Sunday, January 30, 2011

Llena de Amor #118 (Mex. 123) Fri 1/28/11 The many faces of El Lirio de Plata..

We start with CinDeerella, being upset about being Deefrocked. She climbs onto the bus wailing in her ball gown while Axel searches everywhere for her holding her one shoe.

Doris visits VMar in the hospital, not impressed with the fru frus at the party, except for Deli who looked amazing. Brandon leaves. Doris says all is ready for their trick on Kristel… yeeps! Folks are starting to suspect she and Mari are the same, and she says the only way to throw them off that track is to bring Mari back. Doris agrees this is her specialty, except she wonders where they will get this french hunk that she is married to.

Back to the party where there are all sorts of thank yous and ceremonial money throwing into the bin. Eman finally shows up, and Kristel announces to Ili her impending nuptials to orangeman. Ili says congrats you two are “the perfect match”

Back to the hospital Doris just can’t help herself and makes up VMar who is telling her that LdeP came by for her, and he thinks she is Marinela. She can’t believe how much she is drawn to him. They chat about this for a while, his mystery etc. while in another scene, LdeP is chatting with his henchman about the plot for later.

CinDeerella shows up at the hospital hating the Ruiz de T family. D &VMar try to calm her down and tell her of the same evils that befell them at the hands of this family.

In yet another locale, Axle shows up to find G-man and tells her what happened with Dee, and how they are now novios, and what else happened at the party. G-man promises to help.

Back to the party, Fedra and her rack are chattin’ up Low, who promises to make love to her on top of his desk. She is thrilled at his offer. Sizzle.

There is another discussion happening where Ili tries to convince her Mami to forgive our Low. Ili is in cahoots with him and winks. He smirks a kiss to her. Brandon is confident he’s got the place covered. No LdeP will show up here, nope not a chance. Anvil.

Krissy is making fun AGAIN of poor Dee but Los parientes tell their daughter to respect her brother, well Mama not so much, but Papa does not agree with Mama and reminds Fedra what his Tio thought of her initially. She scoffs that her family is high culture, yeah whatever, she might be high hung but that's about it. Krissy goes on about having them put up her video collage of the happy couple.

Axel finds out that Oliver and G-man are an item, and all is revealed...he tells them of his saga and they all agree Dee must be at the hospi with VMar.

At the party again Muneca thanks Mau, and Emil who thanks everyone for their contributions. Fedra joins him and decides that this charity fundraiser is the appropriate forum for announcing that her daughter will be married and will receive a huge engagement necklace. Anvil of course. We do see a hand signal from Eman to his man at the door indicating the moment we've all been waiting for. Before that though, we get Kristel's video...definitely more than I wanted to see, don't know about you. Was supposed to be family pics but it's very unfamily, unless you call an attempt at making a family that way. :)

Mission successful. Emi is outraged and Fedra throws a tablecloth over the screen. Except that there are about 20 more.

LdeP II is preparing himself for I don't know what, but the imposter Low is getting into costume very anxiously. Just as he finishes and opens the door we have Muni right there, already hot for him.

At the party everyone accuses Mau of taking the video of poor innocent Kristel. Mau of course says he knew not of the video. Ooooh Emi takes out a few episodes of rage beating him up. Mama pulls Kristel away and aks how she could do such a thing, she of course learned from the maestra. That earned her a smack from her Ma. Just then the lights go out and of course all is gone when thye come back up, including Kris's new necklace. Ili screams for her Eman who has also disappeared...uh doesn't he do that like EVERYTIME the LdeP shows up? Huh... :)


There's quite a bit of drama about the necklace etc, and a liria de plata appears on the screen.

OK, funny scene...Muni goes nuts for our Lirio #2...she can't help herself she wants to stay true to her hubby but then realizes that's sort of not necessary and gives in ....Camiiiiilaaaaa he screams she screams loca loca loca....it sounds like dying animals, but I guess they are having fun.


Our Trio of Dee seekers show up at the hospi in time to here that CinDEE has come and gone. Vmar says Mari knows he's not so bad, he apologizes for rudeness from the past, he was forgiven a long time ago. He thanks her for protecting his sis. Gman explains that everyone knows of her duality.

Uh oh...evil maid Nereida rubs it in when Deli returns home. She says Deli is stupid to think she could be anything other than a servant. Neri thinks there is a world of difference between being a servant and being head housekeeper. Hmmm...

Ah back at the luct fest...cute striped boxers...more screaming and then, whoops, mask comes off, it's it's it's LOW!!!!!!!! Big screams now!!

Eman returns to the party he's fine, Emil and Fed go to look for Muni.

Muni is disgusted with Low, he tells her how she charges him up and they have so much fire, this was what was missing. She wonders if he did this onpurpose, and he says uh, yeah, of course, they are back at it when second whoops, Fed and Emil find them. Heee on the desk. Fed snips while he was with his wife on the desk the LdeP was there.

back at hopsi G-man is saying Oliver won't know. VMar repeats how many folks are suspecting already. She tells G-man of her plan for Mari to return.

Back at home Fed is whining about Low's low. Berni reminds her she was never his principal. She is not swayed and whispers slimily into Berni's ear, she will fight for him, Low she has loved as much as Captain Sevilla.

Low returns to the criminal den, explaining he did not get teh necklance back. Ah, I see it now, that was the plan all along. They yell at each other, Ornageman telling him how he messed up and Low bugged that L de P has a "special" relationship with his wife. Ooops. Anyway, he'll get all of that back when his wife gets it.

Ok, finally Berni burstand wants to know what role he plays in Juana's life...shesays never use that name. Berni reminds her he saved her and reinvented her and he is sick of this situation. She thinks he can't be without her, he says he could return ot the sea and find him some one nice. One of these days she might go looking for him to find he is not with her. he leaves and she smirks, sort of fearfully that this might come true... :)

Our trio of well made up dames returns from the hospital to Netty's discussing all the secrets that have come out and how they must not go out any further. Netty thinks this will be hard but agrees, yet begs for the one last secret she knows they are carrying. Ok VMar says they will tell her.

OK now for some non-sequiturs....Kristel is hassling Neri again, wondering how she could have been robbed of what I'm not sure, when paula comes in. Kristel decides it's her lucky day, she has risen in post to be the new Head Housekeeper and she should tell Neri what toliets to go clean. Pau smiles.

Ok, so the secret appears not to have been what we may have thought, instead Jorge LLauma is arriving from Spain today, and they have ot go meet him at the agency, she wants to come, but they say they'll introduce her later. Oh well.



Doris and G-man are worried about her plot.

OK at the agencia, Ilitia meets up with Jorge, they exchange some flirts, he invites her to do a commercial with him. Emil and Eman greet him also. He explains he's here to work with Vmar. Ilitia's smile turns ot a smirk. I like this guy, he's pretty.


And that's it!!!!

Labels:


Comments:
Pretty funny how Lowrenzo's plot to play El Lirio was thwarted by Muneca's, er I mean Camiiiiillla's, adoration of our heroic thief. They don't have quite the spark that Fedra and Lowrenzo have but their scene was a hoot nonetheless. It served to thwart his thievery, irritate Fedra, and set the stage for Muneca to fall in love with Fidel if and when she discovers he's part of team El Lirio.

Thank goodness Delicia has great support from her amigas. I was worried about her but she's got a pretty strong backup team.
 

Hi Kris. Sounds like you had a super-busy weekend to go with this super-busy episode.

Even though I found Muñeca's behavior surprising, it made for a fabulouly funny scene. Had me laughing out loud. Was reminiscent of a smiliar scene in Guapos where a husband and wife, who normally loathed each other, suddenly became hot to trot and were chasing each other all over the library, ripping off clothes. Again...mercifully interrupted. But funny.

Actually, I thought the video was pretty tame. And Delicia (like your Cindeerella by the way) seems to have rebounded and found her spark rather quickly. Good to see. Hang in there amiga. And thanks for your intial effort.
 

Good title by the way.
 

I agree with you Judy, the video was really lame.

Kristel was supposed to inherit Fedra's flexability, but aaaall she did was kiss the slithering snake. But I guess it still is embarassing for the Ruiz Y de Teresa familia.

Way to go Ilitia! I think she tels Kristal she deserves the snake. That means she thinks that her bff as just as bad as Orangy.

I thought it was really funny how Eman stopped his father from punching Mau just to tell him go ahead.

The whole Camila scene was delightful. Especailly seeing serene Muneca going "loca, loca, loca"(insert shaking head)

Maria de NY
 

I forgot one more commic bit, this was an episode full of them.

Did anyone see it when Fedra snatches the box the neclace came in, probably to see if it was real?

Maria de NY
 

I didn't notice that Maria...good call...but I did notice and chuckle at how she mumbled Mauricio's name when she was announcing the engagement, like she could barely stand to acknowledge Kristel was marrying that boob. Lots of wonderful comic touches in this one.

And yes, Camilla/Muñeca loca loca loca and Lorenzo is his dippy striped undershorts. Very funny scene.
 

Kris, thank you for the fun recap and the title was great.I laughed out loud at "Fedra and her rack are chattin’ up Low".

Sylvia, I'm also relieved that Delicia's friends were there for her. Woe is any woman without her girlfriends.

Judy, great reference to Guapos' amorous coupling of the bickering Laura Flores and Cesar Evora (Emiliano and Netty here). Camilla/Muñeca simmering and sizzling. Who'd have thunk? I think Fidel is in for a treat :)

Diana
 

Judy, I think you mentioned the other day how much you love this TN. I just have to agree with that. The plot is moving right along, there's not a poor sub-plot with crummy side characters, the acting is fabulous. And like everyone has pointed out, the little comic tidbits, they are just wonderful.
This TN is definitely spoiling me and makes it hard to watch the more melodramatic offerings out there.

Looking forward to the rest of your recap. Fun remembering all the good stuff from Friday. Loving the previews that have been shown for all the evening shows for February sweeps.
 

Hi Diana and Daisnyjay. Diana, glad you remember that Guapos scene also. It was soooo funny.

And Daisynjay...as I get more telenovelas under my belt, I find I can no longer tolerate the heavy melodrama. At first, I sucked it up because I really really wanted to understand Spanish. But with the language now coming along tolerably, I'm ready to restrict myself to comedy. (That being said, I really enjoyed Mi Pecado which was quite melodramatic. Not sure what made that one different for me but I thought it was awesomely throught provoking.)
 

Excellent recap thus far Kris. I too concur that the Low/Muneca scenes were an absolute riot. I haven't laughed hard like that in a long time. Absolutely hysterical. I think this novela is definitely spoiling me with the heavier drama except for LVO which is an excellent novela.

I too loved all the previews for February sweeps and loved that Delicia had Mari and Doris to lean on.

I'm in agreement that the explicit video was pretty lame.
 

Judy, I think Mi Pecado drew us in because it didn't drag, almost all the characters were fascinating in some way and had levels to them, and the acting was generally really good. I enjoyed Un Nombre as well for those same reasons.

But the latest two offerings after Llena I only watch occasionally and mainly stick to our great recappers, mostly because a lot of the side plots are just boring, or side characters are so uninteresting I can't get pulled in. Glad Llena still a bunch of episodes to go!
 

Thanks for doing this, Kris. Very funny.

I thought the video was pretty tame, too, but obviously they couldn't show too much...the point was that it was obviously a video of the two of them in flagrante delicto, so totally inappropriate to display to the fancy people.

Yes, funny how Emanuel is always in the loo or outside making a phone call when El Lirio strikes. Good thing he happened to be in the conference room with the others during that robbery...too bad Victoria and Muñeca know that wasn't the real Lirio.

So now Muñeca will know that the charity money was stolen while she was in Low's office charming him out of his Lirio suit...and almost certainly the real Lirio will show up to return the money to her for the hospital...and she'll know Low ain't the real thing. Methinks she'll be done with him again, really fast. Or maybe I just hope.

I'm in agreement about loving these comedy shows. This, Guapos, and Gancho are my absolute favorites. I did like Mi Pecado and ENDA, but those were exceptionally well-done serious novelas that kept the plot moving and had really compelling characters.

Although I must say, CCEA was a HOOT to recap, especially after the writers quit and they started recycling the worst script pages over and over and suddenly idiotic Dr. San Moron turned into a miraculous wunderkind.
 

I'm looking forward to tonight's episode. Marianela's "husband" showing up? This guy is a heck of a good sport...I can't wait to see how he shakes things up at the agency and especially with Emanuel.
 

Oh, also, the video may have been dumb, but anything that gets Mau beat up is fine by me. Way to go, Delicia and Mari! Thanks for the assist, Doris and Andre!
 

Kris – what a busy episode for them to throw at you on you busy weekend! Thank you so much for coming through for us.

I was laughing out loud all through this episode too. The scene with Lorenzo and Muneca was a hoot, and Lorenzo’s posing when he was all dressed up as the Lirio really cracked me up. I loved how he struck the Superman hands-on-hips stance when caught in the office by Muneca.
 

Thanks Kris. What fun.

The scene between Muñeca and Lorenzo was one of the funniest ever. On one hand, I didn't want Muñeca getting so passionate with him and on the other hand, their desperate groping was just so hilarious that I was a little disappointed when his mask was removed, but even then there was the payoff of the look on her face. And of course that was quickly followed by Fedra's reaction.

Also when the lights came back on, there were the two cops hugging, the girls sneaking gulps of wine, and that guy kissing on Lorena's thigh, and probably other things which I've forgotten or didn't notice.

A very funny episode.

Carlos
 

thansk for the comments, I think I'm done now, twas a bit of a quicky and I really didn't do all the little funny quirky bits justice, but you all picked them out none the less. I liked the cops hugging too that was pretty cute. I love that this novela doesn't take itself too seriously. this episode really needs some photos, I'll see if I can grab some and post, btu not sure. Anyway thanks agian for waiting, and for the fun comments.
 

I was watching LFMB the other day and noticed that our Nereida was one of the contestants in the Acapulco beauty pageant. Well, either her or another actress who looks exactly like her.

I'd forgotten about Nereida's little demotion. Can Kristel really do that? Did anyone understand her reason? They mentioned stealing but did Kristel actually find out about all the stuff Nereida's been taking, or is she accusing her of something unfounded? I missed part of that scene. I'd love to see Nereida get bossed around and have to do the worst jobs after all the airs she's put on as ama de llaves.

When Nereida was mocking Delicia for falling for Axel and saying she'd turn out like Paula, that made me wonder...why is Max still keeping the Gretel secret from Paula, and why haven't the two of them married already? Maybe it would seem pointless for them to marry at this late stage, but I think it would be a lovely gesture on his part for him to at least ask her. As it is, he's kind of still just stringing her along the way he has for decades without legitimizing their relationship or improving Paula's status. And did he really give ALL his money to Marianela? Surely he wants to leave something to Paula and Gretel to make sure they're taken care of?
 

Julia, I think that Kristal demoted Nereida because she knows that Nereida was the source of the video.

Carlos
 

Oh, right, that makes sense. Did Kristel actually put her two brain cells together and figure out it must have been Nereida?
 

Julia, I didn't realize you're watching LFMB! I thought maybe you wouldn't have the time. Are you enjoying it?
 

I don't have the time, Maggie, but so many people loved it so much, I wanted to see what the fuss was about. And...it's not my favorite telenovela, not by far. I enjoy watching Fernando and Luigi, but most of the other characters I just find annoying. I hate the cuartel and FF through nearly all their scenes now. Ditto Lopez and Ariel. Lety's family seems sweet but dull. So I don't watch the whole thing, I just zing through to the good parts.
 

You're right, Julia, the sidestories are silly in LFMB. The main story was very moving in the Columbian original because the actress played Betty as as delicate and vulnerable as a fawn, whereas Angelica Vale played her more comedically with wierd facial twitches. Jaime Camil is a big improvement, though, and I did enjoy Angelica Vale. I still think it's the best main story I've seen.
 

I'm so late chiming in and already tonight's episode is almost over.

Many thanks Kris! You did a great job covering all the crazy happenings. I almost rolled on the floor during the Low-Muneca scene.

Nerieda was made the ama de llaves through Kristel's influence because she was blackmailing Kristel with the video she took. Now that the video is no longer in her hands (that's what Kristel was asking her about), Kristel took away her promotion. Couldn't have happened to a nicer person.

I agree with you all about the comedic novelas being the faves. I enjoyed Gancho, Dinero and now this one. And Mi Pecado was gripping and thought provoking as you described it Julia. Of the dramatic novelas that was my fave. And LVO is great (mystery and suspense). I have a harder time getting into Eva Luna and Triunfo. I still watch, but am not as invested in the characters. I can easily miss a few episodes and not mind. There is someone on the TdA feed who absolutley hates Llena- thinks it's crap. So that just goes to show that everyone has different tastes!

I have to admit that I really enjoyed the romance in Sorti and the chemistry between the main couple. That one drew me in. But I know others hated it.
 

I'm so glad you have such a great memory, Vivi...these details always slip my mind. I'd forgotten that was how Nereida got her promotion. I just remembered that Nereida knew about Kristel's pregnancy before it was public knowledge and was using that against her.

I like Sortilegio, too. Not as much as the others, and I wasn't really invested in the side stories, but I liked the main plot...especially that the protagonists spent more of the story together than apart, and when they were apart, it was almost always because of outside forces, not their own petty bickering and idiotic misunderstandings.
 

Oh, and I totally agree about max's shabby treatment of Paula. Everytime I think about the fact that:
1) He never stood up to his family for her and married her.
2) Even now that his sister (the only remaining old guard family member) has dies, he has STILL not asked her to marry him.
3) He now knows their child is alive and well, and he has not revealed the secret to her.
4) He has allowed her to waste her life being his servant instead of manning up and marrying her, or setting her free.

It burns me up!
 

Kris, I finally got a chance to read your recap, simply hilarious as usual. I'm so glad you decided to recap on alternate Fridays even though you are super busy.

I thought Jorge was a bit of a skeav in earlier episodes but he looked pretty hot last night. What a sport he is.

Is it me or does it seem that Fedra is systematically destroying all that protects her? Bernardo is already thinking about a life beyond her, she slapped her one child that remains faithful to her, Emiliano is on the verge of investigating her, Lowrenzo will probably start thinking more about Camila and less about Fedra, she is rude and alienating to everybody else. Tick tick tick...

Vivi, bless your great memory. I was thoroughly confused about why Kristel would demote Nereida.

Thanks Kris, loved the recap, loved the episode, can't wait for tonight's which is another 1.5 hours for us on the west coast.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder