Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Por ella soy Eva #75 10/30/12: Eva Has a Bad Day


A slow-moving episode. Argh! Pluto and Helena will have a party soon to celebrate being a couple! Eva, crushed: "How about the promise you made Antonia at the altar?" "My dearest Antonia is sadly dead, now I love this face and these eyes." Eva leaves in tears. Pluto and Helena kiss and kiss. Lucia rubs salt in the wound, rattling on, 'what a cute couple...' Jaime's song queries: "What will I do with my life now?"

Angelica calls Santi, it's hard doing nothing! He thinks she should study something, she thinks she should go spend money at clubs. A somewhat menacing tune suggests the guy at the front desk asking for Santi is a problem, and asi es: Santi is way behind in his payments on the super-expensive apartment Patty-baby made him sign for (and which he's never lived in), and he owes for the renovations too. Like, a million. He looks quite ill.

Lovesick Adri, playing golf in his office, calls Eva to hear her voice and then breaks a window. Meanwhile Pluto takes Helena home where she can hang out with Lalo while recuperating. She admits Pluto is her squeeze. Lalo's ok with that: "I just want you to be as happy as you were when Juan was alive."

Rebe can't find her cellphone and is annoyed to be taking orders from Mousse Boy, he's in charge of Playa Majagua while Helena's out sick. Eva staggers in wincing with gastritis and Rebe thinks again: that's just like Juan Carlos. She brings in a doctor to have a look at Eva! "Don't touch me!" screams Eva! "And no, I'm not loosening my belt, I don't do that. Take this doctor away! I prefer the teas, herbs, and natural remedies of my home town!"

Rebe leaves with pages 4-5 of the fraud report and reading it realizes: if Pluto had contact with Juan's mom, he too could have been involved.

I see by the way Adri puts his arm around Mimi in the elevator that she's making progress. She slips away, he bangs his head in frustration. Despite his natty mauve tie, he's not getting any from anybody!

When Marcela wants to take him to a nice restaurant, Fer says he has work to do (hahaha he types with one finger.) One of the girls comes in and irritates him further by gushing: "All the world knows how great she is, and just imagine, she used to be a receptionist."

The gossiping office babes next tease Lucia for having sex with Renato in the office.

Pluto and Adri tell Eva the business can't afford to rehire the fired women. Eva says she'll keep looking for a way: "For you two, those women of scarce resources are nothing, but not for me." After Eva leaves Pluto yells that Adri is too influenced by love! "Love is making me a better man," Adri counters.

Lucia, Helena and Silvia say nothing of importance.

Mousse Boy convinces Adri he can head up the important meeting tomorrow with construction representatives. He'd like Helena's job permanently, I'm sure.

Fer yells at Marcela when she comes back, he's pouting because it took her so long to bring his lunch. She tucks a napkin under his chin and feeds him. He's miserable to hear that next month she'll probably get another bonus.

Juan to Mimi: "Somebody used my name to put money in my mother's account. It was the day she was lost and I found her in the theater. I'll never forget it, because that same day I asked Helena to marry me."

Lame end to a lame episode, Lucia badgers Mousse Boy about the gossip. "Did you tell people something happened between us?" "I'm a gentleman, I'd never talk about you. Stop listening to gossip."

Tomorrow: Eugenia tells Rebeca that Juan Carlos is at Grupo Imperio!


Labels:


Comments:
Thanks, Melinama. Eva has a bad day, indeed. I felt sorry for JC, although I didn't like that he seemed mad that Helena has been denying anything but friendship between her and Pluto to Eva. It's Helena's prerogative to say whatever she wants about that, as well as change her mind about it.

Once again I thought the scene between Silvia and Helena was moving... Silvia acknowledging she didn't stay for the test out of insecurity and Helena comforting her.

If this show is trying to change attitudes, then it ought to cool it with the scenes where Mimi shoves her breasts into Adriano's face to get his attention.

Lucia is a mess. And either Renato is leading her on or she's changing his mind. I guess there's something to be said for persistence.

The scene with the doctor was funny. "I don't do that." "Don't touch me!" She prefers the voodoo of her pueblo.
 

Thank you, Melinama. I'm not terribly invested in Lucia's romantic aspirations, so I thought that was a lame way to end the episode, too.

However, I find it interesting that this is at least the second time Renato has confronted her about whether or not she wants to have sex with him. After he got his promotion he could have blown her off, or he could have continued to take advantage of her interest in him; but instead, he's trying to get her to cut the BS and figure out what she wants and stop playing silly games.

At least, that's what it looks like to me. I think he doesn't mind having her around, but would like her more if she'd act like a grown woman.

Maybe I'm giving him too much credit. Maybe he just likes to mess with people. That kind of behavior is not unprecedented. ;-)
 

Melinama, thanks for this wonderful recap. I agree with you Julie about Mousse Boy, Renato. I think he is dangling Lucia for some reason. He could have dropped her as you said, so I want to know why he is leading her on. It may be he wants her to act like a grown up, instead of a simpering miss, jus' sayin' :).

I felt bad for JC/Eva too. He really beleives in the love he has for Helena, and he seems to think, even though they kissed in the hospital, Helena has forgotten all about him, even though Mimi warned him about Helena and the meds.I still don't think Helena is that into Pluti.

So Rebeca has some good info now, what will she do with it. Seems Eugenia tells her JC is there as Eva, in the previews for tomorrow. I can't wait to see what Rebeca will do.

I really hope Adri is keeping a sharp eye on Pluti, cause Pluti was way over the top with Adri tonight. And besides, I know it is Pluti's department, about finding the money to rehire those women that were let go/fired, but since Eva is an equal partner, I think she will do something to make Pluti rehire them, IMOHO.

I wish Silvia would stop pushing Helena to Pluti. Silvia needs to deal with her own problems, before giving Helena advice. I like how Helena told her that JC will always be in her heart, but I really think that Helena is so NOT over JC and won't be for some time.
 

HELLO ALL I AM TJs DAUGHTER AND TJ LIVES IN THE TRISTATE AREA AFFECTED BY HURRICANE SANDY. TJ UNFORTUNATELY DOES NOT HAVE ANY POWER AND WILL NOT BE ABLE TO POST TOMORROW.
 

Can somebody sub for TJ tomorrow?
 

Melinama, I can post for TJ tomorrow. TJ's daughter, tell your MaMa we are all thinking of her and hope she gets her power back soon.
 

thanks madelaine!
 

Yes, me too, TJ's daughter, we are sending prayers and good vibes to your mom back east. The conversation on the couch at home between Helena and Lailo where she discretely explains her operation to him was a magnitude 11.5 on the "cute Richter Scale." Of course it was...it was Lucero and a kid.
 

Thanks for the recap! I missed it last night, but it doesn't sound like I missed much. Hopefully there will be some interesting developments tonight.

Best wishes being sent to TJ. Hope all is well and the power will be back soon.

Mil in NC
 

Oh dear, good luck to Tablet J and the rest of our friends who were affected by Sandy. Thanks for filling in, Madelaine.
 

"I see by the way Adri puts his arm around Mimi in the elevator that she's making progress. She slips away, he bangs his head in frustration. Despite his natty mauve tie, he's not getting any from anybody!"

See, that paragraph is why I love your recaps, MELINAMA. You conveyed a lot about the story, just by the way you reported that brief scene. And with so much wit.

Now I haven't seen this episode, so I'll delay any further comments until later.

But TABLET JEFA, so sorry about your lack of power. It's always a terrifying reminder of our modern dependence on electricity.

And MADS, bless you for jumping in to do an extra recap, in addition to the two per week you're already writing. Your title of SUPERMADS will have to be changed to SUPERMADS AND THEN SOME.


 

Thanks all. I find this TN to be easy, it is funny and I am really starting to like Camil, I hadn't ever seen him in anything before. He is so great in comedy. Judy- I share Fridays with Julie, so I don't do two every week, just every other week :).
 

Tablet Jefa, when you get power & can read this -- our thoughts are with you. I hope power outage is the only problem. There is so much devastation I hope you are clear of that.

Thanks to you Madelaine for stepping up to cover for TJ.

I liked the CODA conversation between Silvia & Helena. It was a PSA but nicely done.

Rebecca always had a soft spot for Juan Carlos -- will she join forces with Eva to get the goods on Pluti?????

GüerauMype 35
 

Thanks so much Melinama. I was really moved by JC's tears after seeing Helena and Pluti. But really, what did he expect? He can't expect Helena to stay single forever when she thinks he's dead.

I still can't figure out all of Renato's game. It's clear that he wants to be on the executive fast track, so that he can show he is better than JC. I have no problem with him being snotty to Rebe. I know he would live to have Helena's job, but no way will the Playa Majagua folks complete the deal without Helena heading the project, so it's unlikely that he'll somehow manage to snag Helena's job from her. From all that we have seen, he IS very good at his job and takes it seriously.

He seems to be annoyed by Lucia NOT taking her job seriously, being immature, and letting her love life blur into her work life. He already scolded her before about being in the rumor mill because of her relationship with that last guy she was obsessed with. It almost seems like he's teaching her a lesson about what her stupid flirty actions with a co-worker leads to-- rumors that she slept with him in the office. Since she keeps coming on to him, he asked her point blank if that isn't exactly the message she's putting out there. He might be better at making this lesson finally stick, then Helena has been with all her lectures to Lucia.
 

Melinama - Thanks. Missed this one.

Tablet Jefa - So sorry you're without power. Hope it returns soon.

Agree Renato's trying to snap Lucia out of her silly - and maybe he wants to get laid along the way too.

I think Rebecca is too insensitive to understand what Juan's mom apparently tells her in the previews. I’m guessing she'll be like Juan's dad and just think she's lost it.
 

Melinama, thanks so much for the recap full of sparkling wit--especially Adri/Mimi reference. Great job, Mimi! She's going to have him drooling and feeling lots of guilt soon.

I didn't get to watch this one yet. Think I'll just fast forward through most of it after such a good recap--don't see how the real deal can beat it.

Madelaine, thanks for rising to the challenge. Tablet Jefa, take care of yourself (your daughter can pass our good energy on to you). I hope for a speedy recovery for everyone affected by the terrible storm and aftermath.

Jeanne
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder