Tuesday, January 18, 2011

La Verdad Oculta #85: Dora the explorer again -- so long suckas



Adolfo not only knows about the tumor but concludes it's why "Mario" is pressuring him to end the contract. When he then insults Gabriela's efforts to step into management, Leonardo and Abelardo must prevent "Mario" bounding over the desk to throttle Adolfo.

As "Mario" exits, he promises that his children will save the company. At Leonardo's admonition that Adolfo take care, considering the deck already stacked against him, Adolfo laughs and demands proof. Leonardo warns him he doesn't belong in the director's chair: the only place he belongs is a jail cell.

At Elsa's, once again Caramelo can't locate her special letter. A happy call to Asunción confirms its whereabouts -- and Elsa's regrets that Caramelo wants them to all live together, which is impossible now. Back at Juan José's, Asunción's jacket needs dry cleaning; and Chicles uses the chance to steal back the letter out of the pocket.

Across town at dinner, Mina rhapsodizes to Alejandra the shame that David's gorgeous bod is confined to a wheel chair -- and wonders when love will ever come to her. Alejandra concludes very personally that looking for love, it never comes; and when it does, then you're sorry it did.

In the kitchen at Juan José's, Asunción notes to Lucha failing to find Caramelo's special letter among his removed pocket items. Across the way in Mario's office, agitated Santiago admits he should control himself; but gets David geared up to sock Adolfo over insulting Gabriela, too.

Abelardo calms them and reveals to David Adolfo knows about the tumor, and they angrily figure Bertha snooped in Mario's planner to discover his doctor's name. Outside in the hallway, Gabriela's first to question the absence of Dora, without alarm as yet.

As David's stunning wife heads out to study with Juan José, Santiago counsels David first hand about the hazards of his jealousy peeking out. Bertha visits Alejandra's office, where Alejandra offers to help her sister with an apartment, relieving Bertha greatly.

Sure enough, Abelardo learns and tells David and Santiago about Bertha's visit to Mario's doctor, and now there's no way David would welcome that twit back. Abelardo goes to check for Dora, and David is just concluding he'll have to somehow return to work to thwart Adolfo when Abelardo rushes in and reports Dora missing!

They decide to summon Leonardo over there to help. At Juan José's, Lucha wrote out a fake replacement letter, which fools Caramelo not for a second. Caramelo's letter was written so nicely, and the fake one's not. Frustrated at Chicles again, she falls into Asunción's arms, crying she wants to stay there with him.

Half-clothed Zaida visits Juan José at the hotel and is just clamping him suddenly in her grip when Gabriela enters, shocked to witness the kiss. Zaida exits and despite Juan José's protests, Gabriela politely follows. Leonardo arrives at Mario's and denies Dora's disappearance would be due to Adolfo's threats or kidnapping.

Adolfo doesn't know she's a murder witness or David's mother. Leonardo admits he's the one likely scared her off. He grilled her forcefully on his last visit. Her testimony would solve all their problems, without the letter, which apparently Susana stole -- not Bertha, Leonardo reveals to the men.

Her convict husband confirmed she took the letter, the picture, the shoes and the diamonds and disappeared. But most urgently Leonardo wants to find Dora! And unfortunately no one thought to ask her where she returned from the last time, in the emergency of the shooting spree.

At a cafe, Bertha's friend can hardly believe Bertha's sugar daddy only asks her a few platonic -- albeit dangerous -- favors. Still, Bertha's certain if Adolfo knew about her and Carlos, he'd murder them both. Her friend concludes to risk so much, Bertha must care about Carlos; and Bertha dreamily admits she does and he's the only one cares about her without wanting something.

Lunch time at Mario's, Gabriela raises Alejandra's suspicion asking if things are good between her and Juan José, but won't elaborate. Across the alley at Juan José's, he breaks up a fight between Caramelo and Chicles about a stolen letter and briefcase. He's shocked Chicles robbed Garnica and learns a letter supposedly went to the dry cleaners.

Back at the lunch table, David angrily brings Alejandra up to date about Dora, the tumor -- and Bertha's treachery at the doctor's, which propels Alejandra backwards on helping her sister. After Alejandra's exit, Gabriela reveals to David that she encountered Juan José kissing another woman.

Across town at Elsa's, Asuncion explains to her with barely restrained enthusiasm that Caramelo wants to return to Juan José's; and when she reports in frustration she can't legally renege on the adoption contract, he posits that she should inquire if he might get serious and learn how to read and adopt her himself.

In Mario's office, David regretfully reveals to Alejandra what Gabriela told him. When Alejandra hears Juan José was kissing another woman, she shrieks Elsa's name in shock; but then learns it must be the business associate, Zaida, instead.

Juan José lays down to the law to Zaida at a business dinner before Mauricio arrives; and she apologizes, promising she's more interested in business and will stick to that. Meanwhile in her room, Alejandra agonizes in devastation past one delicious memory of Juan José after another through her tears.

Adolfo waits in Carlos's office to hear from Zaida; and when Carlos appears, he grills Adolfo about the ring. Why did the policeman want it as evidence? Why did Adolfo want it back? Adolfo doesn't care about it now, though, and rudely orders Carlos scram for his meeting with Dante.

Dante enters as Carlos exits; and upon learning he's Adolfo's son, Dante assumes from his recollection Carlos is the maid's murderer -- which Adolfo angrily denies, pointing out the murderer is fortunately toast. Dante informs Adolfo he has a meeting with the beach investors, including Juan José.

And when Adolfo reveals he wants to ruin Juan José, they both enjoy a belly laugh realizing ruination is their specialty!

Labels:


Comments:
Good evening. :-) Here are the You Tube links for Episode 85:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5
 

Jeri, SUPER SPEEDY ! and beautifully written; will post much later. Muchas gracias.
 

Yay, you were able to use "Dora the Explorer" since Dora decided to became an Exploradora again. Cute pic, too. Thanks for the well written, speedy and helpful recap. I will watch in an hour.

Well, J J at least knows the letter is close to home and then the writers left us hanging until later. I hope Ale asks J J about the kiss and J J can clearly explain to Ale the kiss was forced on him by Zaida and that he has no interest in her. Please no separation without asking or listening to an explanation.

After reading the comments, I can understand why Dora went into hiding but I still feel it's so unfair since J J suffered in jail for 11 years.

GinCA
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Thank you Jeri!

Great acting in that scene in David's office. Adolfo is so cool but slithery, it's easy to hate him. I wanted Leo to throttle him, but Leo was even cooler. When the anvil finally lands on Adolfo it will be a sight to see.

The letter is sooo tantalizingly close to being in JJ's hands. I love what the writers are doing with it. It's frustrating, but fun.

Good grief. Zaida's appearance was proof positive that some women should always wear a bra. Peee-Yeww. That was not sexy. At all. I'm going to have nightmares after seeing that.

I'm not liking Asunsion much right now. He's not thinking about Caramelo at all. I hope he doesn't mess things up too bad. Poor kid.
 

OMG Jeri. I haven't even read the recap yet, I just could not stop laughing after seeing the title and the pic. LOL!!!!!!!!

On to the recap.
 

Good morning; yes, I am just envisioning Juan José going to the dry cleaners now and tearing that place apart.

Leonardo was highly frustrated at Dora, so I guess it's ok for the rest of us to be, too.

Zaida is such a strange person; her manner is just off and always has been. I don't know if it's the actress, but I suspect it is. She has a strange misplaced chuckle that I never understood, and her speech is weird.

She, Adolfo and Dante have something awful planned for Juan José. Not looking forward to that. Maybe that's where Elsa gets bumped off. Wink, wink.

Vivi, oh good! LOL Had it's desired effect.
 

Thank you Aribeth and Vivi for the spectacular recaps of Thursday and Friday's episodes. Thank you for sharing the information on EY Aribeth. Always interesting.

Jeri, I was not expecting the picture. Or the caption. I burst out laughing! Marvelous. Thank you so much for starting my day with such glee!

As always a wonderful recap, written with great style and grace. My favorite line (among many) was "Bertha's treachery at the doctor's, which propels Alejandra backwards on helping her sister".

That little urchin (said with much affection) Chicles is going to be the death of me! That letter has changed hands more than most money. When is it ever going to come to light? The writers are certainly toying with us on this.

Whenever the heroine is sad or upset, I'm usually right there sniffling along with them. However, Ale's tears didn't phaze me in the least. I just don't feel any empathy with or affection for the character.

Zaida is a fashion emergency - that plunging dress was atrocious. She's digging herself in deeper by the minute.

It would be nice to have a romance for Mina. She's feisty, intelligent and caring.

Diana
 

OK. Now I've read the recap and loved it as much as I loved the title and pic. :) Thanks Jeri.

I know Zaida was very forward (and was barely dressed), but she kissed JJ more than once, and he didn't push her away until Gabi walked in. He totally deserves it if Ale gives him a really hard time over it or ends things. He has not called her since the Roberto reveal. He's had plenty of time to think it through and realize he was overreacting. He should have called her by now to appoligize. But he hasn't. He expects her to call him (when he called home he asked Lucha if she had called). And he still walks around calling her his girlfriend. It's time for him to start taking this relationship seriously and start putting some effort into it. Otherwise I think Ale should cut her loses.

Mina- Nice/sane/acttractive/successful women who can't find a guy. Join the club girl.

Could Caramelo's obsession with the letter be one way of coping with her change in home life? It was interesting that she went from being in a panic over the letter, to in tears about being homesick.

Caramelo and Chicles have such realistic fights. The little actress playing Caramelo is very good. She is really in the moment, looks angry for real and not like she's remembered lines or is being fed lines. It also looked like she was doling out some real slaps to Chicles' arm. Poor little guy. :)

I saw the difference between Elsa and Limon in this episode. I love Limon, but I thonk he's been behaving badly in this situation. In the beginning it was all about him and his pain at not being with Cara, and he did nto hesitate to show it to everyone, anytime. When Cara finally started showing homesickness, he perked up. This is music to his ears. He should be feeling worse because Cara is in pain, and should be working extra hard to make her new reality easier. But no. He is feeling better now that Cara is feeling worse, and not talking through the situation with Cara in a way to help her understand or feel better.

When Elsa and Cara had their sad talk, she laid it all out for Cara. She's sad because Cara's sad. She acknowledged what the ideal situation would be (all together in one house), but also explained that it can't be and she's sorry for it. That was a touching scene with Elsa comforting Cara, and Cara comforting Elsa.

The other thing that bugged me about Limon is that he keeps talking about getting an education, but hasn't lifted a finger to do so. Yet, he wants Elsa to give up the adoption process and put her reputation in jeporady by vouching for Limon's supposed upcoming transformation with social services. Lucha is now taking care of the house, so he's had plenty of time to get going on his studies. I won't believe it until I see it, and I don't think Elsa should put her hand in the fire for him until he shows some initiative.
 

Diana, how are things at your house? I agree with you about Chicles! He's going to be the death of me, too. Still can't believe that little scamp stole Garnica's briefcase!

And unfortunately I agree with you about Alejandra and Juan José; I like Alejandra as a character, but their relationship leaves me apathetic. I think it's his fault.

Vivi, can you picture how David would react if nutjob Zaida clamped onto him like that. She'd probably go flying across the room.

The chica who plays Caramelo is a terrific little actress. All the kids in this are good, I think. Paula is good, too.
 

Also I was kind of worried nobody's going to help Bertha now. She'll probably try to move in with Carlos after that, which as she pointed out, would be super tense avoiding Adolfo.

And the way Alejandra's first impulse was to accuse Elsa of being the rogue kisser, that about says it where things stand presently on her accepting everybody living together at Juan José's for Caramelo's sake.
 

The title and the picture: hilarious! Thank you for the recap, Jeri.

Asunción acts like a child. If I was him I would've said: "Elsita, I know you love Caramelo and you would be a great mother, but please, tell me, if I ever become a possible legal guard (you know, I already started school), will you let me adopt her? Or at least could we have shared custody? As long as the nina wants it, too. Please?"
Elsa acted very fairly but she can't do anything since she's Caramelo's mom now and Asunción haven't started school yet. His wish just broke her heart again. Dios mío, I defend Elsa. But so far she really handles this situation well.
 

Jeri, it's snowing up a storm here which is supposed to turn to freezing rain later today. So,ice covered by snow covered by ice. My commute takes over an hour in good weather so anticipate a long ride home later today. Hoping to get back and forth from work safely.

Thank you so much for asking. I hope everyone stays safe and warm.

Diana
 

If the family is mad at Bertha now for giving Adolfo the info about Mario's health, wait till they find out she gave a sworn statement to the police giving Adolfo an alibi for the time he was beating up David!
 

Vivi you are so right about Bertha. I know she's one of the Genoves family, but at this point I think they should just cut all ties to her. I can't help but think Bertha's already too far into the dark side. She has no problem selling her own family out for what she can get or, as in the case with Gabi, for her own entertainment.
 

I caught the last half of LVO and I thought I saw a scene with JJ speaking to Elsa. I can't remember exactly what was said but JJ seemed to apologize about Zaida and Elsa said words to the effect of...."no need to explain to me."

But I never saw that scene in the Youtube links for Episode 85. I was wondering why he was offering an explanation. Did anyone else see it???

Ann-NYC
 

Ann- There was no JJ/Elsa scene last night. It was Gabi who caught him in the kiss with Zaida and told him there was no need to explain to her.
 

Dora, you're making me feel like a sucka too, so I will stop worrying about you and give my sympathy to J J and the rest. At least J J knows the letter is near. Chicles little habit of acquiring other peoples' possessions worked out in this instance.

Vivi, you are right. Zaida's liplock went on too long which gave J J a chance to push her away and extricate himself unless he was temporarily paralyzed...in the brain...like most novela galans. Zaida looks like a recovering drug (meth) addict and her scrawny chest needs to be covered up with a heavy sweater.

Adolfo and Dante's evil cackling is amusing but poor J J is their target.

GinCA
 

Thanks for your input Vivi. I remember Gabi and JJ when she saw them kissing. I could have sworn I saw something like that with him and Elsa. Oh, well....but thanks again. I guess I'm slipping...

Ann-NYC
 

Loved the recap Jeri. So Dora fled again. That letter is just going round and round. Will JJ ever find it at this point?

I just knew Zaida would cause problems for JJ and Alex and of course when JJ sets Zaida straight, Alex learns about the kiss.

So I wonder how will Adolfo and his crime buddy try to set JJ up this time. He already served time for a murder he didn't commit. I wonder if the plan will involve smuggling of some kind.
 

I thought the second scene with JJ and Zaida was funny. Here's how I imagine the conversation:

JJ: Zaida, I don't know how you ever got the impression I was interested in you.

Zaida: Well, when I was at your house the other day you stared at me intently and when I ran my finger across your lips you bit at it playfully... are you telling me you weren't coming on to me?

JJ: No, I have no interest in you. Alejandra is my girlfriend.

Zaida: But you never actually said the words, "Zaida, I'm not interested, I have a girlfriend... until now... after the woman in your office saw us kissing...."

JJ: Oh look! Just in the nick of time! Here's my BFF Mauricio who always pulls my bacon from the fire.

If I were Mauricio I would start charging JJ for all these rescues. God knows JJ shows Mauricio no appreciation. The guy should at least get something.
 

Xlnt:
Here's my BFF Mauricio who always pulls my bacon from the fire.

If I were Mauricio I would start charging JJ for all these rescues.


:DDDDDDD
True!

Other topic: I just started to recap the next episode and realized again (for the 20th time) the music of this show is excellent. Do you remember the music of the scene in which JJ kissed Elsa? And when Caramelo gave Asunción the painting? Wonderful.
 

Thank you Jeri for the great recap. Just loved the title and Dora the Explorer. So cute.

The scene with Elsa and Caramelo put tears in my eyes. Then Caramelo put her little hand against Elsa's cheek, and I nearly cried. That Chicles is a little kleptomaniac, whatever he sees he wants and finds a way to take. Let's see if JJ's brain will work for him and he realizes that it is the Dora's letter.

Adolfo and Dante are real soul mates, lol, they have the same sense of humour. Loved their mutual evil cackle.

Margaret
 

I'm on the road, but made time for the episode, fabulous recap and all the incredible comments. Hopefully, I'll get te share my dos centavos tomorrow.
 

Thanks again, Jeri; here's some comments and questions for the experts:

Re - la carta, I was stunned that
JJ did not follow through with
Chicles on this; I thought that he determined while talking with Chicles that he had found a letter
that had been in Garnica's briefcase; I thought that JJ would DEMAND to know where Chicles had put the letter. I must have misunderstood.

Yes, David has been looking very handsome lately.

I love the music especially the theme song; I would like to revisit the kiss between JJ & Elsa. If you know the number of the episode, please advise.

Bertha's friend is beautiful.
Have you seen her before?

Re - Zaida's attire - Can you
imagine yourself showing up at the office for an important business
meeting like this? ¡Increible!
 

Floridia, Chicles actually found the letter on the sidewalk, so maybe Juan José has not connected it came out of the briefcase when Chicles dumped it all out.

But I agree; as I said, I thought Juan José would be tearing up the dry cleaners on the chance it might be the letter.

They're making us die from a thousand cuts on this one.

Thanks so much to everyone for all the great comments and kind words today. :-)
 

Jeri, love the title and photo. It took the sting out of my anger at Dora for doing another runner.

Carlos needs to run too. I wouldn't wish Bertha on anyone. :>
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder