Thursday, December 29, 2011

Una Familia Con Suerte #60-61 Wed 12/28/11 Nobody ever knocks.

Pancho wants to give Beto advice about how to tame his shrewish wife.

Arnoldo takes sexy shots of Sandra in her underwear. He tells her she lost Vince the minute Candy showed up.

Candy to her brother: "Behind his ogreish, monstrous facade, he's marvellous." Pancho doesn't buy it - he has no values. And he's married. And he wants to crush me like a cockroach.

Pina is embracing her vacuum cleaner. Dinner for Enzo?? tomas arrives. I fired Adoracion and I don't know how to do anything! He says he can take care of it. Tripe tacos!

Now arnoldo tells Monica she's very sexy and tells Enzo: "you always look like you smell something bad." Enzo tells Moni she has to go to dinner at Vince's - she begs him to let her absent herself. "I need you at my side."

Sandra wants to talk to Candy urgently! Are you having sex with Vicente? "We've been lovers for a long time," Sandra says proudly. "That's nothing to be proud of, sweetie."

Rebe's depressed, not just about her burned apartment, but also because his kids hate her. "I'm nothing in your life." "Liar." He tries to ORDER her to go to his house!

I wont be second - I want to be married, have children."

Lupita tries to build Ana's confidence, they forgive each other. Alex comes to visit and this time Lupe says she'll see him! Ana imagines how horrified her sibs would be to know she wants Freddy.

She tells Alex she feels better. He wants to know if he can hope. He just wants a chance. She says ok and hugs him! He isn't wearing his dumb scarf today.

What strange music! Tomas is in an apron, he's not happy with the mess in the kitchen. She says she can't forgive Adoracion.

Chela cooked a great meal and everybody at home is happy. We're celebrating - that Rebeca is not in the house any more. "last night I met Chela's boyfriend, he's sexy." they want to meet him.

Rebe comes to the door. The atmosphere chills. Rebe wants to leave. Ana comes and is nasty again. rebe is miserable. Then Chela comes in. She's nasty too. Then Pepe comes in - he's nice to her and she's grateful. So Chela's mad at Pepe. She leaves. Lupe is polite. Rebe pulls out the work.

Vince's screensaver is Catgirl! In comes Sandra, pulling down her straps and throwing him to the floor. Then Candy comes and sees Sandrucha on the floor with Vince. She cries. Commercial. He has to go to dinner, she doesn't want to be left with "desires." She tries to strangle him. If you don't bang me tomorrow, I'll tell your wife we were lovers and now you're messing with Candy.

Why are you nice to me when you have troubles with Freddy? Because you treat me with respect. They're both happy. She wants to pretend she cooked it - she can't tell people her plumber made dinner! She tells him this is supposed to be a dinner celebrating the marriage of her "baby" and Monica. She admits Moni doesn't want it - "but we'll see tonight!"

Moni dresses for dinner. Pepe calls. He's sweet as can be, but she is crying and hangs up.

Arnoldo points out Vince stinks of Sandra's perfume. "Pina will kill me!" He sprays himself liberally with something else. He's so late for the dinner at his house. Candy comes in crying! "My brother was right, you can't be trusted." Leaves.

Pancho tells Rebe he wants to improve working conditions at Avon, they can pay for it by cutting expenses and the executive salaries. "But they are on par with the market." "What I earn here in a day took me a month to earn in the grocery business."

Candy comes in crying, sees Rebe, turns around and runs to Ana, who's dreaming of the Fraudster. Candy says she aches to her very marrow because Vince is such a lying cad. Ana says Candy deserves better.

Enzo and Moni arrive for dinner. Neither Freddy or Vince are home when Vince arrives, the atmosphere is funereal. Finally Frauddie arrives. He's happy because he's going to struggle until Moni agrees to marry him and make him father of many Frauddicitos. Meanwhile Tomas has told Pepe about this engagement dinner and Pepe, disbelieving, dials her number. "Do yo know how much I hate you, Freddy?"

Nobody will let Moni say a word. Pina thinks it's too sudden they are too young. Finally Moni stands up and says she will not marry Freddy, she will never marry unless she's in love. Pepe arrives looking extremely good and says he needs a word with her, but we don't hear what it is. Next day Moni arrives at his car shop to thank him for not making a scene. She laughs to hear it was Tomas cooked the dinner.

Lupe and Ana visit the casa popular - all that remains is some plumbing and Lupe will be able to open the nursery. Ana thinks there should be a party (she always needs a venue for her fine accordion band). Alex shows up (scarf and t-shirt, who dresses like this?) and invites himself to the upcoming party; Ana hopes he'll bring Fraud.

Now Temo wants to go with Chela, as well as Ana. Chela's prophecy - that Rebe will destroy the family - is rather self-fulfilling.

Candy sobs and tells Pepe she's in love with Vince. He's watching her through the window when Fraud SKIPS into the room. He's sure he'll win over Pepe and regain Moni. Vince is dubious.

Are the boys in ana's band really talking about tv? Manuel hugs Ana, she isn't that into it, and some other one comes in and looks jealous. He gets mad and tells Ana she's out of tune. He and Manuel gets in a pushing fight and two guys leave.

Candy comes to Avon to see Pancho but is intercepted by a crazed Vince while Sandra watches. He shouts and runs after her. "What did I do?" She belts him with her pocketbook and he passes out. He's glad his profile isn't broken by her blow. "I saw you on the floor giving her the kiss I wanted, I saw it with these eyes that the worms will eat."

Rebe comes to talk about her sentiments. I'm dying of jealousy of Chela. Kiss. Chela comes in AGAIN! How many times are we going to be tortured like this? She doesn't retire, she knocks and comes in! "Pancho and I have to talk about Temo in private." She goes on harping on Rebe as usual and said Temo wants to live with her. "You left him, you're the only mother he's known." She keeps battering him with guilt and then says she loves him. I skipped most of this scene.

Pina wants Snow White's little birds and mice to come clean her house - she's broken a nail trying to mop! Adoracion rings the bell - Pina kneels to her! Adoracion has some gossip. Pina hands her the mop and she starts mopping ("it looks so easy when you do it") but when Pina asks for the gossip, Adoracion says they have to negotiate: her job back in exchange for very delicious news. Vince interrupts this cute scene, makes it clear he doesn't want her, Adoracion leaves.

Pancho gets teary, but at last Rebe admits her love, comforts him and says her jealous is because she fears to lose him.

Chela CRIES and CRIES. ARGH.

Labels:


Comments:
Tks CHF
Good ole Comcrap, no Univision tonight, as far as I know the only channel I didn't get, so thankful for the fun recap.
Tómas cooking must have been good.

Variopinta
 

Good review.
 

Thanks CHF for the wonderful recap. Pina was too funny, the vacuum cleaner wrapped around her and Tomas must be a jack of all trades. I am glad Tomas helped her out.

Good for Moni standing up to Enzo and everyone else about Frauddie. I thought there would be a free for all when Pepe showed up.

Chela blaming Pancho and Rebe, ugh.
She doesn't realize what she did when she left the family home. She has caused alot of this strife and Pancho needs to put his foot down about Temo and Ana's behavior. At least Lupe and Pepe are polite with Rebe.

Interesting idea when someone said that Chela and Enzo should get together. They would be perfect really. His abandoment issues and her never leaving.

I am watching Dinero in late night, and the scene with Beto and his shrewish wife reminded me of Ay Dios Mio and his wife and mother-in-law with the soup on the head.

Candy and Vins,will they ever grow up? They are like two overheated teenagers and Pina will find them out.
And why is Candy always telling her troubles to Ana? Ana is what 16? Candy needs to find a bff she can vent to, or a therapist.
 

Poor Candy is a lost character, she hit a new low last night with her tawdry reality tv style trash talk competition with Sandy over who will steal the the philandering corporate executive from his wife and benefit from his wealth.

I see the full story of this show as being about the effect on an entire family of their huge socioeconomic change. I'm glad the writers aren't overlooking or glossing over this element of the story, it's not just a "My Fair Pancho" story following his comic gaffes as Rebe indoctrinates him into the world of corporate entitlement. There are a lot of characters acting out under the stress of all the realignment of values, assumptions, prejudices, expectations, etc., from Pancho and Chela down to Temo. Those kinds of adjustments can go on for years or a lifetime. So I'm not surprised to see Temo whining a lot, or Chela making the best effort she can to fend off Rebe and preserve the world they'd all grown up in before Pancho "sold out," so to speak.

If tv dramas attempt at all to reflect the current proccupations of their audience, I wonder what this show is trying to capture about contemporary Mexican society? Is there a big shift going on of the population into corporate middle class jobs? I think I read recently that international companies along the U.S. border are doing well. but how far does that actually reach into the average Mexican's life? Or is the show just an escapist fantasy? Curious.

Poor Chela. If only you'd told Pancho how you feel before he got wrapped up in his Rebe delusion and started thinking he's some kind of "Senoron" (sorry, don't have the work laptop configured for Spanish characters).

The whole Rebe/Pancho thing disturbs me (can you tell?). It's just wrong in so many ways. Rebe! No te metas!

When Candy refers to Sandra as "Sandrucha" is the "ucha" some kind of augmentation to a word that automatically makes it an insult? Or just her own mocking distortion of her name?

Thank you for the recap!
-- JR
 

Thanks for the recap Melinama. Your applies to this and almost all other TNs (ha).

Glad Tomas helped with dinner.

The sad thing about Chela is that any woman Pancho picked aside from her would spell doom (in her mind) for the family. While TNs often have characters with crazy family ties (often referred to as wreath), Chela being in love with her BIL is too creepy to me. Moreover her love started while her sister was with him. I hope this narrative has her mature and realize Pancho is not her one true love.
 

JR, love your contemplations. I don't think a marriage between Chela and Pancho would work and I don't think he's being swayed by Rebe's status - more likely her physical attributes. She moves his needle! Heh. Candy started this show as an ingenuous gold-digger in the making. I think the pain she's going through is going to help her grow up.
 

Thanks, Melinama. Perfect title.

Good thing Pina is in this show. I space out in every scene of Chela weeping and wailing and berating Rebe or Pancho, but Pina wakes me up. Everything she does is hilarious. I love her relationship with Tomás Plomero, too. I think it brings out the best in both of them.

Finally Lupita decides to give Alex a chance. I don't mind the scarf look, possibly because I am a scarf wearer myself. There are far worse fashion crimes.
 

I haven't had time to do vocabulary research lately but I've been jotting down a few words and phrases. I'll catch up on it one of these days. I only watch this show for the educational benefits, after all... ;).
 

Karen
>> The sad thing about Chela is that any woman Pancho picked aside from her would spell doom (in her mind) for the family
-- probably, though I wonder if she might be able to accept it more easily if the woman was someone from Chela's social class, I wonder if it might be more of an insult that it's someone from a "superior" level who might be just as likely to employ Chela as a servant
-- a family wreath -- interesting

CHF
>> I don't think a marriage between Chela and Pancho would work
-- not now, anyway, maybe before Avon?
>> I don't think he's being swayed by Rebe's status - more likely her physical attributes
-- his whole motivation for being interested in her seems very shallow and adolescent, to me, anyway, and I feel sort of sad for Pancho because he seems to be playing out the archetypal role of the rustic who goes to the city an falls in love with the first woman he sees in a skirt above the knees
>> Candy started this show as an ingenuous gold-digger in the making
-- I guess, but I somehow had the idea from her self-assurance that maybe she'd already gone through that growing up

Julia
>> I love her relationship with Tomás Plomero, too. I think it brings out the best in both of them
-- nice observation, though I wonder how sincere Tomas is
-- I really appreciate your vocabulary lists... ;). I keep a notebook next to me so I can jot things down and look them up later. In addition to the language I also find it educational to speculate about the cultural context of the shows and the representation of character types, plot, etc., from my privileged perspective as a fly on the wall in another fascinating culture with a rich and evolving history and so much impact on my own (U.S.) culture's current events. (I also like playing around and trying to think up silly things to say about the characters, I confess.)

(Cue voice of movie preview announcer)
Once upon a time, in the troubled (gender-neutral-word-for-kingdom) of Avon, the royal astrolgers foretold to the wise Queen Fer that one day a simple, but good-hearted, vegetable seller from the provinces would arrive at the capital, vanquish the evil court intriguers, marry the princess, restore the (gender-neutral-word-for-kingdom) to its former glory, and lead the people in peace and prosperity. That man was...

Slow day today at my entitled corporate job...
-- JR
 

Pancho may be naive to think he can get away with cutting salaries to below market. If he's talking about wasted salaries like those that go to Vince and Enzo, that's one thing - I think he should cut those out completely. :) But good employees may vote with their feet.

Frauddy is pretty funny saying that he's going to "struggle" for Moni's love. If he thinks buying a long overdue bouquet of flowers is struggling, he's got a lot to learn.

Temo and Ana want to move out of the house and live with Chela? Fine with me - all the annoying people will be somewhere else!

Should we start calling Manuel "Yoko"? Ana hasn't even pledged her love to the guy yet and already the rest of the band is upset.

Madelaine, the reason I mentioned Enzo and Chela was because this was hinted at in the little synopsis that was posted here and on the Univision website just before this telenovela started. Those things are really more like teasers than real synopses, and sometimes the show ends up going in a different direction than originally planned anyway, so it's not worthwhile to get too invested in them. But they would definitely make an interesting couple.
 

JR, as far as I know, the increased corporate presence along the border has more to do with manufacturing jobs than executive jobs, and that those manufacturing employees don't necessarily make a lot of money or live much better than they would otherwise. So I don't think it's an increase in middle class jobs.

I think (maybe I'm wrong) that the show is taking a light and humorous approach to some of the anger that people are feeling towards overprivileged executives who make most of their money on the backs of the working class. So, yeah, the escapist fantasy is that we get to see a regular family receiving a hand up (as a reward for their strong work ethic, morals, intelligence) while the overprivileged people feel nervous and threatened and are eventually obligated to prove their own worth. (I'm extrapolating, we haven't actually seen Vince or Enzo step up much or be humbled yet but I can only assume that these things are to come, per typical telenovela justice.)
 

I think I suggested Chela and Enzo get together, too, just because they both are into trying to force relationships with no real regard for the feelings of others, and they both use guilt trips to try to get their way. They're so alike! But I also like the reasoning that he has abandonment issues, and she is a leech who refuses to release her grip, so problem solved for both of them!

Really I just want her to move on to ANYONE or ANYTHING so she will stop sobbing. Ya basta.
 

I don't think cutting salaries would go over well. Enzo and Vins, sure. Pancho wants them to leave anyway. Everyone else, no. It would be taken as an insult. One thing that might possibly work would be to change to a scheme with somewhat lower salaries but with profit-sharing, so direct pay might be less but if people do a great job and increase sales, they could make MORE money than they currently do.
 

Thank you Julie and Julia. I would like Chela to move on too. But she is like a leech, like you said. What will it take to wake her up? I didn't know about the teaser. I used to look at Wiki but I don't anymore too many spoilers. Maybe she will find someone new, after she is done torturing poor Pancho and Rebe.
 

What chapter are we on? I need to find it online, since I missed it.

Variopinta
 

Melinama, enjoyed the recap. Two hours, at holiday time, can't be easy. Thanks.

Madelaine, "His abandonment issue and her never leaving." ITA Enzo and Chela should get together, but what a sadsack couple they will make. What gets me about Chela is that she doesn't even try to rise above her problem, she just wallows in it. "I want you to look at me the way you look at Rebe" made me cringe. Chela, how about falling to your knees, grabbing him by the ankles, and begging. But at least she's trying to get a job, as an Avon rep (so she can no doubt try to make Pancho feel guilty during office hours as well as at home).

Julie, "all the annoying people will be somewhere else." ITA - I would love Temo and Ana to move in with Chela. All three are welcome to have all the tantrums they want there.

I love Pina and Adoracion together. Hope they negotiate something tonight so Adoracion returns.
 

Julie
>> So, yeah, the escapist fantasy is that we get to see a regular family receiving a hand up (as a reward for their strong work ethic, morals, intelligence) while the overprivileged people feel nervous and threatened and are eventually obligated to prove their own worth
-- makes perfect sense -- thanks for the insight
-- JR
 

Niecie - Chela "wallowing" - great choice of words.

She made such a big deal about "never changing" back at the beginning, maybe she'd be embarrassed to move forward with her life even if she wanted to. But she doesn't want to - she'd rather WALLOW in the safe comfort of her misery than try something new.

At least I thought so until last night. If she does become an Avon lady, she may end up venturing outside the Casa Popular and meet some new people! Surely taking a few steps outside her tiny social circle will do her some good and maybe even remind her that there are much worse problems she could have.
 

This show remind me of "I Love Juan" the show from five years ago with Mayrin Villianuevo.(Rebe)now (Paula) then.

What show does Judy B. Recapp" I would love to chat with her again.

We keep the recapp blogs just as interesting as the Telanovelas back then.

Judy B. remenber me, Anon#1
 

Melinama, thank you for this smashing recap! What a hoot that Tomas made dinner. Nice touch writers. I want Adoracion to get rehired because she and Pina are so great together.

I feel bad for the actress playing Chela. What a dud of a role so far.

Is the closing bit for this show always that cute little cartoon? This is the first time I've seen it but then again the end usually gets cut off when I'm recording.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder