Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Hasta El Fin Del Mundo #2 : 8/19/14: The Good, The Bad, The Badder and the Ugly

Recap by Cynderella

Uptown:  Patrick awaits Sophia’s answer to his marriage proposal.  Before she speaks, Greta, her mother, tells her that people don't have to get married.  It's now acceptable to live in sin.

Downtown:   Somewhere in the ghetto, as usual, the poor people are dancing.  Who can blame them?  Anyways, it’s Marisol’s 18th birthday party and she doesn't seem too happy about the guest list.  Her mother invited all of the geriatric people in the neighborhood.  Mom tries to cheer her up by giving her a present, but that doesn’t do the job either.  She wants Chava!  Suddenly, a horn blares and the crowd roars!  Chava strolls in singing, accompanied by more old people playing instruments and wearing white mariachi suits.  Oh joy!  Nothing says PAR-TAY to an 18 year old like her middle-aged brother serenading her along with mariachis who are old enough to be her grandfather.    Marisol and the crowd join in the singing and Chava wraps it up.  A few more people give her gifts.  Matias, the guy with the soul patch gives her a huge teddy bear and encourages everyone to have a good time!  He announces that Chava and Armando are
 unemployed.  Well, the party is over.  He's bummed the poor people out and that's not hard to do.  Later, Chava and his mother discuss how the neighborhood business owners have been selling their shops.  Tulio, his boss was got an offer he couldn't refuse.

Back on Snob Hill, Alexa announces to the family, via Skype, that she is returning to Mexico from Spain.  Everyone is elated until Sofia explains that Alexa is only coming home because she's broke.  Sophia has cut off her credit cards and stopped bankrolling her European va-kay.  Sophia excuses herself from the room.  Greta follows her oldest daughter into the kitchen and demands to know why she cut off Alexa without consulting her first.  Sofia says that Alexa is frivolous with money and makes bad choices.  The gaudy eye shadow?...Need she say more?  Alexa wants to know why her mother has nothing to do with the chocolate factory.  Greta says that her husband made it clear that he didn't want her there.

Greta asks Sofia if she will marry Patrick.  Sofia refuses to discuss Patrick with her mother because she was very rude to him.

Over at Sophia’s real father’s house (Oh, come on, we can see this coming a mile a frickin' way!), Paco is thinking of when he ran into her at in front of the Chocolate Factory.  He stares at a picture of a chef and a woman.

All of the citizens of Mexico are at the racetrack except for Sophia, Patrick, a few other rich people and the unlucky wait staff that has to serve them at a swanky upscale restaurant.  (Side note:  a “poor person” extra from the birthday party was recycled and is now a rich people extra.  She’s the blond with the bad perm out on the patio.)  Anyways, Sophia has agreed to marry Patrick.  She allows him to place the ring of my dreams on her finger, but it doesn't feel right. He says that can't wait to marry her.  They will make it official within two months.  She says, “hell no”!  She is a very busy woman; she has a company to run.  Patrick tells her not place the company above their love.  She sashays out of the restaurant (boy, I wish I could walk like that).  (Just a thought:  A woman that has to think about marrying you and then runs away screaming in terror at the thought of marrying you does not want to marry you).

Sofia ends up visiting her father’s grave in Potter’s field.  She’s crying because she misses him and needs his advice.  (My advice?  Buy him a new tombstone honey, before he haunts you).
    
Sophia and the chauffer leave the Potter’s Field.  Boris forgets her previous warning and while driving, he checks his cell phone.  At the breakneck speed of 7 to 8 miles an hour, Boris slams into the back of a truck.  Both he and his distinguished passenger are knocked unconscious on impact.

Back at the racetrack, Chava has taken the lead, but right before he crosses the finishes line, his engine stalls.  No one can believe it!  He gets out of his car, bangs the roof and ugly cries…he’s quite a natural at UGLY crying.  We are even given a close up to show how good he is at being ugly.  The sponsors leave.  Armando, his hype man, tries to comfort him, but Chava remains on the rack all night.

The next day, at Paco's storage shed, Chava covers up his car.  By the way, the car's name is Patotas (Big Foot).  Chava makes out with Patotas, whispers sweet nothings to it, a promises to return for it as soon as he gets some cash.  Armando comes in and they chat about nothing.  He thinks it's awesome that Paco let Chava use his storage shed for his car.  Matais runs in to tell him that the owner of his company is looking for a new chauffer.  Chava's not interested.

Later Armando loses his new job at a garage.  He punched out his boss for teasing him about being the cause of Chava losing the race.

Sofia is in her office getting ready to interview drivers.  She explains to Fausto that she passed out during the car accident because the seatbelt tightened on her thorax.  Why did the driver pass out? Fausto tells her that he too doesn't like Patrick. Anyways, she’s not feeling the first candidate.  She'll "let him know".  Ooooh, I hate that!  She personally opens the door for the second interview, who turns out to be Chava.  Their eyes meet and she either becomes constipated again or she has the big O.  I can’t tell which.  Alls I know is that she seemed very smitten.  Could she have a mullet fetish?  A troll fetish?  Naw!  Ya think?  Anyways, she grips the door, she can barely stand.  The  way Chava stares at her demonstrates why poor nerds don’t get dates.  He asks if she is Sofia.  It is a no no to call her by her first name.  He tells her that he came as a lark, but he will drive her anywhere, now that he has seen her.  Fausto
 excuses himself, but motions that she should use the pepper spray if Chava gets out of hand.  The two sit down at her  desk to talk, but are interrupted by a emergency phone call about the Customs Officer.

Meanwhile, over at the Evil Syndicate, Patrick is speaking with the man from the wine cellar.  The wine cellar man hired Patrick to seduce Sofia into marrying him.  Patrick would then drive Ripoll Chocolate into bankruptcy and that would force the sisters to sell the property to the Winey guy.  Patrick assures him that Sofia has agreed to marry him, just not right now.  Wine guy mocks him and says that Sofia doesn't respect him because she brings home the bacon.  A woman needs to feel that her man is a hero.  He tells Patrick that he will help him.  Labato, his right hand man will set it up.  Patrick should expect a phone call with further instructions.

Back to Sofia and Chava.  She has some rules.  He must NEVER call her by her first name.  Second, no jokes.  She is not amused.  A driver's job is to be there but be unnoticed.  Chava tells her that he'll always be close to her.

Daniela skips school and takes the cab to the mall.  While she is shopping, she is approached by a salesman (boy) who tells her the dress she is eyeing is on sale.  He add her up purchases and asks for cash.  It turns out that the sales man is a thief who has swiped the badge, jacket and clip board. He's steals from the rich and gives to himself.  Anyways, the real sales lady alerts security and they give chase.  The boy drags Daniela out of the building and drags her down the stairs.  While hiding from security, he takes the opportunity to kiss her and they make out a little.  He runs off in order to lead security away from her.

Over a Chava's house, Marisol refuses to wear the skirt her mother is repairing.  She will get a job so that she can buy her own clothes.  Her mother says that Chava wants Marisol to concentrate on her studies.

The secretary, Silvana, is at a rehab center screaming at a woman about her brother getting drugs.  Her brother jumped out of a window.  Oh my!  She storms off.

Back on Snob Hill, we learn the Chava dropped out of school to support the family after his father left.  He lives in the neighborhood where the factory is located.  Greta barges in and wants to know why Sofia didn't tell her about the car accident.  She wants to interview Chava.  Sofia gets a phone call from her Silvana saying that Patrick can't make the meeting and that she should go in his place.  Chava is hired on a trial basis.






Labels:


Comments:
"He gets out of his car, bangs the roof and ugly cries…he’s quite a natural at UGLY crying. We are even given a close up to show how good he is at being ugly. "

"Could she have a mullet fetish? A troll fetish? Naw! Ya think? "

and

"Chava makes out with Patotas, whispers sweet nothings to it, a promises to return for it as soon as he gets some cash."

had me rolling on the ground laughing. What a treasure this recap is!

I can't understand why Sofia would marry Patricio if she isn't sure about her feelings. Does she just want to torture herself and hope that the feelings will come one day?

You are too funny! :)

 

Cynderella, this was deliciously rich and decadent. Thought your humor was spot on and was wonderful...

"Nothing says PAR-TAY to an 18 year old like her middle-aged brother serenading her along with mariachis who are old enough to be her grandfather", "Snob Hill" and "he’s quite a natural at UGLY crying" (along with the quotes TomBoy noted) were among my many favorites.

"Side note: a “poor person” extra from the birthday party was recycled and is now a rich people extra. She’s the blond with the bad perm out on the patio") It’s obvious you have a great eye for detail as well.

Although I don't quite buy Chava as a galan, I have to give him credit for trying. He was clearly smitten with Sophia and I had to smile that he made absolutely no attempt to hide it. I didn't quite understand her response (surprised, reddened cheeks) as he is not the typical drop dead gorgeous lead, but, I'll accept it.

Marisol seems a little petulant but it's too bad Matias spoiled the soiree with the bad news.

Looks like an exciting chase ensues tonight.

"The Good, The Bad, The Badd4er and the Ugly" was the perfect description for last night's events.

I'm looking forward to tonight's epsiode and to your future recaps Cynderella.

Diana
 

Cynderella:

Thanks so much for this marvelous and very funny recap.

I liked your line about Chava making out with the car, too funny.

xInt was right yesterday about Alexa's makeup looking like if Maybelline exploded, lol. That eyeshadow, it's so bright it hurts the eyes.

That woman that Silvania was yelling at, could that have been her Mama?

I don't get why Sofia wants to marry Pato either! She clearly has no feelings for him, other that friendship maybe. She needs to tell him no and go on her way. I'm glad when he insisted they marry in couple months she told him no.

So that skeevy wine guy is the guy pulling Pato's strings. Crackpot theory number 2! I wonder if he's got some connection to Greta too? Should be interesting.

Can't wait for tonight to see what happens with Chava and his first day on the job.
 

Diana:

I too couldn't see PF as a galan. I really liked him in Dinero and he's won me over here too. I like the chemistry with Sofia and Chava. And Fausto in the back ground too funny.
 

Ha! I just love recaps by you Cynderella. Nice to have you recapping again.

Did Sofia say yes just to annoy her mama? And perhaps she's attracted to Chava because he doesn't lick her boots like a lackey like Patricio does, but just puts it out there like a man that he likes what he sees?
 

I think the lady at the rehab center is the owner. Silvana says that she pays her a lot of money to ensure this doesn't happen.
 

I think Sofia has to be in control. Patrick is safe and she is not fearful of losing it over him. I think she would be attracted to the real Patrick...the one who looked at Silvana. She can't be with the real one because he would control her.
 

Cynderella - Great to have you back doing recaps. I laughed all the way. My favorites have been called out, but here's one more:

Sofia says that Alexa is frivolous with money and makes bad choices. The gaudy eye shadow?...Need she say more?

Okay, I wasn't expecting much chemistry from Chava and Sofia, but the director didn't help them at all by going over the top with their "first look." Chava is not the type that knocks you over on first sight, but he can slowly reel you in with his personality. Hope he sings some more.

I know Patricio is the bad guy, but I felt bad for him when Sofia said she had too much important business executive stuff to do to be bothered making marrying him in two months a priority. Ouch!
 

Niecie, I don't want him to sing. Like you said, I have to stretch my imagination and pretend that he is attractive. Now I have to stretch my imagination in order to believe that he is a singing, handsome, racecar driver. That's too much stretching. I'm exhausted.
 

UGH, I tried, but can't take this. MdeS's whiny, nasally voice and PF's ugly, if-you-squint-your-eyes-I-still-look-the-same mug is just not what should have replaced the beautiful people of LQLVMR. Not to mention the skeletal bug-eyed thing that is Julian Gil. Shallow? Yes, I am ... but I want what I want. Maybe I'll just follow this one in the recaps. Arriva los recaps!
 

Niecie that's exactly what im thinkin! Chava is the guy who wins you over with his personality and I highly doubt anyone would give him the look Sofia did..

I've been saying to a lot of people that it would work better If Chava was the one giving Sofia 'the look' and Sofia would be blind to his adoration. I'd love to see the underdog winning for once.
 

Dear Cynderella,

I'm so happy you are recapping! This was laugh-out-loud funny all the way through and also very informative and detailed.

Loved it! Thanks so much.
Best to you and everyone,
Julia R.
 

Cynderella,

Thanks for the info on that lady. I wasn't sure who she was.

I don't think it is going to be easy for Chava to win over Sofia. Sure they had that little moment, but Sofia looked uncomfortable going into that interview.

Greta cracked me up though. She and Fausto are still my favorite characters.
 

Cynderella, What a fun recap! So many good lines, but this was my favorite: "Over at Sophia’s real father’s house (Oh, come on, we can see this coming a mile a frickin' way!) My thoughts exactly!

I did think Chava's reaction to Sofia was a bit over the top. But maybe all she needs is some attention from another man - even a humble, honest, homely guy - to make her take a step back from Patricio who strikes me as a guy who is smoother than he is smart.

I love Pedro's voice. Though he may be homely, he has a certain charm. This is the first time I've seen him in anything. (I didn't watch Dinero.) I can see why people really like him.


 

xInt:

That's why I like PF. He is marvelous with the singing and he does have charm. I watched Dinero in repeats in late night and the actresses they paired him up with Luz Elena Gonzalez, and Itati Cantoral where great with him too. He has this aw shucks ma'am thingy about him that just makes you want to pull for him ; )
 

So I like the Crackpot Theory about Paco being Sofia's real Daddy. That has been telegraphed pretty well. I can't wait to find out the details.
 

The very first episode, Sofia and Paco meet, he says the plant has been open 30 years, she says "as long as I've been alive", meaning she's 30, he says "I know" in a cryptic way, which makes her wonder how he knows that. This is right after or before Greta says that Sofia would hate her if she knew THE TRUTH. Yeah, I think it's safe to say that Paco is Sofia's daddy. Question is, did Greta's husband know before he died? If he did, it didn't matter to him since he left the biz in Sofia's hands.
 

Cynderella, you had me laughing all the way through. Thanks!

Jarifa
 

Could there be a chance of Sofia losing control of the company if/when it's revealed she's not a bio heir? If the will said something like "I leave the company in the hands of my first-born child", they would be majorly screwed if the company then fell in the hands of the sister who maxed out her cards in Spain and doesn't know how to apply makeup. Pato and his boss would only have to sit back and watch the place go to ruin. No need to break a sweat on their part.
 

Cynderella so nice to have you back recapping. I won't be able to watch this consistently but will be there for the recaps.

I saw parts of Dinero and can see Pedro's appeal but I still want my galans ridiculously handsome.
 

I've seen parts of Hasta. I only liked him in one scene. When he kissed Alejandra at the hospital and she wouldn't admit that she loved him. Sometimes I rewatch that scene just to laugh. I like the Columbian version of Hasta much better.
 

This is a first for me, watching Marjorie de Sousa playing a Protagonist in a TN ever.

Unless someone else can correct me.
 

How great to have you back in the harness,so to speak, Cynderella. Your recaps and comments are always such a hoot. This recap is of course, hilarious.

Last night I spotted another old favorite from MEPS, the fresh and refreshingly natural Gardenia (Aleida Núñez) in all her bubilicious glory.

I watched the second half of Dinero and even did a few recaps. I really enjoyed Pedro Fernández as Rafa. A similarity between Chava and Rafa:

"Chava makes out with Patotas, whispers sweet nothings to it, a promises to return for it as soon as he gets some cash."

Rafa was also very fond of his personified auto in Dinero. An excerpt from an excellent recap back then:

"...our naco knight failed to keep up with the appetite of his beloved steed, Pantera. Just as horses falter without oats, automobiles become balky without gasoline."

I think that he makes a dandy lovable galan, even if not cut from the same cloth as many of the pretty, rather interchangeable galans we are accustomed to. I for one think that he and Sofía already are displaying some potentially exciting chemistry. I'd much prefer hearing his conversation with Sofía last night over any of those we heard between Alejandro and Montserrat during LQLVMR.

Carlos
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

This comment has been removed by the author.
 

Vivi, the younger sister of Sofia, used to be on Por Siempre Mi Amor.
 

Daniela is also from Abismo de Pasion.
 

Alicia- Yep. I know. Jade was a favorite of ours in Por Siempre. Nice to see her here as the cute youngest sister. I was criticizing the shallow middle sister with the makeup issues. :)
 

Thanks, Cynderella.

I am a PF fan. I've always liked him as a galan because he's not smoking hot. It makes me feel like the connection between him and the prota is more than physical. He has to win them over with charm.

So far this is moving rather slowly for me.

They did a great job casting Lucas. He's a cutie and he and Jade will be cute together.
 

I agree with you Sara, I'm not shallow either. Why just the other day I was telling someone that I don't like rippling muscles on stunningly gorgeous galans. It's just too distracting when I am trying to concentrate on the plot and dialogue. I will have no problem with that on this show. :^)
 

I like this one, sure Pedro Fernande over acts-but then so does Eduardo Yanez and everyone loves the dude, I'm gonna watch this one! Cyn, awesome recap!
 

Caught an epi when my amigas and I were on vacay in Mexico. I liked it! Yes, the galan is not the traditional handsome hearthrob, but I was won over. It's about time we got a lead with a little personality (and anger does not equal personality...cough, cough Alejandro)!

A few years back, I watched Sacrificio de Mujer with Marjorie. She was the lead, but definitely flawed. So for those wondering if she's been a protaganista prior...kinda?
 

Marjorie is the most gorgeous woman in the world
 

The ugly gotta be Pedro Fernández. Seriously? Who in Televisa thinks he is ''galán'' with that face AND THAT HAIR!! God, he is fugly!!

Today, between SULAIMAN and SOY TU DOBLE I had nothing else to do and watched it. Reminds me A LOT of that crap with Erika Buenfil and Yáñez. YUK!
Please someone disconnect my oxigen mask from 8 to 9 and take me out of my misery!
 

Hey now, Pablo! Nobody talks about my baby Eddie Yanez! :^)
 

I actually really like Pedro Fernandez as a galan,i take him everyday instead of Pedro Medina:) And i enjoy that Sofia is an independent woman that knows her priorities and takes shit from no one. I enjoyed the boy frauding Daniela and then kissing her,thats a robbery on first sight!

And atleast Chava has some personality ,morals and dedication unlike Alejandro who was just licking his Fathers wallet and almost had no morals to look up to( A lot of his morals went down the drain when he took Monse by force and slept with her knowing that she was married to JL at the time)
 

Thanks Cynderella!

I'm really late to comment but I just had the chance to watch this episode.

The makeup on Alexa looks even worse in HD. I didn't think it was possible for it to look worse.

Who was that guy at the race (not the sponsorship guy but the other one)? I got the feeling that the car was tampered with. Could it had been the wine cellar guy?

I was surprised to see Patricio working for the wine cellar guy. What does expect to gain by driving the chocolate factory to ruin?

So is Marisol a brat with dreams of the rich life? She was so rude to her mother about the skirt.

I like Pedro Fernandez and enjoyed hearing him sing.

Btw the actor who plays Lucas sings also. Will Pedro and him do a duo?



 

I don't know who the other guy is. I was trying to figure that out. I also believe the car was tampered with. We will have to wait for the big reveal.
 

Does anyone notice how wild and carefree both of the younger sisters hair is styled, but Sophia's is uptight? I think their trying to show us their personalities through their hair.
 

The driver/bodyguard calming down his boohooing client reminds me of Amores Verdaderos too. Ay, how I miss Eduardo Yáñez! But I do like that scrappy thing Pedro's got going.
 

Post a Comment



<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older

© Caray, Caray! 2006-2022. Duplication of this material for use on any other site is strictly prohibited.

Protected by Copyscape Online Plagiarism Finder