Friday, January 24, 2014

Por siempre mi amor #37 1/24/14: Have the Pepto Ready

What a nausea inducing episode...

Directo al Grano....
As always, condensed and combined for your reading pleasure.

La Fiesta De Disfraces (Near typo: Disgraces.....funny, just one letter....)
Ara has arrived like a lamb to slaughter and Favier begins his game. He sweet talks her and wants to show her what would be willing to do to have her. Ara is struck by his good looks. Ew. 

Inside, Don Gil the matchmaker  is pointing out Ileana to Dan. He introduces them and they chit chat. Dan is not into parties and doesn't like to be the center of attention. He's usually a little reserved. Ileana says she's the same way and all her friends at the university say she's cero moderna (which I assume means "a drag.")


The Hospital
Nick and Gaby and Bruno and Ally arrive at the hospital to check on Isa. Awkward. Luckily, Isa is going to be fine. She's just a little worn out and stressed.

Art and Isa decide this is the perfect time to talk to Gaby and Bruno about padrino duties. Awkward. 

In the lobby, Nick explains how Bruno and Gaby met ten years ago and how we witnessed the beginning of their amor. He asks Ally if she's uncomfortable with them being close to each other. Ally isn't, but she wishes Bruno had at least told her about Gaby. Nick can't believe Bruno didn't tell her. Ally feels like she arrived in Mexico blindfolded since she really knew nothing about Bruno's life pre-Spain. (Sorry, Ally. That's partly your fault. And if you asked and he evaded answering, you sure as hell shouldn't have married him.) 

Morelos
Tita and Osvy check in at the hotel. He's booked separate rooms. She's disappointed. She was hoping for a little nooky. Alone in her room she calls Gaby. Gaby reminds Tita that Osvy is a little chapada a la antigua (old-fashioned) suggests talking to Osvy. Tita is a little scandalized. She's liberal but not descarada (shameless.) The next day, Tita broaches the subject with Osvy. She was hoping the trip would have been more like a Luna de Miel. Osvy chokes a little and explains he didn't want to be an ass with his assumptions. Tita lets him know he can assume away and suggests they plan another luna de miel trip...with an emphasis on the "miel."

El Bobo....digo El Borlas
He's heading out to the "job" Dante told him about. I'm sure no one in Viewerville is surprised to find out the "job" is in no way legitimate. They knock out the driver of a semi-truck and rob it. The next day the five kids in hats see Dante putting all the TVs and sound systems in his apartment. Mari takes note.

La Fiesta de Disgraces (not a typo)
Ara can't believe how guapo Favier is. Ileana can't believe how guapo Dan is. I can't believe how badly these people dance. 

Favier wants to ask Ara out and wonders if she would accept. She says maybe. Javier correctly guesses she has a boyfriend. Favier wants to respect that. He knows the heartache of infidelity and now it's hard for him to trust anyone, but maybe now he's met the right person. Oh my gourd™. Send the Frogs Upstairs. 

Unfortunately, Dafne has spotted a picture of Ileana and Dan on lleana's Feisbuk and she is pithed that she wasn't invited. She calls Esteban and asks him if he wants to hang out since Ara is busy partying. 

Hospital
Isa is worried. It took them so long to get pregnant and she is afraid of something happening to the baby. Art comforts her. She drifts off to sleep and has a nightmare. A hairy, male arm takes her baby blanket and keeps grabbing at her. It was horrible. She wakes up terrified and wondering why she is still dreaming about Feo. Art assures her Feo is dead and he will never hurt them again.

The Disgraces Continue
Favier is careful with his heart and wants to know if with Ara he's in danger. Ileana interrupts, drags Ara away and asks qué the hell Ara is doing with that creepy guy who is old enough to be her father.

And does Ara thank her for saving her life? No. Not at all. She tells her she's a grown woman who knows what she's doing, not a little girl like some people. She tells Ileana to butt out. She flounces out (which is easy to pull off in that dress) and heads outside where Favier catches up with her. He wonders what her friend wanted.

Ara explains that her friend is just a metiche and felt the need to remind her about Esteban. Javier says they were just talking, but maybe her friend just saw the obvious. You know what they say: lo que te choca, te checa (lit. what annoys you, you checks you) Maybe Ara is so mad because there is a kernel of truth to Ileana's words. Deep down she feels the same way he does...and he really wants to kiss her...he moves in... OH MY EYES!!! MY EYES!!!

Gross gross gross!!! Javier apologizes to Ara (We deserve one, too!) and asks if she will be kind to his heart. He doesn't want to be hurt. She flees. He grins like an Evil Mr. Clean™ (TJ.)

On Parenting
We are treated to a scene with Ileana's parents. They notice she is upset and she explains about the fight she had with Ara. They suggest she talk to her friend. After all, they've been buddies since kinder. Ileana thanks them for always giving her reasonable and good advice. They only want the best for her.

Dafne's mom is a different story. She starts the day harping on Dafne. Dafne asks why she even had her and mom snaps back that she wonders the same thing every day. Dafne says she's just an estorba (hinderence) to her mother.

The Torture Ends
The next morning Ara is swooning and dreaming about EMC (Evil Mr Clean) when Esteban calls asking why she lied. They fight. She hangs up and wonders if she should call EMC, but she gets a text from him before she decides.
"Last night I looked at the stars and for each one I gave a reason why I like you" (which we all know is literally "why you please me." Bleccchhh.)

Other Stuff
  • Don Gil wants Dan to marry a nice girl.
  • Nick wants to know how close Gaby is to Tita
  • Este wants to know what Dafne's deal is with Christian (She says the same as with Este they are "just friends.")
  • Ally wants to know if Bruno is bothered about Nick sniffing around Gaby. He says he isn't.
  • Esteban wants to know why Ara lied to him.
  • One of the Mari's ragamuffins wants to know if that biker lady forgot them.
  • My eyes are again assaulted by the sight of So-ho and EMC getting it on.
  • Isa is discharged and comes home.
Avances
  • Dafne throws shade on Ileana and Este.
  • Favier gets his passport.
  • Favier asks Ara if they can meet.
  • Favier runs into Art and Isa. Will they recognize him? It's a test of fire!

Labels:


Comments:
I'm going to try and keep it short and sweet from now on. I do tend to run on.

I've enjoyed all the recaps this week. I think I need lessons in snark from the rest of you. I feel like the butter knife in a drawer full of sharp steak knives. lol
 

Gah!! I forgot the cute scene with Ileana and her parents eating breakfast. I'll put it in there tomorrow.
 

No te preocupes; you did fine.

Which is more than I can say for Favier. I can't believe how hot he thinks he is. More tomorrow; I'm turning in.
 

Great job, Sara, on your succinct recap.
I can see why Ileana is so logical coming from a trusting and sensible family while Daphne has never found any parental love and is constantly spewing her jealous venom due to her lack of being loved. She is not happy and doesn't want anyone around her to be happy.
It was hard to keep my dinner down, with Favier stalking Ara. It was downright creepy. His constant gawking made my skin crawl.
You are so right, Ileana, Daniel, Favier and Ara were very stiff dancers.
I love your -"send the frog upstairs "- my sentiments exactly.
Ally is no fool and deep down inside she knows that Bruno's heart does not belong to her.
Tita and Osvy are so refreshing.
Interesting that Isa still feels Favier's presence.
 

Thanks, folks. I also forgot the scene with Dafne's mom. I'll do some editing after I've had my coffee.

TO thank you so much for Evil Mr Clean. It's perfect.
 

My take on last nights episode:
1.) Daphne's mom trashing her to her face. Now we know why Daphne is mean: Gotta feel bad for her.

2.) Ally knows Bruno's heart is in Gaby and her body language shows it. Should've stayed in Spain

3.) Ara, you downright stupid: kissing Feo/Javier was disgusting. Poor girl doesn't know that she's being PLAYED by him and her aunt, Sonia.

4.) Isabel needs the secret service

5.) Mari knows something is up
 

Sara- you're welcome :-)
BTW- I love the title.
 

Absolutely awesome Sara they can't dance

Turned it off last night (wimped out) and went to the grocery store but suffered through the rest of the Tragedy this morning. (thankfully there was some comic relief so a shout out to Osvy & Tita and Bruno the clown)

Aranza - hook, line and sinker you shameless hussy

Favier - well played, makes my skin crawl but well played

Sonia - you jealous?

Esteban - when you love someone set them free and if they come back round knocking don't answer

Ileana - Dan will do. Hoped it would be Esteban but you are too good a person to do that to Aranza.

Daphne - Opportunist

Ally - return Bruno the clown for at least a partial refund

Tassels - you can't fix stupid

Mari - well I hope Favier is not your father because Esteban is soon single

Ileana's Parents - thank god there are some adults with some sense in this TN

 

Sara---Great--Great recap. Love the title, it's perfect. Great snark all the way through kept me laughing in spite of this dark episode.
Examples---just a few---#1 La Fiesta de Disgraces---#2 Javier apologies to Ara. [We deserve one
too]---#3He grins like an "Evil Mr
Clean"---#4 My eyes are again assaulted by the sight of So-Ho and EMC getting it on.

Sara, one "small" misstep though.
Five kids in hats were actually five kids, four in hats. The children's hats have been mentioned recently and so I have been paying attention to that.

On the subject of paying attention
there has been talk concerning Mari's tight low cut jeans. Well yes---that is something to pay attention to and I for one have no complaints at all. It was also mentioned that it would be nice to see sweet Mari in dress up fashion. I think that will be coming. That will be nice waiting for.

Poor Dafne. Throughout this novela
it's easy to dislike her and her terrible attitude. After last night and a scene from earlier on,
I am really feeling sorry for her
growing up with no one to love or care about her. I know that there are thousands of street kids with no love also, but this novela isn't about them. So yes, I am starting to soften my opinion concerning her.

Tassels is now involved in criminal activities. Dante is pulling him in deeper and deeper. Will he be able to free himself from that guy? Mari isn't fooled.
It's too bad because Tassels is a good guy at heart but how do you make it on the streets with only a minimal education? I hope he can free himself from Dante but it won't be easy. Will Mari help him break away from EVIL #2?
the gringo
 

I agree it unfortunate for Daphne to be treated like this but no excuse for mistreating others (I recall she tripped little Esteban and talked down to him and launched into name calling toward Ileana recently). An explanation of behavior, ok, but an excuse to provoke sympathy from me, no. She is a bully.
 

Sara, your recap is wonderful! I especially like "send the frog upstairs", and Feo owing us an apology... me eyes my eyes! That man is NOT attractive and I usually love bald men. Its got to be his personality.

Tofie: Feo is not Mari's papa. In the episode where SoHo thought bubbled about her pregnancy, the father was a much older man and just happened to be Tobius from CI. We all wondered what happened to him ...
 

LoriLoo-I am definitely a fan of bald men (my husband is one), but Favier is NOT attractive to me at all.

Gringo-I was trying to take notes, so I missed the hat count. Thank you for the correction :-)

Tablet Jefa-I really do love the Evil Mr. Clean imagery.

I feel bad for Dafne's situation, but it's true she's just a bully. Look at Mari: an orphan and mistreated, but still kind to those around her (well, except Dante...but he doesn't deserve kindness.) I hope the writers aren't trying to make Dafne a sympathetic character because she is not. So far she she's just a bully...she isn't murderous. In fact, I find Ara to be a bigger threat than Dafne. Dafne is just engaging in typical mean girl behavior. Dafne hasn't vandalized anything like Ara has!
 

Someone mentioned that Ara looked like Sonia and by-god last knight they looked twins.

Ara is so much more dangerous. Though an adult she reasons like a child just like her aunt. I imagine Sonia pulled destructive stunts as a child with no consequences and the stunts just escalated in severity as she entered adulthood culminating in murder. Like minded, Aranza and Sonia are sister wives to Fernando.
 

"Though an adult she reasons like a child just like her aunt."

Shudder. A very scary observation.

" Like minded, Aranza and Sonia are sister wives to Fernando."

MY EYES!! MY EYES!! AGAIN!! Gah!!! *reaches for pepto* Oh, ew ew ew!!!


 

Sara this was great. I'm saying this in a loving way as we recapped together on AC, you are way too hard on yourself. Your title was hilarious and there were ample bits of snark that kept me giggling throughout. This in particular was chortle worthy: "La Fiesta de Disgraces (not a typo)
Ara can't believe how guapo Favier is. Ileana can't believe how guapo Dan is. I can't believe how badly these people dance. "

And Daphne is bully. There is no excuse for her to be so abusive to her "friends."

tofie, stop scary me "Like minded, Aranza and Sonia are sister wives to Fernando."
 

Loriloo...I thought Sono's older lover (Tobias in CI) told her that he could not be the baby daddy because he had had a vasectomy. Unless he was lying, he is not the daddy, so FeoFavier could be Sono's baby daddy.
 

You are too kind Karen. I still miss AC. I think I'm liking QPob so much because it gives me that same warm fuzzy feeling AC gave me (before Manuela started her shenanigans.)

Susanlynn-the more we get into this show, the more I need some sort of graphic that shows me all the connections. I'm a visual learner. Everyone seems connected somehow. Who was it that commented on how incestuous this one seems?
 

Sara..I am a visual learner, too. that is why I should be trying to get Spanish captions on my TV so that I can see the word and hear the word ,but my ife is hectic and novelas are an escape for me , so.....
 

Sara yes QuePo does have that fun feel that AC had before evil descended. And yes this tn seems more incestuous than most tns.

Did we resolve this? When Feo said he didn't care about his kids, So-not looked upset. But didn't she abandon her own child as well?


 

Is it crazy to think Ara is somehow Sono's child?

Susanlynn- I actually find the captions (both Spanish and English) to be so distracting that it hinders my comprehension. I keep them off and only use them as a last resort.
 

Well Sara though Ara may not be So-not's biological child, she has basically been her mother since the girl was 9. And she has warped Ara's thinking on almost every level so that she is a mini So not.
 

Sara, thanks for this snarky recap. Reading it made me feel woozy.

I agree with you about the captions. They are distracting to me but I understand how those who haven't studied Spanish or don't remember what they learned could feel lost. If you're the latter, took Spanish years ago, try and watch without it; you'll remember things without the CCs as a crutch. Get a Spanish/English app and look up words you don't recognize. This is what I did when I started watching tns regularly last year and within a month I didn't need the CCs anymore.

However, Telemundo and Uni have promoted CC3 to get English-language viewers and the need to fulfill that promise. Telemundo is much better at it, but Uni needs to get it together since it's the one with the most viewership.
 

Sara, thanks for the great recap! I don't how you did it. I had to look away from the screen a couple of times. Fernando is such a slimeball. I know Aranza has done some terrible things, but I don't think she deserves to be seduced by him. I'm wondering though. . . how will this be getting back at Isa? If I were Isa, I'd be offering to pay for the wedding. The sooner that Aranza is out of the house, the better.
 

J desde NYC-The English captions are life savers when there are a lot of idiomatic expressions and/or mush-mouthed actors! Remember, I am distracted by a chihuahua on the screen and I've even been distracted trying to figure out what books are on the shelves behind the actors. LOL.

Univision only started English CCs after LRDS took off. Telemundo was ahead of the game when it came to wooing English-speaking audiences. Too bad they seem to do most of the wooing with narconovelas. It's probably just me, but I hate the message that sends, or rather, I hate the stereotype that it promotes to English speaking audiences. But it sells with both English and Spanish speakers so I fear they are here to stay.

Aleta-I'm kind of wondering the same thing. I'm not sure what the slimeball has in mind.
 

Possibly gets him access to the home and I bet uses Aranza to do the dirty work same as Sonia has. It will devastate Esteban and thus Andy.

I also think Fernando just loves to seduce women, is very good at it and knows exactly the type woman to go after. Flattery is very seductive.

It's possible that Sonia becomes jealous of Fernando's relationship with Aranza.

I'd like to know a few things. What was the relationship between Sonia and Art prior to Eugenia's introduction? How long has Fernando and Sonia been in cahoots/lovers? Who is Mari's father? We finally meet Ileana's parents and Dafne's mom, what about Dafne's father and step-mother?
 

I was never a fan of American soap operas, but my mother, aunt, and maybe even my grandmother were. From them, I learned all about Erica Kane, Adam Chandler, and other iconic characters of daytime TV.

I had started taking Spanish classes before my mother died, and we watched Mas Sabe El Diablo with the English subtitles together. She told me it was her favorite show. It gave her a good distraction from her illness.

Now I'm watching with the Spanish captions. It's like riding a bike with training wheels. One day I hope to take them off. And maybe, just maybe, one day I'll be cruising on a ten-speed.
 

awesome analogy Aleta
 

Thanks. I like your questions. I wonder if they will be answered in the course of the TN. I'm afraid for Aranza if Sonia becomes jealous.
 

Aleta-I find I sometimes need the Spanish CCS when I am tired...THEN they help me focus.

"Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

Heaven help us all if Sono gets jealous.
 

I've wondered the same things, tofie. Didn't Sonia say sometime early on that she introduced Art and Eguenia?
 

I thought she did introduce them but was wondering how Sonia knew Art in the first place. Probably doesn't matter but trying to piece all these connections together. Since everyone is possibility related to one another and bad behavior run amok, I wonder where did Fernando come from? This TN is really about him. He has fathered half of Mexico, had intimate or soon to be intimate relations with most of the wives or gf's in this thing including the queen hell hound herself.
 

It would be interesting to know how they met. I've never had the impression that Sonia worked for a living so they couldn't have met through work.
 

Sonia introduced Art and Eugenia. This was mentiined pretty early on.
 

Maybe Sono's jealousy will be focused on Favier , and they will take each other out. That would be great.
 

Ok---You guys have convinced me that Dafne is a bully but I still feel sorry for her. I wonder how I would have turned out if I had grown up with a mother like hers?
It has been mentioned that Mari was mistreated in the orphanage. I'm sure that she was far from the favorite and as we saw, got yelled at a few times but I don't think that she had been treated nearly as bad as Dafne was. Dafne
the bully? Yes but my guess is that she is really hurting on the inside.

Favier's eyes, he did look like a good pirate although I would have given him a large earring instead of that small ear stud he was wearing but those creepy eyes? I would want to get away from that guy. Aranza thinks he's a "real"
man. Yikes!!! Poor college boy Este.

If Aranza starts dating him and he gains access to the mansion OMG!!!

Mari and Daniel? I'm looking forward to that I don't see Lleana and Daniel but I could be wrong. Lleana is super nice but it looks like Daniel has his sights set on Mari. Oh NO!!! That incest thing. Well we will have to stay tuned to see how it turns out.

I'm worried about Tassels. How is he going to get himself out of the mess that he is now in?

What will be the next evil move for So-not y Favier? Can't wait for Monday night.
the gringo





 

Gringo-when I see the scenes with Dafne and her mom, I do feel sorry for the girl. Her mom says terrible things to her. I don't feel sorry for her when she is being a bully.

I'm worried about Tassels, too.
 

Tassels has a kind heart, wants to help and make a better life but he like Jethro Bodine of the Beverly Hillbillies, naive and over confident of his abilities and importance. He is in it deep now and by proxy Mari. Mari really has 6 kids, 4 with hats, one no hat and one with suspenders
 

Tofie, you're so funny ... "one with suspenders."

Will Borlas's actions get them into trouble and force Mari to work as a maid at Don Gil's house?

Will Fernando gain entry into Isa and Arturo's house and put a snake in the crib?

As Gringo says, it's "must-see TV tonight."
 

tofie....you are too funny in your counting of Mari's kids !
 

I feel sorry for Dafne. her attitude and treatment of others is definitely a result of her mother's mistreatment of her. Like everyone, she was formed by the family she grew up in.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder