Friday, March 11, 2011

Llena de Amor #146 (Mex. 154-155) Thu 3/10/11 Too Much Air Time For The Nasty Orange One--Arrrrgh! And The Real George De-Cloaks

(Llena de Amor Capitulos 154 & 155 re-edited to 1 hour, aired on Univision 3/10/2011) Recap by Audrey

Continued from last night, Jorge and MV have been sitting on a park bench where MV declares her undying love for Emanuel and suggests that maybe Jorge should just return to Spain. Jorge leaves very upset with a parting shot “I just hope you realize the huge mistake you are making opening your heart to Emanuel again.”

“Oh Jorge, Jorge - forgive me!” cries MV as Jorge walks away. And who should show up in the park but el Big Orange Meany (BOM). He nabs MV AGAIN! [Duh - why doesn’t MV have a bodyguard when everyone knows BOM is on the loose!] Mauricio forcibly drags MV away.

Kristel is at the RyD Casa pool talking to a wet and sneezing Lorenzo (after his pool fight with Emiliano). “Neta, te pasaste!” (You truly outdid yourself!). Kristel is furious that Lorenzo came and asked Daddy for her hand. A sneezing Lorenzo is totally confused - he thought that was what she wanted. She’s mortified. She denies she ever demanded that. “But we were going to flee together my love. But everything changed when you gave Muñeca my son.” complains Lorenzo. Kristel is totally not interested in raising HIS escuincle. “Please - keep away.” she demands. “What happened to our plans, my love?” he asks. Sorry - she’s changed her mind. It would be foolish to have a relationship someone who has a thousand problems like him. He’s just too old and now she’s got other plans - namely her super model career. She’s not interested in being an old man’s housewife or nursemaid - no thanks! “Sorry, it’s over! Please leave.” Lorenzo is devastated.

José catches Netty going through stuff in his room at the pension! “I can’t believe you had to look through my stuff!” he cries. “I have a right to know who enters my house,” sulks Netty. “I would have been happy to answer all your questions but you snooped in my room.” “But those papers say you are a murderer! I don’t think you would have been honest.” she replies. José proclaims his innocence. “Twice I have risked my life for people in this pension. Would a bad person have done that?” No matter, Netty asks him to leave her pension today.

Gretel is talking with Paula and Delicia in the Casa RyD foyer. The doorbell rings. Oh! It’s Doctora Chelatina! “¡Hola Tesoro!” “Time for another session” over Gretel’s protest. “Last time I was very clear that there would be no more sessions,” scolds Gretel. “I know, mi amor, and I heard you perfectly, but I was also very clear with you!” says the hair-flipping doctora as she pats Gretel’s hand and chin. “Netty has already paid for the sessions, mi corazón. Just an hour. We need to get your ‘cabales’ back - poo koo ja ja!” [I ADORE doctora Chelatina! I wish (s)he would come visit my house! I could listen to her talk all day! I’d even let her pat my face, LOL!]

In her bedroom, a crying Kristel is begging daddy for forgiveness. “Perdóname, Please! I was soooo confused and hurt...... But it’s all over with Lorenzo.” “I’m going to make sure it is” swears Emiliano. “This is the lowest thing you could have ever done. You have no idea how incredibly disappointed I am in you” and leaves in disgust. Hmm - wow, those were crocodile tears! Kristel wipes them away as soon as Daddy leaves.

Back to Gretel in session with Dra Chelatina. “I want to talk about my sister because I just found out she was involved with Lorenzo who is an awful guy with criminal connections.” “Oh yes, ‘lacras’ like Fonseca and Garduño.” replies Chela. “How did you know?” asks Gretel shocked. “Oh - I’m a well informed woman, I read the papers. And your sister suffers from trastorno de erotomanía y concupiscencia. And you committed the worst error by breaking up with your boyfriend because of her, corazón.” “I know, doctora, if I had Oliver in front of me right now I would give him a bunch of kisses and forgive him.” admits Gretel. “Really?” asks Chela getting all excited. “Excuse me, mi corazón, I need to leave right away - I forgot a conference!” “But doctora you said we had an hour session and that was only 15 mins!” says Gretel, confused. “But you progressed a whole year, mi corazón!” Chela assures Gretel as she breezes out the door.

Cut back to BOM dragging MV away from the park as she struggles and complains to let her go. Mau warns for her to behave herself or else it will go very badly for her. MV resists, and he takes out his gun. “Your destiny is to die in my arms!” and he forces her into his car. Doris sees this and runs after them yelling for help.

José is packing to leave the pension. “Que ironía! I returned to the city to die in peace, and it turns out I get in the middle of a hell worse than what I experienced in prison!” “It’s not my fault you were hiding your life!” complains Netty. “I didn’t hide anything from you. Fine, I’m leaving. And don’t worry - I’m not capable of hurting any woman much less one as lovely as you.” “You lied to me and everyone in this pension.” replies Netty. “I never lied to you - I just kept quiet.” explains José. “There was no reason to tell you the whole story of my life Netty! Besides, if I had told you everything about me, would things have been different?” “Maybe not,” mumbles Netty. Oops - looks like José is having a heart attack! He collapses in a dead faint on the bed. Netty hysterically yells for help.

Kristel is meeting with Mayela in her office. Mayela is going to help Kristel become a supermodel. “The camera loves you, you look terrific” Mayela tells Kristel. “I’ll do anything you tell me!” gushes Kristel. “You’ll be the most sought-after model in Mexico.” promises Mayela. “You can become a even more famous model than Ilitia.” to Kristel’s delight. Mayela is tired of Ilitia’s tantrums and lack of professionalism. “You are coming with me for a week in new York!” Mayela tells Kristel.

The bathing suit fashion show in Acapulco. Brandon looks all fancy in black, shades, and headset while bathing suit models parade past. “Here comes our top international model, Ilitia Porta-Lopez!” says the announcer. “There you are, Ilitia Porta-lopez, standing on your pedestal.” narrates Brandon to himself. “Who could know that behind that smile and apparent self-confidence is a woman frustrated, alone, who doesn’t accept what she is,” he says derisively. But he sure checks out her derriere as she slow-mo saunters past him.

Manzanita and Cristian are at Muñeca’s and Garduña plays Santa Claus outside with the kids. A beaten Lorenzo looks through fence and weeps.

MV is passed out on bed in a room with big evil Mau. “You thought I was going to kill you, but you are no good to me dead! I want to make you mine.” Big nasty thing wakes her up. “Here is your prince and I swear to you I am going to give you much more than a kiss!” She wakes up disoriented. “Here we are in a hotel.” BOM tells her. “What are you going to do?” cries MV. BOM starts to undress - yuck!!!! “People are going to realize I’m gone and they are going to call the police.” MV tells him. “They won’t find us. “Don’t worry - Victoria I’m going to be so patient with you.” [OK - enough already with Mau being such a gross-out sleazoid! ¡Estoy harta!]

Gladiola and Netty are tending a very feverish José at the pension. Netty is thinking they may need to give him an ice bath to bring down the fever. José is delirious, saying stuff, begging for his son. “Tell me the truth - where is my son? What did you do with my son Fedra Curiel?” he demands. Netty and Gladiola are shocked to hear this.

Ug! - OK another horrible scene with Mau this being revenge for Victoria double crossing him and Victoria begging. “Why don’t you like me? I’m handsome enough. I’m the best lover in the world.” asks Mau. “You are bad, violent” explains MV, “some women don’t like that.” Mau complains that he wanted to marry Victoria. Now he wants to see her in a wedding dress.

Over at Casa RyD, Kristel is complaining. “Why is my house filed with police?” Kristel doesn’t believe BOM took Victoria by force. “Oh - Victoria had something going with my ex-puchungito!” “If you don’t have something more intelligent to say - say nothing.” admonishes Emiliano. Manolo reports for duty to help. “Lets go get them! It’s my sister, dude!”

Emanuel is at the pension with Netty and Gladiola. He has come to tell them that BOM kidnapped Victoria. “Please find Brandon Moreno for us.” The ladies totally freak out! “Emanuel you have to do something!” cries Netty. “I need to talk to Morena so he can help us find her.” Gladiola, a little embarrassed, tells Eman she thought he already knew that Ilitia had hired Brandon as her bodyguard and took him to Acapulco with her. Emanuel looks pretty surprised.

We cut to Brandon’s office where Ilitia and Brandon have just returned from Acapulco. Brandon is hugging Ilitia as she tells him she feels safe in his arms. Just at that moment, Fedra walks in [of course!]. “Ilitia Porta-Lopez de Ruiz y de Teresa! What are you doing hugging that man!”

Back at Netty’s. No, Eman didn’t know anything! “Why did Ilitia hire Morena as her guardaespaldas?” Netty thinks if a woman doesn’t tell her husband it’s because she’s hiding something. Eman agrees. Gladiola thinks that’s too harsh. Netty directs Eman’s attention back to the urgency of Victoria’s situation. She thinks el lirio de plata is the one for the job. Eman agrees. He knows Victoria is really important to her. “She’s more important than you even think. You need to do this for her - and yourself too! For now and forever!” cries Netty. Eman is impressed but mystified. “She is...... She is la mujer de tu vida!” Netty finally declares. “Uh-huh?” says Eman, confused. [Those brain wheels looks stuck there again Eman!]

In Brandon’s office Fedra accuses Ilitia of having a roll in the hay with Brandon, which of course Ilitia vehemently denies. “What are you doing with this guy who only wants to ruin our life?” scolds Fedra. Brandon protests he’s just with Ilitia in a professional capacity and they were saying goodbye when Fedra walked in. This is not fooling Fedra for one minute! But Fedra is there with papers to show that Bernardo’s fine has been paid and all Eva’s money has been returned to Marianela, so Brandon should release him right away.

Now Victoria is tied to a chair in Mau’s hotel room. “My god I have to get out of here!” she cries and manages to get her wrists free and calls Eman on the nearby cell.

Back at Casa RyD Jorge gets a call. “This is not a good moment! Oh - now it turns out you need help!” He exits claiming an emergency. Kristel is annoyed about all this fuss over Victoria. She complains how men turn into such apes - i.e. their neurons quit functioning - whenever a woman is in front of them. Andre explains that this is not a game - Victorias life is at risk. “Whatever” says Kristel. She thinks everyone is here all stressed out, but Victoria must be having a great time with her “ex”. Andre looks away disgusted.

Mau returns to the hotel room. He sees that Victoria has managed to unbind her arms. Wow - he’s brought her a wedding dress! He wants to watch her undress slowly and then put it on. Go on - what is she waiting for? Victoria starts begging for mercy. Mau starts kissing on her - she tries to escape. Mau manages to throw her on bed and starts up the kissing again. “Who goes there?” “It is I!” says el lirio de plata! BOM is impactado.

Casa de RyD. Kristel thinks Andre has got the hots for Doris. No way says Andre. Kristel suggests Andre come up to her room for some fun.

Fedra is at a cafe with Ilitia. “What’s wrong with you! You think you are so refined, but it turns out the girl likes chacalones”. Ilitia protests that it was just business with Brandon. Fedra tells her her obligation is to keep her marriage afloat - forget her modeling career. Jorge shows up. “What’s he doing here?” complains Ilitia. “I asked him to come,” replies Fedra. “You don’t need to explain anything to Ilitia,” announces Jorge, “she knows that I’m just as interested in keeping Victoria and Eman apart as you two.” “OK - what stupid things have you been up to now?” he pointedly asks Ilitia. Ilitia protests innocence while Fedra declares Ilitia is having an affair with that policeman Morena. Ilitia then defends herself that Eman refuses to sleep with her so who can blame her for seeking a little affection. Ilitia gets the oft-repeated “you are a woman you have to convince Eman so he won’t go to another woman” speech from Fedra. Jorge tells Fedra to calm down. He’s already told Ilitia she has to do something - but no! “OK - you both keep telling me I have to do something ‘definitive’ but - what?” demands Ilitia, stumped. “I haven’t been able to think of anything!” “Think, mi reina, think!” responds Fedra. “You need to get pregnant by Eman as soon as possible.” “Ahhhh - that!” says Ilitia amazed “Si, mi vida, eso!” snarls Fedra. Ilitia’s brain really has to process this stupendous idea.

In the hotel room, el lirio de plata is beating up BOM. “I’ll not let you abuse a woman again.” BOM grabs his gun but wants to know what is going on between el lirio and Victoria. “It’s none of your business.” replies el lirio as he kicks away the gun.

Andre is definitely revolcandose half-naked on the bed with Kristel when Jacqui bursts through the door to Kristel’s room to harangue Andre once again about his mujeriego ways.

El lirio has BOM down and he has the gun. “What are you going to do, kill me?” taunts Mau. MV must be passed out on the bed again. “No, I’m not garbage like you.” el lirio answers. He disarms the gun. “What did you do to Victoria?” el lirio asks. “That’s how all women are after being with me.” boasts Mau and he gets some real good punches for that nastiness.

OK - we’re back to Kristel’s room again with Jacqui and Andre. We get the typical loud escena de celos with tons of insults exchanged. FF>> Oops - but Doris walks in to announce el lirio found Victoria, and what is happening here? More insults ensue.

Back at the cafe. “You need to tell Eman that you are pregnant as soon as possible.” lectures Fedra. “Yeah - that’ll work!” answers Ilitia sarcastically. “Eman will know I’ve been with another man because your son doesn’t touch me.” “Well - you’re going to have to find a way to be with him - you need to get pregnant as soon as possible. A woman’s job is to conquistar her man.” Fedra tells her. [And here is delicious pivotal bit that was cut: Fedra tells Ilitia - “Well, maybe Eman won’t be with you for love, but he might be with you for spite (despecho).” Fedra then turns and asks Jorge if he is suficiente hombre con “h” to get Victoria into bed with him. Jorge looks extremely annoyed at the question.]

El lirio de plata is beating up on Mauricio some more while MV passed out on the bed. El lirio threatens BOM if he ever messes with that woman again he’s not going to live to tell it and knocks BOM down. He wakes up Victoria. “You’ll never live a nightmare like this again,” el lirio promises and gets ready to carry her out of the window when the Brandon and his policemen burst into the room guns drawn.

Out on the hotel grounds el comisario is giving orders to a pair of policemen to watch the back of the hotel. He notices that the short one of the pair has been eating way too many tacos and tortas - “What a huge belly you have!” That pair goes off to follow orders as Tejeda watches wonderingly. Manolo is ready to take pictures of Fonseca captured!

Up in the room Brandon tells el lirio “You have no escape. Let go Victoria and turn yourself in!” “You’re surrounded!” adds Oliver. “I already told you where we were” el lirio tells Brandon “Victoria is already saved thanks to me. If you had arrived this would not have happened.” Brandon and Oliver don’t care - the hotel is surrounded, if you try to leave you’ll be shot. “Let Victoria go and I’ll let you go.” Brandon tells el lirio to Oliver’s shock.

Now Brandon and Oliver are back down outside at ground level. Brandon is wondering how it is possible that no one has seen el lirio who left out the window with Victoria. Tejeda admits that he didn’t recognize the policeman with Ramirez watching the back of the hotel. Oliver tells him it couldn’t have been Ramirez as he is in the hospital.
Eman shows up at ground level. “Welcome, welcome, may I know what you are doing here?” demands Brandon. Eman claims he is just here to find Victoria. Tejeda arrests Eman over Manolo’s protests.

Jorge is meeting with Fedra in a study at Casa RyD. “Here are the fingerprints - left and right. Blood sample.” Fedra hands this stuff over to Jorge. “Thanks.” says Jorge, “Now lets talk about money.” “You’re dying to know where I hid the inheritance from Luis Felipe, right?” sneers Fedra “Well here it is.” She hands a brochure to Jorge. “I invested that money down to the last cent.” She’s really proud of this luxury resort in Cancun - it’s even bigger than that huge Tower of Babel they constructed in Dubai! Jorge comments on the other investors - Lorenzo, Pantoja, Garduño. Jorge wants 50%, seeing as how he’s Marianela’s husband, or he’ll take it all away from Fedra. “ Look George! 5%” responds Fedra. “Look Fedra, 30%, or the investigation by Luis Felipe will come to light.” “OK - but I want the original of the investigation right away.” answers Fedra. Jorge laughs. “No way! He knows perfectly well that the second he gives over the originals, he is a dead man!” Fedra reminds him what he needs to accomplish with Victoria. Here as some ‘gotitas de sueña feliz’ (little sweet dream drops) and hands a small vial over to Jorge who takes it. “Look, you take care of your part with Ilitia. I know exactly what I need to do.” says Jorge.

At Muñeca’s, she and Garduño are toasting each other with wine. Muñeca is so grateful for the divorce and Garduño giving her Cristián. Muñeca admits that bad guys like el lirio de plata and Garduño bring out her rebellious side. She loves the daring feeling of being with men like him. “I always dreamed of having a woman like you,” Garduño croons at Muñeca. “intelligent, cultured, refined, elegant. Muñeca, I am capable of putting the world at your feet!” and Garduño goes in for the kiss just as Kristel arrives to see it. “Mamá!”

Mauricio is now behind bars. He whines to Brandon. “You think I had something to do with Victoria’s kidnapping?” He claims he was at the hotel to rescue Victoria. This gets a growl and shirt grab through the bars from Brandon. “There were witnesses that saw you force Victoria into your car!” Mauricio claims he and Victoria have a relationship - that he would never force her to do something she didn’t want to and Victoria loves certain little (wink) games. That gets another growl and grab out of Brandon who tells BOM that he is going to see him behind bars for the rest of his life for what he did to Victoria but ALSO what he did to Ilitia! Brandon looks quite impactado at that!

Nereida calls down the stairs at the RyD mansion. Victoria is in her room, but she thinks Victoria is dead!

Back at the pension. Netty can’t eat any of goodies Gladiola tries to hand her because she’s too worried about MV. Oliver comes in with the great news that they found Victoria! “But then we lost her again! El lirio de plata got there first, rescued Victoria and carried her off.” Netty cheers at this news and tells Oliver not to worry because she’s in the best hands ever! Now Netty bites into the goodies in celebration much to Oliver’s puzzlement.

Eman is in Brandon’s office being interrogated. Brandon says he knows Eman is el lirio de plata - why waste anymore time?” “If I’m el lirio, how could I get Victoria to her house if I was detained here the whole time?” challenges Emanuel. “It’s obvious you had help from your accomplices - Fidel and Benigno.” says Brandon disgusted. Eman turns the tables on Brandon by asking about the Acapulco trip where Brandon was supposedly Ilitia’s bodyguard. This totally flusters Brandon.

Jorge is in MV’s bedroom comforting her. She’s very traumatized about her cruel treatment at BOMs hands. “It’s all over now” croons Jorge. In her hand MV has a lirio de plata that el lirio put in her hands when he brought her home. Jorge is annoyed - he doesn’t understand why that guy has so much interest in MV. “What was that important thing you needed to tell me?” asks MV. I have great news Marianela, something you aren’t expecting. I took on the task of investigating Fedras financial dealings. It wasn’t easy” he boasts, and he shows Marianela something inside the brochure he took from Fedra’s study. “Look at this construction company - here is the name of Juana Felipa Pérez. Fedra is investing in a mega tourist complex in Cancun.” “Oh my God!” says MV stunned. “You found it! You found the inheritance from my Dad that Fedra stole from Tia Carlota.” She is delighted. “Thank you! Thank you!” Marianela enthusiastically hugs Jorge who then, over her shoulder, shows the rest of us a truly evil smile!

Avances:
- Ilitia slaps Kristel for daring to sleep with her Dad. Kristel threatens Ilitia right back since she knows all about Brandon.
- The nefarious plan to separate Eman and Victoria progresses. They show Jorge and Victoria at dinner. Then Victoria wakes up in Jorge’s bed.
_________________________

Vocabulary

estar en sus cabales - be in one's right mind

trastorno de erotomanía y concupiscencia - pathological eroticism and concupiscence (unhealthy lust) disorder

resbaloso/a - slippery, flirtatious (in Mexico)

halagos - cajolery

la más cotizada en Mexico - the most sought-after (model) in Mexico

¡Estoy harto/a! - I’m fed up!
revolcarse (con un(a) amante) - wallow; to have a roll in the hay

fregarnos nuestra vida - to ruin our life

eres sumamente mentirosa - you are an extreme liar


¿Quién anda ahí? - Who goes there?

chacalones - big jackals? maybe

mujeriego - womanizer, skirt chaser

conquistar - to win over, make someone fall in love with you; conquer

travesura - mischief

lacra - blemish, scar

guardaespaldas - bodyguard

Labels:


Comments:
Great recap and great vocabulary Audrey. And thanks so much for including the relevant Fedra dialogue that those hacking editors deleted. That was a key line. And Lord knows our Fedra is crafty.

My favorite scene last night was the re-appearance of Doctora Chelatina. Gretel just can't help herself, she bursts into a big smile every time the disguised Oliver appears. I would really love to see the out-takes on these episodes because clearly the actor was just cracking her up the whole time. He is fabulous in the role.

Major surprise: That Muñeca really does seem to be going for Garduño. That I didn't see coming. Thank goodness Ilitia arrived to throw a little cold water on that kiss.

Seeing Low dissed and discarded was pretty funny. But I'm sure he'll weasel his way back into the action somehow.

Audrey, we all, lurkers and commenters alike, owe you a big debt of gratitude for jumping in and recapping these last three weeks. You've done a top notch job and we really appreciate it. Muchas gracias and then some.
 

Judy, thank you for posting this!

Audrey: Your wonderful recap flowed seamlessly - unfortunately, I cannot say the same for whomever did the choppy editing in last night's episode.

One of the many things I am enjoying about your recaps is your translation of pivotal conversations. All delightfully stated. The vocabulary was great.

A few of my favorite lines included: "harangue Andre once again about his mujeriego ways", and "[Those brain wheels looks stuck there again Eman!]"

I totally agree that and also adore "doctora Chelatina". It makes me sad to think some of his scenes were tossed on the cutting room floor.

One of the more interesting developments to me is Muneca getting her bad girl on. Because as you so aptly noted, she loves danger and adventure, wouldn't Chema be the perfect partner for her??

Not looking forward to Jorge's subterfuge leading to more angst and most likely another MV/Eman separation.

Will someone please shoot Mauricio already?? Blech.

Thanks again Audrey. This was stellar.

Diana
 

Judy, our comments crossed. I agree that Muneca does seem to be falling for Garduno. But, as he's not of sound mind, I am hoping the dashing Chema will fulfill her fantasies.

Agree that Oliver and Gretel together (in all of their multiple parts) are fabulous. I am really going to miss the Cristina reunion show for this cast!

Diana
 

I so cracked up when Oliver/Chela started delivering those huge psychology words. The actor is such a riot!

The Gretel Oliver pairing with their alter-egos is so neat. In addition to the male-female relationship, they have Manolo and Oliver as the best buddies action team with lots of male bonding, and now they have Gretel and Chela for warm supportive girl talk bonding. Who needs anyone else?

Muñeca is so totally into Garduño gallant style with her. I'm even starting to like him! I think they are cute together.

Thanks for posting the recap Judy.

Audrey
 

Audrey/JudyB, thank you so much for the recap.

The Muneca/Garduno pairing did not surprise me at all. Even lowly Low turned her on dressed as El Lirio. His kindness to the children was a real plus in Muneca eyes.

Will BOM be invisible when he goes to the carcel and they dress him in orange?

The Oliver/Gretel scenes are always very enjoyable no matter which persona.

It looks like Netty will be stuck with Chema for awhile.

Rosemary
 

Wonderful Audrey. My vacation day hit the skids as we're getting blasted with a snow storm in the Cleveland area. So just enjoying coffee and your wonderful recap.

I agree with all that I could watch Oliver in drag all night. Hope we're still treated to the character later even if Gretel has now forgiven her novio. He's just too perfect!!

Man, that evil smile on "Mi George" was creepy last night. But I do enjoy the way he and Fedra spar. I think she's met her match and I can't help but think though he's a villian in how he wants to break up the major couple, he may turn out to be a force in bringing Fedra down. That can't be all bad.

"Will BOM be invisible when he goes to the carcel and they dress him in orange?" OMG - too funny!!! Wish Il Lirio had caused the jerk a little more pain. Watch, somehow he'll get out again.

Muneca and Garduno - they do sort of fit in a very weird sort of way. Little surprised she's falling so fast, though she's not have anyone "adore" her for some time. Will she convert our lovable crook? Speaking of who - wonder what happens to Lo now? Was sort of sad to see him so devastated, not that he didn't deserve it.

Thoughts and prayers to all those in Japan and where the tsunami's are hitting. So heartbreaking.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

I haven't read comments yet, but is this show looking lately like some missing episodes of El Chapulin Colorado?
Vic/Mar: Ay, now who can defend me??
Eman/Lirio: (jumping in from nowhere or through a window) ME!!!
Vic/Mar: EL CHAPULIN COLORADO!!!... I mean... Lirio de Plata!!!

we seem to be watching that every episode for the last few weeks.
 

These kooky arrivals and escapes aren't very convincing, are they, Martaivett? Particularly hard to believe one can exit from a hotel window carrying a passed out female. But so it goes. These are fairy tales for adults and don't bear thinking about to much.

Daisynjay...I was horrified to hear about the tsunami approaching Japan and then our West Coast. Seems like there has been a lot of apocalyptic weather lately.
 

Could someone post my Eva Luna recap for me? some of my sources are out on vac and it was a great ep... email me at martaivett@yahoo.com and I can send it out.
 

Marta- I just sent you a note.

Audrey- Another winner of a recap. Thank you for adding that detail we did not get to see in the Fedra conversation. Despite their evil plotting, I really enjoyed seeing Fedra and Jorge in mommy/daddy mode scolding Ilitia for not being crafty enough. I also very much enjoyed seeing Low weeping over all he has lost. I was a bit worried when I heard Kristel repeat exactly what I thought her thinking was for giving over Cris to Muneca yesterday. Am I starting to think like Kristel?! Actually, I think dumping Low and focusing on her career, is the best decision Kristel has made this whole show. Of course, she is also now determined to bed every man in her vecinity, but I won't dwell on that bit of crazy decision-making.
 

Thanks for the excellent recap Audrey. This episode was really disjointed with Uni chopping scenes. If they are going to continue combining two shows together, this novela will most likely end in April me thinks whereas if Uni ran all the episodes at their full length it would end in June.

El Liro beat the crap out of Mau didn't he. That's the first when Eman has been really violent.

I can't get enough of Doctora Chelatina/Oliver. He's stealing scenes left and right.

Kristel kicked Lo the the curb. He should've seen it coming.

Jorge plan is dastardly to say the least. He has definitely crossed the line to the baddy side now.

OT. My prayers are with the people in Japan. I agree Judy that the weather and everything that's been going on lately is apocalyptic.
 

Audrey, fabulous job with cap154&155. Since I watch Cap. 154 on internet last night( my late night at work, no DVR in my house)I am glad for your recap so today I know when to stop at 155 so I am caught up tonight.

Love Doctora Chelatina, funny & I am very jealous of her, she/he is very prety & Love her hairstyle. NOT Loving Jorge, he with the upright suit collar-excuse me but that went out when Miami Vice got cancelled. Jorge & BOM are one & hte smae both after Victoria, I hope they suffer the same fate in the end.

I still have no clue how to justify our El Lirio's ability to go in & out of rooms without being noticed. & how he can do the quick change routine as well, must of get those clothes removing genes from his dear Mama.

I did feel just a tiny twinge of sympathy for Lowrenazo watching his happy family with Guardino. Just a little mind you, if it was him & Kristel with the happy family he would not of cared how Muneca felt.

The one scene that I loved that was edited out of Capitulos 154 was when Manolo showed up at RydeT & Kristel seemed to be flirting him up, like she is doing with all men lately. It was truly funny, was not certain what Kristel was saying to our Mano,without captions I'm useless;Audrey, do you remember what was said?

With the horrible news coming out of Japan today & the possible effects form Tsunamis, I feel lucky to be well & famiy is well but I need to get this one criticism off my chest.

I feel with all these edits, we Llena fans are getting ripped off. Sometimes there is padding on these TN's but why start editing these now? Why can't Llena fans get 2 hours worth a night,why is Trunfio getting that treatment. I know there are Trunfio fans but I tried & gave up after the second week. Seriously the only thing worth watching is the end credits,shirtless Max in a kayak, nough said. Watching Maria & Max stare at each other for minutes , with the music playing, now thats padding. Actually The Soup on E channell did a funny spoof on this, showing Maria & Max on the phone just starring lovingly at the phone, if you get a chance watch it, worth the chuckle.
 

@Maureen

Jorge's evil smile was the last scene in 155 before avances.

Yes - Kristel mega-hitting on Manolo was hilarious as was Oliver pointing out to Gretel how bad Kristel is. Sorry - I didn't make any notes of the dialogue. Kristel was pretty dumbfounded that Manolo didn't seem to take the bait though - LOL!

Audrey
 

The Chelatina character just amazes me. You know, Ricardo Margaleff totally outshines Dustin Hoffman in the movie "Toostie". This is an extremely empathetic touchy-feely character which is part of why she is so delightful. It's more than just a man imitating a woman's mannerisms and higher voice. And extremely different from the Oliver character.

It seems that Ricardo Margaleff is able to tap into something very female from inside of himself. I am just so impressed by this. (especially coming from a Mexican hombre)

Audrey
 

I'm interested to know how the ratings for Llena de Amor are. Perhaps that's a factor to why Uni is doing such a butcher job and is in a hurry to get this show finished. I guess they don't have a lot of options with Para Volver A Amar on at the midnight slot. Then again they didn't have a problem moving CS2009 to the graveyard shift due to dismal ratings. In either event, we are getting the shaft and that's not right.
 

Audrey, thanks for the catch up scene, Jorge certainly does have one heck of an evil smile.
 

Okay so I may be off in my calculations. It Uni still combines the two episodes then this will probably end in May. Don't hold me to that. Uni may surprise us and start showing full length episodes again.
 

Thoughts and prayers for Japan.

Thanks,Audry for this excellent recap of another "casserole" (thanks Judy). I kept wondering what happened to Chema. One minute Netty was fussing over him and the next she was downstairs talking to Emanuel as if nothing had happened upstairs. Thanks for nuttin', Univision.

Oliver and Gretel are so cute. I'd also love to see outtakes.

I'm definitely on the 'Jorge is evil' side.
 

Audrey – just wonderful! Thank you so much for including the cut scene about Fedra suggesting Jorge make Eman jealous. When Fedra handed over those knock-out drops I was completely mystified.

It’s just breaking my heart how they’re hacking this up. We’ve watched 30 weeks of this wonderful show and now it’s such a mess that it’s hard to tell what’s going on. Like what happened to Chema? Is the poor guy still lying on the bed with his heart attack/fever? Vikcy was conscious, and the next thing we know she’s passed out. She later says Mau beat her up, but we never saw that.

Our show was #3, after the 8:00 and 9:00 p.m. shows the last time I saw the ratings, about 2 weeks ago – not bad ratings at all!
 

Pirate Babe, the Libray Assistant in me went on google to see about ratings. For the 1st week of february Llena was averaging a 14 share while Eva & Trunfio was averaging 20 share. So that may be Univision reasoning for editing Llena. Still stinks but at least its not like American networks which cancels a series after 1 episode.
 

What happened to Chema? I think Gladiola and Netty managed to bring his fever down and he is now resting comfortably. Which is why the ladies were down in the living area relaxing. Netty is not going to make Chema leave the pension until he recovers his health.

Audrey
 

Maureen – I don’t know if that share number is bad or not, but the 7:00 show always seems to be in the third slot unless it’s a stinker, so the ranking seems normal.

Somewhere back in the beginning I had read somewhere that this had 170 or so episodes. But that might have changed over time..
 

The Mexican release had 206 episodes. 207 if you take into account the final one was 2 hours.

That's a really long TN. So that may be why Univision decided to start compacting. And we're supposedly in ultimas semanas too, which really surprised me when I first saw the designation.

Last night took us through #155 of the original episodes, so there are still 52 one hour episodes to go. That would normally take well over 2 months.

Audrey
 

There are actually 206 episodes..."pre-casserole". So there's still a lot of slashing and hacking to do. I'm sorry to say they're probably going to keep on combining, and in the process we'll miss some cute scenes (like Kristel trying to vamp Manolo).
 

Excellent, Audrey. With the cuts they are making this show is beginning to seem disjointed. Fortunately you have managed to maintain some coherence in the flow of the story. I can't imagine what they can be thinking by cutting it up in this way.

Judy, let me thank you for your recap yesterday. We did not get home until late and I actually just got around to reading your recap and the comments this morning. Like Audrey, you have managed to bring some order into the chaos the severe editing results in. Of course your recap was funny and cleverly written as always.

I'm going to complain to my station rep here in Houston. Maybe she can explain what in the world they may be thinking.

Hasn't Kristel bloomed out. She and Oliver seemed to have both really come into their own in this show. Wouldn't it be fun to see them paired as the protagonists of their own show?

Of course all the actors in this show have done excellent jobs of entertaining us. Now if the heavy handed editors would just leave it alone. I wouldn't even mind if they moved it to afternoons as they did Gancho if that would allow it to be kept intact.

Carlos
 

Gah! I am so mad at the butchers trying to ruin this show!

But I'm delighted with your recap, Audrey. It was way more coherent than the choppy episode and funny as well. I appreciate that you also filled in some of the gaps.

Oliver is about the best thing ever. I could watch him for hours, in any persona.

I really don't like the way Muñeca is encouraging Garduño, even if she's mostly just using him. He may be more polite, but he's just as evil as Lowrenzo if not worse. Seems like a sideways move to me.

Why don't they ever show how El Lirio gets in and out of windows undetected with heavy baggage? Now that I'd love to see.

That swimwear fashion show just utterly confused me. They hired models to parade in bikinis around a resort pool in front of a dozen other people who were hanging out in swimsuits? What was the point of this? I wonder if it made more sense in the uncut version. I also wondered how Brandon and Ilitia got back on friendlier terms. I know they go back and forth very suddenly but it seemed like something was left out. She's dissing him in Acapulco and then all of a sudden they're back in the D.F. hugging.
 

@Julia -Re: Brandon and Ilitia - yes they did leave something out.

Brandon and Ilitia had returned from Acapulco, and she's in his office all pissed because he didn't drop her off at home, but he's in a rush because of Victoria's kidnapping which really makes Ilitia mad. Then she finds out it was Mauricio and she changes her tune. She gets all freaked and babbles about the worst day of her life. At that point Brandon is all arms and gives her a thorough comforting. It is at that point that Fedra walks in.

Otherwise - there was nothing going on with the fashion show other than the walk around the pool. It just looked like some type of publicity photo shoot event or something.

Audrey
 

Wow Audrey! That explanation of how Ilitia and Brandon ended up in an embrace just ticks me off because it adds so much to the characters and the story, and some stupid editor didn't think it was important. I would have rather seen way less of the near rape scene, and all of the Brandon/Ilitia scene.
 

Audrey, thanks so much for filling that in! I'm not sure the person doing the chop job has actually been watching the show...they don't seem to know what's important!
 

I actually think the folks cutting this stuff in half are keeping the absolute essential stuff. Not easy when you have to remove half the content. Yes - I would have liked less BOM abusing MV, but when I look at what they cut - most of it was non-essential. Someone has to be watching the show enough, and know what is coming in future chapters enough, to make the decisions as well as they are.

I wish they hadn't decided to merge, it's choppy, but the people doing it are paying attention IMO.

Audrey
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder