenderly wraps the picture in the shirt and smells it before throwing it dismissively into a drawer. Ale, still clearly conflicted, grabs her cell phone and asks Susana to meet her for some girl talk.

Similarly, Rafa calls Jaime and asks to talk with him right away. Jaime flips out and thinks Rafa want to talk about his tryst with Vicky. Rafa tells Jaime to stop panicking; he just needs to talk with a friend.

The Siglo crew, minus Ismael, has drinks at the Trancazo. Marino, being the self-declared best salesman, offers to buy drinks for all of them. Ramiro tries to cut out because of his demon of a mujer. Dandy tells Ramiro he needs to use his “powers of seduction” like Dandy did to get Susana under his control. (Bah. He spends too much time with Marino.) Speaking of Marino, Ramirez pulls off Marino’s wig to reveal a full head of hair.

Marco is furious about Rafa’s shirt being in Ale’s suitcase. He tells Chavez the Ale is behaving strangely; he suspects something happened between Ale and Rafa.

Susana and Ale sit down at a nice restaurant and get straight to the good stuff. What happened at Playa Estrella? Ale says she “had a romance with a killer”. Straight-laced Susana flags down a waiter and orders a martini to prepare for the rest of the story.

Rafa meets Jaime in a bar. Jaime is a nervous wreck; he orders a double tequila and lights up a cigarette. Rafa is concerned since Jaime never used to drink or smoke. Jaime asks how it went with Vicky. Rafa tells him they’re novios again because her brothers forced him into it. Rafa would rather talk about something other than Vicky: the fact that he is in love with Alejandra Alvarez del Castillo.

Ale tells Susana all about pretending to be married to Rafa; she says he was very caring but very immature at times. They danced, he sang to her, and they kissed when the crowed started chanting. And it wasn’t fake or the only one. Susana is riveted and asks if Rafa is a good kisser. Ale nods and Susana melts.

Rafa tells Jaime he went along with the marriage story and began to feel as though it were real. “There was a moment that she took me by the hand in a different way. She wasn’t acting. And those kisses, God, they felt so real. I was happy and I thought my life had changed forever because of that night. That only night we spent together in that room in front of the ocean and the sunrise with her sleeping in my arms.” Jaime asks if anything else happened. “Of course not! I’m a gentleman. I watched her sleep. I swear I have never been so happy to see someone sleeping.”

Ale is gushing in a similar way to Susana. “I was so unlike myself. So happy and moved by the ocean, the dancing, and the night. If I hadn’t fallen asleep, we might have slept together.” Susana doesn’t think it would have been such a terrible thing but Ale is sure she would’ve regretted it. She’s getting married to Marco in 2 days and he doesn’t deserve to be treated that way.

Susana says Ale should cancel the wedding but it isn’t that simple. Susana makes Ale look her in the eyes when she asks Ale if she loves Rafa. Ale cries that she can’t afford to think about it. She can’t be in love with him and blames what happened on the alcohol. Susana doesn’t buy it for a second and gets Ale to admit she has feelings for Rafa.

Rafa is upset he fooled himself so badly. Ale is still getting married in 2 days. If Marco found out about what happened during the trip, he would do anything he could to get Rafa thrown in jail or have Leonor’s house taken. Besides, Rafa could hardly leave Vicky for another woman, let alone Ale, because of her father and brothers.

The Siglo crew is toasted and enjoying themselves at the Trancazo. Marino swears he’s going to make Rafa regret he ever messed with “Edgar Marino, the best salesman!” Dandy tells everyone that Ale and Rafa are supposed to be back the next morning. Ramiro, with Marino’s wig on his head, bumps into Claudia as he’s leaving and gets bopped on the head for staring at her chest.

At everyone’s favorite beauty salon, B/V and Ovi talk about astronauts after seeing an article in a magazine.

Jaime asks Rafa what Ale thinks about that night. “She said to forget it. I can’t have such fantasies anymore. Ale is so refined and so beautiful. She needs an elegant man of means, unlike myself or that vicious novio of her’s. I should have told her what I saw him doing.” Jaime thinks telling Ale about Marco’s wandering eye would just drive a bigger wedge between her and Rafa. Rafa says it’s the only weapon he has to fight for her. “But it’s a weapon with wet gunpowder.” (“Un arma con pólvora mojada”)

Ale says she can’t think about her feelings for Rafa because then she would have to think of what to say to her family if she canceled the wedding and the huge scandal that would erupt at the Siglo. The most important thing for Ale is that Rafa disappears as soon as possible. She never wants to see him again because having him around is a danger to her marriage and family.

Marco is still pacing because of the shirt in Ale’s bag. Chavez thinks the allures of the beach would be very tempting and says if he were Rafa, he would have gone for it. Marco keeps repeating to himself that Ale is loyal and would never trade him for a mess like Rafa. “If something did happen between them, rest assured I will have him jailed, shot, and killed.”

Meanwhile, Ale hopes Marco doesn’t suspect because of the shirt. She doesn’t want Marco to have reason to be jealous. Ale says that the next day, she and Rafa will finish with his debt and they will both return to their own lives. In 2 days, she will be married to Marco.

Jaime asks what Rafa is going to do about Vicky once he gets his debt squared away. He isn’t looking forward to a life of being under her thumb. Rafa decides he needs a woman with integrity, who truly loves him. “My mom, sister, her, and you are the only people I trust in the world.” Jaime downs another shot and says he needs to tell Rafa something.

Avances: Vicky makes out with Jaime again. Rafa tells Ale he loves her and when they hug an enraged Marco pulls her away.

Labels:


Comments:
Thanks Flores. Nice job. There was so much dialogue last night, and you managed to translate it perfectly.

Wow Marinos hair grown out. I sure wasn't expecting that last night. That is what I love about this show.

I laved that Asusana brought back the shirt to Ale. She was cute with her little scene of tenderly wrapping the picture, than getting mad at herself.

I also liked the duel talking with friends. Susana is so much fun.

Lots more to comment on, but I have to get going so will check in later when I get home.

Thanks again. I love this show.
 

Thanks for the kind words, Pata.

Has anyone else heard the buzz that Corazon Salvaje is going to be moved to the midnight slot and Dinero is supposed to be on for two hours a night (possibly as early as Monday)? Soy Tu Dueña might take over the 9 PM slot in May but it only just started in Mexico this week. If all this is true, we're all going to be in a pinch. Univision has gone nuts with their schedule changes the past year!
 

Thanks, Floresdeazul, for the very enjoyable recap. The dialogue was flying so your recap was very helpful.

Ale and Rafa have unburdened their hearts but will Jaime have the guts to tell Rafa about the kiss with Vicky and will Susana reveal her liason with Dandy but it seems Ale has broken company rules as well. And Rafa probably will not reveal his secret about Marco to stall Ale's wedding.

What is it with the collapsing chairs and the beauty shop scenes...filler.

It seems Univision has decided to toy with viewerville by abruptly switching timeslots for CS to midnight as seen in the promo. And that leaves 9 pm open for something...maybe Dinero until Tu Duena starts as you mentioned.

GinCA
 

From univision:

http://novelasyseries.univision.com/

Muy Pronto
* 04/26/10 - Hasta que el dinero en capítulos especiales de 2 horas por Univision
* 04/26/10 - Nuevo horario para Corazón Salvaje: 12am/11 Ct por Univision"
 

Hello everyone! I just got back from Ecuador a few hours ago, but am in NYC until tomorrow. I won't be able to watch any of the taped shows until later this week. Not sure if I'll ever be able to catch up on watching the shows, but I just finished reading all your recaps from this week, and they were superb! What an eventful week. I will definitely have to at least watch the episode with the kisses. :) Thanks for filling in for me on Thursday.

So, is it a done deal that Dinero will be on 2 hours starting this coming week? Wow! We're all going to have to learn how to condense our recaps. I will post again, likely tomorrow or Monday, with a link to my Ecuador pics.
 

What a great recap Flores. Looks like you got it all with a great style. How truly awful if what is said is correct about the time changes. For me, trying to keep up with 2 hours per night would be incredibly difficult. And if I was a recapper, the work involved....Dios Mio!!

Barbara
 

Vivi, welcome back. You were missed sorely the past week. I cant wait till you post your link to your photos.

This whole CS time chage thing is really strange. I have never watched it, and haven't read the recaps but feel bad for them. I watch gancho faithfully and knew that was hard to switch to another time slot.

Thankfully I was able to watch the recordings after work or catch up on the weekends. And I always had the wonderful recaps from Carlos, Judy B, Kris, Slyvia and Hombre.

Two hours of Dinero. "Ira Ira Ira" how is that gonna go? If it is only for a week I think I can manage with my wed recap and still plan on doing Mon. Can't promise that I will be able to catch everything. (As I always seem to miss something with just one hour.) Luckily for me this is my short week of work.

If it is longer then one week or indefinately then it might get to be a bit much. But I am in for next week anyway. What does everyone else want to do.

I got an on-call day today so will check in from time to time.
 

Flores, wonderful recap, as always. Drunk Susana was really a treat.

Two hours of telenovela each day - I don't know if I can do that on a daily basis. I usually start my bedtime routine right after the show.

Univision does not really respect it's viewers. I think a fair change of time would be after CS is over. I don't watch the show, but I think it must must be really upsetting to the viewers and recappers.
 

Unfortunately, for Univision it was all about ratings. Corazon Salvaje is tanking in the ratings, and the 8 and 9pm timeslots are huge for Univision. "Dinero" is doing very well, #1 every night, and #1 weekly overall by a lot of viewers. They can't afford to lose viewers/advertisers at 9pm, so they're airing "Dinero" for two hours to help that timeslot get its ratings.

And eventually air "Soy tu Dueña" at 9pm. "Gancho al Corazon" was moved for the same reason.
 

Thanks for a great recap Flores. You did a great job translating all of those conversations.

Marino sure grew a lot of hair in a couple of months, seems like it has been 2 months? I don't think the hair would be that long. Hey, he could make a few bucks showing people what he did to grow it that well. :)

Ol' Chavez was sure getting into it describing how things may have gone between Rafa and Ale at the playa. Getting Marco jealous and worried.

Pata, agree, liked the back and forth between the conversations. Ale should be listening to Susana. Of course, we know she should drop Marco all together. Boy, Marco doesn't deserve what Ale did, yeah deserves a lot worse!

So, will Jaime tell Rafa what happened? Will Rafa care? :)

Haven't commented for awhile, Pata, Maria, and Melinama, thanks for the recaps of the last few days!

Dinero on for 2 hours a day, I'll probably be watching it, but hope they don't do that for too long, like the variety of more shows.

Vivi, welcome back and can't wait to see the pics.
 

Caraymates- I sent this message with links to my Ecuador photos to my friends:

I just got back from my week in Quito, Ecuador and had a fantastic time revisiting a city I lived in 14 years ago, spending time with friends I haven't seen in 10 years, and others I have seen more recently, but haven't visited in their new home in Quito. Here are the pictures (view them in full screen mode):
http://cmd.shutterfly.com/commands/pictures/slideshow?site=vinette&page=vinette&album=1317


Highlights from my trip include being hosted by my friends Jen and John in their beautiful house in Quito, and being enthusiastically greeted by their two dogs and cat each time they saw me. :) I also saw my friend and mentor since I was 12, Rigo, and his partner Rudy. Ten years ago they moved to Ecuador from L.A., bought a house in the historic center of Quito, and renovated it to a beautiful B&B with a majestic view of the city from their rooftop deck (www.villacolonna.ec). Rigo and Rudy gave us an insider's tour of the new and improved historic center; and Jen and John introduced me their new friends, colleagues and their favorite hang-out spots. Both couples wined and dined me in the best restaurants in town. I definitely could not afford to live this way when I lived in Quito 14 years ago as a junior studying abroad! I had the chance to head back to my university- Universidad de San Francisco de Quito (USFQ)- but this time, the head of the international students program was treating me to chocolates and one of the best wines in the university's fancy restaurant, and the founder of the university was joining me for dinner. Other highlights: Being invited to the swearing-in ceremony of 60 Peace Corps Volunteers at the U.S. ambassador's house and chatting her up over breakfast; Visiting the real (the magic of GPS) "Mitad del Mundo" (middle of the world) on the equator and doing experiments; driving with the top down in Jen's convertible and zipping along winding mountain roads with the music going full blast; zip lining high over the cloud forest of Mindo (I think I've killed that fear of heights now); walking around the historic center at midnight drinking canelazo
(a hot drink made with brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, orange, lime or naranjilla juice, and plenty of aguardiente); and going to happy hour, with the tiniest Marines I have ever seen, at the U.S. Embassy (I think they only send small Marines there to blend in better with the Ecuadorians. I didn't bother to take a picture of them since they weren't in uniform.)

I was surprised by how much Quito has grown and spread- the hillsides are covered with new homes and malls; high rises are so prevalent that they are clipped by planes on a regular basis, and the government has decided to move the national airport; large buses have taken the place of the mini-vans that used to taxi people everywhere, and the streets are more congested than ever. The best change I saw was the increased diversity in the city- people from the coast of Ecuador, Cuba and Colombia. Not only did I see more people who looked like me, I also wasn't looked at like an alien and treated disrespectfully like I was 14 years ago. Definitely a change for the better. One thing that hasn't changed- Ecuador and the city of Quito are incredibly beautiful, surrounded by snow-capped volcanoes, green mountains, lush jungles and cloud forests, and winding rivers and streams. I am happy I had the chance to go back, and I'm even happier I had the chance to experience it with good friends.
 

Vivi, I loved your pictures. Quito is a beautiful city. One of the pictures with the colorful row houses reminded me of the central square in Real del Monte (ENDA).
 

Vivi, thank you for the photo journey of Quito. The old town is very quaint and quite beautiful. It seems you had a fabulous vacation with your friends and thanks for letting me vicariously enjoy Quito as well. However, I'd pass on the zip lining as heights aren't for me. Ha ha.

GinCA
 

Great pictures Vivi! It looks and sounds like you had a great time. Ecuador looks to be a beautiful place.

So, will we get 2 hours of Dinero tonight?
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder