Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Eva Luna #47 Tue 1/11/11 Hiding behind pastry carts seems like a good idea.

Eva Luna Episode #47—Hiding behind pastry carts seems like a good idea.

I apologize again, I am not feeling up to snuff (nothing bad, just one of those things) and hope to finish this recap in the morning, but this time I did make video clips, so I'm posting a bulleted list of what happened, plus the clips. Discuss amongst yourselves and I'll finish the recap in the morning (I hope!). Edit: I think the summary gets most of the points so maybe I'll just elaborate on that in the morning.

Bulleted list of what happened on Eva Luna (based on memory, I hope I get this right):

  • Idiot Eva goes with Leo up to his mountain hideaway (or wherever it is) where he plies her with a drugged beverage. When she is passed out he places her in his bed, undresses her, takes off his own shirt, and photographs her and him in a "compromising position" on the bed. (Shades of Llena de Amor, where Ilitia and Kristel did that with a zonked-out Emanuel.) When she starts to wake up, he quickly dresses her so she's not aware of what happened.
  • While up at the mountain hideaway (but before passing out) Eva talks about pressing charges against Daniel for the hit-and-run of her dad, but Leo doesn't think that's a good idea (wonder why?) and tells her he'll be "with her" in helping her get revenge on Daniel. Eva also wants to confront Daniel herself, but of course we know Leo won't allow that either!
  • Evil Marcela takes Daniel to the bank in order to convince him that Eva stole money from the company by forging Daniel's signature. The bank guy helpfully shows closed circuit camera photos of Eva cashing the check. Daniel almost buys this but even so, does not want formal charges pressed against Eva until he can talk to her and get clarification. Then later he starts thinking about it and starts suspecting that something is not right, as it is all too perfect. In particular, he wonders how could Eva forge his signature when she's never seen Daniel's signature?
  • Icky spews delusional garbage to her dad about how she is going to marry Daniel. He tries to reason with her. Then Icky tells her dad that his "angel" Eva is actually the woman that Daniel was two-timing her with. Don Julio doesn't want to believe this until Icky shows the photos. Then Don Julio remembers how both Eva and Daniel hinted around that something was going on, and (I think) Don Julio connects the dots and does not think ill of them for it. He also reminds her that her relationship with Daniel was never quite genuine either, but rather was pushed on them by Marcela. Icky is infuriated by this, as expected. When Icky demands that Don Julio fire Eva, Don Julio refuses.
  • Renata visits Doña Justa at the pension and tells her that yes, her baby died. That Don Julio is "muy feliz" (very happy) with Marcela, and that he's forgotten all about Justa. (This is of course the exact opposite of the truth, because 1) Justa's baby is alive in the form of Icky, and 2) Don Julio JUST TOLD RENATA himself how much he wished he'd stuck with Justa.) Justa is devastated by the news that she's old history to Don Julio. 
  • Also, Renata tells Justa that everyone thought she (Justa) was dead because there was a woman's dead body at her house when the earthquake hit. It turns out it was Justa's roommate, but everyone thought it was Justa. (What I want to know is, which earthquake, and where? The Northridge one in '94? The one up in S. Francisco in '89? There really weren't any other earthquakes of sufficient strength to cause that much havoc in that time frame. I'm very confused about this. And while I'm here, I'm very confused about Justa going up to "Santa Rosa" to see about her baby's grave. The only "Santa Rosa" in California is an hour north of San Francisco. That's quite a drive from L.A.)
  • Don Ricardo comes in and is introduced. Renata asks Justa if he's her husband, Justa says no, Don Julio was the love of her life and Don Ricardo is a resident of the pension. 
  • Marisol for some reason wants her new buddy Giorgio to meet her galán, Francisco. (She wants Giorgio to "approve" of him, using his "male intuition.") Giorgio goes along with this after she keeps begging him. They are supposed to meet Francisco at a restaurant. Francisco comes to meet them, sees Giorgio, knows that his goose is cooked if Giorgio sees him (since Giorgio knows him as Daniel's chofer) and so HIDES BEHIND A PASTRY CART in order to evade them. I'm not really sure why. My eyes were glazing over at this point. (By the way, is it just me, or is Giorgio starting to look rather attractive?)
  • Tony and Alicia go on a search for Eva, go to the cemetery and see that fresh flowers have been put at their dad's grave. But they don't find Eva.
  • Evil Marcy reports Eva's "theft" to the police.
Video clip from around the middle of the episode, starting with Evil Icky showing the "proof" of Daniel and Eva's involvement. Don Julio remembers that both Eva and Daniel hinted around about their involvement, and it looks like Don Julio isn't angry about it. Then we go to Daniel at the bank, where Marcela and the bank guy are trying to convince him that Eva's a thief.

Video clip of the end of the episode, where slimy Leo does his creepy "compromising photos" thing, and also we have poor Daniel wondering if Eva was playing him all along, and then thinking that maybe something else is going on . . .

Video clip of avances.

(Right-click on links to open to new window.) Remember, these are streaming video clips (like what's on YouTube). It's very high quality so if playback stalls at first, just wait a while for the rest of the clip to load and it should be fine.

Oh, and I couldn't leave you without at least one photo of Daniel! LOL.

Poor rejected Daniel doesn't know the evil that Marcela has in store for him.  (Click on image to see much larger version.)

Labels:


Comments:
Muchas gracias!

That was enough to remind me pre-coffee that I almost lost my dinner at Leo's little photo session. What a reptile.

At least Daniel is smart enough to remember that Eva doesn't know his handwriting.

Kudos to Don Julio for not being delusional about Icky and for understanding Daniel and Eva.

Francisco is cooked vis a vis Marisol, but this also means that he should be en route to finding out the truth about her.
 

Thank you Elvira, for the summary which is more than adequate, and to Jardinera for yesterday's recap which I didn't get to read until late.
The only bright spots last night in the TN were that little teeny speck of light when Dan realized that Eva had never seen his signature, and when Don Julio tried to reason with Vicki.
Frank under the Viennese cart was very "I love Lucy"-ish.
 

Elvira, feel better! not so great myself today, and with the snow and wind, taking the day at home to work. Tough winter...

But your recap was great (thanks for the videos). I took folks' advice and tuned in last night. Actually a whole lot of nothing happened (that we didn't expect) except for how far Leo went. I'm sorry, that was beyond snake-behavior. I just switched to another show - keep me from screaming at the TV.

Thanks for the photo of Daniel/Guy. Right now, he's my only reason to keep watching. And at least he seems to be working on all cylinders. Hope this scheme unravels and soon.
 

Thank you so much, Elvira, for your committment to do the recap and us readers, come rain, snow, or not feeling well!

I usually watch the episodes the following day without the captions so I can work on my listening comprehension skills. I never missed any of STuD, however upsetting they were...of course to get my FC fix. But to be honest, I cannot rewatch this episode of Eva. That scene with Leo and the camera was so traumatic. She should accuse him of kidnapping and sexual assault. WHY IS SHE LISTEING TO HIM??? except that she has no way to leave since they are out in the country. Can´t wait to see Knight Daniel jump on his horse and rescue her! I call Leo´s stunt ¨doing an Ivana¨. IT WAS SICKENING!

To me, anyway, Eva comes across in such a way that I get very uncomfortable watching her engage in any romantic or sensual or sexual interlude.

I LOVE the comment about the I Love Lucy referral. the scene was beyond belief stupidity, but was a bit of comic relief and that reference hits the nail on the head.

The best part of the episode was the ad for Univision between TN´s in which Daniel does some vamping. I really like him. I also agree with the comment about Giorgio looking handsome!
Oh well..SSoS!
 

Elvira: Your bullet points are perfect! Truthfully, I wouldn't blame you in the least if you felt you could not go back and give the details.

This was a difficult capitulo to watch. I switched channels in the middle of Leo doing his sick moves on Eva (my word...she has really lost her brain now, hasn't she?).

This Leo scum bucket really showed his inner self, didn't he and he is disgusting beyond description.

It is sometimes hard to watch him with a full view of his face. It seems that either he has a lazy eye or his facial asymmetry is so pronounced that I can never tell which eye is really looking at you.

Yes...just an excuse for a character that I don't like.

I only hope that Dano continues to use his head and that Don Julio keeps thinking, too.

I have to say it again...that Leo and Eva scene was sickening.

Susanita
 

Thanks so much, Elvira, for providing this fine recap and AV supplements in spite of feeling under the weather. I think I'm going to have to go back and watch the episode again, painful though that will be, since I see now that there was a lot that I missed.

I found it painful to watch Daniel last night, though I thought Guy Ecker did an excellent job of conveying Dano's anger, frustration, disbelief, and, fleetingly, his doubts. I imagine that at some point, the plot will have to include his losing faith in Eva, perhaps when Leo shows him the photos. Just how long that will be before that happens, I can't guess. In most TNs, Eva would be stuck at that country house for weeks of episodios, but everything we've seen suggests that this TN will move more quickly. ¡Ojala!

I'm liking this TN much more than I thought I would at the start. Part of what I like is the pacing, with no seemingly disastrous turn of events taking excessively long to be resolved. I'm also enjoying how many irons there are in the plot fire: not just Eva and Daniel vs. the Arismendis but also Alicia and Tony/Carlos/whoever, Marisol and Francisco (and Giorgio?), Jackie and Francisco, Justa, Don Julio, Claudia, Bruno, Deborah, and probably some that I've overlooked. Even Adrian may play an important role.

I hope you're soon feeling better, Elvira. Thanks again!
 

One more thought...It is a shame the TN's routinely have women as passive damsels in distress and men always the rescuers. I wish just once that they would empower one of these heroines to get a even a slight clue and come out on top by their own cleverness/virtue...whatever. I think the assumption is that the good heroine is above thinking badly of anyone and so cannot concieve of evil and therefore must always be easily fooled. (Good/innocent=naive/vulnerable).
Thanks to Elvira again for watching this painful episode and recapping it very well even when you weren't feeling well, I hope you feel better, pronto!
 

Thank You for this recap Elvira, it was very well done, for what went on last nite.

I won't be rewatching this chapter; there are no words for what Leo did to Eva. I'm asumming there's going to be some backmailing at a later date, with those pictures.

I'm glad dan figure out Eva hasn't seen his signature, I missed that part last nite. I was nauseous after watching Leo, and didn't take in much more of this chapter. Michele in PA
 

ITA with all of you, including that lately Giorgio is looking considerably attractive.
In the I love lucy scene with Giorgio approaching the pastry cart and Fran hiding, I was fully expecting for Giorgio to pull a Desi and waltz around the cart while Fran kept moving around it on all fours just a smidge ahead of Giorgio's sight...

Also, when Marisol told Giorgio that her fiancee was named Francisco, Giorgio made a comment that Francisco did not sound like a high society name and that the only francisco he knew was just a chofer... that was funny, i was laughing.
And ITA Guy Ecker did an excellent job of conveying Dano's anger, frustration, disbelief, and, fleetingly, his doubts. I will even add that he portrayed Daniel's PAIN and confusion to a tee.
And I was soo glad Daniel showed some brain cells and realized that Marcela was accusing Eva of forging a signature Eva did not know.
 

I always thought that there must have been some rationale as to why Vicky and Leo were so distant from JollyO, and some of that came out last night, Vicky yelled at JollyO that the reason they did not come see him often was that when they were little he never spent time with them, he was at the office (ad agency) all day and never spent time with them. So he responds that he was trying to build the life they now enjoy but she kept yelling at him that it was all his fault... I liked that JollyO just walked away instead of arguing on with Vicky back and forth...
 

Too disgusted to comment. As I predicted, Leo drugged Eva and I'm surprised he didn't go even further than he did

Glad I don't live in the Northeast.

Kalum
 

Emarie, I'm so of the same mind. Women are not weak vessels in need of rescue in the 21st century (and perhaps we never were). I want to see a novela heroine really kick some butt.

In this series, I do mean that literally.
 

did anyone watch El Gran show on sunday? one of the questions asked the contenstants is how tall Blanca is... LOL!!! I think they said she is 1.79 M, that is TALL! but I thought it was so funny that they expected some folk out there to know exactly how tall she is...
anyway, I agree, she is tall and strong enough to be able to physically kick Leo in where it hurts ... but given TN habits, I am sure we won't see that anytime soon
 

I agree that Eva as a character is supposed to be a naive 'dreamer' and although she is the older sister who always played the 'mom' role with Alicia, she is not equipped with the character strength and experience to be able to deal with Leo's spoon-feeding her all this crap about Daniel. In her mind, all she can see is what Leo is painting as a picture for her...
The character of Veronica in La Mentira would not just buy that so easily but she was the exception rather than the norm.
 

Thank you ladies! I feel much better, but still tired. I slept a long time last night.

I'm going to re-watch this TN and probably add a few details, but that's it. Thank you for all of your comments and for adding some details that I missed or left out.

UGH! I agree, Leo is a total slime.
 

I added a few more details and a few more bullet points and put a fork in it, that is it! Thank you everyone for filling in blanks that I missed.
 

Elvira: You've done way more than anybody should when they're ill, amiga! It was a great summary and the video's were terrif! Thank you for your dedication to us!
 

ITA that as upsetting as it is, Eva is a country girl with very little worldly experience. She's probably coping the only way she can, but I do see her as a strong character. Once she's had a chance to relax and think, I think and hope she'll realize what a slime Leo is versus Dan very quickly, or at least think again that there has to be a different possible answer to all of this, especially if she remembers all the things that Dan did for her so selflessly in the past.
 

Thanks for your recap Elvira. This was an awful episode and you captured that well.

I'm surprised Leo has gone so low so soon but that just means his punishment will be better.

Thanks for your recap Jardinera. Read it very late.
 

To the late readers of my recap: you're welcome and thanks!
 

Elvira and Jardinera, thank you both the past two days of recaps, you are both real troopers.

Vicky's wheels are falling off fast. She is becoming more like Ivaca from Stud everyday. When she was in one of her rants and began rubbing her arm and then again blaming Don Julio for everything wrong in her life, I just laughed because it was so "Ivaca".

If Justa knew how crazy Vicky turned out to be, she would not be trying to find her.

Leo is beyond words and redemption, enough said. He is not going to be happy when he finds out Mommie Dearest has filed charges against Eva.

Rosemary
 

Elvira, thanks for the great recap. Last night was quite distressing to watch. Between Marcella and her bank fraud deal, Vicky just being horrible and Leo's slimey hands all over Eva, I could hardly sit still. I was thankful for the quick editing and the chance to watch Fran and Marisol in between all this tragic stuff. Holy spit!!!
 

So Vicky is the daughter. I was thinking it was going to be that Eva was the daughter and that is why she and Julio have such a strong, instant bond.

Marisol and Fransisco...I am thinking that Giorgio is actually rich and he is keeping that from Marisol because he wants her to love him for him, not his money. But sometimes he seems gay.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder