Saturday, April 16, 2011

Triunfo del Amor #92 4/15/11 The Stork Delivers And Dueling Dufi Butt Heads

Mini-Max is about to be born in a small town in paradise --or what would be if Alonso didn’t have to suffer from unrequited love.  Maria has gone into labor.   Alonso has dutifully called Ex-Padre Juan Pablo per Maria’s request and told him to meet them at the small clinic in San Benito; JP has come to the Sandoval manse to fetch Max and tell him that his second child is on the way so that the two can head down to San Benito to give Maria moral support.   Max leaves Augustina in charge of Osguito, aka Mini-Gui, aka Osvaldo Segundo.

Lon is trying his best to race Maria to the clinic and is more nervous than a pile of long-tailed cats in a room full of rocking chairs.  He tells the mini-dude to hang on while horsey after horsey saunter across the main drag in town and slow down his jeep and their progress.  "--Don't worry! Be cool and I'll buy you a little wooden one once you get here!"  (I'm cracking up from all this guy's little one liners, really!  All that hotness and a wisecracking sense of humor, too!  Yowsza!)

Back in the D.F., Victoria, Pepino and Antonieta have set up their meager, new offices for Casa de Victoria, The Redux.  They decide on a dress design do-over for the peso-conscious Mexican woman.  They’ll call the line “Milagros”.   Their new star model of the line is –you guessed it--Milagros del Vecindad!!  Vic and Pepi will go together to find their new modeling marvel later that day. 

Toni’s happy that Vic is cheerful and more animated.  Vic says she’s learned that you never give up in life. Seeing Max taking care of his sickly baby boy was her inspiration.  (Yawn!)  This brings us to Jimena and Toni asks how Jimena is doing these days. (I’m sure it’s only pro-forma.  I can’t believe anyone wants to really hear about this albatross with a hard on for hard liquor and heavy duty downers.)  Vic says she’s been exactly the opposite of Max when it comes to sickly little Osguito.  She shows no interest in the baby and her mental condition gets worse by the day.  (Why does that not surprise us, and why oh why in gawd’s name haven’t they stuck this lunatic female in for a 72 hr. bout of pugilistic endeavor with a padded cell?)

On the drive down to San Benito, Max asks JP if he would tell him the name of Maria’s mother, but JP isn’t tellin’.  He says Max will know when the time is right. 

Back at Casa de los Scandal-Val, Jimmie is complaining to the baby that he is nothing but a useless piece of baggage [bulto=suitcase, lump, bump, baggage.].   The only use he might be is keeping Max chained down to her since Max will never separate himself from his son.  (This broad is so totally stone cold towards this grade A cutie-pie, it makes my teeth ache.  Viewerville eagerly awaits the judicious hand of Dios coming down and flattening the rabid female canine into a pancake with one of Wiley Coyote’s largest anvils.) A moment later,  Augustina comes in to check on the baby and informs Ji that she’s doing this because Max went somewhere on account of a child being born.  Jimmie realizes that it’s got to be Maria Desamparada’s baby he’s gone about, and she goes into another snit-fit.  She chases out Augustina and decides what she’s going to do about it.

In San Benito, Lon arrives with Maria at the clinic and carries her inside.  The doc examines her while Lon paces and prays for an easy birth.  The doctor tells the nurse he’s not happy with what he sees because the baby might not be able to make it down the birth canal on its own.  (The head might be too big for the pelvic opening, I think.)  Just then JP and Max appear.  Lon is ticked to see Max there.  Alonso gives XPJP grief. “--LIke Padre, man, what you gotta bring that jerk wad here for?  You know the score with him and MD.  She don't want him here!  Tell him to make like a friggin’ tree and leave!”   Max gets into Lon’s face.  “--Like Dude, I ain't goin' nowhere, an' anyway, your ugly mug is the one that don't belong here!  Wazzup with that?  She's my woman and I got dibs on daddy-hood, not choo!”  JP jumps in between them and keeps them from breaking each other’s face. “--Act your age and stop arguing like a couple of schoolboys!”   He leaves, totally disgusted with the both of them.  Max gets back in Lon’s face anyway.   “--Like Dude, I'm telling you right now that I ain't goin' nowhere! Ain't nobody stoppin' me from gettin' with my woman!  You been warned!” [Apologies to both Kat and Sara if I don't do the Dude thing justice.  --ed.]

Back at the manse, Ji starts whining about Maria having jumped back into their lives again.   What good’s all this been if that damned cockroach has come back again?  All Jimmie has to show for it is that lump in the crib and her crappy new scar!  “--I hope that your kid is stillborn and that you die giving birth, or that your kid is born crippled or mongoloid! Dammit!  Dammit!  Dammit!”  She starts to scratch and scrape at herself while she repeatedly cusses out Maria.  “--I wish you’d die!  I wish you’d die!”

Milagros and Napo The Naco are cleaning up the snack bar.  Pepi and Vic show up and explain about the new clothing line.  Suddenly Vic feels tightness in her chest and says she feels like she’s having some sort of odd premonition.  She excuses herself to go pray.  FF>>

At the clinic, the doctor tells Maria there’s something seriously wrong and it may be a very difficult birth.  Maria wants to be assured that her baby is going to be saved.  He won’t give her an answer.  (Viewerville is biting their nails to the quick as it is! Damn it, doc!  Say something--anything!  Don’t keep us all hanging out to dry like this!  Stop jerkin’ us around, dammit!)

Meanwhile, JP has gone to the chapel to thank Dios for allowing him the opportunity to be near his daughter  while his grandson is born.  He realizes his mission is nearly done.  All that remains is to reconcile Maria and Victoria. 

Vic starts praying at the same time that whatever the strange presentiment is, that her family, wherever they might be, would be protected. >> 

Meanwhile, the doctor comes out into the waiting room and asks who the papa is.  Lon and Max both answer together.  “--Me!”  Things could get rough in there, says the doc, and he needs to have permission for whatever might come up.  So, he needs whoever the real papa is to suit up and join him in the delivery room, STAT!   Lon says fine, he’s on it!  Max gets in his face and blocks him.  “--Like, Dude that's my job!  I'm the real baby-daddy, Stud-Dud!”

Back in the vecindad, Nathy gets word from JP that Maria’s gone into labor in San Benito, not far from there.  She tells Anita{?),  then Juanjo, Cruz, the jarochas and the prof.   El Alacrán (Damn! Is this guy a dead ringer for The Joker’s poor Mexican relation or what?) is loafing at the top of the stairwell and overhears the conversation.   >>

In the waiting room again, the doc asks who the real baby-daddy is.  Max and Lonnie answer at the same time.  “--I am!”  The doctor doesn’t have time for their stupid antics, he snaps.   Max and Lonnie need to make up their mind about who’s supposed to be going in there-- like yesterday, already! 

In the bowels of the barrio again, El Alacran, aka Scorpion Dude, has heard enough.  He runs to Bernarda to give her the 411 on Maria, namely, that mini-Max and the stork are in transit to San Benito and due there any time now. 

Back at the tiny clinic, Max and Lon are both suiting up.  Max turns around to Lon and attempts to man up.  “--Like Dude, okayokay.  I’m gonna give ya yer due.  I’m glad cuz finally my woman is havin’ my baby, but word up!  You gotta get it into your birdbrain right now that I’m the baby-daddy here!”

Lon keeps suiting up.  “--Like Dude, I don’t think so.  I’ve earned that right!”   “--Oh yeah?”  “--Yeah, Dude!”  “--Like you think so, Dude?”  “--Yeah, Dude!”  “--Okeee, Dude.  Like tell me.  If there was some dude like you tryin’ to snatch away the chance to see your kid born, what would you do, Dude?”  “--Dude, man, no way, Dude. Okay?  No way!”  “--Ok, Dude, me neither! It’s my woman and my kid, Dude.  An’ just in case you didn’t catch my meanin’, I’m gonna be the one in there with Maria, Dude!”   “--Like Dude, you gotta point.  I’ll stick out here just in case any bad sh!t hits the fan, but Dude, ain’t no way I’m not gettin’ in there to see the baby.  Like it or not, I’m goin’ in, too!  So get your pretty-boy nose out my face an’ don’t try me, Dude! “   “--The baby, Dude??”  “--Yeah, Dude.”  “--Sheesh!  Ok, Dude.”

Inside the next room, Maria’s being coached on breathing.  In walks Max.  Maria is suddenly all butterflies and somersaults.  Max shows his pearly whites.  (Viewerville puts their shades on to avoid the brilliance of that beautiful man-hunk smile of his).   He begs Maria not to be sent away.  The doc asks if she wants him to kick his sorrier-than-sorry backside back out, but Maria says no need.  He’s the baby-daddy and has a right to be there. 

Suddenly it’s time to push.  Mini-Max is born in nothin’ flat.  (I swear, that’s gotta be the shortest labor on record ever, totally Guinness-worthy.  Not to mention that Maria looks better than any new mama has a right to, or has ever looked, 2 minutes after giving birth.  (Another Guinness-worthy mentionable.)  In the chapel still, JP hears his grandson’s first cry and says a prayer of thanks.  

Back in the room, Max bonds and then hands new-born Mini-Me over to Maria. Truly a Kodak threesome moment if ever there was one!  >>

News reaches the vecindad and the whole gang party down.  FF>>

Cruz and Fabian take Fernanda to the stables for equine-therapy.  FF>>

Back in Maria’s room at the clinic, Max now asks why Maria disappeared like she did.  She says because it was best for everyone that way, tho’ now she’s happy that Padre JP called and told him.  Just then there’s a knock at the door and Alonso peeks in.  “Can I?”  Maria says of course.  Max is quick to say no but gets one-upped by Maria.   Max is like this is our time together.  Maria says sure, but if it weren’t for Alonso, she’d have been up the creek without a paddle. 

Lonnie’s all “--Hey there, little dudito-bebito!  Finally the little bugger’s here!  Can I hold him?”  Max get’s his big bad baby-daddy on.  “--No, Dude!  Of course you can’t hold my kid!   That ain’t your job!  It’s mine!  Besides, Dude, your sorry backside ain’t even s’posed to be in here!  Dude, you’re usin’ up my kid’s oxygen!”  “--No, Dude!  You got it all wrong, Maxi-pad!  I got exactly the same right as you cuz I was the one takin’ care of Maria and the bump del bebé the whole time you dropped out of existence, Dude!”  “--Dude, like that was only because she disappeared unexpectedly, Dweeb-face!”  Maria breaks in here. “--I left because I didn’t want to obligate you, Max; because I didn’t want you to get into any more problems on my account; and I sure as heck didn’t want to be taking the blame for Jimena’s crazy stunts!”   Max asks her where she was all that time.  “--Like Dude, she was with me!”  “--Like Dude, can you just shut your pie hole?”   “—Dude, at my cabin, with me!”  “--Dude, like can you just shut it for once???”    “--Dude, she was with me --and you were asking!”    Maria can’t get a word in edgewise.

Back at Scandal-val Central, Jimmie forces Augustina to get on the phone with Max and lie that Osguito has got something seriously wrong with him so he’ll come racing back from Maria’s bedside. 

Max tells Augustina that he’s on his way and hangs up.  “--See, Dude?  See?  What did I tell you?  You just get here, you stir things up [alborotar], and you leave.  It’s always the same, Dude!”    “—Like Dude, I didn’t know my being here would get you so bent out of shape!”  “--No, Dude, like she wouldn’t know about that.”  “--Hey, Dude, you dipstick, show a little more respect for my woman, alright?”  Maria asks Max to cool his jets.  Max promises to come back as soon as he can and wants her to be sure to call him if anything happens.   He gets back in Lonnie=Boy’s face.  “--Dude, like don’t choo get nowhere near my woman!  You been warned, Dude!”  “--Dude, not choo, not nobody gives me orders, Dude, especially where she’s concerned.  Word, Dude!”  Maria has Lonnie back off, too.  Max turns back to Maria and tells her sweetly that he’ll be back.  Lon can’t let that one go by untouched.  “--Yeah, Dude, like find a black hole and drop through already.  Better you disappear from all our lives and stop making her suffer!”  “--Like Dude, you can thank your lucky stars, cuz if it wasn’t for my kid then....--!  “--Yeah, Dude, like I yam, dude.  “--Oh yeah?”  “—Yeah,Dude, you idiot!”  Max tells Maria one more time  that he'll be back and to let him know if anything comes up, then leaves.

Once Max is out the door Maria gets on Alonso’s case for the crap the two of them pulled.  He apologizes.  She says it really wasn’t the time for that garbage because she just can’t cope.  Every time she sees Max she realizes she loves him more than ever!  Forlorn Lonnie can only sigh and hang his head.

At the stables again, Fer gets a two-fer: a therapy session and a serenade on horseback.  She enjoys the session, but it super bummed when it’s over and she stops to wonder who in the world would ever fall in love with an invalid like her.  Her two most likely prospects answer at the same time: “Me!”  FF>>

That night back at the manse, one look at Osguito and Max is wise to what Ji pulled on him.  “--What?  I’m supposed to stand with my hands folded while you go running off to that idiot?”  “--That ‘idiot’ just gave birth to my son!”  --Your only son is this one! And your job is to take care of him so you’d better!”  Yeah, says Max, I do, cuz you sure as heck don’t seem to care whether he lives or dies.  This gets Jimmie started on another marathon blame-game session.  It’s all Max’s fault the kid was born sickly so it’s only right that he has to be the one to take care of him.  It’s him having to deal with the consequences.   Max asks her how she can be so heartless with her child.  She won’t even touch him. (I’m wondering what happened with the quickie divorce?  It’s been weeks since Osguito apparently appeared on the scene.) Ji is quick to blame it on post-partum depression and how she feels terrible about giving birth to a weak child.  The whole thing is so emotionally suffocating, she says.  She can’t stand the accusatory looks and the constant complaints.  She's going to go visit Mama Rox for a while.  (Viewerville says do it permanently and give Max custody so nobody but nobody has to see your sorry backside again!)  She can’t leave soon enough for Max.

Back at the clinic, Lonnie tells Maria how the baby looks like her.  Maria says naw, he really looks like his daddy.  Lon makes a major frown.  “--Whatever you say.”  Maria apologizes.  She didn’t mean to make him feel bad.    He says no, he’s the one to apologize, cuz after all, he did promise her he wouldn’t ask for anything more in exchange than what she was willing to give.    As long as he can be near the two of them he’s happy.  (I ain’t buyin’ it.  Might as well assume room temperature and put in your bid for a halo and wings.)   He gets ready to head back to the cabin for the night.  “--Hey, mini-dude.  Don’t let your papa get too close to your mom, hear?”    She groans.  “--Ok.  Maybe just a little teeny bit.”  (Sorry, but I love this guy’s goofy sense of humor and his great timing.  He is a different kind of macho, but he is definitely on my all-time top 10 hot hunnies list.) 

Ok.  Next one to see Maria is JP.  Maria lets him hold Mini-Max and makes a big deal about letting him hold “his grandson”.  The irony is not lost on JP.  Tears come to his eyes as he thanks Dios for another chance to hold in his arms a part of what fate grabbed from him years ago.  Maria is a little confused over what he’s just said.  JP catches himself.  One of these days, he says, now that she’s a mother, she will understand it all; and hopefully when she does, it will bring her to the point of forgiveness.  JP then blesses both of them. 

The screen splits.  Both Maria and Max are holding their children in their arms and humming a lullaby to them as Uni decides it’s time to cue the kayak.

  

Labels:


Comments:
Tks so much Jardinera, I could hardly keep my eyes open for this one, pls go back to 9PM.
 

Jardinera, another winner, thank you so much. I do appreciate your humor in writing some of these dour scenes.

Yes, it was a fast birth, but at least Maria wasn't wearing her jeans.

I loved the scenes with the boys and Fer. Moody Gardens in Galveston, Tx offers hippotherapy for the mentally and physically handicapped, it is quite impressive.

Rosemary
 

Jardinera - Thank you for the snarky recap. :-) I MUTE every time Xi is on the screen, so I count on our recappers to fill me in, just in case anything worthwhile is ever uttered from her mouth.

Max/Maria/newborn definitely was a Kodak moment. It seemed to point out the polarity of this relationship versus Ximena's delivery, etc. One thing I have to give Meh-jía credit for, is his strong emphasis on family values.. normal families, that is.

Fer & Cruz . . . STILL making me smile. Aaawwwww……

Max & Alonso definitely were in a pissing match…. meh …
Ex-padre the hottie gets more hawt every day. For the sake of all women, please do not return to the priesthood, JP.
 

They cued the kayak a little too soon for me last night. I couldn't stand all that antler-bashing, but I cried over that "Kodak threesome moment". Babies & weddings, I'm a sucker even if it's total strangers.

Thank you. Your recap was wonderful as usual. "The head might be too big for the pelvic opening, I think." I think that is exactly what he said; and no doctor in his right mind would have the mother push like that against an inadequate pelvis. He should have been calling for instruments.

I had no idea about equine therapy. It sounds marvelous. How the heck did Cruz get to be such a talented physical therapist? Maybe in between putting out fires & cutting the grass.
 

Wow it's already episode #97!!!
Thanks for the wonderful recap. You guys do a great job.
I agree that Alonso is hot but he talks a little too much for my taste. Max has such a great smile, he lights up any room, but I think he has been a real schmuck about this whole thing. I wish Oz would have to told him his son is really mini-Gui, since he made him marry that witch in the first place.

I agree that Padre seems to get better looking as time goes by. Wish I could pull that off.

I can't imagine what is going to happen now. Everything I can think of is very predictable. Vickie will be a success again, Ji will try to harm Maria's baby somehow, Bernie will try to harm Vicki and Maria's baby and Fer will walk again and fall in love.
 

When Maria was in labor, I kept LOLing over the doctor's facemask. Each time the camera shot came back to him, it was in a slightly different position; nearly off his mouth, nearly off his nose, it kept moving around between takes.
 

Doris, I noticed that also, do face masks come in sizes, it was below his nose at one time.

Chuchi,
you say "it's already chapter #97", I say, OMG it's only chapter 97 & we have 50 or so to go!!!

Difficult birth, for sure a cesarean, they do them when they souldn't. I guess Jimena got one, but she sure deserved it.
 

Variopinta - I figured the facemask thing was a humorous touch on purpose. They don't come in sizes, that I know of, but that one looked small.
 

Thanks for the great recap Jardinera. I,too, fell asleep and appreciated your recap so much.

Did you see the size of that bebe?? When they were holding him about four inches of leg were dangling...lol. :)

Ann-NYC
 

Thanks Jardinera for this smarky snack! I also think Alonso's humor is what we need to stop us from losing it with this TN and Xi.I have been watching TDA on and off and I hope it gets rid of my EL withdrawal.
Thank you and the other recappers for this TN.

Star
 

Dude!!! You totally did the dude thing justice!

Thank you so much for this recap. I was in the middle of tornado alley last night and every time there was an EMS announcement, my screen went black so I didn't even get to see anything. So in all I missed about 20 minutes of the show.

I especially love the thought of a huge anvil dropping on Xi. She is soooo much more loathsome than Ivana from STuD.

I had a student years ago who was very involved in equine therapy and wanted to make it her career. I thought of her last night. I like the way this story line is developing.

You know, Xi is whining about that scar, and I don't get it. I mean, it's not like she was a swimsuit model.
 

hola....thanks for the recap jardinera.....i still think alonso is a jerk....he looks much shorter then Max not as hard body looking either....Max is doing the right thing by taking care of his (what he believes to be his child)but he also has a responsibility to maria and her baby.....i was thinking how it would feel to be torn in 2 places like that....I totally wish i could grab Jimena and rip her hair out.....she is a total nut job...worse then that...i don't even know what to say about a women who treats her baby like she has...i just want to smash her in the ground.....sorry i got carried away....Fer and Cruz....i would ride a horse with him anytime....what a doll....Urban Anthropologist....i just really looked at your picture the other day and your are with Pablo Montero....duh....i really just got a good look at it.....how neat is that.......did u see him in concert or is he a personal friend?....i just recently bought a Cd of his songs......looking for the most recent song but it has not come out yet....thanks again for the recapp
 

sorry ....did not sign....last comment BNinCA
 

Scorpion Dude will definitely attempt to harm Maria, the baby, or both; I'm surprised he hasn't attacked Nathy yet.

Bernarda will definitely attempt to take the baby away from Maria and she will be satanically PO'd when she hears what Maria named him! What she plans to do after that is anyone's guess.

Fer now deserves her redemption, so here's hoping she will walk again. Maybe if Cruz shaves for her...

Ximeana is one of the coldest b!tches I can remember ever in a novela. She rivals Bernarda and Gabriela of FELS. Max is on to her, but that isn't enough.

To BNinCA: That's a backstage photo from about 6 years ago. One of my agency's clients sponsored a private concert tour and most of my department got VIP seating.

Those 5 dozen roses got us the backstage pass. Pablo kissed me three times for them. His reaction made me wonder whether anyone had ever given him a bouquet that size before. After this photo was taken an employee of the venue took the bouquet and disassembled it. It was handed to him half an hour later to distribute to the ladies in the standing room area. They went completemente loca. A photo of this appeared in Mira! a few weeks later.
 

Ximena to Osguito: You're good for nothing, I hate you, you're a burden, what are you good for? *stomps out of room*

Osguito: Dude...what's up with her?
 

First, I wanted to say that I just read the "Care and Feeding of Recappers" link and wanted to apologize for the fact that I have been lurking on this site for several years now, and never thought to post a comment or a thank you for the hard working and dedicated recappers who make this website possible.

I majored in Spanish many, many years ago, spent my junior year at the University of Madrid, but have not done much with my spanish in the years since until I decided to watch a telenovela to, hopefully, get my spanish back. Now, for a few years, I have been watching whatever telenovela has been on Univision 9:00 PM and this site has been invaluable when I have been confused about what I think I heard, or when the weather interfered with my DVR recording of an episode. Thank you all very, very much.

I stuck with TDA when it went to 2 hours per day, and moved to 10:00 PM, but would prefer to get back to an earlier novela (either 8 or 9 PM). Does anybody have any idea what is going on with Univision's programing? Their website indicates they are now doubling up on Teresa episodes, much as they did earlier with TDA. I have DirecTV which does not have Telemundo. Otherwise, I would consider giving up on Univision. Why can't they run one hour episodes and leave them where they are?

I will try to post more often in the future now that I know that doing so is important to the recappers.
 

Rich V, bienvenidos.

I'm an advertising professional and I've worked in the Hispanic market. What I think is going on with Univision is two or more of the following:

1. They may want to scrap the previous 10PM lineup in favor of novelas, which are their highest-rated programs.

2. The two-hour episodes might end after the next finale. The last two weeks of Eva Luna had episodes that were going longer past 9PM than usual.

3. They had previously been promoting a comedy novela called Una Familia con Suerte but those promos have stopped. They may want also to run 2-hour episodes of something until they decide what happens next.

4. Teresa is currently opposite the lower-rated Telemundo novelas while TdA is far along into the best phase of the story (so far) and they want to maintain their edge.

5. If they decide to scrap the previous 10PM checkerboard lineup in favor of a fourth novela hour, this will be a complete reversal of the previous prime: Univision will now have 4 novela hours while Telemundo has 3.

Finally, you can see Telemundo's novelas on their website although you will be a day behind those who get the network.

Personally I wish they'd make a final decision because I want to see the other episodes of Mujeres Asesinas!
 

I really don't understand Alonso's appeal. I've been a bit revolted by him ever since he first appeared, and it's only gotten worse with his obsessive behavior and martyred remarks. I suppose he's conventionally good-looking, but there's something sickening about his face.
 

RichV: Welcome! You are not alone. We have all level of Spanish speakers and aficionados here, as well as all ages and both genders of same. I am always thrilled when a lurker decides to identify and then to become a member of our little group. : ? )
 

Vario/Ann-NYC/: I don't blame you for falling asleep, especially if you're on EDT. I kept falling asleep when I went on vacation in FL, too, with that 10PM business! ¡Ya Basta!
===========
Rosemary: I kept thinking that if Maria was really preggers, no way Alonso could have picked her up and carried her anywhere.
 

That is so true, Jardinera.

The character Alonso is a little overbearing for my tastes...but Mark Tacher is a cutiepatootie in my opinion.
 

Doris: Yep, a pissin' match with Maria the one downstream.....
=============
Ixv: Agnes, I am totally nutz for that little Ozguito baby. The looks on its face are adorable! I made me hate Ji's attitude all the more. It came at me right through the screen. Bravo to casting!
============
Sara: Bummer about the weather! Which state? Well, at least there's daily motion, and I have another site or two you can catch up with. Jes let me know.
============
Chuchi: Welcome to my night! ITA that Oz took the title of head chickensh!t when he listened to Jimena's threats and gave Gui what he wanted.

==============
BNinCA -- When Pablo has music, he sings wonderfully. A capella...not so much.
=================
Star: Glad you're on team Alonso, too! Je, je!
===========
UrbanA: lucky you! How often does that happen for you?
=============
Anon 207: u'r on the mark with Osguito! LOL!
 

Thanks, Jardinera, for a witty and wise recap.

I managed to doze through the hope that Milagros would have a role in the new design campaign. I wondered why Victoria and Pip were at the restaurant.

Back to 9 p.m., I pray!
 

Jardinera- Many thanks for another stellar recap. You captured the pissing contest between the two dudes perfectly. It was so not the time or place and those two need to grow up.

But all the intrigue and drama that started up as soon as Xi and Bernie knew where Maria was made me happy she was not aroound in those final weeks of her pregancy. She would not have gotten any peace. So, although he's pushy and can be annoying at times, I am grateful for Alonso for giving Maria much needed peace and making her smile during those weeks.

I am disappointed that Max didn't get that divorce in all those weeks. What's he waiting for? Wouldn't have been perfect if he could present himself as a free man to Maria when she returned? Instead, he's still in the same boat. In fact, he's in even deeper crap now because it's easier to use emotional blackmail with an actual baby, than one on the way. If he tries to be lovey dovey with Maria, while completely tied to an even more unhinged Xi, nothing has changed. Maria's will be mistress AND his baby-mamma. That's not progress. In fact, that's worse for Maria.
 

Jardinera, you totally rocked your "dude" commentary. The whole aspect of "having" to have the father in the room was rather dumb - there's no requirement anywhere for that.Doc should have left them both out of the room. Lame plot device.

I don't really dislike Alonso,(nor Mark for that matter), but Maria has to realize that the more she allows Al in her life, he's going to get attached to the "little dude". So if she gets to go back to Max, she's just going to pull the rug out from under him "thanks - major dude is back. Have a nice life!"? Not sure where this realtionship is going.

Really not loving JP's, job almost done bit. I know that implies that once mumsy and Maria make up he'll either head back to the priesthood, or heaven forbid, that was some sort of fore-boding comment that he may not make it thru this TN. My hating on the writers will know no bounds if that happens.

And Vivi - so agree with you on the divorce. Xi would never win custody of that child, not if docs and witnesses who destified to her boozing and negligence came forward. He doesn't know the childs is Gui's, so the fact he keeps staying with her in the real world would make no sense....but then this is Telenovaland. Sense never comes into it, I guess.
 

Jardinera, I still haven't watched the episode but I've read and love your recap. Very funny and, of course, very well done.

I'm sorry, but Alonzo simply makes my skin crawl... not the actor himself... the character. I especially don't like his eagerness (in the absence of encouragement from Maria) to claim paternity. Just a bit creepy.

Rosemary mentioned the hippotherapy at Moody Gardens in Galveston. I have a patient who is deeply involved in equine therapy at her stables near us (North of Houston). She mostly works with handicapped children and her description of what they do is heart-warming and fascinating.

When you described the problem, I thought, "So? C-section... problem solved."

Osguito... is that yours? I love it.

Carlos
 

It doesn't seem fair that Padre gets to be with his daughter at the most important time in her life thus far and he knows who the mother is and doesns't tell her so she can share in the birth of her grandchild. I see Padre as not using common sense. All this time he has spent with the daughter and the mom has not been able to. Any thoughts on this. He can tell vic that he is Maria's father and she can take it from there. He is not saying what his mother told him in confession about vic. He is saying he is the father.
 

Jardinera great job as always on the recap and thank you.


ALonso is cute and Maria has needed this separation and peace in her life during her last few months of her pregnancy. But really dude he is overstepping when he tries to claim that baby as his. He knows good and well that Maria has never encouraged him that she would try and think of his as more than just a good friend.This is not the first time he has hung around when he should have been leaving to let Max and Maria discuss their personal business.

Vivi i do agree with you what in the heck is Max waiting for? Get a divorce there has to be someone on the street that day that saw that crazy heifer deliberately wrap her wrist around the seatbelt in your car. Not to mention the other crazy stunt she pulled by trying to throw herself from your car. Along with the booze and pills and the Dr. himself this is the main reason why the baby was in that condition nothing to do with the deliberate accident. Get a divorce pronto.
 

Thanks, Jardinera. I'm not very invested in this show, but I'm still watching ....mostly to see Padre Hottie and those 2 precious baby boys. I don't think I've ever seen this actor . I am impatiently waiting for FC or EY's next novela or the next historical drama. Now that three longrunning American soaps have been cancelled, I wonder if more people might drift over to telenovelas.
 

I heard that it was All My Children and One Life to Live what was the other one General Hospital? If so wow no more American Soaps unbelievable! Isn't Days of our Lives still on i thought that was the longest running soap maybe it's that one.
 

Jardinera, not at all at my last company. One of the issues was that Televisa wasn't allowing actors to come up for the upfronts while the other was that Univision was no longer showing novela previews. I was told that the reason for this was that with more "general market" agencies attending they weren't going to "bore" them with previews they couldn't understand.

WTF???

My response was that understanding the dialogue was secondary to the fact that the gringas would go loca over the galans.

I have also met Marco Antonio Solis and Alejandro Fernandez, the latter of whom hasn't had a concert here in a couple of years.

As to JP's mission statement, I don't think he will meet God prematurely. That would be too cruel to Maria and to us!
 

Traveling Lady: I'm all for going back to the earlier schedule!
======
ViViDC/Blusa: I've figured it'd be emotional blackmail for Max from the moment he said he'd get the divorce. The guy's too easily manipulated by his parents. He can't think for himself. He's purdy to look at but I don't think of him as marriage material. If Maria had some worldliness/intelligence? she'd give Alonso a chance.
===================
daisynjay: ITA -- you can't just kick Alonso to the curb once Max decides to just waltz back into the picture.
===========
Carlos: I thought you'd given up on this TN once Gui offed Ofelia. Anyway, yup, the moniker sort of jumped out at me the minute I started writing.
============
Susanlynn: I got a feeling we're going to have to wait for EY and/or FC. Too many right in a row with these two hunks.
========
UrbanA: Well, you were right about the gringas!
 

So the Padre is on a power trip. . . . Everyone who keeps a secret is on a power trip. They know something that makes them feel powerful, and are not the least bit interested in making anyone's life easier
by revealing the secret.

BORING & STUPID BEHAVIOR!!!! Real life happens when truths are spoken.
 

Jardinera, the demise of Ofelia was a major blow for me. She was both gorgeous and demented... things that make a woman interesting and challenging. Fortunately they resurrected JuanJo so there is still at least one interesting character remaining.

Carlos
 

Thanks, Jardinera, for an excellent recap. Now, if the actual show were equally excellent, we could enjoy it more. I did like the equine therapy and much prefer Cruz and Fab's cooperative rivalry to Max and Alonso's obstructive stupidity. Maria has enough stress without dueling dudes distracting her.
La Paloma
 

Wonderful recap, Comadre Jardinera! You sure put life into this yawner of a novela.

ITA Vivi. I'm over Max and his lack of action. He has done not one thing for Maria or her baby since he knew about the pregnancy. No, money, food, help... nothing, nada, zippo! There are all kinds of ways he could have helped without her knowing it was from him. It's getting real old to hear him say he'll be back for her...
jb
 

Anon.10:27pm - Welcome to the club! A "failure t'commun'cate" is the life blood of telenoveladom and proves what you've said in spades. That's why we suggest wearing one of Doris's specially designed beanies. It makes those of us who use them more inclined to accept the boneheaded behaviors of all the characters who eventually manage to endear themselves to us..... ; ? ))
 

La Paloma/Carlos: ITA, I enjoyed seeing the stables and the "therapy session". (I always love seeing horses, anyway.) We also have a stables on the IL side of the river that offers hippo/equine therapy, tho' mainly the ad blurbs suggest it for the mentally disabled. I now understand the advantage for spinal injuries, tho' I admit I never had even considered it before.
=============
Comadre jb! You can thank the addition of Mark Tacher. You and ViviDC get the ITSA this week re: Max and his milliones de dólares desperdiciados. If he could donate to the sick children of the orphanage, he certainly could have donated something through JP to Nat and Maria's new home situation, beginning with (as someone said earlier TL?) a new coat of paint.
 

Why was Xi scratching and picking at herself? Is she on Meth?
 

Plastic surgery is not always good. Thought you might enjoy these before & after, especially Silvia Pinel

http://www.peopleenespanol.com/pespanol/galleries/0,22491,2065518,00.html?xid=pespdaily04182011
 

Anon. 10:10AM - Constant or excessive scratching for no apparent reason is a symptom of drug abuse. Some say that after the high comes itching and/or a feeling like there are bugs crawling under your skin. Also, flighty behavior and hyper-excitabiity and explosive arguments over small things are other symptoms/signs. Here's a link to the site with the information I found.

http://www.ohsinc.com/index.htm
 

Why hasn't anyone insisted on rehab for Xi? Even when the doc spoke about how the drinking and drugs caused the baby's problems, they all kind of glossed over it, and somehow Maria and/or Max got the most blame heaped on them for Xi's sick baby.
 

Jardinera I enjoyed your recap and your Dude sequences.

Frankly I'm torn about the Max/Alonso situation b/c I'm beyond annoyed with both of them. Max for not getting his divorce and Alonso for displaying all the traits of a stalker consistently.

And aside from Oz being a wimp in not telling Max the truth, what would be the loss if Max finds out the child is not his? At this point, he's taking the kid as he's emotionally attached (since Xi isn't interested) and he's free. Oh, that's right, then things could end too soon. Ack.
 

Vivi just saw your post and you are completely correct. Xi has not had to suffer at all from her past irresponsible behavior. Moreover, she's still acting crazy and no one is addressing this fact. Even if they (the writers) don't want to advance the plot in this manner, isn't anyone in Casa Loca Sandoval concerned about baby Os's safety? If Xi almost killed the child in her womb, what's to stop her now.
 

Nobody (except Max) is concerned about Ozguito's welfare (not even Roxy), as nobody in Casa Sandoval seems to care about Fer's welfare. A gardener and an office worker are the ones taking her to therapy!
 

Jardinera, fantastic recap as always. I like your take on Alonso, this show tends to make the characteres a little irritating in some way or another but Mark Tacher is just adorable and I can't ever not like him in any character he plays.

I wish I could enjoy this novela more because it has two of my favorite young galans: Mark and Marcos Méndez. Hopefully they'll get their chance to shine in Televisa, Mark already has a few leads in other networks but I'd love to see him get a good character here.

Jarocha
 

thanks again for making the weekend a fun one!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder