Sunday, January 16, 2011

Eva Luna #50 Fri 1/14/11

Tony sees the pictures that Leo took of Eva and himself in a compromising situation.

Julio asks Renata where Eva is. Renata tells him that she hasn't come in today or called. Perhaps Marcela is right and Eva he did steal from her. Julio wants to go to Eva's house then to see her. What?! No replies Renata. She thinks to herself that if he goes then he'll see Justa. Julio says he's going because he believes all this was made up by Marcela. In walks Marcela and insists it's all true.

Tony plans on showing Alicia the photos and laughs.

Julio tells Marcela He didn't believe her yesterday and he doesn't believe her now. So go to work in your car, because the chauffeur is staying at my disposal. Marcela insists that Eva falsified Daniel's signature and cashed the check. Those are lies replies Julio. Would you like the proof of Eva cashing the check at the bank asks Marcela? Or a copy of the police report. What?! asks Julio. You denounced her? Yes replies Marcela. And I will make sure they give her many years in prison.

Leo tells Eva that Alicia's advice about hiding herself is the best thing. If the police question her it will just complicate things.

Now you know everything replies Marcela. Think what you want. Julio tells her she's garbage. When they lock up your little confidant then you will realize the garbage is her yells Marcela. Nothing in this world will convince me that Eva would do this. You are behind all this replies Julio as he starts to breathe heavily. Marcela sarcastically responds by saying why would she spend her time on a lowly servant.

Eva asks Leo how can she defend herself. He advises her to let things settle. He will take care of her.

Julio tells Marcela that he will not allow her to hurt Eva and starts having an attack. Renata rushes to his side while Marcela just stands there. Renata asks Marcela what to do. She tells Renata nothing. He's just having a spell. It should soon pass. And since I doubt that you will need the chauffer, I will take him. Just bring him a glass of water and she leaves. Renata tells Julio to just breathe. He tries to get up off the couch, but Renata pulls him back. Julio says that trash is who I married. Now she wants to kill me.

Eva asks Leo if he is willing to testify in court all about Daniel killing her father. Of course replies Leo. But don’t you think that he will deny it all? And perhaps put all the blame on me? Do you really think that asks Eva? He is capable of that and a lot more.

Daniel is late for a meeting at work.

Eva is looking for her luggage. Suddenly there’s a knock on the door and Leo tells her to stay in the room and not to come out until the coast is clear.

Daniel finally comes to the meeting, but is a bit drunk and disheveled. Sorry for my tardiness says Daniel. How is everyone? He starts acting up in the meeting. Pretty much acting like a jerk.

Eva is worried about who is out there. Hopefully it’s not the police. Turns out its Tony bringing the pictures. Leo asks if he opened the envelope. Of course not replies Tony. I just complete orders. He looks around the room and Leo tells him to leave.

Marcela has Bruno start his presentation and Daniel interrupts saying he needs some coffee. Anyone else? Marcela gets annoyed and asks Daniel if we can get on with business. Daniel says that’s the problem. I allowed you to start this side business when it doesn‘t suit us. It’s time to stop. Bruno is pissed and Marcela is shocked. Where else can she find a boy toy?

Laurita and Adrian talk about Eva.

Marcela tells her customers not to listen to her disagreement with her associate. Bruno says he can explain his plan further. The customers want to study the plan more in private and leave.

Adrian tells Laurita that the police are looking for Eva. Laurita says then what my father said was true although she doesn‘t believe it. Eva is a thief. So it must be true then replies Adrian. That is so sad.

So the meeting is done says Marcela. Can you leave me alone with Daniel? JoJo and Bruno leave. Marcela asks Daniel what the hell is going on. Daniel says he’s ashamed and now understands that Eva was just playing with him. Marcela says well I’m glad you’ve come to your senses, though you need to apologize to us all that have warned you. Yes especially to Leo who warned me several times replies Daniel. I’ll forgive you for what happened today says Marcela. I understand how you feel. Now go home and take care of yourself.

Laurita cries. Adrian hugs her and tells her everything will be okay.

Daniel goes to see Leo and finds out he’s out of the office.

Bruno follows Marcela into her office throwing a hissy fit about Daniel’s behavior in the meeting. Marcela says it’s okay. Now things are going to be better for me. He will no longer be an obstacle for me. When he marries my daughter, he will be the key for me to be the owner of all this. Bruno doesn’t understand. Marcela tells him not to worry. Just trust me, be faithful and love me a lot.

Fernando finds out for Daniel that Leo did not return home to sleep. Daniel tried calling him, but his phone goes directly to voicemail. Perhaps he is with a woman says Fernando. Daniel thinks and then says I think I know where he is at.

Alicia is looking for a job in the paper. Tony is in the room talking to her. BLAH, BLAH, BLAH.

Leo brings out a bottle of champagne so they can celebrate their friendship. Eva thanks Leo again for all his help. She goes off to shower and there’s a knock on the door. It’s Daniel and he barges on in. Leo stops him What you have company asks Daniel. Well you know me says Leo. Well since you opened the door, I thought you were alone says Daniel. I just wanted to tell you that I should have listened to what you said about Eva. What happened now for you to tell me that asks Leo? She fooled me says Daniel. She was fooling everyone. I asked her to marry me, but all she wanted was my money. That’s why she robbed me. Are you sure asks Leo. Well when I went to her house, they told me she left forever replies Daniel. On one side I can’t believe it says Leo. But then I can’t believe this would happen. What do you mean asks Daniel? Leo lies to Daniel and says that Eva also fooled him. Did she also accept to be your wife asks Daniel? Not really says Leo. I tried to tell you. Wait here and I will show you why we fought the other day.

Tony and Alicia fighting. Tony baiting her.

Leo shows Daniel the pictures of him and Eva together. Daniel is distraught. You and Eva were lovers asks Daniel. I know this is a hard blow replies Leo. I know you always believed her as the good girl. So did I. That’s why when I found out you two were together, I felt deceived. Just like you feel now. Why didn’t you tell me before asks Daniel. Why wait so long? Because I needed proof replies Leo. You were blind for Eva. You left my sister for her. It all happened to us. We all fell for it. We committed errors. But its done. Let’s move on. Go back to my sister. Listen to me.

Alicia asks Tony to tell her what he knows. Tony still taunts her.

Daniel can’t believe how stupid he was. How he could have believed her. Now he hates her for what she did to him. He will never forgive her. I won’t either replies Leo. That woman played with us both. Luckily we found out on time.

Alicia begs Tony to tell her. Fine replies Tony. I found out that Eva is mixed up with another man.

Julio doctor friend checks him out and will prescribe him some pills. Julio tells Renata that his illness is called Marcela. His doctor friend tells him to come to his office for a visit. He could have another episode and could be fatal.

Eva gets out of the shower and hears Daniel yelling at Leo that when he finds Eva he will have her put in jail for being a thief.

Julio sends Renata out. He tells is doctor friend, Marcos, that the new medication he has probably has poison in it too. Marcos believes someone is trying to kill him. Julio believes it’s Marcela.

Eva is still listening as Daniel tells Leo he believes that if he doesn’t pursue it, then she will destroy him. Leo tells him to calm down. Daniel says he can’t help it, he hates her. Yes, I know replies Leo. I know you will turn her into the police right now if you saw her in the rage your in. Yes of course replies Daniel. So go home, calm down and think things through says Leo. No yells Daniel. I won’t calm down until I see her in jail. Leo offers to give him back the money that she took if it makes him feel better. No yells Daniel. It’s not about the money; it’s about her knowing that she cannot get away with it. That I will be happy with the life that I should never have left. With that he storms out. Eva chooses that minute to come out of the bedroom, but Leo stops her.

Julio tells Marcos that it’s Marcela because he has asked her for a divorce. I want her totally out of my life. She has distanced Leo and Victoria from me. She wants to be left with my business, my properties and even this house. Especially all my money. So what are you going to do asks Marcos?

Leo tells Eva that he won’t let her make a ridiculous mistake when he stops her from following Daniel. Eva asks him why he called Daniel. I didn’t replies Leo. He knows I come here for a break every once in awhile. He came here to talk about you.

Julio tells Marcos that he has a plan and he needs help. But he doesn’t want to talk about it right now. Right now he’s trying to stop Marcela from causing problems for a very noble girl. Marcos tells him that he is more worried for him. He wants to draw blood to see how much poison he has in him. Let’s hope it’s less then what we think.

Leo wants to know how much Eva heard. Enough to know that he hates me and wants me in jail replies Eva. Did you hear me say that I would pay the money back to him asks Leo. And he turned me down. That’s proves it’s all false. he just wants to get you in trouble with the police. I hate him shouts Eva. Leo tells Eva that Daniel threatened to call the police on Leo if he was hiding Eva. Eva responds by saying let’s see who ends up in jail. Me, for a theft I did not commit or Daniel for killing my father.

Julio vows to defend Eva.

JoJo tells Victoria about Daniel’s behavior at the meeting.

Eva calls and wishes to speak to Julio. Renata answers and tells her off. Luckily Julio walks up and takes the phone away from Renata and tells her to get out. Eva swears to Julio that she did not do anything. Julio says he believes her. He wants to talk to her in person. Eva agrees and is about to tell him, but Leo walks in and yanks the phone away from her. Leo tells her that no one should know where she is at. No one. She tells him that she was speaking with his father. Did you tell him about me asks Leo. No but just like you he cares about me and believes me replies Eva. Give me the phone.

Marisol and Fernando shop for house stuff.

Eva calls Julio again, but Leo says that the phone can be bugged by the police. She quickly hangs up.

More shopping with Marisol and Fernando.

Leo convinces Eva that all she has is him.

Julio calls an attorney friend to come over right away.

Sales clerk gives Fernando the grand total. Over $3000.00. He’s not too happy.

Daniel remembers how his happiness fell apart and his happy moments with Eva.

Fernando pretends he forgot his wallet and they leave the store.

Leo tells Eva she must forget about Daniel.

Daniel recalls his conversation with Leo. Victoria walks in.

Alicia calls Leo.

Monday: Marcela finds out that Julio talked to Eva and she confronts him about it; someone breaks into the house with Eva alone in it.

Labels:


Comments:
can someone tag this for me, please? thanks. sorry for being so late. ran out of battery last night and woke up with a headache this morning.
 

I did! Thanks again!
 

Thanks, Gloria, for the fine recap. I don't have much to add, except that "Fernando" is Francisco. For the most part, I'm tired of the Francisco/Marisol sub-plot, but I found it rather amusing on Friday, especially when Francisco, claiming that he didn't have his credit card with him (did he claim he was robbed? I think so), asks Marisol to pay for it. That, of course, throws HER into a panic, and she readily agrees that they have to hurriedly leave the store and deal with the theft.

I can't imagine that Daniel will really go back to Icky, though everything points in that direction. But surely her attempts to kill him, coupled with how devastated Laurita would be if he and Icky got back together, will stop him. ¡Ojala!

I'm really looking forward to tonight's episode, though I suspect I'll be disappointed. It's far too soon for things to start working out and for the Bad Guys to be undone. So I guess the best we can hope for are some interesting plot twists.
 

Gloria: Thank you so much! No apologies are necessary!

This was another very disturbing capitulo. Neither of the protagonists are using their brains, but what's new.

However, it does distress me to see yet another female portrayed as a very stupid woman and Eva is behaving very stupidly...except when it comes to asking Don J for advice.

I think enough dirty tricks have been played by the evil threesome that it will be a long time before it is unraveled.

I think we are in for a long haul a la STuD.

Thank you again, Gloria!!

Susanita
 

Gloria, great recap, thanks.

Boy, that Leo is one silver tongued devil - must take after Mommie Dearest.

The best part was the business meeting. I hope they give us more of the Bruno story before long because I am really tired of Leo and Icky. Who is woman he is always taking to but we never see?

Is Eva really Julio daughter that was switched at birth during the earthquake - maybe accidentally or on purpose?

There are sure a lot of questions to be answered so they need to move this plot along.

Rosemary


Are we going to get more clues about why Eva & Alicia's dad wanted them to go to LA?
 

Ugh, things are getting bad! Now I'm really hooked. I have a feeling it's going to be awhile before things start getting better.

I think they are doing a good job with this one...mostly, but though the actress playing Eva is very pretty and does the innocent virginal thing well, she just doesn't have that much prescence or the voice to carry all this off. IMHO.

O/T-Has anyone seen "Casi Divas"? I streamed it last night on Netflix and our Marisol is a main character as well as Ana Leyevska from "Querida Enemiga". It's a very fun movie, but deeper and more serious than it seems at first blush.

Kind of a behind the scenes comedy about Telenovelas, but also a portrait of Mexico through the lives of several girls from various parts who come together for a competition to see who will be the next Diva.
 

Thanks for getting this done in spite of your headache, pobrecita! My condolences! I hope you feel great, soon.
Does it seem that Leo is already laying groundwork to discredit Dan, for the day finally, that Dan finds out Eva thinks he killed her father, and of course says, "wait, dude, I loaned you my car that day..."
Or did Leo drive that car that day without Dan knowing it? I never saw that first episode.
Thanks for condensing the Francisco/Marisol shopping expedition, that was certainly painful.
Why, oh why, is Julio delaying getting treatment for being poisoned?
 

And Randy, I think Eva lost that little innocent virginal thing that night in that forest, as I recall. ;-D
 

Dan knows that Leo drove the car, and also that he had a little "mishap" in it...this is why the car needs a new part, etc. But Dan doesn't know that what Leo hit was a PERSON, much less that the person died, much much less that it was Eva's dad. Vicky and Claudia also know that Leo was driving that day and hit something, but they may be willing to side with whatever lies Leo tells.
 

Re Eva switched at birth? Was there some hint of that? I don;t remember it.

What about the mother in France?

This is getting pretty confusing.

I'm really disappoinbted in Dano's character lately. Like Eva, too quick to believe the worst

Kalum
 

Kalum, not there has been no hint of switched at birth but there is a strong attraction between Julio and Evan and I refuse to believe that Icky has one drop of Don Julio's sangre.

I think I saw that Blanca Soto (Eva) is going to be on Don Francisco tonight.

Rosemary
 

Thanks for the recap Gloria. I'm depending on you recappers b/c I can't watch this torment. I really hate that characters that had some intelligence have lost it all. And the web of lies is really deep.
 

It's true, as Julia says, that Icky and Claudia also know that Leo had some kind of accident when he was driving Dan's red car. Neither of them knows that Leo hit a person, and certainly it's probable that Icky will agree with anything Leo says (unless, of course, she and Dan have somehow reconciled--oh God, I hope not!!). Claudia, however, is pretty bitter toward Leo for not wanting the child she had and lost, and it's not at all clear that she'd support Leo's side of the story. At least, I hope not.

Until now, the pacing of this telenovela has been rather different from that of most TNs I've seen. We haven't had one interminably long and painful misunderstanding that has gone on for weeks if not months. Instead, we've had a series of problems that looked bleak but were surprisingly quickly resolved. I'm not sure whether the TN has now changed gears and is slowing down, or whether even the current problems will be cleared up pretty quickly--only to be followed by others we haven't anticipated. I'm hoping for the latter, but....
 

Gloria: My favorite line - "Where else can she find a boy toy?" Good one!
===============

Juanita: Like you, I'm hoping for the latter alternative also to keep this TN hopping and fun.
==========
Kalum: no switch at birth that we know of yet. I thought possibly, but it's not been hinted at in the script.
===============
Rosemary: Bruno's cousin who we think also works for the agency is his partner in this crime.
 

Thanks for the recap Gloria.
 

Karen im with you I havent been able to watch the last two shows b/c of all the torment and stupidity going on. I really hope we dont have to wait months for everything to be cleared up.
 

Marisol is being such a snotty jerk... i hated the shopping scenes but I think Harry G. did all he could to make them not so silly. Loved the faces he put around at first when she kept saying they needed 3 different sets of china, one for major dinner parties, one for casual gatherings and another for the daily use and eating out in yard... and then she kept saying out loud that the prices were too expensive (wait, aren't you playing a rich woman and you can't afford a $900 chair? GMAB!!) and fell in love with that one (had to be the last in stock of course) lamp which was $1200 and since it was the last one they would have to buy it on the spot. and Fran came up with the story that he left his wallet elsewhere and her face got pale when he told her to pay for it herself this time...

BTW, the hands on Eva at the previews I could tell were Tony's but just because I know the actor used to be heavy and lost a lot of weight in last yr or so.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder