Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Por ella soy Eva #92 11/27/12: Juan Carlos Is the Worst Cowboy Ever.

  • I agree with Ez about the singing: Mimi and her cousin Isidro made a sweet duo.

    Adri is empressed that Mimi can sing and she is indeed cute in her cowboy hat. Adri wants to ask Isidro about Eva Maria but Isidro bolts. Adri is upset that Eva has disappeared. She never answers her phone.

    To cheer him up, Mimi gets him to dance. He grabs her waist and feels deja-vu... and then there's that perfume... Adri bolts to preserve his virtue, he is true to Eva.

  • Modesto to the dying Other Woman: "I would have done something for you! Why do you trust Eugenia more than me?" Carmen: "Give me a break, you've never done anything for us, and when our son disappeared [plot point] you didn't do anything. But now, when I die, take care of Claudia."

  • Mousse Boy: "I am not gay, Rebecca, look how I yell at you like a macho guy!" She isn't buying it: "I have a sixth sense." He calls her a whore and says he's been investigating her. "Well, watch out or I'll tell everybody."

    It's getting to be quitting time. Renato (take off that scarf!) flirts with one of the blue dresses and offers to stay at the desk for her. She leaves, he takes piles of papers and commences his espionage. I am so distracted by his scarf, it's more of a blanket.

  • Back at the pension, turns out Isidro has hopes of being "discovered" - Mimi thinks he may be aiming too high, she herself has given up on singing as a career and is happy with her pension and doing makeup. She suggests Isidro consider selling tacos.

    He, instead, proposes to her. Evidently they were an item once. "Is there another man?" She avoids answering.

    He's about to go back where he came from, but before he's out the door, Juan shows up - in a moustache, cowboy hat, sideburns, pants pulled up nerdily high, and a ridiculous accent. "I rent a room here." When he says he's Eva's boyfriend, jealous Isidro calms down and they have a guy discussion about how to curl moustaches (I didn't follow the details).

    "Goodbye, Mimi, you'll see me on tv some day, even in the telenovelas," Isidro promises presciently, planting a big smacker on her to Juan's astonishment.

    Juan tells Mimi: "I didn't tell her I'm Eva, it would be even more deceit." The two of them still have no ideas.

  • Silvia is surprised they're all back from the beach. Lalo is sad about it and convinces Helena to stay home.

    Silvia: "Helena, did you come back early from the beach because of problems between you and Pluto?" "No, something else happened..." Helena mulls Juans' beach speech: "I need help proving my innocence. All I ask is your help." She wonders if he could be telling the truth.

    After Silvia begs, Helena tells her: Juan is still alive. She says she needs to forget him, but sadly will never be able to love anyone the way she loved Juan. "He made me believe in love again. I was so excited, remember? I'd forgotten about myself as a woman for so many years. How can I forget that?"

    Silvia is displeased: "Now it's Pluto who loves you - and you promised to marry him."

    Lalo, however, is later nostalgic about Juan: "He told me he would come back, and that if I wanted, he'd be my father, he would take care of us and we would be a family. I really loved him, I don't think he was a bad person the way they say." Helena looks dreamy.

  • Eduardo's friend says "You'll get sick working like this, admit you need Silvia." How can it be that Eduardo even HAS a friend?

  • Eugenia refuses to talk to Modesto about Claudia, who comes in just then. Modesto tells his daughter: "I want to find your brother and I'll get an apartment for the two of you." "No, I want to live with you." Eugenia says Claudia can stay as long as she wants IF she follows the rules (it's a long list).

    Later Claudia says the rules are ridiculous. "It's worse than a convent." "And you're going to have to go to school." "This is a concentration camp." "You know where the door is. And you need an artistic pursuit."

  • Santi to Lucia: "I thought we were friends but you didn't tell me what Angelica was doing." "All I said was that she should follow her dreams. She made me promise not to tell you." Santi says (as one never should) that things can't get any worse.

  • Fer shows up at work on a ridiculously huge motorcycle. Santi moans to him about Angelica getting paid for flaunting her "advantages." Fer has no interest in Santi's problems. Then Rebeca calls for Fer and he runs to her office. He has a bill for her. She says he should not be calling attention to himself by throwing money around. After he leaves, she rips up the bill.

    Fer lends Santi a bunch of money. Renato says Santi should stand down, it's no big deal if Angelica wants to pose for sexy pictures for money. In passing he says he doesn't give a damn about Lucia.

  • Juan jumps into his mother's car and begs her to listen. He drives away with her. They go to Mimi's pension. She asks why he didn't trust her enough to tell her the truth. Modesto calls - the chauffeur called him and said the car had disappeared without him. "Remember I know how to drive, Modesto."

  • Adri calls Eva for the 100th time (no answer). Renato comes in and says there are financial irregularities that implicate Don Pluti. Adri calls Pluto into his office. Pluto denies it all. "Who told you all this?"

    Adri is going to have an audit and let the chips fall where they will.

Tomorrow: Eugenia will give Juan advice about how to win Helena back.

Labels:


Comments:
I forgot, there were mutterings about Juan having to buy a new cellphone. I'm not sure what all that was about, somebody fill me in? It seems like it may turn out to be important.
 

Thanks, Melinama.

I think the point of the new cellphone is for Juan to make and take calls without being Eva. It could get really messy if there were another mixup with the phones.

"How can it be that Eduardo even HAS a friend?" Heh. If that's the guy I think he is, he's also Ed's lawyer - so maybe he wouldn't even talk to Ed if they hadn't already been doing business.

"I didn't tell her I'm Eva, it would be even more deceit." ... wow, Juan, I guess that's one way of looking at it. But I'm pretty sure Helena will see this omission as an even greater deceit.

I still suspect someone else of being Modesto's long-lost son. I'll give you all a hint: Modesto is ONE person who hasn't crossed his path at GI yet...
 

Melinama, thanks for this great recap. I thought for a second that Adri was figuring things out about sleeping with Mimi, from his hold on her waist and the smell of her perfume, she sure was using her charms on him, but he is distracted too much by missing Eva.

I am glad that JC and his Mom Genie are finally going to talk. I really hope he tells her about why he decided to become Eva so she doesn't freak out again. I loved the way she stood up to Modesto too.

Genie is becoming a little more independant and putting her foot down with Claudia, unlike Modesto that just wants to get an apartment for Claudia and her brother and basically sweep them under the rug, like he has done most of their lives. I think Genie will be great with Claudia, after Claudia comes off her high horse.

I thought Silvia was going to say Helena was crazy again when Helena said JC was alive. I hope Silvia doesn't spill the beans to Pluti. Hopefully, Helena will start digging and find out that Pluti is the real deal behind the fraud, but it will take a long time I think.

So I wonder what Renato found was Rebe's plan to frame Pluti for a new fraud. He can't possibly have found the one JC supposedly committed already, especially after JC looked through everything already. I wonder if this one will stick to Pluti like glue, but he'll make sure he finds a way out I think.
 

Thanks, Melinama. "Santi says (as one never should) that things can't get any worse." uh-oh.

Helena told Silvia that JC is alive, but I didn't think that Silvia took it literally- more like she understood it to mean that JC is alive in Helena's head. I'm feeling relieved that Helena is giving JC the benefit of the doubt, but we're only 2/3 of the way through the show and I'm having anvil anxiety. Still, it was satisfying to watch her come around so quickly.

So who, Julie? Pluto would be the next obvious choice for JC's brother because of the tension that would set up. That would imply redemption as his fate.
 

Thank you for the description of the episodes, it helps a lot during the viewing. Tell me please, besides such splendid recaps, do you make captions for Por Ella Soy Eva as for Amores verdaderos ? If yes, where and how can I find them? Even if not from the first episode or not in full.
 

Thanks so much Melinama. Some good things are starting to happen. Eugenia is taking control of her life and her household, and is reconciling with her son. And Helena is starting to look at the good things JC brought into her life, and possibly believing his love for her and Lalo was/is true.

Helena didn't tell Silvia that JC is alive. She asked, what if it turned out JC is alive? She basically was feeling out Silvia's response. Silvia's response may be frustrating, but her anger at JC for hurting and deceiving her daughter is understandable. What I don't understand is her continuously pushing her daughter to marry a man whom it is clear she doesn't love. I'm fine with her wanting Helena to (eventually) get over JC. I’d be fine with her slapping JC a few good ones when she realizes he's alive. I'm not fine with her being Pluti's cheerleader.

 

Thanks, Melinama!

I LOVED the final scene with JC and Eugenia. Together again! And the fist bump thing after she put Modesto in his place was great. I hope she tells him to tell Helena about Eva. Get all the deceits out now.

I agree, Sylvia is wrong for pushing Pluti. Especially now that she's seen a glimpse of his dark side.

I can't figure out who else could be Modesto's son. Both Fern and Pluti have worked there for a long time and have surely seen Modesto there before. Also, they seem kind of old. Santi has parents he's talked about already. ??????

Mil in NC



 

I agree with Vivi. Sylvia can be a better support to her daughter if she stops pushing Pluti on Helena.. As for Juan, it is a tough call from Sylvia's perspective...sure slap Juan..if you get the chance and then let your daughter make her own decision. If they both find out he is Eva, I hav e a feeling there will be multiple slaps from both of them.
 

Thanks for the recap. Yeah for the audit!!! That will shake things up for sure.

Jarifa
 

Funny recap, Melinama. Thanks.

I love the parallels that are written into these TNs. So Pluti ran the big scam which caught JC by surprise & left him trying to find out who did him in. NOW Pluti himself is accused of committing a fraud which he didn't have anything to do with -- and he is left blubbering -- it's a lie. I didn't do anything. how's that shoe feel now that it's on the other foot, Pluti baby???

I can't think of anyone we know who could be Modesto's son except for Renato. Modesto knows everyone else -- and the others are all too old. I'm still thinking it's Renato.

Go Eugenia! And back off Silvia.

Güera
 

Vivi, I'm right there with you, "What I don't understand is her continuously pushing her daughter to marry a man whom it is clear she doesn't love."

All I can figure is this: The Sweet Young Thing's mother is usually Good and Wise. Sylvia is obviously Good, but not Wise. But from Day 1, she's been pretty foolish. She subjugated herself to Ed, she let him try to take custody of Lalo, she stayed with him hoping he'd change, and she counseled Helena to knuckle under to Ed. I can't think of any wisdom she has displayed. Her idea that Pluto is the perfect man for her daughter is yet another example of how foolish she is.

 

Melinama - Thanks for the details.

I like that Renato went straight (no pun intended) to Adriano about what he found because I thought he was going to be in cahoots with Pluti. But now I guess Pluti will try to sink Renato.
 

The long-lost son can't be Pluto (though it took me a while to let go of the idea). Modesto surely knows that Pluto works at GI.

The few times they've discussed the long-lost son, it sounded as though he's a dodgy character, always getting into trouble and apparently good at keeping a low profile since his mother doesn't seem to know where he is.

Shady character? Low profile? Sound familiar? Anyone?

If it's who I think it is, Eugenia's met him twice, but we've never seen him with Modesto.

(And then I figure that Renato is some love child of Adri's that Adri doesn't even know about.)

It's possible (likely) that I'm way wrong. But the notion is amusing the heck out of me in the meantime.

As for Silvia pushing Pluto at Helena all the time - ugh. But I think she just sees Pluti as the cure-all for the mistakes that she and Helena have made to date. To Silvia, Pluto is the Anti-Eduardo. To Helena, he is the AntiJuan. Ironic, I know. But both women need to heal, and Pluto is the self-proclaimed balm for their wounds.
 

Onesimo? He seems as old as Pluto or Ferni. Hey, how about Mario? That would make Lalo JC's nephew which would give them a blood link. Or Eduardo- he's be a chip off the old block.
 

I haven't been watching, but I thought everyone had already guessed who Modesto's long lost son was a while back.
 

I was thinking it was Onesimo.

I don't know how old everyone is supposed to be, but JC has touches of gray in his hair. In real life, hair color doesn't mean much; but in a telenovela, the amount of gray in a man's hair should be a reliable clue. Anyone who doesn't have gray is presumably younger, so JC should be old enough to have a half-brother Pluti's or Onesimo's age.

(It has also crossed my mind that Eduardo may have a bastardo that he doesn't know about; but I'm not sure how that would fit into the story without just making things even messier.)
 

Audrey, the problem is that the "clues" pointing to Renato as Modesto's son are too obvious, to the point where the big reveal should have occurred by now already. The last time we got clobbered with such obvious clues (in FELS), they turned out to be misdirection.

There's also the fact that Modesto and Other Woman never, ever mention hijo's name. Since it's extremely clear that we're to assume it's Renato, there should be no reason for his mother to vaguely refer to him as "our son" all the time.
 

Melinama, thanks for the recap. It's great to have a summary and all the comments to keep track of the action.

It's good to have Pluti on the hot seat for a change. Now that Juan has more allies, maybe he can make some progress in his quest for vindication.

La Paloma
 

There will be no weekend topic posted this Friday due to the Friday finale of Refugio and the double header of opera I have this weekend (Friday night and Saturday afternoon).

Since someone has mentioned an original way to interrupt a wedding, we can come up with plenty of examples of Bodas Interruptus for a topic to be posted on the 7th.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder