Thursday, March 14, 2013

PEAM # 4-So Far The Qualities of the Avon Personnel- Silly, Immature, Rude and Horny

Alma is missing Rogelio, while Rogelio is doing the horizontal mambo with Patti.

Jesus is talking to Chatita about being unemployed.  He was offered his job but he doesn’t want to be a secretary. Chatita asks if he dresses like a woman with those bulky arms.  No, no, no.  He considered the secretarial job but he is over qualified.  Chatita tells him with all of the unemployment, his financial needs and needs of his daughter, he should be thankful that he has been offered a job.  Its better to have something to save than nothing.

The two small guards are stuck to Jesus who wants to speak to Alma, who just arrived to the office.  Sorry to says but the only thing that those two inept guards could catch is a cold.

Vero the zero, calls The Avon Company to find out what type of job Jesus has, because when she asked him about his job he hesitated.   She knows Jesus well and he knows when he is lying. Elias (the saint, because she is a real pain) doesn’t like the taste of the coffee and he gets a lecture about how coffee is not good for you. It’s a drug that irritates the stomach. (She is beginning to irritate me)  He can’t add sugar because it adds calories, and the milk should be skim. Vero asks for Jesus and the secretary doesn’t know anyone by that name.  Jesus enters the office, is scorned by the secretaries who were insulted by his secretary results.  The secretary, who answered the phone, asks for his name- Jesus- hmm.  She knew it, he was lying.  (Vero must eat peppers for breakfast because she is so mean.)

Jesus speaks to Alma and asks for her to forgive him in regards to how he reacted to the secretarial job.  Alma tried to call him by cell, but he doesn’t have a cell phone. He apologizes for acting like an ass.  He wants to know if the Executive Secretary of the Regional Vice President position is still available.  He has to stop saying perdon.

Vero remembers that when they were dating he always lied. (With her shining personality, I would wonder why)   Elias, the voice of reason, tells Vero that she should lighten up, maybe no one knows him because he is new.   She knows when he is lying and Elias wants to give him the benefit of the doubt.   Elias feels that he should be involved in his daughter’s life and Vero disagrees.   What a bitter bitch!!  He left her.  Okay Elias gets it, but they still have a daughter. She is stuck on the fact that he owes lots of back child support if he wants to see his daughter.

The three silly men of the office want to check out who this new secretary is.   Once again there is a lack of productive work taking place at a major company. They will ask the secretaries.  The hot pink suits were gossiping about the ruckus that took place yesterday with the idiot.  Susana doesn’t get Alma. The secretaries are hoping that the man is not hired.  He insulted them.  Yada, yada, yada. The three sillies couldn’t believe it and start asking questions.  They can’t understand why Ms. Alma received him as if nothing happened.  The 3 sillies are in disbelief.


Fernando is in the warehouse admiring Jessica’s legs while she works, trying to get a whiff.  Good news- she can come back upstairs, he spoke to Alma.

Jesus is hired as the Secretary.  A humbled Jesus thanks Alma for the job.  Cardenas wants Jesus to wear the secretary uniform- the hot pink (fuchsia) suit.  Cardenas tries to size up Jesus, but his measurements are off.

There is an electrical handshake between Alma and Jesus.
Fernando is going to help Jessica unpack her things.  Alma wants to know why Jessica is back, because Jesus Garcia is the new Secretary of the Regional Vice President.  Everyone is laughing.  Alma introduces Fernando because they are going to share secretaries.  Jesus gets a cool reception from 2 of the 3 secretaries.

In Acapulco- Rogelio and Patti are still honeymooning.  Patti wants to stay another day but Rogelio has to get back to work. He calls Alma, and is miffed because Alma doesn’t answer her phone. (Is he serious?)

Xochitil is the only one that speaks to Jesus.  Jesus asks who is the one that is shooting evil looks at him and is always in a bad mood- Susana, the Regional Director’s secretary and the other one is Maricela.

Jesus answers the phone to a rude Rogelio, who yells and curses at Jesus and demands to speak to Alma.  He is the Director, Jesus tries to transfer the call and it gets cut off which further infuriates Rogelio.  Rogelio wants to know- who is the idiot that answered the phone. (Rogelio, were you talking to yourself?)  Rogelio didn’t know anything about him being hired and wants him fired immediately.  Rogelio is quite bothered that Alma hired a male secretary.

A tearful Jessica is crying because she has been returned to the warehouse.  Fernando is confident that the new secretary will not last.  He will make his life miserable. 

Jesus felt bad and asked forgiveness for messing up the first call.  Alma tells Jesus to use the word perdon, sparingly.  He is to call her Alma.  Alma wants to know if Jesus needs any software.

The secretaries have been instructed not to speak to the new secretary Jesus. Susana is very bothered that Jesus said that he is over qualified.  Rule number one- no one defends Jesus.  Jesus will not be well received in this department and he will learn what secretaries are capable of doing. (Besides gossiping, acting immature and wasting time.)

Jesus asks for the password for the computer and gets the sarcastic treatment.  They tell him that the password is info Avon which is incorrect, Xochitil whispers- general03.  Fernando calls Jesus to his office.  He didn’t respond because Fernando called for a secreatria not a secretario.  Fernando acts badly and intimidates Jesus because he is his boss.  He orders Jesus to bring him a hot cup of coffee.  Jesus doesn’t know where the cafeteria is.  He asks the portrait of the Virgencita to help him and Xochitil points him in the right direction.  Jesus tries to make the cup while Susana watches.  She starts with her sarcastic remarks about how he should be qualified enough to make a cup of coffee.  He apologizes for his degrading remarks.  Susana doesn’t accept his apology.

Okay, I get it, he insulted the secretaries, they were hurt, and he apologized so let’s move on.  This silent treatment is childish.

Jesus brings Fernando his coffee, it wasn’t in his cup and Fernando has a hissy fit. Who knew that it was the giant neon green cup with his picture on it?  It was not hot enough, this time it was hot enough but tasted terrible.  The next cup was too cold,
Jesus wants to throw the coffee in his face and Jessica knows how he likes his coffee and offers her help, in her teeny weenie skirt.  She shows him how to make it sweet enough and hot enough.  She takes it to him.  He shows him how to fold the napkin too.  Of course, this time, it was perfect.  Jessica tells Fernando that the new secretary is aggressive and she told him what se heard Jesus says about throwing the coffee in his face.

Fernando interrupts Alma to tattle on the new secretary.  Fernando tries to fire Jesus and Alma tells him that he can’t fire him.  He tells her how Jessica told him what Jesus said about disfiguring his face by throwing coffee into it.  Fernando leaves the office since he didn’t get his way.  Jesus says perdon once again and Alma reminds him about the constant use of the word.  Believe it of not she has more important things to do, so she dismisses him.

Jessica thought that Jesus was fired, and Fernando tells her that Alma took Jesus’ side.  Jessica starts to cry once again.  Fernando is going to call his brother because blood ids thicker than water.  Rogelio is not a fan of the secretary either.  Fernando whines all types of insults towards Jesus and Rogelio is on his way home.
Alma sends Jesus to lunch.  He will bring her something to eat since she doesn’t have time to eat.  She is used to not having lunch. 

The four bitter secretaries are talking about Jesus as he enters the cafeteria.  His access is denied.  The three silly men allow him to sit with them.  They tell him that he needs to bless his food.  They join hands for grace.  They introduce themselves Gilberto, Julio and Roberto, I will continue to call them the 3 sillies.  They throw indirect insults about his manhood.  One silly asks him if he is from the other side and he takes it to mean that he worked in Chicago.  Another silly asks if he likes men, and Jesus makes it clear, that he does not to the enjoyment of the whole cafeteria, with the exception of Xochitil.

Coming attractions- Fernando is still calling Jesus Encanto, Patti is drooling over Jesus and Rogelio is not too happy.  Rogelio yells at a calm Jesus and wants to fight him

Labels:


Comments:
True to form, I caught only the last scene tonight (the coffee scene and the lunchroom scene). Thank you, TJ.

So, those are the Three Sillies? The Three Wiseguys? The Three Amigos? The Three... dare I say it... Stooges? Yikes. Between them and the secretarias, Chucho is in a seriously hostile work environment.

I bet Valentina's classmates are more mature than this bunch.

I'm glad Xochi is being nice to him, at least. That could be a very interesting friendship!
 

A few steps forward, a few steps back...
Really? Jessica works in the best make up company (at least they believe so) and can not afford a good waterproof mascara? Really?
Why is that in every soap opera all women poor and rich have to show raccoon eyes when they cry?
Nikki from AV wears some very unstable mascara, it stays when she swims (or drowns) but runs down with tears, LOL!!
Anyway, I don't know what I hate most, the cheap make up, the product placement or the gigantic VIRGEN OF GUADALUPE in the hallway.
Do all employees have to make the signal of the cross before they enter the building?
Religious imagery... Sooo unnecessary...
 

Thanks, Tablet Jefa, for the fast recap!I don't know how you kept it all straight!

I liked Elías trying to support Jesús in response to Verónica's vindictive criticisms of him.
The best advice Jesús got was from Chatita was to take the job since he needed the money. At work, he couldn't catch a break and his only allies were Alma and Xochitl.
With so many people against him, there is surely enough material for some good plot lines--I hope.
 

previous anon post by : Jarifa
 

Thank you Tableta Jefa for the wonderful, hilarious recap. I thought it was funny when Cardenas informed Alma and Jesus that the current secretary uniforms were for women only - Alma told him to have one custom made for Jesus (that's why Jesus was helping him with his measurements.)

I love your nick for Gilberto, Ricardo and Julio -- "the 3 sillies" -- perfect.

It should be interesting watching Xochi try to be friends with Jesus and the ladies. Unfortunately, Alejandro Avila's over-dramatic actions as Fernando are really starting to annoy me. He's making Fabian Mendoza look like an Emmy-winning actor (Fabian played Mario in the original version.)
 

TJ: Thank you so much for this fab recap. ITA with you Julie, poor Chucho has a really hostile work place. If I were Chucho I would have thrown that coffee in Fern's face, he so deserved it. Jessica needs to get over herself, she lost the job due to her own fault. I too was amazed by the running mascara, I thought Avon made a waterproof one, lol.

Did anyone notice that figurine on Alma's desk? It is a lady in an old fashioned dress. I noticed it first in UFCS in Pancho's office, then in Por Ella in Eva's office and now in Alma's office. Maybe this is the statue that shows up everywhere like the pear robe, lol.

Those guards were too funny, they couldn't even move Chucho at all. Also the three sillies love that name for them. It's perfect. I wish the secretaries would move on from their revenge so to speak. I am really liking Xochi and I too think it will be an interesting relationship.


 

Carlos: Thanks for the answer on AV about your new avatar. I've only had tofu once and am not the fan. As far as Vero goes, let's just say I consider her, how shall I say this in a nice way??? Oh, flawed, that's it, flawed, and I'm sticking to it, jus' sayin', lol.
 

Tableta Jefa, Do you know how to break the page after th first paragraph? Can you do it so we don't block the front page? Please send me an emailnatvcherylnewmex@gmail.com so you can communevwith mevand th others onPEAM TEAM

Thanks,
Cheryl
 

Thank you, Tablet Jefa! I could not agree with you more about the nicknames or the immaturity. Those secres don't need Jesus insulting them; they do a great job making themselves look bad.

I think the figurines are old-fashioned Avon ladies. They were all over on UFCS so I had plenty of time to look at them.
 

Thank you for the recap.

We often speculate on TNs, "Why on earth did they hire _____?" Well, at least in the case of Jessica, I know the answer: she was hired because of the bottom line!
 

Thanks, Tablet jeje. This episode was hard for me to watch. Can managers really hit workers in Mexico?...Really. Too silly for me. The only saving grace of this show for me is TBLMOE. When Fernando was hitting him and insulting hime, all I kept thinking was..''Hit him back , Manuel [Amor Real]. Run him through with your sword, Luis.'' I just can't keep watching if the silliness does not lessen. I need a hero.
 

Tablet Jefa, what a great title! I think your recap was great: "Vero must eat peppers for breakfast because she is so mean.)" and " (With her shining personality, I would wonder why)" made me smile. How true!

So Fernando, like the rest of the staff now aims to make Jesus' "life miserable". Sigh.

I will say again that I am happy so many Colunga fans are enjoying him here. While I like him as well, I miss a leading galan with style and panache. Although this has a stellar cast, I find I'm just not being drawn into the story. I am going to echo Susanlynn's "I just can't keep watching if the silliness does not lessen. I need a hero."

Happy Friday all...

Diana
 

Thanks TJ. Your recap is spot on. You're so right about the three sillies and the secretaries' attitude.

Elias is so nice - trying to give Jésus the benefit of the doubt. Vero's suspicions of Jésus lying sound like a replay of their earlier relationship. She says she could always tell when he wasn't telling the truth because he is so bad at lying. Being bad at lying sounds like a good thing to me. I think you are right TJ. Vero was probably always checking up on him & accusing him of misdeeds and that probably made him nervous & made him evasive -- which she called lying.

I hope some of this silliness calms down soon. I love the comedies -- but at least in the beginning they are so over the top. One of my favorites was Dinero and for the first couple of weeks I couldn't stand any of the actors. Later on I grew very fond of them all & it turned into one of my all time favorites.

Güera
 

Thanks for the recap TJ!

Güera- Thanks for the reminder about the beginning of Dinero and the time it took for some of the characters to grow on us. I remember that I couldn't stand Ale in the beginning because she was such a witch. But at least she elicited emotion, which Alma does not. I'm not yet sure if a heroine who makes me feel nothing is a deal breaker.

The characters I like so far, and want to see more of-- Jesus, Elias, Valentina and Xochi. I would actually also like to see more of Pati, when she's not draped all over Roge, because I think she will be fun and funny. I want to see her interact with more people.
 

Thank you Tablet Jefa. The title is funny and I loved your frustrated asides about Vero. All of them are dead on.

Güera- I have not watched many comedies, so with your words in mind, I am going to give this one a little more time. I was not impressed by this episode.
 

So appreciate the great recaps the last couple days--down with the count with some sort of bug and missed Tues/Wed, finally caught the episode last night. Don't think I missed much.

I have to agree with others that the over the top level of comedy right now is just hard for me to take, and I really was excited about some of the actors in this TN. Maybe I'm just not that use to watching the comedies, so I'll hang on to see if maybe we get some more dimension to the characters and the story picks up. Plus, as much as I love FC, I still can't wrap my head around him being a bit of a befuddled but sweet guy. Maybe if he finally takes a swing at someone, I'll be okay. Oh yeah-- and I hate the color pink. I'm trying to work through that as well...so much of it!!

I am always amazed how these bitchy women like Vero hook the sweet guys. What in the blazes did Elias see in her? Patience of a saint that man has. Me, I'm already at the point of wanting to slap her silly and this is week one.

Kinda looking forward to seeing the interaction with FC and EE.
 

Thank you all for your comments.
I too was not happy with this episode and it is painful to watch Colunga being such a weakling. I hope that this plot doesn't last too long.
Vero needs to get over herself.
 

Cherylnewmex,

What's the email address because what I copied is not being delivered. natvcherylnewmex@gmail.com
 

TJ: Click on Cheryl's icon and email her from there.
 

I think I heard Mimí de la Rose saying that she won the figurine because she is the best seller of AVON products. She hold it in her hands and showed it to someone, don't remember who.
I didn't watch UFCS because I had already watched LOS PEREZ, and I was starting to be annoyed by the idea of the soap set entirely in an actual company and not a fictitious one.
I am trying to get it over so I can watch PEAM, so far the three annoying people I have to stand are Chatita, Veronica and the guy who think is ''simply irresistible''
Ah! and the sound effects, Every time he turns around you can hear tinkerbell's pixie dust and those stomach noises- horrendous!
 

My mistake: when I said LOS PEREZ, I meant LOS SANCHEZ, sorry...
 

Julia and Pablo:

Thanks about the figurine. Now I know it is Avon related. I just found it odd to be in Por Ella cause the only Avon related person was Mimi de la Rose. But they did do alot of Avon schilling in that TN : )
 

Thanks
 

Hi
I'm having trouble emailing at the above address. Please advise
Thanks
 

TJ:

Click on my avatar and email me, please.
 

TJ- I think you need to get rid of the natv in front of cheryl in the e-mail address you posted.
 

Pablo, in Jessica's defense (something I won't rise to very often), I hate waterproof mascara. It doesn't go on as nicely as the regular kind. But yeah - women who lead dramatic telenovela lives should be willing to make the compromise. ;-)

And maybe Avon should pay a little more attention to the message some people could be getting about the company's products (not to mention its employees and corporate culture).

I don't like the exaggerated comedy and sound effects either, and yeah, I'd like Fernando's schtick-laden performances to be more natural as well.

Again - we know it can take a few weeks for a TN, especially a comedy, to really hit its stride. I can live with some bad comedy as long as the drama still works. But I HATE bad drama. (Unless it's intentionally campy... but I haven't seen a lot of good camp in TNs yet.)

So... here's hoping.
 

TJ, Sorry but my tablet (ipad) has a mind of its own. in regard to spelling so my email is :
cherylnewmex@gmail.com

I was off for the evening to my El Grupo meeting to speak Spanish with amigos so didn't notice my spelling disasters.

And forgive my bad manners, I neglected to tell you how terrific your recapping is. Thanks for all your humor.

This is really a lame plot so far and they are continuing with the annoyingly corny sound effects. I want my hero Jesus to deck Fernando and it looks like tomorrow I will want him to punch Roge except I'm supposed to be anti-violence. Susanlynn, can we picket in front of Univision's offices? It might be too late for rewrites.
 

I am also finding the comedy a bit too broad and the sound effects annoying, but I remember that I felt the same way about the exaggeration at the beginning of Llena de Amor and then that became one of my favorites. Sometimes they overdo it a little at the beginning to shorthand the character types, and then it gets a lot better once they decide you get the idea and they settle into the roles and develop them.


 

Speaking of, I just got my Mary Kay catalog, with waterproof mascaras and eyeliners from as low as 11 dollars each, isn't amazing? LOL
 

If they didn't wear mascara that runs, how would everyone know from a mile away that they are upset? How would they get enough attention?

Waterproof mascara doesn't go on as nicely and it's harder to take off. But if you cry as much as some of these chicas do...

How does Jessica sit down in that skirt? Does she have to stand all day? Those uniforms make the blue dresses of PESE look downright comfortable and attractive in comparison. The vest thingies look uncomfortable, for sure.
 

I am sure they do it on purpose, so we know who's crying and who's not and to mask acting skills. I have seen those eyes everywhere, but since this TN takes place in the make up industry, I was expecting more, silly me, is only a TN!!
 

Thanks for the recap, I missed the last half hour or so, so I missed the coffee and cafeteria scenes...which may or may not be a bad thing?

I'm a long time lurker, but not such a good commenter. I'm still divided about this TN. I like FC, Kika, and Carmen Salinas, but I'm not sure if it's enough to keep me watching. I'm hopeful, though.
 

...and from Televisa (that says it all)!
 

Maybe they are setting her up for a Product Placement Talk about waterproof makeup.
 

Hola everybody and especially Tablet Jefa who did an outstanding recap of a really lamentable, annoying episode.

I'm afraid Day 4 was a real let-down after the snappy beginning. I'm finding the office hijinks unfunny and unbearable ( the role of Maricela especially is overacted...I blame the director not the actress) and watching Colunga play such a subservient role is killing me.

I was another one who hated Dinero at the beginning, and gradually got drawn in (although I was never a big fan)but I never like any of these stories in the beginning so it's hard to predict. And it's amazing how just watching night after night will...indeed...get you hooked eventually.

Hoping this gets better and that Jesus gets a nicer shower so we can have some of those obligatory six-pack ab shots. That might make the rest of the drivel more tolerable.

Güera, congrats on your win yesterday. Georgetown looks like a tough opponent to come.
 

Jenbeizaie: Welcome to this TN and so glad you are out of lurkdom, please come join us in commenting. So glad you are here.

Guera and Vivi: So with you about the beginning of comedies. Dinero was a good example. I watched it in late night and it took me awhile to warm up to Allie. She was so hateful in the beginning and also Vikki, Vikki, Vikki drove with crazy with the screeching but it grew on me and was so funny. I think this one will be fine after the first two weeks or so. I have to hand it to Fern, that Snidely Whiplash twirling of the mustache makes me giggle.
 

Tks Tablet jefa

The novela is a little silly but maybe it will get better as the story evolves.

I just don't like seeing my hunkisimo as such a wimp but sooner or later he'll get his macho back. I think that is the idea of the writers, everyone runs over him until one day !!watch out!! Our man's back!
 

I am guessing that the macho hi-jinks will eventually force Jesus to stand up for himself. Maybe he will win more people to his side by being patient as a saint.
 

Thanks for the recap, Tablet Jefa! I'm home sick and haven't had a chance to watch yet, but I'll catch up in time for my shift tomorrow morning.

I too am looking forward to the 2-week point, after which we'll have a better idea of what we're dealing with. These actors are much too good for all this mugging -- someone needs to take the director aside and explain that.
 

Great job Tablet Jefa. Very nicely done.

This show is also a bit difficult for me to warm up to but there are a number of old friends in the cast. Though she's been a bit acrid so far, I think that Veronica is someone we can all learn to appreciate... after all, Jesús was impressed enough to make a baby with her. Judy, I think that you and she have a few things in common (note my tofu avatar in her honor).

Isn't middle silly guy our old friend Arnie (Rolu's brother from Gancho) and Oliver (LldA)?

Pati (Kristal from LldA) is always such fun and Maricela is a cutie.

I even got into the coffee thing between Fernando and Jesús last night though a little of that goes a long way.

We'll see...next!

Carlos
 

Ah yes, Carlos...I'm sorry to say Veronica and I do have a lot in common food-wise. It's a little uncomfortable to see this presented as symbolic of a tight-a$$, bitter, judgmental, rigid, no-fun female so hey, I'll join you in hoping for her redemption!

I have noticed your mischievous pattern of picking a female you know we all loathe, and puckishly championing her on a regular basis...and dang! if she doesn't always get redeemed and white as snow by the end. We'll see....we'll see, my friend....
 

Judy, we all know you are none of those adjectives (although I'm sure your heinie is plenty firm from all the exercise, I still wouldn't call you a "tight-a$$"). Plus, I know I've heard you mention chocolate so you can't be as orthorexic as our maybe-to-be-redeemed Veronica.
 

Thanks Julia...but do you know, that at my age, chocolate STILL makes my face break out!!!!! Is that fair? (and yes, I do sometimes weaken...particularly if I'm at Trader Joe's)
 

Ugh, i was not planning on watching this but Colunga makes me melt, having said that I don't think I can watch this if the other characters continue to treat him theis badly, it hurt to watch last night!
 

I predict that Xochi will get a super makeover with Avon products before the end -- and Verónica will be redeemed by Tostachos.
 

''Más vale que haya un loco y no dos''
I wanted to punch Fernando in the face, but in the long run, Jesús will look a lot better if he stays cool. Besides, right now his hands are tied and he need to prove he can do ANYTHING for his daughter. I am sure her little face and toothless smile are the only things keeping from throwing boiling coffee in Fernando's ugly face...!
 

Ditto Susanlynn's hero remark.
 

Jesus isn't weak; he's just holding back. One of these days...BAM!

At any rate, I hope he'll keep things zingy in the meantime. Perhaps he should repair his shower and then spend some quality time enjoying Avon's superb bath products.
 

Yeah! Like those cantaloupe soap balls that came in a cantaloups-like container that could be used as a decoration in the kitchen... or the long arm brush for the back!! You're right!
Anyone remember the frog that could double as a soap holder? Or the soap with a rope? Oh, those were the days my friend!
 

Julia: I so agree with you. Our Chucho is so NOT weak and agree he is holding back. Especially taking his anger out in the coffee nook, when he was making Fern's coffee. He is frustrated and will probably think of a way to get back at ole Fern. I can't wait for that.
 

Ah...memories...soap-on-a-rope. That was a running joke in Hub's family . Since his grandma [Mammy as the PA Dutch call her] was an Avon lady, he received a lot of soaps-on-ropes for Christmases in his youth. Just what every young lad wants. Mammy would come right out on the baseball field after Hub got his license and order him to take her to make her Avon deliveries. Hub has no happy memories of Avon. I, however, always enjoyed wearing the tough-as-nails nail polish . Also, didn't people use an Avon product called Skin So Soft to ward off mosquitoes? I seem to remember rugged hunters around here swearing by it. And, I bought lots of bottles of Avon bubblebath for my Auntie Eleanor. I have several old Avon perfume bottles from Mammy that I thought might become collectibles...not so much. Is Avon big in Mexico ? Why has it been the workplace of so many novelas...product placement like in Amores [Bailey's, Crest Whitestrips] but on a larger scale ?
 

I guess is pretty big since I don't see any TN about Stanhome or Fuller worksites.
When I was a kid, AVON had my little town polarized, some people loved the kitschy containers (Little deers, wall clocks, Eiffel Towers, swans with crowns, and so on) and some people hated them.
There was an AVON lady in almost every corner, like Starbucks, and one of my cousins was one of them.
At that age, the products for kids were awesome! Because some of them could be recycled, like the Mr Potato head that double as a canteen, etc. I believe they had no tears baby shampoo before Johnson & Johnson did. Anyways, I loved to play with the empty bottles, fill them up with water and pretend we all kids were buying and selling! Great for math!
 

Avon did always have good kids' stuff. I remember being slathered with Skin-So-Soft to prevent mosquito bites. It works pretty well and doesn't smell nearly as bad as the drugstore stuff.
 

Slightly OT first: I'm active on a perfume forum where I just won some Avon in a giveaway. I am completely unfamiliar with their current scents, so this will be interesting.

Now, to the episode: Good work on this recap. I'm late because I had to catch up to this episode early this morning.

I don't know how long I will stick with this based on the insane behavior of the office meanies. Fernando would never get away with any of this crap in the real world. It's why I stopped watching Just Shoot Me back in the day.

I love FC, but -- por favor con azucar -- get him a novela de epoca to wield a sword in! This "Aw, shucks, ma'am" stuff is a turn-off!

Agree 1000% that Valentina's classmates have to be more mature than this.
 

Did anyone notice that when Fernando interrupted Alma in her office she was talking on the phone to a "Señor Balvanera"? Jajá. I see what they did there.

Working on the recap now...
 

Recap's up!
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder