Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Triunfo del Amor #142 6/6/11 Victoria Grovels, Demente Rants and María Hangs Tough

Now this is a new strategy to build an audience – stealth programming! Here’s the episode Loonyvisión (apparently) didn’t want you to see.


Victoria is at María’s apartment to share her newly granted miracle – María Desamparada is her daughter. But alas, the news isn’t having the desired effect on María. She isn’t quite ready to turn the other cheek when she’s still nursing bruises from the last time she was VicSlapped.

Vic tells her that she’s the one who gave Juan Pablo the magic crucifix. She wants María to know the whole story, how she was a helpless (desvalida) girl who, in her loneliness and sadness, sought love with a man who was forbidden to her, a man who had dedicated himself to God.

Hablando del rey de Roma
PJP prays that MD will forgive Vic and leave her resentment in the past and that the meeting between mother and daughter will be loving and giving. (And what have you been smoking, Padre?)

Padre Jerónimo comes upon PJP and, thinking he’s worrying about his spat with María, reassures him that she’ll come around. It’s more serious than that, JP tells him: Victoria knows the truth and she went to MD’s house to tell her. Jero wonders what Bernie has to say about it. PJP admits she doesn’t know yet but he is hoping she takes the news well, that she repents and leaves her hatred behind. (I ask again. What have you been smoking, Padre?) Jero will pray. Very hard.

Victoria continues: That humble girl, alone in the world, reached out for affection on a night that would end up marking her – And Juan Pablo. And María – forever.

María interrupts her: Please don’t tell me you were a victim!

Yes, says Vic, in a sense she is a victim -- of Bernarda de Iturbide. She’s the one who threatened her, who threw her out of the house. She is the one responsible for all her suffering.

Bernarda de Iturbide is sleeping the sleep of the wicked. She dreams of the flames of hell. She sees the victims of her hideous crimes – Octavio, Tomasa, Mother Superior, the Scorpion guy, Padilla. They remind her of the inferno that awaits her.

Then she dreams of how much she enjoyed holding back the name of Victoria’s daughter. Suddenly she sits up in bed, wide awake, Victoria still in her mind. She resolves that Vic will never know who her daughter is. (Sorry, Demente, that ship has sailed.)

Yeah, Vic knows. But María is no pushover. She knows how to hold a grudge. Victoria tells her that Bernarda hid the fact of her pregnancy from Juan Pablo. And by doing that, she took from them the right to decide what to do with their lives. So she was completely alone when she gave birth to María. She tells the girl: You were born in the street!

You must have despised that infant, says María. No, no, no – Vic hastens to correct her. It was one of the most glorious nights of her life. Once she held her child in her arms, she was no longer alone. She loved that child with all her heart.

María scoffs. You loved me? You abandoned me!

Once again, Vic corrects her and tells how she was run over, was separated from la pequeña María; and from that night never stopped searching for her.

María recalls the nights she spent longing for the love and protection of her mother. Meanwhile Victoria was dreaming of her lost daughter – it was her loss that kept Vic from ever being happy.

Happy, echoes María bitterly as she turns away from Vic. Something you made sure I never was.

But now that Vic knows María is her daughter, she wants her to be happy. María won’t accept what she sees as pity (lastima). Vic is quick to assure her it is love. Yeah, well. Too late, Señora, says María. Now she herself has a child and all her love is for him; he’s not going have a bad mother like she did.

Mala madre! No! Again Vic tries to make her understand: We were victims of circumstance; I was never a bad mother. And I prayed and prayed for a miracle. Your father told me many times that the miracle had been granted but I didn’t see it. You weren’t capable of seeing it, says María. That’s different.

Back at Bernies, PJP comes calling on his ma. With her hair unfettered by the crazy daytime rolls, she looks like a different person. She’s not though.

When JP – ever innocent, ever hopeful – announces that God has finally granted him the miracle he has been praying for, she tries to brush him off: I know you’re a priest and all and miracles are a big deal to you, but can’t it wait until morning?

Afraid not, madre. This miracle has to do with our family:
Gracias a Dios, Victoria ya sabe que María Desamparada es su hija!
(By the grace of God, Vic now knows that MD is her daughter!)

The next scene calls for some audience participation. All together:
No no nooooooooo! The squeamish among you – avert your eyes. Juanjo carries Nati over the threshold and into a balloon-festooned honeymoon bedroom. Ya basta.

Let’s get back to the money scene. Bernarda’s reaction to JP’s miracle – she whacks herself repeatedly in the forehead and mutters “She didn’t deserve to remember it” isn’t exactly what the good padre was hoping for. He reminds her that she’s the one who told Victoria her daughter’s name and sooner or later, she was bound to recall it. And he himself had nothing to do with it. It was God’s work – everything happened when Vic spotted the magic crucifix in MD’s apartment.

Clearly, there’s still some divine work left to be done because, back in the vecindad, María’s not buying what Victoria’s selling. She isn’t Vic’s daughter, she says, and Vic will just have to get used to the idea that she’s never going to find her.

No no no no no. Don’t say that, rejoins Vic. It’s our destiny, it’s a miracle.

Not only did you refuse to see the miracle, replies MD, but you despised me, you humiliated me, you hounded me almost to the point of death –

No, interrupts Vic, I never never wanted you dead –

But María isn’t finished: You made sure I couldn’t get work. If it hadn’t been for Alonso, I’d have been begging in the street. You lost your daughter the moment you caused me harm:
Tengo gradabos en mi alma cada uno de sus insultos, de sus sarcasmos, de sus bofetadas.
(Every one of your insults, every one of your sarcastic remarks, every one of your slaps is etched in my soul.)
And now, she adds, knowing that you are my mother, they hurt a thousand times more.

And all Victoria can do is answer tearfully:
Mi hija, mi pequeña María, perdóname – no sabía lo que había.
(Daughter, my little María, forgive me – I didn’t know what I was doing.)

I’m not your daughter, answers María. I refuse to be.

Let’s check back in with abuelita. Bernie’s got herself good and wound up. She’s hurling curses at Victoria and asking God why he has abandoned her when he should be punishing Victoria. JP is appalled at her blasphemy in praying for another’s punishment. She doesn’t give a rat’s patooty. And for his impertinence in questioning her, she slaps him hard. How dare you, she says. I’m your mother.

Yes, says PJP, precisely. And just look at all the harm you’ve done – You’re on the road to hell!

That observation earns him another hard slap. And then a third! Don’t threaten me with hellfire, she snarls. If that woman hadn’t seduced you, I wouldn’t have been forced to go down this path.

But finally JP seems to be coming out of his 145 episode stupor because he answers: You were already a sinner before I was born.

Here Bernarda covers her face with her hands. Look at me, insists JP:
I know perfectly well what you did to my father and to that woman who died in the flames!

Bernie shakes her crazy head. They had to pay, she says: Your father betrayed me – he seduced me and abandoned me when I had a child on the way. I had no choice.

A small light bulb goes on over JP’s head. Not a halo, friends. Now he gets it – that’s why Demente condemned Victoria and María. They reminded her of herself!

Well now she is beyond his help, or anyone’s. All that is left for her is prayer. And repentance. Set aside the arrogance and accept that you have sinned, he advises. That’s the only path to God’s forgiveness.

Message not received. Sigh. She runs from the room screaming curses. Poor JP sinks to the floor and weeps. He prays.

Back in the balloon room in Acapulco, Nati is Romancing the Stone. Use your imagination. Or not. Pillow talk: He tells Nati that his boss wants him to take a two-month training course out of the city. Will she go with him? To the end of the earth, answers our girl who should be giving seminars in making silk purses out of sows’ ears.

As for the mother-daughter reunion in the vecindad – well, if Victoria is the Titanic, María ya no D is the iceberg. Vic deserves to be rejected, her daughter tells her. Her apologies have come too late.

Vic, frantically rearranging the deck chairs, tries to make María understand how threatened she was by María’s friend, Linda. That woman was trying to destroy Victoria’s marriage, her very life. What would María have done if another woman had tried to destroy her relationship with Max?

Uh oh. Wrong question to ask. Cuz that’s pretty much what Vic has been hell-bent on doing – destroying María’s relationship with Max.

In Casa Sandoval, Max doesn’t understand how Victoria eluded the search party. Why didn’t the troika of Heri, Leonela and Os catch up with her? Os explains that by the time they realized she was gone, she already had a head start on them. Max decides to follow the trail back to the vecindad. Maybe María knows what’s going on.

Meanwhile María has the exquisitely bitter pleasure of spitting Victoria’s own words back in her face:
Yo la tolero pero no la quiero.
(I can tolerate you but I don’t like you)

Victoria begs her to forget the past hurts.

You think it’s so easy to forget? answers María. Have you forgotten Linda?

Anyway, says María, it’s not just one thing. You say Bernarda didn’t let you and my father decide for yourselves. Well you did the same thing to me when you forced Max to marry Ximena.

Again Victoria cries out: My little María, can you forgive me?

María’s reply: Forgive you? Would you forgive my grandmother, Bernarda de Iturbide?

No, never, says Vic. She’s the cause of all my suffering.

And you, rejoins María, are the cause of all mine.

Vic claims it’s different – María is sangre de su sangre. But Bernarda is also sangre de su sangre, María reminds her. And besides, she’s been much more of a mother to her than Vic has. (Ouch!) In her very strange way, she adds. How does Vic have the nerve to come here and expect to make everything better just by saying “I’m your mother”? After all her cruelty?

Vic tries again. She was wrong, confused, her pride as a woman (dignidad de mujer) was wounded.

María is adamant. She tells Vic to leave. She never had a mother, she says, and now she knows she never will.

Now Vic is kneeling at her feet: Is this what you want? she asks. To see me on my knees, pleading for mercy, defeated?

María kneels down and takes Victoria’s hands. Mother and daughter face one another.

At Bernie’s house, the air is filled with blasphemous rants and threats. She shakes her fist at the crucifix on the wall and vows never to forgive that damned Victoria for coming between her and her son. She’ll never let Vic and her daughter be together. They’ll never be happy.
A bell tolls ominously. For whom? For youm, Demente, for youm.

And in the vecindad it’s clear that María’s not in a forgiving frame of mind. Not just yet. Señora, levántese, she says formally. Throwing yourself at my feet accomplishes nothing. You think I’ll forget every blow, every insult, every humiliation? You think I’ll forget how you kept me and Max apart? If our love hadn’t been strong enough, Max wouldn’t be in my life now.

She rejects Victoria’s supplications. Some things can’t be fixed, she says. She wishes her words had moved her but she feels only hatred and scorn:
I don’t love you. You’re a stranger to me – you’ve caused me more suffering than anyone else in my life. You have only one daughter and her name is Fernanda. Your little María is dead. Now leave!

Victoria, stricken, puts her hand on her heart and walks slowly to the door. María turns away and is wracked with sobs.

Instead of sweet William, we get the Alonso mortuary montage. Bummer.

Labels:


Comments:
Wow. This just nuts. I checked in on the Univisión channel shortly before the hour because of the promos about Monday's show even though every single directory showed a two-hour Teresa. So glad I did!
 

Wow - I missed this episode but will definitely check this out later today. Seeing Vic get her tongue-lashing by Maria may be worth the time and effort. I"m actually glad there wasn't a forced mom-daughter angels singing reunion so fast. (We know that will probably come later. )

Good to know the light-bulb Finally went off on PJP. My poor hunk.

Great recapping NM. You really got my interest to see it (and fast forward the JJ/N scene - just too painful. )
 

NovelaMaven,

Thank you for the great recap! I got most of the action but you filled in details that I did not follow correctly. Great job and a few chuckles too.

Man, hard to believe that the padre fathered a child with the cajones that he has! Maybe he thinks it adds to his priestly persona to stay and get his other cheek slapped.

I am guessing we are now going to watch team Maria and her abuela gang up on Victoria. I wonder how the family-telling will go for Victoria or will she even carry through with it since Maria rejected her.

Happily, I had my garbage can/vomit bucket near my bed for the love scenes.


Cindy
 

Oh, one more thing - my station shows this show on from 8 to 9 tonight too. And every night but Thursday.

Cindy
 

WOW last nights episode was AWESOME lol a triumph of 1 solid one hour episode.

Maria D gave it good to Victoria what great scenes I was loving it Maria usually very dumb was so smart to remind Vic of every one of her past acts of bad faith towards her and being a hateful bitch and not to expect her to forgive her.

And Bernie was crazy good last night here comes PJP all happy delivering good news lol what an idiot and he has a huge blowout encounter with his mom.

I thought I saw 3 slaps the initial huge solid slap and when they argue a bit and he informs his mom if she keeps the crazy going she's bound for hell she slaps him hard right handed (2nd slap) and instead of returning a backhand slap to his other check she goes left handed for that one. (3d one)

I pretty much never watch triunfo but I must say I was riveted last night it was so good and funny.
 

Our problems with this week's lineup are kid stuff compared with what went on in Spain in the early 90s. That was when the networks were changing schedules four and five times since the guides were published in a cutthroat ratings war. People cancelled their subscriptions to the TV Guide-type magazines and the magazines finally got even with the networks by putting together an ad campaign blaming them...

Now, on to business: Gracias for translating the lines I was confused about because of the sound. I can't get the CCs because my TV is a year too old for that, so I sometimes need to watch the recording and back up several times. Which I won't have time for when I finally go back to work.

JP is going to get the fallout when he sees Maria again. Or Victoria, for that matter. Padre Jeronimo better be standing by. Max is on his way to Maria's so he will have to handle her tears (if she lets him) while Osvaldo will get Maria's. Or Heriberto, or JP.

Dona Dementa slapped JP three times; even I was impactada. Eva better work fast.

I'm betting on Alonso dying before any wedding ceremony.

I had to avert my eyes after seeing the balloon-filled room. At least we were spared the usual moves with JuanJo rather than any of the other guys.

Padilla will enjoy welcoming Dona Dementa into hell when the time comes.
 

NovelaMaven - Thank you for the great recap. Maria sure dished it right back to Victoria, after all the insults and hatred she (MD) suffered from her. It's always nice to see a protagonista with a spine.

I have to admire the way Victoria can cry buckets and still look beautiful.

It's going to be a wild 'weekend at Bernie's' when all this *stuff* hits the fan.
 

NovelaMaven - excellent recap, I relived the scene, how much I love that when I come on this page. I guess yesterday's episode makes up for most of everything bad about this TN.

I wonder how mom and daughter will make up? Will Max get sick and they play nursemaid, will Maria get sick, will Mom find out the cancer is truly not gone? Will Bernarda the terrible kidnap little PJP and make Maria and mama rescue him? Will Maria's doll make it out of it's box?

To be honest I was hoping that Nati would turn around and play an april fools joke, and remind her husband "no touchy remember those things you said when all you wanted was Linda!" I would have dropped to the floor.
 

I have a plot question. I am thinking of a possible plot line of Alonzo offering some highly relevant information on his death bed.

Maria has made up with her abuela, Alonzo rescued the baby from the nanny. Did the nanny tell Alonzo who kidnapped the baby?

Cindy
 

MovelaMaven, gracias, I was so afraid the recapper would miss this one.
stealth programming! What is going on here, TDA isn't listed in the paper today either.

Tonight was a 3 slap night & pobre Padre got them all.

Victoria is still saying Maria Desamparada over & over, even finding out ella es su hija. She did call her Maria a couple of times.

Glad Maria wasn't so anxious to forgive. Victoria needs to grovel awhile for being such a bitch.
 

I checked the two channels that airs Triunfo and it isnt on all this week until next Monday,so W T HECK IS GOING ON? I live in Central Calif.
Thank you for the recap
 

She most certainly did tell him about Bernarda! Not only that but he added a few observations of his own as to how her life is probably in danger. Don't even get me started on that because it's my single biggest frustration with plot developments.

Anyway, I enjoyed Maria's totally justified critique of Victoria's irrational intolerance. My only complaint is that Maria's logic is challenged by the fact that she forgives Bernarda but not Victoria. I wonder how she would feel if she knew that B kidnapped her son.

Bernarda's lamentations brought unmitigated joy to my soul. Seeing her brought to justice is my main quest. Juan Pablo finally figures things out.
 

How much bad does Maria really know about Bernarda?

Cindy
 

Good morning, folks!

Anon 7:41, Urban and Vario -- yes, it WAS a 3-slapper. I saw them but somehow failed to include the third one when I sat down to write. Perdóneme... me equivoqué ... fue mi culpa ... (Here NM kneels, totalmente arrepentida). ...Er, sorry. I'm just so suggestible. Anyway gang, I fixed it. Now PJP gets his third bofetada.

Cindy,
María has been at the receiving end of Bernie's cruel rants and slaps more than once. She also knows how much B hates Vic. But as far as I know, she is unaware of the murders, kidnaping and arson. Because if she knew any of it, she sure wouldn't be looking to the She-Devil Incarnate for comfort.
 

Finally an episode we can all sink out teeth into. Thank you NovelaMaven, awesome recap. "Romancing the stone" cracked me up.I was thinking how wooden he looked. JJ must be new the love making TN style. It was painful to watch. Hope they keep this trend up. It's great.Maria made me so proud.She gave as good as she got.There was really no reason for Vic to treat her the way she did. I hope she makes her suffer for all she put her through.If she wasn't good enough to be her step-daughter in law,she is certainly not good enough to be her daughter. Thank you to all the wonderful recapers. You are the only reason we watch this train wreck.
 

So let me get this straight Victoria claims she was confused when was this when she thought Maria was after her husband trying to be his mistress so she hired her just to keep a eye on her?

When she went off on the poor girl and humiliated her over a bad make up job from LindaHo'. Was she confused then?

When she conspired with Ximena to have her get back with Max even letting her into her own house to seduce her step son while he was in the shower was she confused then?

Then the Miami trip she getting angry that Maria was with Max at his kayak competition not saying anything to Ximena while she insulted maria in the worst way right by her. Then getting furious with Maria as stood her up and the handsome hotel guy she was trying to use to break her and Max up and telling Maria if she didn't do what she told her to do she would leave her stranded in Miami without her passport and also she wanted her to stay away from Max she knows she is only after him for his money and position. Was she confused then?

Even told Ximena she planned on firing Maria once they got back to Mexico not to worry she wouldn't be by Max anymore. Then almost did backflips when Ximena told her about seducing Max was she confused then?

Then true to her word once they got back to Mexico she called Maria to her office humiliated her once again telling her she was insignificant to her and was nothing but a social climbing slut. Was Victoria confused again?

You do know that during all of these confrontations and insults that Victoria gave Maria she didn't know about LindaHo' and her husband so her excuse is very weak.
 

One other thing some have been saying the reason why Victoria hated Maria so much because she reminded her of herself. That maybe be true to a certain extent but the difference is this,'Victoria went after JP knowing that he was going to become a priest and leaving the next day to start his studying.While both were orphans and were independent Maria never went after Max.

Max chased after Maria so if anyone was a social climbing slut it was Victoria not Maria.

I applaud Maria for everything she said to Victoria last night and she is right the woman who did come between her and Max wasn't Ximena but Victoria.

What in the world did Victoria expect all she had to say i am your mother forgive me for all i did and said to you? What world is she living in?

All the times PJP told her in his hints her miracle was right under her nose and if she stop being so darn haughty and superior and self reflect she would see it.How she was acting just like his mother with her attitude.


Os told her she would regret one day on how she treated Maria.


Maria that was great telling her how she has forgiven her grandmother but she won't forgive her. No Alonso didn't tell Maria it was Bernarda who was responsible for little JP kidnapping.

This was a good episode with the exception of the Nati and JJ Bodas De Noche scene we didn't have to see that.
Max told her repeatedly how she talked about maria she still wouldn't listen.
 

Anon 11:57, I also thought the LindaHo excuse was very weak. I was surprised to hear it. It looked like Vic was trying to tell the truth but unfortunately, she's still lying to herself.
 

NovelaMaven, thanks for the great recap. Just loved your humor.

Way to go - Maria. The night went to Maria for not being taken in by Victoria.

When Victoria at first find out that Maria might be her daughter she couldn't believe it and was besides herself. The resentment and hatred for Maria was still there when she came to have it out with Maria again until she sees the cross. She didn't change her tune until she sees and talks to Padre JP who finally gets to her that María Desamparada is really her daughter. It is only after that she changes her tune.

It is too soon to forgive and forget all that pain and hurt caused by Victoria.

The forgiveness might not happened until the end of this series.

Genevieve
 

thanks for the recap - I didn't watch last night. I'm glad Padre BonBon is finally waking up a little. I just wish he and his confessor would come into the 20th century if not the 21st and figure out that his Mama needs to be committed. As for María, well, she's more like her mother than she or we knew. The whole Alonso part of the story is just too creepy, though. They don't tell him he is dying??
 

Yeah Victoria went crazy because if it was true Maria was her long lost daughter she knew how evil and hateful she was to the poor girl. That's why she needed PJP to confirm if this was true why did Maria have the cross she gave PJP so long ago when he went off to become a priest.She even told PJP after learning the truth how Maria hated her from the way she had treated her.

One other thing i need to add on is last week during the formal asking for Maria's hand in marriage when Victoria went off on Maria again for no apparent reason and Maria told her she wouldn't allow her to see little JP ever again. Victoria told her she couldn't do that she was his grandmother she has her right to see him.I think Maria could have definitely kept Victoria away from little JP because of how she treated her.

I don't think anyone has ever mention or bought up that Victoria never apologized to Maria for getting her fired or how it not only jeopardized Maria but her unborn child too. You would think after she learned Maria was pregnant she would at least had done this? The Dr. even mention that Maria was suffering from malnutrition because she couldn't afford to eat properly.

Yeah Victoria knows deep down her excuse is weak and she did need to kneel down to Maria but she should have done that long before she discovered Maria was her daughter.
 

Good episode, GREAT recap.

About time Padre Guapo finally wised up and let the fur fly. Can he please have his mother committed or arrested now?

Stupid, stupid Vic, still making excuses and expecting instant forgiveness. Does she really not grasp the magnitude of all the damage she did or tried to do to Maria, and for the flimsiest of reasons? I'm glad Maria isn't letting her off easily. She needs to spend a LOT of time reflecting on the many ways in which she's wronged others.

Nati/Juanjo: WHY?! WHY WERE WE SUBJECTED TO THAT?! WHYYYYYYYYYY?! That Nati actress is one heck of a good sport.
 

Juanjo sure needs to watch some Colunga TNs to learn how to kiss.
 

Hi, I'm in California and the TN here is behind. So, I watch it online at darkiller.com so I can keep up. They also show it on dailymotion.com I mention this because you guys said that Univision is playing games with the programming. And, judging by your posts, you guys too are behind on what's happening, due to Univision. I saw episode 161 last night (mon) and tonight they will show episode 162. Please let me know if you guys want a preview, I don't wanna spoil it for anyone. I love the posts. YOu guys are funny!
 

PS- I only discovered Yummy Levy when he did Sortilegio. And, of course and as could be expected, I fell for him lol. So, I am not only watching TDA online, I am also watching Cuidado Con EL Angel on Youtube. **SIGH** is it just me or does he look even better on Cuidado? wow. And I think Maite is such a good actress,she makes me forget that she is playing MD on TDA when I watch Cuidado!

Oh, whoever said they wanted a Linda MOntage made me crack up!
 

Marie,

Thanks for the shout-out from California. So glad you're enjoying the blog.

This is a strictly NO SPOILER zone. A big part of the fun here is trying to guess what happens next. Thanks for asking.

As for WL -- I guess I've never seen him NOT look like Adonis -- well, except in the opening credits where he looks like he's wearing cherry lip gloss. :)
 

I don't have anything to add that hasn't already been said. Great comments; fabulous recap; and a darn good capitulo (other than the Romancing the Stone scenes). Loved seeing Vick grovel and Maria stick it to her.

Marie- I think you may be keeping up with Mexico's schedule if you're on capitulo 160-something. The U.S. always shows Mex tns many weeks or months behind. Don't tell us anything upcoming.

My cable box is showing CME at 7, Teresa at 8, TDA at 9, and either Don Fran or Rosa de Guad at 10 all week except Friday, when there won't be TDA. This is an East Coast schedule.
 

NM thanks for you great recap. ITA w/what others have said. We knew Victoria's behavior was irrationally awful and she is now reaping the meanness she sowed.
 

Please, folks, no more JuanJo. If Nathi ends up embarazada before the end of the series I'm going to barf.

This actress is definitely still paying her dues. Here's hoping she earns the privilege of doing this sort of scene with Valentino Lanus or anyone else of that calibre to make up for this.

The galan who deserves the title of "Adonis" is Eugenio Siller who will probably be running back to Televisa now that Aurora is over.

Based on last night's episode I think Bernarda will get Maria to trust her and then kidnap or shanghai her and the baby. This will be very difficult without Padilla or Scorpion Dude and she will need to make sure that Maria isn't talking to her Papa.

This will lead to an homage to Hammer's Die, Die, My Darling at some location just outside of D.F. We can only hope then that Eva and/or Fausto will save the day by running to Victoria, who will head out there alone -- as usual -- to rescue them without telling anyone. When someone realizes Victoria isn't where she should be, Osvaldo, Max, Padre Hottie, Cruz, and possibly Alonso will run en masse to the rescue.

Sin policia, por supuesto.
 

Oooh, the Nati actress should get a role smooching on Eugenio Siller next, as a reward for putting up with this. According to his former costars, he's got quite the skillz. And he'd be much easier on our eyes, too, what with all the attractiveness and the actual acting instead of standing there like a lump of mud and all.
 

Marie: por supuesto WL looks a bit better on Cuidado; he was younger and had more hair. that's when I first started watching novelas - he got me hooked. he will always be my tn 'Adonis.' even JLo couldn't resist putting him in her music video "I'm Into You." check it out. I'm Into Him is right!!
 

Urban,

Galán-wise, Susana Diazayas's (Nati) career is definitely moving in the wrong direction. Back in 2005 she played Valeria to Aarón Díaz's Andrés in Barrera de Amor. And now this!

Julia,

I'm reminded of what Kate del Castillo told Cristina in the "Reina del Sur" post-show when asked who was the best kisser -- Iván Sánchez, Rafael Amaya or Miguel de Miguel and she answered: Cristina Urgel (playing Patti)!
 

I remember Barrera de Amor very well. Aaron Diaz looked much better in that one, clean-shaven and in a traje de luces.

I know I mentioned this at the outset of this series, but since so many people get bent out of shape about actors' and characters' relative ages I thought I'd mention that if this series had younger actors in the "20 years ago" part of the show Daniela Romo could have been the young Bernarda and Raquel Olmedo the mature one. They look like a good match.

And considering his looks it would not surprise me that Eugenio Siller is a good kisser; think of all the opportunities he gets!
 

I also enjoyed Ramon telling Teresa to stop bothering Mariano and i do believe he will go through with his threat because of the harm her actions are causing Mariano.Mariano can ill afford another scandal because of her and Arturo is powerful enough to do damage to his clinics so Ramon was right in confronting them both.

As for Arturo sneaking around to eavesdrop on Teresa conversation with Aurora and Martin. It was because she behaved suspiciously when she saw that her surprise was visiting Aurora's house where she had her get aways with Mariano. plus her excuse of Martin being there was weak too so that's why i believe Arturo wanted to find out what was going on with her. Now he sees a little but more how she is a hypocrite and a liar.
 

Susana Diasaya, (Natty) also had a brief role in the beginning of "Cuando me enamoro" as the youthful version of a character soon to be made obsolete through the miracle of time-travel.

Indicators that Maria D. was Victoria's daughter.

1. Surnamed 'disamparada'.
2. Orphaned under mysterious wherabouts in D.F. at the same time as mystery Maria.
3. The aproximate age.
4. Similar appearance, coloring, facial characteristics.
5. Victoria has a photo that looks strikingly like Maria age 4.

How many times have we heard Victoria musing as to the wherabouts of her daughter, only to later segway into, "Oh, it's Maria Desamparada". Have you seen the photo of the girl? It looks just like Maria D. Let's face it, there is no excuse for Victoria failing to recognize Maria. You would think that anyone who had an orphaned daughter would be warm-hearted toward an orphan girl no matter what. I say, let Victoria suffer for her stupidity.
 

Breast cancer is a pretty big punishment in terms of novela karma.

I won't say more because I might say too much.
 

Novela Maven, awesome recap! Loved your comment about PJPs breaking out of his 145 episode slump! And the "romancing the stone" was so perfect. Way to add some levity to a horror scene!!!

Oh yes, we are all enjoying Vics come uppance and hope there's lots more where this comes from.

ITA w all the WL and Eugenio Siller fans. Those galans totally got me hooked on TNs. Thanks to awesome recappers, bloggers and my brother Esquip, my Spanish is really improving!

Katy
 

I can't believe that after months of watching this drivel I get deprived of the episode that something good happens. At least I have the wonderful recap, but still. C'mon. I noticed that Teresa was on for the two-hour period, so I didn't think too much about it because I thought I read here yesterday that it wasn't going to be on again till Friday. Anyone know what's going on?
 

Oh manohman! This was good stuff! "The next scene calls for some audience participation. All together:
No no nooooooooo! The squeamish among you – avert your eyes. Juanjo carries Nati over the threshold and into a balloon-festooned honeymoon bedroom. Ya basta." You and most of Viewerville were trackin' on that one, NovelaMaven! LOL! I was giggling so hard!!!
 

NovelaMaven, fabulous recap! Gracias!
Not sure this would be on, although the screen guide said yes. Decided to tune in and was well rewarded.
I was tracking with you when JJ carried Nati into the honeymoon suite. I was so thankful for the balloon blocking some of the view. We usually complain about not seeing enough of the honeymoon, but here we were given TOO MUCH! Nati definitely deserves a prize for making us believe it was a happy experience.
Not a huge Maria fan, but cheered for her standing fast with Vicki, refusing to fall for a quick reunion and foregiveness.
ROFL: "A bell tolls ominously. For whom? For youm, Demente, for youm."
La Paloma
 

Thank you, NM. A great episode by the standards of this novela and one we've been waiting for.

I was truly moved at the start of the encounter between Victoria and Maria. Both actresses kept up their ends very well. By the time that Victoria left the apartment, however, I had about had it with the "m'hija" (shades of La Madrastra) and crying. With Mejia, even the good moments have to be overdone.

Loved all the comments about Nati and JuanJo. Had to FF, too.

Pobre de JP. Man's a saint. Maria has NOOO mother problems in comparison to el Padre.
 

I'm quite surprised that JuanJo and Natty knew what to do in bed. I was figuring those two would not know what to do to each other. Lol.



Ibarramedia
 

I'm just glad there were balloons and not soccer balls!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder