Friday, December 17, 2010

Eva Luna #31 Thu 12/16/10 Swoon City... Love is in the air, in the water... but not in ONE mother's heart...

Recapped by Martaivett!
Repeat scenes of last night:

VEEkEE: Now it turns out you don’t love me Daniel. You suddenly realized you don’t love me. (GULP!) You just made a huge mistake. You will not leave me as a stood up towns bride.(vestida y alborotada como novia del pueblo)! I will marry you!! … (GULP GULP) or rather… You will marry me!
Fran: The only woman you deserve… with all due respect… is Srta Eva. (Dano smiles ear to ear)
VEEkEE: For now everything must stay as it was… until I leave you… and then I will kill you.
Dano: I spoke to VEEkEE! I told her! There will be no wedding!
Eva: I think you are crazy.
Dano: Totally. I am in love…
Dano: Since the first time we kissed… we realized we were in love… just that we were afraid to say it… it was like that, right? (SMOOCH!!... wet and looooong!)


(and tonight)…


(I am going to keep Fran/Marisol/Ali scenes together, Leo/JollyO scenes together, and Dano/Eva scenes together for sake of not making you all dizzy because the swapping back and forth was very annoying tonight)


Back to the lovebirds by the edge of the water… I don't have to say that during all these scenes tonight they were forehead against forehead, kissing dancing in a lovely embrace, or at the very least... holding hands. It was soooo hard not to keep pushing the rewind button to see the scenes again... but I had to finish the recap for you all... sigh... where can I mail-order a man like Dano Villanueva for myself?
Dano: This is love, Eva.
Eva: Are you sure?
Dano: Completely. But know what?
Eva: What?
Dano: There’s something missing. We have to baptize this love and there is nothing like sea water to do it. Come! (she is more than willing to comply, they laugh as they race into the water holding hands… once in the water, Dano turns it up a notch to include her neck… she keeps going back and forth between giggling like a kid and getting breathlessly transported to la-la land) … now laying in the sand totally wet, he is looking down at her, caressing her.
Eva: I am afraid this is a dream and soon will pass.
Dano: I am sorry to dissapoint you… it is really happening…
Eva: I am afraid, Daniel…
Dano: Shhh shhh… no need to feel fear.
Eva: What will happen now?
Dano: The logical thing… a kiss… another kiss… (more smooching/hugging laying on sand)
Eva: The day I met the sea you came to me…
Dano: I remember perfectly…. I have an idea.
Eva: What?
Dano: we are going to keep this going… just follow me. (she again is happy to oblige holding his hand)
At a boutique, the employee wants to send them away since they are wet (I had a little 'Pretty woman' movie deja-vu with this scene, kept waiting for the PW song to begin playing... 'MERCY!!!'... ) but Dano uses a credit card to ‘skip the rules’ and promises he will make their exception worthwhile. The employee is more than happy as if the credit card said ‘no charges under $10,000 allowed’. Dano asks the employee to fetch a makeup artist and hair stylist for Eva.


Eva is getting the red carpet makeover treatment at the boutique…



Eva is showing some of the store’s exclusive gowns to dano, he does not seem to feel great about the ones we get to see, but then there is one more we don’t get to see that he seems to like very much, she is elated that he is so excited about that one.


Dano is at the men's dept picking out a suit to go along with Eva for the dinner date…


Later on, At a very pretty outdoor restaurant setting, Dano and Eva order drinks, of course Dano orders the best champagne of the house…


Dano: You look gorgeous.
Eva: You too… (preciosa) … (she laughs and corrects herself) you look handsome. … this restaurant is beautiful… like a fairy tale…
Dano: A fairy tale that has just begun. IT is our love story.
Eva: I am afraid I will wake up and realize it was just a dream… and I am afraid you will wake up and realize that I am not the woman you deserve…
Dano: Noooo… the issue is to figure out if I am the man YOU deserve. (they just stare at each other lovingly)
Dano: I want to know more about you.
Eva: My life is so simple, I would doubt it is interesting.
Dano: Don’t say that. I am interested in anything about you. And I want to get to know you better… and that you get to know me.
Eva: Lets do this… you ask and I will answer.
Dano: Why don’t you tell me about your parents?
Eva: That is not a happy story. My dad got run over by a car a few days after we got to L.A. and the jerk ran away.
Dano: I am so sorry… My parents too died in a car accident, and up to now, they have not been able to find out who is responsible.
Eva: But I will find the man who ran him over. And I will demand justice.
Dano: I hope so… And your mother?
Eva: She abandoned us a few months after my sister was born. I was very little.
Dano: And you have not seen her since?
Eva: No. My dad told us that she had left for the U.S. with another man. So for me it is like she were dead.
Dano: I am so sorry.
Eva: Why don’t we change the subject?... how is Laurita?
Dano: Laurita is great. She wants you to come by the house again.
Eva: She is a very lovely girl… And the puppy?
Dano: Aaay, that puppy has me going around very jealous… Since you gave it to her.. .she pays no attention to me!...
Eva: Daniel.. I really don’t want to think the worst, but… I am very fearful.
Dano: (holds her hand) You insist in that fear… why?
Eva: Because of what is to come… and the consequences… what will happen with VEEkEE? (Dano looks down sighing since he does not have a good answer for that)
Dano: You have no idea how difficult it was to talk to VEEkEE last night.
Eva: Did you tell her that you and I…
Dano: No, no.. I told her what I had to tell her. That I don’t love her and that we can’t go on like this, even less get married. Did you see her today?
Eva: Yes. She asked me for a couple aspirin and then I heard her talk to her friend. But as much as I think about it… I feel very guilty, I feel very bad!...
Dano: You don’t have a reason why you should feel bad. My breaking up with VEEkEE was going to happen sooner or later! Before or after the wedding, with or without you around!
Eva: Yes, but you and her were engaged for a long time.
Dano: Well, yes. IT was an engagement we got used to. With time, it became an agreement. With time, everyone got the expectation we would get married. And that is why she asked me for a few days to tell her family. And then I will talk to her.
Eva: And I with Don Julio. You don’t know the fear I get about that. What will he think about me?
Dano: No, no. I will be there to support you. I will assume all responsibility.
Eva: Are we doing the right thing?
Dano: Yes, Eva… YES!... From my side, I am glad I armed myself with valour to confront myself,… and look at me! I am without mask.. in front of the woman I really love (she smiles lovingly)… Eva, you should not go back to work at that house.
Eva: No, I cannot quit my job. I want to keep working for myself and for my sister.
Dano: I was not referring to that. (holds her chin) I knew you would never accept that. But meanwhile, you could care for Laurita. (she smiles) That would give you two a chance to get to know each other better. And while she is at school, you could register in college and complete your studies. I would like to support you in all your dreams.
Eva: Well right about now I am living one of them.
Dano: Ay, Eva… I love you… God brought us this moment to be together and that is all that matters. Don’t get yourself all worked out anymore… this is our night.


(at a very pretty low light gazebo)

Dano: I want you to only think in our love. All you have to do is let yourself go. (they dance slowly and hug and caress a lot…)


Fran is desperate to hear Mari say she feels something for him, he is even massagging her shoulders and caressing her face… Mari says she too is in love with him. Another kiss.


Back to gazebo lovebirds… he hugs her from behind… swooning her…


Dano: Let yourself be guided by my arms forever…
Mari tells Fran when her parents left she was left all alone in the world.
(Now lovebirds are walking by edge of small lake)
Dano: Know what? There was once a man…
Eva: And who was him?
Dano: A man who was desperate to tell everyone that at this moment he was very happy.
Eva: Why?
Dano: Because he had beside him the woman he had always dreamed of.
Eva: Who was she?
Dano: She was a woman with an undescribable beauty… He would tell everyone who walked by: ‘see this beautiful woman? One day she will love me as I love her already. I will not let her leave my side ever. I want her by my side forever.


Fran/Marisol..Fran: You look so beautiful today, Marisol. (Alicia a.k.a. Lupita is bringing them two martinis, she is keeping the tray balanced with visible difficulty LOL, Marisol reprimends her slightly to serve the guest first)
Ali: Its just that I am a bit nervous. (walks around the couch to be in front of them) Its just that you look so much like your cousin the actor.(it is fran’s turn to be a bit nervous)… I don’t want to be indiscreet but I have been told I could be an actress… look at me… I am not ugly, am I? (LOL! Marisol sends her to the kitchen to check on dinner) Ali summons Mari to kitchen. Fran asks to use the bathroom…


Ali had summoned Mari to kitchen to confront her about the yelling at her, Mari says that is how rich people behave with their house help. Mari gets Ali happy again promising her she will introduce her to Fran’s cousin (the actor) when she has the chance. They both suddenly fear that Fran might find something in the bathroom that might break the setup since neither of them checked the bathroom before he got there. Fran is obviously in bathroom and finds a copy of ‘Hot girls’ magazine (LOL!) and is confused… he opens the drawers of the vanity and finds men’s toiletries… the robe by the shower is also a mens robe. Fran wonders if Marisol has a lover.


Mari brings him another martini… he is serious now, somewhat irritated. She asks what is going on, he denies anything is wrong. But he questions her about how long she has lived there. A few months. Ali interrupts briefly but Mari brushes her away.. He tells her about the things ‘not precisely for women’ he found in the bathroom. He asks her point blank if she lives there with a man. Marisol denies living with a man. Fran questions then who’se are those things? She claims they belong to her cousin Horace. She comes up with a sad story about him having health issues and stays with her because of that. Fran appologizes to her (totally bought the story). Alicia is proudly serving the ‘house specialty’, none other than ‘pig feet with potatoes’ (patitas de puerco en escabeche EWWWW) to Fran and Marisol. This is a repeat of their date at Dano’s house when she lied about the dish being her favorite… now its time to Fran to say the same thing.


Fran/Mari are eating the pig feet… He says they look like the ones his mother used to make. Mari follows the lead… she wanted to offer him something simple from her childhood memories… Fran buys the whole thing and compliments her on being a great human being… this is too funny, he is complimenting her on money and luxuries not being that important to her, while she is eating the pig feet with her fingers (EWWWW!) Fran keeps complimenting Marisol and kissing her hand… this had its funny moments since both of them keep ‘playing the role of the rich and famous’. Fran tells Mari he is looking for someone with great feelings/values, Mari is thinking herself that she has him in her reach…


Fran and Mari are still at the pent-house in their date…Fran: Don’t you feel lonely? (Mari sends ‘Lupita’ away) .. Don’t you feel lonely in this place so big?
Mari: Very.
Fran: Then… would you let me accompany you… take away your loneliness… and sit by your side?... I know it is too soon… but I can’t take it anymore… (SMOOCH… Ali sees them from dining room which she was cleaning up… ‘dead dog.. we are millionaires, my friend!’…) Fran appologizes for the kiss… he says perhaps he should not have… they both keep playing the games of ‘portray rich and conquer’… I am in love with you…


Marce and Bruno have a ‘date’… at her office. I won’t describe the scene because it is the ‘unwatchable version of what was going on earlier’… he wants her ‘escence, her power’… he gave her a white glove, she takes it as an offense… LOL! Marce tells Bruno he is going way too fast. She reprimends him on not showing up at the office, she says we will talk tomorrow and just takes off…


Bruno is mad, calls his ‘cousin’ and tells her things did not go well. She gives him the ‘I told you so’ about the present he had picked… She got offended… Bruno assures his cousin that everything is under control. She says ‘I hope so’.


At mysery manor, VEEkEE is drinking away. Renata thinks it was enough, VEEkEE reprimends her loudly about Renata being nothing but the lead house help. However, Marce comes over to say she DOES have the power to confront her. Marce says now she knows that at last night’s dinner, Dano left her. VEEkEE has teary eyes… comes forward and tells her mom the truth. She is hurt, she did not want to confront the reality. Marce says the scandal will be huge, the press will have a field day with the scandal. VEEkEE says that is why she was drinking, she wanted to forget it all. Marce says VEEkEE should not have accepted the break-up. VEEkEE says how could I stop it?? Marce says there are MANY WAYS… (I bet most of those she is thinking of would make people end up in jail if caught)…


Marce : Evidently, you did not do enough, girl!
VEEkEE: You are making me feel worse, mother!
Marce: Good!! I am glad!! You are a stupid!! You let go a man who signifies a fortune!!
VEEkEE: I don’t care about that!! Everything happened so fast! His decision took me totally by surprise!
Marce: That was your mistake. How could you not preview it if I myself even realized it!? That is why I had you buy the wedding bands!
VEEkEE: Neither that nor your intuition served to avoid it.
Marce: Because you are useless! You don’t know how to show your claws!!
VEEkEE: Enough, mother!!
Marce: Not Enough!! Now everyone will be laughing in your face!!
VEEkEE: Enough!!!
Marce: You will be mocked by everyone!!
VEEkEE: Shut up already!!! Shut up already!!! I want to die!! (this woman needs some acting 101 time)
Marce: Believe me that by this point in the game, that would be a more dignified headline than what we will see!! (this woman can only think about society and money)
VEEkEE: Mother…
Marce: Mother nothing!! You failed!! Now you will face the consequences!! And now go to your room, and not a word to anyone!!
VEEkEE: What for? Everything is over now..
Marce: Nooo!... Nooo! … not yet.
VEEkEE: how?... what are you thinking of doing?
Marce: Nothing yet … but I will think of something… I will ask Renata to take your dinner to your room… we will talk later… I will bring you a coffee… (we get creepy music as if this evil woman is really thinking of something monstrous)


Later that night, Marce is with Leo, Leo asks about his sister, Marce says VEEkEE is not feeling well, she seems down/depressed…



Renata tells Leo Jolly-O wants to talk to him.


(we get Marce bringing VEEkEE coffee or tea…)VEEkEE: You have a plan?
Marce: Yes.
VEEkEE: Tell me!
Marce: I will tell you tomorrow. Now I want you to stop thinking of dying. To be honest, I got really worried when you said it. You sounded so determined to do it. That is why I spoke to you in that tone. I wanted you to realize the monstrocity of what you were saying.
VEEkEE: I feel so bad. Do you think I still can do something to make him not leave me?
Marce: Yes… We will do something to avoid that scandal. I guarantee it. Take your coffee… Relax. (let’s remember this is not her first victim via coffee… lol) That happened to you for useless! For not being able to retain Daniel… You wanted to die, no?... That sounded to me like a good idea… that is why I took care of it personally… Now the one in control of everything is me.


Marce questions Renata as to what JollyO wanted to talk to Leo about.. Renata is clueless. Marce will ask Leo about it tomorrow… Renata is ready to call it a night, but Marcela sends Renata to check on VEEkEE. Marce tells Renata VEEkEE was very nervous and she is worried about her health… (setting up Renata to find VEEkEE)
Jolly-O is in his office… Leo comes in…
Leo: How are you dad? How are you feeling?
Jolly0: well… on the way. Recovering a bit more each day.
Leo: What can I do for you? Renata told me you wanted to see me.
JollyO: What I want to know is very simple, Leo… what is the deal with you and Eva?
(we see another Tmobile commercial where she is telling her aunt on phone what is going on, except she says ‘the episode ended where marcela told her ‘last night Dano left you’)
JollyO: I am not up to games…
Leo: Why the question, dad? Did she come to you and tell you that she was interested in me? What do you know?
JollyO: For starters, I know you are not the type of man that should be around a girl like her. (Leo looks deflated)(I know) that you could harm her more than you can imagine! And know what, Leo? I will not allow you to do it.
JollyO: Leo, I am too old for you to try to make fun of me. What you told me is not true, son!. You are not in love with EVA!
Leo: It is the truth, dad!! I swear it! Yes, I confess it all started as a game! But that woman is unique! You better than anyone should understand me! Or not? Are you going to tell me you don’t agree with me?
JollyO: In that you are absolutely right, Eva is a very special woman!
Leo: She is special and too pretty to let her pass by!
JollyO: That is precisely what I am talking about, Leo! What you are fearing is that she will escape you!
Leo: No, Dad!
JollyO: How do you know that what you feel for Eva is not obsession or a fling?
Leo: Because I want to spend the rest of my life with her! Understand me! All the time I want to see her, hear her voice, take care of her, protect her. I am not interested in any other woman! Believe me! That had never happened to me! I swear it!
JollyO: Leonardo!...
Leo: Dad… what would you think if I told you I am falling in love with that woman?
JollyO: No… No, I don’t believe you.
Leo: Dad, it is true! For the first time in my life the game went all wrong. And the one who fell was me.. Please believe me… (we see JollyO undecided, staring deeply at Leo as if trying to read him)
Leo: You don’t believe me, do you?
JollyO: I don’t know, son… I would like to believe you but…
Leo: Alright. Alright, perfect! I deserve your lack of trust. We both know how I am.
JollyO: That is why I wanted to talk to you. To warn you not to harm that girl. Eva is too naïve… too pure for you. You get bored, that is what happens with you.
Leo: And what is it that is happening with me?
JollyO: You confuse love with novelty, with surprise… And if what I am saying is true, Leonardo, be careful. I will be watching you closely. Hmm?
Leo: I can’t believe you think that about me.
JollyO: Now leave me alone, I already took a tranquilizer and need to rest… Go on.
Cliffhanger: Renata finds VEEkEE and sees the stage of the suicide by overdose… Renata freaks out…

end of ep…


Previews: (btw, the previews are for Monday, so I assume no EvaLuna tomorrow)

Dano is yelling out loud that he loves this woman beside him… Eva is praying that nothing will stop this happiness…
Renata shakes VEEkEE to no avail…
Voice over: The evil of a soul-less mother… attacks mercilessly…
Apparently Renata ran to Dano’s house to summon him…

Labels:


Comments:
FWIW - The phrase "novia del pueblo" seems to be used very often in reference to being stranded (or "planted") at the altar. I think a reasonable translation is "country bride" - as if the bride is left stranded in the country when her novio runs off for better opportunities or some such.

Audrey
 

Excellent recap, thank you! I always look forward to your recaps because you give us selected dialog bits. That is so appreciated! Thank you again.

It was a great episode. Finally a little happiness for Danny and Eva. We know it won't last, but at least they got a little something.

I wonder how the Francisco and Marisol story is going to develop? These two are too much! LOL.

The previews are almost making us wonder if Marcela is willing to kill her daughter, but we know that is unlikely, I think? Not that Marcela is not capable of that—she is—but without Icky around (or VEEkEE, I love that) there would not be as much conflict in the story. I wonder how this is going to develop. We must wait until Monday to find out!
 

Great recap, Jardinera! I appreciated all the dialogue and also your separating out the threads and putting all of one together--Dano and Eva, Fran and Marisol, etc. I agree the constant jumping back and forth in the telenovela was driving me loca. Or más loca, since I'm already part way there. :-)

Whether or not Marcela succeeds in killing off VEEkEE (and I suspect she won't), apparently that was what she intends. Wow! And whether VEEkEE lives or dies, the guilt-trip potential is enormous. I wonder whose will be greater, Dan's or Eva's.

All during this episode, I kept expecting that the penthouse's real owner (or someone posing as the real owner) would arrive and derail Marisol's plans. I guess we'll have to wait for Monday.

Audrey, thanks for the explanation of "novia del pueblo." I really appreciate help with Spanish phrases. In addition to improving my Spanish, it also bolsters my excuse about why I watch telenovelas. :-)
 

Thanks, Marta! You caught it all so nicely! I loved the fashion show and all the romance!

I think Mad Marcy is going to fake a suicide attempt to shame/guilt Dano into marrying Icky, but I don't think that would work.
 

Juanita: I only posted for Marta but she did do a great job of capturing the essence of this little romance.
 

I don't think Merciless will really kill Vicky, just because she needs her to marry Dano for whatever evil scheme she has cooked up to secure his fortune. Which, qué the hell? She already seems to have enough money for absolutely anything she wants. I just don't understand some people. I wish we'd get some insight on why Marcela is the way she is, and what exactly she wants.

Great recap.
 

Martaivett,

This was such a great job of recapping and putting everything with Daniel/Eva, Francisco/Marisol into orderly groups. I Didn't sleep well last night thinking that Marcella was trying to kill VEEkEE. But it is a solid plan on Marcella part if you think about it,not to kill her but make her(vicky) seem unstable so that Daniel will feel guilty over dumping her and get back together with her. I sure hope he (Daniel) doesn't fall for the tricky. I did notice there was some "tongue action" on Daniel's part with kissing Eva.HUM
My guess is that Mari/Franc will get caught in the Pennhouse apratment on Monday. I also thought that was good advice on Daniel's part to get Eva to give up the maid job at Don Julio's b/c he knows whats coming next from Marcella, I mean she's threatening him enough times. Hey why no Eva Luna tonite? michele in PA
 

Wow, this seems to be my day for making dumb mistakes. Oh well, belated thanks, Marta, for YOUR great recap!
 

Great summary! "The employee is more than happy as if the credit card said ‘no charges under $10,000 allowed’" Love it.

We've seen monster mothers before, but Marcela may well outdo Gabriela Elizondo. Icktoria deserves a very serious punishment for what she did to Sabrina, so this would be too easy. She will live to be a pain in the arse for at least the duration of this series. Disfigurement should be part of her fate.

I love the Francisco/Marisol thing and I hope it goes at least a few more weeks before they both end up getting outed as wannabes.
 

Thanks so much for the recap Marta. I really enjoy your dialogues.

ITA w/those of you on the fence about Mad Marcy. While she is capable of killing her daughter, who isn't hers biologically, it doesn't make sense (I know, I know, its a TN) how the whole thing ended. Why not let Vicky know (perhaps she might not have gone along with it)? But using the coffee she's used to kill others made me nervous and I don't like Vicky. I'm with the Urban Anthropologist and that death would be too easy Vicky.
 

Make no mistake; Marcela could make use of any possible outcome of this. What would be very interesting would be if these two would turn on each other at the end. Female villains are often deadlier than male ones.
 

Marta, Thanks for the recap. I appriciate the dialogue.

So now we have to wait until Monday to see what happens to Victoria? Holy spit, that is one evil mother!!!!I just kept screaming at my TV when she was giving her the coffee and they kept playing that sinister music.

Loved the Julio/Leo talk with the "hands off" attitude from Julio.

Also when Bruno pulled out that white glove, for some odd reason i was just cracking up!!! I hope we find out soon what happened to her hand.

Alicia was cute as well last night being the servant. Pretty certain the owner will walk in as that is what Damian had aluted to on Wed.

Honestly can't wait till Monday's episode. Thanks again Marta for such a detailed and great recap.
 

I loved that Alicia was wearing Marisol's stripper maid costume as a for-real maid outfit. What was that on her feet? It sort of looked like little spats over sandals.
 

Jardinera - thanks for the ITSA yesterday on the eva blog (not sure what that is but I'll take it LOL!). I think I got hooked onto the TN genre pretty quickly. What started as an "innocent" strategy to improve my Spanish comprehension turned into a major obsession. Overall - they are very entertaining if you don't take them to seriously.

Anyway - I wanted to tell you that you are my favorite recapper! I started reading Caray, Caray religiously after reading a couple of your STuD recaps and laughing out loud so many times I had to read lines to my husband. I hadn't actually been watching STuD, but started following it from the recaps so that when I occasionally switched to it on TV I knew exactly what was going on. And I find the recaps more entertaining than the original. It's great fun. This is a great site.

Audrey
 

Audrey: Thank you very sincerely! I'm glad you've joined our merry band of bloggers! ITSA is my shorthand for I Totally Soooo Agree! It seems many of us became telenoveleros for exactly the same reason: wanting to improve our Spanish comprehension. The bloggers on this site make such witty comments that it definitely adds to the fun.
 

sorry, a couple fixes to the dialogue...
Eva: I am afraid this is a dream and is not really happening.
Dano: I am sorry to dissapoint you… it is really happening…
Eva: I am afraid, Daniel…
Dano: Shhh shhh… no need to feel fear.
Eva: What will happen now?
Dano: The logical thing… a kiss… another kiss… (more smooching/hugging laying on sand)
Eva: The day I met the sea you came to me…
Dano: I remember perfectly…. I have an idea.
Eva: What?
Dano: we are going to continue celebrating… just follow me. (she again is happy to oblige holding his hand)
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder