Thursday, December 26, 2013

Por siempre mi amor #16 12/25/2013: Art and Isa Heat Up; Sucia is Still a Lying Liar

Recap by J Desde NYC

Lo Refrito: Art asks Isa out on a date.

Lo Nuevo

Depa Isa
Totally unprofessional and should be fired Gema wakes up out of her drunken stupor in her boss's bed after defiling it with Dante. She has enough sense to check the safe to see if it's open and seeing it closed exclaims "At least nothing happened" (menos mal).  Of course, she doesn't realize el ladron de Dante already robbed the safe while she was sleeping.  Dante shows up and shows his romantic side as he brings in breakfast  to spoil (consentir) his princesa--chilaques and juice to raise the dead. How sweet...NOT! Gema gets enough sense in between bites to tell Dante they shouldn't be fornicating in her boss's bed or drinking her boss's good liquor.  Dante is all "while the cat's away the mice will play" and suggests that Gema even wear one of Isa's formal gowns since he's gonna take her out to dinner at a fancy place.  And this is where I go "Have you learned nothing from Isa, Gema?" because this sounds like Dante is doing a Fernando where he robs a woman blind and then wines and dines her on the proceeds and makes out like a bandit. Gema thinks this is crazy but Dante distracts her by continuing to spoonfeed her.
 Casa Abuela Meanie
Abuela Meanie pretends to be saying her prayers on her rosary while she's sitting at the kitchen table in front of Andrea's handbag.  She rifles through the handbag to get to Mauricio's business card. We see from Mau's business card that he has the same apellido, Narváez, as our late, great hare-brained galan from Corazon Indomable.  Viewerville hopes Mau isn't as dumb as One-Cell Octavio.  Seems Abuela Meanie wants to talk with him without Andy's knowledge.

El Colegio
Aranza and Dafne exchange notes in class as the teacher pretends to write on the board. "You were right," Ara's note says, "my aunt went on a trip with my dad." Dafne writes back, "I told you.  I don't tell lies!" Ara shakes her head in agreement.

Porto Azul
Gabi meets up with Isa on the beach. Gabi asks her how'd it go with Art.  "He wanted me to go out to dinner with him and I said 'No.' "
G-Are you crazy?

I-I don't want to waste my time on someone who's playing around.  And what about Sonia?

G-She's a nobody (un cero a la izquierda).  You're losing the opportunity to be happy with a man who is, other than handsome and hard-working, is loving, thoughtful and attentive (detallista), loyal and honest.

I-How do you know so much about him?

G-I don't have to know him long to realize how he is because he's done everything to get close to you.  But if you want to stay closed up in your pain and suffering like a victim, go ahead, I won't stop you.  But you're the one losing out. 

Isa softens to the idea of going out with Art but Gabi walks away. "Where are you going?" Isa asks.  Gabi: "Nicolas invited us to Emerald Beach, but I'm sure you don't want to go since you want to stay fixed (instalar-instalado) in your pain.  See you later."

Bruno and Art meet up and apparently the Televisa costume department remembered that Guy is the galan in this tn and not Alejandro Ruiz (Bruno) since Guy is dressed in a great-looking breezy white linen number and rock-star shades and they talk about Isa.  Bruno tells Art to keep on asking Isa out (insistir) while Art says he doesn't want to force Isa to do anything. He doesn't want her to think he's some stalker ( terco obsesionado) who won't take no for an answer.  Bruno frustratingly tells Art to do whatever he wants. Art asks him what's with the tone?

B-"You were decisive last night about this opportunity because of Eugenia's passing.  You can't miss this opportunity."

I-"But not at the cost of pressuring her and making her feel bad."

B-"Ok, I swear I understand you-Bruno says in a softer, more understanding tone. Do what you want."

Casa Arte
MeanMin calls Mau at the job while Andrea is in the room, introduces herself as Andy's mom but tells him not to let Andy know she's calling him. "How can I help you?" Mau says.  Meanie and Mau meet for lunch and Meanie tells Mau about the threats and assault by an unknown assailant.  Mau is sufficiently shocked and worried that Andry didn't tell him about these goings-on. 
Meanie: "Well she doesn't want everyone to know how complicated her life is and this hurting her on-the-job."

Mau: "We just met her but we love her already and want her well-being," Mau insists.

Meanie: "I feel so relieved hearing this," Min says, laying it on.  "I know you brought her home the other day..."

Mau: "And I'll bring her home every day so that son-of-a-gun (infeliz ) won't hurt her."

Meanie: "This is good. This will help us find out who this guy is."

Mau: "You want to use your daughter as bait (carnada ) to trap this guy?"

Meanie: "I wouldn't put it that way but we need a target to get this guy so my little girl can sleep in peace.

Casa Cochinada
At Gonzo's place, Gonzo goes through the loot Dante brought back from Isa's safe and says to himself that Feo wouldn't be the only one to enjoy the spoil. Then he realizes all the loot, the fake jewelry Feo had give Isa, is worthless.  He angrily calls Dante and tells him this since he was there when Feo was getting all the cheap jewelry for Isa.  "You better search that house some more because you're not to leaver there empty-handed. Got it?!" 

Porto Azul
Isa stumbles upon Art by the pool and thinks to leave but rethinks as she remembers what Bruno and Isa said about Art being a good guy and the kiss she shared with Arturo.  She goes to Art and accepts his dinner date invitation. "You're not gonna regret it," Art promises.

Tita's eating lunch and overhears bikers discussing how they're going to join together with another biker club to arrange a clothing and toy drive for a women's shelter for abused women.  Tita jumps up immediately to offer her help.  She says she's seen the bikers around but never imagined they were doing such good and she wants to help.  The bikers ask her if she has a motorcycle.  As a response, we're treated to our seventh, I think, "Caigamos en la oracion" as Tita clutches her pearls at such a prospect.

Sucia Returns
Sucia shos up at Ar's school ad Dafne scatters with Liliana and Esteban like a cockroach exposed to sunlight.  Sucia goes to hug Ara and she backs away. 

S: Why won't you greet me?

A: You left me at my grandfather's to go to the beach with my father.

S: Who told you this?

A: I heard Tita tell Lucha that you raised a fuss ( armó un escándalo ) with my father.

S: That's a lie.  I was sick in the hospital.  Look at my hand where they pierced me for the IV (suero ). Who's lying now? I'm not I only came here to take you out to eat to make up for the bad time you had at your grandfather's.

A: But Tita is supposed to come for me.

S: We'll call Tita, Lucha and Gabino to tell them I'm with you.

Porto Azul
Bruno, Nicolas, and Gabi continue to sightsee and stop at a jewelry store.  Gabi admires a simple and beautiful torquoise bracelet but doesn't buy it. After Gabi leaves, Bruno buys it.

Art and Isa dressed in white walk on the beach.  isa asks where there date is going to be.  "The best and most exclusive place here," Art says.  We then see a well-made table with flowers and candles right there on the beachside.  They talk about their lives.  Isa tells him how Feo robbed her and that he had two accomplices, one a female who the police still don't know but was surely Feo's lover. Art says now he understands why Isa is so hurt and defensive. Isa comisserates with Art about Eugenia death.  He tells her he didn't think he could open his heart to any again after Eugenia but isa has awakened something in him.

Casa Sucia and Casa Arte
Ara and Sucia eat at her place and Sucia continues her manipulation of Ara telling her she's the only one who will never lie to her since they're related--just as Eugenia never lied to her.  When Ara goes home she tells Tita that she and Lucha are liars since Sucia wasn't with Art but hospitalized.  Tita tells Ara that she herself told Ara that Sucia was sick and hospitalized, but if Ara doesn't believe her she should ask your godfather (Bruno) and your father the truth.

 Porto Azul
Isa asks Art about Sonia.  He insists and reassures Isa he has no feelings for Sucia and never will and he won't allow Sucia to use Ara to get to him.  Isa and Art kiss and fireworks--makes no sense but are very pretty--go off.

Avances
Isa and Gabi girl talk
Ara and Dafne in a girl fight
Sucia and Feo threaten to reveal each other's dirty secrets
Andy asks if her divorce from Feo can be sped up.
Feo calls Isa.

Labels:


Comments:
J Desde NYC:

Thanks so much for this terrific recap on Christmas! Hope you had a lovely holiday.

Ay, yi, yi, poor Ara. I feel so bad for her. She doesn't know who to believe. I hope Art comes home soon and Ara finally understands that So-Not is a lying liar that lies. I can't stand the way that So-not is manipulating her. So-not didn't dare show her face in the house either.

I am so liking Tita, she was very funny with the bikers and I'm glad she wanted to straighten this "lying" out with Ara.

Gema is way easy. When Isa comes back, Gema is gonna be in so much trouble!

Art and Bruno are the sweetest guys. I liked the dinner that Art set up for Isa, it was so romantic and that bracelet Bruno bought was lovely.

I wonder about Grandma Meanie. At first I thought she was looking for money in Andy's purse, but she got that card and had a meet with Mau. She basically told him the truth. Interesting.
 

Thank you, J for any excellent and succinct recap. I love the title.
Gaby and Bruno continue to be the best cheerleaders for Isa and Art. I like the -oh well- do what you want- "hands off" approach. It worked.
Poor Aranza is as confused as ever, too bad Art didn't call the house and warn Tita and Lucha to keep Sucia away from Aranza until he got beck. Maybe Tita, could have alerted the school.
I'm still laughing at - "Totally unprofessional and should be fired Geme"- it's so true.
Question- will Tita buy a motorcycle??? Hmm.
Art is truly a detailed gentleman, the dinner was over the top romantic. I really enjoy the interactions between Art and Isa. It's not too overwhelming.
On the other hand Dante and Gema are nauseating. I agree in hoping that Gema would have learned a little something about men based on her jefa's experience but I guess not. Let's see what Dante's plan B will be.
 

Madelaine,

Interesting we were on the same wave length with the exception of Grandma Meanie. I know that she has some type of selfish intention, she couldn't have changed overnight.
 

Wonderful recap, J. You covered just the basics covered the most important developments.

It seems Nicolas the hotel owner is playing cupid. He found an excuse to leave Gabi and Bruno all alone at dinner, and I bet he helped Art set up that super romantic dinner on the beach. Loved the great conversation Art and Ida had. A nice mix of romance and reality.

It also seems that Meanie is playing cupid too. She sees an opportunity for Andy to have a well to do suitor. I don't agree with her reasons, but I am supportive of the intended results.
 

Thanks TJ. My boys were in food comas last night after Christmas dinner, so I won the TV war.

Isa/Art are so sweet together...great chemistry between the two leads. I have liked Guy's more understated romantic lead tendencies last TN's I've seen and goes well with this character. Glad Isa is seeing where this could go after what she went through. Dinner was great, the pyrotechnics a little much ( and those going off would have made me jump out of my seat, just sayin').

Vivi, I tend to think the same as you about Meanie. Now, I think her intentions are selfish--seeing if she can play matchmaker or better Ande's status will benefit her. Illusions of better living dancing in her head...but hey, like you said, this may just work out in Ande's favor. Lord knows she deserves it.


 

oops, well I guess Santa forgot to fix my Google for Christmas and it didn't save my signature. Last post was me.

Daisynjay
 

J, this is great.

Grandma Meanie's actions are suspicious to me. I was more of the opinion that she wants Andrea to lose her job so she can be home to take more abuse. Andrea needs a makeover because she still dresses like a working class shlump instead of a professional woman in an office.
 

Thanks for taking the time to do this fabulous recap for us. I love the way you get all the important details and seamlessly include the snark. The description of Gema is dead on accurate and I agree with you about the fireworks. They looked great but a little over the top and IMO not Arturo's style.

UA- I'm really hoping for a new "luke" for Andrea. Nothing huge but maybe a little more polished and something that doesn't scream "hey I'm a wimp. Abuse me please."

Does Univision show different advances in different areas? I never see the same avances that are mentioned in the recaps. :(
 

TJ:


I do agree with you about Grandma Meanie. I too think she is up to something but what? Playing Cupid as Vivi and DaisynJay said and Urban too is suspicious. I just wonder what Grandma Meanie is hoping to gain, a son-in-law, money? Until Agatha talked to her, she could have cared less about Andy and her kids. I too agree she hasn't changed overnight. She definitely wants something.
 

PS: I am a loser and I actually have a notepad to keep track of caigamos en la oración. We are up to 9.
 

Sara:

Sometimes, later in the evening, they show more avances for the TNs than they show as the show is ending.
 

Ah! That explains it. I'm usually go to bed right after this one. Thanks, Mass.

PPS one thing I am really enjoying is Arturo and Isa talking about their feelings of confusion and trepidation. I also thought the dinner last night was brilliant writing. Not a lot of dialogue but lots of good acting/body language. You could tell they were really getting along and talking and connecting.
 

That should be Mads. Stupid autocorrect.
 

What I meant by "enjoying" was more like I appreciate that the writers are not forcing us to jump right on board with this romance. It has only been 3 months and I know it bothers me to think Arturo is already dating. I'm glad the writers are acknowledging this. Isa needs to listen to Gaby though. By continuing to avoid love she is still letting F-no have some control over her.
 

Thanks for keep the caigamos en la oración count. In Sada's last tn, Refugio Para el Amor, the catch phrase of the mother of heroine was "Válgame Dios!"-- Lord, help me/bless my soul!

Caigamos en la oración seems like the best translation would be "let us pray", or more colloquially, "Lord help us!"
 

Daisynjay,

I posted the recap but J Desde NYC wrote it. Glad you won the TV battle last night :-)
 

I just packed up my toys (gifts) and went home, since I was losing the tv battle at my parents' house last night. :)
 

Sara C, You will be the official 'caigamos en la oración' counter. I know tita said it twice in this cap. Vivi, I agree with your translation of the phrase. Tita seems to use it in the context of something surprising and shocking happening.

I'm not on board with the quick Is a/Art romance either, but we know our protas are well meaning. I'm also worried about Ara who's feeling so confused and insecure.
 

Vivi- I'm glad you mentioned Refugio because I wanted to ask your opinion of it and how it compares to this since they have the same producer. I don't think he's done many TNs, but that's based on Wikipedia which is not always reliable.

J- I will continue to keep my notepad ready. Last night I had already put it up when Tita busted out with the second one. I had to get up and make another tic mark. Lol.

I am feeling really sorry for Aranza and you know when Art returns she will be even more confused. Sucia is just messing with her head. The girl is going to end up with major trust issues. I wonder if that will play out when we leap forward.
 

I think we see the teen Aranza in the title sequence and she looks very hostile.

I hate teen drama queens although I am more forgiving of them than of adult ones like Madhilde in MPV.
 

Sara- I’m glad you asked about Un Refugio Para el Amor. After that tn, I have respect for Sada and decided to look out for whatever else he produces. He’s a fairly young producer, so I expect more good things from him, and this tn proves that he has a good head for selecting scripts (even if they are remakes), hiring actors, and selecting a good writing/directing team.

Refugio could have been a cliché ridden mess, in other hands—Mejia or his wife Nathalie Lartilleux (Corazon Indomable, Cuidado con el Angel). The story is your typical Cindrella tn, poor country girl meets and falls in love with rich city boy, then later finds out she’s actually the child of rich parents. Sounds a lot like CI and CCEA so far, no?

But where Sada’s team makes the difference is that they treat all their characters with dignity and respect, and therefore treat their audience with that same respect. Even when we didn’t like them, the characters’ actions were understandable. We cared deeply about most of them, including some who were considered to be villains (e.g. Don Aquiles who plays Ozzie here). The heroine struck out on her own and made a success of herself through hard work and talent. She maintained her dignity throughout. I had thought the galan, Rod, was the worst galan ever, until I met Octavio in CI. But I even cared for that dummy Rod, and wanted the best for him. And when he got down on his knees, in tears, in front of the heroine halfway through the tn to beg forgiveness, I felt he was sincere. In fact, as dumb as he was sometimes, I never doubted his love for the heroine. There were love stories for every age group, and they were all done really well. I did not expect to enjoy Refugio as much as I did when I first read the synopsis. I recommend it if you can find it online.
 

Yeah, I don't think adult Aranza is going to be on our like list, considering she is named as one of the people Art and Isa have to fight against to protect their love in the synopsis, and the intro shows her being a beyotch to Isa and Art. But, the intro also shows her happy in Esteban's arms, so there must be hope for her.
 

"We cared deeply about most of them, including some who were considered to be villains"

I have been trying for a while now to figure out exactly why I like one show and not another. Obviously it's a complicated thing, but I think first and foremost I like a show with characters I care about and would actually like in real life (no I'm not losing my grip on reality lol.)

That is something I really like about this and MPV. Even Cachito had that quality. While CI started out OK for me (I'm a sucker for fairy tales) I started to not give a hoot about any of the characters. The same happened with Abismo. This is where I also think casting comes in. I don't think I will ever give a hoot about any character played by Angelique. I liked her in Teresa, but after AdP...meh.
 

Sara:

But, but, AB is great in "Robo", I think she wasn't that great in AdP cause of the lead. They didn't fit well to me and I had to stop watching. She has much better chemistry with SR, si?
 

AB is doing a great job in Robo, and her chemistry with SR is fab (like in Teresa). I think the role of a semi-spoiled/pampered princess fits her mannerisms perfectly. It fit when she was purposely trying to appear high class in Teresa, and it fits effortlessly in this Robo role. It did not fit her character in AbP, who was supposed to be a salt of the earth kind of gal. Plus, the writing on that tn made her character, and the other young characters, hateful. Bad writing, bad direction (particularly for AB), and limited chemistry between the leads. Not a good combo.
 

Vivi:

I totally agree with what you said about AB and the other actors and the writers of AdP and Refugio too : )
 

Still it seems that every time I try to watch Robo I just can't deal with it. Last night she promised to try and play the role of good wife better. I think I'm not liking the modern remake of a period story. I admit I have not watched a lot but the few times I've paid attention it just seemed surreal.

I totally see AB as princess, though. Usually not my favorite kind of character and definitely not for the prota.

About Aranza- when the show began she was very sweet and though it was clear she was the center of the universe for those in her household, she didn't come off as spoiled brat. Lately she has started showing out....which I totally understand, but couple that with Sucia's influence and I think we are going to be seeing a real monster. I am going to cling to Vivi's words about this producer and hope I still like Aranza and can forgive her at the end. (Something I was not able to do with Vainessa on LQNPA.)
 

J desde NYC: Thank you for the recap and the vocabulary lesson too. I also think the fireworks were a bit out of place. I suppose Arturo could have asked the waiter to watch and see if they kissed, and then light off the fireworks. That's a little creepy though.

Vivi in DC: Thanks for the info on "caigamos en oración." That phrase wasn't in either of my two Spanish dictionaries, nor was it in the two online dictionaries I'm familiar with.

Arturo may be a "detallista" with his flowers, dinner on the beach, and fireworks but I prefer the way that Bruno is courting Gaby ... double dates, a stolen kiss, and buying her a bracelet that she admired. It's low key, but also low pressure, and it won't make anyone uncomfortable working together if it doesn't pan out.
 

Well, I just hope Sada doesn't give in to Televisa's pressure to make this tn more like CI, in order to get better ratings. Caigamos en la oración!
 

The ratings are good for this TN. I just checked Zap2it/tvbythenumbers and it said this:

Mentir: 2.7 million over all

Siempre: 3.0 million over all

Robo: 3.4 million over all

They all show a jump in viewership by 2+ points.
 

I talking more about the ratings in Mexico affecting the producer's choices. But I'm glad to see that the current Uni lineup in the US is doing well. Thanks Mads.
 

Thank you J-NYC. A great recap and on Christmas no less. It was perfect and to the point.

Will Gema get fired? She should but my guess is that she won't. How is Dante going to get back in to look for the loot/stash without Gema there to let him in?

I'm really liking this one, the story is shaping up nicely.

Poor Aranza is being pulled in several directions. That's a lot for a young girl to comprehend. I guess that she is going to end up against Art and Isa.

I posted a late comment on 12/24
I guess that not many saw it so I will repeat a couple of things now.
Sara C---You said that Guy Ecker was getting bad press or was it bad posts in Mexico. I have been wondering could it be because of his non Latin surname? He matches up nicely with SG, so what could it be?

Aleta---You posted--gringo Oh, no!
You've learned how to complain. Well that complaint did have merit
As you remember over at CI, there was a sizeable complaint club. For the most part, I was the lone person fighting against them. By nature I'm a realist and because of that with only one exception that I can think of, I don't enjoy modern day action flicks. For me, they're just too phony for words. Ok, so if I am a realist, why did I like CI so much, you ask? I don't know, I don't have an answer for that. All that I can say is that I liked the basic story line, the locations and the cast. Put everything together and I guess that for me, the good out weighed the bad. The constant barrage of
complaints did get to me though. Maybe a little of the complaint department did start to rub off on me. I don't want to be labeled as a complainer but I have noticed something lately---complaint #2, or is it #3 now. In the early show, Mentir, I have noticed a couple of people portrayed as smokers walking around with unlit cigarettes in their mouths. Is it so politically incorrect that a smoker can't be portrayed realistically now? The cast members will automatically get lung cancer and die? Where is Humphrey Boggart in the smoke filled room today? Don't get me wrong, I'm not in favor of cigarettes but please, this is ridicules.
the gringo


 

Gringo- I've only seen the police chief, Carmelo, do that. Is there another character in Mentir who's a smoker? I can't remember. I have just been assuming that character is a former smoker who keeps the unlit cigarette as a kind of crutch (plus he's in his office, where that likely isn't allowed).

As for actors smoking, I feel like I've heard debates about this over the years, both in terms of the actors' health, and the message it sends to kids watching. Perhaps Kat/5 Ft., who's an actress, has more insight. You should ask over on the Mentir feed.
 

Gringo:

I think you mentioned this actor with the cigarette, cause he is playing the Majordomo here and he doesn't hold a cigarette in this one, at least not so far, he does in Mentir. This actor I remember did the same in LFDD when he played that bad guy whose name escapes me, although I think his name was El Gato?
 

OT:

I just have to mention this but in La Madrastra, two characters smoke like chimneys. Sabine Moussier as Fabiola and Rene Casados as Bruno. It's also funny that they play husband and wife in that one, and the way they do "the deed" is hilarious, I was laughing so hard last night I woke my dogs, ; ) It was filmed in 2000 I think.
 

Mads-Thanks for the ratings info! I'm happy to hear the shows are doing well here. Maybe Univision won't mess with the scheduling anymore? Like Vivi, I hope the news gets back to Mexico that they are doing well here...maybe the producers won't make to many changes? (A girl can dream, right?)
 

Madelaine, it was "El Gordo."

He was also in Las Vias del Amor as a convict. Real ickfest.
 

J Desde NYC thanks so much for your recap. Hope you had a nice holiday.

I also feel bad for Ara. Art has not realized how evil So-not is and how he needs to protect his daughter from her.

I'm enjoying the couples.
 

Desde NYC: The conversation translations and embedded vocabulary were wonderful. This was an excellent recap.

"Defiling" (great word" and "Gema gets enough sense in between bites to tell Dante they shouldn't be fornicating in her boss's bed or drinking her boss's good liquor" were among my favorites.

Grandma is the wolf who will never be the lamb. She is cruel and selfish to the nth degree. If she says or does anything kind toward Andrea, it is only with the goal it will benefit her somehow. Saying she does not love her grandchildren (if indeed they are really hers), finished her with me. Period.

I join everyone in their concern for Aranza - she is being skillfully manipulated and being emotional scarred by the vile Sonia.

Enjoyed all the comments and thank you J for doing this in such fine fashion.

Diana


 

Since we are watching poor Aranza being twisted by that villain Sonia as a little girl, do you think that will make us more sympathetic to the bitchy young woman she'll likely become?
 

Vivi, great question.

My honest answer is that I should be sympathetic. But, the truth is I likely won't be. Perhaps it's unfair but I can empathize with a child and feel their pain but have more difficulty in doing so with a young adult who should be able to see things clearer and with greater perspective.

I'm hedging. I will have to see what the adult Aranza is like but the opening credits with her screaming "nunca", doesn't look promising. :(

Diana
 

Gringo- most of the anti-Ecker comments have been about his being to old to be a galan. A little bothersome IMO. As if a person loses all interest in romance after 25. *eye roll*

Diana- I am fully expecting some vile behavior from adult Aranza. I will have to remind myself about young Aranza and hope it keeps me from hating her too much. I'm also thinking Sucia and Fernando are going to be manipulating her so much that I will be angrier at them than Aranza. But it depends. I am less forgiving of adults as well.
 

I'm pretty sure I'll be sympathetic to Aranza because I don't think Art handled the post-funeral situation with Ara well. To my mind he could have done a lot more to reassure Ara that he loves her, and tell her that their lives are gonna change with Genia's death but change isn't bad. He hasn't comisserated with Ara enough to my mind. I recall a scene where Ara says Mom used to sit in that chair and Art just ignored the comment when it was obvious Ara wanted to talk about her Mom.

Art, Genia and Ara were a tight-knit unit and Art basically decided to ignore that in moving on. He only uses Genia's memory to get Ara to behave. Sucia is successful in influencing Ara because she always acknowledges Ara's pain about losing Genia even though she's the one who caused the pain.
 

" Sucia is successful in influencing Ara because she always acknowledges Ara's pain about losing Genia even though she's the one who caused the pain. "

Wow. I'm kind of slow. That is a fabulous observation. Sucia is even more vile to me. Oh now I'm mad! She doesn't give a hoot about Aranza but she is providing exactly what the girl needs. And darnit now I'm mad at Art for not seeing it! GAH! :)
 

UA, is it bad that Abuela Meanie is one of my favorite characters ever since the sartenazo? I loved that she grabbed the frying pan from Agatha as if to say, ' You're doing it wrong...let me give him the hits he deserves.' I also kind of like that we don't know her intentions yet post-Agatha talk.

Did anyone else notice that Andrea is also kind of still shocked at how nice Meanie is being to her. After Meanie stole Mau's business card from Andy's purse, Andy came in the room and Meanie offered Andy something to eat so she wouldn't leave the house on an empty stomach, Andy made this face that just said, 'I don't know what to think about her being nice. I'm just gonna take it one day at a time and wait and see if she's for real.' The actors in this TN have the best facial expressions they telegraph feelings without saying a word.


Sara c, wrt the advances. I recap from caps posted on YT-I'm never home to watch the show-and I think the avances on these caps are what's shown in Mexico.

 

Well then Univision is giving us not very inticing avances. :)
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder